Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2021 8:52 PM

Jan 2021
That ending scene was beautiful, it left me speechless
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Apr 17, 2021 9:12 PM
Apr 2020
This anime is freaking beautiful. Everything was great. The story, the action animation, the ost, everything. As everyone else here has already addressed everything that has happened in the episode, I wanna address two things.

Matsumoto's "woaw". And,

The final two birds (referring to the twins) flying over the horizon which gave me goosebumps.
Apr 17, 2021 9:32 PM

Dec 2020
that ending part where estella and beth sang to keep the guest's calm and carrying their job until the end while literally waiting for their death in a fiery room was insane. great ep as always. matsumoto is also getting a little looser with vivy, eventually giving up and helping her
Apr 17, 2021 9:32 PM

May 2020
hayato_bun said:
I'd be preaching to the choir by saying that this episode is truly gorgeous, so, instead of that, I want to name the most notable (for me) moment, which hasn't been pointed out yet - the way Beth's voice malfunctions after Matsumoto has tinkered with her program gives me the shivers, the sound designers really nailed it

Yea honestly I think the sound design in this anime is amazing. Not only the OST but also the way SFX are handled, for example the way all sound was cut to a stop when Leclerc (I think that was the AIs name) got her head snapped, that just added so much suspense.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Apr 17, 2021 9:34 PM
May 2020
this was easily the best episode so far. the twin relationship was really nice to see. that fight with vivy and the clone was absolutely stunning, it's one of the best fights ive seen in anime in recent years. the closure at the end was phenomenal and beautiful with Matsumoto being given to the young girl.
Apr 17, 2021 9:34 PM
May 2017
I'll be honest, I cried. Using that beautiful song again as a their send-off in combo with the amazing art was unfair. We barely got to know them but this hit me in the feels surprisingly hard.
Apr 17, 2021 9:42 PM

Apr 2015
Holy shit that was a fantastic episode. Ngl I almost teared up towards the end, the song in the background made everything much more emotional. The fighting sequence was amazing as well. This anime keeps getting better and better with every episode. Definitely one of my favorite anime this season, if not my AOTS. Better than any other anime that I watched last season. I can't believe how under-watched this is compared to so many of the other Spring 2021 anime, so many people are missing out smh.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 17, 2021 9:43 PM

Sep 2020
The only thing I want to say is that , I love this anime, AOTS contender for sure

The action in this anime is damm good , I want to see more action in upcoming episodes
Apr 17, 2021 10:03 PM

Aug 2015
oh my fuck i shed real tears. man.
Apr 17, 2021 10:08 PM
Mar 2020
When Estella started singing at the end I just involuntarily started crying shoot. This show is so good. And the bear getting back to Vivy's sister after 15 years. It just made me cry out more.
Apr 17, 2021 10:23 PM

Jan 2018
I love the OP but it's just reused footage from the episodes?
Apr 17, 2021 10:31 PM

Aug 2020
Bruh every ep I watch always hits me in the feels. As always, so excited for the next ep! ♡
Apr 17, 2021 10:34 PM

Oct 2020
Can't believe people are sleeping on this anime, shiiiiit it's great holy fuck. The relationships are well-made at the point that a two episode mini arc can make you cry of sadness and appreciation.

Hope we can see more about Momoka's sister and dang, every conflict in this anime is super interesting, I hope more people come to know it.
Apr 17, 2021 10:35 PM

Oct 2020
0451 said:
I love the OP but it's just reused footage from the episodes?

Same happening with Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san, but the music is a bop so I'm not complaining. Actually, both are lol. 86 ending theme is also kind of lazy btw
Apr 17, 2021 11:11 PM
Jan 2018
The Opening Make me Cry 😭 this anime is so good
Apr 17, 2021 11:29 PM

Oct 2008
Amazing visuals by WIT and OST is also great!
5/5.

Apr 17, 2021 11:42 PM

May 2016
That fight was amazing. The feels when that OST kicks in. When Elisabeth screams her sisters name... Wow. That whole sequence was great.
Apr 17, 2021 11:51 PM
Dec 2018
Another amazing episode. I Rarely see anyone talking about this anime. Now into the next arc!
Apr 18, 2021 12:36 AM
Oct 2007
so gooood! We're still holding up 4 episodes in. I think I'll miss the plushy bear.....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2021 12:46 AM
Feb 2017
The visuals are just too gorgeous, wow.

