Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Jul 29, 2012 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
Omggg..
This game is crazy...I would cry T__T

I would be so screwed b/c I have family in my house! ;x

"You were lying about being seventeen" LOLOLOLOL
Jul 29, 2012 8:19 PM

Jun 2009
Was actually really good. Pretty interesting presentation, though it's hard to say much about the show as of yet. I really just sort of flew into this blind and I like what I saw.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 30, 2012 1:51 AM

Feb 2008
Aniki1990 said:
I'm not reading through 350+ posts to find out, but has anyone else wondered how the players IRL are supposed to eat, drink, and... well, use the toilet? Also, will the creator ever get into legal trouble for causing thousands of people to die? That's at least a third-degree murder charge each... I know I'm probably reading too much into this, but come on...
I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they're being provided for hospital style.

Aug 1, 2012 10:04 PM

Sep 2010
Oh, it turned to be a pretty nice show, I didnt expect that.
Aug 2, 2012 8:26 AM

Jul 2012
Kinda feel like this episode is building up something. I always like MMO game, so I thin I'm adding this one to my list. Let see if it's getting somewhere.

By the way, this one really resemble HxH on the Greed Island section, which is the part that I love the most. Hopefully they can live up to my expectation!

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 3, 2012 3:38 AM

Mar 2012
Just started watching and i have to say i love it :o

Looking forward to more and the guy who made the game is crazy and i'm curious to see his motive of doing all this.
Aug 5, 2012 9:51 AM

Mar 2010
Very excellent first episode, straight to the point and a very good tutorial of what they need to do to survive. I can tell this anime will be a great watch, glad I picked it up!!!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 8, 2012 6:58 AM

Apr 2009
And so it begins (for me, lol). The talk of the online town this season, Sword Art Online.

Wow, even though the synopsis told me what to expect, I still find it a pretty dark take on a VR MMO. Looks like the creator of the SAO game wants to play god now that he's created a perfect virtual reality world. Interesting how what was a story about a game turns into a story about actual survival. Everyone will have to cooperate if they are all get out of the game alive.

The retired MMO player and sword lover in me is excited about this anime. I have high hopes for this.
Aug 13, 2012 9:01 PM

Oct 2011
Nice story , nice episode .... the creator of this game is mad hah.
I didnt get the scene when it occur a wound in Kirito's right hand for awhile after that it disappeared " I know that his right hand was wounded"
Aug 14, 2012 8:35 AM

Sep 2009
this anime reminds me of hack haha :D
Aug 23, 2012 5:11 AM

Dec 2010
First I was like "this episode is one decent start" but after I watched it to the end I think it was great start. This show can go anywhere from here - either to become a top anime(maybe even of all times - I feel that it indeed has this potential) or to the bottom as one of the fail animes that had a good start too.

The ED was really good and it hinted the presence of many female characters in the show - that definitely felt good.

This show ruined the image of such games in my head. Now I doubt that I'll ever connect to such MMORPG(or game at all) even if one gets created :X

I hope there will be high level of drama in this show.
Aug 23, 2012 1:23 PM

Sep 2010
there are many great anime but there wasn't one with that great episode one, which make me want to watch it... It has a potential to be Number one on my list
Aug 25, 2012 11:32 AM
Mar 2012
wow i really liked it!! and kirito is cute:)
Aug 29, 2012 9:48 AM

Jan 2012
best first episode.have't been so into an anime in a long time
Sep 2, 2012 7:55 PM

Apr 2011
Wow this is really good, was really against starting another series that hasn't finished airing but after 1 episode I'm really pulled in :>...
Sep 7, 2012 4:36 PM
Mar 2010
Great starting episode and really can't wait to see more!
Sep 7, 2012 7:14 PM

May 2012
That was great. This show is giving me some STRONG Final Fantasy X type vibes, maybe im just crazy though..
Sep 8, 2012 5:45 AM

Sep 2010
This show is lots better than I expected. It gives off the Mirai Nikki like survival game feeling, especially the epilogue made cringe.

