Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2014 7:08 AM

May 2009
One of the best anime i've watched in a while, and i'm so sad to see it end... but also very happy :)
I'm not too happy about Chisaki x Tsumugu, but i guess i can live with that. Tsumugu is a good guy indeed. For a long time i hoped for Chisaki x Hikari lol
I want to watch more! I'll miss Nagi no Asukara.
Apr 4, 2014 7:26 AM

Mar 2012
Not kind of ending that I'm expecting but this is fine too.

The sea is beautiful so is the series. Everything here flow perfectly natural so much that I can get myself fully see them as an actual human than some 2D character. This series provide as much emotion as possible make it the most realistic anime I've ever watch. 10/10 for me.

Well now that it is over waiting for how much Glassip will provide.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 4, 2014 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
I don't get why so many people are unsatisfied with the ending. In my opinion it made perfect sense to end it that way because it really fits the show. I know some people don't like the lack of pairing development, but that is exactly what I like about the episode tbh, because in my opinion is just fits with the show so well.
Despite being a fantasy drama, NnA kind of lifes from its realistic characters.
As for Kaname and Sayu it wouldn't make any sense if Kaname just started to grow feelings for her all of a sudden. He barely knows her as somebody his age and just found out about her feelings, so it'll propably take some time until he is ready to get over Chisaki and end up with her.
Same goes for Hikari, the one who always puts his friends above all. And due to that, he wouldn't wanna hurt Miuna by being with Manaka. He'd propably wait until Miuna found somebody else. Also, he can be happy just knowing Manaka likes him back, without "forcing" change -> a relationship.
In my opinion the ending was perfectly closing this amazing show, also, it eventually leaves some room for a 2nd season *not likely but hey, let me dream lol* And while most people got from 10/10 down to 9/10 for me the ending was actually the reason to finally rate this a 10 :)
Apr 4, 2014 8:25 AM
Oct 2012
A good ending. Though I kind of understand why people including myself felt abit disappointed, because it isn't as strong as last week episode.

Loved how Hikari actually realized that it was Miuna who cared so much for him.

Everythings went right for the couples and I agree on what PokeL (the poster above) said about this. They are just second year middle schoolers anyway. The only couple that doesn't fit well on the ending is Chisaki and Tsumugu. They should at least showed some romantic scenes of them (hey, 5 years of living together and they can finally move on now and only one hug scene?).

Also I would've love another Akari with her family and her dad scene instead of just Akira swimming inside sea.

Overall great episode, could have been better, nevertheless doesn't reduce my 10/10. I even dare to say that this is actually the best show that I've watched since Shin sekai.
Apr 4, 2014 9:01 AM

Aug 2009
lol at people who don't like Chisaki/Tsumugu because !! poor Kaname !!
Love the world where what a passive agressive Nice Guy wants is more important than the woman hmmm.
Not saying that Kaname is such a Nice Guy, because he certainly hasn't insulted Chisaki nor got all rage-y because she didn't want him. Props for him for that. He was actually pretty cool and I do think that Sayu fits him waAAAaAaaAAy better. If Chisaki/Kaname pairing was canon there would be so much whining and moping and selfpunishing it would be... bad, putting it lightly. Sayu is great, though.
Apr 4, 2014 9:05 AM
May 2012
I think this was a perfect ending for the series, and I don't intend to lower my rating. My only disappointment is that Miuna x Hikari didn't happen. Even though she did so much for him and suffered, I don't like her getting heartbroken in the end.
Apr 4, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2012
Slightly underwhelming...But great nevertheless. However, choosing to have an open ending means there is a possibility for a second season. There's still things to touch on and more plot points to expand on, not say they have to though. Would be a great addition.

