Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2014 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well damn, Tohka's new weapon is pretty badass.

The finale felt rushed...but I liked the way Tohka fought. The DEM sucks. We also get more Miku back story again and she kinda reforms. They basically tried to fit everything into this finale. The action was okay I guess and seeing all the spirits altogether.
Jun 13, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2013
And that's a wrap of the season. So Dark Tohka appears and talking to her is futile. Her attacks are pretty powerful, even Shido and Miku can't withstand her attacks.

Tohka redeeming herself from her actions but to no avail. But a simple kiss in her is to turn her back to normal. Nice job Shido you got her back :D. Though her dark form is short lived tbh just for the last episode. Now Miku sealed her powers inside of Shido, guess she is not afraid of people anymore.

I'm pretty satisfied with the ending despite it's rushing consistency. Miku's live performance was pretty good. 7/10

Jun 13, 2014 10:03 AM

Nov 2011
Jun 13, 2014 11:15 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty meh season tbh. I enjoyed the first season more because of Kurumi. Only get a few eps with Kurumi and it was somewhat lackluster. I'll give this a generous 4.5/10.
Jun 13, 2014 11:19 AM

Apr 2011
Shaky season finally ends. My biggest gripe was the animation was just so sub par everywhere. Not what was expected. But hey what can you do. This episode was pretty good, but felt a wee bit rushed. Inverse Tohka is as incredible as I'd hoped she'd be. There is still so much left. But if they end here and I suspect the movie will be the ending point, I won't be surprised.
Jun 13, 2014 11:21 AM

Feb 2009
Eh, the part where Shido used Zadkiel's ice power wasn't as amazing as the LN illustration or even the PV at the end of season 1. Not enough ice, too dark and too little of Shido's badass pose. Also, QUALITY even in the last episode.
Eh, I got to see Miku's dere side plus dem Mikus.
And lol movie. It's definitely the next arc after this, volume 8 and volume 9. They're really trying to milk this franchise dry huh. More Miku is fine with me I guess. Plus the new spirit will be fun to watch.
Season overall was kinda dry because of the 10 episode length and the QUALITY. It was fun while it lasted. Full versions of the last song and the song in episode 6 when?
Jun 13, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2012
I would've enjoyed this season a lot better than the first if it weren't for the nonexistent budget and the filler.

4/10
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Jun 13, 2014 11:48 AM
Oct 2012
movie version coming soon? what's that all about?
Jun 13, 2014 11:52 AM

Jul 2012
this season was ok but i wish it had more then 10 ep tho like the first season
Jun 13, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2011
Aw. I wished this season had dealt more with Kurumi.

In the end, Miku fell in love with Shido too...

And we are getting a movie!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2014 12:06 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, Dark Tohka is so much cooler, Kurumi did a really nice job at backing shidou up for such a long time. Too bad there wasn't any Kotori spirit action that would have been pretty cool and once again Miku's voice is really beautiful 7/10
Jun 13, 2014 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
That was a good finish, kinda expected something like that would happen.
Dark Tohka is super strong. It was funny at the end there with Miku calling Shido Darling.
Movie has been announced as well so i will look forward to that in the future as well as the Encore OVA coming in December.
Jun 13, 2014 12:14 PM

Oct 2010
Kurumi was the only good thing about this show. I rather they do a spin off and let her get her own show. She the only Spirit with common sense and know when to act. I do wonder who she is looking for. I'm trying to figure out where that hack wizard get all her powers.
Jun 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Apr 2014
Damn it... It really felt rushed... I was like.
Oh that's Tohka , she's really bad ass when on her inversion "The Demon King" mode then after few slice and dice on Shido... She remembers him then What? It all ends already?... Anyway at least Tohka was back into her sweet lively mood... So I'll be contented with that.

And I was looking forward for the Movie version (Maybe including the S1 and S2 then the ending)... I just don't know when or what was the contents.