But now I want to know what happened to the creator, the whole nation is after him now and even if he is hiding he can't hide forever.
Another thing I'm wondering about is, is how the players should eat and drink in the real world. People will really die if they don't get food so I hope they won't skip mindless this.
ObinderuSep 8, 2012 5:50 AM
Sep 8, 2012 6:30 AM
Aug 2012
Ovindel said:
This show is lots better than I expected. It gives off the Mirai Nikki like survival game feeling, especially the epilogue made cringe.

But now I want to know what happened to the creator, the whole nation is after him now and even if he is hiding he can't hide forever.
Another thing I'm wondering about is, is how the players should eat and drink in the real world. People will really die if they don't get food so I hope they won't skip mindless this.

It's explained through common sense, and by reading the book, doesn't he even say they will all be moved to hospitals because the media found out?
Sep 8, 2012 1:44 PM

Sep 2010
I don't know if that's supposed to be happen in later episodes - which I don't think because already a month has passed in at the end of the first episode - but no, creator-san didn't mention anything about that and the media didn't either.
Sep 11, 2012 1:58 PM
Jul 2012
Awesome show. Love the idea MMORPG + anime, its like a normal adventure but with all the stuff of a game.
Sep 13, 2012 9:18 PM

Feb 2008
The first episode seems promising. "Wonder" where it went wrong later.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Sep 14, 2012 5:09 PM
Sep 2009
Let me get this straight... A scientist who created 2 great things and is loved by everyone decided to kill off 10 000 kids just for the lulz?

Seriously, is it the only thing his great mind could think of? Instead of creating something new and amazing he decided to become the most creative killer?

There are also too many offs.
200, well already 2000 people have died. The new game was just released so they must've been playing it! There also should be some evidence like game case or something. shouldn't police stop the guy? 0_o
Sep 15, 2012 1:01 AM

Sep 2010
@kitten320
I asked myself those questions as well and realized later on that you just have to watch this show mindlessly to enjoy it. Perhaps some answers will be cleared later on or are only written in the light novel, who knows?
Sep 15, 2012 1:07 AM

Jul 2009
kitten320 said:
Let me get this straight... A scientist who created 2 great things and is loved by everyone decided to kill off 10 000 kids just for the lulz?

Seriously, is it the only thing his great mind could think of? Instead of creating something new and amazing he decided to become the most creative killer?

200, well already 2000 people have died. The new game was just released so they must've been playing it! There also should be some evidence like game case or something. shouldn't police stop the guy? 0_o

He didn't do it for the purpose of killing, he wanted to create a new world, outside of the real world. Thus its inhabitants would have to treasure their lives in SAO as much as they do in the real world.
All of your questions are explained in detail in the novels. I'm not sure if they'll address a lot of the background stuff in the Anime itself, we'll just have to wait and see.
Sep 15, 2012 7:17 AM

Aug 2009
kitten320 said:

MAybe the police cant stop him because they cant find him?And if you paid attention to what he said,the players will die if someone tries to force them to log out.The only thing they can do is maintenance of the servers(although I think the system itself was doing it mostly or soething)and move the players' bodies to the hospitals.
Sep 17, 2012 3:08 PM

Nov 2008
This just raised my expectations of the future! How long before we will be doing that ourselves? 10-15 years maybe. Anyway, I'm glad I started watching this!
Sep 19, 2012 9:25 AM
Oct 2009
looool Im laughin. this is a joke hahahhhahaha xD wtf, so what's the police doing? n how are their bodies going to hold out? are they gna put them on a drip? but if d brain restrics movement are the families/relatives/friends going to move the players' bodies to keep them alive cuz u know we do have to move our bodies otherwise things get bad. xD ahaha so many holes in this anime... am I the only one thinking that??? Maybe something will get cleared up later on but I just read the name of a different discussion here SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT that it's been 2 years n wtf is happenin to the bodies.. I know it's an anime but come on......... I don't like gaps like that n yeah no one is gonna go after the creator of the game right.. n there are no other hackers n nerve concerning doctors or w.e. what a joke.... I'm gna watch a few more eps cuz I know not to judge an anime from the first ep but seriously I expected something greater given its raitings n it was also reccomended to me by a fr lol. I hope it gets better.... for now Accel World beats the shit out of this XD
Sep 19, 2012 3:34 PM

