Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 1, 2014 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, I found little Tokaku to be cute.

I think they'll probably remove the censors in the BDs for the bath scenes. Anyways, looks like Haruki's turn this week. The fight scenes were okay I guess. Haruki vs. Tokaku :p. Oh well, at least Haruki put up a decent effort.
Stark700May 1, 2014 10:40 AM
May 1, 2014 10:35 AM

May 2013
Tokuku? And she "should" have died with all of that.
May 1, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
Mizusi said:
Tokuku? And she "should" have died with all of that.

Fixed. Maybe I should refer to her as Azuma later on.
May 1, 2014 10:51 AM

May 2013
Alright. And is it wrong that the best part of this episode for me was the teacher's scream? He worked so hard, the poor guy. The hug was nice too.
May 1, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2013
Azuma with her family was interesting I guess. A play...really? Haruki's fight to me had far more depth than the previous two. Hopefully they'll keep going in this direction. The teachers scream was quite funny.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
May 1, 2014 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
Even though I already read the manga, it somehow really hit me hard when Haruki said that Haru would still smile even if Azuma died. Also love the OST that was playing during that scene.

I actually liked this episode. Seriously thought Haruki was going to die near the end, but I guess she just gets to go home now.
May 1, 2014 7:35 PM

Jun 2013
Haruki went home. Next week, who's next?
May 1, 2014 10:08 PM

Jul 2010
Was just about to sleep, clicked refresh and this came out!
Haruki is the big sister of such a big family! Glad that she didn't die.
Still for Haruki to attempt at such risk, just wanting her family to smile, she was a nice person. The teacher's dramatic scream at the end xD
When Azuma was young she was cute, though she looked somewhat like a boy.
May 1, 2014 10:14 PM

May 2013
Mizusi said:
Alright. And is it wrong that the best part of this episode for me was the teacher's scream? He worked so hard, the poor guy. The hug was nice too.

I just lol'd when that happened. I guess he was looking forward to it.
May 1, 2014 10:18 PM
Jul 2018
Haruki vs Tokaku was average.

Haruki didn't died. The teacher's scream at the end was the best part of this episode.
May 1, 2014 10:24 PM

Sep 2013
So it will be an assassin of the week formula :/

Decent back story and an alright fight.

"Noooooo!" Best moment this episode :P Poor guy.

Cool ED

I wonder if there is any kind of punishment for losing?
May 1, 2014 10:47 PM

Jan 2009
1. Namatame x kirigaya playing romeo & juliet was perfect

2. Ty for the hot tub fanservice

3. Meh, another assassin of the week taken down. At least the fight was intense

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 1, 2014 10:54 PM
Nov 2013
Hmmm. So it will be the assassin of the week kind of thing (not that it really bothers me). I hope the fights get even more intense.

Seriously though, this is Danganronpa with yuri.
May 1, 2014 10:55 PM

Feb 2014
Its always Romeo and Juliet isn't it? I've never seen an anime do any other play.

I like the backstory/reasoning for the assassins to be there I kind of wish we got more stuf, also the fights are really good but get finished once we get into them too.

Oh and what happens when they fail? I know they get kicked out but they always leave flowers which makes me think they killed them for failing the job.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 1, 2014 11:10 PM

Feb 2010
Many Chitaru and Kirigaya's scene in the manga didn't showed in this episode, maybe they will show them later?
...and Haruki is so cool :D
May 1, 2014 11:47 PM

Jan 2011
Haru's eyes looked flirtatious when she hugged Azuma from behind. Poor sensei.
May 1, 2014 11:53 PM

Apr 2013
Poor sensei. He's just an innocent bystander.
May 2, 2014 12:07 AM

Jul 2013
So another assassin has been expelled, though at least she is still alive. At least we get a little backstory for Tokaku and Haruki for her siblings. Haruki was cool but sad that she is gone :(

The action was good, though I like how they shift into blue phase into red phase tbh. The teacher shouting was pretty funny XD.

May 2, 2014 1:48 AM

Dec 2010
Nice to get some backstory on Tokaku. The Romeo and Juliet scene was particularly yuri-tastic, as was Haru's hug near the end of the episode.

Unfortunately, one of my two favorites led the charge this week, and of course will no longer be appearing, which is surprising since I had her pegged to be in it for the long haul. Well, the cast is getting smaller, so each one will be getting more screen time probably!

As for next week, I predict we will lose either Suzu or Shiena. Since I feel they are contributing the least...(Even though Suzu is my favorite...)
May 2, 2014 2:04 AM

Feb 2012
DAMN I have a feeling that this Haru is the mastermind of all these shits happening.