Anyway, really loved this series. 8/10 (high 8 actually)

Kaoreen-P said:
Looking forward to Glasslip

Best summer ever.
Apr 4, 2014 9:57 AM

Aug 2013
The last episode was most tranquil
I think to ease the plight of the last episodes and relieve the amorous discussions
everything was settling down to an ending in which all are saved and live happily
expected a little more drama, and something greater for the couples
Tsumugu and Chisaki finally looked like a couple, but a kiss would be nice or if disessem who were getting married ..
In any case the anime is amazing, I would certainly recommend
barely finished and already want to see watch it again
_________

O último episódio foi mais tranquilo
acho que para amenizar o drama dos ultimos episodios e aliviar as discussoes amorosas
tudo foi se ajeitando para um final em que todos sao salvos e vivem felizes
esperava um pouco mais de drama, e algo mais grandioso para os casais
Tsumugu e Chisaki finalmente pareciam um casal, mas seria legal um beijo ou se disessem que iam se casar ..
de todo modo o anime é incrível, recomendo certamente
mal terminei de ver e ja quero assisti-lo novamente
Apr 4, 2014 10:23 AM

Jul 2008
It was a really enjoyable ride for me.
Definitively the best show P.A. Works ever did in my opinion.
Apr 4, 2014 10:44 AM

Mar 2013
Though the finale was pretty underwhelming since we get a ending with no "definite" conclusion, overall the series was really good :] Definitely one of P.A. works bests works, conflicted between Shin Sekai no Yori and Nagi no Asukara :/
Apr 4, 2014 10:45 AM

Jul 2012
The feels ;D
Apr 4, 2014 10:49 AM

Jan 2013
Mhmm...HAd to knock this down to a 9 instead of 10 due to all the Miuna force feeding I endured.

Feels like the anime was dedicated to that character or had favortism towards her...Thinking of an 8 now :/
Apr 4, 2014 10:50 AM

Jun 2013
OMG THIS EP WAS SO BEAUTIFUL IM CRYING ;_; ;_;

Happy ending for everyone :-)
Loved the cute moment between Manaka, Tsumugu and Akira
"see you later' *imitates fish's voice

And awww that ending, happy that both Hikari and Manaka know how they feel towards each other.

I'm going to miss looking forward to watching this anime every week :-(((((((
Apr 4, 2014 10:51 AM

Mar 2011
I did enjoy this anime, although more so at the start. There were to many love triangles and everything after the time skip it just got silly imo. I just didn't really like Miuna and co being added to it, I mean she was like what 5 before they hibernated, hardly old enough to love anyone. Even the main characters were young for the level of 'love' the anime revolved around imo but hey ho that's just my opinion.

And after all that build up, no kiss or even a hug, or even outright admitting their feelings ? But I guess that is how the show is.

Moral of the story, people of the sea are constantly in heat.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Apr 4, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2011
I wonder if the open-endedness was intentional. I wouldn't mind a sequel for this, since there's still a good amount of loose ends that could be addressed.
Apr 4, 2014 11:00 AM

Feb 2013
The ending was... nice. However, it was not what I expected. Miuna isn't one of my favorites but I'm glad she's safe.
At least now Hikari and Manaka are aware of their feelings for each other, God, they are so precious.
I would have liked to see a kiss between Tsumugu and Chisaki or a beginning of relationship between my favorites; Kaname and Sayu.
None of that happened, nobody won, nobody lost and I guess that's okay.
Despite the end, this series stalled me to the depths of my soul and feelings, made me cry, laugh, and feel firsthand exactly what the characters felt. That is priceless, not to mention the animation and music (op and ed to be exact), without doubt the best I've seen and heard in a long time. I enjoyed this show, I cried and I took very fond of the characters. Overall, for all this and certain personal reasons, this deserves the max score from me. 10/10

Apr 4, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2013
Even with my ship not winning I believe romance focused series shouldn't have open endings like this, I mean the whole point of them is to see who will MC choose.
Apr 4, 2014 11:47 AM

Jan 2011
Dissent said:
I wonder if the open-endedness was intentional. I wouldn't mind a sequel for this, since there's still a good amount of loose ends that could be addressed.

There was no open ending. Everything was finalized. Just because relationships weren't clearly defined doesn't mean it is open ended or calls for a second season. I mean really a second season? There was enough scenes to show who was with who or who had feelings for whom. Miuna (being really the only questionable one) event went on to say her feelings for Hikari melted into the sea that night. I take it from that that she still loves him but has a greater perspective now.
__
I will say that all the monologue was really beautiful this episode. Everything was brought together in a really beautiful way.

