Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2014 12:11 AM

Feb 2012
The episode is better then last one. Really liked the scene with the blue haired girl killing the minigun dude.

Jul 13, 2014 12:15 AM

Feb 2014
More Sinon action, that part when she kills the minigun dude was just. fuckin'. awesome. the pacing seemed pretty slow cuz A-1 Pictures is taking it slowly, not screwing everything up like the first SAO.
SAO II is gonna be epic, along with Tokyo Ghoul and Akame ga Kill.
looking forward to next episode
"Just because I’ve gotten weaker, it doesn’t mean that you got stronger, right?" - Accelerator
Jul 13, 2014 12:18 AM

Aug 2013
Sinon is the reason of why i still tagged along with SAO
Jul 13, 2014 12:20 AM

Sep 2013
bad-ass sinon!! nice ep.
Jul 13, 2014 12:32 AM

May 2014
Good episode for Sinon. Didn't like the end of the episode though..
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 13, 2014 12:43 AM
Jul 2013
A_Lonely_Jedi said:
Sung-Hwan said:
Great episode
A compliment has been discovered! <_<

I used to hate SAO as much as the next MyAnimeList or /a/ neckbeard cunt but it steadily grew on me over time.

I hear good things about the novels and that's why my renewed interest still lasts. If the first anime adaptation of SAO was just an experiment, I hope this is where they get it fully realized.
00002019Jul 13, 2014 12:47 AM
Jul 13, 2014 12:47 AM
Sep 2009
Another tentacle scene.
Jul 13, 2014 12:57 AM

Oct 2012
Liked this a lot more than the 1st ep, with the exception of the ALO scene at the end. Hopefully we get to see more of Sinon kicking ass and less of Kirito's harem sucking dick.
Jul 13, 2014 1:04 AM

Oct 2007
lol how easily pleased people are when the show doesn't invoke the whole Kirito Gary Stu thing. It's funny cause anyone should know it's really not going to last and everyone's going to be back to grumbling before long.

My only thought this week is why does SAO II have Madoka Magica music and then it was like oh yeah right for some reason everyone's favorite composer who seems to have the same basic OST for every show much like Sawano everyone Sawano is on this too. I just can't get excited over this composers music and it always just feels so generic movie trailer music. It almost just makes me laugh and I wouldn't doubt if it's the reason some people claim this show takes itself too seriously cause it just doesn't feel like all the chanting and stuff fits with an MMO game. Other than that this episode is kind of a return to those early episodes of the first season that were standalone and kind of broke up the narrative a lot making it an awkward watch. I'm not so sure about that approach, but I get the sense it's not going to be quite the same
Jul 13, 2014 1:04 AM

Dec 2011
Well animation is better, we get more action and more fun. I like that focus switched to some side characters. I always felt that next to main character and to some extent Asuna, no others were really explored.

Gj so far!
Jul 13, 2014 1:17 AM

Sep 2013
damn that mid air sniping... sinon need to sent her vid to faze clan
Jul 13, 2014 1:23 AM

Nov 2007
So it got a bit detail to the new world with what that new girl does, but Kirito and others are still in the 2nd world of the anime series.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 13, 2014 1:31 AM

Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
lol how easily pleased people are when the show doesn't invoke the whole Kirito Gary Stu thing. It's funny cause anyone should know it's really not going to last and everyone's going to be back to grumbling before long.
Goes to show even people with shit taste can get tired of that trope.
Jul 13, 2014 1:34 AM

Jul 2012
Sinion really is a great sniper in GGO. I wonder how well she will do with Kazuto once he enters the game.

Great episode!!!
Jul 13, 2014 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
If somebody like her is labeled the best sniper in GGO, it must be a game full of shitty snipers. Why did she go close quarters after firing her second shot, instead of continuing her fire on Behemoth? Does she not understand that a sniper relies on distancing themselves from their targets? Why are they so scared of dying in-game when it has no consequences? Why introduce another forgettable female character with a cookie-cutter personality?

Or, to finally ask the question that matters: Why does Sword Art Online have such a large fan base, when it's absolute crap? Obviously, I can't spoil anything here, but: the method that "Death Gun" (stupidest name in history) uses to kill people ends up being something that was clearly pulled out of the authors ass.
Jul 13, 2014 1:58 AM

Feb 2014
While the Death Gun may not be a great name. You have to realize, that the author isn't from an English speaking country. For the Japanese, an English word, might give out an exotic feel. Its like how Ubermensch may be intriguing for non German speaking individuals.
Jul 13, 2014 2:07 AM

Jun 2014
clarestanfield said:
While the Death Gun may not be a great name. You have to realize, that the author isn't from an English speaking country. For the Japanese, an English word, might give out an exotic feel. Its like how Ubermensch may be intriguing for non German speaking individuals.

