Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 25, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow this show got really dark lately. As for Caesar, he's being put on the spot as well.

Looks like Nobunaga and the others are facing some dangerous adversaries like Alexander this episode too. As for the fight itself, it was okay I guess. Felt a bit fast though.
May 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
Author was a she behind the mask? And masked guy is back to being the enemy when receiving Excalibur.

Hime instructing to burn fire. Battle not using robot between dragons powers. Hide is cured!?!

What was happened? Masked guy showed up and released something there as well as calling Author, who told Jeanne that he is hakaiou...
tsubasaloverMay 25, 2014 12:59 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 25, 2014 12:47 PM
Jan 2014
So in this episode we finally saw the face of King Arthur.
Didn't expect it would turn out to be a female.

Caesar managed to pull out the Excalibur.
The sword battle was good, Nobu flipped his blade so he could get a clean cut of Alexander's double edged longsword and then slashed into his hand.
Saru is back with full force, thanks to the technology of The Star of the West.
The two stars are now connected.
Himiko's condition has worsened.
The last vision that Jeanne had was definitely not good.
ResidentJun 1, 2014 12:54 PM
May 25, 2014 1:02 PM
May 2014
ResidentANM said:
So in this episode we finally saw the face of King Arthur.
Didn't expect it would turn out to be a female.
Caesar managed to pull out the Excalibur.
The sword battle was good, Nobu flipped his blade so he could get a clean cut of Alexander's double edged longsword and then slashed into his hand.
Saru is back with full force, thanks to the technology of The Star of the West.
The two stars are now connected.
Himiko's condition has worsened.
The last vision that Jeanne had was definitely not good.

Um, arthurs face changes depending on who sees him, alexander sees him as achilees, caesar saw him as ... er aphrodite (LOL as expected)

Next ep from the preview seems like ichi is talking about caesar, she will probably snap him back, and caesar will throw the sword away and then mitsu will take it up (the sword is a convenient way for mitsu to get the power he desperately wanted since he cant use a regalia since arthur said it responds to those who wants salvation and da vinci teased that mitsu can be the savior king)
May 25, 2014 1:03 PM

Sep 2008
After last episode preview I assumed that King Arthur is she :)

Saru is back! I so happy! *.*
May 25, 2014 1:29 PM
Mar 2012
I'm just sitting here wanting more Mitsuhide and Himiko moments.
May 25, 2014 1:35 PM

May 2013
yaay, automail, Hideyoshi's back!
who the hell is King Arthur? i confused...
May 25, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2014
haganedonciii said:
yaay, automail, Hideyoshi's back!
who the hell is King Arthur? i confused...

Obviously the destroyer king and the guy pulling the strings. Seriously, this guy's face changes depending on who sees him. Know way he isn't the destroyer.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

May 25, 2014 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
King Arthur is a girl. I didn't expect it would turn out to be a female.

Hideyoshi's back as a cyborg.
May 25, 2014 2:17 PM

Feb 2011
Jeanne finally had the resolve to follow Nobunaga to the very end, but now King Arthur tells her that he is the destroyer-king (via a prophecy).
Damn, I would like to see Jeanne shining, but it seems that she will never trust Nobunaga.
May 25, 2014 2:18 PM

May 2013
Hideyoshi's got some robotic arms. Glad that he is okay though.
May 25, 2014 2:22 PM

Mar 2014
Lunatik said:
Jeanne finally had the resolve to follow Nobunaga to the very end, but now King Arthur tells her that he is the destroyer-king (via a prophecy).
Damn, I would like to see Jeanne shining, but it seems that she will never trust Nobunaga.

this Is why Himeko is best and also my main problem with Jeanne so indecisive
May 25, 2014 2:26 PM

Feb 2011
Outcaster00 said:
Lunatik said:

Actually I don't think either Himiko nor Jeanne will be with Nobunaga at the end.
May 25, 2014 2:44 PM

Mar 2014
Lunatik said:
Outcaster00 said:
Lunatik said:

Actually I don't think either Himiko nor Jeanne will be with Nobunaga at the end.

you may be right about that if they do a hero dies at the end or god mode ending
May 25, 2014 2:46 PM

Aug 2012
jfs said:

Next ep from the preview seems like ichi is talking about caesar, she will probably snap him back, and caesar will throw the sword away and then mitsu will take it up (the sword is a convenient way for mitsu to get the power he desperately wanted since he cant use a regalia since arthur said it responds to those who wants salvation and da vinci teased that mitsu can be the savior king)
I quite like the sound of that, things have certainly built up so that something like that could happen. But I feel like Caesar isn't quite done with Arthur's agenda just yet.
May 25, 2014 2:56 PM
May 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
jfs said:

I quite like the sound of that, things have certainly built up so that something like that could happen. But I feel like Caesar isn't quite done with Arthur's agenda just yet.

well imo the ONLY way for caesar to quickly get snapped back to his true self (before arthur went all APHRODITE OF MY SOUL on him, caesar has already became a very compassionate and noble man, you can see that when he confronted arthur about why if they were trying to save everyone so many people had to die etc) is if Ichi displayed honest affections for him for the first time (ep 18 hinted she does have some) and Mitsu secretly watching a romantic scene between the two, i can see him stealing/picking up excalibur and basically swapping places with caesar (Ichi falling for caesar will be the PERFECT way to set up honnoji as Mitsu now has nothing to hesitate about, and ep 22 is also coincidentally titled the devil')

anyway im guesing end of next ep Caesar will be back with the good guys, but they lose mitsu to arthurs side instead
jfsMay 25, 2014 3:13 PM
May 25, 2014 3:36 PM

