Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
1. the 'middle-east' precure using calculators to attack was funny.

2. those girls say 'miss fortune' as a good thing

3. Iona = boss. She's voiced by Tomatsu, Haruka, who also voices haruka from Sakura Trick. #TeamIona

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 23, 2014 10:44 PM
Sep 2007
TAKEHITO KOYASU.

Also, , Masuko Mika, I mean Masuko Miyo.
KleferiMar 23, 2014 10:50 PM
Mar 23, 2014 10:50 PM
Mar 2012
CURE FORTUUUUUUNE YESSSS. Everyone looked pretty cute in their yukatas.
Mar 23, 2014 11:47 PM
Jun 2011
good episode with cure fortune and i wonder what hime did to make cure fortune tell megumi not to trust her also next week finally we will see cure honey
Mar 23, 2014 11:50 PM
Sep 2007
elior1 said:
good episode with cure fortune and i wonder what hime did to make cure fortune tell megumi not to trust her also next week finally we will see cure honey
What are you talking about, you saw her since the very first episode.
Mar 24, 2014 12:03 AM
Jun 2011
Psajdak said:
elior1 said:
What are you talking about, you saw her since the very first episode.
we sew yuko but i didn't guess until this episode that she is cure honey and beside there is lot we don't know like how she became precure since it seems she didn't got the device from blue
Mar 24, 2014 12:29 AM
Sep 2007
I don't know, it was too obvious Yuko is Cure Honey.

Lots of fanarts over the net, opening + on MAL page for HCP! her name is visible with her in her Precure form.
Mar 24, 2014 1:27 AM
Jun 2011
Psajdak said:
I don't know, it was too obvious Yuko is Cure Honey.

Lots of fanarts over the net, opening + on MAL page for HCP! her name is visible with her in her Precure form.
the weird thing is it seems she didn't got the device from blue and by the preview it seems her device change is different from megumi and hime
Mar 24, 2014 1:49 AM

Apr 2009
I liked the Yes Precure 5 throwback and the international Cures, hopefully Toei will give us a full season with such a premise in the future.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Mar 24, 2014 2:36 AM

Nov 2008
This episode was actually surprising, and not in the "Dammit, how could Toei screw something this obvious" bad way, but in the "Holy macaroni" good way! Mostly because of yes, the international Cures. They said it was a global threat and they actually delivered, good job Toei. Hopefully they do things and aren't as ignored as the international Godannar robots in SRW. The not-Mika was funny as well, but it worries me they are suddenly pandering to Yes a bit too much, what with being the first show with a repeat Cure, having a character based on a recurring Yes character and reusing one of its villain VAs, but to be fair Takehito Koyasu isn't just Scorp but AS1 Fusion as well, Toei loves having him voicing baddies it seems. Speaking of the promo-Cures Pine is cute and all but it's a bit sad Fresh ALSO gets a second Cure while Suite and DokiDoki are ignored, and it can't even wave "my show had two seasons" like Yes did. Ah well.

On the ACTUAL episode, because yes, that was all for the pre-opening sequence and a cameo. Well, the actual episode doesn't have much to complain about, they delivered with the global thing as said, they acknowledged how useless our two villains are, we got a GAR villain, seeing Megumi and Hime in yukata was cute and it was nice to see Hime being funny and friendly and Megumi being helpful but not overbearing. The Iona introduction was kind of forced sadly, instead of showing Fortune looking at things from afar we could've seen Iona around doing these things they say she does, but nope, an infodump was deemed the better choice. Toei, you just delivered in the "show" part with the global Cures and now are back to telling. Reminds me of the Madoka movies cutting Homura in gym class but leaving in Sayaka saying how agile she is. Also "Miss Fortune" is a terrible way to hide who she is, not there is much of a mystery. Oh well, no big deal.

The fight was pretty good too: Hime got to do a new move, Megumi showed the costume changes aren't a one-time thing and Oresky who is awesome did the Baron Ashura thing of having a second monster hidden for a masterstroke. Cure Fortune finally remembered she can fight and was pretty epic as well. And hey, Oresky's reason to leave amused me.