Also Death gun is a reference to Death note.
Jul 13, 2014 2:08 AM

Jun 2012
22mins worth nothing.

The whole episode brought nothing to the table, except maybe some generic "character development" about that sniper gal

Just as I expected
Jul 13, 2014 2:13 AM

Jun 2007
Oddyeus said:
If somebody like her is labeled the best sniper in GGO, it must be a game full of shitty snipers. Why did she go close quarters after firing her second shot, instead of continuing her fire on Behemoth? Does she not understand that a sniper relies on distancing themselves from their targets? Why are they so scared of dying in-game when it has no consequences? Why introduce another forgettable female character with a cookie-cutter personality?

Pretty much my thoughts as well when watching this episode.

Also the whole thing about using a sniper in a game like that just seems boring. And it was of course proven boring just by how extremely boring this episode was. It was just slow and there was like no "good" or even "okay" gunfighting in the whole episode. I'm no big fan of "gun" action in stuff, but if there are guns, the action should be much faster paced and not this slow crap. Hell pretty much all of the first SAO season (even the bad second half) with just swords felt way faster paced. Hopefully it'll get somewhat better, but seeing how hyped the GGO arc has been, I kinda doubt it'll get better as people always over hype the crappiest stuff.
Jul 13, 2014 2:15 AM

Sep 2011
Thread Cleaned
As for note, please don't post spoilers in this thread. If someone really wants to be spoiled then they can do so in comment section on their profile or PMs.
Jul 13, 2014 2:15 AM

Jun 2014
Oddyeus said:

Or, to finally ask the question that matters: Why does Sword Art Online have such a large fan base, when it's absolute crap? Obviously, I can't spoil anything here, but: the method that "Death Gun" (stupidest name in history) uses to kill people ends up being something that was clearly pulled out of the authors ass.

After she made the first shot, behemoth could easily dodge all of her shots.
If they die they have a chance of losing all of the stuff they are carrying. So those who have unique weapons etc. would think twice before doing something. Also Sinon have another reason why she pulls the trigger which I won't reveal now. Sinon is introduced because she will play an important roll.
Jul 13, 2014 2:18 AM

Apr 2014
Oddyeus said:

Chill it's just an anime

Why are u trying to bring realism in it
Jul 13, 2014 2:21 AM

Feb 2014
Unlucky-kat said:
clarestanfield said:

Also Death gun is a reference to Death note.

Had no idea about that (:

OT: Thought it was a decent episode. Though, I've to say, I don't really enjoy guns. Hopefully, there's more to the plate.
Jul 13, 2014 2:27 AM

Feb 2012
I don't like Sinon's voice very much, but I'll deal with it. Really hoping to see more of her IRL, she's a cutie!
Jul 13, 2014 2:28 AM

Aug 2013
Oddyeus said:

For all your questions that were answered in the episode, you can check out the first page of this thread and read my comment, it explains everything if you missed it. As for the second paragraph that you typed out, that is entirely your own opinion of a series. Your opinion isn't the same as the person next to you. As someone stated earlier, the author is Japanese so using an English word makes someones name sound exotic to them. I am going to suspect that you have read the Novel and that you should of already knew all the answers to your questions anyway since you point out in your second paragraph some sort of knowledge of future events that will happen in the anime.
Jul 13, 2014 2:40 AM

Nov 2008
Hey folks, I waited 5 hours at anime expo to see the U.S. premier for this anime for episode 1. Just seen episode 2 and all I can say is, I am bored and I want my time back :/. Also I am going to sell that shit poster they gave me cause it has autographs so maybe someone with shit taste will take it for some money.
Jul 13, 2014 2:45 AM

Feb 2014
ManaAlchemist said:

Also the whole thing about using a sniper in a game like that just seems boring. And it was of course proven boring just by how extremely boring this episode was. It was just slow and there was like no "good" or even "okay" gunfighting in the whole episode. I'm no big fan of "gun" action in stuff, but if there are guns, the action should be much faster paced and not this slow crap. Hell pretty much all of the first SAO season (even the bad second half) with just swords felt way faster paced. Hopefully it'll get somewhat better, but seeing how hyped the GGO arc has been, I kinda doubt it'll get better as people always over hype the crappiest stuff.

