Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2009 11:19 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, another episode has aired.

I think this one was very touching

I also enjoyed when Nagiko talked about the creation story of Japan.
Aug 10, 2009 2:07 AM

Dec 2008
Nice episode. As stated already a very touching episode. I wonder what's going on with MEDUSA though.
Aug 10, 2009 5:59 AM

Oct 2008
Really nice episode, I was speechless throughout the episode.

With Tokyo burned down, would the people be able to live there again?

saxophone said:
I wonder what's going on with MEDUSA though.

I think it has something to do with what Zhang said in the earlier episode. Where MEDUSA is getting smarter and smarter and could handle itself without karin's help. But yeah, what is it going to do? Break everything down? o.o
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Aug 10, 2009 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
ah kinda sad to be the one bombing your hometown
=/

paskyx

[quote=saxophone said:

I wonder what's going on with MEDUSA though.

I think it has something to do with what Zhang said in the earlier episode. Where MEDUSA is getting smarter and smarter and could handle itself without karin's help. But yeah, what is it going to do? Break everything down? o.o

hmm i guess it could also corrupt all the rates and the information no?
Aug 10, 2009 10:36 PM

Sep 2008
so japan is by far the poorest country in the world....O_O
and poor kuniko, to burn your own hometown T_T
medusa tranformed into a dragon or what!?
loved the geezers protecting their collection XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 11, 2009 11:38 AM
Jun 2009
why did she have to destroy Duomo?! =O =(
very touching..
i love the old couple sitting and drinking tea that appear in almost every episode =p
'i hear kuniko is back'
'kuniko has become the metal-age laeader, did you know'
and now 'ah you too?' those guys =p

i like it the granny talks about the creation of (their) Japan
very strange and touching episode..
Aug 12, 2009 1:48 PM

Jul 2008
It was a damn boring episode. The first one in the whole series i guess.
I couldn't even feel what the characters were going through, it was like watching something, but not really feeling it..
But the series is coming to and end soon, and I'm real pumped up about what the heck the ending is
Aug 14, 2009 11:43 PM
Aug 2009
As far as this show is concerned, I really just want them to bring out the secrets. Who/what the heck are the Digma, how are they related? I'm getting impatient, and they're teasing me >:(
Aug 16, 2009 8:46 PM
May 2008
Touching episode but a bit over dramatic even for the circumstances, imo. Also, wtf is going on with MEDUSA? It seems that "it" became more self aware or something of that nature. Like Reyno said I wish the show would reveal some secrets and give us some answers instead of the constant teasing.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 17, 2009 7:26 PM

Aug 2008
Good episode. Very brave choice to do a stand alone, introspective episode this late in the run, but I think it paid off.

As far as Medusa is concerned...remember when it got "captured" or whatever earlier in the show? I was wondering when the ramnifications of that were going to pop up, and it seems like now
Aug 17, 2009 9:08 PM

Apr 2008
o_o ... wat happened to Medusa ?! somewhat interesting

Aug 18, 2009 4:06 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
i dont really get how all the pieces fit together but i hope to find out soon!!
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 18, 2009 9:57 AM

Aug 2009
I was delighted with the bombers

I was also depressed with Duomo bombing! SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS! Especially with the music playing. SUCKS!

Can someone please tell me WTF is up with MEDUSA at the end!?

Also FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH THIS SERIES!
Belum_NabumAug 18, 2009 10:15 AM

Aug 18, 2009 12:21 PM

Jan 2009
Hmm.. That's not a small amount of bombs they drop there xD.
And also, I seem to have lost count of how many times Momoko's changed his/her clothing xD
And the bombing scene, I'm just glad she actually dropped the bomb on time, and that she did Not hesitate while doing this. Such a thing has been seen all too many times, that's just annoying, yes? : p
And heck, what that? "We're ten thousand meters up in the air. You're imaginig things." I'm wondering.. is that really something he should say at such a time?

Also, the insert version of Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare was pretty good, going a bit slower than the original : ) (OP version is still better though)

Last but not least.. MEDUSA GOES GOD-MODE : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 18, 2009 12:31 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
This is why I have high hopes for this anime. Let's all hope Gonzo learn from their past mistakes and make a satisfying ending...

Karin must learn her lesson as well.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 18, 2009 1:14 PM

Jun 2009
I just didn't feel sadness when they were bombing the town but it was overall, ok episode.
Aug 18, 2009 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
mr_outside said:
I just didn't feel sadness when they were bombing the town

Me neither : D
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 18, 2009 1:27 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
mr_outside said:

Normally all are supposed because it has to do with the mind thing of having lived the story with that town but in the end some people they did not care.

I am a little on the emotions so to me it affected me. Especially the rooms they showed burning. No more Duomo for the rest of the anime unless they show a rebuilt at the end.

Aug 18, 2009 1:31 PM

Jan 2009
Belum_Nabum said:
Oosran said:
mr_outside said:

Normally all are supposed because it has to do with the mind thing of having lived the story with that town but in the end some people they did not care.

I am a little on the emotions so to me it affected me. Especially the rooms they showed burning. No more Duomo for the rest of the anime unless they show a rebuilt at the end.

Well, Doumo Was a bit run-down, so I'd say it was a good choice to go destruction derby all over the place, and those are my honest thoughts about that : ) Oh.. wait.. not reaaally.. or well, those are my honest thoughts about it.. but.. that's not all, if I put it that way.
tl;dr: I didn't feel anything about the bombing, except for being glad they got rid of the place at last

(aaand I guess this is why they call it a Discussion thread, huh? : D)
Aug 18, 2009 1:35 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Belum_Nabum said:
Oosran said:
mr_outside said:

Well, Doumo Was a bit run-down, so I'd say it was a good choice to go destruction derby all over the place, and those are my honest thoughts about that : ) Oh.. wait.. not reaaally.. or well, those are my honest thoughts about it.. but.. that's not all, if I put it that way.
tl;dr: I didn't feel anything about the bombing, except for being glad they got rid of the place at last

Perhaps you meant it would be better to rebuild it to something better.

