Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 27, 2023 7:35 PM

Jun 2010
Some interesting choices in the adaptation in this episode. Yamada asking for Kyoutarou's LINE address was actually all the way back in chapter 21, and where they actually exchange addresses as at the end of the episode here isn't until chapter 44! Kyoutarou did realize that Yamada wanted his address in the earlier chapter so it's odd it took so many chapters for it to finally happen so melding the two chapters was a good idea. There's also two seperate instances where "Pick-up Senpai" tries to get closer to Yamada; one where he baits Chii and another where he just goes away after trying to invite Yamada to play video games. Combining these two events made a lot of sense; it even tied together "senpai" using Chii with Kyoutarou fearing that Yamada was using him. It was clever to see this connection and add it to the story.

DavidM_27 said:
Why did Yamada whip out the calendar?

She was checking what day of the week Christmas Eve was; later she realizes she could trick him into setting up a date then by "forgetting" the manga. Christmas is a big holiday for lovers in Japan.
May 27, 2023 7:47 PM

Mar 2023
Not much to say other than it was super adorable. and honestly they are moving faster to a confession than most other romance slice of life animes ive seen which i can appreciate. although i doubt they will actually confess this season but it shows that they are getting closer to that point. anyways 10/10 once again
My Candys!

May 27, 2023 7:48 PM
Apr 2023
One of my favorite events in the manga finally animated too.
This is really one of the most emotional events in the series so far. This is really a big development for both of them, and also this is probably one of the major tugs on Yamada's heart, truly making her realize that Ichikawa is someone she cannot let hate her as a person, let alone, walk away from her life.

We only have 3 episodes left but I suppose the next events will be covering more major developments for them and probably cover until the end of their 2nd year in middle school.
May 27, 2023 8:15 PM

Jun 2010
I just realized that the series dated itself exactly; they had school on a Monday and the next day is Christmas Eve; this last time Christmas Eve was on a Tuesday was 2019. I guess this is a period piece!

tekkenshu7 said:
One of my favorite events in the manga finally animated too.

The "I hate Yamada" thing? I really liked how straightforward and brief it is. So many series would takes ages to resolve this.

tekkenshu7 said:
We only have 3 episodes left but I suppose the next events will be covering more major developments for them and probably cover until the end of their 2nd year in middle school.

The Japanese school year ends in March so it's probably not going to get that far since it's only late December.
May 27, 2023 8:28 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Ichikawa nearly took a thousand steps back from all the progress made in the show so far, but thankfully it was resolved rather quickly thanks to Yamada pretty much wearing her heart on her sleeve, and as a result we got that phenomenal moment between them and the entire scene afterwards as the credits rolled, love when that kind of thing happens lol. I also nearly missed that Yamada tried stealing Ichikawa’s bike before they parted ways, I had to rewind a bit because I was confused lol.

I also really loved the little argument between Yamada and Kobayashi, it seemed pretty realistic and was also thankfully quick and ended wholesomely, the “big stupid she-giant” got me lol. And Ichikawa and Yamada finally exchanged contact info, and wouldn’t you know it, they immediately stayed up past midnight texting each other, love it lol. And lastly I was surprised by the direct reference to Re:Zero with Ichikawa’s LINE pfp, kinda cool to see even though I still haven’t seen it lol.
May 27, 2023 8:59 PM

Jun 2020
They took one episode only for Line ID's exchange lol, what a progress.

Hey Ichikawa, the Rem pfp is cute xD I love it.

This scene living forever in my mind, I screamed when I watch it.

Ichikawa's self-doubt is so relatable... I know it's really hard to trust people and the feeling of afraid to gone too far about something.

Not gonna lie I almost cried when Yamada cry T_T also she uses the tissues that Ichikawa gave to her in library back then... They are really sweet.

The hugging scene is adorable... they adapted it really well.

Did Yamada trying to steal Ichikawa's bicycle at the credit scene? Lol girl I giggled.

I guess Yamada doesn't bring the next volume so she can asks his LINE ID xD Nice play.

Also their LINE chat. They are so silly indeed.

This anime is truly The Dangers in My Heart.
May 27, 2023 9:17 PM

Aug 2014
Now that was an amazing hug that Yamada gave to the MC in the end.  I bet none of us have ever had a girl (whos not family) hug us that way with such passion. 

Beautiful crying by Yamada. Really felt it. 

