Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (43) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
May 8, 2017 7:33 PM

Nov 2015
Punkero said:

It only counts for the season it started airing.

Alright sounds good, should probably clarify the wording on the challenge post. Having it say "Must have aired within that season." can be pretty misleading
May 9, 2017 10:17 AM

Dec 2015
Does the requirement "Watch a series with X characters listed" from numbers challenges mean that the series has to have X characters listed at the time of turn-in? Or will it be valid if by the time I turn the challenge in there will be more characters, but when I started watching it had only X listed and I have a screenshot to prove it?
May 9, 2017 10:23 AM

Sep 2011
Gwathgor said:
Does the requirement "Watch a series with X characters listed" from numbers challenges mean that the series has to have X characters listed at the time of turn-in? Or will it be valid if by the time I turn the challenge in there will be more characters, but when I started watching it had only X listed and I have a screenshot to prove it?
If you take a picture, it'd still be valid. If you didn't and another character gets added or removed for some reason, then no, unfortunately.
May 9, 2017 10:48 AM

Dec 2015
That's good that I took a screenshot, then. Thank you!
May 11, 2017 1:10 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
NickWilks said:
The Detective Conan Extras Challenge - 2/48

posted in wrong thread, please post here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1493523

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 11, 2017 2:22 PM

Sep 2014
I have a question about the user rating challenge:
It says it cannot overlap with the highest scoring challenge, but does that mean from the same user or the entry itself?
For example, I watched Black Lagoon for the highest scoring challenge from Jhiday's list. Can I use Black Lagoon for the user rating challenge if it's from a different user's list?
May 11, 2017 3:14 PM

Mar 2017
SheyCroix said:
NickWilks said:
The Detective Conan Extras Challenge - 2/48

posted in wrong thread, please post here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1493523

Oops. I wondered why I couldn't find it. Sorry bout that
May 13, 2017 12:52 AM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1613365
" -- [X] ... that aired in December and was completed by less than 20,000 members"

Does that mean it needs to have started airing in December OR can it have aired during that month. So say a show started in November and ran through December and ended in January--would such an anime count?
May 14, 2017 7:50 PM

Feb 2009
Do the restrictions like "anime must have 10/11+ episodes" (for example in "TV-per-2-days" or "52 weeks" challenges) always mean that I can watch anime with exactly 10/11 episodes? Or should it be 1 episode more (11/12)?
Sorry for dumb question, but I just want to be sure, because the entire challenge can be ruined because of misunderstanding.^^"
Thanks. :)
May 15, 2017 12:42 PM

May 2009
I have a question concerning the User Ratings Challenge.

For the rule, "You cannot use the same user more than once", is this confined to each difficulty or spread across all of them? Say I used xUser123 once in my Easy run, could I then use the same user for Medium or can I never use xUser123 again? Thanks for the help!
May 15, 2017 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
lanblade said:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1613365
" -- [X] ... that aired in December and was completed by less than 20,000 members"

Does that mean it needs to have started airing in December OR can it have aired during that month. So say a show started in November and ran through December and ended in January--would such an anime count?
No, the show has to start airing in December.

Vanadis said:
Do the restrictions like "anime must have 10/11+ episodes" (for example in "TV-per-2-days" or "52 weeks" challenges) always mean that I can watch anime with exactly 10/11 episodes? Or should it be 1 episode more (11/12)?
Sorry for dumb question, but I just want to be sure, because the entire challenge can be ruined because of misunderstanding.^^"
Exactly or more. So, it can be 10/11 episodes.

SunflowerDaisho said:
I have a question concerning the User Ratings Challenge.

For the rule, "You cannot use the same user more than once", is this confined to each difficulty or spread across all of them? Say I used xUser123 once in my Easy run, could I then use the same user for Medium or can I never use xUser123 again? Thanks for the help!
You can use each user once per difficulty.
May 16, 2017 6:54 PM

Feb 2009
I made more badges, so if they are OK, could someone please add them? :)

May 17, 2017 4:10 PM

Dec 2015
@Vanadis
Added~ Thank you for the badges !
May 18, 2017 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
Regarding Movie-Per-Day challenge.

I did the easy version before, in October, and I'm planning on doing a medium version now. So my question is, can I just add the medium one to my old post or do I need to make a new post?

I have it like this for now, but if that can't be, just let me now so I can make a new post.
May 18, 2017 4:44 AM

Sep 2011
moissi said:
Regarding Movie-Per-Day challenge.

