Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 13, 2014 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
Really not bad so far. It isn't all that rushed, and Murakami and Kuroha's motives are being conveyed with the right timing and direction, so it doesn't just feel forced. Still very wary about the pacing once the plot starts really progressing, though.
StevenHu said:
Ryouta Murakami needs to stop thinking about how Neko Kuroha reminds him of Kuroneko and start thinking about everything else at hand.
That is literally dragging down his supposedly intelligent character and my enjoyment of this show.
He is thinking about their situation, that was made pretty clear when he said he couldn't leave her alone knowing she would die. And even after she kept rejecting him, he came back with food knowing they probably weren't eating. With as little as he knows about the situation so far, he's doing everything he can to help. He just needed a 'reason' to keep coming back after getting rejected, hence the focus on kuroneko.

Once he knows the full situation at hand and the plot starts really moving(next episode) he'll start showing his value as a character.
AlexTheRiotApr 13, 2014 1:08 PM
Apr 13, 2014 1:05 PM
Jul 2013
The opening is still amazing.
Apr 13, 2014 1:08 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
kickmesign said:
Kana is the stephen hawking of tsunderes.

You win sir!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 13, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2013
how did kuroha fill out the school form if she really can't read?

mc needs to stop seeing kuroha as kuroneko and start seeing her as an individual (even if kuroha is kuroneko).

also, this show's gonna be really depressing. looking forward to next week's episode
Apr 13, 2014 1:11 PM
Dec 2013
Kana being paralyzed made me sad, I don't like that kind of thing, makes me feel really shitty. When Kuroha blended the cake, ah the feels.

Super interested in this series, I haven't read the manga/light novel so idk whats going to happen.
Apr 13, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2014
NOOOOOO, not the cake!!! ;(
Apr 13, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2010
kickmesign said:

This is fantastic!

This episode was still interesting as it helps build up the characters and their situations which will probably be important.

I'm really enjoying this series so far! I hope it continues to get even better!
Apr 13, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2009
orchidork said:

Believe it or not this plot in-consistency gets answered
Apr 13, 2014 1:27 PM
Oct 2012
I know that this is a question of taste, but I have a problem with this show that goes to how that captured witch was killed.

I can handle dark serious themes, but if a show wants to be that then be consistent about it. I don't mean that it can't have lighter moments, but at least follow through on the seriousness in the writing.

To begin with, no a deserted village is NOT the perfect place to hide, it would be the first place the government would have looked. Second, do they really think that the government wouldn't have noticed a new transfer student so far out in the country near the same place they found the other witch? I wouldn't mind these faults if the story was a bit lighter, but I do in a show that has a dark theme to it (and forcing down a screaming girl and butchering her is a dark theme). If you want to have serious themes, then you have to play serious.

Other little problems, why did they kill the witch at all? They had her back, they had invested 10's if not 100's of millions of dollars into her development, yet they pulled the plug (literally) like they had all the money in the world. But if this is true, and their power over the government is so strong that they can use the JSDF as foot soldiers, then this society wouldn't be the peaceful one represented. Even the NSA has some oversight, but here there is none?

I mean killing the witch would have made a bit of sense if it somehow impacted (through some telepathy) the other witches, but from all appearances it was done purely because the director of the project is sadistic.

Which isn't in itself bad, the world is full of such sadistic people, but this scene really didn't have a point outside of maybe making us hate the villain we already would have hated hated. It felt more voyeuristic the substantive. And here's the thing, without a point, showing us forces us into becoming voyeurs as well. That ultimately was the problem I had with Elven Laid, its like showing a rape for no reason but to show a rape. Make it part of the story and I am fine with it, but I really don't want to watch it just because you show it. And I particularly don't want to watch it when you are making the rest of the show contradictory lighthearted. As I said above be consistent.
Apr 13, 2014 1:32 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Takuan_Soho said:

Which isn't in itself bad, the world is full of such sadistic people, but this scene really didn't have a point outside of maybe making us hate the villain we already would have hated hated. It felt more voyeuristic the substantive. And here's the thing, without a point, showing us forces us into becoming voyeurs as well. That ultimately was the problem I had with Elven Laid, its like showing a rape for no reason but to show a rape. Make it part of the story and I am fine with it, but I really don't want to watch it just because you show it. And I particularly don't want to watch it when you are making the rest of the show contradictory lighthearted. As I said above be consistent.