And I felt bad for the short girl best friend of Yamada; she was really looking forward to going on a date, but it was all for nothing. I hope she can find romance. 
oooo3333May 27, 2023 9:26 PM
May 27, 2023 9:20 PM

Oct 2010
Hehehe Yamada almost stole his bike. xD

Amazing chapter as always.
May 27, 2023 9:41 PM
Jan 2021
i love this anime from the music to the story
May 27, 2023 10:18 PM
Sep 2018
Curious mind wants to know who hated this episode
May 27, 2023 10:29 PM
Oct 2019
Hey that's my boy, he got Rem pfp.

But damn that hug though...
Too sweet, i might die from diabetes
May 27, 2023 10:49 PM
Apr 2023
Fronzel said:

tekkenshu7 said:

The Japanese school year ends in March so it's probably not going to get that far since it's only late December.
Yeah I just realized that the next events after their Christmas Eve date (this coming episode) might have too much content as well. It might really not reach that far by the way it is now paced.
May 27, 2023 10:54 PM
May 2022
Remember bwos, Overthinking is bad.
May 27, 2023 11:02 PM

Mar 2021
Fronzel said:
Some interesting choices in the adaptation in this episode. Yamada asking for Kyoutarou's LINE address was actually all the way back in chapter 21, and where they actually exchange addresses as at the end of the episode here isn't until chapter 44! Kyoutarou did realize that Yamada wanted his address in the earlier chapter so it's odd it took so many chapters for it to finally happen so melding the two chapters was a good idea. There's also two seperate instances where "Pick-up Senpai" tries to get closer to Yamada; one where he baits Chii and another where he just goes away after trying to invite Yamada to play video games. Combining these two events made a lot of sense; it even tied together "senpai" using Chii with Kyoutarou fearing that Yamada was using him. It was clever to see this connection and add it to the story.

DavidM_27 said:
Why did Yamada whip out the calendar?

She was checking what day of the week Christmas Eve was; later she realizes she could trick him into setting up a date then by "forgetting" the manga. Christmas is a big holiday for lovers in Japan.

Yes, this exactly. The way they have pieced together the various events from the early chapters has really revealed how much thought and care went into this adaptation. I was absolutely certain they would make sure the "Line" events would take place in the same episode, since the timing of the two chapters in the manga always struck me as odd. And the fact they tied in the Chi episode (Chi being used by Pickup-Senpai) to reenforce Ichikawa's assessment that he was being used was quite thematically adept. 

And not for nothing, besides the obvious conclusion that Ichikawa's Line avatar proves that he is a Re:Zero fan (completely based, in my opinion), the fact that he chose a character that parts her hair in the same way covering up her right eye is nothing less than hilarious. I just love everything about that.
May 28, 2023 12:04 AM

May 2018
Sajmanski said:
It's just BEAUTIFUL. So sweet and so good. Masterpiece. I've watched a lot of rom-coms but this is just pure diamond in the crown. A must for every fan. Anime of the season is an understatement. anime of the year. Lately I've been so moved by Kimi no na wa. 10/10
You got it absolutely right friend. This chapter, the end of it was a perfect, 10/10. The moment when she asked for the Line it was memorable, up there in my ranking with NHK ni Youkoso episode 8. 
May 28, 2023 12:11 AM
Oct 2022
Ishikawa already got the idea. Why is he still thinking about it like she was using her?.tbh this show is great.
May 28, 2023 12:41 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"I was just looking for an excuse to hate her....."

damn. Also yes, Ram > Rem; fite me

the best part of each episode: "karte #"

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 28, 2023 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
kuroneko99 said:

• The actions Ichikawa took are typical examples to resolve "cognitive dissonance". He acted like the fox in this page.

OH I knew there was a proper word for it! Awesome learned something new today. Thanks!
May 28, 2023 1:19 AM
Oct 2021
Best romance anime ever
May 28, 2023 2:10 AM
Sep 2016
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
May 28, 2023 2:22 AM

Jun 2019
Ahhh... my heart can't take it anymore. This much romance and sweet moments between these two is all I need in my life. What an incredible show I'm watching right now.
May 28, 2023 2:46 AM
Sep 2021
The relationship between yamada and ichikawa is slowly progressing and these little moments here and there in the episode makes it specials to watch them.
May 28, 2023 3:01 AM

Nov 2020
Yamada just want to get Ichikawa Line ID but turn's out he thought she just took advantage of him, glad that misunderstood solved and they both hugged.

