Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2014 8:55 AM

Oct 2010
Might as well try this. Ok you can check my list if you wanted to but I will mention what I am generally looking for.

First: I'm fine with serious anime but I don't like those show that wanted to be too deep and ended up losing something in return(i.e. NGE) but I enjoy those serious anime that is easy to understand(i.e. Madoka).

Second: I'm a big fan of SoL especially well done 4-koma SoL. If you can recommend any title for both anime and manga that is similar to any of this, then the better I will enjoy it:
Hidamari Sketch
Acchi Kocchi
Gochuumon Usagi Desu Ka?

Third: I'm also into drama anime but very picky when the drama is combined with romance. If ever you will recommend a drama/romance title, please keep in mind the following title suite best my reference:
Kanon(2006)
True Tears
Ef

Fourth: If your going to base my rating, I suggest not. It would be confusing especially if we are dealing with enlightenment type recommendation.

Last. If possible, consider my plan to watch list. I'm trying to lessen that in a slow manner. As I just recently finished Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu from that list, I hope the recommendation would be either OVA or series. I pick a certain time when I can watch anime movies so I have to mention that.

Well thanks in advance.
Jun 23, 2014 11:12 AM

Jan 2013
@magicmew:

Try: Bartender, Fate/zero, FMA2003, Gatchaman Crowds, GetBackers, Giant Robo, GinTama, Giant Robo, Kaiji, Hajime no Ippo, Hokuto no Ken, Hunter X Hunter, Beast Player Erin, Kure-nai, Letter to Momo, Noein, Only Yesterday, R.O.D the TV, RahXephon, Rainbow, Samurai Champloo, Moribito, Angel's Egg, Bunny Drop and Wolf's Rain and then I think you're set.

@Motion_Menace:

Jojo 2012, Kure-nai, and Bunny Drop? You seem quite critical of smaller shonen stuff, so I withheld some things.

@mlcdl

Casshern Sins, Eureka Seven, Hajime no Ippo, Kure-nai, Only Yesterday, R.O.D the TV and maybe Angel's Egg, although it is quite a slow and cryptic watch.
Jun 24, 2014 5:58 AM

May 2014
I would appreciate anime and manga recommendations
Jun 24, 2014 10:17 AM

Oct 2012
Looking for anime recommendations, too! Both things from my PTW to get started on, and new suggestions based in scores, or in my favorites, maybe.

I have a very hard time getting into very old series, so it'd be cool if you could avoid those for now. Evangelion is as old as I would watch, probably, and that's really pushing it too.
Jun 24, 2014 10:28 AM

Oct 2012
ricka551 said:
I would appreciate anime and manga recommendations

I'll only rec a few as I'm sure more guys will come in and give you titles.

Anime: FLCL and Ghost in the Shell (the movie and the series[both season.]) If you want a bit more variety, try out Mononoke, Serial Experiment Lain, Honey & Clover, and Welcome to the NHK. (Also, I was gonna recommend Katanagatari, but I saw you were already watching it. Good on you, man.)

Manga: Hoshi no Samidare, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, Vinland Saga, and Slam Dunk.
Jun 24, 2014 10:30 AM

Sep 2012
Kalypze said:
Looking for anime recommendations, too! Both things from my PTW to get started on, and new suggestions based in scores, or in my favorites, maybe.

I have a very hard time getting into very old series, so it'd be cool if you could avoid those for now. Evangelion is as old as I would watch, probably, and that's really pushing it too.

Since you like Shinsekai Yori and Psycho-Pass:
Texhnolyze
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Since you like Mawaru Penguindrum:
Shoujo Kakumei Utena

Since you like Kyousou Giga:
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Haibane Renmei
Jun 27, 2014 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
Is this thread still active?

...I have too many in my watching list. Most of them are basically on-hold but I just haven't arranged them in good categories. I don't even watch anime often lately, barely an episode per few weeks.

