Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (28) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2021 3:37 PM

Oct 2014
Would love some recommendations on what to watch for the challenge :]

Ideally something on my PTW, a movie or something edgy/gritty/dark
Apr 6, 2021 10:31 AM
Oct 2020
Nymeew said:
FanTazia02 said:
(58) Watch an anime with 50 or less favorites on MAL and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more that finished airing before you started it

Could anyone help me with this one? Or give ne tips on how I can find anime based on favorites?
I know a few that I have actually enjoyed up to a point. I hope you can use some of these:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7597/Boku_Otaryman
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38295/Joshikausei
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33363/Eiyuu_Kaitai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36992/Tomie
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10360
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1617
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3389

Thank you so much!
Apr 6, 2021 10:33 AM
Oct 2020
sakata-shi said:
FanTazia02 said:
(58) Watch an anime with 50 or less favorites on MAL and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more that finished airing before you started it

Could anyone help me with this one? Or give ne tips on how I can find anime based on favorites?

It might be hard to find something with less than 50 favorites, but usually, OVAs or movies connected to a larger franchise will have a much lower number of favorites so try and see if you can find any that fit that requirement.

Otherwise, your best bet is to find something either really unpopular or just bad (but not so bad that people favorite it as a joke).

Off of my list, I found the anime Nineteen 19 which currently has 3 favorites.

Note: for whatever anime you pick, be sure to get a screenshot of the stats page as the number of favorites could easily change and surpass 50

Thank you for the advice!
Apr 6, 2021 12:52 PM

Dec 2013
Need recs please! I'm doing TV Restriction and Endurance 20Mins+ so any 1cour/2cour anime is fine. (Any on PTW/On-Hold can be suggested too.) Thanks :)

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Apr 6, 2021 1:55 PM

Jun 2016
Canaan said:
Need recs please! I'm doing TV Restriction and Endurance 20Mins+ so any 1cour/2cour anime is fine. (Any on PTW/On-Hold can be suggested too.) Thanks :)

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2: I see you liked the first season. Watch the second to round it out
Darling in the FranXX: love in robots/ the robots run on doggy style
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu: what if there was a solution to human over population?
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans: best of the Gundam series, standalone
Neon Genesis Evangelion: why haven't you watched this yet...
Apr 6, 2021 5:42 PM

Aug 2018
Can someone rec me something? 1-cour anime are prefered but longer anime (max 50 eps) are also welcome.
Apr 6, 2021 6:06 PM

Feb 2015
TrueFortune said:
Can someone rec me something? 1-cour anime are prefered but longer anime (max 50 eps) are also welcome.

Nana (one of my favorites that I spotted on your ptw list)
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Gakkougurashi
Paradise Kiss
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Apr 6, 2021 10:06 PM

Sep 2014
Can I get a rec? Preferably something from my PTW but honestly anything is fine!

Apr 6, 2021 10:45 PM

Jun 2016
ownitlikeaboss said:
Can I get a rec? Preferably something from my PTW but honestly anything is fine!

From your PTW (this list is school themed):

Azumanga Daioh: the OG cute girls doing cute things. I actually am using this for my AWC, and I wholeheartedly endorse it. It is super silly and fun
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: what if you had to fight for your class rank at school? Also contains best Hideyoshi
K-On!: newer CGDCT, this time in a band. I am actually CURRENTLY rewatching this, so I recommend it TOO
Sakigake!! Cromartie High: This show is in my top 5 shows of all time, and I am recommending it to everyone who has yet to see it. Do you like monkeys? Got em. Do you like robots? Got em. Do you like Freddy Mercury riding a horse? Yes. We got that too.
Toradora!: the crown jewel of tsundere romance. Watch a dragon tame the palm top tiger
Apr 6, 2021 10:49 PM

Sep 2014
okayyoga said:
ownitlikeaboss said:

From your PTW (this list is school themed):

Azumanga Daioh: the OG cute girls doing cute things. I actually am using this for my AWC, and I wholeheartedly endorse it. It is super silly and fun
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu: what if you had to fight for your class rank at school? Also contains best Hideyoshi
K-On!: newer CGDCT, this time in a band. I am actually CURRENTLY rewatching this, so I recommend it TOO
Sakigake!! Cromartie High: This show is in my top 5 shows of all time, and I am recommending it to everyone who has yet to see it. Do you like monkeys? Got em. Do you like robots? Got em. Do you like Freddy Mercury riding a horse? Yes. We got that too.
Toradora!: the crown jewel of tsundere romance. Watch a dragon tame the palm top tiger

Thanks a bunch!