Shino's party is ambusing the other party, what the hell are you expecting to be fast. Having a sniper in an ambush isn't perfect enough?
Beside, the show was just 2 episodes already.
Jul 13, 2014 2:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just me who thinks the environments used here look frighteningly similar to Mass Effect? :o
Jul 13, 2014 3:02 AM

May 2013
Its time for Sinon to shine. And the OST is amazing, Thank you Yuki Kajiura.
SweetCoconutJul 13, 2014 3:10 AM
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 13, 2014 3:03 AM

Jan 2011
So another female main, huh. She will join the harem, no doubt.
Harem increse -> score in my book decreases.
Jul 13, 2014 3:13 AM
May 2014
sinon...and her sniping skills

please stop it with the romance...
Jul 13, 2014 3:15 AM

Jan 2011
The setting reminds me of Fallout.
Jul 13, 2014 3:20 AM

Aug 2013
xchee said:
Is there some special game mechanics that I'm missing here because what Sinon did was very illogical for a sniper.

1) Why didn't she warn her team that one guy was wielding a mini-gun? They have the means to communicate, why didn't she radio it in?

2) She had a nice vantage point to snipe the blaster guys. She could still see them even behind cover (if you can even call it that). Why didn't she thin them out so her team could have an easier time dealing with the mini-gun guy?

3) She's a sniper. Why couldn't she just stay in the shadows and snipe the mini-gun guy while he's busy dealing with Dyne and co.? I understand there's some kind of prediction lines or some kind of line of sight (was that what the red line was?) but if the enemy's busy shooting someone else, there's a greater chance that he won't be paying attention to you.

I could just wait for future episodes to explain it and I'll go "ooh so that's why..." but I would appreciate if someone would tell me now so I won't get confused and go "that's just BS." Well, it made for some nice action and I do think Sinon's a cool character. Ditch Kirito and make her the MC.

Pretty much were my questions for this episode.
Despite having read the novels, I don't think I can remember why.
*sigh*
Jul 13, 2014 3:25 AM
Jul 2007
Oddyeus said:

Ok, first off. You do realize this isn't just a 'game'. It actually uses your body/brain reflexes to shoot the gun and recognize and utilize your surroundings. I would LOVE to see you go in the game and go into the same situation as Sinon did without knowing what would happen next. And she had to go close range most likely because the Behemoth guy could easily perceive her bullet coming from longer distances, and there were no other vantage points and her ONLY vantage point was revealed in the very beginning of the shootout. Thus, she had to go close range. And since she is one of the most skilled snipers, she can handle her own in close range combat. I'd love to see you jump off a building and snipe a guy in the head with your actual reflexes...

ManaAlchemist said:
Oddyeus said:

Pretty much my thoughts as well when watching this episode.

And to the 2nd post, yeah you find it boring because quote, "I'm no big fan of "gun" action in stuff" and you think it should be faster paced. I know it's your opinion, but that doesn't mean all gun fighting is fast paced. This pacing was perfect imo and you don't just rush into battle and shoot everyone down without a strategy. Do you watch american football? Play paintball? Think of it that way? They have to ambush people and avoid getting killed or they lose out on the payout. The hate this anime gets is just because it's too popular and all the people hating on it have nothing better to do but watch it. I think only people who play MMOs and strategy tactic games hardcore understand what this anime is really about.
Jul 13, 2014 3:26 AM
Jun 2014
Good episode IMO, though that jump at the end bugged me, I wonder if there's fall damage in GGO, read the light novel a long time ago so I dont really remember and yeah, love Sinon!!!

Jul 13, 2014 3:28 AM

Jan 2011
superzombie23 said:
I think only people who play MMOs and strategy tactic games hardcore understand what this anime is really about.

Bwahahahahaahhahaha
Jul 13, 2014 3:40 AM
Feb 2014
ReaperCreeper said:
The setting reminds me of Fallout.

Yeah that would be a good comparison as GGO also plays in a post-apocalyptic setting and most of the land is barren wasteland ;-)

As for why she can't stay where she was: As seen her second shot had a glaring red line showing exactly where it would land and every other shot would have done the same for the 60 seconds mentioned in the anime.

Now for the people here calling for her to stay: Would you in ANY FPS game stay where you are as a sniper if your position is exposed and every other shot would be clearly visible and dodgeable?

As for why many people are taking this seriously: As said in episode 1 you can earn money while playing this and while you can't live in luxery it is enough for 1 person to live if he or she is good enough.
That alone is a good reason for taking this game seriously but Sinon has a very personal reason, too and as said as this is based on the SEED just like ALO is, death can mean that you can drop your weapon or gear; taking into account that you needed to buy this from ingame money that you thereafter can't exchange into real money anymore I can see them having some sort of attachment to their guns and gear, or?
Jul 13, 2014 3:50 AM
Oct 2011
MarikGr said:
Found something interesting , i think they reused the animation from the first season ep 2 when kirito kills that red ogre http://s17.postimg.org/rtvz9ew8e/coincidenta_don_t_think_so.jpg , what do you guys think ?
shh don't ruin their perfect animu.
NettoAzure said:
Episode 2: 10% Setups, 20% Snipers, 10% Assault tRifles, 10% Energy Weapons, 20% Assault Miniguns, 30% Sinon. :D
+ 20% harem and 10% ecchi.

