Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2021 4:40 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Petitecherrii said:
For the theme combinations that have been assigned for items #69-73, does the anime have to match all of the themes listed or at least one?
Just has to be valid for at least one of the themes.
Mar 11, 2021 7:08 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Thrasher96 said:
(109) Watch an anime with 8 or more main characters listed
Working!!
Monster Musume
Tsurezure Children
Frame Arms Girl
Azumanga Daioh
Zodiac War
Love Live! (and many other idol anime)
Maria Watches Over Us
Zombieland Saga
Why the hell are you here, Teacher!?

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Mar 11, 2021 9:08 PM

Jun 2016
Does Azumanga Daioh count for 82: Animation in the title?
Mar 12, 2021 3:39 AM

Jul 2014
okayyoga said:
The word 'animation' is in the English title. For the AWC we're using the official title and this one does not have the word 'animation' in it.
Mar 12, 2021 12:19 PM

Jun 2016
mozgow said:
okayyoga said:
The word 'animation' is in the English title. For the AWC we're using the official title and this one does not have the word 'animation' in it.

Damn. Okay thank you!
Mar 12, 2021 7:45 PM
Feb 2020
Hi, I would like to confirm something as I've never participated in these before. Say theoretically I binge-watched an anime and it has an S1, an OVA and a S2. All three have separate entries under MAL, does that mean I can use each one to fill in three separate items even if they're technically the same anime/franchise? Sorry if this was asked already, thanks in advance \( '^')/
Mar 12, 2021 8:09 PM

Jan 2020
slothslotmachine said:
Hi, I would like to confirm something as I've never participated in these before. Say theoretically I binge-watched an anime and it has an S1, an OVA and a S2. All three have separate entries under MAL, does that mean I can use each one to fill in three separate items even if they're technically the same anime/franchise? Sorry if this was asked already, thanks in advance \( '^')/

Yes, you can use those entries separately even if they are of the same franchise. Just make sure not to use a single entry for multiple items. One entry for one item. :)

Mar 12, 2021 8:26 PM
Feb 2020
IrrelevantGuy said:

Yes, you can use those entries separately even if they are of the same franchise. Just make sure not to use a single entry for multiple items. One entry for one item. :)

Oh yeah, thanks very much (^-^)b
Mar 12, 2021 8:37 PM

Jan 2020
slothslotmachine said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

Glad to be of help to you
Mar 13, 2021 12:47 AM

Apr 2019
IrrelevantGuy said:
slothslotmachine said:
Glad to be of help to you
I've played that feature for food and fun. Last year I've managed to use almost all parts (TV, special, OVA) of the Aria franchise and this year most of the Hidamari Sketch franchise. I love the puzzle appeal of having a set of anime I want to watch, and then find their properties matching AWC items :)

Mar 13, 2021 3:36 AM
Jun 2020
Does NHK ni Youkoso work with item #111 (Watch an anime with at least 3 human adults as main characters)?
Mar 14, 2021 12:44 AM
Aug 2018
Item (30) Watch a directly related anime that aired at least 10 years before/after a previously completed anime from the same series

So I watched Aoi bungaku series which aired on oct 11, 2009. Would the movie Human lost (aired on oct 22, 2019) be valid for this?
I'm having a little confusion since the series started 10 years before the movie but it ended on dec 27, 2009.
Mar 14, 2021 2:26 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020

Thanks a lot ^^ I read their synopsis and a couple of them interest me.
Mar 15, 2021 4:26 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
DicePackTheater said:
Does NHK ni Youkoso work with item #111 (Watch an anime with at least 3 human adults as main characters)?
That would be valid.

_R_a_y_ said:
Item (30) Watch a directly related anime that aired at least 10 years before/after a previously completed anime from the same series

So I watched Aoi bungaku series which aired on oct 11, 2009. Would the movie Human lost (aired on oct 22, 2019) be valid for this?
I'm having a little confusion since the series started 10 years before the movie but it ended on dec 27, 2009.
That would be valid. We go by the start dates.

Mar 15, 2021 5:00 AM
Aug 2018
dierubikdie said:
DicePackTheater said:
That would be valid.

