Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 22, 2014 8:24 PM

Sep 2011
VanishingKira said:
Satire said:
This series is getting cheesier by the episode.
^This.Rushed as hell too.

Enju beating the spider was pretty cool,I guess.

Honestly can't seem to care about any of the characters.

Edit: Also when Rentarou was going to get killed by the masked man I thought ohh,he's going to die just like Eren...

Agreed they layered the cheesiness on super thick this episode. I wished he had died that would have made a great plot twist, but sadly no he lives and I'm dropping cause it's just to hard to watch this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2014 8:42 PM

Sep 2012
I've only read the manga so I can't comment on the LN. Everything has been rushed all the way to hell. As a stand alone episode it was rather good, but it's only a shadow of what this episode could've been. They cut out the Silence of the Lamb reference and the Terminator reference. Kisara had little to no screen time. The scenes also failed to stand next MORINO Hon's style too.

K1NGSL4YER said:

I'm interested in this as well. If I remember correctly, Shogen ordered Kayo to kill a civil security pair? I recall Shogen being rather rough, but I don't remember him being an actual criminal.
IronLobsterApr 22, 2014 8:54 PM
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Apr 22, 2014 8:47 PM
Apr 2014
That'd be light novel. Shogen was actually a pretty decent guy in the manga. The light novel, he's definitely scum.
Apr 22, 2014 8:57 PM

Jun 2007
RuinsInTheWind said:
Holy crap they are rushing through the scenes/condensing the animation lol. Seems like they were short on time, even last week's ending wasn't officially done... Well, I'm still happy to watch this, but they are seriously cutting a lot of dialogue, moments felt a bit rushed. Still epic, but wish they'd slow down so they can explain things a bit more for people who don't read the manga/light novel (I do, so I know there's a lot of things they should have included). Guess they are on a tight schedule.

Then again, it's hard to top Morino Hon's epic moments in the manga (holy shit especially chapter 16), ah the potential that could have been lol...

On the positive side, the scenes although short, were well done.

I was gonna ask this. I haven't read the manga but this episode had horrible pacing. It was ALL OVER THE PLACE. Things are happening that are not being explained (ex. Rentarou clearly fell off a cliff into water and now he's safe and sound in a hospital...). Characters where in places that they should not have been in. One second Enju is in bed waiting for Rentaro to wake up and the next she's at the door waiting for him because in the span of 10 mins while she was sleeping Rentaro suddenly has another mission even though just seconds ago he was inches away from being dead. I'm hoping this pacing is just for the first few episodes. There's seriously no way this show is going to be enjoyable if they don't slow it down and start building substance and detail to the story.
Apr 22, 2014 9:26 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode, I'm liking this anime more and more

Enju and Rentarou's friendship TT___TT

Apr 22, 2014 9:34 PM

Jun 2013
I hate to be cliché (no I don't), but...

Well that escalated quickly. Agree that pacing was all whacked out.

Damn, Rentarou wakes up after a day and 3 hours after essentially being killed, and then Kisara gets right down to business. Give the guy a cig or something, he needs a second to chill out!

On the other hand, I feel like they built up the discrimination of the Cursed Children really well. I felt Enju's pain. It was sad hearing her say, "I don't want to give in" and ask Rentarou if she protected everyone at school.

Also, Enju/Rentarou fist bump for the win.
Apr 22, 2014 9:40 PM

Sep 2010
A little sad that it feels so rushed. And like people have pointed out, it seems like they cut alot out

However with that said, this is one of the shows I look most forward to every week. The story is interesting, the art is lovely, and I'm really curious to how it ends. Since they are rushing so much I'm going to guess this will only have 12 episodes which sort of sucks ;-(.
Apr 22, 2014 9:45 PM

Nov 2013
Yo Rentarou aren't you a lil too invincible? Getting shot and stabbed all over and still living like that?

I wonder if the masked guy is gonna be the villain for the whole season or they're gonna defeat him for this arc and move on to another bad guy.
Apr 22, 2014 10:06 PM
Oct 2010
xxdeathx said:
Yo Rentarou aren't you a lil too invincible? Getting shot and stabbed all over and still living like that?

I wonder if the masked guy is gonna be the villain for the whole season or they're gonna defeat him for this arc and move on to another bad guy.

