Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Aug 18, 2009 2:28 PM

Jan 2009
Three_Leaf_Ivy said:
It's....it's SIGHS?! What happened to Disappearance?!?

They are following the appropriate timeline: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Suzumiya_Haruhi:Timeline.

Which means after Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya, we get the remaining episodes from season 1 (Episode 00, Live a Live, Day of Sagittarius, Someday in The Rain) and then we get Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. From then on we will be getting new episodes otherwise they just start a Season 3 and air them instead.
Aug 18, 2009 2:39 PM

Aug 2007
Didn't love this episode, sure it was cute and all but it really didn't have any flavor to it. I dunno, maybe I'm just still sour about the endless eight, but I'm just getting more and more dissapointed by kyoani
Aug 18, 2009 4:27 PM
Nov 2007
Why is this labeled episode 10, its supposed to be episode 3. (<---In denial)

Anyway I didnt know you could by dynamite at a hardware store.

I thought it was a good episode but not the best, still at least it was a new episode.
Aug 18, 2009 8:06 PM

Apr 2008
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/08/19/haruhi-now-k-on-clone-anime/

and i got a huge laugh out of that

especially to the people that didn't notice the "drop in animation"

oh well ... enjoy ur shitty K-o.....errr i mean haruhi , even hirano aya made point to say how she didn't like it.
Aug 19, 2009 1:19 AM

May 2009
Lvhina said:

oh well ... enjoy ur shitty K-o.....errr i mean haruhi , even hirano aya made point to say how she didn't like it.

People need to stop whining about the "drop in animation" (by which they mean the art style, not the animation itself). A studio can change its style whenever it desires to do so. Besides, is the style THAT much worse compared to season 1 or other KyoAni shows? I think not.

Coincidentally, it wasn't till Endless Eight 8 that people started noticing it. I don't recall this discussion before when we didn't know we would have two months of E8. I'm thinking people just need a reason to piss over this show because it's not living up to their expectations (in which case you're free to drop it).

And I am inclined to think as Aya Hirano as a spoiled wench right now. Some shows drag on for 100+ episodes with the dialogue sometimes being very similar (or even the same) in at least half of those episodes with the same people doing the voices apparently without complaint and she moans about eight episodes being more than she can handle? Please, someone get that silver spoon out of her mouth before she starts thinking even higher of herself. With the current global economic turmoil, she should be lucky they still want her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2009 6:40 AM
Jul 2009
While I'm not leisured by the changes, I think the art direction is the least of the problems Haruhi Suzumiya's got at the moment.
mdqartAug 19, 2009 7:05 AM
Aug 19, 2009 6:57 AM

Dec 2007
Lvhina said:

She said she didn't enjoy the execution of EE and apologized to the viewers. She never said that she didn't like the franchise.

And oh my god, the art resembles K-On!. It's completely mindblowing since both shows were animated by the same studio around the same time, right?
Aug 19, 2009 9:59 AM

Apr 2008
Charliehsv said:
Lvhina said:

She said she didn't enjoy the execution of EE and apologized to the viewers. She never said that she didn't like the franchise.

And oh my god, the art resembles K-On!. It's completely mindblowing since both shows were animated by the same studio around the same time, right?

NEVER said she didnt like the franchise , sorry for not being specific enough ><

AO968 said:
People need to stop whining about the "drop in animation"

Why? I always though animation value was pretty important as long as consistancy.

AO968 said:
Besides, is the style THAT much worse compared to season 1 or other KyoAni shows? I think not.

I refer back to consistency.

AO968 said:
it wasn't till Endless Eight 8 that people started noticing it.

What else could we of done? Practically had the script down memorized.

AO968 said:
And I am inclined to think as Aya Hirano as a spoiled wench right now. Some shows drag on for 100+ episodes with the dialogue sometimes being very similar (or even the same) in at least half of those episodes with the same people doing the voices apparently without complaint and she moans about eight episodes being more than she can handle?

