Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Dec 31, 2017 11:11 PM
Dec 2017
LOL IM SELFISH I couldnt chose between Linda and koko I had a say I would be wanted the main character to have both of them.i don't want mistuo to have my Lind a or my koko he should've stayed with oka
Jan 11, 2018 10:47 PM
Dec 2010
Such fail. Have been with Linda and Banri all the tine, coz they look much more natural than koko and banriOh my gosh. Such interesting anime lost other characters developing, used dat amnesia a lotin weird situations and second characters are just a tool to force koko/banri line, which is awful... Meeeh.......
Jan 19, 2018 12:43 PM

May 2008
Who the hell needs MCs when we have Nana and 2D-kun?!
Feb 5, 2018 12:03 AM
Apr 2017
Up until the last 3 or so episodes i wouldve given this show an 8 or maybe even an 9, but the last episode sealed the deal. I was so pissed, why did they have to rush the ending like that? Happy endings are nice and all, but dont rush it to the point where your whole setup for the last several episodes seems meaningless. This couldve been great, but the end was shitty. Maybe ill give it an 8 when im done being salty, cause i like them ending together but the delivery was very weak.
Apr 7, 2018 8:38 PM
Jul 2016
I feel a little disapointed...
It feels like the ending was rushed.
Apr 15, 2018 4:13 AM

Apr 2013
So in the end everything plays out like one could always assume, Banri practically merging memories and ending up with Kouko.
Overall I enjoyed watching this a lot, the drama was mostly well done. Only to the end it got a bit annoying, but still better than a lot of other drama shows I watched. Best girl goes clearly to Linda and best guy to 2D-kun who actually played the biggest part in the end.
8/10
Apr 15, 2018 7:13 PM
Jul 2018
I watched this at a time where I needed to. I was battling depression, I had chose to watch anime as a way to get through that depression and many of the things I decided to watch only made the depression worsen, until I watched this. This was exactly the kind of story I needed, and I loved it from start to finish. What felt like a great attempt at an ensemble cast that didn't really fall too short of it's mark combined with truly a terrifyingly real look at someone who is going through a major mental issue.

I hope that people who are just very well versed in anime didn't look past the point that this show contained a very real look at love, complex emotions, mental illness, and friendship. This was what I needed to find myself again, and that's why it gets a ten out of ten from me.
Apr 20, 2018 12:55 PM

Oct 2016
Rewatching it again after a long time since I remember it being amazing. Did not disappoint. One of my favourite romance anime out there. The concept and the story and the main couple, love them all <3. Bumped up it's rating from 8 to 10 as soon as I finished it
'Time and titles do not matter in the bonds between people'
May 10, 2018 3:15 PM

Jun 2013
-dont get me wrong i loved the anime, but it was so rushed i couldnt enjoy the ending. It was obvious kouko would win, but the way they did that bridge scene was dumb and trippy. either way linda will go out with blondie and pink haired girl is alone, reminds me of what happened to the red haired girl in toradora
May 10, 2018 3:17 PM

Jun 2013
Jkickit said:
While I like koko and banri since they're so cute, I feel bad for linda since she's always there.

i think it was the guy that was cheating with lindas brothers girl
Aug 12, 2018 9:59 PM

Jun 2015
this is my second time watching this and i now know why i hated it again. i knew koko was gonna end up with banri but i cant help but ship linda and him.
Sep 21, 2018 3:06 PM

May 2016
2D Kun you won't be forgotten.... 8/10
Oct 9, 2018 11:53 PM
Sep 2018
The present Banri wasn't even the Real Banri. The Real Banri was the Past one. Feeling sad for the Real Banri though.

Incomplete ending. Rate 5/10. (Disappointing)
Nov 23, 2018 3:06 PM
Aug 2015
Fucking incredible
Dec 8, 2018 7:40 PM

Oct 2013
Happy ending for Tada Banri and Kaga Koko! Hurray! :D

Man, this anime was awesome. I started watching it almost 5 years ago, shortly after first episode was aired, but after 17th episode I stopped watching, dunno why. Maybe I got bored a bit, or didn't have time or will to watch any anime at all.

After such a long break I decided to finally watch last episodes of this anime I used to like. And what I can say? I remembered everything, despite 5 years long break, and what's more - I liked this anime even more than before that break!

It had everything I like in romance animes: realistic story with funny, yet not overwhelming comedy elements; fantasy elements can be included if they are in proper numbers. "Golden Time" had everything like that and as much as I am not a fan of romance animes, this one was not only a good romance anime, but also an awesome anime in general.