Well from what I got from the episode, it felt like they were heavily implying Rentarou had the same thing done to him as the mask guy. Which is why he would be able to recover from that (mask guy recovered from a broken neck).
Apr 22, 2014 10:06 PM

Jul 2012
badass.

Apr 22, 2014 10:16 PM

Jun 2013
That epic fist bump. Enju has the best smile
Apr 22, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2013
OF COURSE THE MC HAS TO BE A SUPERMAN.

I mean what kind of MC dies after getting shot and stabbed multiple times? no one! Of course he had been operated on many years ago, of course he has (most likely) the same body as the evil guy, of course after getting beaten so badly he recuperates and act like he can now defeat the bad guy somehow.

Next episode, muscle guy dies but MC saves the day.. or not.
Apr 22, 2014 10:34 PM

Sep 2010
Before I even had time to process what just happened, they already moved onto the next scene...
Spring 2014: NANANA WINS ALL.
Check out my blog :) http://castlebell.blogspot.com/
Apr 22, 2014 10:41 PM

Mar 2013
Quite rush, remember guys this is an adaption from the light novel not the manga, the manga included quite a number of original scenes which wasn't in the light novel, though I guess we can say good bye volume 1 by episode 4 (sigh).
Apr 22, 2014 10:55 PM
Jul 2007
I've tried to give a chance to this anime, but so far it has been very mediocre. First thing I thought after 3 episodes was this was as lame as guilty crown. Low and behold, Guilty Crown is in the recommendations. They ripped off some Magi music in that campfire scene, and they obviously ripped off Attack on Titan's intro music... this anime is so boring. Nothing interesting happens AT all; no shits given about the story.
Apr 22, 2014 10:59 PM

May 2013
Horrible episode.
Apr 22, 2014 11:00 PM

Apr 2013
was I suppose to feel sad when Enju started crying after defeating the gastrea? it was more annoying than anything else.
Nonon_Jakuzure said:
Horrible episode.
Apr 22, 2014 11:25 PM

Sep 2008
They made such a big deal of Enju disappearing in the last episode and now she appears like it never even happened.

I really hate how this anime handles all of its exposition by having characters explain stuff to each other when both characters already know whatever is being explained.

So far, every single scene in this anime with the doc has been extremely boring.
Apr 22, 2014 11:47 PM

Dec 2013
I was quite critical of the first two episodes, moreso the second than the first, but this episode was really good and set things up rather nicely. The pace was strong and the story flowed from plot point to plot point, without anything in between to draw your attention away.

I'm assuming that since the MC isn't able to fight the masked guy very well that whatever was done to him in the surgery ten years ago isn't quite the same as the masked man. Probably something similar, but more advanced and dormant for the time being. Should be cool either way.

I really hated Enju at first, I found her to be really annoying, but she grew on me this episode. I could relate to her pain, the discrimination and bullying was portrayed very well. Her reactions to it were handled nicely as well, I find myself liking her much more now.

I also found the scene with Senju to be done quite well, I could follow it and feel for her. The feelings of having killed someone for her scumbag, knowing that it's wrong but having to force herself to accept it. Her statement about not wanting to deny the MCs words was beautiful. I have a feeling scumbag will be around for a while, but I'd much rather Senju join up with the MC.

All in all, I'll give this one a 7/10
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 22, 2014 11:49 PM

Feb 2014
They have got everything right so far except the pacing, these past 3 episodes have enough content to easily fill 5-6. Its getting rushed too much. Besides that the story, animation and characters are all great.
Apr 22, 2014 11:51 PM
Jul 2013
This was kinda disappointing :< Rush I suggest you guys read the manga because they were important parts that were been removed.

I started to like Kayo because of that chapter but they removed and changed it well its expected though. She's now a boring type on the anime compare to the manga. :<

dhenz07Apr 22, 2014 11:58 PM
Apr 23, 2014 12:10 AM
Jul 2011
i honestly dont know what happening not sure i should read the manga...
Apr 23, 2014 12:21 AM

Jul 2012
Enju is so bomb.
Apr 23, 2014 12:30 AM
Feb 2009
wtf thought he died there
Apr 23, 2014 12:31 AM

Oct 2009
5596050 said:
Quite rush, remember guys this is an adaption from the light novel not the manga, the manga included quite a number of original scenes which wasn't in the light novel, though I guess we can say good bye volume 1 by episode 4 (sigh).

i'm already read summary LN vol 1, yup pretty rush and cut so many, but episode 3 only half to the ending of vol 1 LN. So i think we will got epilog of vol 1 LN in episode 6 or 7.