I did the easy version before, in October, and I'm planning on doing a medium version now. So my question is, can I just add the medium one to my old post or do I need to make a new post?

I have it like this for now, but if that can't be, just let me now so I can make a new post.
That's fine. As long as you're not trying to continue on from the Easy and are starting the medium as a "new" challenge, having it in the same post is not an issue - if that's your preference ^^
May 23, 2017 1:22 PM

Jan 2013
Hi, i'm working on the Demographic Challenge and i saw that there isn't enough josei anime for me to watch. So i wanted to know what to do in this case
Thanks
May 25, 2017 4:46 AM

Nov 2013
Wyvern22 said:
Hi, i'm working on the Demographic Challenge and i saw that there isn't enough josei anime for me to watch. So i wanted to know what to do in this case
Thanks

I think in this case, you can just leave a note saying you already seen all josei available.

May 25, 2017 5:33 AM

Jan 2013
@renzoushi but i wanted to know if instead i have to watch series from another demographic
May 25, 2017 6:48 AM

Apr 2010
Wyvern22 said:
@renzoushi but i wanted to know if instead i have to watch series from another demographic

Yes, that's what the challenge descriptions explicitly says : if you can't watch enough Josei anime because you've seen them all, then you must use anime from any of the four other demographics for those missing slots.
May 26, 2017 6:24 PM

Feb 2009
I've used Reeceeboy's account for the User ratings challenge and now the profile seems to be completely empty. Was everything deleted or is this some strange site error? ?__?
May 26, 2017 6:41 PM

Aug 2015
Vanadis said:
I've used Reeceeboy's account for the User ratings challenge and now the profile seems to be completely empty. Was everything deleted or is this some strange site error? ?__?

He's NamiLover69 now LOL
May 27, 2017 3:52 AM

Feb 2009
AYOSHINA said:
Vanadis said:

He's NamiLover69 now LOL

Okay, thanks. So I just have to make new screenshots. :)
May 29, 2017 7:08 AM

Oct 2008
I have a question about the Top Anime Challange but this could interested Top Movies too.

I was updating the list and I saw that #100 is Doukyousei (Movie) with a score of 8.49, but than I noticed that in #103, so out of the challange, there was Uchuu Senkan Yamato with a score of 8.51... I don't know how MAL Top algorithm works, but for the challange we must follow the list as it is or we should follow the score?
"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
May 30, 2017 1:08 PM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
So, I just finished the hard version of the Mystery challenge, and I see the limited time offer for the first five users who complete on hard is still active, yet it's not mentioned in the newsletter.
So question is, have 5 users already completed the challenge on hard and we're still waiting on the last badge to be made? And if not, can I request for one?

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
May 30, 2017 2:39 PM

Apr 2014
OmegaOtaku said:
So, I just finished the hard version of the Mystery challenge, and I see the limited time offer for the first five users who complete on hard is still active, yet it's not mentioned in the newsletter.
So question is, have 5 users already completed the challenge on hard and we're still waiting on the last badge to be made? And if not, can I request for one?

Yes there have already been 5 confirmed users who have completed this challenge. The mystery post has been updated with the limited time offer no longer being available (this should have not been available since December). Sorry for the inconvenience.
Useless_GoddessMay 30, 2017 3:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2017 2:42 PM

Apr 2014
Lady_Nera said:
I have a question about the Top Anime Challange but this could interested Top Movies too.

I was updating the list and I saw that #100 is Doukyousei (Movie) with a score of 8.49, but than I noticed that in #103, so out of the challange, there was Uchuu Senkan Yamato with a score of 8.51... I don't know how MAL Top algorithm works, but for the challange we must follow the list as it is or we should follow the score?

For both of the challenges mentioned just follow what you see on the list and disregard the scoring.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2017 4:18 PM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Hiya! I have a question. I've been wondering, why is it that the Demographics Challenge "Cannot overlap with Adaptions Challenge"? And why does it only say so in the explanation for the Demographics Challenge, and not the Adaptions Challenge?
May 31, 2017 5:55 AM

Jan 2011
@AYOSHINA, for the updated HoF stuff. I decided to cross reference the provided google excel with my personal office excel and had a few questions/inquiries.

For the
2016 AWC 0.75/////1.25/////1.75/////2
Is this how it’s meant to be assigned?
Easy=0.75
Med=1.25
Hard=1.75
Hard+all 8 bonuses=2
B/c I was looking at the AWC Points google doc and I am credited with 1.75 points (D$17)for the challenge even though I did it on Hard with all 8 bonuses and am credited as such on the homepage of the challenge.
[For this year, do we do a turn-in form for AWC 2017 or will it automatically be done like the previous 2 years?]