10/10 from me, that's the final score I gave to "Golden Time". I also gave the highest mark for all episodes in proper threads of the forum, including those episodes I saw 5 years ago. I don't remember only plot details, but also I remember how entertaining it was to watch them back then.
Jan 11, 2019 5:40 AM
Jan 2018
Overall I enjoyed this. But.... Damn, in the other side I hate it especially the last episode. I hate when I saw Linda blushed to Mitsuo. fyi I definitely hope ship Banri x Linda, even though I know from the opening and ending (lel) that the ending will bring Banri X Kouko. Damn ending...
Notes : I like the manga version, real happy ending (y)
Pascalist22Jan 11, 2019 10:46 AM
Jan 21, 2019 7:49 PM

Mar 2016
Jonesy974 said:
Ahhhhhh just finished rewatching this show again.
It also makes me sad because nobody as good as Kouko exists in real life. I feel like 2D-kun now.

I finished this 2 years ago and I felt the same way you did. I gotta see this anime again.
Feb 8, 2019 5:56 PM

May 2017
Just done with rewatching it again after two years.. I am currently a student at an university and i wish that me and my friends had at least a tiny piece of all the drama the characters went through in this anime. I mean, really...life is so boring here^^

I am really glad that Banri gained his memories back and got back together with Koko..but on the other hand i feel kinda sad for the 'BanriXLinda'-timeline that never happened actually ....
Nonetheless, the ending felt fulfilling and satisfying.
Feb 21, 2019 5:41 PM
Dec 2018
Only one possible ending and that was the one we got. The girl who tried the hardest and tried to change the most to fit with Banri was Koko. Linda had plenty of chances to accept his feelings and never quite managed to do it cos she was never sure, at any point. Guilt isn't enough.

Koko even got her dad to pick him up after she 'dumped' him. She was a strange one but she was learning and she truly did love him.

The author seems to have a preference for troublesome girls who learn over the types who give everything up for the greater good, after this and Toradora.

Feb 22, 2019 12:26 PM
Dec 2018
magilou said:
A bit of an unrelated question here, but why is is the anime called Golden Time? I do recall seeing a sign that said Golden Time in the beginning of the series when Banri was with the film club.... Though it wasn't a main focus. Did I skip an episode or something?

Well, there was a bar called Golden Time in the show, Banri mentions that these times were so exciting and anything was possible and they felt Golden, and Golden Time is a medical term for when a patient is closest to death and their treatment is crucial.
Mar 12, 2019 4:27 PM
May 2017
I'm surprised by quite a lot of negative comments here for Kouko and the ending.

I think it is one of the best romance anime ever and Kouko is one of the best female MC ever, because she's straightforward and very dedicated to the one she loves, unlike typical tsunderes which you can find in a lot of mainstream romance animes. Linda had her chance yet she f*cked it up, but i still like her for being a good support for BanriXKouko. There's no hateful character in this anime outside the Ghost Banri. The story development is superb.

10/10 from me, it is indeed one of the greats.
Mar 14, 2019 5:09 PM

Feb 2018
After experiencing a lot of problems they finally came together and Banri had received an answer from Linda, but Banri preferred Kouko.Finally happy story.
Mar 18, 2019 12:40 AM
Aug 2016
so whos the girl for 2d-kun? jeez need a ova or somthin there
Mar 20, 2019 4:31 AM
Apr 2018
I dont like the ending it rush
Jun 2, 2019 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
I didn't really understood what happened in the end with ghost Banri, or how was Linda there, but overall a great show, it was really obvious from the start that they were pushing Koko and Banri, I mean she was the only person with Banri that appeared in the OP and EDs. 9 or 8 for me.
Jun 7, 2019 11:18 AM

Aug 2015
Your love interest getting an amnesia and stolen by another girl must be a fun experience, ain't it Linda?

Seriously, this is one of those romcom anime I've watched that I cannot forgive for an improper ending (in my opinion). I shipped Linda and Banri not just for the heck of it but because it seemed logical. His flashbacks alone were powerful enough to convince me how much he loved her but was not able to receive the love back for himself because of the accident. His amnesia was simply a big wall of NTR being supported and maintained by Kouko throughout the whole series (notice Episode 6 where Linda and Banri had a few minutes of interaction regarding his past before Kouko went and negated that by confessing). Since that moment 'til the end, it has been painful for me to watch this NTR anime. NTR was present everywhere from Banri to Chinami. For me, the anime just had too many characters for a story like this. I mean, even with Banri and Linda being the only main characters in this whole series, there still would have been a story (and it could have been better than the one we have right now). Everyone else was irrelevant. The author adding more characters - maybe with intentions of avoiding making a cliche story - just made the story far too complex and painful to watch when it could have turned out simple but still remain a masterpiece.

