Forum Settings
Forums

Anyone else want a change in today's anime?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 3, 2014 7:20 AM
Nov 2008
DrGeroCreation said:
@rederoin I don't care if nobody cares.
oh shit. we're slapping balls around here, folks.
Apr 3, 2014 7:21 AM

Mar 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
tsudecimo said:
So I'm the only satisfied of having 4-5 anime that I like each season?

Anymore and I will just lose interest in the medium. Plus there is always manga which is better most of the time.

What now? You'd lose interest in the medium if there was MORE stuff coming out that you love about it?

Now I've heard anything.
If I can't conquer the season, then it's not a season worth watching!
Apr 3, 2014 7:22 AM

Aug 2013
Ckan said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Ckan said:
DrGeroCreation said:
Also ofcourse I know most historical anime would based on Japanese history but it wouldn't hurt if it was based on the history of other countries. Hollywood is American yet doesn't only make American historical movies but also historical movies based on other countries history. @Heredity There are no steampunk or crime drama anime on that chart.
But that's a cheap-shot isn't it? What historical films has America made that doesn't cover some aspect of Western history?

China is about as relevant to Japan as France, Ancient Greece & Rome are for America. Most of the World's history outside of modernity is irrelevant to Japan's cultural consciousness.
Okay you make some very good points.
Glad you think so. I didn't mean to spite you on this, as I'd actually love for there to be a bucketload of historical anime covering things outside of Japan's usual comfort-zone. However, when it comes to anime-original content, the creators so often manage to botch anything outside of a simplistic slice-of-life or ecchi show, that I doubt we'd be too enthused with the results. I believe an earlier poster mentioned something along those lines too.
Oh no I don't think you were spiting me at all. I agree sol, romcoms, ecchi harems are safer bets.
Apr 3, 2014 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
tsudecimo said:

Anymore and I will just lose interest in the medium. Plus there is always manga which is better most of the time.

What now? You'd lose interest in the medium if there was MORE stuff coming out that you love about it?

Now I've heard anything.

By ''I like'' I meant interesting.

Yeah, it may seem weird but that's how I feel. Watching too many interesting looking anime at the same time, makes me lose interest. Like in summer season (or w/e season SnK debut in) I picked up 15+ anime that I though were interesting, but I didn't manage to finish any of them except for Monogatari Second Season, and 2 others that I don't remember their names, months later. It makes me get burned from watching anime, and lose enjoyment of the medium gradually, and it's kinda distracting to watch a lot of airing anime of one season at the same time.

I don't understand the mentality of wanting to have most of the season appeal to your personal preference. 4-5 is good enough, at least to me.

Jan 2014
please please less Moe, less RomCom, and less Harem...
but it seems unlikely..
Nov 2008
rederoin said:
Anichart does not list all series.
oh, it doesn't? i guess not knowing what those additional series right before the new season starts is the price i pay for convenience.
Apr 3, 2014 7:30 AM

Feb 2013
Heredity said:
rederoin said:
oh, it doesn't? i guess not knowing what those additional series right before the new season starts is the price i pay for convenience.
they're stuff only DateYutaka watches
Apr 3, 2014 7:33 AM

Feb 2010
tsudecimo said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
tsudecimo said:

Now I've heard anything.

Yeah, it may seem weird but that's how I feel. Watching too many interesting looking anime at the same time, makes me lose interest. Like in summer season (or w/e season SnK debut in) I picked up 15+ anime that I though were interesting, but I didn't manage to finish any of them except for Monogatari Second Season, and 2 others that I don't remember their names, months later. It makes me get burned from watching anime, and lose enjoyment of the medium gradually.

I don't understand the mentality of wanting to have most of the season appeal to your personal preference. 4-5 is good enough, at least to me.

It does seem weird :P
But I guess on some level it makes sense. For me there have always been 20+ series each season that potentially interest me because I only really avoid very few genres and even for genres I'm unlikely to love, I don't wanna miss the occasional gem, so I'm used to starting a lot and dropping a few in the first weeks to narrow it down. I've also stopped caring about whether or not I'm caught up with most airing shows, because for a lot of shows waiting a couple of weeks and then watching a couple of episodes back-to-back makes it more enjoyable and easier to keep up with.
I just don't wanna miss anything worth watching in the new seasons, so I can ignore the recent years when I'm looking for a good completed show to watch. I guess it's also weird, but differently xD.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 3, 2014 7:34 AM

Feb 2010
romagia said:
Heredity said:
rederoin said:

Because it's stuff that's unlikely to get subbed in the first place?
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 3, 2014 7:47 AM
Nov 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
It does seem weird :P
But I guess on some level it makes sense. For me there have always been 20+ series each season that potentially interest me because I only really avoid very few genres and even for genres I'm unlikely to love, I don't wanna miss the occasional gem, so I'm used to starting a lot and dropping a few in the first weeks to narrow it down. I've also stopped caring about whether or not I'm caught up with most airing shows, because for a lot of shows waiting a couple of weeks and then watching a couple of episodes back-to-back makes it more enjoyable and easier to keep up with.
I just don't wanna miss anything worth watching in the new seasons, so I can ignore the recent years when I'm looking for a good completed show to watch. I guess it's also weird, but differently xD.
more shows i like airing in a season results in more shows i can come back to watch later on, lol.
Apr 3, 2014 7:48 AM

Aug 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
romagia said:
Heredity said:
rederoin said:

Because it's stuff that's unlikely to get subbed in the first place?
bt you dont watch good aniem just look ta my Ratigns and you will see

most Subbers out thre dnt ventur e out to real Mainstream shows in japan
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Apr 3, 2014 8:06 AM

Apr 2012
Obama promised me change in the anime industry. I was conned......

Thanks Obama......

Apr 3, 2014 8:11 AM
Sep 2013
I'm fine with today's anime. I do think there's too much school life BS, but I still enjoy some of them.
Apr 3, 2014 8:20 AM

Nov 2013
Bombolz said:
Typically most anime are comprised of cute characters in a slice of life or romance genre, which is not a bad thing, if it wasn't in such overwhelming numbers. I'd like to see more anime explore death as theme in itself and how it affects us all. It doesn't necessarily need action to do this, although I'd like to see more military anime with death as its centralized theme.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12157/Busou_Chuugakusei:_Basket_Army
This anime is interesting but simply lacks time. It consists of 5 episodes lasting 4 minutes each so at least watch episode one.
For example:

Well, what types of anime do YOU want to see more of? And if you could list an example, it'd be interesting to see what it's like.

There is a thing called Attack on Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin. There are a lot of deaths in that anime. There could be more but personally for me they're just depressing. Especially since I just finished watching Clannad: After Story.
Raise it up, raise up the happiness.
Apr 3, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2012
Jody32 said:
Once again, I am amazed that the most vocal on this matter are the people who are the least experienced in anime and manga.

It's like how the most vocal opponents of evolution don't understand much about the theory, really.
Apr 3, 2014 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
I do not feel that I personally have seen enough anime to say if a change needs to come about or not. Anime is still enjoyable to me. It's going to keep changing and evolving though, just as the fans likely will as well.
Apr 3, 2014 9:17 AM

Mar 2014
Bombolz said:
Typically most anime are comprised of cute characters in a slice of life or romance genre, which is not a bad thing, if it wasn't in such overwhelming numbers. I'd like to see more anime explore death as theme in itself and how it affects us all. It doesn't necessarily need action to do this, although I'd like to see more military anime with death as its centralized theme.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/12157/Busou_Chuugakusei:_Basket_Army
This anime is interesting but simply lacks time. It consists of 5 episodes lasting 4 minutes each so at least watch episode one.
For example:

Well, what types of anime do YOU want to see more of? And if you could list an example, it'd be interesting to see what it's like.

I agree. more military based anime WOULD be amazing! but lets face it - we will get THE SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. romance, school, comedy, school, ecchi, school, boobs/ass, school, superpower, school and so on. Japan is out of ideas I guess. yet attack on titans was pretty amazing (at least compared with typical school based bullshit).
please sell me the condom, mister
I would like to fuck my sister!
condoms really worth to keep
I will fuck her very deep!
could you be my condom keeper?
so I could try to fuck her deeper!

please think I m stupid but please dont think I m a troll.
--------------------------------------------------------------
http://protpisaenglish.blogspot.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzn0J8cfrY
Apr 3, 2014 10:07 AM

Mar 2013
It's ok because Aldnoah Zero will save anime.
Apr 3, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
fst said:

I'm sorry but Kancolle has taken that spot of anime that will save the medium for Summer.

Apr 3, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2013
Nope. It's fine the way it is at the mo.
Apr 3, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2008
Hoppy said:
fst said:

I'm sorry but Kancolle has taken that spot of anime that will save the medium for Summer.

The true heroes come in the Fall with Fate/Stay Night and Psycho-Pass 2.
Apr 3, 2014 10:29 AM

Mar 2014
The thing I look for most is good horror or thriller and a lot of times the newest anime is not remotely close to these. Typically moe shit.
Apr 3, 2014 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
pLaguE_ said:
The thing I look for most is good horror or thriller and a lot of times the newest anime is not remotely close to these. Typically moe shit.
That's kind of funny coming from somebody with a huge Nisekoi gif on their profile, just saying..
Apr 3, 2014 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
Red_Keys said:
pLaguE_ said:
That's kind of funny coming from somebody with a huge Nisekoi gif on their profile, just saying..