Apr 7, 2021 7:01 AM
Dec 2020
Could someone give me a recommendation for the AWC? No restrictions so anything works thanks.
Apr 7, 2021 7:14 AM

Nov 2020
Yanny6618 said:
Could someone give me a recommendation for the AWC? No restrictions so anything works thanks.

Akame ga Kill! (24 eps)
Dororo (24 eps)
Dr. Stone (24 eps)
Prison School (12 eps)
Mob Psycho 100 (12 eps)
One Punch Man (12 eps)

hope you like one of these, good luck
Apr 7, 2021 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
You know the rules and So do I, ngl I hope someone will rec something unusual and maybe more underrated anime x).

Apr 7, 2021 8:44 AM

Feb 2015
Zettaiken said:
You know the rules and So do I, ngl I hope someone will rec something unusual and maybe more underrated anime x).

here you go!!

Shion no Ou (i love this anime and it is certainly underrated!!)
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru (madoka's lesser known cousin.. its recommended to watch madoka first but not required!)
Houseki no Kuni (TV) (not really underrated but more so overlooked by cgi anime fan haters.. but its really good!!)
Sakamichi no Apollon (good anime to have kind of in the background)
Prince of Stride: Alternative (unique in the way its a parkour anime lol)
Apr 7, 2021 10:15 PM

Jul 2020
want a good recommendation for the challenge. I like psychological, Slice of Life and comedy genre but it's it fine if the recommended anime doesn't have it.

Also, I would like to get a movie recommendation too which has a length of 2 hours of more. Thanks

AniList x Spotify x Instagram
“Whether we die or not, isn't really that big a deal." — Suzuya Juuzou
Apr 8, 2021 1:11 AM

Dec 2015
LEGENDS_OF_ANIME said:
want a good recommendation for the challenge. I like psychological, Slice of Life and comedy genre but it's it fine if the recommended anime doesn't have it.

Also, I would like to get a movie recommendation too which has a length of 2 hours of more. Thanks

Psychological:
7Seeds
Jin-rouh
Ghost in the Shell

Slice of Life:
Acca 13
Adachi to Shimamura
Isshuukan Friends

Comedy:
5-toubun no hanayame
Bakuman
Great Pretender
Bofuri

The only movie 2hrs+ which I know is Mononoke Hime
Apr 8, 2021 5:11 AM

Feb 2015
LEGENDS_OF_ANIME said:

i had two movies that were 1 hr 59 minutes lol.... here's a few 2 hour+ movies; i didnt check your list so im sorry if youve already seen them!

The iDOLM@STER Movie: Beyond the Brilliant Future (technically a sequel but you could probably watch it standalone? there's a lot of characters though so it might be hard in that regard to keep everyone straight without having seen the anime)
Koe no Katachi
Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni (this has been on my ptw list forever because its so long lmao)
Apr 8, 2021 5:12 AM

Feb 2015
LEGENDS_OF_ANIME said:

i had two movies that were 1 hr 59 minutes lol.... here's a few 2 hour+ movies; i didnt check your list so im sorry if youve already seen them!

The iDOLM@STER Movie: Beyond the Brilliant Future (technically a sequel but you could probably watch it standalone? there's a lot of characters though so it might be hard in that regard to keep everyone straight without having seen the anime)
Koe no Katachi
Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni (this has been on my ptw list forever because its so long lmao)
Apr 8, 2021 6:31 AM

Jul 2020
Soone said:

Koe no Katachi

Thanks, I have only watched Koe no Katachi among those 3. And i think i will use the 3rd movie you recommended for the challenge. Also, if you don't mind can you please accept my friend request, I try to add the people who has amazing list style and watched quite a bit of anime to my friends, It's fine if you don't want to.

(also, you said this, "this has been on my ptw list forever because its so long lmao" but is 2 hour and 30 mins really that long?? I watch anime for 4 hours on average)

Apr 8, 2021 6:55 AM

Jul 2020
Zettaiken said:

watch Girls' Last Tour. It's not underrated to be honest, it's just not much popular. I love an anime the most when it has a good story and it's pretty good in my opinion.