I remember this is just average romance anime at first episode but now it's fricking awesome.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
May 28, 2023 3:28 AM

Nov 2021
Finally Yamada goes on the offensive! That gyaru girl is cultured, Ram is indeed better

I just can't with this show, it's just too good man. Those unspoken subtle moments instead of anime-usual monologues that spell out everything for you elevate it so so much for me
N7GreyMay 28, 2023 3:35 AM
May 28, 2023 3:50 AM

Nov 2016
oh my goodness, this episode really has Yamada all over Ichikawa! So cute seein' how coy he is. This show really reminds you what it feels like to have such a big crush on someone you're close to.
May 28, 2023 4:45 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
These days its unusual not for classes to have group chats. If she ever got serious Yamada can get anyone she wants. Still it was amusing seeing Anna try to get close to Kyotaro. But Kyotaro proved to be a pretty good shield for Anna that allowed her to hopefully beat the wannabe playboy away. The makeup between Kobayashi and Yamada though was cute. Im glad that despite the confusion that he's feeling that Kyotaro and Yamada were able to make up. Looks like as a result their bonds only have gotten stronger. Curious to see how things would be next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2023 5:45 AM
May 2021
it is very wholesome and sweet anime
May 28, 2023 6:24 AM
Mar 2018
How did this show go from me rooting for Ichikawa to me rooting on Yamada!?
May 28, 2023 6:50 AM
Feb 2021
thats some genuine love stuf!
is it hard to achieve that .o.?
May 28, 2023 7:09 AM
Apr 2022
best anime romance
May 28, 2023 7:16 AM
Feb 2013
THE RIZZLER ICHIKAWAAAAAA. story/character progression really pays off up to this point. Glad to have stuck around with this series. so good
May 28, 2023 7:43 AM

Dec 2020
What is there to not like? The amount of visual sucrose is enough to make me diabetic.
When I was watching, there was a certain person which said a really good way to describe it
"Me while watching
grins creepily
slaps himself
grins creepily
slaps himself..."
That's pretty close to describe the most viewers, the grin every few seconds on your mouth, I dare you to condemn my accusation. This anime made me smile more than I did in a year just thought it's course and I am really glad there is more.
Ichikawa is clueless, as most boys and man Yamada is carrying it. They both have their blows and that's the most sweetest thing I've ever witnessed. I've patched up a lot of relationship of friends and they tell me a lot of juicy details but nothing as close as this.
There is one sentence to describe this properly, freaking amazing.
I was also one of those who thought of this as Kubo-san's replacement but man was I delusional. This is of it's own league. It's kinda pointless to say this considering many have said the same but "Plot wise and character wise this (The Dangers in My Heart) is definitely better. Kubo san is for high sugar intake". I think it is the best way to put it.
Kubo-san is is a bit low of overall story progress as in less things are going overall, kinda simple and bland but what they really nail at is the sweet parts and personal progress in relationship whereas in this, there are a lot of variables going on, all characters have their own significance to stitch the story, the significance, which I like more than just plain sweetness so as a story person this is a 9/10 for me. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of sucrose, both metaphorically and literally. But yeah, I like watching stories where they make use of everything since it feels kinda incompetent of the author if they do not do so. I feel like I can do better than that which is not something I like to pop-up in my mind watching. I am not targeting Kubo-san, that is very well written as well. I am talking with contrast to trash isekai since it's the best punching bag.
It's really sad to see this anime coming to an end, just 4 left but as Dr.Seuss said "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened". I am really happy to see that there are so many good anime this year, like MT and whatnot. It would be a shame to miss on any of them.

Side note:- Man it sucks to use the rate and review thing. My long written reviews have been erased for the nth time :') I took a lot of time to put every word carefully and it just vanished. Previous one was so well written. Welp... MAL need to save it or give a option to restore review because of misclicks. I don't know about others but I do write this way because of the convenience and easy accessibility to names and it feels like coffee spilling over to the project you spent all-nighters 2 days in a row to make. All the work in vain. OOF.

