Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2014 10:02 AM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It begins.

So, in this episode:
  • Ryuuko was reunited with Senketsu.
  • Gurren Lagann Callback Transformation.
  • Ryuuko cut off Nui's arms and destroyed them. Regeneration impossible.
  • Nui gets saved by Rei - doesn't like it one bit.
  • Nui swears revenge on them, and also threatens to kill Rei.
  • ORIGINAL CLUB CAPTAINS SAVED. (Yes!)
  • Iori is a 3 Star - Sewing Spec Uniform. (Order Regalia)
  • Iori alters Junketsu's new form with Satsuki's DNA, as well as Ryuuko's blood and Senketsu's life fibers.
  • Satsuki can now use Junketsu more easily. (Unclear how far this goes)
  • Iori gets to work creating new, fighting-spec'd uniforms for all club captains and others. (YES!)
  • Touching "Forgiving Punch" moment with Satsuki, Ryuuko, and all their allies.
  • Ryuuko and Satsuki put their differences aside and have dinner with everyone.
  • Satsuki explains how Covers replicate and expand throughout the universe by essentially killing worlds.
  • Ryuuko has a moment with Senketsu - teases him about getting lonely.
  • Ragyou hints that the marionette threads must not have been tight enough, just after hanging up on a call about NUI.
  • COVERS and OLF attack the Naked Sun.
  • Ryuuko tries to call Satsuki "Nee-san" (Sister), but is stopped by Satsuki, who says that her blood flowing in Junketsu is enough for her.
  • Broketsu cries.
  • Sister Dual Transformation. Junketsu now has Senketsu's abilities due to the transfer.
  • Combat-spec COVER attacks the Naked Sun - is pushed back by...
  • FIGHT CLUB SPEC TWO STAR UNIFORM MAKO MANKANSHOKU. (See Spoiler)

So. That was really. Really. Really. REALLY well done. A lot of exposition and action in the same episode - some clever hints were also dropped that even now, not all is as it seems.

• BRSxIgnitionMar 13, 2014 8:32 PM
    "Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
    - Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
    Mar 13, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2013
    M6.1
    Mar 13, 2014 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
    BANCHOU MAKO HAS RETURNED!

Also,it was nice to see female Viral again. Good episode.
    Mar 13, 2014 10:34 AM

Oct 2011
    orfevre said:
    M6.1
    6.1 - 6.4.

Happened as the show was airing it seems.
    "Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
    - Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
    Mar 13, 2014 10:49 AM

Feb 2014
    Mako gets her uniform back? More like yes
    Mar 13, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2011
    Finally, sisters fighting side by side. What a bond. Everyone going to be united soon too. NUDIST BEACH.
    Mar 13, 2014 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
    Jesus, a "hated it" vote already?

Subs aren't even out yet. Ridiculous.
    Powerful eyebrows.
    Mar 13, 2014 11:19 AM

May 2008
    I'm getting really sick and tired of Crunchyroll/Aniplex's gross incompetence. They can release Kill la Kill in Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese on time, but not English is just baffling.
    Underwater will take until the end of the day, so we've got a bit of time to wait.

New Junketsu is looking good on Satsuki! I think we all knew she'd don it again. Now both sisters are in their Kamui ready for the series climax!

I do hope that 6.1M is just a minor inconvenience for Japan. Looks like there's no risk for a tsunami, which is good.
    Mar 13, 2014 12:03 PM

Oct 2013
    Good ep, show is steadily approaching climax

Also powerpuff girls anyone?
    Mar 13, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2010
    Finally, Ryuuko and Satsuki talked after this, they started fighting together and Mako is in the fight with banchou mode ^^
    Ryuuko wanted to say ''nee-chan'' but she feels embarrassed and blushed. I think that was very cute, seeing her blushing face.
    Mar 13, 2014 12:10 PM

Oct 2008
    After last weeks episode I had so many doubts, concerning Mako and Satsuki, number one being just a stupid and useless side-gag without any real reason to exist or rather no real progression concerning character and plot and number two being kind of a Mary Sue, almost always spot on and Miss Perfect.