HARUKI ;___; WHY???? DAMN. She was such a good character.
May 2, 2014 2:45 AM

Dec 2012
K... I've reached the "information card" of the episode (so haven't read any comments yet) but with the "family structure" of the Azuma and Kuzunoha clans, doesn't that mean Tokaku would become heir of the Kuzunoha clan? Judging by what her grandmother said? She said she was the heir to the main clan. Which judging from my knowledge based on other anime that cover clan politics, if Azuma is the branch family, and Kuzunoha the main family, then when she said "main clan" then she meant Kuzunoha right?

EDIT: Also I can't wait for the BDs. I hate censorship of any kind! Glad there are some anime that do ATX releases with uncensored content and then just ramp it up for the BD release or include "OVAs" with over the top content.

EDIT2: Fight scene was rather short, but still I really liked it. I'm glad Haruki didn't die. I actually really liked her.
xPreatorianxMay 2, 2014 3:29 AM
May 2, 2014 3:35 AM

Dec 2011
The fight Haruki put up was decent, although Tokaku was clearly stronger.

Poor sensei, his play and stage is now in ruins.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 2, 2014 3:36 AM

Dec 2012
StefanMZ said:
The fight Haruki put up was decent, although Tokaku was clearly stronger.

Poor sensei, his play and stage is now in ruins.

Ya. I enjoyed the fight this episode. Still wish they were longer but I guess that's to be expected of a 13 episode series. At least it doesn't feel rushed to hell and back like this week's black bullet. Evidently they absolutely MURDERED all the plot, etc for that episode.

EDIT: I'm also wondering if there truly is no punishment for losing besides the expulsion? Given how everything is set up, I'm wondering if the assassins who failed are secretly executed? Or is it up to whoever sent them, etc? I mean I guess a failed contract is punishment enough as it tarnishes your reputation as an assassin therefore you are much more unlikely to get a new contract from a future client, then you would if you succeeded.

EDIT2: Also I liked the ending hug between Tokaku and Haru! But is it just me or did Haru kind of look like she was being a bit sadistic with her expression? Or did I confuse that look with a flirtatious look?
xPreatorianxMay 2, 2014 3:55 AM
May 2, 2014 4:41 AM

Jul 2013
OMG the bullshit!!! All of them happened to stand in the gaps?

For once I thought "wow Haruki's a competent assassin" because she did what everyone should've done from the beginning (handing a notice and then waste no time to kill) but then what did she do? choose a killing method that offers chance for resistance and took a long time to execute.

Have these assassins never heard of guns, knife, or any kind of blunt object? Haruki could've stabbed Haru's neck (fatal injury) or bludgeon her to death or shot her head and be done with it. Just because she made that inquiry to Nio doesn't mean she has to force herself to do a suicide-murder. That's just stupid!

How did a girl with a seemingly wholesome family (albeit most likely orphaned) become an assassin in the first place anyway? when exactly did she receive the training to become one?

The only good things in this episode were the fan service and ending song.
MoeGodMay 2, 2014 4:44 AM
May 2, 2014 6:53 AM

Jul 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
OMG the bullshit!!! All of them happened to stand in the gaps?

For once I thought "wow Haruki's a competent assassin" because she did what everyone should've done from the beginning (handing a notice and then waste no time to kill) but then what did she do? choose a killing method that offers chance for resistance and took a long time to execute.

Have these assassins never heard of guns, knife, or any kind of blunt object? Haruki could've stabbed Haru's neck (fatal injury) or bludgeon her to death or shot her head and be done with it. Just because she made that inquiry to Nio doesn't mean she has to force herself to do a suicide-murder. That's just stupid!

How did a girl with a seemingly wholesome family (albeit most likely orphaned) become an assassin in the first place anyway? when exactly did she receive the training to become one?

The only good things in this episode were the fan service and ending song.

Yup the anime trailer had me fooled because this junk is bad ESPECIALLY with a dumb MC who knows everyone wants to kill her and still plays dumb and even tries to be their friends on top of all that is just stupid just complete nonsense, only so much I can take so I'm done with this.
May 2, 2014 7:07 AM
Jan 2014
Tokaku's got dem knife skills.
I have to admit, Haruki's threads looked pretty cool.
I'm glad that she made it out alive.
I wish the fight scenes lasted a bit longer than this.
That 48 hour one-time chance is really dulling out the action.
It is rather intense but I'd prefer if they came up with some other rules.
May 2, 2014 8:07 AM

Mar 2014
awww no more haruki x isuke-sama scenes , wonder who will go next week
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2014 8:30 AM

May 2013
That was a good episode, I feel sorry for the sensei, the set is all destroyed :c
May 2, 2014 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
The best episode since the 48 hours murder thing begun.

I liked Haruki, and she putted up a pretty decent fight, at least better than the first two..

Pretty shit the way Tokaku and Haru survived, but well..
May 2, 2014 9:26 AM

Mar 2014
3 down 9 to go
May 2, 2014 10:54 AM
Oct 2013
Why did Haruki have to go so soon :c
She was my favorite character
May 2, 2014 10:56 AM
Oct 2013
Bluuberry said:
DAMN I have a feeling that this Haru is the mastermind of all these shits happening.