I'll rate this entire Season (II) 6/10...Since the first Season was better because it was made by AIC+ Studio and it's longer than this current Season...
[/SPOILER]And Why the fuck AIC Studio was giving out a lot of production to other Studios/Companies? Damn it![/SPOILER]
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 13, 2014 12:23 PM

May 2013
Good to know that there is going to be a movie coming out. It was an okay final episode. Miku acting all cute again. Lol Shido has some explaining to do.
Jun 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty rushed, but after all, they did have only 10 episodes. I enjoyed this season anyway, and yay, a movie has been announced! Also, that was a sweet song at the end - I don't always enjoy the squeaky bubblegum type vocals, but that was lovely.
Jun 13, 2014 12:28 PM
Jan 2014
Jessica is finally dead, about time.
Paverschlev's power is insane. I can't believe that there were no casualties from that blast.
I don't mind Miku anymore, she finally came to her senses.
Miku's ending performance was nice.
Shidou got in a awkward situation again.
I guess the end was not too bad.
I wish that Kurumi and Yoshino got a bit more screen time, but oh well.
Looking forward to the Encore OVA and the movie.
Jun 13, 2014 12:30 PM

Nov 2012
Exactly what I expected this to be 5/10.

Dark Tohka looked awesome though,wish we had seen more of her.

Miku's singing was nice.

Movie announced,not to excited about that.
VanishingKiraJun 13, 2014 12:59 PM
Jun 13, 2014 12:33 PM
Dec 2012
This season ended quicker than I expected...I prefer the first season over the second one. Though I still enjoyed it all the same in the end and looking forward hopefully to a season 3!
Jun 13, 2014 12:35 PM

Oct 2010
It's over yay! Only ep7,8 were good lel. 6/10 wouldn't watch it again :P
Jun 13, 2014 12:41 PM

Apr 2012
the day was saved via a kiss n he managed 2 survive after been caught with another girl who was naked alone in a room
that lucky mother....

hope there will be another season n looking forward 2 the movie n ovas
Jun 13, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2014
SEASON 3 NOW!!!!!!!! Another girl added to the harem Check. Such a good show, though I wanted to see more of the Berserker twins and Kurumi, it was still good. Speaking of Kurumi she was talking about trying to find the "Captive Spirit" Very curious about that. This is also getting a movie!!! FREAKING YES :D. Too bad this was a short season, could have gotten 2 more eps. Overall a 9/10
Jun 13, 2014 12:48 PM

Jan 2012
I'm guessing Shido used to be someone named Takamiya, though I'm guessing Mana is was probably someone else in the past too since she's his biological sister.
The only really enjoyable part was the ending.
Also I wonder why they're acting like the part of the city Tohka destroyed was "nothing."
Also I wonder what Kurumi meant by captive spirit.
Jun 13, 2014 1:05 PM

Nov 2013
Kinda meh season. My favourite character, Origami, got almost no screen time. Way too rushed. Couldn't they have stretched it to 12/13 episodes which is standard anyway? And a lot of stuff was missed from the light novels for those arcs. I guess they had to cut costs. Shame.
Jun 13, 2014 1:18 PM

Apr 2010
First (filler) episode was bad.
Sisters arc was very good and enjoyable.
Miku arc was not what I expected to see. I never liked the voice acting of Miku.

6.5/10 to the second season (7 on my list), I'm waiting for the movie.
Jun 13, 2014 1:25 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty good for a somewhat rushed ending. I still love DAL.

Also, I NEED THAT OST VERSION OF TRUST IN YOU AGHHHHH
Jun 13, 2014 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
Am I the only that liked this season? I mean it wasn't great as season one and was rushed, but still entertaining.
Loved Miku's "Monochrome Sky" song, gotta wait for DAL 2 OST apparently.
I hated Miku for what she was doing, but when you understood why she was doing it, I felt sorry for her, at least Miku isn't harsh anymore after falling for Shido.
Dark Tohka was so awesome. Tohka favorite spirit <3
All's well that ends well.
KazutsuJun 13, 2014 1:50 PM

Jun 13, 2014 1:34 PM

Oct 2010
A great finale to the season. Dark Tohka made the episode with her badassery. Too bad she only appeared in one episode. Shido finally seals Miku after all that struggle. The OST this ep was amazing. Love the inverse theme of Seirei and instrumental version of Trust in You. Miku's new song was way better than her old one. Overall, this ep and the whole season gets 8/10. The animation could have been better. Hopefully the movie and encore ova improves in animation like the first season.
Jun 13, 2014 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
Kazutsu said:
Am I the only that liked this season? I mean it wasn't great as season one and was rushed, but still entertaining.
Loved Miku's "Monochrome Sky" song, gotta wait for DAL 2 OST apparently.
I hated Miku for what she was doing, but when you understood why she was doing it, I felt sorry for her, at least Miku isn't harsh anymore after falling for Shido.
All's well that ends well.

Nope, I loved this season. Episode 6's song by Tohka was great. But yeah, I need Episode 10's orchestral version of trust in you
Jun 13, 2014 1:39 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Dark Tohka looks so epic! Ellen's Rhongomiant didn't even scratch her a bit.
Miku's Ganriel, Rondo failed to restrain her as well. Too op?