The preview has Cure Honey, about time! Damn, I haven't complained much, so I'll say Doremi was really dumb even for its low standards. Come on, they're in France, the joke is they're talking in French despite being a Japanese show, WHY THE HELL DO YOU TRANSLATE MERÇI? Do you think we're so stupid we don't know the most famous French word in the world, or do you hate foreign languages so much? You left olé untouched, so no excuses. But hey, at least they finish the shows they translate.
Mar 24, 2014 4:30 AM

Oct 2011
^actually about re-using VA there is also Ribbon who has same as Ms. Shitataare.

Once more best part of this thing is what happens before the episode... international Precure thing was nice and awesome to see Masuko Mika back. Now Toei do the smart thing, slowly move Hime and Megumi to role of secondary supporting characters and bring back Yes! girls. It would work with Honey as someone who learns from more experienced friends.
Also Black being Black in the trailer :3

As for the rest. It was better than last week which wasn't hard tbh.
Hime spliting whatever-it-was-called was a nice thing, there is some hope for her. Also being more open without Megumi being in the way (it felt there is less of Mana Mk2 this time). So this was pretty decent and I look forward to more of it. Just drop teh drama, it's not needed :P
Unfortunatelly it seems that Fortune is more or less Moonlight type. Can't they do once more powerfull Precure who isn't mean - it worked fine with Milky Rose.

I do like bad guys so far - I have no idea why candies are supposed to cause despair but well. Commander Orange was great too.

Next week it seems that Honey joins - so watch or drop moment for this show approaches.
Mar 24, 2014 10:40 AM

Oct 2010
ZettaiRyouiki said:
Speaking of the promo-Cures Pine is cute and all but it's a bit sad Fresh ALSO gets a second Cure while Suite and DokiDoki are ignored, and it can't even wave "my show had two seasons" like Yes did. Ah well.

Asahi.co.jp site says that Cure Rhythm will appear in the next episode :3
Mar 24, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2012
"You are small and cute, and we don't see foreigners often!"

Hime is supposed to be a foreigner? Hard to tell when she is a main character of an anime ... but that's interesting!
witchwingsMar 24, 2014 12:45 PM
Mar 24, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2012
I liked everything about this episode except for one thing: Cure Fortune literally stealing the spotlight and BOTH Terribad kills from the leads. Like what the hell! Sure, there are fans clamouring for her reappearances, but having her do all the work so effortlessly like that just negated the tension the ambush created...

Watching the international Cures was awesome, visually flavorful, and very refreshing! I hope that they all come together for the finale as one literal army of Cures with the main duo leading the front.
Mar 24, 2014 2:17 PM

Feb 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
I liked the Yes Precure 5 throwback and the international Cures, hopefully Toei will give us a full season with such a premise in the future.

Next Precure show:
Cure Pink is Caucasian.
Cure Black is African.
Cure Yellow is Asian.
Cure Green is Indian.
Cure Blue is in a wheelchair and is smart.

HYPE

Another Kindabad episode. Luckily Koyasu saved it from being Terribad. The whole thing about teaching girls to be good is just hilarious haha. "Use your money wisely!" "They shared with me so I should share with them too!"

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 24, 2014 2:43 PM
Jul 2018
ZetaZaku said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Next Precure show:
Cure Pink is Caucasian.
Cure Black is African.
Cure Yellow is Asian.
Cure Green is Indian.

are we in the 90s again
Mar 24, 2014 2:51 PM

Nov 2008
Eiko_Carol said:
Asahi.co.jp site says that Cure Rhythm will appear in the next episode :3

Right, I heard this so go remembering Suite exists, finally!

fuven said:
"You are small and cute, and we don't see foreigners often!"

Hime is supposed to be a foreigner? Hard to tell when she is a main character of an anime ... but that's interesting!

Remember her real name, the Himelda yadda yadda long one.

aNinjaWithAIDS said:
I liked everything about this episode except for one thing: Cure Fortune literally stealing the spotlight and BOTH Terribad kills from the leads. Like what the hell! Sure, there are fans clamouring for her reappearances, but having her do all the work so effortlessly like that just negated the tension the ambush created...

