Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
May 24, 2014 4:41 PM

Mar 2014
Such an intense game! Loved it, especially how Sora won because of his knowledge of science!
May 24, 2014 6:43 PM

Feb 2013
Wow. This episode was intense and so funny too. Had me on the edge of my seat toward the end of their game.
May 25, 2014 5:17 AM

May 2014
I didn't get half of that episode. I'm only 14 so don't really get science that much. But it was an excellent episode. Sora is getting more badass each episode. Can't wait for the next one
May 27, 2014 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
Wow. This is one of the best episodes of anything I've seen in quite some time. Bravo.
May 29, 2014 11:01 AM

Dec 2012
That had to be the best game of shiritori I've ever seen. It was intriguing to see a game that actually had their lives on the line. Plus an extremely creative way to throw in fan-service too. That imouto kiss was completely justified given what was going on.

LOL @ the arrow in the knee part.
May 30, 2014 5:36 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome battle. Jibril is so funny when it comes to anything knowledge lol.
My Candies:
May 31, 2014 8:52 AM
Jan 2014
Best episode so far, EPIC ending. 10/10
Jun 4, 2014 8:08 PM

Dec 2013
Loved this episode. That library was so perfect. And that game was incredible.
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jun 4, 2014 11:05 PM

Apr 2009
There's lots of people asking about the specifics of air and such and how all the technical stuff works. I don't care about all that, I just want to know where the enjoyment in an anime centered around playing games comes from when it's already been decided that the main character(s) CAN NOT LOSE IN A GAME. EVER. Anything interesting that might happen during the game itself is moot if at that point.

This anime can be funny and clever at times, but when it comes to the main story stuff and the game playing, its boring and sometimes just plain dumb.

Jun 5, 2014 12:11 AM

Aug 2008
A nuke didn't work, so instead try a supernova. Nice overkill bro.
Jun 5, 2014 2:40 AM

Jun 2013
Dat science teachings, dat fanservice, dat brother-sister kiss. Asdfghjkl
Woah, my mind blew itself.
Jun 5, 2014 2:54 AM

Jun 2013
Genix said:
A nuke didn't work, so instead try a supernova. Nice overkill bro.

Nuke didn't work, poison didn't work, pressure exploding didn't work, had to resort to supernova. Easily best episode of season.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Jun 8, 2014 5:12 AM

Jan 2012
Bloody amazing episode because bloody amazing game!! Dude. What a fun and insane concept to watch play out.

Of course, the "science" mumbojumbo was inaccurate as shit.
NinahJun 8, 2014 5:19 AM
Jun 8, 2014 12:03 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was as awesome as hell! I'd say by far the best one so far, since this was the last one I just watched a few minutes ago >.<
I CANT STOP FEELING SO GIDDY WATCHING THIS ANIME IDK WHY >.<

Ah yaddayadda? Inaccurate you say? Which part? :O
Jun 8, 2014 5:46 PM

Jul 2009
I would like it more without the whole fanservice...still don't know why I keep watching it, I believe it can turn into something good...
Jun 8, 2014 5:54 PM

Nov 2011
bittersweetlove said:
I would like it more without the whole fanservice...still don't know why I keep watching it, I believe it can turn into something good...

episode 7 gets worse in fan-service (imo)
but episodes 8 and 9 kinda make up for it (episode 9 was pretty good imo)
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jun 8, 2014 6:29 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Am I the only one that questions how Steph or in fact, any of them survived the end result of the game? I mean you don't just live through that, lmao.

Other than that one HUGE and boy do I mean HUGE questionable ending it was awesome and very entertaining. The science behind it all was explained and that's what I like most.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jun 8, 2014 6:37 PM
Oct 2012
Toarujisuru said:
Am I the only one that questions how Steph or in fact, any of them survived the end result of the game? I mean you don't just live through that, lmao.

Other than that one HUGE and boy do I mean HUGE questionable ending it was awesome and very entertaining. The science behind it all was explained and that's what I like most.

The game wasn't reality, as Jibiriru said at the beginning, at the end of the game everything would return back to as it was before the game.

