Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 13, 2014 7:27 PM
Oct 2013
This looks like its going to be one of those lovely reverse harems with fan service done right. I'm also sensing an appolon-Balder rivalry which could be fun ;-) I'm not quite sure what to make of apollo right now, I mean really, even in Greece that's not a casual greeting, but then he's so sweet I have to love him! And Loki...for reasons I don't totally understand I love him more every time I see him :-) last reflection, "will we need a sacrifice?" Lol, that's the only good line the moon god has had yet and may be the only one he gets, but it was so wonderful! This really is a funny show
Nasty001 said:
WTF, whoever created this series seemly doesn't do his homework, like duh!? Since when did Apollo became a sun god? The last time I heard Apollo is the Greek god of music and arts, and when the fuck did Loki became the god of fire? Geez, anyone who've watch Thor would have known that Loki is the god of the underworld.

Apollo is a sun god in most versions, as well as music, and prophecy, and truth, and archery, and I think maybe medicine as well. And Loki wasn't god of the underworld until after he died, kind of like osiris I believe (its implied this hasn't happened yet in that little exchange between Thor and Loki 'now that we're in this garden do we still have to...") You really shouldn't trust Hollywood to get it right, ever
Apr 13, 2014 11:56 PM

Aug 2009
I like this anime. the ending theme is starting to grow on me. it seems like such an uninteresting plot but for some reason I want to know what will happen. its intriguing in a way! good episode!

Apr 14, 2014 3:09 AM
Mar 2014
That speech .. well done Apollon.
Apr 14, 2014 12:16 PM

Jun 2013
This is actually kinda interesting to watch! School life starts now huh...

And can i just say how much i love the ED lol it's too good
Apr 14, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
Melissa. So far the best character introduction, lol.
Apr 14, 2014 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
pretty good so far. i liking it~
love the ED, OP is ok

thoth <3
lol at tsukito taking notes
cant wait for the next episode xD

still waiting for anubis T^T
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Apr 14, 2014 7:45 PM
Oct 2013
i can't wait for the third episode! kawaii~!
i also sense apollon and baldr rivalry.
i like it when they add some funny parts for tsukito, like taking notes.
my favorite part was when loki pranked on takeru. that was funny as ever.
the sauna/bath scene was sexy and i like it when the sub characters is hanging out with their race of other type of gods. Thor/Loki/Balder
Finally they show Thoth more often in this episode, but I'm still disappointed when they only show short clips of cutey Anubis! But I'm glad when I see him for about like 10 seconds in the OP. I hope in the next episode they'll show Anubis more often.
CAN'T WAIT!!
I have faith and smell dark roses.
Apr 14, 2014 7:55 PM

Mar 2013
I was off put by the rag doll named Melissa (dat man voice...)
Other than that this episode was pretty enjoyable. So far it seems to be doing better than certain otome adaptations.

Nasty001 said:
WTF, whoever created this series seemly doesn't do his homework, like duh!? Since when did Apollo became a sun god? The last time I heard Apollo is the Greek god of music and arts, and when the fuck did Loki became the god of fire? Geez, anyone who've watch Thor would have known that Loki is the god of the underworld.

Er, Apollo is the god of the sun. Like others have said, this is what is most perceived as in many versions of his mythology.
As for Loki - he is the God of mischief and (I had to look this part up since I was confused when Zeus did his intro) he is perceived as the god of fire by a couple of theorists one in particular (as an example) would be Jacob Grimm (one of the Grimms Brothers)

Apr 14, 2014 11:18 PM

Jan 2013
The ost sounds fitting love it!
And Yui's character is way better than any shoujo harem heroine tho.
Thankful its not that boring with few laughing stock

I use to have a life until anime cames to my life[s/]
Apr 19, 2014 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
School is starting! Really liked that speech of Apollon. Beautiful.

phoenixalia said:
I am in love. This is what a reverse harem anime SHOULD be like. Take notes, Otomate!

