Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 25, 2014 3:00 AM

Jun 2014
so cool!

the transformations are lol
i like Takeru, Thor, and Hades' transformation
Hades with thorny crown --> like Jesus(?)
Loki's transformation...kinda dissapointing. He almost naked after rescuing Baldr.

Thoth with his signature style! and it's on the right time.
Anubis... I hoped he get some important role but....nah

The ending was pretty good. It's kinda predictable that Yui will meet the Gods again, but i didn't expect it to be that way!

This reverse-harem anime is better than diabolik lover and brothers conflict. they focused on the story of each characters, not only romance.

so i'm going to give the overall 8/10

season 2 kinda nice too :)
♪ Do re mi fa pupupu, waa~~ ♪
Jun 26, 2014 10:23 AM

Jun 2008
Lol those transformation scenes x)
And Di-Di's.. wine throwing power XD

Stupid ending. I mean why would they come to the human world? Just because the producers was desperate for a happy ending?
But then again, i hope that the OVA will be about them in the human world, and doing something similar to hataraku maou sama with the guys not understanding how the human world works x)
Jun 27, 2014 7:41 PM
Jan 2013
the only good thing this anime had was Apollon abs
5/10
Jul 1, 2014 8:55 PM

May 2008
Hm, not sure how I feel about the ending. I mean, I guess I'm glad that it was a happy one, but at the same time, it would have been great if it ended with the sad note. Not that I'm a sadist, but it would have been a fresh, unexpected end, and maybe an opening for season 2? >.> <.< *prays*

But the only thing I had been wishing for in the entire episode was for Yui to use that sword necklace to save the day instead of just being shipped around by pretty men.

Oh well. Still better than some other reverse harems out there.
Jul 2, 2014 6:35 AM

Nov 2012
Laciie said:
-- this entire anime (including the ending) was so much fun. Not ashamed to say I teared up a bit this (and last) episode. 7/10 best reverse harem anime I've seen so far besides maybe UtaPri ;__;

Oh my, you described my feelings so well! :D
I gave 7/10 too.
Jul 2, 2014 7:31 PM

May 2012
omg i cant see through my tears
10/10!
This was totally unexpected,
I didn't know I would get so emotional over a reverse harem anime but I did and wow, it's very well done.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Jul 8, 2014 5:04 PM

Apr 2014
Damn, this show was a lot of fun. I'm trying to think of a better otome adaptation/reverse harem and I don't think I can. Hanasakeru Seishounen comes close but the characters there are a lot less lovable, the plot a bit 80's in drama factor.

Probably a lot of the plus in KnA is how little it takes itself seriously but how earnest it is when it does. It's a lot like Apollon. I like Apollon. Dumb but sweet for me. ♥

Oh, and Yui! We need more Yui in our lives. A sweet girl but one with principles and boundaries! And ideas! Like real-life humans have. (Based Brains Base)

And more Thoth x Wall OTP action. Thank you, show, for this gag gift to mankind.

In conclusion: Mahou Shounen. ☆ 8/10 ☆
currycurryJul 8, 2014 5:08 PM
Jul 10, 2014 10:19 PM

Apr 2010
at first when reading the plot of this anime, i was really excited. but while watching it, it didn't have much action and really no meaning to it. basically, it's too common and simple.
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Jul 19, 2014 9:01 AM

Dec 2008
Not bad! Not bad at all!

Everyone looked great in their god forms, except for Loki. Loki looked like he was ready for some S
Jul 25, 2014 9:56 PM

Jul 2014
it was a good show, kinda cheesy but fun
Jul 25, 2014 10:57 PM

May 2008
I can't believe I sat through this.
Aug 4, 2014 5:09 PM

Jun 2011
Despite faults of the series that don't sit well with me, I'll have to say the series is worth watching. I would've liked it more if they didn't just reappeared at the end for a happier ending. It felt a little rushed too with the "garden" collapsing and transporting Yui back to her own world. Yui's character could've been much better, and the series could have had better conclusion. Oh, and it did seem like Yui favours Apollon a little more, and the staffs.
currycurry said:
Damn, this show was a lot of fun. I'm trying to think of a better otome adaptation/reverse harem and I don't think I can. Hanasakeru Seishounen comes close but the characters there are a lot less lovable, the plot a bit 80's in drama factor.