Yup. Given this is the same author, it has to be tragic for the sake of being tragic. If the witch was brainwashed and re-used instead then the impact is less, although it would have been much more feasible. If I ever become an evil overlord, I would NOT want to waste resources like that.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 13, 2014 1:50 PM

Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
I mean killing the witch would have made a bit of sense if it somehow impacted (through some telepathy) the other witches, but from all appearances it was done purely because the director of the project is sadistic.

This is answered in the manga, and will probably be mentioned in the anime:

Mod Note: Information that has not been revealed yet in the anime has been placed in spoiler tags.
rodacApr 13, 2014 10:45 PM
Apr 13, 2014 2:10 PM

Dec 2010
Perfect balance of comedy/dark whatever :p
I WANT BLOOD :3
okay not too much. Dat toothpaste tho
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Apr 13, 2014 2:11 PM
Nov 2013
Kuroha and Kana are very cute, especially the cake part. Kana is pretty unique. I can't recall any animes with a paralyzed character that talks through technology. Looks like shit is gonna happen next episode.
Apr 13, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
Still love listening to that OP :D
Lol'ed when she said she wasn't excited for it, but had a swim tube around her waist XD
Introduced Kana :)
Computerized voice actually sounds like a real person, not some computer voice.
Thank god for that.
Kanade :'(
Glad they were able to save the old lady lol
Heh, Kana forced to have cake blended up - she was crying over it? xD
Kuroha was bleeding at the end there..
Apr 13, 2014 2:26 PM
Oct 2012
slkrr said:
This is answered in the manga, and will probably be mentioned in the anime:

[Caveat]Okay, for everyone else, I know that I am stating my preferences, and tastes differ, so this is not an attack on those who enjoy the show, and if you do you may want to skip what I am writing, but if you want to discuss this then more the merrier.[/Caveat]

I had a feeling that was going to be the case, and to be honest I think that is not a reason but a pretty lame excuse on the part of the writer.

Again, I know this is my preference and not a rule, and in other genre's I don't mind such faults, but if a show wants to have adult themes then it has to do some adult thinking.

Mod Note: Information that has not been revealed yet in the anime has been placed in spoiler tags.
rodacApr 13, 2014 10:45 PM
Apr 13, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
StevenHu said:
Ryouta Murakami needs to stop thinking about how Neko Kuroha reminds him of Kuroneko and start thinking about everything else at hand.
That is literally dragging down his supposedly intelligent character and my enjoyment of this show.

exactly what I'm thinking
Apr 13, 2014 2:44 PM

Aug 2012
@ Takuan_Soho

Next episode should shine some light on your concern that killing them is a waste.
It still isn't exactly great writing since what I mentioned is never explicitly explained as far as I remember, it's more of a plot device to put them in their current situation. But it isn't entirely illogical.
rodacApr 13, 2014 10:47 PM
Apr 13, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Again, I know this is my preference and not a rule, and in other genre's I don't mind such faults, but if a show wants to have adult themes then it has to do some adult thinking.

I never really thought of this series as much of an "adult themed" one. It's interesting to me, but not as good as Elfen Lied (which everyone seems to compare it to), and Elfen Lied had its own issues with cutting from a dark, serious tone to silly moments of ecchi.

Not sure how close this anime will play to the manga - it's going to be either insanely rushed or abruptly cut off... but especially once the harem stuff kicked in, it really took the series out of any kind of "serious" frame of mind. It's better than average, but not anything really exceptional - all IMHO, of course. Since it's only 13 eps, I plan to watch the whole thing, but not with any super high expectations.
Apr 13, 2014 2:59 PM
Aug 2013
Okay, well, I was going to complain about them destroying the witch, offer speculation about what they could have done instead and some possible reasons why it might not be a stupid waste to do so, but someone who read the manga gave the boring explanation of why rendering my comment pointless.