Sad to see Estelle die so soon, but at least she got to be with her sister for one last time. Vivy seems to be getting closer to understanding what the meaning of putting your heart into something is.
And it seems like the more missions they complete, the more the events in the future mission would also start to change. Time traveling sure does come at a cost.
Apr 18, 2021 12:46 AM

Feb 2019
GOSH An evil identical AI twin? That's the surprise twist behind why the seemingly innocuous stewardess suddenly went crazy? On top of that, the lead terrorist here and her master is that racist kid Vivy saved a bit back. But the real failure of the writing here was probably when Liz, the killer twin, decided to hijack the entire terrorist mission, knock out her master, and all the other anti-AI terrorists were like "Wait, are we obeying the robot we hate now? Uh, I guess we are. It's cool guys. We can trust her." Uh, yeah. Right.

But at least the budget showed up again, so it does look like we're indeed going to be doing the one episode on, one episode off thing. That said, it wasn't particularly well weaved into the episode.
They just kind of waltzed up to the station's core or whatever, interrupted the villanous monologue to have a brief kung-fu fight, and then with still about six minutes… a quarter of the episode… left, it was time to really milk the hell out the suicide-to-save-everybody scene. And I mean really really really milk the hell out of it on every level, from wailing sad piano, even up to the evil twin turning good again, culminating in doves flying off into space to symbolize their sacrifice. We are less than subtle.
Apr 18, 2021 12:56 AM
Jul 2020
Show is fucking amazing my guy. Im speechless.
Apr 18, 2021 12:58 AM

Jul 2020
Wit Studio continues to top itself every week. Goddamn this episode was beautiful. Loved the song at the end.

I accept random friend requests!
Apr 18, 2021 1:14 AM
Jan 2019
I just can’t get over how amazing Wit is
Apr 18, 2021 1:16 AM

Dec 2015
Apparently the technology behind Vivy can achieve AI consciousness hence carried to newer models.

This anime is getting better by every passing episode.
Apr 18, 2021 1:16 AM

Mar 2015
Oy, another beautifuly sad ep. Finally we get Ensemble for Polaris full song! I'm gonna be looping it all week!

I'm so glad Estel was vindicated and bitter sweet ending tugged at my heart.
Raven_WingzApr 18, 2021 1:19 AM
Apr 18, 2021 1:44 AM

Jan 2015
Such an emotional episode

I loved this
Apr 18, 2021 1:58 AM

Sep 2009
Marinate1016 said:
Nah bro the way people been sleeping on Vivy is legitimately criminal. Idk if it’s because people didn’t like Sigururi so they just don’t care about Tappei originals or what.

That Vivy v twin fight was one of the best I’ve ever seen and the OST to go along with it was phenomenal. Tappei and co brought their A game on this. The OP and ED are amazing too. This really could be a masterpiece.

I personally like Sigururi unlike Re:Zero S2. So I care more for his originals. It ias more like people who hate Nagatsuki inb general found iot ovedramatic, while his fans found it not dramatic enough.
Apr 18, 2021 2:20 AM

Sep 2020
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
foxyahoo said:

Not really... There is a lot of happening with Vivy and the cyborgs to care, nothing of this would hit as hard if the charaters were bland.

I mean, Vivy is pretty bland. Also, never said things weren't happening. Just that the things happening are very surface level and the show is basically carried by FukuJun's performance and a really big art budget.

Vivy has a reason for not having the most colorful of personalities: she's an android.
She isn't bland, just robotic.
Apr 18, 2021 2:31 AM

Mar 2014
This episode was so bad it felt like it was written by an AI (no pun intended).

No, really, everything felt so predictable once they revealed she had an "evil sister" that I just couldn't care.
Apr 18, 2021 2:42 AM

Oct 2016
Fucking pain.

Fantastic episode! Definitely the best episode so far. That AI junkyard really reminded me of Detroit Become Human. And looks like next episode will remind me of Nier Automata with those machines in the preview. The OP was fantastic, will this be like Re Zero where the OP only played a few times though lmao.

Estella is innocent after all, it was her twin that crashed the sunrise under orders from Toak, whom saved her from being without purpose. It's pretty interesting to see Toak again though, I wonder if we'll see him again later or will there be another timeskip and we get another successor of those anti AI terrorists.

Elizabeth vs Vivy was fucking sick, Elizabeth got headbutted so hard she forgot her memories. At least Estella and Elizabeth were able to fulfill their mission through the end, and died together, R.I.P. Really looking forward to the next episode.