From my points total google excel I am missing
C. Mega Man $B$158
C. Zatch Bell $B$172
C. Teekyuu $B$169
C. Ojamajo Doremi $B$159
OVA Exposure $D$91
They were all from this
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1493200&show=1100#msg47730544
turn-in post but only my Scavenger Hunt #5 was added to the point total.

And are new challenge points totals not being added yet?
B/c I don’t see the Scavenger Hunt "Myth" Set and "Space Pilot" Set and the Young Animator Training Project Challenge in the google excel yet. I ask b/c the HoF has passed a post # which had these challenges in them so I was curious as to how they're being accounted for now.
May 31, 2017 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
lanblade said:
@AYOSHINA, for the updated HoF stuff. I decided to cross reference the provided google excel with my personal office excel and had a few questions/inquiries.

For the
2016 AWC 0.75/////1.25/////1.75/////2
Is this how it’s meant to be assigned?
Easy=0.75
Med=1.25
Hard=1.75
Hard+all 8 bonuses=2
B/c I was looking at the AWC Points google doc and I am credited with 1.75 points (D$17)for the challenge even though I did it on Hard with all 8 bonuses and am credited as such on the homepage of the challenge.
[For this year, do we do a turn-in form for AWC 2017 or will it automatically be done like the previous 2 years?]

From my points total google excel I am missing
C. Mega Man $B$158
C. Zatch Bell $B$172
C. Teekyuu $B$169
C. Ojamajo Doremi $B$159
OVA Exposure $D$91
They were all from this
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1493200&show=1100#msg47730544
turn-in post but only my Scavenger Hunt #5 was added to the point total.

And are new challenge points totals not being added yet?
B/c I don’t see the Scavenger Hunt "Myth" Set and "Space Pilot" Set and the Young Animator Training Project Challenge in the google excel yet. I ask b/c the HoF has passed a post # which had these challenges in them so I was curious as to how they're being accounted for now.
The post ya linked is super old so there's loads of reasons parts of it was missed xD but I've gone and added them now. The 2016 AWC challenge, you get credit for the highest you achieved (but only once, so if ya did it multiple times the extras dont reward points). If you currently have a medium but ya achieved hard with bonuses, I probably just missed it when I was going through. Link me ya hard+bonus post and I'll get the points updated for that.

I added the myth set today, haven't added the space pilot just because points are still a bit behind so just didn't get around to adding it yet xD the YATP is listed, just as the abbreviated version. I updated the points today, (I think it was after you posted) so might wanna check it over again and let me know if anything else is missing or was overlooked. Thanks for checking and letting us know! ^^
Jun 1, 2017 12:09 AM

Jan 2011
riho88riho said:

The post ya linked is super old so there's loads of reasons parts of it was missed xD but I've gone and added them now. The 2016 AWC challenge, you get credit for the highest you achieved (but only once, so if ya did it multiple times the extras dont reward points). If you currently have a medium but ya achieved hard with bonuses, I probably just missed it when I was going through. Link me ya hard+bonus post and I'll get the points updated for that.

I added the myth set today, haven't added the space pilot just because points are still a bit behind so just didn't get around to adding it yet xD the YATP is listed, just as the abbreviated version. I updated the points today, (I think it was after you posted) so might wanna check it over again and let me know if anything else is missing or was overlooked. Thanks for checking and letting us know! ^^

2016 AWC http://i.imgur.com/FQq73Jp.jpg
Sign up with all the anime I watched: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=1700#msg45382318
Turn in form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469513&show=1700#msg45382318

Thanks on YATP, I ctrl+f "young" and nothing popped up; besides at the time there was no extra $alphabetletter$number in my cel so I was like "hmm, I guess it's not in the meta list yet with some scavengers either".