_R_a_y_ said:

That would be valid. We go by the start dates.

thank you very much
Mar 15, 2021 1:42 PM

Mar 2020
Can I use an anime that I have a screenshot that I started in April of 2020 for point 100, but have removed it from my list?
Mar 15, 2021 1:52 PM

Mar 2018
hello, i need a little help with "(85) Watch an anime with an honorific in the main title"

i didn't understand what honorific is, so i googled
and now i'm confused, cause what language honorifics did they mean?

i have read these articles: japanese honorifics and english honorifics

can someone help me with this? sorry if anyone has already asked about this
thanks for help in advance!!

Mar 15, 2021 3:01 PM

Sep 2009
FroggieStranger said:
Can I use an anime that I have a screenshot that I started in April of 2020 for point 100, but have removed it from my list?

Yes, just put the original date from 2020 as Start Date in your anime list. :)

maritsch said:
hello, i need a little help with "(85) Watch an anime with an honorific in the main title"

i didn't understand what honorific is, so i googled
and now i'm confused, cause what language honorifics did they mean?

i have read these articles: japanese honorifics and english honorifics

can someone help me with this? sorry if anyone has already asked about this
thanks for help in advance!!

As the item explaination states:
must be the main title used on MAL (alternative titles don't count); honorifics are: chan, kun, san, sama, tan, bou, senpai, kouhai, sensei, hakase, dono; it must be used as an honorific and not as part of a word; for example: 'Sankarea' would be invalid, 'Gugure! Kokkuri-san' and 'Oniisama e...' would be valid

You can find more detailed item explainations in this post.
Mar 17, 2021 4:36 PM
๊ง marr

Sep 2014
AWC_mod said:

Screenshot Assistance:
lifeiscrazy said:
Hi guys!

As we all know, it's super duper important to have your username shown on screenshots @ MAL for Official AWC. But, for myself, with my petite 13 inch laptop, I always struggled to screenshot the stats far below, along with my username up top.

Why MAL doesn't have a sticky header is beyond me, so, while a few days ago I was complaining about that to Aeradae, today I thought; why the heck not try to fix it with a simple CSS script.

So, that's what I did.

It's been tested and works with most of the popular dark themes.

With the recent versions of Safari, Apple dropped the support for the old plug-ins/extensions. Now, extensions have to be downloaded from the App Store. I've found a fantastic replacement for Tampermonkey and the like, which lets you insert custom CSS/Javascript into webpages.

So if you use a newer version of Safari (which comes with macOS Catalina), follow these steps!
1. Install the UserScripts extension.
fyi, it's all open-source!
2. Click the new icon that appeared to the side of the address bar with "</>" to open the editor.
3. On the left side of the page, click on the + to create a new code. Then there's two options:
4a. You can either pick New Remote and past the following URL and hit "Save" in the lower right bottom. (repeat this for the other two URLs)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lnudwyh9ji7lzwk/MAL-Sticky-Menu-main.css
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hfgho9srcd2gmtr/MAL-Sticky-Menu-specific-pages.css
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7tkvq4a67jz6iiy/MAL-Sticky-Menu-picture-gallery-fix.css
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mexwhnhkw4qmjft/MAL-Sticky-Menu-fix-interest-stacks.css (new part of the script per 06/06/2022)

4b. Alternatively, pick New CSS and copy, paste and save the codes directly from the URLs above into three separate codes.

Since there's a version number, and the update URL in the script, it's possible to check for updates. When the original code has a higher version number, it'll update and save it (you can review the code, before hitting save!). Right now, there's no function to auto-update scripts. But don't expect too many updates. Unless things break (and if they do, let me know!).
lifeiscrazyJun 6, 2022 2:48 AM

LIFE IS CRAZY AND SO ARE YOU
โ™ซโ™ซโ™ซ

Mar 17, 2021 6:17 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
@lifeiscrazy

Thanks for this! Added it to this thread's main post.

Mar 18, 2021 7:45 AM

Aug 2020
There's an item which is (36) Watch an anime that began airing between 1960 and 1979.

Although it says watch an anime, I watch the movie of sinbad adventure, is it valid?

Mar 18, 2021 7:49 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
BadminDon said:
There's an item which is (36) Watch an anime that began airing between 1960 and 1979.

Although it says watch an anime, I watch the movie of sinbad adventure, is it valid?

You can watch any type of anime for any item, unless the item specifically states otherwise. So if you're referring to this movie, then yes, that's valid.