To remind us Fortune is the strongest character around, which is perfectly fine. It's not like she got half the episode: She showed up, beat them up in cool ways and finished them off. Plus she had the surprise factor, like the second Terribad.

ZetaZaku said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Next Precure show:
Cure Pink is Caucasian.
Cure Black is African.
Cure Yellow is Asian.
Cure Green is Indian.

HYPE

Cures aren't the McDonalds Friends Club. Or the Planeteers.
Mar 24, 2014 3:25 PM

Apr 2012
ZettaiRyouiki said:
To remind us Fortune is the strongest character around, which is perfectly fine. It's not like she got half the episode: She showed up, beat them up in cool ways and finished them off. Plus she had the surprise factor, like the second Terribad.

True, but she didn't have to steal the fight as completely as she did. Yes, intercept the ambush, but at least have the duo kill one of those two Terribads!
Mar 25, 2014 12:47 AM

Nov 2008
aNinjaWithAIDS said:
True, but she didn't have to steal the fight as completely as she did. Yes, intercept the ambush, but at least have the duo kill one of those two Terribads!

Maybe they wanted to avoid it ending like the time they wanted Ace to show off owning and killing a strong Selfish but failed because Heart did just as well against the other one. That said I agree having her kill just one and then show Lovely and Princess saying "Hey, the other one is waking up" and then kill it wouldn't be bad either. But the true reason is they used the combination attack stock animation early in the episode and they aren't as jerkish as to reuse it in the SAME episode. Let Hime beat it so their kills are equal? You're crazy.
Mar 26, 2014 6:53 PM

Oct 2008
ZetaZaku said:
Next Precure show:
Cure Pink is Caucasian.
Cure Black is African.
Cure Yellow is Asian.
Cure Green is Indian.

With their powers combined, they'll summon Saban's Sailor Moon!
http://youtu.be/Q7Hge38AkFg?t=1m52s

I'm glad they addressed the worldwide problem by having worldwide Precure, pretty cool that! One thing I've noticed about Cure Honey so far is that overall she's a mellow, happy and nice character, it'd be nice if they added some flaws later on, because so far she's pretty bland.

There is never enough Takehito Koyasu, man he's a riot to listen to! Love his military GAR type character.

I know this isn't going to happen, but just like there's "damage" when Precure don't succeed, I'd love to see Precure not succeeding and the place/building getting all moldy and stuff. It's not gonna happen (mmmaybe at the very end of the series) but it'd be cool to give the bad guys some leverage.
Mar 27, 2014 10:17 PM

Jul 2011
I really enjoyed this episode. Mostly because it finally addressed some questions I had. Most the whole, Precures around the world thing. Wasn't sure if this was going to be, just the current 8 teams we have, fighting in different part's of the world or are there going to be Cures we have not seen. This episode answered that question. Not, sure if there going to do anything with that or not and, besides the movie, are the other old teams going to show up in this season. Kind like what Gokigers did.. Only time will tell.

What really surprised me was the, cameo appearance. Masuko Mika, is not one of my all time favorite side-characters in Precure, but it was still cool to see her. This makes me wonder if other side-characters or former villains well show up?

Really like Takehito Koyasu. I just like the way he looks and acts.

Finally, it was nice to see more of Cure Fortune. Want to know more why she hates Cure Princess.

Overall I liked like this episode.
4 out of 5.
Apr 4, 2014 10:57 AM

Apr 2009
animedude1287 said:

Finally, it was nice to see more of Cure Fortune. Want to know more why she hates Cure Princess.

I'm willing to pull a guess that it may have something to do with Cure Princess being spoiled, scared constantly and becoming somewhat useless. But i suppose we won't know for sure until more episodes pick up.
Apr 4, 2014 11:44 PM

Nov 2008
starwarriorrobby said:
Cure Princess being spoiled,

A trait she barely showed and was only once the focus. Plus her latest appearances show this is hardly the case now, see: sharing the rice cracker.

starwarriorrobby said:
scared constantly

In a fight she got past that very early. Social awkwardness is different and even then she has gotten past that too.

starwarriorrobby said:
and becoming somewhat useless.