I don't consider it good.
Apr 3, 2014 10:37 AM

Jun 2011
pLaguE_ said:

As long as we don't get anymore abominations like Pupa, then I'm up for a good horror series. We do need more of those, but otherwise I'm fine with the industry as of now. It's been the same as it's always been in my opinion, it's just that people only seem to remember the "good shows" of the past and leave the bad things behind (unless they're the hilariously bad shows like Garzey's Wing, etc).

Apr 3, 2014 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
pLaguE_ said:
Red_Keys said:
pLaguE_ said:

I hate how much I like Chitoge's character design. She is easily the most annoying character in that series, but she's so damn cute.
Apr 3, 2014 10:39 AM

Mar 2014
SolBlade said:
pLaguE_ said:

As long as we don't get anymore abominations like Pupa, then I'm up for a good horror series. We do need more of those, but otherwise I'm fine with the industry as of now. It's been the same as it's always been in my opinion, it's just that people only seem to remember the "good shows" of the past and leave the bad things behind (unless they're the hilariously bad shows like Garzey's Wing, etc).

I have no problem with whats out right now, however it would be nice to have some good horror anime to come out. Of course please nothing like Pupa :x
Apr 3, 2014 10:44 AM

Mar 2014
Red_Keys said:
pLaguE_ said:
Red_Keys said:
pLaguE_ said:

I hate how much I like Chitoge's character design. She is easily the most annoying character in that series, but she's so damn cute.

The only real reason I keep up with the show is because of what you said and because I like to laugh. Otherwise it wouldn't keep my attention.
Apr 3, 2014 11:08 AM

Apr 2012
I think there are enough anime that are not SoL or romance or whatever you desribed, only thing that I would really like is if they would tone down significantly the amount of 14-20 year old main characters in my action/military or whatever other genre that isnt romance/sol anime. Cause no it doesnt make sense for High schoolers to be in the military and frankly I am sick of seeing them all the time. I consider 10-60 as an agespan which is fit for main characters to have, and 14-20 is only 6 years. For the fact that out of a 50 year agespan the same 6 years are chosen like 80% of the time is really annoying me. 6 out of 50 is 12%, so about 12% of shows should have 14-20 year olds as main characters, but fact of the matter is that its waaaay more than that. And I am strictly talking about non romance and non sol shows here, altough those shouldnt really be limited to teenagers either. But japan sure has this weird obsession with their youth and its kinda annoying but its probably not going to change anytime soon.
Apr 3, 2014 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
yeah, not really into the slice of life genre (i'll add something useful one day maybe if i find something)
Apr 3, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2007
No, I'm perfectly fine with the types of anime that get made today. And to anyone who's dissatisfied: have you even attempted to move the needle by financially supporting the kinds of shows you like? Case in point:

portgas and quote-chainer Mayukachan said:
I want a market where Samurai Flamenco can at least break even. And some shit like Infinite Stratos sells a shit ton.
Did you buy it, or do you intend to buy it? If not, then what you really want is for other people to buy what you like instead of what they like.

ezaya said:
Add more seinen genre.
So more Hidamari Sketch, K-On!, Lucky Star, Strawberry Marshmallow, Minami-ke, Chuu2koi, Milky Holmes, and Nanoha? Sounds good to me.

TheNaturalPerm said:
don't get me wrong. It's perfectly fine with me to have 2-3 moe shows a season. but not...15.
Sure, let's go back to 1996 when there were only 15 total anime made per season.
Apr 3, 2014 12:06 PM

Apr 2013
Zalis said:

ezaya said:
Add more seinen genre.
So more Hidamari Sketch, K-On!, Lucky Star, Strawberry Marshmallow, Minami-ke, Chuu2koi, Milky Holmes, and Nanoha? Sounds good to me.

Lucky Star aint seinen
Apr 3, 2014 12:21 PM

Jun 2012
Enough of these "I want the industry to look like X instead of Y" threads. It's made even more comedic by the fact few of these proponents of change, a warped industry to their repulsive wills, have done virtually nothing to contribute financially.

How do you expect certain shows to do well when you don't support the ones you yourself like?

Cupquake said:
Zalis said:

ezaya said:
Add more seinen genre.

Lucky Star aint seinen

#Cherrypicking #Spite
Apr 3, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2011
Zalis said:
ezaya said:
Add more seinen genre.

Lucky Star, Chuu2koi, Strawberry Marshmallow aren't seinen,
Also the only seinen manga of Nanoha it's Force and i wonder how Nanoha is related with any of those manga/anime.
PralandApr 3, 2014 12:30 PM
Apr 3, 2014 1:06 PM

Dec 2012
SolBlade said:
then I'm up for a good horror series.

I hope Tokyo Ghoul anime will be a good adapation. The manga is super good, and I generally don't even like Horror and gore ( to be fair, there is not a lot of gore).
Apr 3, 2014 2:47 PM
Jan 2013
No. Stop complaining, please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2014 2:49 PM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
SolBlade said:
then I'm up for a good horror series.