Personally preferred Hanasakeru Seishounen much much more.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 4, 2014 6:29 PM

Apr 2014
ToG25thBaam said:
currycurry said:

Personally preferred Hanasakeru Seishounen much much more.

As you say, personal preference. :P

I think I would have liked HS better if it was 6-12 episodes shorter -- it gets a bit longwinded sometimes and there isn't enough comedy to break up the high drama. Still good, though.
Aug 31, 2014 11:11 AM

Jul 2008
Apollon was a bit too retarded with his "Fairy" spam that he did the whole series, cant really bring myself to like him same with Balder other then that good show
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Sep 13, 2014 10:34 AM

Aug 2007
Apollon looked so yummy when transformed but Hades was my favourite character.

I didn't dislike anyone, I enjoyed it 6/10.
Jun 6, 2015 11:48 AM

Jun 2010
mangacynic said:
Best part of episode 12:

That was the cutest! I wished to know more about Thoth. :(
the ending was crappy. I really wanted to see more and have happier end. Even tho they were together.

Apollon was sexy when he transformed omgggggg. I wished to see Hades in a creepy outfit, haha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2015 7:56 AM

Feb 2015
It was a good show. I wouldn't mind watching a second season...
Jul 2, 2015 10:04 AM

Jun 2013
So many things to say! Lovely last episode. Liked how Thoth protected her, how powerful the bonds of friendship were shown, how hot they looked in their God forms and how feelings aren't lost when a friend leaves. Glad to know they came back to her. I had been crying a small tear with Yui as she progressed through her own life without them, to be than surprised by their presence once more. :)
"Masturbation."

---The End.
Jan 4, 2016 9:26 PM

Dec 2015
I had no idea that a reverse harem could get me so emotional! I was filled with emotions and so excited through out the final episode. It's very rare for me to cry and be excited enough to squeal :D It was so surprising. I really lived through it all and that was amazing..
Amazing OST in my opinion! Went brilliantly with the anime!
Do I even have to say anything about the transformations? I am surprised that I didn't pass out. I was too excited, trembling with excitement even. This never happens :D
I was so sad in the end and thought that it was going to end like that. But after tearing up I got to smile again as they all reunited... Such a sweet ending, I hope it means we get a second season. Got attached to all of them with these 12 episodes. They're all great in their own ways!

Just would like to mention that I loved Tsukito's voice in the OP and especially in the ED! It's just so good and sooo beautiful!

Thoth ;_; You... just saved Yui like that.. so sweet!
I am going to miss this anime so much! And the OP and ED were great!!! I'm addicted...
The best reverse anime I've seen!! And I doubt any I'll see in the future will surpass it. I do like UtaPri a lot, but this is just something else... I'll go before emotions start to control me again...

And the way Loki conveniently lost his costume's upper body part xD I was like ''wait, didn't he have that before?... Meh, not complaining either way tho..''
jinxiecanMar 6, 2016 3:43 AM
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
Feb 27, 2016 9:04 AM

Nov 2015
It's such a waste that we didn't get any episode with Dionysus:"(

Mar 14, 2016 7:31 AM
Dec 2012
Why is this labeled a romance? I thought she'd end up with one of them. Unfair! And disappointing. I doubt it but maybe in the manga its different..? Just lost one point with that ending.
Apr 21, 2016 2:03 AM
Apr 2016
I really enjoyed this anime, hence why I re-watch it quite frequently ^^ My only qualm with it is that it is far too rushed an ending and most definitely could do with a second season, focusing on the backstory on some of the other remaining gods, and I would have loved to see more Thoth ;) ^^
May 12, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2014
Anubis not really doing anything in the end. lol I still wonder why they even had Kaji Yuki of all people be the VA for him and not someone less popular seeing as Anubis didn't really have any lines xD

Anyway... for a reverse harem, I enjoyed this anime. I liked the relationships everyone developed together and grateful the heroine didn't turn out to be annoying like others in other reverse harem animes *cough*Diabolik Lovers*cough*Amnesia*cough*

As for the ending... I'm always rooting for a happy ending despite how far-fetched it'll be but this one did make me go "Huh?" as to how they all ended up together in the human world without any issues. lol It just went too well and too fast I guess. Also wish there was a scene where Yui actually chose one of the guys (Apollon of course! Though I'm a Hades and Loki fan lol) but there wasn't which was a little disappointing but oh well.