Aug 18, 2009 1:42 PM

Jan 2009
Belum_Nabum said:
Oosran said:
Belum_Nabum said:
Oosran said:
mr_outside said:

Well, what I mainly meant was just get rid of it, it's old and inefficient, but sure.. If they feel like rebuilding it.. Do that.. although.. Use some new technology kthnx : D
Aug 18, 2009 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Belum_Nabum said:
Oosran said:
Belum_Nabum said:
Oosran said:
mr_outside said:

Well, what I mainly meant was just get rid of it, it's old and inefficient, but sure.. If they feel like rebuilding it.. Do that.. although.. Use some new technology kthnx : D

Yeah agreed on that and leave it that. I still wonder why Ryoko is not killed by Kuniko after she ordered that massacer of over 70 girls in that prison as warden. Remember that, cause that made me RAGE!

Aug 18, 2009 1:48 PM

Jan 2009
Belum_Nabum said:
I still wonder why Ryoko is not killed by Kuniko after she ordered that massacer of over 70 girls in that prison as warden. Remember that, cause that made me RAGE!

Skipping the past bunch of quotations; I'd say that's probably because she thinks Ryoko is in some way needed, or it's just that she has something against killing people.. Maybe.. That's just my speculations, I wonder if anyone's mentioned this in any of the previous posts? Maybe I should check.. Nah I'm too lazy for that : D
Aug 18, 2009 1:51 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Belum_Nabum said:
I still wonder why Ryoko is not killed by Kuniko after she ordered that massacer of over 70 girls in that prison as warden. Remember that, cause that made me RAGE!

Skipping the past bunch of quotations; I'd say that's probably because she thinks Ryoko is in some way needed, or it's just that she has something against killing people.. Maybe.. That's just my speculations, I wonder if anyone's mentioned this in any of the previous posts? Maybe I should check.. Nah I'm too lazy for that : D

I did not notice it either but I assume Ryoko will be used and might use more of other people such might be the case for Takehiko but for what is yet to be seen.

Aug 19, 2009 1:16 AM

Dec 2007
Why o why didn't I drop this series? It's kinda boring and I don't care for any of the characters. If Kuniko would die I probably will be cheering.
Aug 19, 2009 8:08 AM

Dec 2008
my english was not good enough to understand the explanation about the " male who invites "thing.
or maybe the subs were crappy XD

I believe that you can't fully erase the Deadalus because it can fire it seeds very wide

so, farewell little clock tower

Karin went bananas and became ultra greedy

the sharktooth freak is more and more annoying, I hate him even when miko is inside of him
FabienneAug 19, 2009 8:11 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2009 8:11 AM

Jan 2009
Fabienne said:

Although bananas are quite good : D As for Karin, I'd have done the same >: 3
Aug 19, 2009 8:12 AM

Dec 2008
Oosran said:
Fabienne said:

Although bananas are quite good : D As for Karin, I'd have done the same >: 3

I was just looking for another phrase for going crazy XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2009 8:48 PM

Jun 2008
Woah. Awesome episode. The scenes of Duomo burning, and the piano OP were just beautfully done.

I knew it! Medusa WAS a pokemon! It evolved! XD

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Aug 22, 2009 5:44 PM
Dec 2007
Uskaro said:
I knew it! Medusa WAS a pokemon! It evolved! XD
LOL

Anyway, I think Medusa will act radically to self-preserve itself, which will end up in a lot of trouble for Japan, with that whole "Bomb whoever tries to eat up carbon credits" act the other Nations passed.

Aug 30, 2009 5:52 PM

May 2007
That was quite sad, hope Karin didn't just doom the world.
My anime list
Sep 11, 2009 12:59 AM

Jul 2008
bombing raid a success, i hope the old guys survive
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 15, 2009 11:12 PM

Jun 2008
Wow Madusa going berserk and no more old couple in Doumo making comments.

So Ryoko wants to kick the digma out of the game and take everything for herself. At least that's what i understood.
Dec 9, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2012
And there goes Tokyo all up in flames :| well that was rather a touching scene but what's up with that ending, what's going on with Medusa?
Jul 5, 2014 2:17 AM

Aug 2013
Medusa transformed into a dragon :o Is that how it says "I've had enough of this BS" ? Karin's going to get screwed.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 13, 2016 11:55 AM

Feb 2015
so everyone wanted to escape from doumo and they're in tears about such a crappy place to livr? the tears aren't even in happiness, but actual mourning. yep, total sense.

if karin gets eaten alive, it's her own greedy fault. i don't care about her and i STILL have no idea how she was even able to be a computer and economical genius. give me meh shion :P
Dec 12, 2022 2:56 PM

Aug 2017
Good episode with a touching ending,
Something is wrong with medusa,
Someone is still alive in level 8,
The next episode look mysterious,
Feb 27, 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
Now their home is gone and everyone is stranded in Atlas.

And the digimon is about to run wild and hacker girl is greedy and useless.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Sep 13, 2009

71 by Synrax »»
Apr 5, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 23 Discussion

arsonal - Sep 6, 2009

30 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 29, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Aug 30, 2009

29 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 21 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 23, 2009

36 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Shangri-La Episode 20 Discussion

arsonal - Aug 16, 2009

40 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 28, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.