Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 12, 2014 7:14 AM

Apr 2008
DarkMind said:
oh no im so sad that future lucy died.... no srsly we got so much involved with that character.
So. How are they going to bring her back? With some time travel bullshit? I'm willing to bet that Future Lucy isn't going to stay dead.

No she's dead
Jul 12, 2014 7:36 AM

May 2013
Future Lucy :(
Jul 12, 2014 7:52 AM

Jun 2014
Now we wait for the part that

gets animated $$$
Jul 12, 2014 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
Oh :O so the first op and ed 2 were all about the future :(
op 1 is Natsu fighting the dragons and dying in Lucy's arms then ed 2 where Lucy dies and meets up with everyone in heaven to continue their adventure :( damn that's f* up.
Jul 12, 2014 9:51 AM

Dec 2011
All hail the winner of the Grand Magic Games, FAIRY TAIL!!!!

Geez, they still aren't done with the knights and executioners lol?

They're being swallowed by shadows O.o

Um... were they killed by any chance?

Jellal saw another Lucy before the current future Lucy arrived, it seems.

Ohoo, now I get it, the other Lucy that Jellal saw informed the princess and that's why it seemed like the princess was lying.

So the the person from the future that advised the princess was a man huh.

Is that future Rogue lol?

But... but... what if opening the portal isn't such a good idea and it actually brings the dragons?

Damn... not even 10% of the world's population survived...

I just knew that he'd say Lucy lol.

Well... RIP future Lucy.

Happy T.T

I wonder if Natsu will go berserk now hm... and he did... in a more controlled manner though!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 12, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2013
Good episode. I felt a little bit when future Lucy died but I really felt when Natsu attacked Future Rogue with a tear in his eye.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jul 12, 2014 10:04 AM

Aug 2013
I cried. I am such a wimp.

T_T

I liked this episode, the animation was slightly better too (or am I just getting used to it?)
Sorry! I must admit I am confused most of the time.
Feel free to recommend anime to me, or tell me to shut up.
Jul 12, 2014 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
am speechless even doe i read it this part in the manga i dint droped a tear but the anime
omg just hearing happy cry brougth tears to my eyes a wonderfull episode this is what FT is all about
the feels man the feels
Jul 12, 2014 10:58 AM

May 2012
Im gonna get dehydrated from crying, T_T.. That guild mark really hit me soo much feels ..

Jul 12, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2011
I was a little sad when Mirai Lucy died but not to the point of tears ... after all, it's not like the REAL Lucy is dead.

Mirai Rogue looked pretty badass, and like he's going to be tough to beat. I bet Natsu can do it, though, especially since in the PV he's using his Fire-Lightning Dragon Slayer magic. Also from the PV, it looks like the rest of the group is going to run off and let Natsu and Rogue have it out in the palace. It doesn't matter if it was one-armed future Lucy, you still killed Lucy right in front of Natsu ... and that's a BAD, BAD idea. You thought he was OP when he fought the 2-on-1 Dragon Slayer fight? Wait till Natsu gets pissed!
Jul 12, 2014 11:26 AM

May 2014
Future Rogue is here! And he kills future Lucy... But something is very odd. What happened with future Lucy's guild mark? Well she is kinda dead so who knows if we are gonna find out. But I don't feel like trusting her...

It's just a theory but,

Combining FT with time travel theories is kinda weird. But, yeah ... great episode.
Jul 12, 2014 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
It took a while but I feel that, with this episode, the new season is finally starting to resemble the old Fairy Tail again. I'm happy that they're finally picking up the pace a bit.
Jul 12, 2014 1:11 PM

Aug 2013
I like Future Rogue(: But he should've killed both of the Lucy's >:( Btw I think Yukino is the one who will shut down the portal I mean think about it, she's a celestial spirit magician, she disappeared when the future Lucy was here, and Lucy said she wouldn't close the portal right? So it's probably her but I'm still having trouble as to why she would close it...
Jul 12, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
Finally a good thing in this anime.. it's been quite a while. I admit this made me emotional, I didn't even bother with Future Lucy's death when reading the manga. I suppose the soundtrack and Rie Kumigiya's voice acting helped a lot.