May 2013
King Arthur is a girl, a fairly pretty one too. Can't wait to see her robot.
May 25, 2014 3:45 PM

Aug 2012
jfs said:

anyway im guesing end of next ep Caesar will be back with the good guys, but they lose mitsu to arthurs side instead
I think if what you guessed were to happen, Mitsu would become a singular threat apart from Nobu and Arthur. Since he seeks to become savior king himself now(Ichi's speech about dominion might have helped his mind justify his desires) he'll probably have the state of mind to act of his own will, and he'll probably be acting alone. Though if that happens Arthur will likely secretly manipulate him through the sword's salvation to instigate honnouji.
May 25, 2014 4:16 PM
May 2014
AlexTheRiot said:
jfs said:

I think if what you guessed were to happen, Mitsu would become a singular threat apart from Nobu and Arthur. Since he seeks to become savior king himself now(Ichi's speech about dominion might have helped his mind justify his desires) he'll probably have the state of mind to act of his own will, and he'll probably be acting alone. Though if that happens Arthur will likely secretly manipulate him through the sword's salvation to instigate honnouji.

Yeah either way when i saw the excalibur the first thing that came to my mind is that.. wow this is the perfect way for mitsu to gain power... also remember that cesare once talked about mitsu being made into a homunculus, so maybe thats some kind of experimental regalia user or something, and Mitsu will use that to gain power, but yeah i agree that Mitsu will either be manipulated by arthur or he will openly ally himself with him..

Also based on Ichis chara song lyrics, it seems that she has fallen for caesar, (song was released right after episode 18, when she worries for caesar for the first time), it has lines about waiting for his return to tell him and that she will be honest about her feelings and that despite not forgetting the 'scent of far-off days that can never be returned to' ( a clear reference to mitsu, who was clearly the subject of the first part of the song,), that she basically chose caesar now, and imo based on the preview of ep 21, it has something about 'not hesitating' or stuff, so i think she will confront caesar and sort out their feelings and i hope he comes back to her (while mitsu goes the other way)

Either way ep 21 will probably set up the last 3 ep (like who will be on whose side and stuff).. im still hoping final battle is Nobu and caesar vs arthur or arthur+mitsu
May 25, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2013
I always get confused when they mention Cesare and Caeser...Could they just make one Lancelot? Boo.
May 25, 2014 4:44 PM

Jun 2012
So Arthur can change his face at will. Or is it that their are multiple arthurs? Either way it's pretty damn interesting.
May 25, 2014 6:06 PM
Jul 2013
I'm calling it that Arthur is a Destroyer King. He had a head start so he got a bunch of strong people loyal to him, advanced technology, blah blah blah.

Alexander being called a Dragon Slayer, only to be unable to slay Nobunaga who had become one with the dragons
May 25, 2014 6:20 PM

Feb 2008
So Saru turned into a cyborg Goku?!
Hmm, so the prophecies she hears are what Arthur is telling her?
Why do ppl still speculate if Nobu is destroyer king, are they all blind? Arthur is invading east star because west is about to get fked, yeah for sure he is savior king...
May 25, 2014 6:29 PM

Aug 2013
Saru's alive that's all :)
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 25, 2014 11:00 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
AlexTheRiot said:
jfs said:

Yeah either way when i saw the excalibur the first thing that came to my mind is that.. wow this is the perfect way for mitsu to gain power... also remember that cesare once talked about mitsu being made into a homunculus, so maybe thats some kind of experimental regalia user or something, and Mitsu will use that to gain power, but yeah i agree that Mitsu will either be manipulated by arthur or he will openly ally himself with him..

Also based on Ichis chara song lyrics, it seems that she has fallen for caesar, (song was released right after episode 18, when she worries for caesar for the first time), it has lines about waiting for his return to tell him and that she will be honest about her feelings and that despite not forgetting the 'scent of far-off days that can never be returned to' ( a clear reference to mitsu, who was clearly the subject of the first part of the song,), that she basically chose caesar now, and imo based on the preview of ep 21, it has something about 'not hesitating' or stuff, so i think she will confront caesar and sort out their feelings and i hope he comes back to her (while mitsu goes the other way)

Either way ep 21 will probably set up the last 3 ep (like who will be on whose side and stuff).. im still hoping final battle is Nobu and caesar vs arthur or arthur+mitsu

Yeah, Arthur definitely brain washed/manipulated Caesar there, no doubt about it. To me Caesar did a 180 when Arthur showed him his Aphrodite face (who is the same as Venus that Caesar has mentioned before) and isn't himself anymore. In fact I'm pretty sure that everyone in the Round Table is/was under Arthur's spell and weren't acting themselves. Though I have a theory that Excalibur points to Caesar being the true ruler of the Western Star and not Arthur and that's why Arthur wants to use him as Arthur himself couldn't wield it. I think Mitsu will go after the Holy Grail, but you could be right about him getting Excalibur.

And talking about things being like Ichi's character song, how she in the preview was saying "that flower is you" and showing Caesar. Just fits too perfectly. I also think this is more proof of Caesar being Ichi's historical 2nd husband as she married him to insure his loyalty to the Oda Clan. Ichi bringing Caesar back to his senses will insure just that.
NiteBloomingRoseMay 25, 2014 11:59 PM
May 26, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2012
Well everything got really serous know if they already weren't serous.