For card delivery, please click the picture on right
May 28, 2023 8:31 AM
Sep 2020
LET'S GOOOOOO ! finally seeing the progress of this anime getting its credits and likes that it deserved. Hopefully can make it a score of 8 and above at the finale !
May 28, 2023 8:39 AM

Sep 2018
rookielazer said:
tinarek said:
Idk why the community in total gave it 7.4 right now (eps 9). This show is way better than most of romance anime
To be fair this started at 6.95 to 7.00. 
A .4 increase is already significant when most of the time romcoms like this either stay at their initial rating or eventually drops.
Mixed reactions to the first episode didn't help too as some anime watchers have short attention spans and will not gonna give this a chance at least a 3 episode treatment.

Show opened at about 7.15, dropped to 7.04 toward the end of April and has been climbing since.

7.49 at time of posting

It will be quite a stretch for the rating to get to 8 from there but I'd be very pleased to see that.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
May 28, 2023 12:33 PM
Apr 2019
idk what to say but heck don't do that to my girl she was crying and i felt sooo bad :'(
May 28, 2023 1:16 PM

Apr 2016
Man, Ichikawa’s feelings were so relatable in this episode. I loved it.
May 28, 2023 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
I've just pressed the play button and the episode was over.

.·:*¨ 重逢的时代 - 𝕵𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖈𝖆 𝕵𝖚𝖓𝖌 ¨*:·. 𓆩♡𓆪
𝟎:𝟒𝟐 ㅇ──────────────── 𝟑:𝟏𝟑
↺¹ |◁ ▷| ⋮≡
May 28, 2023 3:18 PM

Oct 2012
Softhenic03 said:
I mean Ichikawa, get the idea already lol. It wasn’t as if Yamada was interested in you being in any particular line group or not, she just wanted your id. Though he got it all wrong in the beginning but realized it soon after, when Yamada was about to ask some other guy his id. Must say the timing was perfect as he avoided the unwanted.
To his defense, he realized in the second part of the episode. It's not unusual to be in denial when you are seeing the person interested in you as someone completely out of your league.
Sometimes, realizing they might be interested in you and not just casually joking around is the highest hurdle to jump over.
That's because most of the people keep wall around them that prevents them getting hurt.

The moment he saw she still has tissues he gave her before was where it all dawned on him. I guess from this poiint onwards, they are more or less conscious of their mutual feelings.
May 28, 2023 4:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Eheh common she's so obviously in love, he really thought she would manipulate him... at least he got her line now, they're closer and closer :)
May 28, 2023 5:06 PM
Apr 2023
Amazing episode cant wait for the rest to be animated
May 28, 2023 5:42 PM
Dec 2022
tinarek said:
Idk why the community in total gave it 7.4 right now (eps 9). This show is way better than most of romance anime
because this is the "boring" part of the manga

or in short Kyoutaro denial and stupidity climax before he realize and accept the truth

next ep will be good and Im pretty sure the rating will be better
May 28, 2023 6:58 PM
Jul 2014
my only feeling right now is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
May 28, 2023 7:57 PM
Aug 2020
I found this episode a bit hard to watch.  I felt like Ichikawa kind of de-evolved this episode.   Had Yamada not come to the rescue and pushed as much as she did he would have totally let it all fall apart.    
May 28, 2023 10:16 PM

Oct 2021
I agree with that girl. Ram is certainly better than blue Ram.
May 29, 2023 12:52 AM
May 2023
love it its my favourite anime
May 29, 2023 2:55 AM

Jan 2021
A misunderstanding and its resolution in one episode? Awesome. This episode was pure sweetness.

May 29, 2023 5:24 AM
Jan 2023
love this episode
May 29, 2023 5:31 AM

Nov 2013
"Just date already!" type of episode. Sweet and wholesome as usual. 
May 29, 2023 6:42 AM

Aug 2017
It is unbelievable how unrealistic the attraction is here.

But it's irresistible, I love the show
May 29, 2023 6:43 AM

Aug 2017
hanakocheeks said:
A misunderstanding and its resolution in one episode? Awesome. This episode was pure sweetness.

Yeah I was very pleasantly surprised it didn't drag out. Glad shorty didn't turn into a murderous recluse
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

287 by Muow »»
Yesterday, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

375 by Ashthefox17 »»
Sep 19, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

174 by lauralidia1 »»
Sep 14, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2023

132 by lauralidia1 »»
Sep 14, 11:10 PM

» Is Ichikawa a beta male ?

gioRvani_giorgio - Jun 26, 2023

20 by Zevven »»
Sep 7, 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.