HARUKI ;___; WHY???? DAMN. She was such a good character.

Yeah she was awesome :3
May 2, 2014 11:40 AM

Jul 2013
I freaking love Haruki character, that ending ? Was goddam cool, I would see several episodes dedicated to her... Therefore good on you show for having such a good character...

But then what happens ? They fucking get her off the show... with close to none screen time... So much potential wasted... Goddamit

At least we still got Nio *-*
May 2, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 2013
A sharp metal knuckle punch to the face must hurt like sh!t. :O

Why is everyone saying she's alive? I didn't see anything confirming it, she could be killed offscreen :(

Why didn't she use a gun? why didn't Jack the Ripper use a gun?! huh? answer that one.
There are people with guns see the rich chick.
ichii_1May 2, 2014 12:18 PM
May 2, 2014 12:17 PM

Mar 2014
"What do you need in order to let a caged bird free?"

I will choose Compassion :D
May 2, 2014 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
Decent ep. I loved that fight though.
I wonder whose turn will it be at next week~
I'm loving Nio more.
And that "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"... LOL. Poor sensei. I think that was the best part on this ep ww
May 2, 2014 1:46 PM

Mar 2014
The action was so short. The teacher's reaction was pretty funny though. This anime sure has a lot of shower scenes, not that I'm complaining.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
May 2, 2014 1:51 PM

Feb 2012
Haruki was a great character
May 2, 2014 2:06 PM
Aug 2012
Ok now Haru's starting to piss me off and this is turning episodic.. and there goes one of my fav characters.. Wish the fights were longer.
May 2, 2014 2:06 PM

Jun 2013
Nice episode.

I liked Haruki's style, using the strings to kill. It felt more assassin like when she attacked Haru.

At first Haruki looked like a strong killer and I didn't expect her to have a nice side like taking care of her family and all. It was surprising.

I did want her to put up a much better fight and not just nicely give up. I expected her to be one of the strongest of the assassin girls.

The Azuma-Haruki fight was nice with good animations and all.

That blonde one (I don't remember her name) is kinda weird. A carefree type girl who only cares about the outcome, whether the target was eliminated or not. Sort of a comedic girl I must say. Always trying to make jokes and stuff with a smile (mostly evil) on her face.
May 2, 2014 2:32 PM

Sep 2011
Even though I already read the manga, it somehow really hit me hard when Haruki said that Haru would still smile even if Azuma died.

Yeah that part got me because it's probably true. I have a feeling that was what was bothering Akuma later too. I hope they explore that and dont' just drop the point.
May 2, 2014 3:10 PM
Oct 2011
The fight was cool and all but Haru's naivety is kind of annoying me.
End hug was nice I guess.

For now I'm in for the Yuri. I hope it gets a bit better from now on.
May 2, 2014 3:35 PM

Feb 2013
Boring. No surprises. What did i expect from this episode anyway?

May 2, 2014 3:57 PM

Sep 2013
This was a great episode. However, I'm a little bit disappointed about Haruki being the one who was removed from Class Black...

She always reminded me of Kyouko from Madoka Magica.
May 2, 2014 4:02 PM
Mar 2014
aww didnt want to see haruki go....
May 2, 2014 4:18 PM
Sep 2012
Enjoyed this episode more than the previous one, only because Haruki's background. Aside from that she is one of my favourite and glad that she didn't die, but Nio is awesome too. ^_^
"Once you miss the opportunity to say something, the words become increasingly toxic."
May 2, 2014 4:25 PM

Aug 2008
Aw...I really liked Haruki...:( Guess no more screen time for her
May 2, 2014 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
Mizusi said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Namatame and Kirigiya, damn they were cute.

Love the battle this ep.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

May 2, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2010
One of most interesting girls (best girl is still Nio tho) is out.Hopefully im wrong and they aren't actually killed after they fail to assasinate Haru.
Another great ED.
May 2, 2014 4:46 PM

Jul 2012
Haruki~! D: No~!
She was cool....WAS cool....but now she failed her mission of assassination....and failed at killing herself, and now she's gone. :/
Oh well....anyways....

Pretty decent episode: Haruki's weapons were some sort of spiked fists....right? Pretty cool, a fist fight.....against someone with a knife. owo
Nice. :3

Can't wait to see who's next in the assassination trial. :P
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

124 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2014

179 by XoTimoteo »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

369 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 29, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Male version of akuma no riddle

CrimsonCandy - Jun 8, 2014

14 by Guillepecado »»
Aug 27, 2023 8:11 PM

Poll: » Akuma no Riddle Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Mar 31, 2014

311 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Oct 11, 2022 6:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.