Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 21 22 [23]
Jul 26, 2019 2:09 PM
Apr 2016
Dropped this years ago, time to actually sit through this crap. Well, seems like Kirito's getting involved with virtual reality game-thingy again. Ouch.
Aug 29, 2019 9:50 PM

Aug 2017
And the second season starts with the return of the death game mechanism. Nice. It was really cute to see Kirito and Asuna happy together in real life.

Really good first episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 18, 2020 4:51 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Interesting episode, although, I don't know how to feel about the whole gun thing.
Nov 18, 2020 4:55 PM

Aug 2019
I thought this arc started off on a pretty interesting note. Great information dump episode and it looks like this sniper girl might be a main character of this arc. Great start, let's see if they can keep it up!
Sep 2, 2021 10:50 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh. Seriously, the motivation to actually play GGO makes no sense. This dude almost died, his girl was almost raped and brainwashed, and now some dude wants him to play this game where people can DIE for real. I get that it's a show so stuff has to keep going on, but why would he ever play again? Seriously none of the people from SAO would ever play a game, or at least a lot of them would be forever traumatized. Also what happened with him "Beating all 100 floors"? He got the Seed, and now he's going to play ANOTHER game? It's so stupid, why did they even set that up. I guess maybe we'll see, but him playing again with his life on the line seems so stupid, I really think he should have been in SAO the whole time and they got out at the end instead of jumping from game to game to game.
Sep 4, 2021 4:05 PM
Jun 2019
DKDiabloLicht said:
Ugh. Seriously, the motivation to actually play GGO makes no sense. This dude almost died, his girl was almost raped and brainwashed, and now some dude wants him to play this game where people can DIE for real. I get that it's a show so stuff has to keep going on, but why would he ever play again? Seriously none of the people from SAO would ever play a game, or at least a lot of them would be forever traumatized. Also what happened with him "Beating all 100 floors"? He got the Seed, and now he's going to play ANOTHER game? It's so stupid, why did they even set that up. I guess maybe we'll see, but him playing again with his life on the line seems so stupid, I really think he should have been in SAO the whole time and they got out at the end instead of jumping from game to game to game.

He's getting paid big bucks for doing the mission and he owes the dude a favor.
The Amusphere is incapable of killing anyone anyway, so his life isn't actually in any danger in the game atleast.

As to why these people are still playing the game, bruv, by the time 2 years had passed by in SAO, most of the players had grown accustomed to living in there. They pretty much enjoyed their life there. The only ones risking their lives were the assault team. Now that there is no threat of death, they can experience it again safely. And yes, while some of them were traumatized, you gotta understand, it's still something they love. Like for examples, hikers get hurt all the time trekking, but they love it enough to get back on that horse again when they're fit again.

And if you want a full SAO series, there's SAO Progressive. Novels are already out, with a movie coming soon.
Apr 24, 2022 7:18 AM
Apr 2022
This episode ahh love it this arc is my favorite it's sword art online but with guns

and yes theirs my favorite waifu their because look she's flat and I love it

9.8/10 it was great episode
Apr 29, 2022 7:46 AM

Jun 2020
Is this a date episode with Asuna anyways I'll take it anytime

So GGO is the new game that's popular after the two MMO games, Yet again connected with death how many people gotta die before they stop playing god damn death games

Interesting if the company behind GGO doesn't cooperate with the police regarding this matter.
Oct 24, 2022 12:27 PM

Mar 2019
Interesting first episode, I like it. I also like the Gun Gale Online idea and the mystery. Seems like the Seed is very popular, although it's weird considering Kirito was the one that activated it so basically he's the creator of all this together with Agil, but we're not seeing anything about that.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Mar 8, 2023 1:48 PM
Oct 2017
lol the most uninspiring piece of poop ive ever seen..... don't understand why peopke waste their time watching this non sensical piece of animation
May 15, 2023 6:09 PM

Dec 2012
Couldn't resist the urge to watch this again after playing through Fatal Bullet. I have a much better appreciation for the GGO game mechanics now.
Jul 3, 2023 11:43 PM
Jun 2019
Wow, how long has it been since I've watched SAO.

I wonder how I'll perceive it now since I watched SO many different anime after finishing season 1 a lot time ago. Though for a first episode, it was great. It still had the love I had for SAO all those years ago. Though I'm not sure about the logistics behind the Death Gun.

Seing Asuna and Kirito together was prak for me.

Anyway, this was a nice episode, I'll biasedly give it a 9/10.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 15, 2023 12:14 PM

Aug 2019

ass
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2023 8:21 AM

Nov 2023
gaddamn what a first anime episode this one was
Pages (23) « First ... « 21 22 [23]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.