Also, the song at the end while everything is falling into Earth was beautifully depressing.
Apr 18, 2021 3:12 AM
Dec 2018
A really nice and sad episode. At least the sisters were reunited <33
Apr 18, 2021 3:53 AM
Apr 2021
I will cry in your place, Vivy.
Apr 18, 2021 3:56 AM
Jan 2010
The terrorist is gonna be an old man at the rate this is going
Apr 18, 2021 4:24 AM

Feb 2018
It's good. It's really good. Definitely one of my favorites from this season. The atmosphere at the end was great, animation and sound sound effects were pleasant. Strong 5/5
Apr 18, 2021 4:51 AM

Nov 2009
As good as this episode in particular is, my head keeps going back to how contradictory AI's are portrayed here, Do they have emotions or not and how human-like are they supposed to be? It feels like it can never make up it's mind between turbo smiling husks or full on cryface like Estelle at the end.
Apr 18, 2021 5:18 AM

Jun 2016
wtf is this !!
so beautiful and awesome and make me a bit cry !!

this is masterpiece !!!
Apr 18, 2021 5:28 AM

Dec 2020
I actually thought Elisabeth was the bad but in the end wee see clearly what happened with Estella Twin sister.
Vivy combat abilities are better then before.I like elisabeth’s voice~.~
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Apr 18, 2021 6:35 AM
Mar 2019
animation, music and story is just so incredibly good. So far the best anime this season.

This episode was also very emotional towards the and. Loving it
Apr 18, 2021 7:29 AM
Jun 2019
At first, I thought this was gonna be a very well-produced action anime with a mediocre story. Although it is an amazing job by Wit, I couldn't be more wrong about its narrative aspects.
So far I'm loving everything, especially Vivy's character. Just didn't expect such a sad ending at the end of this ep ); Tho it was beautiful.
Apr 18, 2021 7:59 AM

Feb 2021
Didn't expect Estella to have a little sister. It breaks my heart that their first time meeting each other is under such circumstance, but I'm also glad that we and Estella get to see the good side of Elizabeth.

Fuck this is so good!!!
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Apr 18, 2021 9:02 AM
Apr 2021
Decided to see this show in a wim after seeing a recomendation online and i am so glad i did. This last episode was so suspenseful and after last episode's ending the twist with Beth made me super hyped.

I'm still curious about the motivation of the guy that Vivy saved 15 years ago, cause even after she saved him, it seems like his hate for AI still goes strong... Probably wont be the last time we'll see him

Also mayhaps my eyes got teary at the end scene because of the song, haha...
Apr 18, 2021 10:33 AM
Aug 2020
This anime is clear masterpiece. Graphic, lights, soundtracks oh my god, it's in my top 3 this year for now. AMAZING! I hope this anime was more popular.
Apr 18, 2021 11:06 AM

Jun 2019
The reunion between the two sisters was done well and had some emotion to it. The fight between Diva and Elizabeth was also very good. The music and voice acting were great. While I thought the animation was pretty good during the fight, I felt it would have been great if it was a little more fluid. Nevertheless, this was a great episode.
Apr 18, 2021 11:39 AM

Jul 2017
This shit is so much better in 4 episodes than Re:Zero has ever been by the same author. What an excellent episode, whether in terms of writing and emotions, or in terms of popcorn entertainment with its action scenes. It's got it all, and man it's such a fun show to watch.
Apr 18, 2021 12:07 PM
Jan 2021
This episode was really good and I loved the fight scene in this episode and the OST slaps too 🔥 people better stop sleeping on vivy it’s actually very good
Apr 18, 2021 12:08 PM
Jan 2021
animejas said:
This shit is so much better in 4 episodes than Re:Zero has ever been by the same author. What an excellent episode, whether in terms of writing and emotions, or in terms of popcorn entertainment with its action scenes. It's got it all, and man it's such a fun show to watch.
don”t trash re zero and vivy is not better than it so stop it vivy is good. It not better than re zero
Apr 18, 2021 12:12 PM

Jul 2017
KillanZoldyck0 said:
animejas said:
don”t trash re zero and vivy is not better than it so stop it vivy is good. It not better than re zero

Other than a volume or two, I've just never enjoyed Re:Zero's volumes and content at all. Anime is glorified boredom too for most of it except some certain episodes. Just not my thing. Vivy is something I find more exciting to watch, better visuals, more interesting potential for world building, etc.
Apr 18, 2021 12:14 PM
Apr 2017
animejas said:

It's amazing but nah... Besides totally different shows, one has non stopping fast pacing with a conclusive plot, the other take its time to develop its massive and long term plot and characters.

But yes WIT has better animation than Whitefox.
Apr 18, 2021 12:17 PM

Sep 2020
KillanZoldyck0 said:
animejas said:
story wise re zero is slightly better , but animation of vivy is in whole another level , this makes vivy better then re zero , re zero animation is not good especially S2
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

202 by Excit »»
May 13, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

368 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2021

235 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2021

294 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 10:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.