Feb 2012
VampireOjouChan said:
looool Im laughin. this is a joke hahahhhahaha xD wtf, so what's the police doing? n how are their bodies going to hold out? are they gna put them on a drip? but if d brain restrics movement are the families/relatives/friends going to move the players' bodies to keep them alive cuz u know we do have to move our bodies otherwise things get bad. xD ahaha so many holes in this anime... am I the only one thinking that??? Maybe something will get cleared up later on but I just read the name of a different discussion here SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT that it's been 2 years n wtf is happenin to the bodies.. I know it's an anime but come on......... I don't like gaps like that n yeah no one is gonna go after the creator of the game right.. n there are no other hackers n nerve concerning doctors or w.e. what a joke.... I'm gna watch a few more eps cuz I know not to judge an anime from the first ep but seriously I expected something greater given its raitings n it was also reccomended to me by a fr lol. I hope it gets better.... for now Accel World beats the shit out of this XD

Your questions was answered in this episode. Some of them are common sense though. Bodies? Like Kayaba said, he gave the families/goverment an hour to move them to hospitals and give them the same treatment given to comatose patients.

Police? What do you think can a police do when the culprit is hiding somewhere safe? And they can't even hack the system knowing the consequences that if they fail, those 10,000 players will get their brain fried.
Sep 19, 2012 6:33 PM

Aug 2009
HauntingShock said:
VampireOjouChan said:

Your questions was answered in this episode. Some of them are common sense though. Bodies? Like Kayaba said, he gave the families/goverment an hour to move them to hospitals and give them the same treatment given to comatose patients.

Police? What do you think can a police do when the culprit is hiding somewhere safe? And they can't even hack the system knowing the consequences that if they fail, those 10,000 players will get their brain fried.

It wasnt in the ep.
Still VampireOjoucjan must be a big troll.Even the people that bash SAO with passion,found the first ep good or even great.It's like she found out that other "hate" this show so she decided to join.
I know I sound like a fanboy but COME ON......
Sep 19, 2012 6:51 PM

Feb 2012
ssjokg said:
HauntingShock said:
VampireOjouChan said:

It wasnt in the ep.
Still VampireOjoucjan must be a big troll.Even the people that bash SAO with passion,found the first ep good or even great.It's like she found out that other "hate" this show so she decided to join.
I know I sound like a fanboy but COME ON......

Rewatched. Yeah, it wasn't mentioned...Damn, I keep failing these days -_-
Sep 22, 2012 7:56 PM

May 2012
So I finally stared SAO, looks promising so far to be honest, I like the survival concept of the show.
Oct 2, 2012 4:57 PM

Jul 2007
I haven't seen an anime this divisive in the fan community since Elfen Lied, so naturally I had to see it with my own eyes.

Akihiko Kayaba has planned the most expensive mass murder in all of history. Are we sure he's not Akira Takizawa from "Eden of the East" and killing off the most hardcore gamers in Japan is his way of saving the country?
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Oct 4, 2012 7:04 PM
Nov 2008
Really good episode... let's see if this keep going good.

I'm not putting all my expectation on this, I just want to be entertained.
Oct 6, 2012 8:39 AM
Sep 2009
ssjokg said:
kitten320 said:

MAybe the police cant stop him because they cant find him?And if you paid attention to what he said,the players will die if someone tries to force them to log out.The only thing they can do is maintenance of the servers(although I think the system itself was doing it mostly or soething)and move the players' bodies to the hospitals.

Oh please... With 10 000 people as prisoners FBI, CSI and many other organizations would have gotten involved by now. They would also gather all the best hackers out there. And there is no way that such famous dude could disappear. It might be hard but it is possible. Government would never leave it to players and neither would parents be quiet.

Anime also never stated what happens with real bodies.

I don't know about novel but so far this anime is a major failure. For one, it skips tons of material and makes it look like if author had no idea how to properly develop characters so he just skips through time.

For something that is meant to be 3D this series are way 2 dimensional. We only see what players are up to and even that is handled poorly. If they had focused on outside world as well, series would not look as retarded as they are.