Great episode!!!
May 26, 2014 1:23 AM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:

Yeah, Arthur definitely brain washed/manipulated Caesar there, no doubt about it. To me Caesar did a 180 when Arthur showed him his Aphrodite face (who is the same as Venus that Caesar has mentioned before) and isn't himself anymore. In fact I'm pretty sure that everyone in the Round Table is/was under Arthur's spell and weren't acting themselves. Though I have a theory that Excalibur points to Caesar being the true ruler of the Western Star and not Arthur and that's why Arthur wants to use him as Arthur himself couldn't wield it. I think Mitsu will go after the Holy Grail, but you could be right about him getting Excalibur.

And talking about things being like Ichi's character song, how she in the preview was saying "that flower is you" and showing Caesar. Just fits too perfectly. I also think this is more proof of Caesar being Ichi's historical 2nd husband as she married him to insure his loyalty to the Oda Clan. Ichi bringing Caesar back to his senses will insure just that.

Well i guess that kinda makes sense... idk but that excalibur seems like an evil sword so i was hoping caesar would toss it and mitsu will pick it up to try and be the savior king... the sword aparently doesnt need to be a regalia user to use, just a strong desire for salvation, so kinda fits with what mitsu needs since he cant use a regalia but secretly may want to supplant nobu as savior king..

I guess well find out next ep.. if caesar ichi will have a chance in the anime she has to get him back next episode (i was quite disappointed caesar was corrupted so easily though, i mean he didnt even think of ichi, though maybe theres still a chance he is pretending to be manipulated the entire time, though thats unlikely considering his ''aphrodite in my soul quote")

Imo though he was easily corrupted by arthur because ichi has never shown that she cares about him or any affections to him (she only did so in ep 18 and he wasnt around) so what he might need is her just showing a little affection to get him back with the good guys, or thats what im hoping for anyway
jfsMay 26, 2014 1:33 AM
May 26, 2014 1:57 AM
May 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:

Well i guess that kinda makes sense... idk but that excalibur seems like an evil sword so i was hoping caesar would toss it and mitsu will pick it up to try and be the savior king... the sword aparently doesnt need to be a regalia user to use, just a strong desire for salvation, so kinda fits with what mitsu needs since he cant use a regalia but secretly may want to supplant nobu as savior king..

I guess well find out next ep.. if caesar ichi will have a chance in the anime she has to get him back next episode (i was quite disappointed caesar was corrupted so easily though, i mean he didnt even think of ichi, though maybe theres still a chance he is pretending to be manipulated the entire time, though thats unlikely considering his ''aphrodite in my soul quote")

Imo though he was easily corrupted by arthur because ichi has never shown that she cares about him or any affections to him (she only did so in ep 18 and he wasnt around) so what he might need is her just showing a little affection to get him back with the good guys, or thats what im hoping for anyway

Hm... that's true. I was mainly thinking of the Arthurian legend as it couldn't be drawn out, but by the rightful ruler. But the more I think about it, you're probably right with that being the requirement to wield it. That would indeed be perfect for Mitsu. Also with Caesar going to the good guys's side he'll probably lose that desire and be unable to use it. Mitsu would indeed be the perfect one for it then to work for. Mitsu's going to betray somehow (Da Vinci was like Tokugawa with goading him to do it (in one theory anyways)) and that's the perfect way and kinda the only way I see he can the more I think about it. How else would Mitsu be able to betray Nobu with the kind of power he has? So yeah, I now think you're right.

Yeah, it definitely have to be next ep. (I was too especially after all of that "protecting the light" speech in the preview last time).

That's probably why he didn't as why resist when the one he loves hasn't shown any affections for him (or so he thinks)? I think she'll get him back and the more I looked into Shibata (Ichi's 2nd husband) the more him and Caesar sound alike. Shibata wasn't always on Nobunaga's side (originally on his brother's), but was one of Nobunaga's 2 favored generals (Mitsu in no way can be a general). Once snapping Caesar back there'll be this "sigh of relief" only for Mitsu to take up the sword. Doesn't one of Ichi's character songs mention about lowering someone's sword? I think that's Caesar and Excalibur there.
May 26, 2014 2:05 AM
May 2014
so is nobu the destroyer king or the saviour king or is it just arthur messsing around with "gods" voice?

btw since jeanne is caught up with the prophecies, is she going to switch to arthur from what we saw in the last moments of episode 20?
SKYflareMay 26, 2014 2:10 AM
May 26, 2014 5:04 AM

Apr 2013
dragonlight said:
So Arthur can change his face at will. Or is it that their are multiple arthurs? Either way it's pretty damn interesting.

he changes the face to something whoever is in front of him wants to see.

great episode.

hideyoshi mark II was funny

the series really has a jrpg feel to it.
May 26, 2014 5:44 AM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:

Hm... that's true. I was mainly thinking of the Arthurian legend as it couldn't be drawn out, but by the rightful ruler. But the more I think about it, you're probably right with that being the requirement to wield it. That would indeed be perfect for Mitsu. Also with Caesar going to the good guys's side he'll probably lose that desire and be unable to use it. Mitsu would indeed be the perfect one for it then to work for. Mitsu's going to betray somehow (Da Vinci was like Tokugawa with goading him to do it (in one theory anyways)) and that's the perfect way and kinda the only way I see he can the more I think about it. How else would Mitsu be able to betray Nobu with the kind of power he has? So yeah, I now think you're right.