Are we going to see the witches go full Lucy on the self-defence force at some point, or do they just get hunted down and overwhelmed? Because now that I think of it that was like the only reason I watched Elfen Lied.
You are not the king of your brain. You are the creepy guy standing next to the king going "a most judicious choice, sire" - Steven Kaas
Apr 13, 2014 3:02 PM

Feb 2014
Kuroha's singing scene was so cute lol
Apr 13, 2014 3:19 PM

Mar 2013
It's funny how he could easily go around the fence instead of going over it.. but that's just a trivial thing haha
Anyways, an amazing ep indeed! All characters so far are likable and the story seems dark. That scene when they ejected her made me cringe though >.>
Apr 13, 2014 3:22 PM

Jul 2013
Has been mentioned if the bad guys are undercover government forces or of the paramilitary kind ?
School doesn't seem a ideal place to hide.
Apr 13, 2014 3:31 PM

Jul 2010
I see the creator has a thing for making women melt.

Also, I'm failing to see Murakami's relevance in all this. Then again, Elfen Lied was full of irrelevant characters.

I will say that I'm enjoying this far more than Elfen Lied so far.
Apr 13, 2014 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
I can tell that there is a lot to look forward to in this series. I feel sorry for Kana being paralyzed. I wonder if she'll break from the paralysis before it's over. Probably not. Also, what's up with Neko's nosebleed? I think there's a sort of malfunction going on. Can't wait for next wk's episode!
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Apr 13, 2014 3:58 PM

Apr 2012
Damn she melted o___o; Overall okay episode. I wonder if Kuroha's nosebleed is an indication of her limited life span or she is just aroused o__O.

kickmesign said:

lol'd

Apr 13, 2014 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
slkrr said:
Takuan_Soho said:

I never really thought of this series as much of an "adult themed" one. It's interesting to me, but not as good as Elfen Lied (which everyone seems to compare it to), and Elfen Lied had its own issues with cutting from a dark, serious tone to silly moments of ecchi.

Not sure how close this anime will play to the manga - it's going to be either insanely rushed or abruptly cut off... but especially once the harem stuff kicked in, it really took the series out of any kind of "serious" frame of mind. It's better than average, but not anything really exceptional - all IMHO, of course. Since it's only 13 eps, I plan to watch the whole thing, but not with any super high expectations.

Crap, please tell me the harem isn't the bad kind of harem, as in, all the girls fawn over him, but the MC acts like a dense idiot.
Apr 13, 2014 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
Oh that melting scene, reminded me of how sad Elfen Lied was :c

Will go cry in corner now.
Apr 13, 2014 4:22 PM

Jan 2014
For starters: the OP is fantastic ! *___*
I first thought Kuroha was in the vehicle...
I agree, it kinda seems to be Elfen Lied 2.0
It was interesting, indeed. Liked it. Looking
forward to watching the next episode. ^^
Apr 13, 2014 4:32 PM

Nov 2013
pretty good episode lol kana was jokess with the whole rape thing aha. I was pretty confused with kanaeda's character though, anyone care to elaborate on why kanaeda looked identical to kuroha??
To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.
Apr 13, 2014 4:37 PM

Oct 2013
OP is so siiick

Crap I actually really wanted that old female to die because of her attitude.
Apr 13, 2014 4:52 PM

Nov 2013
Quite a mystery we have on our hands..

I'm liking it so far, the human science experimentation reminds me of Noblesse. I feel sorry for Kana having to eat like that and she can't talk.. Poor girl. I don't know why but I have a feeling everyone is going to die by the end of this anime except for Kuroneko or the MC.

Since this is from the creators of Elfen Lied, I'm expecting a lot of gruesome shit to go down for the rest of the show and quite a bit of child abuse. Shall be a fun ride!
Apr 13, 2014 5:54 PM

Aug 2013
Don't eject the thingy plz :(
Damn, that was dark...

I can't accept it if Kuroha isn't Kuroneko, IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. No but seriously, even if Kuroha said that it isn't her, they could have experrimanted on her and brainwashed her. The lost of her moles could be for a random reason from the experimants.

