Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2009 9:02 PM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Aug 23, 2009 10:11 PM

Sep 2008
haha karin is poor now XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 24, 2009 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
Holy snap, the Hatsune Miku old timer actually spoke!
Aug 24, 2009 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
LOL @ Klaus guy when he asked who is she and was ignored
looks like the dropping was FAIL
hmm
Aug 24, 2009 5:54 PM

Mar 2008
garfield15 said:

LOL yeah that was the "epic" moment of this episode LOL
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2009 10:46 PM

Oct 2008
Getting close to the end, I have a feeling next episode is going to be somewhat heavy.

I Lol'd hard when they all have to be cramped up on the elevator when theres stairs.

Me likey Karin, gimmie more karin next episode :]
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Aug 26, 2009 6:34 PM

Jan 2009
this has really turned out to be a great series but besides kuniko karin is the best i'd love to have mad hacking skills like that
Aug 27, 2009 4:30 AM

Mar 2009
good episode, this show saved its best part to the end. i guess i'll mis it when it's over...

Zero_r2 said:
haha karin is poor now XD

lol.

paskyx said:
I Lol'd hard when they all have to be cramped up on the elevator when theres stairs.

haha that was funny.

garfield15 said:

what? i didn't notice that :S :/
Aug 27, 2009 9:01 AM

Oct 2007
"Welcome to the Endless EightForest."

Now I need that kind of skill "2 fingers hacking"

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 27, 2009 3:27 PM

Mar 2009
Medusa will pwn the world I know.
Aug 28, 2009 12:36 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
this might be the most confusing show i've ever watched o__o

i wonder how this is going to wrap up!
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 28, 2009 7:24 PM

Apr 2008
Karin tio bankrupt

Aug 29, 2009 6:00 PM

Jul 2008
Naruleach said:

In what is this show confusing?

Good episode :).
Aug 29, 2009 11:28 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
maxime1007 said:
Naruleach said:
In what is this show confusing?
The fact that this 13 year-ish old girl is the leader of a terrorist group/whatever you want to call it. The fact that grown men just instantly accept a child as their leader. This whole idea of the daggers. Where did they come from? What's their power? Miko/screaming crazy spirit/ghost. She somehow makes Atlas stable? Is that magic? So there's magic in this series? The weird diagram that Atlas was built on. Where did that come from? I have a lot of other questions from previous episodes where I was just like whaaaa?? but I can't remember them all right now. I've pretty much resigned myself to stop asking questions and just watch. I'm pretty sure half of all of my questions won't be answered by the time the series ends :/
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 30, 2009 4:29 PM

Aug 2008
Kuniko is the leader of Metal Age because Nagiko has been prepping her to do so as the the Sun. Is it any more baffling than King Tut or any of the other various civilizations who have had children as a leader?

Daggers were made to give to the 3 Digmas, as far as I can tell they allow the digmas to see that diagram on which Atlas was built, but seemingly nothing more.

Mi-ko was possessed, I don't think she makes Atlas stable since she's been away from there for quite some time. Yes, magic has been apart of the show since the beginning. Remember that Mikuni has some super crazy telekinesis.

The diagram was explained last episode (or two), but I don't remember because it was some pointless sci-fi stuff.

Feel free to ask more questions. They have in fact given an explanation for most everything "wtf" that has happened. The problem is that they keep adding more on top of the file, and have had a few episodes that are total information dumps.

Things left to cover:
Endless Forest
Kuniko and Mikuni's parents
Ryoko's motivation
Importance (if any) of Sion
Karin's Parents
Sayoko's daughter

Oh yeah, I thought this was an ok episode, but the pace was off since they had to address Medusa, do something about it, fail, reveal to Kuniko and Kunihito thier importance, take Mikuni to Atlas.
Aug 30, 2009 8:32 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
Kuniko is the leader of Metal Age because Nagiko has been prepping her to do so as the the Sun. Is it any more baffling than King Tut or any of the other various civilizations who have had children as a leader?

Daggers were made to give to the 3 Digmas, as far as I can tell they allow the digmas to see that diagram on which Atlas was built, but seemingly nothing more.

Mi-ko was possessed, I don't think she makes Atlas stable since she's been away from there for quite some time. Yes, magic has been apart of the show since the beginning. Remember that Mikuni has some super crazy telekinesis.

The diagram was explained last episode (or two), but I don't remember because it was some pointless sci-fi stuff.

Feel free to ask more questions. They have in fact given an explanation for most everything "wtf" that has happened. The problem is that they keep adding more on top of the file, and have had a few episodes that are total information dumps.

Things left to cover:
Endless Forest
Kuniko and Mikuni's parents
Ryoko's motivation
Importance (if any) of Sion
Karin's Parents
Sayoko's daughter

Oh yeah, I thought this was an ok episode, but the pace was off since they had to address Medusa, do something about it, fail, reveal to Kuniko and Kunihito thier importance, take Mikuni to Atlas.

Don't forget having all 3 daggers is a requirement to becoming the leader of atlas.

This episode was interesting. I found it a little more exciting then the last few simply because they where talking about how the worlds networks where made up.
Aug 31, 2009 9:00 PM

Jul 2008
Also Kuniko's not 13
Scarily enough she is suppose to be 18.
I think she looks like she's 13 but I suppose when you look
at her grandma's height I guess it sort of works....
Aug 31, 2009 9:41 PM

Aug 2008
I thought she was 16...17 max. That's still a child, especially because she has yet to actually feel like an adult to me. She's definitely getting there, but she has never really come off as mature despite all of the extraordinary things she'd done.
Aug 31, 2009 10:56 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
star_lit said:
oh wow i didn't know that. where does it say that she's suppose to be 18? It's really hard to believe that, seeing how she's drawn and also for the reasons you pointed out.