Jun 1, 2017 12:24 PM

Apr 2014
Celine3107 said:
Hiya! I have a question. I've been wondering, why is it that the Demographics Challenge "Cannot overlap with Adaptions Challenge"? And why does it only say so in the explanation for the Demographics Challenge, and not the Adaptions Challenge?
After some discussion with some other staff members we have decided to remove this rule from these 2 challenges since they are different enough that excessive over lapping should not occur. as for the second part, the only reason its written on Demographics Challenge and not the other was because the Demographics Challenge was posted after the Adaptions Challenge and you need to be signed up for both challenges for this to apply so it didn't matter if it was on one or both.
Jun 1, 2017 5:50 PM

Sep 2016
How much points is the Hentai challenge worth? I can't find it in the post. Unless it's just for bragging rights/ a badge.
Jun 2, 2017 5:23 AM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Useless_Goddess said:
Celine3107 said:
After some discussion with some other staff members we have decided to remove this rule from these 2 challenges since they are different enough that excessive over lapping should not occur. as for the second part, the only reason its written on Demographics Challenge and not the other was because the Demographics Challenge was posted after the Adaptions Challenge and you need to be signed up for both challenges for this to apply so it didn't matter if it was on one or both.

Oh, I see! Well, that's good news then, thanks for looking into it and updating the rules :)
Jun 2, 2017 5:54 AM

Apr 2014
damianea103 said:
How much points is the Hentai challenge worth? I can't find it in the post. Unless it's just for bragging rights/ a badge.
There will be points for this challenge so don't worry about that. We just need the clubs point calculator to figure out how much a challenge like this is worth. The challenge will be updated with proper point value as soon as we know the amount.
Jun 4, 2017 7:26 AM

Jan 2011
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1621094#msg50944996
[X] Watch anime aired before before 1989:
[X] Watch anime aired in 90’s:
[X] Watch anime aired in 00’s:
[X] Watch anime aired after within last 5 years:

Does that mean it wants an anime that aired sometime between 2012-2017?
Or an anime that aired sometime between 2010-2011?

Jun 4, 2017 9:09 AM

Apr 2014
lanblade said:
[X] Watch anime aired before before 1989:
[X] Watch anime aired in 90’s:
[X] Watch anime aired in 00’s:
[X] Watch anime aired after within last 5 years:

Does that mean it wants an anime that aired sometime between 2012-2017?
Or an anime that aired sometime between 2010-2011?

The wording is a bit weird but it is anything between 2012-2017
Jun 5, 2017 7:21 AM

Jan 2009
Regarding OVA Exposure Challenge:
Watch an OVA with a non-human main character: Hoozuki no Reitetsu OVA
1. Number of episodes changed after I watched it in January and the last one hasn't been subbed yet. Can I still use it or should I watch another series?
2. If I have to watch another series, the end date will change (e.g. June 5th). I started easy difficulty on June 3rd. Can the dates overlap or do I have to start the easy one again later?
Jun 5, 2017 9:42 AM

Nov 2013
lubryka said:
Regarding OVA Exposure Challenge:
Watch an OVA with a non-human main character: Hoozuki no Reitetsu OVA
1. Number of episodes changed after I watched it in January and the last one hasn't been subbed yet. Can I still use it or should I watch another series?

If you turned it in before the number changed, it should work. If it changed during the time you were working on the challenge, you will need to watch different series (or wait for the last episode).
lubryka said:
2. If I have to watch another series, the end date will change (e.g. June 5th). I started easy difficulty on June 3rd. Can the dates overlap or do I have to start the easy one again later?

If it's all first run, you can work on all difficulties together. Only difficulties for first run and difficulties for 2nd run can't overlap.

You all need to watch Nami.

Jun 9, 2017 7:43 AM

Dec 2007
Should this entry not also count for the Pokémon challenge?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34325/Pokemon_XY_Z_Specials

Also requirement 76 - Pokemon the Movie XY&Z
is missing its subtitle. Full entry name is
Pokemon the Movie XY&Z: Volcanion to Karakuri no Magiana
Jun 10, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
Regarding the per-day challenges:

It is stated that if you make a mistake, you can make up for it by watching 2 movies/ovas/specials the following day. However, I was wondering if it was possible to watch 2 in the previous day rather than the next one?

For example, instead of amending the mistake this way:

Day 1: OVA 1
Day 2: Mistake
Day 3: OVA 2-3

It would be done like this:

Day 2: OVA 2-3
Day 3: Mistake

Would that be possible?
Jun 11, 2017 2:45 PM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Hi! I have a question about the numbers challenge, specifically the item "Watch a series with a main character that has 5 in their name". In Fate/Zero 2nd Season, Gilgamesh is one of the mains. One of his listed names/aliases is "Golden King", which has "go" (five) in it. This counts, right?
Jun 11, 2017 4:26 PM

Apr 2014
kallah said:
Regarding the per-day challenges:

It is stated that if you make a mistake, you can make up for it by watching 2 movies/ovas/specials the following day. However, I was wondering if it was possible to watch 2 in the previous day rather than the next one?