I'll say again. Those that believe this is an open ending with just cause for a season two are in denial that the show has concluded itself in the way it did. While I wish end relationships were spoon fed to me as well, that wasn't the artistic choice to do it. That said, they didn't leave you with a baseless assumption to make.

Arguing with myself over a 9 or 10/10. 9 for now.
IZEROIIApr 4, 2014 11:59 AM
Apr 4, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2011
AHHHHHHHHHHH EHHHHHHHHHHHHHH T________T Beautiful ending. Will miss watching.

I want to see Akira and his friends adventure !!!
Apr 4, 2014 1:51 PM

May 2013
I don't like the ending. Too open, that's not really an end. That's not the end of and romance anime, where are the romance feelings left?
「Sorry to tell you this, but that's not your territory anymore」, Takakamo Shizuno (Saki Achiga-hen)
Apr 4, 2014 2:23 PM
Jan 2014
Petoyusa said:
I don't like the ending. Too open, that's not really an end. That's not the end of and romance anime, where are the romance feelings left?

How is this open ended lol? Both Chisaki and Tsumugu both confessed their love for each other, same with Haraki and Manaka. EP 25 and 24 was all about how Manaka and Haraki share the same feelings, yeah a kiss would have been nice but at least they know they love each other..
Apr 4, 2014 2:43 PM

Jun 2010
Man, Chisaki got stuck with a nomalfag classmate. FUCK.

So yeah, even though they went for the worst pairing they could do, it was still a fun ride. Nagi no Asukara is probably one of the best on its genre.

I don't how if I'm going to score this 8 or 9 tho. Honestly I don't think Glasslip can achieve what impact Nagi no Asukara left. I have hopes though. But we probably won't see a series like this for a while.

I think I'll go for 8. They should've put more romance in the ending rather than those cheesy lines. But man, I think it deserves more than a score of eight. It felt like P.A really did their best in this series. This series was beautiful, fun and epic. Hmm, I'll go with 9 afterall :p

Now to Glasslip!
Apr 4, 2014 3:11 PM
Jun 2013
What a ride. Stopped at episode 4 about 5 months ago and came back to it a few days ago because it was ending soon. It was one hell of a ride. The visuals are beautiful, perfectly fitted with the music. The character developments, just stunning on how people can grow. This anime is definitely one of my tops. Glad I didn't decided to drop it completely at episode 4 because of a slow start. It was well worth the marathon these past few days. I will miss the characters.
Apr 4, 2014 3:46 PM
Mar 2014
This ending was too open, made my score go from 10 to 8. They could have done a better job at confirming who ends up with who. It felt like they could have taken this one more episode with a time lapse so we can see who dates who and if they have kids.

I like Hikari x Manaka but I also likeHikari x Miuna but they should have expanded on that, same thing with Kaname x Sayu. Could have had a better but overall it was a great anime with plenty of drama and romance
Fav Anime - Toradora, Evangelion, Clannad, Kanon, Attack on Titan and Nagi no Asukara
Apr 4, 2014 3:58 PM

Jul 2012
Also forgot to mention, I loved Hikari's monologue about fate and stuff. So gorgeous.

Burukkusu said:
This ending was too open, made my score go from 10 to 8. They could have done a better job at confirming who ends up with who.

Uh, you lowered your score by 2 just because of ONE episode? lol
Apr 4, 2014 5:55 PM

Feb 2014
So the girl in the preview was Ojoshi...

That was a good ending, but I was hoping some of the characters get together. Oh well, it's better than nothing.
Apr 4, 2014 7:13 PM
Nov 2012
magicalanime17 said:
So the girl in the preview was Ojoshi...

That was a good ending, but I was hoping some of the characters get together. Oh well, it's better than nothing.

It got everyone, we all think it is miuna and there will be a timeskip.
Good thing it isn't and it is a happy ending :)
Apr 4, 2014 8:12 PM

Feb 2013
Looks like we got our happy ending. <3
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Apr 4, 2014 8:13 PM

Jan 2011
Doesn't really feel like a definite ending but that's okay. We can all pretty much guess the couples' futures anyway. That kid still hasn't given up on Miuna, maybe if he had any actually significance I'd care a little more. Who the hell finds true love at 14 though? Oh right anime characters.
Apr 4, 2014 8:14 PM

Nov 2009
Disappointing ending for me. There was too much focus on cheesy over-dramatic lines and not enough on the actual relationships. The rest of the show was all about the relationships, and the underwater village was kind of like a subplot. This ending pulled a 180 on that and it felt like the anime forgot what it was about.

