Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Soul Eater NOT!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 11, 2014 11:47 PM

Jul 2011
Soul Eater NOT is a prequel, yes, but also coincides with the beginning of Soul Eater's timeline.
Finally some plot development. And looks like we get to see some of the main cast next episode too!

@L-Ryoshi. Agreed.
Jun 12, 2014 5:53 AM

May 2013
Finally something is actually happening and there are only 2 episodes left. The whole series could've been this good without all those unecessary filler stuff that didn't even build up the characters or their background stories or improve them in any way together.

Also the dog of that race called "Pochi"... From this day forth I shall name him "Generic Dog" for he is a totally unecessary waste of time in this episode that had no character or emotional value at all... Meme's "spy"-sleepwalking didn't seem to have triggered because of what happend and strangely enough for that whole part Tsugami acted like she had a sudden emotional reset and was completely back to normal, that just shows how importent the dog accident to the plot was... "Have to get generic dog in there somewhere... because she had pictures with him... wow, much sad, such dramatic, wow ;_; "
DancingJackJun 12, 2014 6:05 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jun 12, 2014 11:13 AM

May 2014
It would be interesting to see the two timelines running side by side and see the changes in the girls everyday life caused by the major Soul Eater events, sorta like To Aru Majutsu no Index and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
Jun 12, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2013
SaikotykSoul said:
KumaKing said:
I'm so confused, Sid was still alive during the beginning of Soul Eater? Wasn't he? Like I just checked and I'm not wrong. So then how does he die in NOT because I thought this was technically a prequel? xD

If you pay attention to the time of day episode 10 takes place its at night. Sid was shown alive during episode 4 during the day. His reported cause of death is consistent with episode 4. And episode 1 - 3 of soul eater are about the main characters which could have taken place at any time before the stat of the series.

Also Naigus was shown without bandages on in one of the episodes of soul eater not. Since sid turns into a zombie i think (and this is just speculation) that naigus dies as well and comes back as a mummy so she can be undead with sid.

Edit: So Soul eater not is part prequel part same time line i guess. maybe well see how naigus dies as well if im corrrect.

Correction! Sid is first seen in episode 3 when Soul and BlackStar are running around trying to find out who has taken on the Necromancer in Anubis Ruins job. And as Ive just recalled, they actually stopped him from going somewhere important enough for him to skip his duty as a homeroom teacher.
TheMoulinGlacia said:
Old_Raven said:

No. In the original, Sid is introduced while still living and somewhere between the events of episode 3 and 4, Sid is mentioned to have been killed via "being stabbed through the forehead by a Statue of Liberty" and then rumors are spread of him attacking Shibusen students as bait for Maka, Soul, BlackStar, and Tsubaki's collective Remedial Lesson.

so if thats true then im confused as all hell. if he died now and this is suppose to be a prequel how is he alive in the beginning of the original? and IF this is a sequel than how is he alive in NOT (up until this episode)?

NOT! starts out as a prequel but the timeline has already progressed so far that, currently, it is taking place between episodes 3 and 4 of Soul Eater.
MasterAvalon said:
This was EASILY the best episode so far, it had everything: the usual slice-of-life, humor, sadness, drama, AND action; it was perfect.

ALSO I don't think Sid actually died in this episode since that wouldnt line up with the original Soul Eater's events, I think maybe Stein will do the same thing he did to Eternal Feather (just stitch up the wound and maybe even a little "Stein magic"), whereas in Soul Eater when Sid dies again, Stein just says SCREW IT and makes him a zombie.

OR SOMETHING..

Comparing Sid to Eternal Feather is one helluva stretch if ya ask me. Eternal Feather merely cut through her own neck and had people IMMEDIATELY do what they could for first aid. Sid essentially had a freaking spear rammed through his skull and Clay and Akane only arrived minutes after he was defeated. Eternal Feather was still alive and Sid has already been declared dead. Sid's just lucky that resurrection is Franken Stein's forte.
Old_RavenJun 12, 2014 11:36 AM
Jun 12, 2014 1:00 PM

Jul 2013
Wow finally giving off some none-useless plot...!

