Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (26) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2015 3:17 AM

Nov 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:

By going for a picnic in a middle of a war? Oh, and not just a war, a Holy Grail War.
Again it was day time, fights don't happen in that time plus they had Saber with them.
Apr 12, 2015 3:19 AM

Jan 2014
DamnThatsTheSpot said:
Shinji really caught Liz's halberd huh.

5/5 just for that.
Apr 12, 2015 3:24 AM

Sep 2011
Last final minutes were really the old good parts I enjoyed this episode. Blond guy made the episode. [size=50]Wish I could say his name[/spoiler]
TyrelApr 12, 2015 3:27 AM
Apr 12, 2015 3:27 AM

Nov 2013
Zulkir said:
chaosflame5 said:
It's the directing then~ Like I said, same goes for that picnic scene, no monolgues means it looked like an insignificant scene. And we have to make them look like normal humans, so of course they require to eat, so it's not like they're having fun. Kirei's mapo tofu, my point is that, it's like one of those little characterisations of a character, it shows that he has some lighter side, so eating is one of them. I need to see the significance of that in the VN.

Actually, anime has absolutely clearly stated the purpose of the date in the end of pre-date episode: so that Shirou learns to do something for his own joy and not some other people.

That is explained in a 20-second scene at the end of the date, in the bus, and it in no way excuses the 11 minutes of nothing that preceeded it. Of course, if you liked those interactions, good for you. I didn't.
If I create a 10-minute scene where a character just sits patiently, waiting for another person to show up, I may have shown a part of his personality, but the scene still blows.
Apr 12, 2015 3:31 AM

May 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
But does one anime really needs to show the characters eating just make them look like normal humans? Surely people would not be so stupid & assume that they do not eat if the anime does not show them eating.
Wars happen at night time like GARBrotato said. Day time is when normal people go with their daily activities. Grail Wars meant to be a secret ritual, so an exposure of that, well, I wonder how things will go, lol. So there would be scenes of stuff in the day time. They have to act normal or else there would be suspicions.

Apr 12, 2015 3:32 AM

Dec 2007
Lollo36 said:
Zulkir said:

Actually, anime has absolutely clearly stated the purpose of the date in the end of pre-date episode: so that Shirou learns to do something for his own joy and not some other people.

That is explained in a 20-second scene at the end of the date, in the bus, and it in no way excuses the 11 minutes of nothing that preceeded it. Of course, if you liked those interactions, good for you. I didn't.
If I create a 10-minute scene where a character just sits patiently, waiting for another person to show up, I may have shown a part of his personality, but the scene still blows.

Not if its done well. A scene isn't just bad because of what it encompasses. Even the dumbest ideas can turn out good if written well, as proven by many anime over the years. And as mentioned below, the SOL scenes are important for what FSN is as a story.
KetuekigamiApr 12, 2015 3:36 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2015 3:32 AM

Sep 2011
Pat_To_Do-List said:
chaosflame5 said:
It's the directing then~ Like I said, same goes for that picnic scene, no monolgues means it looked like an insignificant scene. And we have to make them look like normal humans, so of course they require to eat, so it's not like they're having fun. Kirei's mapo tofu, my point is that, it's like one of those little characterisations of a character, it shows that he has some lighter side, so eating is one of them. I need to see the significance of that in the VN.

But does one anime really needs to show the characters eating just make them look like normal humans? Surely people would not be so stupid & assume that they do not eat if the anime does not show them eating.

Zulkir said:

By going for a picnic in a middle of a war? Oh, and not just a war, a Holy Grail War.

F/sn is not about grimdark and fighting, it is about keeping a balance between SoL and War and THAT is one of the reasons why a lot of people love it so much. Without it F/sn would no longer be F/sn and just some low-level grimdark shounen. And I would be in Fai's place now, if that happened in this adaptation, lol.