Even whole drama with deaths would look better if we actually saw someone's brain die in real world and see their heartbroken family crying "No! Save my child, please!".

Like that we could care at least a bit for those who died. Episode 3 was mega fail. There is no way I will feel teared up for someone I don't know. However, if there was this one small scene it could have made a huge difference even with such horrible pacing.

Seriously, all this series needed is to go between 2 worlds. To show not only players but what real world is up to too. Because there is no way everyone are just sitting quietly and sipping tea for 2 years, waiting for their kids to wake up! They need to be taken care of, there has to be some investigation, some planning and simple drama of having their kids on a death bed.

Beautiful SAO world with action is good but it needs realism, without it, it is a piece of garbage meant for children.
Even Naruto does better.

P.S. Also what the hell is the bad guy up to? Is he also sitting in a bunker for 2 years and sipping tea?
If he makes an experiment, he should check on it. He also can't be locked in one room for 2 years without ever leaving it or having someone else doing errands for him!
kitten320Oct 6, 2012 8:48 AM
Oct 6, 2012 9:40 AM

Aug 2009
kitten320 said:
ssjokg said:
kitten320 said:

Oh please... With 10 000 people as prisoners FBI, CSI and many other organizations would have gotten involved by now. They would also gather all the best hackers out there. And there is no way that such famous dude could disappear. It might be hard but it is possible. Government would never leave it to players and neither would parents be quiet.

Anime also never stated what happens with real bodies.

I don't know about novel but so far this anime is a major failure. For one, it skips tons of material and makes it look like if author had no idea how to properly develop characters so he just skips through time.

For something that is meant to be 3D this series are way 2 dimensional. We only see what players are up to and even that is handled poorly. If they had focused on outside world as well, series would not look as retarded as they are.

Even whole drama with deaths would look better if we actually saw someone's brain die in real world and see their heartbroken family crying "No! Save my child, please!".

Like that we could care at least a bit for those who died. Episode 3 was mega fail. There is no way I will feel teared up for someone I don't know. However, if there was this one small scene it could have made a huge difference even with such horrible pacing.

Seriously, all this series needed is to go between 2 worlds. To show not only players but what real world is up to too. Because there is no way everyone are just sitting quietly and sipping tea for 2 years, waiting for their kids to wake up! They need to be taken care of, there has to be some investigation, some planning and simple drama of having their kids on a death bed.

Beautiful SAO world with action is good but it needs realism, without it, it is a piece of garbage meant for children.
Even Naruto does better.

P.S. Also what the hell is the bad guy up to? Is he also sitting in a bunker for 2 years and sipping tea?
If he makes an experiment, he should check on it. He also can't be locked in one room for 2 years without ever leaving it or having someone else doing errands for him!

Why would FBI,NSA,CIA bother with Japan?And the CSI?Just because in other stories all of them are able to do miracles it doesnt have to be like that in every story.The CSI series isnt exactly what you call realistic you know.The world would be a very peaceful place if it was like that.I mean why would anyone bother to commit crimes if the possibilities to get caught are 110%.

Yeah, hacking always leaves traces and Kayaba made it so if someone even tries, the Gear would fry their brains.Sounds like a good plan right?He made them realise that any act would result to their deaths.Would a government risk to fry 10000 people(most of them kids) just to find someone that wouldnt free the the players even if he was caught?And there is also the possibility that he would kill them if they were to get close to him.The only thing the gov could do after they didnt find Kayaba at his house was to gather a team and make sure that no external factors would put the players lives into danger.Like blackouts,their health,server maintenance for the game.Also they were watching inside the game to get info on what floor the players are,their state etc and they were informing their families accordingly.For example Kirito's family knew that he was one of the top players.ALL of that are answered after SAO is cleared.

Yes it did in ep13.At least what it showed what the players assume that is happening.Which is correct btw.

Nice, lets attack the author.Again and again....Because writing 16 volumes of Kirito and company leveling up sounds like it would be very good.

Just because the series doesnt follow the story YOU want doesnt make it bad.We only see what the players experience.They dont know what is going on outside so we dont get to know either.