Yeah, it definitely have to be next ep. (I was too especially after all of that "protecting the light" speech in the preview last time).

That's probably why he didn't as why resist when the one he loves hasn't shown any affections for him (or so he thinks)? I think she'll get him back and the more I looked into Shibata (Ichi's 2nd husband) the more him and Caesar sound alike. Shibata wasn't always on Nobunaga's side (originally on his brother's), but was one of Nobunaga's 2 favored generals (Mitsu in no way can be a general). Once snapping Caesar back there'll be this "sigh of relief" only for Mitsu to take up the sword. Doesn't one of Ichi's character songs mention about lowering someone's sword? I think that's Caesar and Excalibur there.

The 2nd song might just express regret at war torn times rather than a single person though im not sure, i wouldnt read too much into that 2nd one, but the first song quite obvious

I really think that caesar was talking about Ichi in the ep 20 preview (but he couldnt live up to it thanks to arthurs aphrodite thing) so based on ep 20 preview its up to her to 'illuminate that path'and put him back on the right path or something... Yeah because despite caesar pretty much doing some crazy stuff for her there hasnt been a true 'emotional' connection between him and ichi despite being married, so that would certainly explain why he was so quick to go 'aphroditeee' on arthur without even giving her a thought, but if caesar is to be brought back, only ichi can do it

Anyway if ep 21 ichi gets caesar back on the good side then the song is almost probably correctly intepreted as her having fallen for him, otherwise, theres a good chance the ship will sink, so yea ep 21 will really decide things
May 26, 2014 6:46 AM

Dec 2010
I really like these theories, they are very legitimate, I've rarely seen people put so much thought into theories about whatever anime/manga title, so I guess that if even at this point the people who still watch this are so scarce, they are really liking this show. Great.

Caesar being the true ruler of the West sounds really relevant. The fact that he's my fave aside, he's really the most impressive person General from the West, and he was really powerful as well - like when the Dragon gave him his power so he could win the fight with Nobunaga. I think that this was really a sign that he's not just random somebody and that Destiny itself didn't want him to lose. How many can actually boast about this?

But anyway, this episode was really random, I really hope that he'll come back to Nobunaga's side, as Arthur's brainwashing was a really cheap shot.
May 26, 2014 6:48 AM

May 2013
So Arthur's face is still a mystery. I really thought he was a girl, till a saw some other comments. Looks like Hideyoshi is a cyborg now. What about Caesar receiving Excalibur. So Caesar got mesmerized by Arthur's girl face and did what he wanted?
It's still a little confusing to me.
May 26, 2014 6:57 AM
May 2014
Meritas said:
I really like these theories, they are very legitimate, I've rarely seen people put so much thought into theories about whatever anime/manga title, so I guess that if even at this point the people who still watch this are so scarce, they are really liking this show. Great.

Caesar being the true ruler of the West sounds really relevant. The fact that he's my fave aside, he's really the most impressive person General from the West, and he was really powerful as well - like when the Dragon gave him his power so he could win the fight with Nobunaga. I think that this was really a sign that he's not just random somebody and that Destiny itself didn't want him to lose. How many can actually boast about this?

But anyway, this episode was really random, I really hope that he'll come back to Nobunaga's side, as Arthur's brainwashing was a really cheap shot.

well yeah some of use has nothing better to do... imo this anime is ok, though the main reason i like it is because i like caesar x ichi and i like mitsu to suffer/despair so....

Caesar being brainwashed is the easiest way to force ichi to confront her feelings ..That said it WOULD make sense for caesar to be the 'nobunaga' in the west star, and maybe he could be if not for arthur.. Nobu and caesar as ive said has many parallels

1- both blessed by dragons by default
2- both loves a foreign woman from the opposing stars (well... maybe until Aphrodiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiteeeeee)
3-both have betrayal flags (mitsu and brutus)
4-both wants a free spirited life (caesar said in tea party how its hard to have a free life and he seems regretful about it)

So it would make sense for nobu and caesar be the counterparts in their stars, i just hope theyre both alive at the end to rebuild their own stars (hopefully with their woman)

Well next episode seems like ichi will have a chance to turn her husband back.. i think she just needs to remind him of his love for her somehow
jfsMay 26, 2014 9:02 AM
May 26, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
Jeanne loves Nobu,i guess she finally will trust in that love,
he would have to do something for that happen...
i found this part interesting : the trust....and i´m still waiting himeko death,to nobu gets free and do something with jeanne<3,nobu have to do something...
jeanne is always there,even she is not strong she have a kind of mistyc power ,visions...well something
and i wonder about caesar goals...caesaR loves nobu sister,so he can´t betrayed her and ...about mitsu....(i´m waiting for a surprise)
probably nobu will fight with arthur finally,and who is arthur? someone we know?da vinci ?the dark side of mitsu? someone who jeaNNE knows??maybe king arthur are doubts and fears of nobu?? i can´t wait
May 26, 2014 11:10 AM
Jan 2013
Can I just nominate Nobunaga the Fool as the anime with one of the best OSTs in anime? I could stream the OST tracks for HOURS at a time!!
<3 UR PRETTY KEWL 2 <3
May 26, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2013
Dat Nobunaga vs. Alexander
Dat second face of King Arthur
Dat Ichihime
Dat OST
DAT FREAKING AWESOME MONKEY
Dat pillars of Hercules
Dat Dragon
Dat 'oh noes, Himiko!' moment
Dat cliff hanger ending
5/5 episode
May 26, 2014 1:19 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:

The 2nd song might just express regret at war torn times rather than a single person though im not sure, i wouldnt read too much into that 2nd one, but the first song quite obvious

I really think that caesar was talking about Ichi in the ep 20 preview (but he couldnt live up to it thanks to arthurs aphrodite thing) so based on ep 20 preview its up to her to 'illuminate that path'and put him back on the right path or something... Yeah because despite caesar pretty much doing some crazy stuff for her there hasnt been a true 'emotional' connection between him and ichi despite being married, so that would certainly explain why he was so quick to go 'aphroditeee' on arthur without even giving her a thought, but if caesar is to be brought back, only ichi can do it

Anyway if ep 21 ichi gets caesar back on the good side then the song is almost probably correctly intepreted as her having fallen for him, otherwise, theres a good chance the ship will sink, so yea ep 21 will really decide things

Ah, I see. I don't understand Jap so I just go by hearsay.

Caesar had to have been talking about Ichi and I do believe that is his true feelings (I think that Aphrodite thing exploited his desires/weakness). Exactly. If Ichi had shown affections for Caesar I doubt Arthur could have gotten him under that spell. Probably it was exploiting Caesar's desire for affection from Ichi that he hadn't gotten.

Indeed and at the moment I think Caesar & Jeanne have something in common: both having to choose between Arthur/prophecy (which that was definitely Arthur) and the one they love. And it's kinda obvious who Jeanne will pick with her being Ranmaru.

Also Caesar being snapped out of Arthur's spell by Ichi will be perfect for Nobu as he would then be able to warn him of Arthur's powers. The main charas always seem to have someone to warn them about the villain's powers before facing them or otherwise they would be toast. Also in this ep they put emphasis on Da Vinci asking Alexander what Arthur's face looked like. So from Caesar telling them what he saw they may figure out some things.

Meritas said:

Like jfs I mainly only care about Caesar & Ichi, but I will admit this series is the only one that got me to care enough to post stuff about. I usually stay out of the forums. XD

It is indeed the dragon that made me think Caesar is the true ruler of the west. Only he and Nobu have been given power from the dragon and granting their wishes: Nobu when Caesar attacked and then Caesar when Nobu was about to kill him. I won't say any more similarities as jfs covered that. :)
May 26, 2014 1:57 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:

Well yeah last ep we saw that caesar is actually a very compassionate and kind person (much more so than mitsufag), imo his past evil self that is arrogant cruel and proud is just his way of running away from the fact that he just maybe wanted someone to love him or something, which is probably why he really did all that he could for her, ep 14 really brings out his true character: just a guy who wants to love someone and will do anything to try to get some in return, i think ichi knows this and next ep she will know he is not himself, i doubt she will just be like 'ok bye you forced me into this after all', im sure she will confront him and sort out their feelings, i just hope he is back by the end of the ep (mitsu can go the other way), i mean the only reason caesar was captured and brainwashed is cause he had to be a hero and save mitsu, the guy she liked, it just wont be fair if she abandons him now when he needs her the most (though he doesnt know it)

So when arthur revealed himself to be the 'perfect image' of a woman in his head (Aphrodite, naturally), and said arthur toys with his emotions, talking about how her! grief is endless and how she has suffered so long having to sacrifice so many people, and saying how she needs his power, all while crying and making an adorable pleading face, i can see why caesar was so easily manipulated, contrast when ichi asked caesar to save the oda, she was holding a sword and saying 'choose me or your master now!', while arthur is like 'im so sad.. i have been in grief for so many years..my tears just wont stop... (while holding his hand and crying) , i really need your power, wont you pweease lend it to me (wipes off her tear using his hand) ? ' i can see who has more feminine appeal, though i wouldve thought caesar wouldve remembered ichi for at least a second or so (Edit: i thought she winked at him, but no, she used his hand to wipe off her tears, wow this arthur really knows how to control people)

Theres also the small chance he is pretending and playing along with arthur, though i doubt it considering his behavior in the episode..

Also i cant really completely blame caesar , he seems to have good taste

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1401/13/1401134954979.png

I wonder if next ep caesar will tell Ichi something like 'You are nothing compared to the perfection that is KING Arthur' LOL i wonder how she will react to that (maybe like her face at the end of the PV?)

ofc it will be even funnier to see caesars reaction when da vinci or nobu tells him that arthur is a man according to alexander
jfsMay 26, 2014 2:41 PM
May 26, 2014 3:10 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:

Well yeah last ep we saw that caesar is actually a very compassionate and kind person (much more so than mitsufag), imo his past evil self that is arrogant cruel and proud is just his way of running away from the fact that he just maybe wanted someone to love him or something, which is probably why he really did all that he could for her, ep 14 really brings out his true character: just a guy who wants to love someone and will do anything to try to get some in return, i think ichi knows this and next ep she will know he is not himself, i doubt she will just be like 'ok bye you forced me into this after all', im sure she will confront him and sort out their feelings, i just hope he is back by the end of the ep (mitsu can go the other way), i mean the only reason caesar was captured and brainwashed is cause he had to be a hero and save mitsu, the guy she liked, it just wont be fair if she abandons him now when he needs her the most (though he doesnt know it)

So when arthur revealed himself to be the 'perfect image' of a woman in his head (Aphrodite, naturally), and said arthur toys with his emotions, talking about how her! grief is endless and how she has suffered so long having to sacrifice so many people, and saying how she needs his power, all while crying and making an adorable pleading face, i can see why caesar was so easily manipulated, contrast when ichi asked caesar to save the oda, she was holding a sword and saying 'choose me or your master now!', while arthur is like 'im so sad.. i have been in grief for so many years..my tears just wont stop... (while holding his hand and crying) , i really need your power, wont you pweease lend it to me (wipes off her tear using his hand) ? ' i can see who has more feminine appeal, though i wouldve thought caesar wouldve remembered ichi for at least a second or so (Edit: i thought she winked at him, but no, she used his hand to wipe off her tears, wow this arthur really knows how to control people)

Theres also the small chance he is pretending and playing along with arthur, though i doubt it considering his behavior in the episode..