Absolutely this. ^
Apr 20, 2014 2:37 PM

Dec 2008
Thoth and Thor are HOT!!!

Why do I LOL every time the ED plays?
Apr 26, 2014 9:04 AM

Feb 2013
Not bad at all. Looking forward to the next episode! Jealous appolon is so sweet >u<

May 6, 2014 6:53 PM

Aug 2013
obligatory bath scene :D
May 19, 2014 4:00 AM

Apr 2014
Melissa

Melissa

Melissa is not a male-ish creature's name, foolish humans.
Jun 15, 2014 1:00 AM

Dec 2012
Ahh just a greeting. Of course! Balder asking Yui about Apollon...was that a subtle hint of jealousy, Balder? I'm gonna have to watch out for Dionysus, since his mythology is the one I'm most familiar with. The god of sex in short. The gods all seem to be fun so far, especially Tsukuyomi obliviously taking notes and Hades being all angsty.
Jun 20, 2014 1:11 AM

May 2010
The OP's alright, nothing like the ED. You can pretty much skip it, cuz most scenes are awkward.

I seriously don't like Kamiya Hiroshi's singing voice, it gives me chills. Does he make it girly on purpose?

Why Apollon acts so innocent? He is even more childish (and annoying) than Otoya from UtaPri.

Melissa is interesting but his name is meh, why choose a girly name when you are going to give him a manly voice?

The first half was meh but the 2nd half was as interesting as the 1st episode, maybe even better.
Jun 4, 2015 11:58 AM

Jun 2010
I really don't like Loki at all, even the character otherwise is good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2016 6:56 AM

Jul 2014
I'm liking Melissa. lolol xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
May 22, 2016 11:18 PM

May 2013
Melissa is cuuuuteeeee C: would totally buy a Melissa plushie hehe

He reminds me of Lilo's doll, Scrump
Jun 10, 2016 4:24 PM

Feb 2013
Hades is funny, I wonder if he will say the same things every episode.
Loki is a prankster.
Aug 23, 2016 9:33 PM

Mar 2015
I wonder how will this end just 12 episodes?

I got to know different Gods so this episode is another plus points.

Looks like this will go SOL.

Most of the VA are recognizable for me.

3.4/5
Mar 13, 2017 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
A kiss on the cheek is the way to greet others in my country. Didn't know it was so weird to other people. So far, my favorite is definitely Apollo, and my least favorite is, perhaps, Loki. I just don't like his personality. Hades has a special place in my heart, I feel him, I don't want to interact with anyone at my school, either.

All in all, a very good episode. Apparently reverse harems aren't always this good, so I'm glad I picked this one. Can't wait to see the other 10 episodes.
Jan 24, 2019 7:59 AM

Jun 2015
Aw, Apollo turned out to be so sweet!

So, we got Thor, yes. We got Dionysios, I kinda expected it. And we got the Egyptian god Thoth, good thing they draw him humanoid and hot.

I think Loki and Dionysios will get along although Dionysios looks a lot less harmless than Loki.

Ok I changed my mind I love this show now. I also like how they made Thoth the instructor. It puts him on par with Zeus. He gotta be equal with Zeus if not higher because after all he is older.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 9, 2019 4:07 PM

Jan 2016
I'd be sooo pissed if I was Yui in this situation.

At least she'll be returned to exactly where she was taken from at the same time.

The animation got really clippy when it was panning over characters at the end though... gave me a headache.
Aug 11, 2020 5:27 AM

Oct 2009
Balder, long hair blondie bishounen .. tripped too much.. what a waste for his face :|
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2014

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 12, 4:04 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2014

164 by MickeyMinaj »»
Mar 11, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Kamigami no Asobi Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 10, 2014

48 by helennaaj »»
Sep 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Poll: » Who Is Your Favorite Character?

TragicRomance - Jun 20, 2014

18 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:24 PM

» Kamigami No Asobi Season 2 ??

KazukiMakoto - Sep 23, 2014

21 by Kasu-chan90 »»
Jun 29, 2022 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.