Also, thanks noteDhero for explaining the questions i had before :)
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 31, 2009 11:03 PM

Aug 2008
No problem, I'm pretty good at retaining information unless it's crazy sci-fi/fantasy stuff...then I just glaze over and just note that they "explained" it.
Sep 1, 2009 8:49 AM

Jul 2008
garfield15 said:
Sep 2, 2009 6:38 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
No problem, I'm pretty good at retaining information unless it's crazy sci-fi/fantasy stuff...then I just glaze over and just note that they "explained" it.

It's a mix of fantasy (sacrifices and Mi-ko, special powers) and science-fiction (carbon economy, advanced A.I. like Medusa, Atlas project)

I just hope they will wrap everything nicely at the end...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 4, 2009 9:22 PM

Feb 2009
So Medusa has turned into Skynet... Always the nukes aint it. Still it is getting a bit interesting, though some questions are still out there, some episodes still remain so hopefully we will get something.
And Kuinkos age was pretty much given away in this ep when Momoko said that they've been together for 15 years, and they didn't meet until Kuniko was atleast 3 or 4 years old, according to a flashback
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Sep 5, 2009 7:15 AM

Dec 2008
star_lit said:
Also Kuniko's not 13
eh!? really ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 5, 2009 12:52 PM
Dec 2007
Fabienne said:
star_lit said:
Also Kuniko's not 13
eh!? really ?
Billbo88 said:
And Kuinkos age was pretty much given away in this ep when Momoko said that they've been together for 15 years, and they didn't meet until Kuniko was atleast 3 or 4 years old, according to a flashback
15+3=18 (and yes, she appears to be around 3 in the flashback). Just blame Gonzo for wanting to make a flat-chested loli so much that they forgot they were actually designing an 18 year-old.

As for that Sion kid (I'm guessing you mean the stupid white-haired masochist), isn't he there just to waste time? He's just in love with Ryoko's sadism (what masochist wouldn't love a crazy woman who'd hit you in the head and belittle you for fun).

Sep 8, 2009 4:04 PM

Jul 2009
INTENSE TYPING SEQUENCE!!!!
Sep 12, 2009 1:37 AM

Jul 2008
wow so much for her get rich quick scheme; not only that but the satellite plan also failed, so what now? break into atlas?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 18, 2009 5:02 PM

Jan 2009
Now then, just finished Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, not the best thing I've seen really >.>
Anyway, time to get up to date with this one and finish it off too.

This episode then, let's see.
Oh please, I'm tired of people being sad of someone's death =.='

Although I feel a little sad for Karin, somehow that's a character that one easily gets attached to (at least I did).

"Nice angle! Nice stripe! .... Nice kick!" : D
Those old guys are pretty fun : 3

Medusa is bat-shit crazy, and goddamn cool! I want one : 3

Uugh.. Ryoko is disgusting : /
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 1, 2009 5:59 AM
May 2008
Well, things are picking up rather quickly, which is nice but so far into the series. Stuff like this should have happened long ago.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Oct 16, 2009 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
Billbo88 said:
So Medusa has turned into Skynet... Always the nukes aint it. Still it is getting a bit interesting, though some questions are still out there, some episodes still remain so hopefully we will get something.

Yeah Skynet got in to my mind also. Trying to nuke the world and all.
Now how are they gone ever stop her. I hope Medusa doesn't prove to be the only bad guy in this series.

And Mikuni doesn't have telekinesis. It's just that people who lie to her die. That's all. She is not doing it by will.
Feb 25, 2010 3:45 PM

Sep 2009
Nice episode. Looking forward to these next few episodes.
Dec 9, 2013 3:35 PM

May 2012
Oh boy this development is awesome, really wonder what they'll do to stop Medusa now! Let's see what's next but I'm sure it's going to be lovely!
Jul 5, 2014 3:14 AM

Aug 2013
Holy crap Karin was *expletive* annoying. Kuniko should have bashed her head on the table.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 13, 2016 10:06 PM

Feb 2015
Nate2k90 said:
INTENSE TYPING SEQUENCE!!!!

haha lol
--------
so medusa still won't give up. interesting. all of it is karin's fault.

also i'm really not liking the soldier boy x kuniko moments. he looks 22 at best and she looks like she barely can qualify as 16. plus, she has like nothing worth talking about, which makes him a loli-predator.....eugh...
Aug 18, 2021 8:33 AM

Aug 2017
I lost it when the old man started typing with just 2 fingers xD

Kuniko just ignored the news about Miiko's death lol. Let's count it as her having bad hearing in the heat of the argument.
St0rmbladeAug 18, 2021 8:36 AM
Dec 24, 2022 2:47 PM

Aug 2017
Fun episode with the 3 elders's interaction with Kuniko and Karin,
so Karin is poor now LOL, I wonder how the'll stop MEDUSA,
I only noticed now that Ryoko change her appearance when going to the sacred place in ATLAS;
Let's hope next episode give some answers
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Jul 2008
Oh great, hacker girl survived and her digimon is going to end the world.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Sep 13, 2009

71 by Synrax »»
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 30, 2009

29 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 20 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 16, 2009

40 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 19 Discussion

firekites - Aug 9, 2009

37 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 27, 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.