I self-proclaim my tastes are weird and I'd like to know what everyone thinks.
cthukoJun 27, 2014 8:22 PM
Jun 27, 2014 11:24 PM

Oct 2012
cthuko said:
Is this thread still active?

...I have too many in my watching list. Most of them are basically on-hold but I just haven't arranged them in good categories. I don't even watch anime often lately, barely an episode per few weeks.

I self-proclaim my tastes are weird and I'd like to know what everyone thinks.

I'd recommend you continue watching Mawaru Penguindrum, and start watching Mononoke, since you liked Kuuchuu Buranko.
Jun 28, 2014 12:05 AM

Apr 2010
@cthuko: I would continue with:
-JoJo 2012
-Aoi Bungaku
-Mawaru Penguindrum
-Prince of Tennis
Jun 28, 2014 3:20 AM

Jan 2013
@galimx..
I recommend you LoGH
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 28, 2014 3:29 AM

Aug 2013
I agree with continuing Mawaru Penguindrum. Don't put it on hold or you'll get lost. Heck, I can't even fully grasp what it's all about without rewatching and searching on the forums.
Jun 28, 2014 3:32 AM

Oct 2012
@cthuko

Keep watching Mawaru Penguindrum and Jojo. As for Aoi Bungaku, if you like reading, I'd recommend sticking to Dazai's novel, but if not, might as well finish this too. No Longer Human is more than worth it.
Jun 28, 2014 3:43 PM

Dec 2012
Helloooo, recently I've been board waiting on Tuesdays and Saturdays to watch the new episodes of the most recent anime season. Now all of the series I have been
watching have already or are about to end in a couple of days. I've been looking for an anime completes or still going and I don't know what to do so could you guys give me some recommendations, Thanks!!!
Jun 29, 2014 1:12 AM

Apr 2013
@Miniboxer

Hmmm, not sure what you would like, try:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Now and Then, Here and There
Mononoke
Planetes
Dennou Coil
Jun 30, 2014 6:29 AM

Oct 2012
Wahh I didn't expect all these replies, thank you guys! Now time to get started.
Jul 1, 2014 6:13 PM

Mar 2009
Those who think they know my taste, what should I prioritize watching from my On-hold or PTW? (I'm saving Ashita no Joe for later, though.)
Jul 1, 2014 6:45 PM

Feb 2008
AlabastreAizo said:
Those who think they know my taste, what should I prioritize watching from my On-hold or PTW? (I'm saving Ashita no Joe for later, though.)

Bad boy. Bad bad boy.

Rose of Versailles and Dear Brother. Also GaoGaiGar, Takarajima, Saint Seiya and Votoms. And Rome's Blue Sky, Future Boy Conan and Nadia.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 1, 2014 7:10 PM

Apr 2010
You have many good titles on hold:
LOGH
Haibane Renmei
JoJo
Hajime no Ippo

:)
Jul 1, 2014 9:02 PM

Oct 2012
AlabastreAizo said:

Jojo
LoGH (unless you still plan to watch it with your friend.)
Mononoke
Jul 2, 2014 6:02 AM

Apr 2013
AlabastreAizo said:

Well based on your favourites, you may like:

Salaryman Kintarou
Hataraki Man
Mononoke
Master Keaton
Mouryou no Hako (only watch this if you don't get bored from dialogue driven series)

And its not on your list. But you may like:

Legend of Black Heaven
JodyqtJul 2, 2014 6:07 AM
Jul 2, 2014 6:28 AM

Mar 2009
I think I'll start JoJo, LoGH, and Rose of Versailles back up, then. I think Zeta and I may have the most similar tastes.

I actually watched an ep of JoJo last night. I really think I like part 1 as an anime more than a manga. And yeah, Ducat, I think I'll just give up watching LoGH with my friends. That's just never going to happen.