Without Kouko and some others, the story would have turned out like this: Banri goes to a college in Tokyo, meets Mitsuo and Linda -> Banri and Linda get into a conflict when Banri finds out about the picture -> Ghost Banri suddenly recovers his body and memory but trips to lose them again -> Linda visits -> from here on, you can just replace all of Banri and Kouko's conflicts but replace Kouko with Linda instead with minor modifications -> the end would involve Banri recovering his memory, ending up with Linda, without anyone else likely getting hurt in the process due to forced love triangles caused by the amnesia plot device.

What I got from this is that amnesia is a very scary illness for it can easily destroy all the relationships you've built so far. Look how Kouko repressed the pain she felt when Banri failed to recognize her the same way Linda felt back in Episode 1 when they met during the club recruitment. It probably was worse on Linda's side because she was supposed to meet Banri a few minutes before the accident happened and losing his memory.
TronitusJun 8, 2019 6:58 AM
Jul 1, 2019 7:15 PM

Jul 2014
The split personality aspect of the show was unique for a romcom anime, but the way it was portrayed by the show felt a bit laughable at times.

4/10
Sep 4, 2019 10:29 AM

Jan 2018
This is the best way to conclude a great drama series, even if I was spoiled by my friends on what was going to happen, I still felt tense whether or now they're gonna be together again. I love this anime so much I had to watch it few episodes a day and just extend the time I was watching it since I wan't to cherish every moment.
Sep 25, 2019 5:35 AM
Mar 2019
I really liked this show. Imo a great ending.

Yeah the whole ghost and amnesia story was pretty unrealistic but i really didnt care, it was reasonable enough for me as a basic for a great romcoms with likeable characters.

I didnt like Koko in the beginning and was really rooting for linda but Koko changed quite a lot and was fighting for her love while Linda couldnt make her move despite having many good chances.

9/10
Oct 15, 2019 8:12 AM
Jan 2018
The ghost parts where not really needed . And the series would have been fine without them .

Not sure what was happening on the bridge with Linda . I actually preferred Koko over linda . Linda screwed up her chances as soon as she decided to leave banri alone to not "confuse" him

Some of Kokos decisions where questionable but a bit understable
Mattinator95Oct 15, 2019 8:19 AM
Oct 26, 2019 5:27 PM

Oct 2019
Good drama. I love Kouko character, she might be very flawed but she's extremely loyal, devoted, and always trying to be a better person for Banri.
andrearionaOct 27, 2019 5:14 AM
Oct 28, 2019 6:15 PM

Nov 2017
When they put the drama tag on this database entry..
They meant it.
Wow!

plz @ me
Nov 6, 2019 10:18 PM

Apr 2009
I want to rate this series between 6/7 for episodes 1~20 even though the ending was good. The anime as a whole was at times painful to watch. I am surprised to see so many people were rooting for Linda, that would not even be a possibility for me to consider based on the events of the anime. Irrespective of Banri’s struggles with his memory, the fact is that ghost Banri is his past and can not replace the person Banri is today. And the person he is today has strong feelings of love and bond with Kouko, it was for her sake he didn’t even want to remember his past. It is not unthinkable to me that seeing Kouko in person after a long break and seeing a personal article attached to his sentiments (unlike the mirror he had, the one he saw in kouko’s hand had engraving on it) triggered his memories back. The only logical progress for Banri was going to be him becoming a whole person with both his past and present memories, which is kind of what I got happened in the end. I don’t think Linda was ever rooting to be with Banri, she probably felt too guilty to move on because Banri was stuck in a limbo with his memories. But Linda always supported his relationship with Kouko and she was really upset with their breakup too. She seemed genuinely interested in Yana as well but seemed to be holding back. But I assume she was able to find a closure about not blaming herself for Banri’s condition and accept her newly developed interest in Yana. I personally was never a big fan of Kouko, which made the show unbearable at times, but this is the most sensible ending I could expect out of this show. The whole scene about the ghost at the bridge was weird though, I will agree with everyone on that. Also the part about ghost returning the ring. Maybe it was meant to be a symbolic thing going on inside Banri’s mind, but in that case they should have made it clearer. What made me really happy about the ending though was the prospect of Linda and Yana getting together finally, it was long due. Overall a good show. It was a mess many times, but also very engaging.
JagaraNov 6, 2019 10:22 PM
Mar 23, 2020 4:33 PM
Jul 2018
The ending was quite rushed, but what a nice watching experience.
Mar 30, 2020 2:55 PM
Aug 2015
I actually feel sorry for Linda but I do think that she deserves way better and I feel sorry for Ghost Banri because he has to watch his twin brother be with a girl that Ghost Banri does not love even though I am Team Linda I know that she was not going to win because childhood friends never win I do not really like Koko much
Apr 6, 2020 6:08 AM