A lot of the questions posted here will literally be answered next episode if they don't stall (lol). Now let's hope they animate the penultimate battle with the dragons nicely because I don't think I can stomach another half-assed animation with many things cut like Erza vs Kagura.
Jul 12, 2014 2:59 PM

Jan 2014
8/5 drama ep i had mabnly tears :)
Jul 12, 2014 3:14 PM

Jan 2014
i knew what would happen but happy filler scene was too cryng moment :))
Jul 12, 2014 4:16 PM

Dec 2011
This is the part of the Daimatou Enbu that I hate the most... future Rogue and the kingdom opening the gate. It is seriously a very naive plan in my perspective.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2014 4:41 PM

Oct 2008
Kaengel said:
Hey guys. Someone failed hard here :
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/51485593Oh.jpg

We're all clear about the fact future Lucy lost her right arm, as shortly shown in the first opening and some remarks of Natsu, it was clearer in the manga but still.
Seems like an animator got the good idea to draw Future's Lucy right hand here... It doesn't even last one second but when you notice it...

Spotted that one as well!! Got me really confused. Pretty bad mistake, because it really takes away from the following scene and makes it unclear.
Jul 12, 2014 5:03 PM

Apr 2008
Fiji said:
This is the part of the Daimatou Enbu that I hate the most... future Rogue and the kingdom opening the gate. It is seriously a very naive plan in my perspective.

Well to be Fair, Rogue knew how to make people believe his bullshit by predicting how the games would end
Jul 12, 2014 6:01 PM

Jul 2010
Future Rogue is really strong to be able to defeat tue Garou Knights that easily.
Future Lucy's death, protecting her present self for a future.
That was quite emotional T.T Having two Lucy was great... I wonder who actually closed the gate!
Jul 12, 2014 6:06 PM

Dec 2013
Oh, the feels! Damn you, Happy, why you have to bring the feels? Poor Future Lucy.

Judging from what Future Rogue was saying, apparently, during the 7 years between this time and his time he's become a brain dead retard. Destiny this, destiny that, your words mean nothing because of destiny. Geez, the present Rogue is smarter than that. OH, AND you killed a Lucy in front of Natsu, are you suicidal man?

Next episode we get the battle between the pissed off Natsu and Future Rogue, who I'm assuming is at least a little stronger than his present self. But, it's just not going to do him any good after what he did here.

As I said after the last episode, FT is finally getting epic again- it's living up to the original series now!
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 12, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2011
The plan Hisui has is naive, but given the threat that looms over the kingdom, and that it's not like she can simply wait to see how it turns out and then intervene..

There simply isn't much to base the decision on. And Future Rogue proved that he is from the future. They even mentioned that no one could guess an outcome like that, the only other thing would be being able to predict the future. Which is actually a bit of a weak point, given that Carla can do it (even when it's not that helpful usually), so the ability does exist.

The correct course of action would depend on the time frame they have to use Eclipse. Given enough time, they could find both Future Lucy and Future Rogue and try to clear up things, but seeing how fast the actual lunar eclipse does progress..

Besides that..given that Future Lucy was more or less just a preemptive backup (instead of Lucy time travelling just when she gets hit e.g. like Lisanna going to Edolas, Futue Lucy was already there and took the hit directly), the feels weren't that big this episode. The actual hit didn't make much of an impression, either.

Future Rogue is kinda funny though. On the one hand, he says it's destiny for Lucy to close the gate. On the other, he says he can prevent it by killing her. Who says he can kill her if she is destined to close it? Destiny usually includes things like time travel, thats why it's destiny- something that is out of the control of individuals and can not be prevented by any means - and not an ordinary decision that can be reversed. And if he can kill her, thereby overriding Destiny, why can he not simply knock her out, take her hostage, stall her..or convince her to not close it. He is convinced he can overcome Destiny, but only by killing her. Especially once he knows that Lucy time-travelled too, it seems stupid for him to assume that it would that way.
Jul 12, 2014 10:37 PM

Jul 2013
Yep, Kugimiya-san just slaped us in the face and said "cry, bitch"... AGAIN

Also I just noticed
Jul 13, 2014 4:59 AM

Apr 2009
The feels... I cry erytime.. :'(

10/10.. also just realized about her arm.. double feels :"(
Jul 13, 2014 6:20 AM

May 2014
i cried only a bit, couldn't resist
Jul 13, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2010
I got my Gajeel/ Juvia bro moments, I am satisfied now.

