Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 29, 2014 2:19 PM

Jun 2014
Lol at Kazumi being alive at the end.
Jun 29, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2008
I thought the medic chick has melted after saving Murakami, and they stated that she can regenerate unless she melts awy like a candle. Oh well, whatever. In the begining someone mentioned Kana "could move if she really wanted to" so no surprise there. I also felt the end really rushed, but it was an okay series i suppose. 7/10.
Jun 29, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2011
Sure, KO Ryouta so he can't be harmed by the enemy, good job, like his smarts wouldn't be of any help lol.

Poor Kotori T.T

So Neko is Mako's little sister huh, that's why they looked alike and it seems Kazumi is missing some blood...

Ok, so Rena's "back" to say so and asks Ryouta to stop her big brother, who's that Chisato guy.

Damn, looks like Kazumi was cut in half and Ryouta's uncle probably found the way to make those pills...

So Kana was asking someone to push the button on her harnest, I guess that's Hatsuna considering how the shadow was shaped.

Dat flying kick looool

Aha, so now Kana lost her forecast ability in exchange for being able to move.

Holy crap... Kuroneko's/Kuroha's power level is over 9000!!!!

Neko vs Mako! lol

Hmmm, Chisato protected Mako O.o

Antimatter vs Micro Black Hole! dem terms!

Dat kiss!

The rushed episode!

Let me guess... She lost all of her memories because of her attack, right? Damn, I'm really good, got it right again >.>

Ok... Hatsuna is alive as I thought, but how come Kazumi is also alive and Kana is once again in a wheelchair lol?

Rushed episode, rushed everything lol...
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 29, 2014 2:49 PM

Aug 2012
Well let's just pretend these last three episodes didn't happen and get back to the manga.
Jun 29, 2014 2:51 PM

Mar 2013
You know, this show was pretty good... when you compare it to the shit that was aired this season.

First of all, the show never had the potential to be great, when the producers have to condense over 100 chapters of the manga into 13 episodes.

Second, if this anime was compared to the brilliant shows produced in 2005-2006, it would be complete and utter crap.

I wish we could just go back to the time when anime such as Code Geass and Death Note were being produced, not this crap.

Overall, good series for this season, but crap in comparison to Elfen Lied and the shows produced back in the day.

7/10
Jun 29, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2014
Dat fly kick tho.
On a serious note, this has got to be the worst ending I've ever seen.
Jun 29, 2014 3:00 PM

Jun 2009
So they kill off Kazumi in a totally offhand way, then bring her back with no real explanation.

Awful stuff.

Jun 29, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2013
I don't even...

I'm just going to go read the manga now...

Jun 29, 2014 3:04 PM

Feb 2014
As someone who hasn't seen Elfen Lied I must ask, is it as bad as this one?
Jun 29, 2014 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
wtf at the end Kazumi was cut in 2 now shes fine, Hatsuna Wakabayashi healing isnt that good

i guess duct tape fixes everything
Jun 29, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2013
this was always getting worse since the very beginning
the concept is really interesting and it has huge pottencial, however this was so badly executed that i can't even know where to start... i won't write a long text, i'll leave that for more dedicated/informed people.
all i wanna say is that there were a lot of stuff left unexplained and that shit is just unacceptable in a show that wants to be taken serious
7/10 overall
Jun 29, 2014 3:13 PM

Sep 2012
it's finally over

good god that was a terrible show in every single aspect, beginning to end. even the voice actors weren't trying.
Jun 29, 2014 3:16 PM

Apr 2011
[quote=Stark700]

Oh poor Chisato. I almost feel sorry for him when he used himself as a human shield. /quote]

Why would you give 2 fucks about that guy? this guy is so full of himself its unreal.

I'm more upset that Kotori doesn't come back, and yet Hatsuna is still alive. Srly? WTF!!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jun 29, 2014 3:16 PM
Jul 2009
It just feels like the production committee never had a whole lot of confidence behind this adaptation. They must have felt forced to condense everything into 13 episodes though I've never seen a studio actually decide to cram 100+ chapters. Even if this was a 2-cour show, I don't think it would sell enough DVD/BR to give the production committee incentive to go all out.