Tl;dr: F/sn is not F/sn without a lot a food scenes.
ZulkirApr 12, 2015 3:36 AM
Apr 12, 2015 3:34 AM

Jul 2014
the episode was less better than (episode 13) , i'll admit that caster's background story was kinda boring in someways , her master was shitty and all but i liked lancer he was awesome ....
anyway gil attack was so cool ! oh and that rin landing lol XD
overall it was a good episode i give it 4/5
sonnestarkApr 12, 2015 3:37 AM
Apr 12, 2015 4:09 AM

Nov 2013
Ketuekigami said:

Not if its done well. A scene isn't just bad because of what it encompasses. Even the dumbest ideas can turn out good if written well, as proven by many anime over the years. And as mentioned below, the SOL scenes are important for what FSN is as a story.

Let's suppose that the SoL scenes in FSN are actually entertaining, well-written and/or charming, and let's set this aside. How important is the date in the context of the story?
The only new piece of information is the fact that Shirou feels guilty about having fun because of his past thrauma, and we only learn that in the bus at the end of the date (it takes 20 seconds). That's all the progress we have made in 13 minutes of screentime (I just checked). You could argue that the VN goes more in-depth, but I would answer that the scene in the VN is even longer.
I'm interested in reading why the date scene is important to the story from your point of view.
Apr 12, 2015 4:18 AM
Apr 2013
Doomdoctor said:
Hetment said:

Wait what?
They are the most interesting of all...
Especially Shirou o.o

U serious?

I am serious.
He is a great character which you not see much in anime or VN...
Rin is a great character too and behaves like a realistic girl just with a touch of tsundereness, Even then she teases people so much.
You see, if you are a softie and friends with Rin... She will make you cry with her sarcasm and rude sayings if you bother her lol. 'Red devil'
As for FZ... Yup because FZ morals and battle strategy are SHO REAL!! ... Except they are not. Their morality is of a child and seriously idiotic. Strategy? They get killed way too fast and act too fastly.
Why do you think wars go on for years? Both side wait for other to attack.
Offense is NOT the best defense always.
Apr 12, 2015 4:36 AM

Aug 2009
Lollo36 said:
Ketuekigami said:

Let's suppose that the SoL scenes in FSN are actually entertaining, well-written and/or charming, and let's set this aside. How important is the date in the context of the story?
The only new piece of information is the fact that Shirou feels guilty about having fun because of his past thrauma, and we only learn that in the bus at the end of the date (it takes 20 seconds). That's all the progress we have made in 13 minutes of screentime (I just checked). You could argue that the VN goes more in-depth, but I would answer that the scene in the VN is even longer.
I'm interested in reading why the date scene is important to the story from your point of view.
The story is about Shirou.Those "20 secs"are the result of built up since the PREVIOUS EP.Yes it is important that Shirou cant fucking enjoy a summary of a date that would make any normal guy ,or even a girl, extremely happy.
Apr 12, 2015 4:48 AM

Dec 2012
GARBrotato said:
Again it was day time, fights don't happen in that time plus they had Saber with them.

So that means they could nonchalantly go for a picnic? That's illogical, but then again some say that's just how Rin is.
Saber, as we both know, not that strong to fully protect them. As we have witnessed a few times.

chaosflame5 said:
Wars happen at night time like GARBrotato said. Day time is when normal people go with their daily activities. Grail Wars meant to be a secret ritual, so an exposure of that, well, I wonder how things will go, lol. So there would be scenes of stuff in the day time. They have to act normal or else there would be suspicions.

Then just show us when they're doing something important in daytime, not when they're going for a picnic. For example, show us when they are learning more about the enemies, training, or maybe doing surveillance.

Ketuekigami said:
And as mentioned below, the SOL scenes are important for what FSN is as a story.

Let's hope that you are right.

Zulkir said:
F/sn is not about grimdark and fighting, it is about keeping a balance between SoL and War and THAT is one of the reasons why a lot of people love it so much. Without it F/sn would no longer be F/sn and just some low-level grimdark shounen. And I would be in Fai's place now, if that happened in this adaptation, lol.

As a VN, maybe that's a good thing. But this is an anime. Those are two very different things. Not everything that works in a VN would work in an anime. And maybe those scenes are more well-made in the VN.
So F/S N would be a worse narrative without those daily-life moments? Well . . . , for the anime adaptation, I disagree.
I like anime.
Apr 12, 2015 4:48 AM

Jul 2012
WHY!!!

Gilgamesh was just about to destroy Berserker and then they give us a MEGA cliffhanger!!!