Mana finally takes Jessica down and her annoying insanity comes to an end. Nice work!

Shido protecting Miku and his resolve to save "Princess" was awesome! About time he became a little cooler than before.

Nehemah enhanced form Paverchelv is one crazy sword; wiping out everything in its way!
Though, Shido manages to seal her once again, thanks to the Yamai twins.

Miku joins Shido's harem. Damn, that censoring was too strong. (Probably stronger than Sandalphon's power) Lol.

Tsukino's (Miku) song towards the end was nice. (^^)
Shido being asked by the Spirits what "Darling" is was quite funny!

Not totally bad. Needed more screentime for Kurumi though. Eh, I'll give it a 6/10.
Awaiting on the movie version. Hopefully it'll be on Natsumi Arc.

Jun 13, 2014 1:44 PM

Apr 2014
So final episode, huh?
It was awesome seeing Thoka's new version, really badass.
The blast from the sword was just extremely huge, but awesome!
And finally sealing Miku's powers. That just made my day!
And hearing a full song from Miku was just wonderfull!
But seeing "Movie version coming soon" Really made me super exited!
All in all, it has been an awesome second season, now to hope for (maybe) a third season :)
School is like giving birth.
It can hold screaming children for 8-9 months while being long and hard to get trough.
But it's always a relief in the end.
Jun 13, 2014 1:52 PM

Mar 2014
Bouts of bad animation aside, as well as the rushed story. I loved this season! Can't wait for the OVA and movie. Really hope that those aren't replacements for a 3rd season though D:
Jun 13, 2014 1:59 PM
Aug 2012
Apparently the DEM or something just come and go JUST like that so we can expect a season 3.

Still have no idea why this anime had a second season yet I watched every single episode.

Now onto my thoughts/final thoughts:

I don't see how this season progressed in terms of development for the so called "relationship" with Shido and Tohka since she was BARELY focused on the previous 7 or 6 episodes which made this "Tohka ark" kind of.. unsatisfying. It's like you can't just pull this bullshet of having Shido and Tohka "in love" when he kissed like half the population of the spirits.

If they really wanted this season to be a "worthy successor" then how about just focus on Shido and Tohka (and Kurumi because she needs more screen time, like seriously she had like 30 mins of screentime in this whole season along like wut)

Overall, all I've remembered is Shido is a nobody that can heal a focking sniper shot through his stomach (1st season) and the bad reminder that Tohka is the main girl.
WHICH leads me into giving this anime of a fair score of 6/10.

FINAL FINAL THOUGHTS:

What's up where Kotori was having a shady phone call with someone in like episode 1 or 2? Because they never fucking answered it and I is sad nao.

NEEDS MORE KURUMI

Gee, Shido kinda reminds me of EVERY GUY IN A HAREM ANIME HISTORY (Exaggerated but it's close enuf)

Tis all.

EDIT: I'm gonna have to watch some Mushishi Zoku Shou to calm myself from reminding myself that I watched a whole 10 episodes of this and knowing that it was a waste of time (not really cause now I have more characters to danbooru LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL).
TheFeilong4Jun 13, 2014 2:04 PM
Jun 13, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2010
This was probably one of the best eps if not the best along with Kurumi's ep.

Dark Tohka was friggin BA! Loved her a lot >.< Total Ownage!!

Loved her reaction to Shido kissing her in the middle of the battle.

Seems like Westcott actually knows about Shido.

Shido looked really cool when he saved Miku and when he kissed Tohka. Not bad!

The end with Miku calling him Darling and singing her song was really nice. She's head over heel for him now :3

Not much Kurumi unfortunately :(

Well all in all maybe 7/10. Lots of eps were really meh and rushed but there were quite a bit that were good esp the last one. And the animation was pretty nice this ep.
Jun 13, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
Quote by TheFeilong4: "Gee, Shido kinda reminds me of EVERY GUY IN A HAREM ANIME HISTORY (Exaggerated but it's close enuf)"

Well Shido at least understands the spirits feelings (Maybe?). Hes not dense as every Harem main character out there. Orimura, Ichika is on a different level of density.....

Jun 13, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2012
Well that was anticlimactic.

Must say Tohka's new form looks pretty bad ass. Other than that this episode was just rush and bad. After episode one things were looking up, then things just went down hill. To many things were cut, to many things were left unexplained, just an overall mess to me. Will not be re-watching this.