Jody, I want to watch one of those, but I guess I'm just not in the mood for any of 'em right now. I've been in a hardcore anime slump.
Jul 2, 2014 3:43 PM

Dec 2013
Could someone take a look at my list and recommend me some animes? I'm particulary fond of Ecchis,Harems and Rom-Coms. I'm also a fan of thrillers, Seinens and Shounens, so please, Enlight me!
The only genres i don't like that much is Mechas and sports, and please, no aliens.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 3, 2014 12:48 AM

May 2014
Ducat_Revel said:

Manga: Hoshi no Samidare, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures, Vinland Saga, and Slam Dunk.

Thanks for those, Vinland Saga and Hoshi no Samidare are now in my favourites. Any more manga suggestions?
Jul 3, 2014 2:36 AM

Mar 2009
FlareStar101 said:
Could someone take a look at my list and recommend me some animes? I'm particulary fond of Ecchis,Harems and Rom-Coms. I'm also a fan of thrillers, Seinens and Shounens, so please, Enlight me!
The only genres i don't like that much is Mechas and sports, and please, no aliens.

I don't think there is anything enlightening I can offer you regarding ecchi and harem series. I think you'd like Monster, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Baccano!, Trigun.... You not liking Mecha is a real let down. You say you don't like Mecha, but you have two Mecha series that you gave 10s to? Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Jul 3, 2014 6:47 AM

Dec 2013
AlabastreAizo said:
FlareStar101 said:

I don't think there is anything enlightening I can offer you regarding ecchi and harem series. I think you'd like Monster, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Baccano!, Trigun.... You not liking Mecha is a real let down. You say you don't like Mecha, but you have two Mecha series that you gave 10s to? Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion.
They are the only ones i respect, i've heard quite a lot about NGE though, gonna try and watch it soon
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 3, 2014 9:02 AM

Jun 2010
Jul 3, 2014 6:40 PM
Feb 2014
Mind if I can get some recommendations?
TipsyFishJul 3, 2014 6:57 PM
Jul 3, 2014 8:52 PM

May 2012
Gatomon said:
I am interested in watching new anime, any suggestions?

I say this every time someone posts with a list like yours. You don't score your anime. We can't tell what you do and don't like. Since you're very new to anime though, I suggest you take a look at our enlightenment list and try out some of the newer, more modern and easily accesible titles to find out what your tastes are. Anime such as Cowboy Bebop, Baccano and Fullmetal Alchemist/FMA Brotherhood are likely to be of interest to you if you like shows heavy on action. And since you like K-ON, I would most definitely recommend you check out Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou.

TipsyFish said:
From your Plan to Watch, definitely watch Cowboy Bebop and Mawaru Penguindrum. Watch the second season of Haruhi before you watch the Disappearance movie (if you don't want to stomach the endless eight you can watch episodes 1, 2 and 8 from that arc and still understand what's going on) or else the movie won't make sense because it relies heavily on things that happened in the second season. And since you like Ghibli movies I would recommend Wolf Children/Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, which isn't made by Ghibli but has a similar sort of feel and heartwarming storyline to it.
Jul 3, 2014 9:08 PM
Feb 2014
TipsyFish said:
Rarity said:
From your Plan to Watch, definitely watch Cowboy Bebop and Mawaru Penguindrum. Watch the second season of Haruhi before you watch the Disappearance movie (if you don't want to stomach the endless eight you can watch episodes 1, 2 and 8 from that arc and still understand what's going on) or else the movie won't make sense because it relies heavily on things that happened in the second season. And since you like Ghibli movies I would recommend Wolf Children/Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki, which isn't made by Ghibli but has a similar sort of feel and heartwarming storyline to it.

I have seen the second season, thanks for reminding me for putting that on the list. Also, thanks for the recs, but I'm more looking for anime similar to Welcome to the NHK! and Tatami Galaxy.
TipsyFishJul 3, 2014 9:20 PM
Jul 5, 2014 9:13 AM

Oct 2012
So, I've finished all the movies and short OVAs in the E-List. I'd like to watch some more shorter works (good ones,) but I'm running low on ideas.