Not sure what you meant by a "questionable" ending, but it might help to know that the point of the game wasn't to win at the game they were playing, but for Sora to prove to Jibiriru that he could have killed her had they played the game for real. That was the rule that Jibiriru had established at the beginning (and confirmed by the conversation immediately after the atomic bomb), and having cleared it, Jibiriru was willing to tie her fortune to Sora's attempt to defeat Tet (which after all was why her race was created).
Jun 8, 2014 6:57 PM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
The game wasn't reality, as Jibiriru said at the beginning, at the end of the game everything would return back to as it was before the game.

Not sure what you meant by a "questionable" ending, but it might help to know that the point of the game wasn't to win at the game they were playing, but for Sora to prove to Jibiriru that he could have killed her had they played the game for real. That was the rule that Jibiriru had established at the beginning (and confirmed by the conversation immediately after the atomic bomb), and having cleared it, Jibiriru was willing to tie her fortune to Sora's attempt to defeat Tet (which after all was why her race was created).

I just re-watched it. Wow, I can't believe I didn't see one of the most important sentences in the entire episode, lmao. What I meant by questionable was the very end result of the implosion of the universe. If everything had not returned to normal I would've been left really confused. I questioned it at first 'cuz I didn't see it specifically stated in the Ten Oaths, but my friend explained it as being under this oath specifically:

">All disputes are to be resolved through the OUTCOME of games

The games are used to resolve things. Meaning the entirety of the game is just to resolve the issue. So it's hard to explain but I guess think of it like the moment you agree to a game and say "Aschente" everything you do after that is only to decide what happens with the dispute. If you die that just means you lose the dispute and everything goes back unless stated other wise with the bets."

Am I to take this as correct? I figured based off of the last game against the human + elf chess game that although it wasn't completely reality, which I accepted. I never really thought about death in these situations and when it was brought up in this episode I had to question it as I like to piece things together. Thank you! Onto the next ep..
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Jun 8, 2014 8:58 PM

Jan 2012
Amazing episode, I haven't had this much fun watching an anime episode since Girls und Panzer.
Another one added to my "List of Awesome Shiritori Episodes."
Jun 8, 2014 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
Toarujisuru said:

So true, the science of it all made it seem really cool and amazing. I hope this anime doesn't end short, it has endless possibilities >.<
Jun 9, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2012
RienneBlackrose said:
Ah yaddayadda? Inaccurate you say? Which part? :O

For example, the lithosphere is partly crust and partly mantle. So by the time he removed crust and mantle, there would have been no lithosphere left. Nothing should've happened when he said lithosphere, and as soon as he said crust/mantle, they all would've noticed right away because they'd be dropping down kilometers on kilometers.

It's disappointing because this is something the author could've googled in 2 seconds or remembered from high school geography. He should be professional enough to care.

I don't remember the specifics of what came after, but I do remember thinking some of them were equally ridiculous.
NinahJun 9, 2014 5:42 PM
Jun 9, 2014 6:46 PM

May 2013
That was the most fun game of shiritori that I have ever seen. It's always fun to see Steph get humiliated. She is a great butt-monkey.
Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a problem.
Jun 11, 2014 5:05 PM
Mar 2014
this show is fucking amazing

and what was his reason to tounge his sister?
Jun 13, 2014 5:37 AM

Oct 2012
I just can't see Jibril's personality like that.. It hurts xD
Sure just "wings"

Josei fuku!!!
Omega gj-bu
But why did I feel a bit betrayed? There's something missing... xD

Only oxygen = toxic?
Coulomb force??
I think I need to learn physics & chemistry more to understand this T_T

Too overkill
This will bring shiritori into another level

Lol @ preview
"I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee"
"Signature removed"
Jun 14, 2014 9:53 PM

Oct 2013
Holy crap, so much science in this episode. Making learning fun!

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 17, 2014 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
That preview... I was about to write something serious about this episode then the line comes in: "I used to be a gamer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..." total throw back xD.

Anyways... awesome win... Even though it's obvious that they have to be the winners I was not sure anymore what they could do... Last option about not being able to speak I thought they'd use that paper or the tablet but could not really think of something like Coulomb's force/law.. considering this is only the 2nd time I ever heard of it.
Jun 22, 2014 12:48 PM

Aug 2012
Translating that shiratori game must have been something else.
Jun 22, 2014 9:44 PM

Jun 2014
The science involved in the shiritori game was clever, but not perfectly accurate.

I have a post on my blog that analyzes the science involved in the episode.