Wow this episode blew everything away and I'm really thankful for that. Especially that Satsuki made some character development. About damn time!

The club leaders are back! Thank god, they weren't introduced for nothing!

Also armless Nui.(I guess she has been... disarmed) As much as I adore her, she goddamn deserved that! Hail the psychos! (◕‿◕✿)
    YurikoRaineMar 13, 2014 12:34 PM
    Mar 13, 2014 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
    alright happy that they found atleast a somewhat logical reason for satsuki to wear junketsu again, albeit still weird after how much was needed to get ryuko out of it. pls no berserker mode satsuki because she loses control. just pls trigger

dat synchronized transformation <3

RETURN OF MAKOTARO

great episode. cannot believe that kill la kill is almost over :(
    Mar 13, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2008
    xSanox said:
    pls no berserker mode satsuki because she loses control. just pls trigger

This is the last thing on my list I want to happen. If they put that one in, it's an instant 12/10 for me and I'm not kidding.
    Mar 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Sep 2012
    "Nee... nee... nee..."

So close ! So close !
    Mar 13, 2014 12:28 PM
    Dec 2012
    Not gonna lie...That felt like those filler movies for shounen rofl.
    Mar 13, 2014 12:35 PM
    Nov 2013
    Mako with the uniform, yes yes.
    Now i'm happy forever.
    Mar 13, 2014 12:36 PM

May 2013
    >based Satsuki-sama
    >crazy Nui
    >Nudist Picknick
    >JACKPOT Finish is pretty much comfirmed
    >Mako getting her Uniform back

What more could you possibly want?
    Mar 13, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
    Satsuki and Ryuko now acting as one....

YES YES YES.
    "Komugi, are you there?"

Mar 13, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
    xSanox said:
    great episode. cannot believe that kill la kill is almost over :(

I want to cry ;.;
    Mar 13, 2014 12:40 PM

Feb 2013
    This episode was so good, I had to watch it a second time after I finished it.
    Just kill Nui already, she's the creepiest thing I've seen in a long time.
    Senketsu crying and Ryuukos comment was pretty heartwarming to see.
    Satsuki wearing this black coat at sunset = most epic win ever.
    The Elite Four has to survive those last two episodes, pls.
    "Nee..nee...nee..." I think I would have died I've she'd finish this sentance.
    + Give the one who wrote the preview a medal "We have to beat her before
    this happens and this anime would be over."

dunsparcedude said:
    BANCHOU MAKO HAS RETURNED!

Mar 13, 2014 1:07 PM
    Mar 2014
    A lot of people seem to think that Satsuki is doing to die before the show is finished, given the flags that were raised in this episode, like acknowledging that Ryuko is her sister, and her talk of how this is her "last battle".
    Mar 13, 2014 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
    The end is coming, but will be a cool end, ´m pretty sure about that
    Mar 13, 2014 1:46 PM
    Mar 2011
    that seiyu for nui is really impressive
    also, every episode from 20+ felt like the climax seriously.
    Mar 13, 2014 2:00 PM
    Oct 2013
    xSanox said:

The "ultimate Kamui" (Shinra-Koketsu, I assume) has three pairs of eye-like openings below its face (http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140221180224/kill-la-kill/images/4/4a/Ep19-shinrakoketsu.jpg) like those of the Covers and the eyes seen in the background in the opening when it shows Satsuki tied up by Life Fibers.
    Mar 13, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
    Kokopelli said:
    xSanox said:

The "ultimate Kamui" (Shinra-Koketsu, I assume) has three pairs of eye-like openings below its face (http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140221180224/kill-la-kill/images/4/4a/Ep19-shinrakoketsu.jpg) like those of the Covers and the eyes seen in the background in the opening when it shows Satsuki tied up by Life Fibers.

i know that is why i am worried. it is gonna be some bullshit like ragyo can give junketsu orders. pretty much the only thing that could happen that might ruin the ending for me.