I really want to see Gilgamesh go in and utterly destroy Berserker.

~Great episode!!!
Apr 12, 2015 5:02 AM

Aug 2009
Pat_To_Do-List said:
GARBrotato said:

So that means they could nonchalantly go for a picnic? That's illogical, but then again some say that's just how Rin is.
Saber, as we both know, not that strong to fully protect them. As we have witnessed a few times.

chaosflame5 said:

Then just show us when they're doing something important in daytime, not when they're going for a picnic. For example, show us when they are learning more about the enemies, training, or maybe doing surveillance.

Ketuekigami said:
And as mentioned below, the SOL scenes are important for what FSN is as a story.

Let's hope that you are right.

Zulkir said:

As a VN, maybe that's a good thing. But this is an anime. Those are two very different things. Not everything that works in a VN would work in an anime. And maybe those scenes are more well-made in the VN.
So F/S N would be a worse narrative without those daily-life moments? Well . . . , for the anime adaptation, I disagree.
The picnic IS an important scene.And it has SHOWN them learning more about their enemies,training and planning so your complains are invalid.

And Saber CAN protect them unless if they are attacked by Berserker or the Golden haired guy(who is an unknown factor).But both him and Ilya are clever enough to NOT attack in daytime in a place FULL of people.Fighting in secret is the basics of basics of the War.Why do you keep ignoring this.

Any real reason why the anime CANt have those scenes or is it because you just dont like them?
Apr 12, 2015 5:09 AM

Jul 2007
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Those daily life moments are there to develop Shirou .

FSN is not about grail war.
It is about Shirou
Removing them would mean removing even MORE Shirou's characterization than they already did for no reason at all.
Apr 12, 2015 5:11 AM

May 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
The above post had already said it. It's not obvious in the anime that's all. That date/picnic scene is not only for Shirou to explore his mind by monolugues, which didn't show, but also, it's also to show that Shirou should consider himself for once instead of neglecting himself while save others.
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Saber is not as strong in this route, but in Fate route, she is strong.

CookingPriest said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Those daily life moments are there to develop Shirou .

FSN is not about grail war.
It is about Shirou
Removing them would mean removing even MORE Shirou's characterization than they already did for no reason at all.
^ Indeed. F/SN is not to be combined with F/Z style-wise and story-wise. F/Z is a chapter or two from a history book, that's how people should treat it.

Apr 12, 2015 5:12 AM

Mar 2014
Here he is the King of Heroes Gilgamesh, been waiting for him to get into action !!!

Apr 12, 2015 5:14 AM

May 2013
ChromiumSX said:
Here he is the King of Heroes Gilgamesh, been waiting for him to get into action !!!

I approve of this spoiler trolling.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 12, 2015 5:24 AM

Aug 2014
Lollo36 said:
Zulkir said:

It was pretty relevant because shirou felt he didn't deserve it.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 12, 2015 5:28 AM

May 2013
A scene showing something important =/= a good scene. It's some of the issue I have with plenty of F/SN's scenes. Yes, they explain things and yes that's useful, but they aren't done in an interesting manner especially when you compare it to certain in my opinion superior works. That's why it's a terrible argument. Just because a scene explains something important doesn't mean it's a good scene. It just means it has a good purpose, a good inspiration to write the scene in the first place. Not that the scene itself is good.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Apr 12, 2015 5:29 AM

Aug 2014
I hope they present things in a similar way to kara no kyoukai with HF

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Apr 12, 2015 5:55 AM

Aug 2010
About the "Golden" hair guy. How is spoiling his identity even spoiler. It never gets revealed in UBW becuase you are already supposed to know it. For us VN readers UBW was meant to be seen after the Fate route and for the anime viewers after Zero.
Apr 12, 2015 5:57 AM

May 2013
Ragna92 said:
About the "Golden" hair guy. How is spoiling his identity even spoiler. It never gets revealed in UBW becuase you are already supposed to know it. For us VN readers UBW was meant to be seen after the Fate route and for the anime viewers after Zero.