As someone who started to watch the anime before getting into the manga half way or so, it intrigued me enough to keep going. Otherwise, yeah, it's an awful adaptation. But you guys can't possibly be acting like this is the first time manga adaptations get snubbed on such a level.
Jun 29, 2014 3:21 PM

Apr 2010
That was 13 episodes worth of time that I will never get back.
Jun 29, 2014 3:24 PM

Feb 2014
A wise man once said: "People die when they are killed"
today, Gokukoku no Brynhildr comes to prove that this saying is dead wrong (pun intended) !
that last scene tho ... people magically coming back to life 'n shit lol xD

this anime was swinging between above average and good since the beginning, but with this rushed as hell ending I can't give it any more than 6/10 and not feel guilty about it .

I have to say that I liked the diversity of this show and how it gave us something unique, and no I am not talking about the dark atmosphere or the gore ... I am talking about Kazumi and her straight-forwardness with what she wants, and the different reactions of all the witches to the fact that they're gonna die soon. (even thought they don't in the end ... SHOCK -.- ).

again, the ending is RUSHED but it wasn't a bad show nevertheless.
6/10 from me.
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Jun 29, 2014 3:29 PM

Feb 2014
LOL at the ones who were wearing the priest/nun clothing (sorry, I completely forgot who they were) But at first they lost all hope and just prayed to God, once kotori died they instantly had a change of heart realizing they could actually do something and "save the world".
Jun 29, 2014 3:40 PM

Oct 2013
Actually, I think this episode was a pretty solid adaption... until the end. It was so derpy when Kana showed up like that; her sudden appearance has MUCH more impact in the manga, and it's so much cooler as well. Around that point, everything was rushed to hell and the episode kind of went sour. If there was even 2 more episodes, this would've been an almost perfect adaption of the manga. One episode to better explore the Kazumi vs Freya scene (one of the greatest scenes in the manga, which was barely even paid attention to in episode 12), and one episode to show Neko vs Mako in all its glory. That would have been perfect, and the last two episodes wouldn't have felt NEARLY as rushed.

Overall, though, this episode was better than episode 12 at rushing through it, at least. And the few changes it made were actually really good, such as Kazumi's death scene. I was actually tearing up there, convinced the anime was going to totally kill Kazumi off. To be honest, I find it kind of cheap that she suddenly shows up in the credits. She's my favorite character, but at least she's still alive in the manga and... I dunno, leaving her dead would've added some real emotion to the series to make up for the terrible pacing of these last two episodes.

It also ended fairly open to leave room for a second season once the manga is far enough into it, it looks like.

I thought the anime was fantastic except for the terrible pacing of the last two episodes, so I guess I'll leave it at 8/10 for now. And frankly, if I hadn't begun reading the manga after episode 11, I probably would've enjoyed these last two episodes a lot as well.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 29, 2014 3:41 PM

Dec 2011
Argh. The final episode is badly written. Sheesh. If this anime did get the two-cour treatment, this would have been really good.

Hate that the anime series ended this way, but I do still love the franchise.

Ignoring the Valkyria arc that was rushed and crammed, it still is the best anime of the season for me. I'll just forget this arc in the anime.
FijiJun 29, 2014 3:48 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2014 3:45 PM

Jan 2011
SirusRiddler said:
It just feels like the production committee never had a whole lot of confidence behind this adaptation. They must have felt forced to condense everything into 13 episodes though I've never seen a studio actually decide to cram 100+ chapters. Even if this was a 2-cour show, I don't think it would sell enough DVD/BR to give the production committee incentive to go all out.

A few years ago and I think you'd have a stronger argument. It seems that production decisions are now being driven by a more integrated approach, and the impact of the anime on LN and Manga sales counts for at least as much as the BD/DVD sales. So in one sense, this show might be a success--it's driving a lot of us to the manga, because we can see the wasted potential in this adaptation.