The only time she was "useless" is the one episode that reeked of Pink Cure Bias and that's not her fault. Otherwise she's plenty competent.
Apr 6, 2014 12:36 AM

Apr 2009
ZettaiRyouiki said:

A trait she barely showed and was only once the focus. Plus her latest appearances show this is hardly the case now, see: sharing the rice cracker.

In a fight she got past that very early. Social awkwardness is different and even then she has gotten past that too.

The only time she was "useless" is the one episode that reeked of Pink Cure Bias and that's not her fault. Otherwise she's plenty competent.

Ah ok. I guess that make sense.
Apr 9, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2011
starwarriorrobby said:
animedude1287 said:

I'm willing to pull a guess that it may have something to do with Cure Princess being spoiled, scared constantly and becoming somewhat useless. But i suppose we won't know for sure until more episodes pick up.

Maybe Cure Princess is hiding a secret? Maybe she had something to do with The Illusionary Empire being freed. That's just an idea.
May 24, 2014 12:42 AM

Jul 2009
Ahh it's good to be back watching this after some hiatus due to college and exams, but i'm finally done so i could catch up to this!!

The International Precure scene looks ace!!! They really should make a Precure that has tons of international teams on it, but that would probably be too overwhelming so i'm fine with the usual five :)

Lol Miyo Masuko fits her name as a Mass Communicator perfectly :)

Also Cure Pine!!!

And wow those scenes from the new Precure All Stars New Stage 3 Movie!!

When are the BD's coming out? I want to watch it!! T__T

Looks ace as hell!!

As for the episode lots of amazing moments!

First off, it seems Hime is going along with everyone so well ^^

I knew it when they became too over confident it'll backfired in the end :P

TAKEHITO KOYASU!!!!! Funny thing is that i was playing JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle and i mastered Dio Part 3. He's strong as hell and love his WRRRRRYY!!!! >:)

And i just finished Episode 8 of JoJo Part 3, DIO!!!!!!

He really sounds like Dio here!!!!!! COME ON SAIYAK!!!!!!

I was hoping 4 Saiyak since there are 4 captured humans. They're transformation got interrupted, but Cure Fortune to the rescue!!!

She seems to have some bad blood over Hime T___T

And yeah Cure Honey is already spoiled as hell so what's the point of hiding it :P

Love the episode! Want more!!!
Jun 12, 2014 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
LOL "Send your fan letters to me" with the other enemies waving on the camera.

I am starting to like the Precure's random attacks. I mostly like Cure Lovely though.

Series is getting better. Not sure what to rate the episode though.

Gee even Cure Fortune (Who reminds me a lot of Sword) (obvious who she was) has to rub the nose thing to get the card? I thought it was only for that one fairy. That is really lame concept on this season. I was fine with before like Smile defeating enemies forming cards and other series.

Seems like next episode so obvious who next precure is lol.
RPGX_OmegaJun 12, 2014 11:18 AM
Jan 29, 2015 3:43 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
Well Cure Fortune is a fucking degenerative cunt. Fuck Cure Fortune

Jan 22, 2019 6:58 AM

Jul 2015
Freaking Dio's VA is one of the villains, this is glorious.

me_irl

Very fun episode that also gave us more of Cure Fortune, who warned Lovely to be careful with Princess, I need to see what happened in the past for her to feel this way.
Jun 6, 2019 12:21 AM
Jul 2018
Kleferi said:
TAKEHITO KOYASU.

Also, , Masuko Mika, I mean Masuko Miyo.

Takehito Koyasu?? Darn, I thought I was hearing Kenjiro Tsuda =3=

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 42 Discussion

NV2301 - Dec 2, 2014

10 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 16, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 10 Discussion

danz - Apr 5, 2014

30 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Sep 5, 2023 9:22 PM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 36 Discussion

SamyAino - Oct 12, 2014

9 by Atsunome »»
Jul 11, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 24 Discussion

cjkira99 - Jul 13, 2014

19 by Atsunome »»
Jul 6, 2023 9:14 AM

Poll: » Happiness Charge Precure! Episode 7 Discussion

Kaengel - Mar 16, 2014

30 by Atsunome »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.