Yup, and I definitely think that considering stuff that's known from the Fate route a spoiler is silly, for example once there was drama about revealing that Shinji's Servant was Rider.
Apr 12, 2015 5:59 AM

Dec 2014
Forum flame war continues -.-'
Saber-chan bondage continues ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That little part of Caster backstory was nice and kinda sad but she's still a sadistic bitch. She handled that El-Melloi prick quite well.
Can't help but like Ilya and the way Rin flew was hilarious. Kinda sad that they couldn't talk.
The dankest motherfucker appears, hello Gilgamesh. He rekt them without a sweat. Next episode will be amazing, two of the greatest fight.
Apr 12, 2015 6:04 AM

Apr 2015
I enjoyed the episode, Gilgamesh OP as usual and shinji just pitiful as usual. Pumped for next weeks episode, i get the feeling it will probably be the best of the series yet
Apr 12, 2015 6:05 AM

Oct 2013
Decent episode I guess? The first part was a bit boring but the scene in Illya's castle made up for it. I can't wait for the battle of legend next week.

So what exactly did Lancer do after entering the lab looking bored to death?
Apr 12, 2015 6:14 AM

Jul 2007
Ragna92 said:

No it is revealed in UBW. Since there's no fate adaptation it is a spoiler.
Apr 12, 2015 6:17 AM
Mar 2013
they used for once an "evil" musilm and everybody complains .-.
Apr 12, 2015 6:21 AM

Aug 2009
Craftworld_MM said:
Forum flame war continues -.-'
Saber-chan bondage continues ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That little part of Caster backstory was nice and kinda sad but she's still a sadistic bitch. She handled that El-Melloi prick quite well.
Can't help but like Ilya and the way Rin flew was hilarious. Kinda sad that they couldn't talk.
The dankest motherfucker appears, hello Gilgamesh. He rekt them without a sweat. Next episode will be amazing, two of the greatest fight.
That isnt El Melloi.That guy was talking about a magus that took part in the previous war.
-Riptide- said:
Decent episode I guess? The first part was a bit boring but the scene in Illya's castle made up for it. I can't wait for the battle of legend next week.

So what exactly did Lancer do after entering the lab looking bored to death?
He wasnt bored he just disliked his job,just like he did with Shirou.

You see Caster wounded in the forest.that must give you an idea.
Gal3riel said:
We dont even know if he is muslim...
Apr 12, 2015 6:33 AM

Dec 2013
NO!!! THAT CLIFFHANGER! ;-;
Apr 12, 2015 6:35 AM

Sep 2011
CookingPriest said:
Ragna92 said:

Will Saber's identity be a spoiler forever then?

Othi-tan said:
Gal3riel said:

As far as I know shariat laws do not allow more than 4 waifus in a harem. So he is probably not.
Apr 12, 2015 6:50 AM

Jul 2007
Zulkir said:
CookingPriest said:

Technically her calling out her NP will count as reveal since it will be obvious as fuck.
Apr 12, 2015 6:55 AM

Jul 2014
Zulkir said:
Othi-tan said:

As far as I know shariat laws do not allow more than 4 waifus in a harem. So he is probably not.

Lol the kind of person he was portrayed as, do you really think he would care about the sharia?
Apr 12, 2015 7:10 AM

Sep 2014
It was a good episode I suppose. Though the fact that they completely ignored Shirou's confession was a tad bit disappointing. Oh well. Can't wait for next week's episode.
Apr 12, 2015 7:13 AM
Jul 2013
Man, I hate how OP Gilgamesh is. Type-Moon plz nerf :V
Apr 12, 2015 7:16 AM

Aug 2009
Zulkir said:
CookingPriest said:

Othi-tan said:

Harems arent an arabic only thing either.
He could be indian or anything actually.

Gilgamesh looks like a Russian-American model ffs.
Apr 12, 2015 7:22 AM

Apr 2013
Gilgamesh rape mode soon? Can't wait to see that one sided fight.
Apr 12, 2015 7:23 AM

Aug 2009
Narutotaku said:
Dont worry.Nerfing OP chars is TM's strong point.
Apr 12, 2015 7:34 AM

Mar 2015
Othi-tan said:
Zulkir said:

Amusingly enough, that harem dude would look more similar to the Gil in The Epic of Gilgamesh than the Gil we all know and love.
Apr 12, 2015 7:43 AM

Apr 2013
OneTrueEmiya said:
Othi-tan said:

Amusingly enough, that harem dude would look more similar to the Gil in The Epic of Gilgamesh than the Gil we all know and love.