For example, instead of amending the mistake this way:

Day 2: Mistake
Day 3: OVA 2-3

It would be done like this:

Day 2: OVA 2-3
Day 3: Mistake

Would that be possible?
Yes this is also fine
Jun 11, 2017 4:38 PM

Apr 2014
Celine3107 said:
Hi! I have a question about the numbers challenge, specifically the item "Watch a series with a main character that has 5 in their name". In Fate/Zero 2nd Season, Gilgamesh is one of the mains. One of his listed names/aliases is "Golden King", which has "go" (five) in it. This counts, right?
Yes Gilgamesh counts here.
Jun 12, 2017 4:33 AM

Apr 2014
djmintlaw said:
Should this entry not also count for the Pokémon challenge?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/34325/Pokemon_XY_Z_Specials

Also requirement 76 - Pokemon the Movie XY&Z
is missing its subtitle. Full entry name is
Pokemon the Movie XY&Z: Volcanion to Karakuri no Magiana
Thank you for noticing this. The changes have been properly made.
Jun 13, 2017 1:54 PM

Nov 2010
Hi, I started movie-per-day challenge and watched this movie but mal classifies it as "special" it still count for the challenge?

Also, for the collection challenge, I couldn't find all anime on my plan to watch (except Akito final movie), what I am supposed to do now?
Jun 14, 2017 3:40 PM

Aug 2015
Kamirura said:
Hi, I started movie-per-day challenge and watched this movie but mal classifies it as "special" it still count for the challenge?

Also, for the collection challenge, I couldn't find all anime on my plan to watch (except Akito final movie), what I am supposed to do now?

Miyori no Mori has been classify not only on MAL but AniDB, AP, etc. various other websites as a special so I would mark it as invalid UNLESS you'll able to bring a screenshot of MAL originally listing it as a movie.

Side note, anyone know where I can find Transformers: Choujin Master Force's 43-47 eps?
Jun 15, 2017 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
AYOSHINA said:

Side note, anyone know where I can find Transformers: Choujin Master Force's 43-47 eps?

Copy-paste from discord:
"According to AniDB, 43-47 seems to be summaries

on BakaBT, the series is listed as completed with episodes 1-42 and with 47 marked as special
since they are recaps, I guess you can just watch the regulare episodes (+47, since it's available) and mark it as completed"
You all need to watch Nami.

Jun 18, 2017 8:00 AM

Oct 2008
For the ADAPTION CHALLENGE an anime with "Card Game" source in which slot should I put it?
I think Miscellaneous is the right one but I don't know if it is should be consider as Game in general.

Here the link to my challenge, and the question is about Touken Ranbu anime!
"AI WA QUARTETNIGHT!"
Jun 18, 2017 4:08 PM

Aug 2015
Lady_Nera said:
For the ADAPTION CHALLENGE an anime with "Card Game" source in which slot should I put it?
I think Miscellaneous is the right one but I don't know if it is should be consider as Game in general.

Here the link to my challenge, and the question is about Touken Ranbu anime!

Miscellaneous is correct.
Jun 19, 2017 10:09 PM

Jan 2011
> [X] Watch anime adapted from a doujinshi:

MAL doesn't have 'doujinshi' listed as a source type for Anime. These are the only options available.

EDIT: I guess it's finding a doujinshi type on the manga database and using its anime adaptation even if the anime's page says otherwise or nothing as all. I guess for me personally I'll be using
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31995/Kowaremono_The_Animation
https://myanimelist.net/manga/80633/Kowaremono
b/c MAL links to a doujinshi even though the anime's page says 'manga'.
Is that what we're supposed to do? It might be confusing for other people and a clarification would be nice on the challenge's page.
lanbladeJun 20, 2017 10:30 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (43) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Comedy Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Oct 12, 2016

930 by samot-frt »»
6 minutes ago

» 🔱 LoScore 「 Batch 55: MAY 04 | B.56: JUN 03 | Sign Up B.56 until JUN 16 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Aug 26, 2019

9407 by hoshi4 »»
17 minutes ago

» Action Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Jan 24, 2019

659 by samot-frt »»
52 minutes ago

» 🏫 AWCC University [OPEN until Aug 15] ( 1 2 3 )

HimeCrycho - May 31

100 by samot-frt »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: Poll: » 🎁 Challenge Completion Rewards ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Mar 22, 2016

405 by MidnightCielo »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.