Mar 18, 2021 8:42 AM

Aug 2020
dierubikdie said:
BadminDon said:

You can watch any type of anime for any item, unless the item specifically states otherwise. So if you're referring to this movie, then yes, that's valid.
Omg thank you so much, I was worried until death for a moment there, hugh sigh of relief, thanks again the reply really appreciate it1 :)

Mar 18, 2021 4:29 PM

Mar 2012
(52) Watch an anime with a score of 8.00 or above and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more
[Score When Started: | Screenshot: ]

This one request a screenshot when started watching. Technically I started first few episodes of this in January before I entered challenge, but was going to use Demon Slayer for this entry. I'm certain it was above an 8 then too, but would screen shot from today be fine?
Mar 19, 2021 2:35 AM

Sep 2009
ssjjfar said:
(52) Watch an anime with a score of 8.00 or above and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more
[Score When Started: | Screenshot: ]

This one request a screenshot when started watching. Technically I started first few episodes of this in January before I entered challenge, but was going to use Demon Slayer for this entry. I'm certain it was above an 8 then too, but would screen shot from today be fine?

Yes, you can take a screenshot now. And in Score When Started put the score from the screenshot.
Mar 19, 2021 4:08 AM

Mar 2012
Kaylee_ said:
ssjjfar said:

Yes, you can take a screenshot now. And in Score When Started put the score from the screenshot.

Thanks
ssjjfarMar 19, 2021 5:20 AM
Mar 20, 2021 5:28 AM

Apr 2009
Is this screenshot valid for proof?
Mar 20, 2021 5:30 AM

Jul 2014
@RulenneClarissa
Yes, it's valid for score, ranking and popularity (I assume you're using it for the last one).
Mar 20, 2021 5:33 AM

Apr 2009
mozgow said:
@RulenneClarissa
Yes, it's valid for score, ranking and popularity (I assume you're using it for the last one).
Yup, making sure sufficient info is visible since last time I took part the username requirement wasn't yet in place. Thank you for the swift answer <3
Mar 22, 2021 5:18 PM

Oct 2017
Hello there, I need several recommendations for the AWC, please:
(34) Watch an anime that began airing between 1990 and 1999
(35) Watch an anime that began airing between 1980 and 1989
For both, mechas and/or space animes, that last at least 2-cours.
(64) Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with one or more of the following: Ecchi or Josei
I want a Josei, better if it includes romance.
(65) Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with one or more of the following: Parody or Shoujo
A 2000s shoujo, but no mahou shoujo.
(83) Watch an anime with a non-alphanumeric character in the main title
Is Yuru Campโ–ณ Season 2 valid?
(106) Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character
Something that is also slice-of-life.
(119) Watch an anime with either 5 or more Opening Themes (OP) listed or 5 or more Ending Themes (ED) listed
Something that includes at least 4 cours, but it's no shounen.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Mar 22, 2021 5:40 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
tlato_but said:
(83) Watch an anime with a non-alphanumeric character in the main title
Is Yuru Campโ–ณ Season 2 valid?
That's valid.โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹

Mar 22, 2021 6:18 PM

Aug 2012
tlato_but said:

(65) Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with one or more of the following: Parody or Shoujo

- Gakuen Alice
- Hotarubi no Mori e
- Skip Beat! (I also highly recommend the manga. It goes even further and it's really entertaining)

- Kodomo no Omocha
Mar 22, 2021 11:57 PM

Dec 2016
tlato_but said:
Hello there, I need several recommendations for the AWC, please:

I recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion

(35) Watch an anime that began airing between 1980 and 1989

Ninja Senshi Tobikage

(64) Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that's tagged with one or more of the following: Ecchi or Josei

Nodame Cantabile

Natsume Yuujinchou

Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World

(119) Watch an anime with either 5 or more Opening Themes (OP) listed or 5 or more Ending Themes (ED) listed

Diamond no Ace

Hope this helps, and happy watching!

Ha-Sami_JMar 23, 2021 2:51 AM
Mar 24, 2021 2:25 AM
Jul 2020
So can we post a single anime in multiple category ?
Mar 24, 2021 3:04 AM

Jul 2014
Demon_slayer_420 said:
No, one anime can be used only for one item.
Mar 24, 2021 3:10 AM
Jul 2020
mozgow said:
Demon_slayer_420 said:
No, one anime can be used only for one item.
Rip so now I have to change my list * insert crying emoji face *
Mar 25, 2021 9:59 AM

Apr 2009
You already have good recs for several of these (Kino was very nice), and you've already seen some stuff I was thinking for a couple of entries so I'll go with just one:
tlato_but said:
For both, mechas and/or space animes, that last at least 2-cours.