Also i cant really completely blame caesar , he seems to have good taste

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1401/13/1401134954979.png

I wonder if next ep caesar will tell Ichi something like 'You are nothing compared to the perfection that is KING Arthur' LOL i wonder how she will react to that (maybe like her face at the end of the PV?)

ofc it will be even funnier to see caesars reaction when da vinci or nobu tells him that arthur is a man according to alexander

Yeah, we did, ep 14 on has been a heroic Caesar and this just seems so off. Probably so and it's not uncommon for someone to act differently on the battlefield, but even on the battlefield he is changing. Cesare Borgia said Caesar used to think the ends justify the means, but clearly not anymore with how he confronted Arthur at the beginning. Ichi definitely will know he is not himself as she's the only one to have seen the true him which I think is very important right now. She has to, she really has to confront him as I can't see her abandoning him. That's what I hope too. Exactly, it wouldn't be after everything he's done for her. She has to do something for him and it's time she does now.

(Kinda funny how Aphrodite = Venus, who the historical Caesar claimed to be descended from. XD) Haha, yeah, good point. XD Arthur and Ichi were polar opposite. XD Yeah, I thought he would too, but this show kinda seems to be a whirlwind. Like Ichi had to have heard what Caesar did, but we never saw her be informed. And maybe Caesar knows the Takeda have fallen so he think she wouldn't want anything to do with him? (Oh, gosh, this Arthur does, that's just really... -_-)

Yeah, there is a small chance, but kinda hard to see. Though Caesar did say he would arrange for Nobu to meet Arthur and like Mitsu said he's shrewd. So maybe he's a good actor. Still with how Arthur's face appeared to him as he was landing on the Eastern Star so hard to see that.

Oh my gosh! Arthur that is LOW! S/He's so beautiful...

Oh, gosh, with Caesar being under Arthur's spell I can so see him saying that. LOL Haha, that would explain that face, I must admit. XD

Oh, gosh, that would be HILARIOUS! And poor Caesar. I can't imagine the embarrassment of that. XD
May 26, 2014 3:52 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:
....................................................................................

Yeah guess the most likely explanation is that arthur perfectly exploited his emotional vulnerabilities, which is really cruel considering how much he has changed till that point..., i doubt caesar is pretending to be controlled too..
IMO it will be a combination of nobu/da vinci telling him how alexander saw arthur as (caesar prolly wont believe it at first) and Ichi reminding him of his choice and maybe slapping/scolding him that will bring him back..

Either way Ichi will prolly decide her feelings next ep, the show has gone out of its way to seperate both mitsu and caesar from her, (with caesar saving his life), then have mitsu be the only one to make it back and showing her worrying for caesar, and finally made him come back as a brainwashed arthur-worshipping acolyte (im sure she will realize that the reason he got brainwashed is since he defied arthur for her sake)

So yeah the love triangle will be decided next episode, the PV has ichi saying she wont hesitate (similar to the song), and at this point, with caesar in that brainwashed state, she cant afford to hesitate anymore about her feelings anymore (mitsu or caesar).. i guess it will be one of

1- She will choose to try convince caesar and tell him she does have affections for him, snapping him back (possible happy end), which will also likely piss mitsu off and instigate his desertion and betrayal, guessing he will steal excalibur too

2- She will try to convince caesar and fail (Caesar goes back to arthur and becomes their enemy, in this case i can only see it end in tragedy)

3- She will be upset and try to kill him for breaking his promise (though im pretty sure he never agreed to betray arthur before they married)

4- She will be upset but wont care much and say 'ok whatever, i still have mitsu though, so bye' (VERY UNLIKELY!)

Based on the song and imo, 1) is most likely, i just cant see her doing 3 after ep 14, and 4 would be really cruel, too cruel to happen in an episode titled justice.. anyway next episode will be decisive for shippers
jfsMay 26, 2014 4:05 PM
May 26, 2014 4:41 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:
....................................................................................

Yeah guess the most likely explanation is that arthur perfectly exploited his emotional vulnerabilities, which is really cruel considering how much he has changed till that point..., i doubt caesar is pretending to be controlled too..
IMO it will be a combination of nobu/da vinci telling him how alexander saw arthur as (caesar prolly wont believe it at first) and Ichi reminding him of his choice and maybe slapping/scolding him that will bring him back..