Apr 8, 2021 11:48 AM

Jan 2020
LEGENDS_OF_ANIME said:
I would like to get a movie recommendation too which has a length of 2 hours of more.

You should give Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni a try
Apr 8, 2021 3:45 PM

Mar 2017
Can I get a recommendation please? :o PTW doesn't necessarily mean anything, unless you strongly feel I should watch one of them, but don't need to base it off of that! Preferably nothing too long either! Thank you!!
Apr 8, 2021 5:08 PM

Feb 2015
hailhellfire said:
Can I get a recommendation please? :o PTW doesn't necessarily mean anything, unless you strongly feel I should watch one of them, but don't need to base it off of that! Preferably nothing too long either! Thank you!!

heres a few you might like!

Assassination Classroom
Dororo
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Owari no Seraph
Sakomoto Desu ga?
Zankyou no Terror
Apr 8, 2021 7:33 PM
Mar 2021
If anyone could recommend me some more romance anime that somewhat relate to my list, I would appreciate it.

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AlphaM00n

Note: If any that are recommended that are already on my list, you could tell me if its worth watching over others so I can prioritize it.
Apr 8, 2021 7:55 PM

Jun 2016
AlphaM00n said:
If anyone could recommend me some more romance anime that somewhat relate to my list, I would appreciate it.

https://myanimelist.net/profile/AlphaM00n

Note: If any that are recommended that are already on my list, you could tell me if its worth watching over others so I can prioritize it.

Sooooo you don't have a lot of ratings on your profile, so I going to give you 2 lists for different subgenres in romance!
The asterisks indicate they are on your Plan to Watch List already

Romance/Drama: these are all super feelsy. If you like Angel Beats this is the list for you
*Ano Natsu de Matteru
*Kokoro Connect
*Nagi no Asu kara

Romance/Comedy
: This is MY preferred genre of romance, so these are some of my top rated romcoms. This list is full of silly, lovey-dovey shenanigans. If you like Toradora, this is the list for you
NHK ni Youkoso!
Ouran High School Host Club
*Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
okayyogaApr 8, 2021 7:59 PM
Apr 8, 2021 7:56 PM
Mar 2021
Alright I'll go ahead and watch those after I'm finished with a few I'm currently watching
Apr 9, 2021 2:42 AM

Jul 2020

SOOOOOOOOO..... what should I recommend to him???

Apr 9, 2021 5:15 AM
Oct 2018
Could I get some recommendations?
I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to set any restrictions, but I would really appreciate it if there is no gore or extreme horror in the suggestion.

Thank you in advance!!
Apr 9, 2021 6:26 AM
Oct 2018

Thank you so much!! These are perfect, I think I'll watch the Fruits Basket reboot since that one seems like a lot of fun to watch.
Apr 9, 2021 6:30 AM
Bhaal babe

Jul 2015
exonerate said:

Thank you so much!! These are perfect, I think I'll watch the Fruits Basket reboot since that one seems like a lot of fun to watch.
Yay! One of my favs if you couldn't tell hehe. I hope you enjoy it ♥

Apr 9, 2021 7:25 AM

Mar 2017
Soone said:
hailhellfire said:

heres a few you might like!

Assassination Classroom
Dororo
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Owari no Seraph
Sakomoto Desu ga?
Zankyou no Terror

Thank you! I put all of these on my plan to watch cause they ALL look interesting!!
Apr 9, 2021 8:44 AM

Jan 2021
LEGENDS_OF_ANIME said:

SOOOOOOOOO..... what should I recommend to him???

well I'm not sure if this is for the AWC but I found Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, Log Horizon, or One Punch Man might be similar
Apr 9, 2021 4:28 PM
Nov 2019
Can Somebody Suggest me Something (not too long)
Apr 9, 2021 5:20 PM
Nov 2019
thanks i will go for brave 10
Apr 10, 2021 4:58 PM

Sep 2018
Hello, could I please get some recommendations? Thank you. :)
Apr 10, 2021 5:29 PM

Feb 2015
Yilichii said:

hi! i hope something here sounds interesting for you!

The iDOLM@STER
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Little Witch Academia (TV)
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Nichijou
Apr 10, 2021 6:32 PM

Sep 2018
Soone said:
Yilichii said:

hi! i hope something here sounds interesting for you!