That is the by far the most stupid statement i read of yours. I'm sure anyone, ANYONE, would complain having to repeat the almost exact lines over 8 times in a row. HELL even the animation staff complained, are they spoiled wenches now too?
Aug 19, 2009 10:19 AM

Apr 2009
AO968 said:
Lvhina said:

People need to stop whining about the "drop in animation" (by which they mean the art style, not the animation itself). A studio can change its style whenever it desires to do so. Besides, is the style THAT much worse compared to season 1 or other KyoAni shows? I think not.

Coincidentally, it wasn't till Endless Eight 8 that people started noticing it. I don't recall this discussion before when we didn't know we would have two months of E8. I'm thinking people just need a reason to piss over this show because it's not living up to their expectations (in which case you're free to drop it).

And I am inclined to think as Aya Hirano as a spoiled wench right now. Some shows drag on for 100+ episodes with the dialogue sometimes being very similar (or even the same) in at least half of those episodes with the same people doing the voices apparently without complaint and she moans about eight episodes being more than she can handle? Please, someone get that silver spoon out of her mouth before she starts thinking even higher of herself. With the current global economic turmoil, she should be lucky they still want her.

I noticed the K-ONness of the art from the beginning. Even in Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, it was already there, just not as bad as it is now. And yes, the animation is way, way worse than the first season, and it has been like this for the entire second season, not just this episode.

Also, Aya Hirano has always been a spoiled wench. Endless Eight doesn't change anything; doesn't make her any less spoiled or any more spoiled.
Aug 19, 2009 12:31 PM

Aug 2009
By the way, It's a bit strange that they gave so much energy redrawing the Endless 8 with slight differences so many times (and in a good quality) while the 10th episode looks worse. I mean, what the hell?! Where's the reason?!
And guys, have mercy, stop that enormous and doubled quotes. It's less clear that way. Honto.
MrokandAug 19, 2009 12:34 PM
Aug 20, 2009 3:30 AM

May 2009
Lvhina said:
Why? I always though animation value was pretty important as long as consistancy.

So you're saying the animation level is poor? That's not the impression I am getting. It's different, but I don't see the reason to hammer on it so much.

And style can change over the year when other animators are hired. Heck, even the same artists can change their style through the years, deal with it. If the show was done in the style of that last K-ON! special, THEN I'd say you would have a point.

I refer back to consistency.

I refer back to artistic freedom. There are situations where I appreciate consistency, but this is not one of those cases. Maybe if these episodes were released right after season 1 I would've agreed, but given the fact that 3 years have passed and a lot has changed, I think people need to loosen up a bit and go with what we have now.

What else could we of done? Practically had the script down memorized.

It's not matter of remembering everything and then noticing it. It's a matter of whining because you don't have anything else to whine about. I think it's because you're dissatisfied with E8 that the animation starts bothering you. It's obvious how all the haters of E8 dislike the animation shift, while those who liked or or simply don't care feel the same way for the animation.

That is the by far the most stupid statement i read of yours. I'm sure anyone, ANYONE, would complain having to repeat the almost exact lines over 8 times in a row. HELL even the animation staff complained, are they spoiled wenches now too?

I'll give an example why I think she needs to get that silver spoon out of her mouth.

The Japanese seiyuu for Team Rocket (Pokemon, I'm sure you've heard about that show) have said the exact same lines dozens, if not hundreds of times over (considering that show has quite some episodes and assuming the same cast was used throughout all seasons, though you could make this work for one single season even). Where are the news articles of them complaining about having to repeat their lines over and over again? Oh, right, it's only part of what they usually have to say, but I could see them getting tired of even having to say those lines a hundred times over. So why am I not reading about any of the cast for shows like that to step up and exclaim how much they disapproved of it? Is it because their target audience generally doesn't give a shit about it and often actually enjoys hearing it over and over?