I lowered my score from 8 to 7/10.
Apr 4, 2014 8:27 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Somehow, I just knew it wasn't going to be a downer ending.

Well I think this show portrayed characters in a wonderful manner and while there were times where the momentum of the plot kind of dipped, these last two episodes, were a total blast. In the end, despite the whole ending not being totally explicit with who ends up with who, we put the two and two together and the result is quite fitting imo, but perhaps not the best way it could've been done either.

While NagiAsu has pretty strong visual and music direction, its greatest asset would have to be the depth of the characters it portrays, which are shown to be imperfect and as a viewer, my thoughts on them developed and changed throughout the show's progression. Overall, it's a wonderful world we're presented with that's populated by very real characters and the resulting execution is great.

8/10
Apr 4, 2014 8:37 PM

Sep 2008
I found this ending satisfying.

Awesome show overall. So many feels throughout.
Apr 4, 2014 8:42 PM

Nov 2012
Perfect ending.Well maybe not,it was kinda open ended with who ended up with who but the pairing were oblivious so it doesn't matter/doesn't need to be looked too deeply into.

Honestly don't know what to write exactly I just really loved this series.9/10.
Apr 4, 2014 8:54 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Very satisfying ending. Very solid 8/10 even though the drama was a bit much in the first half.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 4, 2014 9:12 PM

Jun 2009
facade63 said:
so we all lived happily ever after the end.

terrible ending.

Lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2014 9:27 PM

Oct 2013
I thought it was okay. Like many others stated, as a romance junkie, I would have at least liked a bit more closure with everyone because I was rooting hard for Hikari lol

7/10 for me.
Apr 4, 2014 10:02 PM

Apr 2014
redd530 said:

So in the end, these happened:

- Hikari x Manaka
- Chisaki x Tsumugu

Sayu and Kaname didn't happen.
Miuna is all alone, but the guy who confessed to her still hasn't given up.

Yup2x! Thanks for the comment redd530, I thought it was only me all along..

Anyway, these were not just hinted; they were strongly implied w/ the repetition of images that it's them (Chisaki and Tsumugu is official, btw.. Tsumugu's grandpa knows it and Chii's parents witnessed them hug)..
As for Sayu and Kaname, they may not have happened yet but according to the development of the story, it's going there..=)
Apr 4, 2014 10:11 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
That was an amazing ending to an amazing anime.
Loved all the monolouges and seeing the change in character is amazing.
Such a beautiful edit for the ED (Was the first OP) and wow.
Amazing sound track
Amazing art (I got like 30 wallpapers from this series...)
Enjoyed it thoroughly
10, my favorite anime of both the fall/winter season.
Gotta get the BDs.
Apr 4, 2014 10:23 PM

Nov 2010
On one hand I was always hype to see the next episode, but on the other I'm really glad that Relationship Drama: The Anime is over.

Kaname and Sayu on the road to a relationship: 10/10 was hoping for this since before the time skip.

Tsumugu and Chiiyu: 7/10, didn't like it at first, but it grew on me as time went on (and Kaname and Hikari were both becoming obviously out of her reach)

Hikari, Manaka, and Miuna: fuckin 0/10. Miuna gives up on Hikari, but neither Hikari or Manaka are willing to make to move towards a relationship? how lame can you get? Any other likely resolution of this triangle would have been better. Hikari making the move as soon as Manaka got her love back, Manaka making the move in the final scene, Hikari falling for Miuna when he realized her love, the sea god taking Hikari's love when he offered it, ANY of these would be better than the NOTHING that we got, given that there was damn near no reason for it to be NOTHING.

7/10 for the anime overall.
Apr 4, 2014 11:46 PM

Sep 2011
One of the better shows of the fall season. The ending was fine for me and that's because it's pretty much given that Manaka and Hii end up together even if it's not 100% clearly shown. One of the better romance stories I've seen and the the scenes in this show were eyecandy<3.