Speaking of OVAs, I'll probably watch Area 88 and Black Jack soon. So no need to recommend those two to me.
Jul 5, 2014 10:00 AM

Apr 2013
Ducat_Revel said:
So, I've finished all the movies and short OVAs in the E-List. I'd like to watch some more shorter works (good ones,) but I'm running low on ideas.

Speaking of OVAs, I'll probably watch Area 88 and Black Jack soon. So no need to recommend those two to me.
Well "Key the Metal Idol" is a good ova from the 90s but it's not short.

As for shorts and movies, recommendations: Airy Me, Furiko, Yami Shibai, Rain Town, Patlabor, Dark Side Cat, There She Is
Jul 5, 2014 10:02 AM

Oct 2012
Jody32 said:
Ducat_Revel said:

Well "Key the Metal Idol" is a good ova from the 90s but it's not short.

As for shorts and movies, recommendations: Airy Me, Furiko, Yami Shibai, Rain Town, Patlabor, Dark Side Cat, There She Is

Thanks Jody. I'm done with There She Is and Patlabor but I'll give the others a shot.
Jul 5, 2014 10:07 AM

Oct 2012
galimx said:
I recommend Genius Party and Genius Party Beyond if you like shorts. Also Memories (Magnetic Rose from Satoshi Kon)

Oh yeah! I've been meaning to check those out. I just never got around to it. Thanks for reminding me, galimx.
Jul 5, 2014 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
Oh, if you like weird stuff.

A Piece of Phantasmagoria might be up your alley as well.
Oh, and Ani-Kuri is half-decent, but nothing I'd usually go out of my way to recommend.
Jul 6, 2014 6:40 AM

Jun 2012
After I'm done with Monster's manga I'm probably gonna go and watch the anime to see the differences (and apparently the dub is really good+Lord Madhouse)

Are there any other notable suspense thrillers I should check out? I just found out they can be ridiculously fun to marathon and I could use some nice timekillers
Jul 6, 2014 9:00 PM

Apr 2013
Kaimon said:
After I'm done with Monster's manga I'm probably gonna go and watch the anime to see the differences (and apparently the dub is really good+Lord Madhouse)

Are there any other notable suspense thrillers I should check out? I just found out they can be ridiculously fun to marathon and I could use some nice timekillers
Gallery Fake might be up your alley.
Golgo 13's series was good, but it gradually got boring and the scenario's were repetitive. If you liked it though I'd recommend City Hunter which is more on the playful side with an absolute dickheadish mc.
You may want to check out "Lupin the III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine" as well.
Jul 6, 2014 10:04 PM

Jun 2012
galimx said:
Kaiji is a nice suspense thriller with crazy gambling games. When you start it, you can't stop watching.
I recommend it. It has 2 seasons.

Also, Perfect Blue from Satoshi Kon.

Been meaning to check out Kaiji for a while, actually. I'll probably do so by the end of summer, same with Perfect Blue.

Jody32 said:
"Lupin the III: A Woman Called Fujiko Mine" as well.

Judging from the synopsis GF seems like it could be interesting. Saw Fujiko Mine late last year, I thought it was pretty good and the artstyle/animation was perfect
Jul 9, 2014 3:03 AM

Mar 2009
[quote=ricka551]
Ducat_Revel said:

Thanks for those, Vinland Saga and Hoshi no Samidare are now in my favourites.
You would definitely like Berserk and Vagabond.
You might also really like GTO, Battle Angel Alita, and Sanctuary.
If you like Hoshi no Samidare and Vinland Saga, I feel like you would like One Piece, too. The humor, powers, and heartbreak similar to HnS, with the adventure of Vinland Saga.
Jul 9, 2014 5:10 PM

Apr 2009
TipsyFish said:
but I'm more looking for anime similar to Welcome to the NHK! and Tatami Galaxy.

try Kuchuu Buranko, if you could bear the rotoscope part that is.

