Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2008 6:02 AM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Maybe I'm just tired ...or maybe it's just been too long since I've seen the previous episodes... but... that left me a little flat.

What did everyone think about it? I'm really curious.
Jan 9, 2008 7:31 AM

Jan 2007
It was kinda lame with the whole bicycle question thing. And i predicted Yousuke to win and he did. So nothing really exciting happend.
Jan 9, 2008 8:25 AM

Dec 2007
where could i watch the subbed episode? i mean 24
Jan 9, 2008 10:28 AM
Dec 2007
Didnt expect it to be more fascinating~ well made "sum up" episode... ~.~

I guess the last 2 episodes will be FF to the future.. covering rapidly the experience he'll gain 'till the Tour De France..
Jan 9, 2008 7:24 PM

Oct 2007
Hmm... the ending was a lot more anticlimactic/subdue than I thought it would be. While I predicted the trifecta perfectly – Yousuke, Naoto, and Yamato, it wasn't like brain surgery to foretell it. While I found the bicycle questionnaire gave us some insights to the characters, which was interesting, it was somehow felt misplaced and dragged the episode down.

However, come to think of it, and this just dawned on me, the episode focus is not on who won the race, but Shinozaki finishing the race – and since he finished last the subdue nature of the episode and the instrumental outro all makes sense. Still I'm glad that the race is finally over and I'm looking forward to the last two episodes!
Jan 10, 2008 2:57 PM

Dec 2007
so if everyone already watched this ep, please tell me the link or a web where i could also watch it... cause now im waiting in a mystery and thinking how will the series continue and who will win... and since i know that the ep is already out, and the feeling that i cant watch it...... its just... AAAooosss
Jun 9, 2010 2:39 AM
Aug 2009
I love this episode... It explains the psychology and meaning of riding a bike in an amazing way...
"What is the bicyle to you?"
Yosuke: "A dream. that's all"
Yamato: "It is me"
Terao: "It's a connection"
Sep 23, 2010 5:49 AM

Mar 2010
(since there isn't 25 discussion) aww.. little kids make EVRYTHIGN OKAY :)
Jun 19, 2012 5:15 PM

Nov 2011
Sep 15, 2013 2:58 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Oh man this episode was so touching in a way, I cried that whole last part starting from when Shinozaki fell off his bike and he was almost at the finish line. That was nicely done, especially how it was all from his perspective, how he rememebers that he wanted to change, and winning wasn't everything, how he knew he was just a clumsy guy an little things like the girl he likes talking to him, or making connections with a classmate and his senpai makes him happy, all he wanted to so was to change :) I'm glad he was able to finish the race. It's really great for someone like him to finish such a long race when he only just started training a month(?) ago. I really respect people like Shinozaki who preserveres until the very end.
Jul 15, 2014 6:26 AM

Dec 2012
"What is a bicycle to you?" It's NGE all over again! I think this show could have benefited more from cutting out all of those unnecessary scenes and just making this 24-25 episodes. Yuki really pissed me off this episode. I hope there's some deeper reasoning behind that because she honestly just seems like a shallow bitch who's heart is swayed by whether Mikoto can produce results or not.

I thought the ending scene with Mikoto would make me emotional but I felt kind of numb and empty watching him struggle. He's grown tremendously and it's depressing how nearly nobody seems to care about him despite how ridiculously hard he's worked and pushed himself.
May 22, 2016 11:19 AM
Aug 2014
Did he really have to fall 50 meters before the finish line and have Yuki tell him he's useless? He's been struggling the last 50 kilometers, I think it would've been a lot better if we had just followed him and his thought process instead of falling of his bike due to exhaustion after such a large downhill section. The excruciating part would've been the last climb.
Jun 18, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:
I think this show could have benefited more from cutting out all of those unnecessary scenes and just making this 24-25 episodes. Yuki really pissed me off this episode. I hope there's some deeper reasoning behind that because she honestly just seems like a shallow bitch whose heart is swayed by whether Mikoto can produce results or not.

I thought the ending scene with Mikoto would make me emotional but I felt kind of numb and empty watching him struggle. He's grown tremendously and it's depressing how nearly nobody seems to care about him despite how ridiculously hard he's worked and pushed himself.

I couldn't agree with you more. The girls in this anime are a disappointment and many of the 'flashback' scenes were redundant.

Mikoto is so adorable and dedicated, it's sad that his efforts are undermined simply because his first race didn't go so well.
Apr 27, 2019 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
Glad that the race picked up towards the end, but yeah, Shinazoki gave his best yet his result is still underwhelming..

The anime probably didn't adapt everything so I wonder how they're going to wrap it up.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 3, 2023 7:03 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That's good for Yousuke, he won the race in the end, though for Shinozaki...he deserved better :( and Yuki wasn't helping at all
Oct 17, 2023 12:25 PM

Feb 2011
Shinozaki Mikoto had a wonderful fight, I'm really proud of him. And Yuki is a cheap bitch, nothing else...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 18 Discussion

Trie - Oct 20, 2007

17 by EsieEyen »»
Feb 16, 2:08 AM

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Oct 12, 2007

13 by EsieEyen »»
Feb 16, 1:56 AM

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 23 Discussion

lowell - Dec 16, 2007

20 by supermario4ever »»
Oct 16, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Jan 21, 2008

51 by Ashhk »»
Oct 4, 2023 4:51 AM

Poll: » Over Drive Episode 25 Discussion

lowell - Jan 20, 2008

12 by Ashhk »»
Oct 4, 2023 4:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.