Yeah the pacing is bad I will give you that.But there were alot of people that cared about it even with the bad pacing.Yes they butchered that side story(like every other ep so far).

Yes everyone is sitting quietly waiting for them to wake up.They left everything to the doctors and just wait for them to wake up,just like any other family that has a member into a comatose state.Just because you dont see that doesnt mean that their families go on trips without giving a shit.

Realism means seeing what is going on outside the game?Thats not realism it's what YOU want.
Naruto has 300+ eps.SAO has to complete the story(vol1-4)in 25 eps.If it was 30 something eps then the pacing and char development would have been better.

Kayaba wanted to create his own world.That's it.He said it in this ep.Not for the money or fame.You may not like but thats how it is.
He hides in the mountains and also plays the game.And his NerveGear isnt a deathtrap like all the others.He can log in and out whenever he wants and has one assistant.All of these are irrelevant until later volumes but the studio wont adapt them.
ssjokgOct 6, 2012 9:58 AM
Oct 10, 2012 1:18 PM

May 2012
I really liked episode one. I love MMO's, and the way they did this looks really good. I can't wait to see more!
Oct 14, 2012 12:54 PM

Apr 2010
So far, it's pretty good
Hopefully it continues to be so~
Oct 14, 2012 1:54 PM
Jul 2012
roses-and-red said:
So far, it's pretty good
Hopefully it continues to be so~

lol.
Oct 14, 2012 3:03 PM

Apr 2012
THIS is exactly the type of anime I've always wanted to see! And now SAO is here :D

I'm actually glad I didn't find it until now, because now I move directly on to the next episode!
Oct 14, 2012 3:06 PM

Aug 2011
cladinpink said:
THIS is exactly the type of anime I've always wanted to see! And now SAO is here :D

I'm actually glad I didn't find it until now, because now I move directly on to the next episode!

Prepare to be dissappointed.
Oct 21, 2012 11:44 AM
Oct 2012
Udips: I like the anime, at least up to ep. 16th, but they kinda focused a bit too much on the love story >: Characters are interesting, it's possible to get amused enough to watch dozen of episodes at once.

GBanshee: Well, Udips recommended this one to me, I expected something a bit like RealPG at first (dang, still have to get up-to-date with that one), but I was surprised in a good way. I find the lack of magic a good thing. The characters were introduced in a nice way, the action develops quick enough to keep you interested and entertained. Can't wait to see how it develops furhter.
Oct 22, 2012 7:01 PM

Oct 2012
Didn't expect much, but it was alright.. Might put it on my on-hold list .. mhm.
Oct 27, 2012 11:41 PM

Jun 2008
OK, I finally gave in to the hype.

And I gotta say.....I really like the first episode, I like the setting, and I like the premise.

So far so good! :-)
Nov 17, 2012 5:56 PM
Nov 2011
Elite60 said:
lol at the scene where the girl is revealed to be a guy. Well, this should be interesting.

+1 here... that was awesome.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 4, 2012 9:24 AM

Oct 2009
Really enjoyed the first episode. I won't hold my hopes up, heard the 2nd ARC is pretty naff but I'll find out for myself I guess. Still have .hack and Accel World to watch as well, but as an MMO geek, an anime about such an immersive MMO world is like crack to me. ;) We'll see!
Dec 7, 2012 11:29 AM
Dec 2012
from what i heard, at first it is a good anime, but soon start to get crappy, i think i will try to watch this, see where it goes.
Dec 7, 2012 11:40 AM

Nov 2012
Yea the first Ep had me hooked.
Dec 18, 2012 2:20 PM

Dec 2012
This show is looking pretty good.
I will try and not hold expectations though. 5/5 definitely.
Dec 20, 2012 7:56 PM

Nov 2011
Haha, while everyone else is panicing the guy is like. "Time to beat the game" >=(

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Pages (20) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

492 by ItsXolo »»
Sep 15, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Aug 25, 2012

535 by AliQasim22 »»
Sep 13, 12:37 AM

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

23 by Swyzen »»
Aug 30, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

166 by Zarutaku »»
Aug 24, 12:13 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 15, 2012

904 by Saidai_otaku »»
Aug 12, 8:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.