This is one of the few shows where I've felt tempted to let manga spoilers slide simply because they were the only way to understand what was going on. Kazumi is saved by Hatsuna, who had recovered from her own near death. That's why you can see Kazumi in the post credit sequence.

It wasn't the worst show ever made, pay no attention to the chorus of haters that descend on the final episode discussion. Currently the median rating is an 8. That might slip somewhat as this was not a strong final episode, but the median score will remain a 7 or an 8 regardless, and the (relatively meaningless) mean will be somewhere in the mid-sevens. I think that speaks to the quality of the source material rather than the adaptation.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 29, 2014 3:51 PM

Mar 2014
rsc-pl said:
Kerozinn said:
by far one of the worst shows this season that i have watched. 4/10

You are kidding me right? Shits like NGNL or Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou gets high notes as hell for their stupidity, but interesting series like Gokukoku no Brynhildr or Mekakucity Actors are hated, I don't get you people.

9/10

Interesting doesn't necessarily mean good. Kawaisou is a good series in it`s own right, but Brinhyldr is filled with Deus ex-Machinas, annoying characters and plot holes.
Mekaku city Actors also has it`s big amount of problems. I will agree with Kerozinn here: 4/10.
This show can`t have a 9/10 as long as this ending exist, and that's ignoring it`s other problems.
Jun 29, 2014 3:54 PM
Oct 2013
Horrible. For me the most disappointing series this season - I expected a lot.
Jun 29, 2014 3:59 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not reading the manga but I feel they need to explain some stuff like how Kazumi is alive. I guess I'll just read the manga.

Kuroneko and Murakami kiss scene. Feel bad about Murakami but still it is good that all of them except Kotori survived.

Didn't expect Chisato to do that. I guess his feelings changed in the end after all.

Glad to see that Hatsuna is still alive. I still need to know how they are alive.

So I guess the professor already made the pill in the end? I wonder what will happen to that alien thing. It looks like it grew a lot . Maybe it is the one Chisato is talking about. The new race.
Jun 29, 2014 4:10 PM

Mar 2013
Some people wish there were a 2nd season, some others don't. Is there enough material to make a 2nd season, manga readers?
Jun 29, 2014 4:31 PM
Aug 2012
The ending was absolutely horrible...
Jun 29, 2014 4:35 PM

Apr 2013
Well I'm glad valkyria and that bastard chisato are dead. I will go read the manga now.
Jun 29, 2014 4:45 PM
Aug 2013
Holy shit this show was BAAAAD. Seriously. I can't understand how I lasted through all the 13 episodes. I knew this show would be bad. NOT THIS FUCKING BAD.

2/10 for me. Holy motherfuck...
Jun 29, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2009
We've reached..... LUDICROUS SPEED!!

No srsly that was rushed as fuck. Read the mango
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 29, 2014 5:40 PM

Jun 2010
lol ppl this is one the best ep for the series :P
this seiries is either u like it or dislike it
overall 7/10.
Jun 29, 2014 5:43 PM

Apr 2013
I've wittnessed a butchery , I hope it is my last one.
It is entertaining but ........ anything is entertaining when you are bored as hell.
I dont know how to rate it.......if I take in consideration that I know how this should have been it should be at most a 3/10........based on entertainment maybe a 7 or 8........so a 5 or 6 shall it be.
I really hope they will fill the wholes they have created by rushing it........I liked how it was going in the first 3 or 4 episodes but then.........the butchery has began.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jun 29, 2014 5:49 PM
Apr 2014
The ending was way too different from the manga. I wouldn't say that the anime ending ruined the series, but I preferred the manga ending over this one.
Jun 29, 2014 5:51 PM

Apr 2012
I am confused because of Kazumi alive at the credits but I am glad. I guess I would have lowered my score if everyone died but so it's ok and I'm thinking about start reading the manga :o
Jun 29, 2014 5:58 PM

Mar 2014
....I still think the OP is awesome as ballz,
this was a good show, at least one of the better shows this season.....gg.