Jun 13, 2014 12:08 AM

Feb 2014
I love how everyone who just watched this episode is thinking the same thing: "WOW, this show actually has a plot ! ... and it is progressing !!"
well yeah I am shocked too .. if only the last 9 episodes had anything to do with this plot ..

I just have one thing to say and I will probably repeat it here after watching the final episode 2 weeks from now, Bones can do some amazing dark shows with great fighting scenes, but Bones can NOT do moe. and that is a fact !
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Jun 13, 2014 9:36 AM

Sep 2013
TrKay said:
Wow, just WOW! I knew the series wouldn't disappoint me in the end!

Does Tsugumi have an actual appearance in the real Soul Eater Manga?

Ive read from start to finish a few times and nope. Depending on the final episode of NOT! though, she may have a cameo once Soul Eater gets rebooted.
Jun 14, 2014 2:15 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode usable, the usual mix of humor and serious issues that while not shining as a masterpiece, entertains well enough with this scorching heat.
Plot quite obvious in certain situations, the fight scenes I have not found the best but not so bad.
Sid dying seems in line with what it turns out in the series of Soul Eater.
In the next installment, I wonder if there will be even more pepper in history! XD

Altair is too cute! : 3
Jun 15, 2014 10:04 AM

Jun 2012
Anyone notice the way Sid died?!

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10387098_293556274138882_6600267640177243839_o.jpg

NICE ATTENTION TO DETAIL!
VileFaeJun 15, 2014 10:12 AM
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Jun 15, 2014 10:27 AM

Jun 2012
kurocchi_ said:
Sid isn't actually dead though because �Soul Eater Not!� takes place before �Soul Eater�. He is alive in �Soul Eater�

Actually, this is the way he dies. Stein brings him back as a zombie afterwards.
Funny how this takes place before the events of the original series AND during the introduction of the original series too.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Jun 16, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
Now I see why Sid was turned into a zombie in the main series.
Jun 16, 2014 8:53 PM
Oct 2010
Brilliant episode, I still prefer the Soul Eater Not manga (artstyle, pacing and not having that intro) though I don't know whether the translated manga is that far but never doubted that this will step into this territory.

To have three Gorgon sisters and end the story without introducing one of them once would be a shame, if only Ookubo can find a way to give us a few more answers for questions proposed in the end of Soul Eater proper.

I didn't enjoy the use of Pochi's death but I guess it is effective to illustrate how weak of a heroine that Tsugumi is (also shown in her indecisive nature and countless scenes in this series). It is definitely a lot better than that friend of Caesar Zepelli who only had minutes to appear called Mark in JoJo Part 2.
Jun 16, 2014 11:05 PM

Jan 2012
pretty sure the nightmare began on the first episode
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 20, 2014 6:30 PM

Jun 2012
don't we all want some of memes clothes

also, probably one of the best episodes yet, to bad its over soon :c
EL. PHY. CONGROO.

Jun 21, 2014 8:31 AM

Mar 2010
So thats how he dies....
Jun 22, 2014 12:02 AM
Sep 2009
Shaula is the best thing in this show. She should have had more screen time.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jun 23, 2014 8:09 PM
Aug 2011
More proof that Meme is the worst.

This is where the timeline begins to mesh into what we know from the first series.
Jun 24, 2014 7:20 PM

Apr 2011
Awesomeness, stuff is actually happening! About bloody time, the slice of life nonsense was getting more than a bit boring. Now we know why Sid is a zombie at the beginning of Soul Eater (OS). I wasn't really impressed by Tsugumi's breakdown at her dog dying. Some tears, sure, but wanting to leave school over a pet? If it had been her brother that would have been one thing, but it just felt faked. Especially when so much was about to happen that DESERVES a freak-out.

So Meme is possessed, Anya is being deported and Sid just got killed. Not a good day for Tsugumi. Next episode the cast of Soul Eater shows up to finally kick some ass and hopefully shake some sense into Tsugumi.