A solid 9/10 from me
Apr 5, 2014 12:26 AM

Jun 2012
aw lol Miuna lost her feelings for Hikari, kind of a depressing way to end that ship, surrounded by all this joy. .

This series was fantastic, I loved the character development, but more so the visuals and soundtracks, something that perfects the drama and romance.
I've seen a few comments about opinions on a S2. I would prefer not, I think this did just about everything. . I mean how can you go further when it ended like that, unless more characters or change of feelings or something kind of lame. Well, I will say that I'll really miss this series, my favorite series of Fall. This comment now feels to me like a farewell to the series T_T like I must say goodbye to all the amazing emotions I felt.

a 9 or 10 out of 10 from me =)
I find it funny that people change their scores based on how episodes/plot goes. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, it's just personal ratings and I respect everybody's own view.
Yasu-kunApr 5, 2014 12:32 AM

Apr 5, 2014 12:34 AM

Jun 2012
Kecoaganteng said:
WHAT I WATCHED: NAGI NO ASUKARA

WHAT I HOPED: KISS

WHAT I GOT: SEA GAZING AT THE BEACH.

WHERE'S DA KISS?

Oh well...

lol so true, with all the romance there was no kiss. Sounds like a challenge they accepted, haha.

Apr 5, 2014 1:07 AM

Oct 2013
Man i loved this show, gotta say the ending was a little disappointing in this episode, keeping it from being a 10/10. It's a shame that the ride is over but i see the open ending as one which will keep people thinking about the show for a while to come.

9/10 awesome watch
Apr 5, 2014 1:48 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

I could say, yet another series that has a great frame, but the canvas is not worth as much as what embellishes, disappointed in this respect.
Poetic and profound narration, also usable at the end; but everything is left to the imagination. You do not have the courage to put his own mark! ^ ^ "
Technically it is excellent, PA Works amazes with its quality setting in the drawings and in the scenarios, none other than the Giants, this is real quality! * _ *
I wonder if there will be a second season small but that gives the final that very many had expected.
Final rating remains 7/10! OK, let's 7,5 / 10 ...
Apr 5, 2014 2:00 AM
Apr 2008
I'll pass on the no kissing scene since the ending is pretty obvious they liked each other.

The ending was satisfying its kinda cheesy still its something worth watching
Apr 5, 2014 2:20 AM

Sep 2010
Great anime and satisfying ending... even though it's bit cheesy.....

finale - 5/5
series - 8/10
Apr 5, 2014 2:59 AM
Oct 2009
I just finished watching the anime and I felt sad that a lot of people hates Chisaki for she is my favorite character.

I understand that she can be annoying at times but how can people say that her reasons are pathetic, lame etc? From what I can see, she's suffering from a mental disorder (she even thought of suicide). Maybe you haven't suffered from a mental disorder which makes it hard for you to understand.

Though our circumstances are different, I can see myself in Chisaki. I was suffering from major depression for 10 years now (I was diagnosed when I was 13). And it all happened so fast, one moment I was a happy child full of hopes for the future and the next I felt so hopeless I wanted to die.

And even now, I still can't let go of my past self and especially what my past self could have done if she didn't suffer from depression. She must be working now, living a productive life unlike the me now. Of course, I know it's no use, the past is the past.. but even though I knew that.. I'm still finding it hard to accept reality.

But then again, maybe its not something that someone will understand unless he or she has felt those feelings too.
Apr 5, 2014 3:25 AM
Feb 2012
For this series a happy ending was the best possible solution. We went through *a lot* of drama over the course of those 26 episodes, and the characters deserved to be happy at the end.
A very cute anime, a VERY beautiful anime, and also a very entertaining anime. Glad I watched all of it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 5, 2014 4:03 AM

Jul 2013
It has been a great ride. Great ending. Tsumugu didn't die. 8/10

It should've been a 10 if not for that SOB, Tsumugu. I hate that guy.
PrimeXApr 5, 2014 4:09 AM
Apr 5, 2014 4:47 AM
Oct 2008
I feel sorry for Miuna... especially after when Hikari realised her feelings towards him and what she did to him she's not with him...

@UP: Why so much hate on Tsumugu?
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

412 by Redcher »»
Sep 26, 2023 5:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.