Mar 13, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
    I have no idea how this is going to end :v
    Mar 13, 2014 2:26 PM
    Apr 2013
    Production Issues... Delayed by approximately 12-24 hours, hmmm.

So, wait, fan-subbers, who do this shit for free, have their shit together while mega-corporations, who possess vastly superior technology, deep pockets of cash and sizeable man-power can't deliver?

Something to think about...

Mar 13, 2014 2:45 PM
    Oct 2013
    GUYS! That earthquake was that thing that came out from the ocean D: let's pray for Ryuuko and Satsuki-sama
    Great if not EPIC episode. next week will be awesome
    Mar 13, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2013
    Nui is fu**ing creepy
    Ryuko has the complete Scissor Blade now
    As expected, the sisters against the evil mom :)
    Ryuko almost says "Nee-chan" :D
    Makotaro is back !!!
    Danpmss said:
    I have no idea how this is going to end :v

You are not the only one :)
    Mar 13, 2014 2:47 PM
    The Shrike

Nov 2009
    I loved seeing more of the soft side of Satsuki that we've only seen glimpses of before and seeing Nui 'disarmed' was brilliant. The side by side transformation was epic too.

But I must admit i found Mako and her family a total distraction this episode. I know what they're supposed to represent, but whenever they intervene, I feel that all seriousness/drama is sucked out of the situation. Which is fine when they're having dinner/spending time together, but not during the middle of combat.
    "Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 13, 2014 2:57 PM
    Jan 2014
    Good episode in my opinion.
    I liked how they handled the Ryuoko/Satsuki interaction.
    The end is close I'm gonna miss Kill la Kill.
    Mar 13, 2014 3:14 PM

Dec 2006
    I almost died when ryuuko was trying to call Satsuki Nee-Sama omg ;_; I love you trigger.

Now just kill Nui because I hate her and give us some GamagoriXMako and I can die happy :)
    can't wait for next episode!!.
    Mar 13, 2014 3:25 PM

Sep 2012
    So many awesome things happened this episode I don't even know where to begin...
    So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
    Mar 13, 2014 3:27 PM

Feb 2014
    Kill la Kill episode 23 preview!
    Seems like Satsuki and Ryuko are going to engage in a battle against Ragyo, and the four devas got their goku uniforms back. It's only been a few hours and I'm already craving for the next episode, damn
    Mar 13, 2014 3:37 PM

Aug 2013
    HOLY SHIT GUYS IT'S HAPPENING
    THE TWO SISTERS FIGHTING TOGETHER AGAINST THEIR MOM
    RYUUKO BACK WITH SENKETSU
    RYUUKO BLUSHING AFTER BEING TOUCHED BY SATSUKI SPEECH
    RYUUKO TRYING TO CALL SATSUKI NEE-SAMA
    MAKO BEING BADASS AGAIN

On a more serious note, was the big Cover the thing Nui was building?

Nui have crossed the crazy line, she can't go back (neither get her arms back :P ).

Gamagori always making two much xD
    Taking a punch in the face and taking nine of those remover thingy.
    «Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
    - Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
    Mar 13, 2014 3:41 PM
    Mar 2013
    oh my goodness, what an amazing episode! All I've watched were the raws but damn! I don't know, but I'm getting a bad feeling about Mako. I feel like she raised a death flag at the end of the episode, maybe I'm just over thinking it but still Dx Please more Gamako!
    Mar 13, 2014 4:01 PM

Apr 2012
    Satsuki nee
    Mar 13, 2014 5:05 PM
    May 2013
    omg...so EPIC, MY BLOOD IS BOILING!!!!
    this gotta be the anime of the year
    p.s. feel like satsuki will probably die at the end
    Mar 13, 2014 5:29 PM

Dec 2012
    Damn, I regret watching this anime. The worst part, I only realized it 2 episodes ago.