I agree, this episode is what I was hoping Soul Eater NOT! would be like, not the long stretches of nothing happening.
Jul 1, 2014 9:03 PM

Apr 2012
so thats y sid died
Jul 3, 2014 2:35 AM

Apr 2011
I thought it was goint to be light and fluffy, until this episode. I'm excited!
Sep 9, 2014 4:21 AM

Oct 2013
shit got real !!
[/quote]
Sep 24, 2014 6:29 AM

Jun 2008
The dog thing really was kind of stupid. I know some people are crazy about their pets but still reacting like a human close to you died for the pet is just too much.

Other than that we will get some intense moments for the last few episodes with the evil witch it seems. Let's see if we will also get a decision from Tsukumi about who will be her partner.

Btw am kind of sad that we never got a cameo of Medusa. I just love that sexy psycho bitch.
Oct 22, 2014 10:54 PM

Nov 2011
I totally predicted it. The only things this episode included was that Anya was an actual princess and not just some rich girl as well as Pochi's death. Damn.

I started suspecting that the witch had something to do with Meme's amnesia during the last episode, where it's revealed that she's not merely air-headed. Her antics were fairly obvious once that clarification was made.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Nov 22, 2014 5:14 PM

May 2012
Oh snap, this doesn't look too good! Let's see what happens next though.
Dec 27, 2014 11:33 PM

Dec 2014
Finally, some more action! That episode was a wild ride. I don't even know what to make of it.
May 16, 2015 10:18 PM

Nov 2014
Okay, I have a question...I'll put it in the spoiler tag though.

And poor Pochi...
Nov 10, 2015 12:37 AM

Mar 2013
BlackFox24 said:
Okay, I have a question...I'll put it in the spoiler tag though.

And poor Pochi...

Sorry for the late reply. This was discussed on the previous page, but the NOT! series takes place between episodes 3 and 4 of the original series (give or take). That's why Sid was introduced as a human, then killed and resurrected as a zombie. As for what went through his head, well... In the original, they say that he "got the Goddess of Freedom stuck on his head" or that the Statue of Liberty impaled him (not the exact wording, but close enough). While they had to censor it for TV broadcast, the manga shows that a replica Statue of Liberty was essentially suplexed into Sid's head, effectively killing him (and giving him that hole that his zombie has). If you look carefully at the left edge of a few frames, you can see the statue itself before the loud boom that the other characters hear.

If you're interested, here's the page from the manga:
Mar 14, 2017 8:07 AM

Jan 2013
If you'd seen Soul Eater we know that Sid didn't actually die and he's fine (maybe not fine but he'll live)
Good to know Meme had a reason for forgetting as much and didn't have a disease of some sorts.
Nov 12, 2018 6:21 AM

Mar 2016
NOW, THIS IS AN AMAZING EPISODE!!!

An episode with a deep plot, now that Shaula the scorpion witch has made her biggest move yet. The mind control used on Meme is the most advanced form of mind control that she has used on anyone so far, literally controlling Meme's every move and action. Wow...

So Sid died here! This meant that the first few episodes of the original Soul Eater happened before this episode of Soul Eater NOT, since Sid was still alive in ep 1 of OG Soul Eater. Still, how did Sid turn into a zombie though? I'm sure it's because of Stein.

Anya is finally exposed! Her identity as a princess is revealed to Tsugumi, and well what do you know! Akane and his weapon are actually her secret bodyguards!

From the moment when Tsugumi received that sad letter, to the confusion she's left with in the end... This has beed a really great and excellent episode!
Apr 30, 2019 5:49 AM

Dec 2018
I guess Meme is controlled by the witch.

WTF Sid-sensei dead? But I think Stein will save him, otherwise it would be weird if he exist in the original series. Kid is already in DWMA too. I thought this was supposed to be a prequel. Maybe they changed some order of the timeline event from the original.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 3, 2019 6:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Meme is possessed and Anya is leaving... well that's really sad for the group
Mar 14, 2023 8:39 AM

Nov 2010
Oh no, not the doggo!
Damn, Sid actually died. That's too bad. But knowing these kinds of shows, I'm sure he's okay in the end.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

187 by UnholyAsian »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

129 by Jengmaru »»
Aug 30, 2023 5:48 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

73 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2014

49 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater NOT! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

54 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 14, 2023 6:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.