If you want to check it out, click the link below.

http://rthoranimeblog.blogspot.com/search/label/Science

Anyways, I really like No Game No Life. You can see the use of math, rhetoric, science, and so much more!
RThorJun 23, 2014 2:54 PM
Jun 23, 2014 3:04 PM

Dec 2010
The fanservice felt pretty forced to me, as Jibril's accession to the team did.
Jun 25, 2014 5:37 AM

May 2013
Jibril was great but the kiss between Sora and Shiro was kinda weird. The ending to that game was pretty intense though.
Jun 25, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
This series is shaping up to be my new all-time favorite. Love just about everything about it thus far, and no other series have kept me laughing nearly as much as this one does. 11/10

And that skyrim reference in the ending... so unexpected I couldn't help but burst.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Jun 25, 2014 2:25 PM

May 2012
Impressive episode, that's what I call a real word chain game! Damn that was just wow with how Sora handled everything! Great episode and well Jibril sure is one interesting character :3

Dat service :3
Jun 28, 2014 5:58 AM

Jun 2013
good thing i spent a half a year on physics as i was able to understand half of what was going on during the game
Jun 29, 2014 1:05 AM

Aug 2009
KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS <3 <3 <3
Jul 12, 2014 5:14 AM
May 2012
What the fuck?!?! They don't have nipples?!?! They kissed each other?!?! They killed Steph?!?! They fucking won!!

I am not good at physics and shits like that, but this episode is really good. This episode really impressed me.
I gotta say that Sora is pretty badass. Hey, if they keep on treating Steph like that, then it will start to annoy the shit out of me!!
Jibril is <3 Tamura Yukari really sounds like Kitamura Eri.......and I love them both <3
Jul 13, 2014 4:36 AM

May 2013
Epic episode.
Jul 16, 2014 5:57 AM

May 2014
Love it! Jibril is totally awesome. That was the best game up to now. Sora is badass as usual, with his invincible plans. He even made physics look fun!

Is weird how NGNL is motivating me on learning.
Jul 20, 2014 10:36 AM
Mar 2013
Woah, this is the best anime episode I've ever seen in my life. I love their tactics.
Jul 24, 2014 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
Easily the best episode. The forced incest fanservice was cringey though.
Jul 28, 2014 1:49 PM
Sep 2011
guyklc said:

First off, the game should have ended (if I'm correct) once oxygen disappeared.

Ya, no oxygen in brain = unconsciousness.
Jul 28, 2014 3:08 PM

Nov 2013
Andrew_Co7 said:
guyklc said:

First off, the game should have ended (if I'm correct) once oxygen disappeared.

Ya, no oxygen in brain = unconsciousness.
I bet they can hold their breath for a few seconds.
Jul 30, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2013
HelghastKillzone said:
This has to be one of the most balls to the wall episode I've seen this year rivaling Kill la Kill. H-Bomb to Coulomb Force-induced HyperNova.

Haha that is what I thought, too! Though that huge explosion was awesome and the game was really interesting, too.
Aug 4, 2014 12:37 AM

May 2011
Lmao this episode was fantastic and that was one extremely entertaining game to watch. God damn it, I lol'd a bit too hard at Sora's unexpected randomness though. Starting everything off outta nowhere with a hydrogen bomb and then without hesitation erased everyone's vagina. Caught me completely off guard haha. Now, that was a brilliant plan to get all of the girls naked without any censoring problems. Great job my man.

:( Poor Steph though haha.
Aug 6, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2010
wow, that entire episode was completely amazing! shiritori seems like one hell of a game <3
Aug 14, 2014 7:11 AM

Jun 2014
Very good game,but I'm not too found of the fanservice.
Aug 14, 2014 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
This is amazing so far.
Aug 15, 2014 5:48 AM
Sep 2013
Lol this episode. Jibril got taken down by Sora. Funny how excited she got when she started to drool over the tablet and how much she loves information. Sora once again pulls off the you where beat when we started. Poor Steph is still a dog for a day and actually died while they were playing. XD
Aug 21, 2014 11:21 PM

Jul 2014
Jibril is so pretty.
Aug 27, 2014 7:00 PM

Nov 2010
From wing fetish to an insane word game
The things coming to life was really done well

Jibril is fascination to knowledge was cute to see
Pages (15) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
5 hours ago

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.