Jan 2020
Jagara said:
The whole scene about the ghost at the bridge was weird though, I will agree with everyone on that. Also the part about ghost returning the ring. Maybe it was meant to be a symbolic thing going on inside Banri’s mind, but in that case they should have made it clearer.

This was a great series but I agree the ending wrapped up too quickly. Aside from a lot of dialogue being squeezed in at the sake of what arguably should have been a much more emotive encounter, there's a number of things that are hinted at. For example the reason Linda is spending so much time with Banri is because he is still prone to relapses where he temporarily recalls his more recent self (resulting in him recovering the ring from the river shortly after he drops it). Also that Linda (and presumably Banri's parents) won't discuss his recent experiences is to provide safe an recognisable environment while he stabilises his memories of his ealier life. They also very quickly skipped over his friends efforts to help him recall. So yea, a couple more episodes would have helped expand on the whole 'recovery' experience I think and would have made a bit more sense logically but I can't complain. Still one of the most satisfying series and conclusions of most I've watched.
K-LyeApr 9, 2020 3:15 AM
Apr 7, 2020 12:45 AM
Dec 2012
There is no bro-code on this animer. Literally everyone, including the same character, went out with the same ex-girlfriends ...
Apr 7, 2020 12:57 AM
Dec 2012
Split_Head_77 said:
Up until the last 3 or so episodes i wouldve given this show an 8 or maybe even an 9, but the last episode sealed the deal. I was so pissed, why did they have to rush the ending like that? Happy endings are nice and all, but dont rush it to the point where your whole setup for the last several episodes seems meaningless. This couldve been great, but the end was shitty. Maybe ill give it an 8 when im done being salty, cause i like them ending together but the delivery was very weak.

That should be a shocking and mind blowing ending, bearing in mind that the whole intro and outro we're about Banri & Koko ... But lets be fair, Banri doesn't deserve Linda u.u

#TeamLinda
Apr 9, 2020 3:08 AM
Oct 2019
It was rollercoaster ride. one second i hate Banri and then nah he's ok then again he's annoying. I don't have any complaints for Koko she's took on my favourite girls list at the start of the series. i was little angry when she suddenly broke up with Banri but at the end when they were together it doesn't matter. The ending was little bit rushed i think. They should've shown the Linda's point of view or her development. Every show has a it could do batter. Golden time also had but at the end of the day it nailed it's name as one of my favourite Romance Animes list
Apr 10, 2020 12:55 AM
Jul 2018
Damn the last 3-4 episodes were really intense. I couldn't stop watching -- binged like the last seven episodes and now it's 4AM. 'N given the context, I kinda regret most of the stuff I've been posting on these forums. I can really see the stress the characters undergo. My outlook on the show has definitely improved. Still, things get a bit strange, confusing, or nonsensical at times... but I won't go into depth about all the things I found to be unpleasant. Overall it was a fine anime. Very different in tone than other ones. I think it perfectly combined comedy, drama, and romance. It was like a holy trinity of genres.

But yeah. Super happy ending after quite a bit of tension.

Buuuut, P.S., I would've been equally happy if they chose for Banri to permanently forget all of his college memories. I felt the last half of the last episode was too plot-convenient. He kinda just regains all his memories instantaneously (when looking at the mirror) and all of the tension and drama and sadness that was building up over the course of the episodes was for nothing. After it all, Banri just conveniently returns to college and it's happy-ever-after for everyone. But I digress. I would've been happy with the alternative ending of Banri having lost all his memories but I'm also content with this current ending.
May 1, 2020 3:45 AM

Apr 2020
In the beginning I hated Banri ghost, because of him, all memories with Kouko disappeared, and when he entered Banri's body he forgot Kouko, and it made Kouko sad and of course I was sad too, but in this episode my mind changed, he swam in the river to looking for a ring that was dropped banri on the bridge and fell into the river, that's where my mind changed, and it indicates he has received banri to be his girlfriend kouko, happy to see the ending, banri and kouko become a matching pair, and the five of them ( his friend banri) gather again, I'm happy this anime ending is a happy ending
May 8, 2020 6:21 AM

Aug 2015
Madcreationsz said:
They never mentioned who hit banri with the scooter.... I still think it was Linda though by accident trying to rush and losing control.