Still enjoyed this though. Gonna miss seeing these guys~
IvyMay 12, 2016 1:05 PM
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 23, 2016 9:42 AM

May 2013
Aw what a cute anime ^-^ It was obv they were gonna come join her at Earth haha. Now they can have more adventures! :D

I ship Yui with Takeru the most hehe
Jun 14, 2016 3:43 AM

Feb 2013
Beautiful ending, everything ended well!
Jul 11, 2016 10:29 PM
Oct 2014
YAY! All the Gods came back!

Still slightly bothered by how some (if not most) actually have wives in their mythology, but I try not to care.

I try to shake it off like Marvel's Thor, but it always comes back to me scratching me at the back of my head...
Aug 25, 2016 2:19 AM

Mar 2015
OP Song: 3.5/5

Fight was okay...nothing special.

The ending should be better if Yui cant meet them forever imo. That way it will be sad ending. I love negative ending too as well as good ending.

If I were girl, I chose no one in the end.

ED Song: 2.75/5

3/5

Overall: 6/10
Sep 9, 2016 6:11 PM
Jun 2016
Finally an anime that ended right!
Dec 26, 2016 7:20 PM
Dec 2016
I have never cried this much for an anime ending ...... I cried more than "You're a lie in April" Sorry guys, but I did. But I kinda don't want a season two. I mean I wouldn't mind if there was one (\^o^/) but I absolutely LOVE how it ended. Btw daaaaaaaammn Loki, ApolloN (It's 'Apollo isn't it) you lookin' fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine.
Aug 6, 2017 5:49 PM
Mar 2016
i had to hold back tears when they were all shipping yui back to her world. i wouldve been sooo sad to leave them without a proper goodbye. but im glad she saw them again
Oct 10, 2018 4:24 PM
Sep 2018
It was kind of a predictable ending even though it was sad, it summed up the anime really. Solid 7/10
Jan 26, 2019 10:58 AM

Jun 2015
Wow that was a long way to come. I grew from regretting starting this anime to adoring it. It was fun and all of the characters were lovable.

I was a bit irritated that the only character that is my type in design was Balder but the personality was totally not my type. When I first saw Hades I thought I can like him if he was a bit nicer. I knew him better and he turned out to be really nice and guess what! He is totally my type in his God form not to mention he is voiced by my favorite seiyuu. Hades is so precious. They are all so precious.

I wish Dionysios had more screen time. That juice song was funny

Couldn't they make Apollo look more Greek?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 9, 2019 7:56 PM

Apr 2009
i bet that moment,
was what Thot had been training for,
all this time _xD

-would be fun with a second season or OVA where they "focus less"on learning to understand human and more on the guys competing against each other for Yui,
i kept cheering for Tsukito and Hades

and reading my reply, i'm reminded, what Thot means in modern slang -_-'
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Aug 13, 2020 3:47 AM

Oct 2009
The real princess is Balder. Everyone's chain broke because of him XD

Kinda enjoy the conclusion. When Yui cried because she thought couldn't see them again. Then ta-da! they appeared in front of her again. and.. happily ever after~
pretty cheesy but yes i likey cheesy things hahaha
Mar 12, 4:04 AM

Jun 2021
I never expected to like a reverse harem plot as much as I did. Ending was good too, characters had growth, no unnecessary fanservice (just enough to not annoy anyone). Overall a good watch for 12 eps
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2014

164 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 11, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

48 by helennaaj »»
Sep 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Poll: » Who Is Your Favorite Character?

TragicRomance - Jun 20, 2014

18 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:24 PM

» Kamigami No Asobi Season 2 ??

KazukiMakoto - Sep 23, 2014

21 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:14 PM

» Anime like Kamigami no asobi

Dingdoong - Jun 24, 2022

2 by SherlyCat25 »»
Jun 24, 2022 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.