Man, the death scene was really touching and sad... Happy's speech... right in the feels.

10/10
Jul 13, 2014 4:13 PM
Jul 2013
That Happy's face made me cry, stupid Happy!
Natsu scary face..
Lucy, shinja dame!
Jul 13, 2014 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
Damn even if it's just future lucy that hit the feels pretty hard.
Jul 14, 2014 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
Lucy is dead :( that was sad.....
Rogue from future is a retard.Natsu face was scary,Natsu will destroy Rogue.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 14, 2014 11:26 AM

Jun 2012
I came for tits, I didnt sign up for this.
Jul 14, 2014 11:44 AM

Jan 2014
Damn, Natsu looks sick at the end of the episode.
Future Rogue, what's up with his hair?
Lucy died
Can't wait till next week, I'm all fired up!!!
Jul 15, 2014 8:01 PM
Mar 2014
Liked this episode, the dragons arc started excellent, the Future Rogue looks powerful (i hope that he doesnt get easily defeated). The only thing that i still dont like is the animation, but the other elements like the plot, sound effects, ost, backgrounds, are pretty good
Jul 16, 2014 6:35 AM
May 2014
Was it asnwered why the 10000 dragons are coming in the first place?

No blood. Imagine that. Oh wait a ilttle bit of blood on her face. Just some light shading though.

Following Stein's Gate logic, Lucy's death should be sealed that she will die in the future.
Jul 16, 2014 1:00 PM

Dec 2008
Holy crap! I thought the chapter in the manga was sad enough. I'm bawling so much ;___; I haven't been hit with feels like this in quite a while. I absolutely love the pissed off faces of the characters. Specially Natsu and Erza.

The animation is still iffy but oh well.
Jul 16, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
Oh. OOOOHHH now it makes sense, Lucy wasn't the one who talked to Hisui, there was another traveler from the future. And da feeeels... Shit, now I wanna see dat mad Natsu kick some future ass!
Jul 16, 2014 11:04 PM
Jul 2014
Yayy!! I was like so waiting for Future Rogue's appearance. Especially when he shot out that shadow at Lucy and it was in slow mo. One word:

EPIC!!

And her death was so sad especially when she asked to see her guild mark. But why is everyone saying her right arm got ripped off? I've read the manga and never saw it.

Oh,but yeah Natsu crying? I was SO waiting for that part to come! I felt like they could have put in better soundtracks,but maybe that's just me. I'll still give it an overall score of 7/5. It was just that awesome!
Midnight-CircusJul 16, 2014 11:09 PM
Jul 16, 2014 11:06 PM
Jul 2014
It's not the f
FireFairy said:
Future Rogue....
DAMN! Tears were shed very much.
Natsu cried..... Is it the first sime I saw it? :o

IT'S UP TO THEM! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE ITS SO SAD. :(((

It's not the first time they've showed him cry unless you haven't seen all the episodes of Fairy Tail.
Jul 16, 2014 11:12 PM
Jul 2014
adaw31 said:
It was a good episode except for a few things, 1. What was wrong with future lucy's right hand? They didnt show what was wrong with it so I was just super confused so I am just gonna suspect that future lucy doesnt have the fairy tail mark on it. 2. How did Jelal know that there was future lucy if he said the person he made contact with was a guy? I hope these answers are answered in the future episodes but other than that, it was a great episode with Natsu getting super pissed (is this the first time hes cried?)
No this isn't the first time he's cried. Why does everyone keep asking that?!! He cried during the fight with Hades. 2 times during that 1 fight!! Don't you guys remember?!! Geez, some Fairy Tail fans,I tell you.
Jul 18, 2014 6:50 PM

