Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2014 4:33 PM

Aug 2013
For those who have played persona 4 should know what im on about, for those who haven't its easy to understand. Basically your shadow is a copy of you that is supposed to be a part of you. A part you don't want to admit. It wants to hurt or even kill you because you won't accept it, which is all it really wants. When you encounter it, it spouts all the truth of itself for all to hear, at which point most people deny it is a part of them at all and it becomes a monster that can only be defeated by accepting it.

For a better example if you have the time spare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02I47U2p5x4

Now..
What would yours say to you? and could you accept it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 4, 2014 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
What if you have accepted who you are, and you are honest with yourself?
Apr 4, 2014 4:38 PM

Sep 2011
Mine would claim I have shit taste in anime and of course I wouldn't accept it

I would solemnly respond with a solitary word:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Nov 2008
Aylaine said:

It's hard for many people especially kids and teenagers where conformity is demanded by everyone now. I had it far better than today's kids, there's stuff I've done that would get them mega swirlies and being forced to eat shit off the floor by everyone in the school.

Aug 2013
Aylaine said:

There is always an ugly side or truth about ourselves or our personality we don't want to admit we have. It can be a selfishness or using others for your own gain, sometimes you don't even realize it unless you look deep down.

Take Chie as an example her shadow was that one of the reasons she keeps her friend around is because she is jealous of her and knowing that she needs her, rely on her gives her a feeling of power or been better than her friend. Even though its only a small part of her and certainly not the main reason she is friends, it still exists and accepting that helps her grow as a person and get over those darker sides.
Apr 4, 2014 4:48 PM

Jan 2014
I believe I would be able to accept it easily. I get an enjoyment out of picking apart my own flaws, because I think they're the most interesting part of me. If my shadow showed something about me that I wasn't consciously aware of, I'd be like, "That's pretty cool. Thanks".

Unless I'm hiding something really horrible. -begins to sweat-
Apr 4, 2014 4:50 PM

Dec 2013
Hmm probably something about being to prideful, a lazy bum, and controlled by my fears.

Though persona wasn't what I had in mind when I saw the title. Was actually thinking of Zelda and the water temple =P. Though Megaman also works, the shadow being a reflection of one's inner self has been used quite a bit.
Apr 4, 2014 4:51 PM

Feb 2005
It probably wouldn't face me at all because it would be too bust procrastinating. It would be the prince of apathy itself.
I guess I'd accept it without trouble, sometime, just not right now, maybe tomorrow.
Apr 4, 2014 4:51 PM

Jan 2013
I'm pretty honest with myself so mine would likely be the same as me.
Apr 4, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2011
Well, I don't know what it would say. Self-consciousness has its limits.

But I'd probably accept it. At least after my anxiety levels would go off the charts.
Apr 4, 2014 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
I honestly don't know how i would feel if something like that happened I feel like have somewhat peace with my demons but who knows maybe i have very deep hatred about something about me i don't like, I don't know the outcome
removed-userApr 4, 2014 4:59 PM
Apr 4, 2014 4:56 PM
May 2012
Kibura_Iburasa said:

Now..
What would yours say to you? and could you accept it.

That's what I'd like to know. What would it say to me? I can't be sure I'd have any idea.
I would accept it, because I'm lazy and lethargic and wouldn't want to go through the hassle of fighting it. Or having someone else fight it.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Apr 4, 2014 4:56 PM

Aug 2013
Naw...you guys are no fun, I was hoping for some monologs but you guys are all saying you would easily accept it. The point is your shadow is not a part of you that is easy to accept. Usually you are in the company of friends you don't want them to hear those secret truths about you.

Even a heroic knight can be a coward deep down. Or a charity worker that works just to receive self recognition even if they tell themselves its actually for others.
Apr 4, 2014 5:00 PM

Jan 2014
Honestly, the only thing my shadow could say that I'd be hesitant to accept would be about some of my weirder Google searches.
Apr 4, 2014 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
As a edit/new post I suspect it would slap my hands and go

Lets kill them all.

And silly OP I have no shame.
Apr 4, 2014 5:03 PM

Dec 2013
RedArmyShogun said:

Lets kill them all.