*sorry for my bad english
ranoaApr 23, 2014 12:41 AM
Apr 23, 2014 12:46 AM

Jul 2013
ranoa said:
5596050 said:

i'm already read summary LN vol 1, yup pretty rush and cut so many, but episode 3 only half to the ending of vol 1 LN. So i think we will got epilog of vol 1 LN in episode 6 or 7.

*sorry for my bad english

you think so? from the preview many suggested that they would end the vol 1 in the next episode... and with seeing how this one has been rushed, it is possible. unless they dont cut anything anymore (hoping hoping >_<)
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 23, 2014 12:55 AM

Dec 2010
Another good episode! I don't have any problems with the pacing, and like the speed its moving at for the most part, although some more development into the racism aspects would be nice, but that's probably coming.

I quite like Shogen's partner, Kayo I believe? She seems like she could be an interesting character. I feel like Shogen's going to die at some point, and Rentaro is going to have to take her in...
Apr 23, 2014 1:03 AM

Feb 2014
too rush...

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Apr 23, 2014 1:08 AM

Oct 2009
Urek said:
you think so? from the preview many suggested that they would end the vol 1 in the next episode... and with seeing how this one has been rushed, it is possible. unless they dont cut anything anymore (hoping hoping >_<)

Well...
Apr 23, 2014 1:21 AM

Oct 2013
I wonder what that female doctor did to Renatro in the past.

Apr 23, 2014 1:30 AM

Feb 2013
Saskee said:
I wonder what that female doctor did to Renatro in the past.

as do I.

Like OP said, this episode also felt rushed. This series seems like it could get good or horrible bad. I guess I'll just sit and watch.
Apr 23, 2014 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
The average anime character has 500 gallons of blood
Apr 23, 2014 2:12 AM

Jul 2013
That was a pretty good episode, but I agree with everyone saying that it is fast paced. Probably thato is the only issue I will be having with.

I like the development between Rentaro and Enju. The action scenes were satisfying and Kagetane is too much of an OP villain. Next episode should be good.

Apr 23, 2014 2:19 AM

Jul 2013
ranoa said:
Urek said:

Well...

lets pray that they would make 2 episodes. it would be befitting to end at the

yeah could work out. but i am worried because of the final scene in the preview, seems enju walking down an alley, it seems for me a part of the epiloge (unless i am confusing something?)
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Apr 23, 2014 3:50 AM

Dec 2013
Man this episode... a bit farfetched with the part where Rentarou was stabbed with two machete/blades through the stomach, slashed around, smashed against a rock, and shot through the heart, somehow he manages to recover within 1 day and 3 hours and the first thing he does when he gets up is to go out with Ensu and kill the man that almost killed him. Aside from that, this episode was pretty good. I got to see Ensu feeling kind of jealous and the new girl, another cursed child, i just feel sooo bad for her. Makes me feel sad deep down. What kind of monster is her promoter ordering a little girl to kill other humans and other initiators. Its just wrong. Also he treats her as a "tool". Seriously that man needs to die and I hope that little girl can join Enru being Rentarou's 2nd initiator, enlarging their "family". It'll be pretty awesome!
I'll rate this episode a 5/5 just because I really liked the action scenes though it may be a little unclear at times. Overall, nice episode, can't wait for next week.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Apr 23, 2014 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
How the hell did he survive. Though I did like how the lighting changed and the ost that played when the masked guy showed up. Definitely looking forward to next week. 4/5
Apr 23, 2014 4:18 AM

Nov 2013
Judging by some saying things are left out in this adaptation, I might just go to the original instead. How in the world did he receive all those injuries and turn out to be just fine? Phantom Renegade, I mean...Kagetane Hiruko is starting to get on my nerves.

4/5, I'm not going to lie, I was still entertained.
LoL summoner name: Dongblaster
Steam: We're Andr Attack
3DS FC 5472-7177-5620
Please PM me before adding any of these
Apr 23, 2014 4:59 AM

Mar 2012
I really really love Black Bullet but this anime is so rushed and fast pace :(
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 23, 2014 5:19 AM

Dec 2013
Plot armor in full effect. The gastrea seem like total pushovers (not to mention they look like lame bugs instead of scary monsters, that T-Rex gastrea was laughable) and I'm supposed to feel like they are super dangerous unstoppable aliens?
Apr 23, 2014 5:25 AM

Mar 2014
I'm liking this show, I'll probably read the manga after this finishes, even though there doesn't seem to be a lot of manga material yet.