4/10. Hopefully the movie will be a remake. Not hoping for a season three.
Jun 13, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
Tohka evil was awesome.
Glad she was saved by Shido.
More from Miku and she has been sealed and loves Shido.
All the other spirits weren't happy with this. awww Kawaii
Movie Announced!!! What was Kurumi searching for... hmmmm.
Jun 13, 2014 2:43 PM

Feb 2011
7/10 generic and predictable.
Jun 13, 2014 3:08 PM
Mar 2014
When season two was announced I a bit surprised they bothered. I only really like the first few episodes (and later, the OVA). But now a movie announcement? Not only was S2 made short, the quality was poor and the ending rushed. By now I get the feeling that they will give the movie such a small budget, it just ends up being reused scenes from the series... It just never felt they really tried this season, so again I must say, I'm surprised they want to continue it...

While the plot never was something to take serious, it does appear that the LN would be a much better experience than the series. And yeah, the LN illustrations are pretty good.
SpillerJun 13, 2014 3:12 PM
Jun 13, 2014 3:09 PM

Nov 2013
That's the harem ending I know and love <3
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jun 13, 2014 3:14 PM

Mar 2014
Oh shido...
Well, looks like we got a happy ending.
Season 3 plz
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 13, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2013
Dark Tohka looked amazing.And Miku at the end...God so cute :3
Jun 13, 2014 3:23 PM

Feb 2012
Girl said using shower head as a mic lmfao.
Jun 13, 2014 3:32 PM

Apr 2014
There are a lot of unanswered questions but I think the biggest question I have would be....How in the hell does he keep a straight face when he's got a naked girl up against him? It boggles the mind. Otherwise, decent enough sequel I guess.
Jun 13, 2014 3:44 PM

Dec 2013
Man..I knew this was going to be a rushed season with how close in between the seasons were but I never thought it would get so off from the first season story as it did.

From the first episode I was already felt this season was going to be horrific, i felt like tohka got stupider or something.
Then episode 2 and 3 we get a beach and spa episode already, leading into a 4th episode that felt like a season finale with no build up. It was a fun episode to watch on it's own but the previous three episodes had no true build up at all.
Then we have the diva arch from episode 5 to 8, which really didn't interest me.
The 9th episode I enjoyed, then the 10th pretty much ended like the first season where the spirit goes into an alter-ego form and shido has to bring the "good" side back.
That felt like the only correlation that I really intrigued me, I don't read manga so I hope the story is better on there but as for this anime I feel like they basically relied on fanboys to eat any garbage that they put out. People were saying the Chuu season 2 came to nothing story wise? This 100% lead to nothing but add a couple of more girls, leading into the fatal flaw of harems that don't know when they have to much of a good thing. Yushino felt Nonexistent!
So my final verdict is 3/10 This season lacked so many elements that made the first season a 8 out of 10 to me. At the end they said their going to have a movie, I'm not going to watch it.
HibbingtonJun 13, 2014 3:50 PM
Jun 13, 2014 3:55 PM

Nov 2011
You people must love to complain!

I liked the finale! A lot! Miku's become quite charming! Yay for the movie! Definitely gonna watch it.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Jun 13, 2014 4:14 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode, but it was kind of rushed. I preferred the first season than the second.

The appearance of Dark Tohka looked nice.

Just like in the light novel, Miku did fell in love with Shido.
removed-userJun 13, 2014 4:21 PM
Jun 13, 2014 4:15 PM

Jan 2014
oh crap its finished, waiting for another season.
if they will add another season that is. well 2nd season escalated quickly
too short in my opinion (-_-)
well at least I enjoyed it

8/10 madafaka! :)
DeadZeroSourceJun 13, 2014 4:18 PM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jun 13, 2014 4:20 PM

Jul 2013
Dark Tohka was real nice.

Lol "Darling?" Everyone questioning Shido on what that's about XD

Hm, entire season felt like a 6/10, so I'll be giving it that again. (Just like I did with S1 - though S1 was marginally better)
Jun 13, 2014 4:38 PM

Apr 2012
Bakkar said:
This season ended quicker than I expected...I prefer the first season over the second one. Though I still enjoyed it all the same in the end and looking forward hopefully to a season 3!
would also read the novel too now.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

0 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Apr 25, 2014

139 by Eukaryo »»
Feb 23, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2014

161 by Sylphy-ette »»
Dec 7, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2014

125 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Date A Live II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2014

142 by WELLERM »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.