Just to be clear, Linda hasn't arrived yet, so it's impossible Linda hit him. She arrives a few minutes later after Banri fell off. She was supposed to answer him regarding his confession, but heh, you just gotta give him amnesia as an excuse for NTR.

All his memories before the accident just went poof, including his relationship with Linda. Ouch. That would be painful as hell if anyone were in Linda's position. Especially if you were about to answer him that night, but then he gets into an accident a few minutes--A FEW MINUTES-- before you could arrive. It might have been even more painful if he actually died. She'd be blaming herself like how the characters in Anohana did.
May 11, 2020 10:34 PM

Apr 2012
The entire anime could've been better told without the ghost or supernatural side to it. The conflicts between past and present Banri should've been translated as an inner battle inside his head and his thoughts. Having the past self become an outside and separate entity able to influence certain events seems too convenient when pointing blame on something. It could've been more interesting if Banri was actually doing conscious and unconscious things directly and indirectly. That would've made him more sympathetic and interesting at the same time.

BTW...
The character NANA is really cool and interesting.
They should give her own story and anime.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
May 19, 2020 11:32 AM

Apr 2020
Janethan23 said:
The entire anime could've been better told without the ghost or supernatural side to it. The conflicts between past and present Banri should've been translated as an inner battle inside his head and his thoughts. Having the past self become an outside and separate entity able to influence certain events seems too convenient when pointing blame on something. It could've been more interesting if Banri was actually doing conscious and unconscious things directly and indirectly. That would've made him more sympathetic and interesting at the same time.

BTW...

Agree. The supernatural angle also bothered me. Although I think the ghost of his past self was there more to explain why his memories of his first year of college were erased when he remembered his past memories. Cause amnesia doesn't work like that. Still just a convenient plot device like you said.

All in all, a really good romance series. I wish more series would delve deep into the relationship themselves instead of being all about falling in love. To me the relationships are the most interesting part and most romance anime ends at their beggining.
May 24, 2020 6:37 AM
Feb 2020
I cried. Such a happy ending!!!
But when I think about it, most of the problems of the anime could have been prevented if:
-Banri had been honest and just told his friends that he had retrograde amnesia, and he had not run away from his past;
-Mitsuo had cooled his head before confessing to Chinami, and actually spent more time with her. Then all this drama with Mitsuo and Linda and Chinami would not have occurred;
-Chinami had told Mitsuo that he should try confessing to her without being under alcohol influence;
-Koko had prepared herself for Banri's old memories, since she loved an amnesiac, and had written notes, mail or taken more pictures with Banri;
-Linda had been more honest with her feelings, and stayed with Banri from the very start, just after the accident and dealt with her guilt;
-2D... well, no problems with him really, he's actually the MVP.
May 25, 2020 10:50 AM

Mar 2013
Janethan23 said:

BTW...

Funny that you mentioned it considering that there's an actual NANA series that Golden Time's Nana was based on.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/877/Nana

It's an excellent anime. Check it out.
Jun 19, 2020 7:12 PM
May 2019
This was so painful to watch , A good anime with a bad ending unfortunately
7/10
Jul 1, 2020 9:28 PM

Feb 2020
Ok so Let's be Honest.....
Almost No one liked the Ending.....but the series was Enjoyable and that is enough for me......
I am happy for both Linda and Kouko!

theprussian said:

-2D... well, no problems with him really, he's actually the MVP.

Yep....... 2D-kun saved the Day!!

Janethan23 said:

BTW...

Totally Agreed!!
Jul 24, 2020 12:27 PM
Oct 2019
Well I'm glad that Banri doesn't remember what a little brat Koko has been through this anime, so maybe Banri can love her more wholesomely from now on. And maybe, just maybe, they could even have a mature relationship or something now that Koko has grown a bit as a person
Jul 24, 2020 12:46 PM
Mar 2014
You want to know the most annoying couple within anime? Well look no further... as if Kouko wasn’t already the most annoying character. I literally forced myself to watch the entire thing. God her character was definitely designed to freaking annoy the heck out of you.
Pages (19) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

315 by GaSoguy13 »»
Aug 27, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

299 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 7, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

392 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 7, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

351 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 7, 4:58 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2014

194 by Rexnihilo »»
Aug 7, 4:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.