He looks more Middle-Eastern, for one. Gil looks European.
Apr 12, 2015 7:45 AM

Oct 2014
Ragna92 said:

Except it does get revealed in UBW.
Apr 12, 2015 7:47 AM

Mar 2015
nocorras said:
Ragna92 said:

I think next episode or the one after, whichever has him boasting about himself and whatnot.
Apr 12, 2015 7:47 AM

Apr 2013
nocorras said:
Ragna92 said:

"becuase you are already supposed to know it"

I trust Ufo not to make an already "non-VN reader unfriendly" adaptation even worse.
Apr 12, 2015 7:49 AM

Oct 2014
simbee said:
nocorras said:

I trust Ufo not to make an already "non-VN reader unfriendly" adaptation even worse.

I don't even see what your deal is. It gets revealed in UBW, that's all there is to it, it doesn't matter if you're already supposed to know it. It changes pretty much nothing.
Apr 12, 2015 7:50 AM

Apr 2013
nocorras said:
simbee said:

I don't even see what your deal is. It gets revealed in UBW, that's all there is to it, it doesn't matter if you're already supposed to know it. It changes pretty much nothing.

Hmmm I'm stating that it probably is gonna be revealed in this adaptation.
Apr 12, 2015 7:50 AM

Feb 2013
Jesus, 19 pages already.

This episode was amazing.

New wallpaper much? They made a death scene so pretty.

Gil is eye candy as always. I don't care if he's evil, he is HOT.
Rin gets sent flying again 2 episodes in a row (lmao).
Caster gets an although rushed, but nice, SUFFERING backstory. Good character development.
Illiya was cute and she's going to go full rage mode next episode, can't wait to see that.
Kinda glad I saw no Archer in this episode because he's annoying as fuck.

Great episode, can't wait a week.

Also, trolls really need to stop spoiling shit for people who have legit not read the visual novel and are new to F/SN UBW. It is really getting annoying. No one cares that you know one more piece of information and you feel the need to ruin the excitement for others. You are unnecessary.
CandeloroApr 12, 2015 7:56 AM
Apr 12, 2015 7:52 AM

Oct 2014
simbee said:
nocorras said:

I mean that's pretty obvious. They aren't going to not name drop him, especially when it is revealed in the VN in UBW.

The one that is questionable is Saber, but there are two good places to reveal that so I'm guessing it's revealed.
Apr 12, 2015 7:55 AM

Apr 2013
nocorras said:
simbee said:

I mean that's pretty obvious. They aren't going to not name drop him, especially when it is revealed in the VN in UBW.

It's an adaptation and nothing is certain. As far as I'm concerned, OP's point or assumption is valid, though the possibility is low.
Apr 12, 2015 7:56 AM

Oct 2011
Narutotaku said:

He can just send thousands of swords right at you. You will be defeated within seconds.

The only fighter who has a sliver of chance is Castor because she is a long range magic user. The rest of them get annihilated quite easily.

I always assumed the masters would be somewhat equal in total power, excelling others in certain abilities while being weak in others. Yet this character alone can take on every master head on, without too much trouble.
Apr 12, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2013
Candeloro said:
Jesus, 19 pages already.

This episode was amazing.

New wallpaper much? They made a death scene so pretty.

Also, trolls really need to stop spoiling shit for people who have legit not read the visual novel and are new to F/SN UBW. It is really getting annoying. No one cares that you know one more piece of information and you feel the need to ruin the excitement for others.

That would be a pretty bloody wallpaper.

Pretty ironic though. You complain about people spoiling, yet you mentioned Gil in your post.
Pages (26) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 25, 2015

1037 by Rain_Machika »»
May 28, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 20, 2015

1400 by sadoomi »»
May 23, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 11, 2015

1719 by icim_fitto »»
Apr 27, 4:58 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Apr 4, 2015

1557 by Swatheesh123 »»
Apr 9, 8:52 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 13, 2015

1574 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 29, 12:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.