Hopefully the ending is good.
    Mar 13, 2014 5:44 PM

Feb 2014
    It doesn't take raws to know my prediction was right... Harime cracked
    And thank god for Jotaro Mako..
    5/5
    Mar 13, 2014 5:47 PM

Feb 2014
    Ryuko will still die.. End the life fibers and you end her.. And seeing as how Satsuki wants to destroy the LF... Humanity or her sister? Who goes?
    Mar 13, 2014 5:56 PM

Sep 2013
    MAKO IS BACK! GET HYPED!
    Mar 13, 2014 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
    Amazing episode. So everyone is going to get an outfit it seems, and the two sisters synchronizing with their God robes was really eye candy to see.
    Mar 13, 2014 6:23 PM

Oct 2012
    Just holy fuck, what more could Trigger put in to make this episode even greater than it already is, so much good stuff all from Nui getting her shit handled to her and dat friendly family meal, two star Mako returns this and next up we are getting even more action and goodies.
    Mar 13, 2014 6:25 PM

Jun 2012
    YOOOOOOOO this episode was the bee's knees
    Let's see what we get here:
    More great character development from Satsuki
    Warm and cute moments with Senketsu and Ryuko
    JOTARO MAKO
    A bunch of humorous moments between the cast (Aikuro being surprised at satsuki calling him "Mr." was funny and cute)
    Wow this episode had everything, including Nui getting shit on. Too bad it's almost over now ;_;
    Mar 13, 2014 6:34 PM
    Nov 2013
    Two word to say: F*** Yeah!

Another great character development episode...it was somewhat excruiating waiting for this episode to be released but man, it's crazy how I procrashinate just to watch this! MAKO is back wearing that Jo-Jo esque Two Star goku uniform, Ryuuko and Satsuki are finally bonding and the Four devas w/ the Naked Apes are now have a true alliance together...It was crazy how Nui's arms came off just like her eyes...thus making her lose her cool completely and being furious as ever.

Also, dat senketsu bond with Ryuuko at the dinner...I guess he could be a little lonely at times! KLK never ceases to amaze me...10/10. Based Underwater Subs saved the week once again. Next week is going to be episode 19/20 part 2...pure madness.
    Mar 13, 2014 6:38 PM

Aug 2010
    So was Iori always a three star or did he just get one made just recently? (I thought his old one was two star)
    Mar 13, 2014 6:45 PM

Feb 2014
    As much as I LOVE the action in the anime the heartwarming feelings that were shown when they were all eating and Satsuki laughing at the Elite 4 made me soo happy. When Ryuuko almost said sister I had a super grin on my face. All I was thinking it's so adorable.

Then

The double synchronization with Don't Lose your Way was icing on the cake and I know I've said this about every episode of KLK but wow this was AMAZING.
    Mar 13, 2014 6:45 PM

Feb 2014
    stickmansam said:
    So was Iori always a three star or did he just get one made just recently? (I thought his old one was two star)

He was always three star. IIRC the third star was like a chain thing that connected his coat.

NOPE never mind. I was just seeing this. I'm blind.
    TisumiiMar 13, 2014 6:59 PM
    Mar 13, 2014 6:46 PM

Jan 2014
    #thursdaybestanimeday

Hell to the freaking yes! This episode was epic and a nice way to end my favourite day for anime. I'm looking forward to the rest of this series and I'm so happy I picked it up 18 episodes in. (I would have dropped it after episode 1 because of excess nudity but the access to more episodes made me stick around.)

Golden time check
    NagiAsu Check
    Kill la kill Check
    Samumenco Check
    Mahou sensou Check

My thursday rankings are above and I can't wait for me! It'll be sad to see all my thursday shows go..
    Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
    Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
    Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
    Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
    Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
    Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Mar 27, 2014

955 by NullZweiChan »»
    Apr 14, 10:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.