I hope Tokyo Ghoul anime will be a good adapation. The manga is super good, and I generally don't even like Horror and gore ( to be fair, there is not a lot of gore).

In that case, I'll look forward to it. I really do hope it gets a good adaptation if it's as good as you say it is.

Apr 3, 2014 3:19 PM
Jul 2018
The only change I want is more CLAMP original anime, they are so under-appreciated. Also that anatomy, so jelly.
Apr 3, 2014 3:32 PM

Oct 2009
anime nowadays sucks as far as i can tell
Apr 3, 2014 3:40 PM

Jun 2012
Praland said:
Zalis said:
ezaya said:
Add more seinen genre.

Lucky Star, Chuu2koi, Strawberry Marshmallow aren't seinen,
Also the only seinen manga of Nanoha it's Force and i wonder how Nanoha is related with any of those manga/anime.
That's irrelevant, he was rolling off the names he could think of to prove a somewhat valid point, albeit extremist.
Apr 3, 2014 3:49 PM
Jan 2014
Joke's on you, it's already changing to my taste! Just look at the upcoming seasons. Face it people, we're entering a new age of robot, and it will be glorious.
Apr 3, 2014 3:54 PM

Nov 2011
Zalis said:
No, I'm perfectly fine with the types of anime that get made today. And to anyone who's dissatisfied: have you even attempted to move the needle by financially supporting the kinds of shows you like? Case in point:

portgas and quote-chainer Mayukachan said:
I want a market where Samurai Flamenco can at least break even. And some shit like Infinite Stratos sells a shit ton.
Did you buy it, or do you intend to buy it? If not, then what you really want is for other people to buy what you like instead of what they like.

ezaya said:
Add more seinen genre.

TheNaturalPerm said:
don't get me wrong. It's perfectly fine with me to have 2-3 moe shows a season. but not...15.
Sure, let's go back to 1996 when there were only 15 total anime made per season.

Some of those aren't seinen(LN's, orginal or published in a shonen manga).

If you wanted to make a point, just list all of the manga published in Manga Time Kirara, aside from 'School live!' since that one is very gory/dark compared to everything else published in those magazines.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Apr 3, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2008
Dalis said:
Joke's on you, it's already changing to my taste! Just look at the upcoming seasons. Face it people, we're entering a new age of robot, and it will be glorious.
Now you've jinxed it.
Apr 3, 2014 4:02 PM

Feb 2014
i agree with you, when i look at the lineups these days, they all have similar plots and character designs and genres and all that stuff, but what definitely needs to be revived and should be more of is horror. I feel that the horror genre is somewhat of a minority and there should be a lot more of it around, like really big series, because im scared that attack on titan might be what people have in mind if they think of horror, and not stuff like higurashi and another which is i feel is true horror

Apr 3, 2014 4:21 PM

Dec 2011
I'm an #oldschool with a lot of animus, I agree.

We need moar mature shit with a lot of gore and action, because it's manly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2014 4:31 PM

Oct 2009
xJapaliicious said:

no u have shit taste brother. and your opinion is wrong

and by brother, i mean never my brother
Apr 3, 2014 4:37 PM

Dec 2011
RandomChampion said:
xJapaliicious said:

no u have shit taste brother. and your opinion is wrong

and by brother, i mean never my brother
your taste is shit ;)
Apr 3, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2012
Ckan said:
Dalis said:
Now you've jinxed it.
I'm not even sure what he's referring to. Mecha has been one of the most pivotal, widely acclaimed genres for decades.
Apr 3, 2014 4:54 PM
Nov 2013
Is hard for me to say the difference between the new and the old anime. I mean, the art and the animation obviously are different, but for me anime is still anime. Statistically I give higher scores to older shows, but today we have so much stuff... Actually is fucking incredible, if you search a little bit I'm sure you can find pretty good stuff among the new anime. And the moe isn't something new, also of course we have more SoL/cute girls doing cute things today, we have more of everything.
Apr 3, 2014 5:04 PM

Aug 2013
Why are people talking about old and new anime? The OP was talking about certain anime genres being more predominant than others not comparing new anime to old anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» If your favorite anime exploded in popularity to the point that everyone in socmed talks about it, would you like it or not?

Rinrinka - 13 minutes ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
24 seconds ago

» Would you or have you watched anime with your family (1 or more members)?

ToastWithNutella - 9 hours ago

27 by BitChilly »»
1 minute ago

» Guys I did it!

TsutanaiFuun - 8 hours ago

22 by BitChilly »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 8 hours ago

13 by Zettaiken »»
21 minutes ago

» Let's Hope the Whole "Girls Golfing" Is A New Thing That Keeps Going...

simonitro - 7 hours ago

6 by MasterTasuke »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.