For some reason I want Rentarou to end up with an army of loli initiators XD
Apr 23, 2014 5:41 AM

Oct 2013
enju is sooo cute. but not near the level of shinobu
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 23, 2014 6:23 AM

May 2013
I nearly thought that Rentaro died! Asdfghjkl.

But, smelling the darker side of the side is getting darker interesting. I wonder what would be the outcome of this mission? Hmmmm...
The world shall know the truth soon.
Apr 23, 2014 6:23 AM

Feb 2012
Does Rentaro have fast regeneration powers or something coz he sustained critical injuries, then he gets fully recovered after 1 day and 3 or so hours? Crazy impossible!!

Enju and Kayo are so cuuuuuuuuuute!

Rentaro should become the ruler of the initiator kingdom, should there be one. lol! He cares and can take care of all those little girls.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 23, 2014 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
Lol, all these comments complaining about his recovery. Just after he fell, we're hinted at a possibility of his body being turned to something by the doctor to save his life, could be parts of Gastrea or Vanadium implanted in him, just like Kagetane. Wonder if there's any hidden power in him waiting to be awaken later, lol.

Apr 23, 2014 7:58 AM

Oct 2012
Even with the fast pace, still enjoying this. But I guess I gotta read the manga some day.
Apr 23, 2014 8:28 AM

Jul 2008
Pretty decent episode compared to the previous ones, I feel for Enju but Rentarou trying to be righteous all the time really ticks me off. I'm sure in the future they will explain to us how did Rentarou survived the attacks years back, hope it's not something predictable such as his body has the same Varanium like Hiruko but he just hasn't discover his real abilities yet.
Apr 23, 2014 9:40 AM
Nov 2011
YumeNoMonogatari said:
RuinsInTheWind said:
Poor Kisara gets shafted AGAIN XD (she's missing SEVERAL scenes... (in the light novel when Rentaro wakes up, he sees how beautiful Kisara is when she was crying, and he asks "is this heaven?" "This is hell, you idiot Rentaro." (LOL) Rooftop scene cut. Seitenshi got cut a bit too :P... when the kids confront Enju, the scene should have been longer. Rentaro's past encounter with Sumire/Doctor was cut a LOT. (I know why they cut certain parts though, it'll be explained anyways). Rentaro should also have made a terminator reference when talking to the doctor (sumire is a western movie collector, when he say's ill be back in like possibly the worst imitation, Sumire LOSES HER SHIT XD) (should have been more emotional, Sumire lost her lover in the war, and lost her way for quite a while). When they are wandering the outer regions in the forest, you should be feeling a sense of dread, something unnaturally wrong with the forest (Gastrea have taken over the entire forest) It should feel alien, and insanity should have been setting in for our two heros. Yea, they cut quite a bit :P

The rooftop scene wasn't in the LN either if I remember correctly.
I haven't watched the episode yet but I'm already so sad that the Terminator reference got cut. I wanted to see it so badly T_T

I feel you bro....

Jump to conclusions, story rush, missing good parts, suddenly the manga looks better than the anime. HOWEVER, I get why they have rushed the anime (time constrains) and they still made it easy to understand for people who have only watched the anime. So it's all good.
Apr 23, 2014 9:40 AM

Dec 2013
i wonder how Satomi could survive from those attacks.
Apr 23, 2014 9:44 AM
Nov 2011
E_1999 said:
Plot armor in full effect. The gastrea seem like total pushovers (not to mention they look like lame bugs instead of scary monsters, that T-Rex gastrea was laughable) and I'm supposed to feel like they are super dangerous unstoppable aliens?

That is so funny but true. If they had decrease the pace of the anime by a bit, they could build that atmosphere that makes us "feel like they are super dangerous unstoppable aliens"
Apr 23, 2014 9:56 AM

Jul 2008
Is Yuki Kaiji in a one man competition to out emo himself? At least in Noragami, the character he voiced had a personality that realistically meshed with his seiyuu style. But this? Every time Satomi gets worked up over Enju, I cringe at the overacting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY

Does anyone else keep thinking of stomach viruses whenever they hear or read the word 'gastrea'?
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

520 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.