Kana is hilarious. Didn't expected her to be a tsundere xD
Favorite character from the show for now :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 13, 2014 6:35 PM

Aug 2012
Nice cap, Kuroha is very beautiful!
Apr 13, 2014 6:38 PM

Apr 2013
Things are already getting dark with the melted girl and the loli is paralyzed I was totally suprised when she started talking because I imagined her to be the shy and quiet type.
Apr 13, 2014 6:39 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty decent episode and the OP is still awesome.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 13, 2014 6:41 PM

Feb 2014
Rowan93 said:
Okay, well, I was going to complain about them destroying the witch, offer speculation about what they could have done instead and some possible reasons why it might not be a stupid waste to do so, but someone who read the manga gave the boring explanation of why rendering my comment pointless.

Sorry about that... shoulda put a spoiler tag. Didn't mean to be "that guy."
Apr 13, 2014 6:45 PM

Apr 2011
Amarrez said:
orchidork said:

Believe it or not this plot in-consistency gets answered

well I'm gonna assume her paralyzed friend helped her since she knows how to type on a keyboard.
Apr 13, 2014 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
damn last few mins were hard after that eject scene why the hell didn't they just swap those two scenes around cutting from that to cheerful music and stuff felt weird
Apr 13, 2014 6:56 PM
Jul 2013
Liking kana as a character but i'm kinda concerned.
This series seems like the moe hell version of elfin lied.
Apr 13, 2014 7:00 PM

Sep 2010
I think I'm done with this anime..
It's just.. so.. bland? Boring? Predictable?

The main girl is very annoying and typical. The main guy is clueless, obsessive, and stupid. Just. Wow the cast is so bad I don't even care about the plot anymore.

Well oh well!
Apr 13, 2014 7:37 PM

Nov 2013
man this sure has its dark parts, but the lighthearted moments are nice too :)
Apr 13, 2014 8:06 PM
Aug 2011
These characters are so damn stupid all across the board though I don't dislike this... yet.

Like FenixDragon43 said above- the cast is just bad and of course the blonde girl had to be all bitchy.
Apr 13, 2014 8:07 PM
Oct 2012
slkrr said:
Sorry about that... shoulda put a spoiler tag. Didn't mean to be "that guy."

Nothing wrong with occasionally being "that guy" as long as you realize that there is "that guy" :-)
Apr 13, 2014 8:28 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
This episode was fucking horrendous.
Apr 13, 2014 8:52 PM
Dec 2013
love the OP aswell as everyone
Kana intoreduced and seems alright.

That is too cruel to melt a witch like that. So it seems that the metal thing in their neck is basically like their heart?
Apr 13, 2014 9:24 PM
Jan 2014
For anyone complaining about the show right now ive read the manga and so far i think they are doing a good job so far blending the light and dark elements and adapting them. Murakami is actually one of the smartest characters in the entire manga its not showing it right now because its only 2 episodes in and theres a reason why kuroha is the way she is.The scientists dont seem to care about the girls themselves they dont see them as human when they performed those experiments and its not just science and drugs its something much more worse than that.
Apr 13, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
Im liking the fairly creepy atmosphere.
Good level of mystery to keep my interest as well
Apr 13, 2014 9:49 PM

Mar 2013
Today in Elfen Lied mark 2: My Immortal, Ebonyha introduces us to her loli doll fetish friend, her old friends are melted alive, and she has a near-fatal nosebleed when exposed to cake. This show's at least entertaining.
Apr 13, 2014 9:51 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Such a brutal, and mixed emotion episode. I felt bad for Kanade and her firned who both got ejected or at least Kanade's friend was but we can assume Kanade got ejected. They melt when that thing on their back is taken off which was sad to see her die.

Kuroha was very cute this episode. Can't read kanji, do math, but she can operate a blending machine which she used ti blend cake for Kana who is paralyzed. Oh and Kuroha singing was so kawaii ^^

Apr 13, 2014 9:57 PM
Oct 2013
I kinda liked Kana in latest chapters in manga, and then the anime version is more lovable with such voice acting.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

403 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.