Ducat_Revel said:
I'd like to watch some more shorter works (good ones,) but I'm running low on ideas..

Otona Joshi no anime time : Jinsei Best 10
================

give me some recommendation guys, very much appreciated
belmJul 9, 2014 5:13 PM
Jul 12, 2014 9:25 AM

Mar 2012
Anyone wants to decide what I should start soon based on this picture? http://puu.sh/a8bPy/4b35d0f7f6.jpg I'll let this thread decide since I can't seem too. Also don't pick the highlighted ones; they're movies and I have plans with them anyway.
Jul 12, 2014 10:11 AM

May 2014
@tommy73

Princess Tutu is right up your alley, a simple kid's fairy tale with a clever narrative. Very relaxing and light, yet also has good character drama with well established characters. The atmosphere is actually enchanting, you are in a wondrous world.

I haven't watched any of the others, and you know much better than me what's what. Kimi no Todoke and Chobits grab the eye as fluffy heartwarming romances, something you would seem to appreciate easily.

And you can delete Nisekoi unless you think you might be up for a school harem comedy one day. I personally couldn't binge it without wanting to kill kittens. Starts off as a forced love triangle, introduces more and more characters, and always keeps up with its comedy gags. Something to watch with someone for a good laugh really(though ep. 9 is the obligatory hot spring).
Jul 13, 2014 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
@tommy
Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199

@Belm
Rose of Versailles
Ghost in the Shell + Ghost in the Shell: SAC
Glass Mask
Crest of the Stars
JodyqtJul 13, 2014 9:33 AM
Jul 17, 2014 9:37 PM

Jun 2012
Is Tiger and Bunny worth watching if you're just looking for (dumb) fun that doesn't take itself too seriously?
Jul 17, 2014 11:45 PM

Oct 2012
Kaimon said:
Is Tiger and Bunny worth watching if you're just looking for (dumb) fun that doesn't take itself too seriously?

I tried it with that mindset. I wasn't invested. The fight scenes were lack luster and the dynamic duo really irritated me. Check it out yourself and see if you feel the same way.
Jul 18, 2014 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
Kaimon said:

It's not too silly, it's more just fun-fun (or at least, that's its goal). It's a bit of a mixed bag, but a decent show I'd say.
Jul 18, 2014 1:57 AM

Oct 2012
Kaimon said:
I actually liked it quite a bit. It was refreshing-- felt completely different to anything I have seen in anime before.
Aug 4, 2014 11:03 PM

Mar 2010
Show me and surprise me
Aug 4, 2014 11:31 PM

Jun 2012
Kalypze said:
I actually liked it quite a bit. It was refreshing-- felt completely different to anything I have seen in anime before.

AngelsArcanum said:

It's not too silly, it's more just fun-fun (or at least, that's its goal). It's a bit of a mixed bag, but a decent show I'd say.

Might as well give it a shot then

@SheepRaider

Quick recs judging from your list:

Hunter x Hunter 2011
One Piece
Psycho-Pass
Ghost in the Shell
Eureka Seven
Hajime No Ippo
Hellsing Ultimate
Jormungand
Dragon Ball
Berserk
Soul Eater

Good chance you'll enjoy most if not all of those
Aug 5, 2014 5:31 AM

Sep 2012
Recently watched Terror in Resonance. I think it's worth checking out knowing that it has Shinichirō Watanabe as director.
Aug 5, 2014 11:27 PM

May 2014
Is there anything I should cut from my PTW list? And am I missing any essentials, whether they be enlightening, unremarkable, or relations-tier?

Also, is there a best order in which to watch the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise? I leave out sequels to things I haven't seen on my PTW until I finish the series/movie, but as far as I can tell these can be watched in any order.
avenx333Aug 5, 2014 11:49 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM

» Spring 2023 Overview

Deago - Mar 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Mar 14, 2023 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.