Lol, would that be the only way you would accept it?
Apr 4, 2014 5:04 PM

Nov 2011
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Naw...you guys are no fun, I was hoping for some monologs but you guys are all saying you would easily accept it. The point is your shadow is not a part of you that is easy to accept. Usually you are in the company of friends you don't want them to hear those secret truths about you.

Even a heroic knight can be a coward deep down. Or a charity worker that works just to receive self recognition even if they tell themselves its actually for others.

Low self-esteem + high self-consciousness = not too many unraveled aspects, I'm afraid. Hell, I have harder time accepting my positive aspects.

Again, I can't judge for sure because if they really are secrets even from myself, then I won't be able to process them so that I can write about them here.
Apr 4, 2014 5:10 PM

Sep 2011
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Naw...you guys are no fun,

Sorry :[

I shitposted 'cause I've got nothing to monologue; I don't really have any secret truths or stuff I don't accept -- I'm pretty open about my life and have no shame in being vocal, IF you know what I mean ;_;

I suppose there's a few fetishes I wouldn't want to admit to publicly, but, other than some niche fantasy imagination stuff I couldn't care less what other people know or think O.o

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Apr 4, 2014 5:10 PM

Jan 2013
Astros477 said:
RedArmyShogun said:

Lets kill them all.

Lol, would that be the only way you would accept it?

No I just know my inner nature isn't any different from how I am. So it would be a boring meeting. I'm normally the guy that if you do something stupid your other friends will lol, I'm the one that goes "Are you stupid?"
Apr 4, 2014 5:17 PM

Dec 2013
RedArmyShogun said:

No I just know my inner nature isn't any different from how I am. So it would be a boring meeting. I'm normally the guy that if you do something stupid your other friends will lol, I'm the one that goes "Are you stupid?"

Ahh ok, I'd probably both laugh and SMH =P.
Apr 4, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
Lime_ said:
I suppose there's a few fetishes I wouldn't want to admit to publicly, but, other than some niche fantasy imagination stuff I couldn't care less what other people know or think O.o

I'd probably die of shame if the shadow started to spout those in public.

But since fetishes are something that people are (usually) okay with, I guess that that won't be an issue. Which is a relief, because I'm not ready to tell others about my macroph- that thing that shall remain a secret.
Apr 4, 2014 5:35 PM

Aug 2013
Well can't speak for anyone else but I would be absolutely terrified of facing my shadow. Anyone who has faced inner self loathing knows what its like to have something tell you all your failings and things you don't want to hear.

So the idea of facing my shadow in front of other people, I think i would rather it eat me or something. I imagine it would be an iron maiden, with a few bodies sticking out all with different faces...and tentacles.
SpooksApr 4, 2014 5:54 PM
Apr 4, 2014 8:12 PM

Sep 2011
I'd turn off the lights.
NEETs (No Employment Education Training) are the least desirable people anybody would want to hire and yet they are the first choice to become moderators/admins around the internet. They have yet to have established a sense of responsibility or role in society and many are plain leeches (with minor exceptions). They are given "authority" to police sections of the internet with the powers of The Judge, Jury, and Executioner. Isn't that weird?
-Migrating to another site-
Update 11/9/2016 - Inactive Over a Year. Logged in to laugh at elections.
Apr 4, 2014 8:14 PM
Nov 2008
i'd open the curtains. that'd teach that fucker.
Apr 4, 2014 8:16 PM

Apr 2012
is it bad that this topic reminds me of naruto

#weebmoment

Apr 4, 2014 8:22 PM
Feb 2014
i'll give him money and say''don't see me ever again'' (bribe always the answer for any problems)
Apr 4, 2014 8:43 PM

Jan 2013
bash107 said:
i'll give him money and say''don't see me ever again'' (bribe always the answer for any problems)

But what if your shadow hates money and just wants to see you dead?
Apr 4, 2014 9:05 PM

Dec 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
bash107 said:

He has a point, some shadows just want to watch the world burn. Or your corpse after it's brutally murdered you.
Apr 4, 2014 9:08 PM

Mar 2012
I don't even understand myself sometimes so I think it will be good experience to meet with "the real" me.