Either way Ichi will prolly decide her feelings next ep, the show has gone out of its way to seperate both mitsu and caesar from her, (with caesar saving his life), then have mitsu be the only one to make it back and showing her worrying for caesar, and finally made him come back as a brainwashed arthur-worshipping acolyte (im sure she will realize that the reason he got brainwashed is since he defied arthur for her sake)

So yeah the love triangle will be decided next episode, the PV has ichi saying she wont hesitate (similar to the song), and at this point, with caesar in that brainwashed state, she cant afford to hesitate anymore about her feelings anymore (mitsu or caesar).. i guess it will be one of

1- She will choose to try convince caesar and tell him she does have affections for him, snapping him back (possible happy end), which will also likely piss mitsu off and instigate his desertion and betrayal, guessing he will steal excalibur too

2- She will try to convince caesar and fail (Caesar goes back to arthur and becomes their enemy, in this case i can only see it end in tragedy)

3- She will be upset and try to kill him for breaking his promise (though im pretty sure he never agreed to betray arthur before they married)

4- She will be upset but wont care much and say 'ok whatever, i still have mitsu though, so bye' (VERY UNLIKELY!)

Based on the song and imo, 1) is most likely, i just cant see her doing 3 after ep 14, and 4 would be really cruel, too cruel to happen in an episode titled justice.. anyway next episode will be decisive for shippers

The psychological/emotional torture is usually the worse for people like Caesar. It is really cruel and shows Arthur will stoop however low is needed to reach his goals.

Ichi has to. The show really has (Mitsu getting left behinds seems kinda pointless for any other reason) and there hasn't been any true romantic moments for Mitsu and Ichi. Seriously if they were to be the end game couple, they would be so bland it's not even funny. In this ep they could have had a nice romantic moment, but nope, it was talk about Nobu and dominion. Mitsu hasn't told her his feelings, so he's nowhere near honest and straight with them. (Oh, Ichi has to realize that's the reason and that will touch her and maybe make her feel guilty.)

It's definitely going to be. She really can't.

I agree 1 is most likely. I can't see 3 (yeah, that was so NOT part of the deal) or 4 (they wouldn't have shown her worrying about him if she was going to do that) happening at all. Oh, 4 definitely would be too cruel and definitely in Justice. Seriously where would the justic in that be? I do believe 1 have to happen in order for Mitsu to betray Nobu or otherwise when would he get the chance? And he still seems to be wavering so Ichi choosing Caesar will be the last straw (like in one theory Nobu breaking Mitsu's plates was the last straw. XD). Also if Caesar stays with Arthur there would be no reason for Brutus to stab him. Seriously if Caesar is Arthur's loyal follower Brutus coming out and stabbing him would make no sense.
May 26, 2014 4:48 PM
Sep 2012
I just can't picture Mitsu and Ichi together at all, maybe the reason is that I can't stand Mitsu. xD
May 26, 2014 4:56 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:
.....................................................................................

The talk with ichi and mitsu this ep is more like pushing mitsu towards a betrayal (or put him on his path to try be the saviorg) since ichi said, 'it doesnt matter who does it, as long as it is done' so basically why shouldnt mitsu try and be the savior now? btw that caesar has a nice shiny new regalia sword that supposedly gives power to those who desire salvation...

Problem is if ichi brings caesar back, will she also save him from brutus? i cant help but feel that brutus and mitsu will betray nobu and caesar at the same time (maybe they have to team up?) or will ichi and jeanne save their respective men?

Nobu: Mitsu, you are betraying me?
Caesar: et tu, Brutus?

That said i can certainly see Brutus get really pissed with his Lord after he betrays Arthur TWICE for the SAME woman....

Yeah i cant see Mitsu and ichi being together, it sucks as a pair, not to mention he has lied and hidden that he killed her brother for so long... y'know thats actually quite a big deal to hide from nobu and ichi (people who trusts you the most) i cant imagine the show brushing this aside.. maybe they will even discover it next ep (its titled justice after all) and mitsu will run off to arthur..
jfsMay 26, 2014 5:00 PM
May 26, 2014 5:20 PM
May 2014
@Dangoxx: I can't either, it just seems impossible. And dull. Really dull.

jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:
.....................................................................................

The talk with ichi and mitsu this ep is more like pushing mitsu towards a betrayal (or put him on his path to try be the saviorg) since ichi said, 'it doesnt matter who does it, as long as it is done' so basically why shouldnt mitsu try and be the savior now? btw that caesar has a nice shiny new regalia sword that supposedly gives power to those who desire salvation...

Problem is if ichi brings caesar back, will she also save him from brutus? i cant help but feel that brutus and mitsu will betray nobu and caesar at the same time (maybe they have to team up?) or will ichi and jeanne save their respective men?

Nobu: Mitsu, you are betraying me?
Caesar: et tu, Brutus?

That said i can certainly see Brutus get really pissed with his Lord after he betrays Arthur TWICE for the SAME woman....

Yeah i cant see Mitsu and ichi being together, it sucks as a pair, not to mention he has lied and hidden that he killed her brother for so long... y'know thats actually quite a big deal to hide from nobu and ichi (people who trusts you the most) i cant imagine the show brushing this aside.. maybe they will even discover it next ep (its titled justice after all) and mitsu will run off to arthur..

Yeah, it is, like seriously how many people are going to have a little talk with Mitsu? 1st Caesar, then Da Vinci, now Ichi... seriously Mitsu. XD Yeah, I can see Mitsu betraying Nobu and believing himself to be ths savior king, especially after he told Ichi Nobu has changed. Yeah, Caesar's nice new regalia is way too convenient for Mitsu...

That's really the big question. They probably will betray them at the same time. Historically when Mitsu betrayed Nobu, Ichi's 2nd husband wanted to go after Mitsu, but was too busy fighting someone else, so yeah... I do believe Ichi and Jeanne will as for some reason this series doesn't seem that tragic to me. LOL, don't know why though.