I stand by my point, this was done to please the fans, to make her not lose her face if she kept quiet about it or even said she enjoyed it. I'm willing to bet that if the majority of the fans loved it, she wouldn't have come out like this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2009 4:01 AM

Jul 2009
agreed with AO968.
(thread ruined by ppl like Lvhina who just cant stop whining)
Aug 20, 2009 7:25 AM

Apr 2008
Vinhthehero said:

It's a Sony

Haha, Kannagi. *thumbs-up*
Aug 20, 2009 7:46 AM

Jan 2009
Nady said:
Endless Eight was better D:

second that.
Sorry for grammar mistakes(if any), english is not my native language. Feel free to correct me if you see some.
Aug 20, 2009 10:19 PM

Apr 2008
AO968 said:
So you're saying the animation level is poor?

You say different I say poor. Unless you like watching cross-eyed haruhi whenever she gets a lil angry.

AO968 said:
And style can change over the year when other animators are hired. Heck, even the same artists can change their style through the years, deal with it.

I'm well aware that style can change over YEAR(s), however the different was night and day between the episode 2-9 and episode 10.

AO968 said:
The Japanese seiyuu for Team Rocket (Pokemon, I'm sure you've heard about that show) have said the exact same lines dozens, if not hundreds of times over.

a "catch-phrase" or whatever you want to call it is not the equivalent of 18 minutes of near identical scripts.

vinesage said:
agreed with AO968.
(thread ruined by ppl like Lvhina who just cant stop whining)

So basically whenever says something you don't like, it is considered whining?
Aug 20, 2009 11:59 PM

Aug 2009
Oh, boy. We don't have to insult each other. Some of us should just admit that some people have different opinions and points of views and let it be that way. Am I wrong?
Aug 21, 2009 1:28 AM

Aug 2009
well, compared to the Endless 8 I watched in a row at night — it was a masterpiece with its great artwork and splendid idea I laughed alot at — it was an okay one.
yep, we kinda know everything that happened given the 00 episode etc
7,5/10
Aug 21, 2009 2:46 AM

Jan 2009
Ooooh and I'm soooo late with this >.<
: O Anyway is this really the right series? Not some filler or something? It seems to deviate from the previous ENDLESS amount of episodes : o
Well, actually, I had kinda forgotten that something actually happened in this series : D..
Oh well, überseries is über : D
Aah~ Haruhi is always so wonderfully
And Yuki's really great at showing reactions and emotions and stuff : p *looks up from book, slowly turns head* "Sou." *slowly turns head back, looks down in book*
Also, Kyon's roles in the production are awesome xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 21, 2009 4:41 AM

Aug 2009
I agree, but Koizumi makes me laugh the most. BTW, 11th episode aired, let's go to the topic about it minna ^^
Aug 21, 2009 10:13 AM

Jun 2009
i keep remembering when Haruhi said "isn't it odd that someone always dies in the last episode of dramas? it feels really unnatural"
Now i understand why season one was aired out of chronological order, Haruhi was not only the super director of episode 00 but of the whole series...
Aug 21, 2009 2:09 PM

Aug 2009
Sounds convincing ^^ I like your point of view ^^
Aug 24, 2009 8:21 AM

Feb 2008
sarahwest said:
i keep remembering when Haruhi said "isn't it odd that someone always dies in the last episode of dramas? it feels really unnatural"
Now i understand why season one was aired out of chronological order, Haruhi was not only the super director of episode 00 but of the whole series...

LoL. Thats one fitting theory ^^

Liked this episode, but:
noteDhero said:
I'm not really seeing that things are better though. What I see is a storyline that I already know the outcome of, in an episode that doesn't look as good as the previous episodes.

*nod nod*. Therefore 4/5!
Aug 24, 2009 1:11 PM

Jun 2008
"She'll simply ignore the theory of relativity for you." - Kyon.

I think I laughed most at this.
Aug 28, 2009 11:03 AM

Aug 2008
I lol'd at Yuki's "Sou" xD

Glad we got something new ^^

Sep 2, 2009 9:11 AM

Oct 2008
Cultural Festival

I get a bad feeling about this..

Whenever the SOS Brigade do something, it will usually turn out as somewhat odd but the least to say. Like Koizumi had said, Haruhi isn't planning to shoot down an UFO and put its interior as an exhibition of some kind. *laugh*
Sep 30, 2009 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
so they're making a film, didn't they already do something like this in the previous season?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 30, 2009 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
kage-bunshin said:
so they're making a film, didn't they already do something like this in the previous season?