The iDOLM@STER
Demi-chan wa Kataritai
Little Witch Academia (TV)
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Nichijou

Thank you so much, these all look really fun!
Apr 11, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2020
Hello, everyone! I'm looking for anime that might fit the following challenge items:
(24) Watch an anime where the same Voice Actor is credited under at least two different characters
(86) Watch an anime without any Recommendations
(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed
(122) Watch an anime that has two or more adaptations listed under Related Anime

I would prefer something from my PTW, but if nothing there works or you don't want to look through it, I would like something 2 cour or less, and I tend to like slice-of-life, sci-fi, fantasy, edutainment, and gentle comedies (so not something Konosuba-esque]. I do ask for no hentai/ecchi.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. As a more useful form of thanks, please feel free to look at my sign-up post, #1836. I'm doing card 1, and these 4 items are the only ones I needed to find, so you might find something you can watch there!
Rivka44Apr 11, 2021 9:57 AM
30+ Anime Fan, And Just Happy To Be Here

Yearly Anime Challenges:

Apr 11, 2021 10:23 AM

Jan 2021
Rivka44 said:
Hello, everyone! I'm looking for anime that might fit the following challenge items:
(24) Watch an anime where the same Voice Actor is credited under at least two different characters
(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed
(122) Watch an anime that has two or more adaptations listed under Related Anime

Well for #24 Aggressive Retsuko (ONA) 3rd Season works and it's on your ptw
For #122 Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 works
If no one else can help with the rest I will try to look for some later

I would prefer something from my PTW, but if nothing there works or you don't want to look through it, I would like something 2 cour or less, and I tend to like slice-of-life, sci-fi, fantasy, edutainment, and gentle comedies (so not something Konosuba-esque]. I do ask for no hentai/ecchi.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. As a more useful form of thanks, please feel free to look at my sign-up post, #1836. I'm doing card 1, and these 4 items are the only ones I needed to find, so you might find something you can watch there!
Apr 11, 2021 10:34 AM

Nov 2020
Rivka44 said:

For item 86 I recommend Toutotsu ni Egypt Shin! It's a really cute, short 10 episode ONA that you might enjoy.

I can come back and edit this if I find anything for the other items. Good luck!!

Rivka44 said:

Thank you for offering! If anyone wants to look at their AWC post, here's a link
Apr 11, 2021 1:03 PM

Jul 2020
Thanks, sakata-shi and Hyskoa_Morroh. I will be using your recs (Aggressive Retsuko 3, Teasing Master Takagi-san 2, and Oh Suddenly Egyptian Gods). I just need to find one for #117 now. :)
30+ Anime Fan, And Just Happy To Be Here

Yearly Anime Challenges:

Apr 11, 2021 2:47 PM
Jan 2020
hello to everyone, could someone recommend me something? thanks for your answers.
Apr 11, 2021 2:52 PM

Feb 2015
NaranjaVic1999 said:
hello to everyone, could someone recommend me something? thanks for your answers.

hello! here is some!

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
Great Pretender
Erased
Fugou Keiji: Balance:Unlimited
Orange
SooneApr 11, 2021 3:30 PM
Apr 11, 2021 3:08 PM

Jun 2016
Heyy can i have some recommendations? no restrictions, but preferably not too long please.
thanks!
Apr 11, 2021 3:29 PM

Jan 2021
Rivka44 said:
Thanks, sakata-shi and Hyskoa_Morroh. I will be using your recs (Aggressive Retsuko 3, Teasing Master Takagi-san 2, and Oh Suddenly Egyptian Gods). I just need to find one for #117 now. :)

Rockman.EXE Beast+ has no op or ed!
Apr 11, 2021 3:37 PM

Jan 2021
Sugaminny said:
Heyy can i have some recommendations? no restrictions, but preferably not too long please.
thanks!

Osomatsu-san
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?
Asobi Asobase
Azumanga Daioh
Hyskoa_MorrohApr 13, 2021 6:33 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (28) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

541 by Ranacchi »»
10 hours ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

110 by Kaylee »»
Jun 13, 10:31 AM

Sticky: » 🌷🐸 Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 🐸🌷

Aeradae - Apr 28

22 by vemz21 »»
Jun 11, 4:02 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

537 by kjplethodon »»
Jun 10, 3:56 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.