Hopefully I will get my own Persona if I can accept myself.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 4, 2014 9:08 PM

Nov 2013
Baka leave me alone shadow, I'm trying to post on MAL, go be pretentious somewhere else, baka shadow.
Apr 4, 2014 9:09 PM

Dec 2011
Actually, would help me because I started to be lazy as fuck "recently" after some problems and that would help me to stop that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 9:10 PM

Oct 2012
Use an evoker and forcefully make him my persona
Apr 4, 2014 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
"No...No, this isn't me!" just to see what monster my shadow turns into :D. But other then that yea I think I can accept it lol
Apr 4, 2014 10:13 PM
Feb 2014
Astros477 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
bash107 said:

He has a point, some shadows just want to watch the world burn. Or your corpse after it's brutally murdered you.

you could say the other part of me that i don't like love bribes :P
Apr 4, 2014 10:25 PM

Jan 2013
Aylaine said:

Wow...evangelion ending.
Congratulations.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 4, 2014 10:39 PM

Jan 2013
bash107 said:
Astros477 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
bash107 said:

You just don't want to admit you're a dead man pft.
Apr 4, 2014 10:43 PM
Feb 2014
RedArmyShogun said:
bash107 said:
Astros477 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
bash107 said:

i'm afraid of death?? it's the other way round mate
Apr 4, 2014 10:44 PM

Mar 2012
bash107 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
bash107 said:
Astros477 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
bash107 said:

Death afraid of you?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 4, 2014 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
Is beating the shit out of it an option?

I don't think I'd have an issue facing my shadow and accepting it. It might be a little weird hearing shit verbalized when it wasn't before, but that's about it.

EDIT: Kibura thread rampage
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 4, 2014 11:10 PM

Jan 2013
bash107 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
bash107 said:
Astros477 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
bash107 said:

The Fuck I am.
Apr 4, 2014 11:16 PM

Nov 2013
I'd have to turn my head 180 degrees, because my shadow's behind me right now.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Apr 5, 2014 4:19 AM

Apr 2012
I doubt my shadow would do that.

Otherwise I'd have to ask it to prove it.

I really wonder what would it say though.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Apr 5, 2014 4:21 AM

Jan 2013
I don't think my shadow would be a great conversationalist.
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.
Apr 5, 2014 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
Kibura_Iburasa said:
Aylaine said:

There is always an ugly side or truth about ourselves or our personality we don't want to admit we have. It can be a selfishness or using others for your own gain, sometimes you don't even realize it unless you look deep down.

Take Chie as an example her shadow was that one of the reasons she keeps her friend around is because she is jealous of her and knowing that she needs her, rely on her gives her a feeling of power or been better than her friend. Even though its only a small part of her and certainly not the main reason she is friends, it still exists and accepting that helps her grow as a person and get over those darker sides.

The reason I asked is, I've already gone through that deep level of self-reflection in order to accept everything about myself. Unlike many people, I embrace the truth no matter how painful it is. Especially when it comes to myself. I know all of my faults already, and spent a good amount of time analyzing myself in order to discover them.
Apr 5, 2014 11:40 AM
Jan 2014
I've accepted my personality already.
Apr 6, 2014 12:02 AM

Jan 2014
Living in denial is ultimately something that I couldn't do without losing my sanity.

Been there, done that. I am my shadow, and have no problem admitting it... to myself.

It might be harder to admit it to someone else though.
Apr 6, 2014 2:56 AM

Aug 2013
I'd be more interested to see what my Persona would be.
Apr 7, 2014 4:56 PM

Sep 2013
I wouldn't be able to accept it so hanging upside down from a telephone pole here I come!
Apr 7, 2014 4:58 PM

Mar 2014
I know who I am. Shadow Lady Renly haunts me in my sleep and I can't avoid her. So I'm safe from my shadow going berserk, at the very least.
Apr 7, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2009
Cop out answer: Did that already.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » does height matter? ( 1 2 )

deg - Jan 2, 2022

97 by rohan121 »»
3 minutes ago

» I buy drugs without prescription where I live

scarydragon - 5 hours ago

8 by Zettaiken »»
39 minutes ago

» Guys always finish last

MUFFlN - May 12

23 by Nette »»
53 minutes ago

» Do you record your thoughts down in a journal?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

23 by juanlqr »»
55 minutes ago

» Which "Attitudinal Psyche" do you think you are? (very easy 3-question)

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

10 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.