babymilo91 said:
That shot to the head was awesome. I like this Sinon character.
That shot of the ass as well.
RagingMan said:
Smiling while playing an MMO is serious business.
I find it weird as a Moba player. I usually smile after I've gone through something exciting, not while doing it. 'cause you need to focus to actually do it and stuff.
swaggahsaurus said:
I feel like the role of female characters will give a lot of unnecessary fanservice, but hopefully lessons have been learned from last season and they won't go that route. The sniper character, Sinon, seems somewhat over-powered, but I have to admit that I'm quite fascinated by her in real life, since she seems to be weaker? than she is in the game. If SAO plays with the different sides of her, in game and in real life, that would be very interesting!
I haven't read the light novels, so I have no idea where this is going to go ^^' That's a very fascinating theory, Taisho-san!
If they learned from last season they wouldn't have added the same tentacle scene from last season.
Jul 13, 2014 3:51 AM
Jul 2007
Caleb8980 said:

As for why she can't stay where she was: As seen her second shot had a glaring red line showing exactly where it would land and every other shot would have done the same for the 60 seconds mentioned in the anime.

Now for the people here calling for her to stay: Would you in ANY FPS game stay where you are as a sniper if your position is exposed and every other shot would be clearly visible and dodgeable?

As for why many people are taking this seriously: As said in episode 1 you can earn money while playing this and while you can't live in luxery it is enough for 1 person to live if he or she is good enough.
That alone is a good reason for taking this game seriously but Sinon has a very personal reason, too and as said as this is based on the SEED just like ALO is, death can mean that you can drop your weapon or gear; taking into account that you needed to buy this from ingame money that you thereafter can't exchange into real money anymore I can see them having some sort of attachment to their guns and gear, or?

Agree with everything you said. It's basically what I was too lazy to write in my post. And I don't think they lose their gear when they die, but they probably do get a bad rating for something.
Jul 13, 2014 3:59 AM

Feb 2014
superzombie23 said:
Caleb8980 said:

Agree with everything you said. It's basically what I was too lazy to write in my post. And I don't think they lose their gear when they die, but they probably do get a bad rating for something.

No, they'll lose their item, the light novel have mentioned it.
Jul 13, 2014 4:07 AM

Jul 2010
Kinda hoped Kirito would be entering GGO this episode, but setting up Sinon's character was interesting too.

Jul 13, 2014 4:10 AM

Mar 2012
I started reading the GGO LN a little while back in preparation for this and I have to say that physically seeing action scenes is so much better than having them described to you.

I'm glad they're taking it slow without making it boring. I was expecting them to adapt both the action scene and Shino's backstory in one episode so once it got to the credits I was left thinking 'It's over already?'.

The animation is even better than Season 1 and Yuki Kaijura's soundtrack is as good as ever. Plus we've got Miyuki Sawashiro in the lead cast now. No complaints for this episode.

Next week will likely be Shino's backstory. I can't wait to see it animated.
Jul 13, 2014 4:18 AM

Sep 2008
Pacing is on the slow side, some padding here and there, including Sinon's virtual boobs + theighs. Guilty pleasures aside, there's definitely more attention to detail and it feels more consistent than the first season.

Looking good.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Jul 13, 2014 4:31 AM

Jun 2010
Nice voice acting from Miyuki.

Episode two, still waiting for A-1 to fuck up.
Jul 13, 2014 4:34 AM
Jul 2007
SayonaraSelena said:

No, they'll lose their item, the light novel have mentioned it.

Oh damn... that's hardcore.
Jul 13, 2014 4:42 AM

Dec 2010
What a great episode, the intensity really immersed me. I hope there will be more episodes like this one in the future.
Jul 13, 2014 4:57 AM

Sep 2012
Personally, this was the best SAO episode of all time.
Can SAO get rid of Kirito and Asuna and focus completely on Sinon? Cause that'd be amazing.
Jul 13, 2014 4:58 AM

Dec 2012
We get to see Sinon fighting. She looks badass especially with that smile after firing that gun.

I was expecting that Kirito would go to GGO ASAP but still it wasn't bad that they didn't rush it out.
Jul 13, 2014 5:04 AM
Sep 2013
Good epsiode, we get some information on what's happening in the game and what it's about. I really wanted to see Kirito in action this episode but I guess I'll have to wait till next week. Also the ending reminded me of SnK ending lol
Jul 13, 2014 5:24 AM

Jul 2011
Nice episode. Much better than the first one!
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 6, 2014

418 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

515 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 2:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.