Jun 2014
Midnight-Circus said:
adaw31 said:
It was a good episode except for a few things, 1. What was wrong with future lucy's right hand? They didnt show what was wrong with it so I was just super confused so I am just gonna suspect that future lucy doesnt have the fairy tail mark on it. 2. How did Jelal know that there was future lucy if he said the person he made contact with was a guy? I hope these answers are answered in the future episodes but other than that, it was a great episode with Natsu getting super pissed (is this the first time hes cried?)
No this isn't the first time he's cried. Why does everyone keep asking that?!! He cried during the fight with Hades. 2 times during that 1 fight!! Don't you guys remember?!! Geez, some Fairy Tail fans,I tell you.

IIRC, he cried during Gilsarts vs Natsu(the whole fear is not bad shtick) and Hades vs FT(on the airship during the "earth demons" part)
Jul 19, 2014 2:48 PM

Jul 2013
WOAH. someone actually died in fairy tail.

& it was only kind of sad, but when Happy started crying I couldn't help crying too.

She lost her arm?!
"Komugi, are you there?"

Jul 20, 2014 9:07 AM
Dec 2013
RIP FUTURE LUCY, bawled my eyes out and seeing Natsu cry with that laser eye was fucking awesome, need a deviantart for that. Loved this episode. The feels and Happys speech.

Lucys right hand gone.
Jul 20, 2014 8:32 PM

Feb 2013
Hmm Future Lucy's Death was OK i didn't Entirely expect it due to the Lack of death in FT but it was still decently Emotional. Also it appears i was Correct with Future rogue although why he's attempts to make himself sound like the good guy is rather Pointless.
And the Lightning Dragon is still something i'm "Meh" about its an OK concept of the Dragon Slayers being able to absorb other elements but it Kinda Makes it feel like that's just their For some "asspulls" in fights but it still is an interesting Concept nonetheless.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Jul 21, 2014 9:19 AM

Aug 2013
FireFairy said:
Future Rogue....
DAMN! Tears were shed very much.
Natsu cried..... Is it the first sime I saw it? :o

IT'S UP TO THEM! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE ITS SO SAD. :(((

Actually for me the 1st time Natsu cry was when his fighting with Gildarts in Tenroujima Arc.

Poor Future Lucy. You'll regret this soon enough future Rouge.
Jul 22, 2014 3:08 PM

Jan 2014
Damn you future Rouge!
Poor Lucy's. That was so sad.
Happy and Natsu cried. Happy cried. I cried too. (;-;)
Jul 23, 2014 11:20 PM

Jul 2014
uwaahhh.. Rogue come from the future. Lucy closed the portal. Lucy from the future died. Natsu crying while saying the sweetest thing. And i'm just like gaahhhh.. I'm not crying. i swear. Awesome episode.
I still want to know more about Lucy and Levy's life in the future though. I wonder if it will got answered.
apsea05Jul 23, 2014 11:49 PM
Google first, ask later
Jul 27, 2014 5:22 AM

Feb 2009
Happy crying was the saddest thing ever. My compliments for the voice actor.
Aug 14, 2014 8:04 PM

Jan 2011
Minagatachi said:
Thank god those shitty executioners are out of the picture.

^ this
Oct 12, 2014 3:32 PM

Mar 2010
Future Lucy wouldn't really fit in anyways, it had a good mysterious vibe to it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 15, 2014 3:24 AM

Feb 2014
I wonder how many times each of the characters would have died so far in the series if everyone went down as easy as Future Lucy.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Oct 19, 2014 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
Stitches327 said:
It was all fine and dandy until Happy started crying, then came in the feels.

So true, I can't stand Happy crying, I have to join him :(

Episode was fine, but all that future-stuff is kinda annoying. I dislike it in most other series and I also dislike it here, it's just too complex to be handled well. I hope Future Rogue disappears soon too so I don't have to think about that stuff all the time >.<
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.