That will so totally happen.

For sure Brutus will. And Arthur will probably send Brutus out to kill the interference. Arthur's not going to be pleased with Ichi snapping Caesar out of it twice. Or Brutus could go alone and think he's doing this to save Caesar.

It really does. That really is a big deal to hide that especially from them. I can't see them ignoring that either. What Caesar done could be, but not Mitsu sniping Nobukatsu. I've thought of them finding out next ep. That would definitely get Mitsu on the other side and to pick up Excalibur. He will really be desiring salvation then.
May 26, 2014 5:30 PM
Sep 2012
Just watch Mitsu and Ichi get together though. Mitsu is really obsessed with Ichi.
May 26, 2014 5:40 PM
May 2014
Dangoxx said:
Just watch Mitsu and Ichi get together though. Mitsu is really obsessed with Ichi.

I doubt it, especially since he has his daddy issues and akechi clan that seems to be the focus of his life... and after she finds out he killer her bro and lied to her about it (i doubt theyll just sweep that under the rug) .. i just cant see it especially if he follows up on ep 19 and betrays her bro..

Is it just me or they are making caesar be corrupted now so he can be brought back just in time for mitsu to go the other side?

If you rewatched the first few ep poor nobukatsu was a really pure and kind little boy... mitsu deserves shit for offing him.. and lying about it

And does arthur make people react with awe everytime people see him? jeannes reaction to her vision of arthur seems like she is captivated like ceasar, maybe jeanne, da vinci, and caesar will share info about how they see arthur and realize the guy is a manipulative bastard
May 26, 2014 8:08 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
Dangoxx said:

I doubt it, especially since he has his daddy issues and akechi clan that seems to be the focus of his life... and after she finds out he killer her bro and lied to her about it (i doubt theyll just sweep that under the rug) .. i just cant see it especially if he follows up on ep 19 and betrays her bro..

Is it just me or they are making caesar be corrupted now so he can be brought back just in time for mitsu to go the other side?

If you rewatched the first few ep poor nobukatsu was a really pure and kind little boy... mitsu deserves shit for offing him.. and lying about it

And does arthur make people react with awe everytime people see him? jeannes reaction to her vision of arthur seems like she is captivated like ceasar, maybe jeanne, da vinci, and caesar will share info about how they see arthur and realize the guy is a manipulative bastard

I doubt it too. Suddenly bringing in that about the Akechi clan, which wasn't mentioned before then, would be pretty pointless if Mitsu doesn't act on it. Once all of that is revealed and he betrays Nobu, there's no way Ichi will want to be with him. The only way Mitsu could get her is to kidnap her and force her... and that would be twisted...

Yeah, Caesar was corrupted too soon for it to stick. Generally the sooner it happens the more likely they'll be brought back. While when it happens at the end it's too late.

It seems Arthur does. That's an idea there. And them compiling their information would help Nobu before he faces Arthur. From that they'll probably come up with an idea to beat him.
May 26, 2014 8:15 PM
May 2014
NiteBloomingRose said:
.................................................................................

I guess so.. but if the song is intepreted correctly, its more or less saying no matter what sins mitsu does, she will always have affections and feelings for him, but that now she has fallen for caesar and she wont hesitate about her feelings anymore and that she will 'tell you when you return', well mitsu and ichi has been reunited for 3 ep+ and she hasnt said anything so im sure its caesar, also based on the pv, it seems like she will not hesitate anymore so it fits, we will see , since if this is correct, next ep she will show him she does have feelings for him and this is the only way i can see him coming back...

Japanese 2ch threads and twitter more or less agree with the intepretation that 'she will always love/never forget mitsu, but that she will chose caesar in the end' intepretation...

The wait is killing me...
May 26, 2014 8:32 PM
May 2014
jfs said:
NiteBloomingRose said:
.................................................................................

I guess so.. but if the song is intepreted correctly, its more or less saying no matter what sins mitsu does, she will always have affections and feelings for him, but that now she has fallen for caesar and she wont hesitate about her feelings anymore and that she will 'tell you when you return', well mitsu and ichi has been reunited for 3 ep+ and she hasnt said anything so im sure its caesar, also based on the pv, it seems like she will not hesitate anymore so it fits, we will see , since if this is correct, next ep she will show him she does have feelings for him and this is the only way i can see him coming back...

Japanese 2ch threads and twitter more or less agree with the intepretation that 'she will always love/never forget mitsu, but that she will chose caesar in the end' intepretation...

The wait is killing me...

Forgiving and caring for someone can be different from wanting to be with someone. I definitely agree she won't hate him, but probably be disappointed in him. But even without that about Mitsu revealed I don't think she wants to be with him now. Yeah, Mitsu & Ichi have been reunited all this time and nothing. Even their "sweet" reunion was something positive for Caesar/Ichi. You would think that if she wants to be with Mitsu she would be taking this opportunity. So, imo, Mitsu doesn't stand a chance. Indeed, next ep is their reunion so it has to happen then to fit the song.

That's good to know for sure. I hope this is right here.

Oh, I know what you mean.... it's rough...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2014

98 by Vindicater »»
Jul 16, 2023 5:00 AM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

76 by Dobko »»
Aug 25, 2022 3:53 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2014

79 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:37 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

105 by Dobko »»
Aug 24, 2022 4:10 PM

Poll: » Nobunaga the Fool Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2014

133 by Dobko »»
Aug 23, 2022 5:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.