No, the film they made in season 1 is the one they're making in Sighs...
Oct 31, 2009 11:42 AM

Dec 2008
Boring episode. I wonder what kind of movie Haruhi will come up with?
Nov 24, 2009 6:35 PM

Jun 2009
Wasn't this in the first Season as well....?
Jan 11, 2010 11:53 PM

Apr 2009
asdf1248 said:
Yuki owns at running.

haha yeah she sure knows how to run
that episode was really funny
Apr 11, 2010 8:31 AM

Jul 2007
i liked a lot endless eight but maybe it was too long XD
i really want to watch these episodes i want to know how they made the movie kyaaaaa
May 24, 2010 7:04 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder how Haruhi managed to get the shopowners to sponsor her.
I guess everything goes her way. :P
Jun 15, 2010 6:59 AM

Jan 2010
lol so this is before they made the movie now? O.o

I can't belive i'm saying this,but EE was more entertaining :)

4/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 15, 2010 9:41 AM

May 2010
clannad4ever said:

4/5
clannad4ever said:

4/5

oh yes oh yes... Endless Eight is aw ay more entertaining
Jun 22, 2010 4:15 AM

Jun 2010
EE closed this long horror =)

this ep was nice.
Feb 28, 2011 6:51 PM
Nov 2010
so what's the point of this episode ?
Nov 10, 2011 12:21 PM

Jan 2011
I'd definitely see this if I went to the cinema!!! lol
Jan 23, 2012 7:38 AM

Aug 2011
I can't believe I thought I was gonna get something rewarding out of the Endless 8. 2/5
Aug 4, 2012 8:24 PM
Jul 2012
This is boring episode. -_- 2/5
This seires is a 3 to 4 rating so far lol
Dec 14, 2012 10:34 AM

Nov 2012
I felt strange watching a new episode after Endless Eight o.o
Dec 27, 2012 2:01 AM

Dec 2012
Back to watching new eps of Haruhi! It makes me feel good ^-^ 4/5
Dec 29, 2012 3:23 PM

Mar 2012
Well that was an entertaining continuation of an interesting storyline. Bizarre and funny as usual, just never become hilarious or really strange at any particular moment. Still a very good episode, just nothing really unexpected. 8/10
Jun 19, 2013 4:38 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Hmm this episode was okay. I kind of wanted to fall sleep...>< but still, nice seeing how the whole movie thing began.
Aug 30, 2013 9:11 AM
May 2013
kikones34 said:
I felt strange watching a new episode after Endless Eight o.o
Oct 22, 2013 11:02 PM

Sep 2013
FINALLY THE ENDLESS EIGHT IS OVER!
Jan 10, 2014 2:58 AM

Oct 2013
at least its was not endless eight..... the first season was better for me at the moment, missing 4 episodes to watch, so i cant confirm it at 100%

p.s i was expecting this show to be really great by the rating, but a bit dissapointed at the moment(first season was ok and endless eight killed me so much, but let see same)
Jan 19, 2014 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
Endless Eight wasn't *that* bad, though it was excessive..

This was rather refreshing. It didn't have any really awesome moments, but several nice ones, especially with Mikuru.
Apr 7, 2014 4:05 PM

Nov 2012
This was a rather boring episode.
Aug 31, 2014 9:49 PM

Oct 2013
It took me 4 hours to finish this episode. It wasn't even a bad episode, just... after the Endless Eight, I feel like I've reached my saturation point with Haruhi. Anymore exposure feels incredibly taxing. Who knew the after effects of it would be stronger than the redundancy of the Endless Eight itself?

I'm gonna try to watch the next episode; if it goes the same, I might have to put this on hold for awhile.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 19, 2015 9:22 PM

Jun 2013
Oh yeah, I remembered the time in season 1 when they have a movie in festival. LOL.
I can't wait to watch how they film it.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

» Sign here if you watch all eight episodes of Endless Eight. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shuffleair - Aug 13, 2009

1534 by _Udara »»
51 minutes ago

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.