Martian Successor Nadesico
It's a war drama that uses the same mecha tropes as Eva (in fact it came out the same year as Eva) as a source for parody. If you're familiar with the tropes of the time I think this one will have a lot to offer :)
Mar 27, 2021 4:18 AM

Apr 2009
For challenge "(94) Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2020 onward"
Are anime linked in pre-season hype articles like this one, or wrap/up season overview stuff like here, also valid?
Mar 27, 2021 7:10 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
RulenneClarissa said:
For challenge "(94) Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2020 onward"
Are anime linked in pre-season hype articles like this one, or wrap/up season overview stuff like here, also valid?
Yes, any article from 2020 or 2021 is valid, including the ones you linked.

Mar 27, 2021 7:43 AM

Aug 2008
For "(88) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you in the AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From Staff] thread by an AWC Staff Member (listed on the @ AWC_mod profile)"

I forgot to specifically mention that item in my post in the AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From AWC Staff] thread as stated in the Bingo Challenge List with Explanations. Does this mean I have to make another post asking for recs and mention it? I'd rather not clog the thread up if possible. Thanks.
Mar 27, 2021 9:50 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Mori-Rauko-Tura said:
For "(88) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you in the AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From Staff] thread by an AWC Staff Member (listed on the @ AWC_mod profile)"

I forgot to specifically mention that item in my post in the AWC 2021 Anime Recommendations [From AWC Staff] thread as stated in the Bingo Challenge List with Explanations. Does this mean I have to make another post asking for recs and mention it? I'd rather not clog the thread up if possible. Thanks.
That thread is specifically meant for item 88, so the fact that you posted there is good enough.

Mar 27, 2021 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
I assumed so but just wanted to be sure. Thanks for the clarification.
Mar 28, 2021 12:27 AM

Jan 2019
does Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season count? he does have a humanoid form but his actual form is a slime, however he does spend most of his screentime in human form so I could see why it wouldn't be accepted
Mar 28, 2021 6:17 AM

Jul 2014
revxdd said:
does Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season count? he does have a humanoid form but his actual form is a slime, however he does spend most of his screentime in human form so I could see why it wouldn't be accepted
It's not valid. Quote from Bingo Challenge List with Explanations
— state the character; can use this list for ideas; can't have any physical resemblance to humans (like human hands); e.g. Monokuma, Ekubo, Bananya and Sousuke-ojisan are valid; Legoshi and Juuzou Inui would be invalid; excludes humans/animals/etc that transform into something else (like Arima, Ahiru)
Mar 28, 2021 7:58 AM
็œŸ้ข็›ฎใซๅ‹‰ๅผทใ—ใฆใ‚‹

Jul 2014
I am sorry for bringing this question up which was probably asked 100 times before...

(93) Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 by an active participant that posted on the first or second page
— state their username and initial post number; link to their post; the user must have finished watching the anime before you started watching it; the anime cannot still be airing when you start it; save a screenshot in case the user withdraws/deletes their post

I understand this as: The participant doesn't have to use the anime for the challenge. Just any anime from his completed list. Is that correct?

Also I guess two Screenshots are required: 1 if the participant deletes his post, 2 if he changes his score of the anime I have chosen to something below 9 after I started it?
Forum signature
Mar 28, 2021 8:06 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Brati said:
(93) Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 by an active participant that posted on the first or second page
— state their username and initial post number; link to their post; the user must have finished watching the anime before you started watching it; the anime cannot still be airing when you start it; save a screenshot in case the user withdraws/deletes their post

I understand this as: The participant doesn't have to use the anime for the challenge. Just any anime from his completed list. Is that correct?
That's correct.

Also I guess two Screenshots are required: 1 if the participant deletes his post, 2 if he changes his score of the anime I have chosen to something below 9 after I started it?
It's highly recommended to have the screenshots, but you'll only need to put them in your form if one of those two things happens. It's rare, so you probably won't need to, but better safe than sorry.

Mar 28, 2021 8:06 AM

Jul 2014
@Brati
The answer is yes for both questions.

Edit: Ninja'd by rubik xD
Mar 30, 2021 11:53 PM

Apr 2009
Would Pui Pui Molcar be invalid for the "non humanoid" challenge due to not having any main characters listed?
Can I use it if I can show MCs on other databases like anilist?
https://myanimelist.net/anime/44235/Pui_Pui_Molcar
https://anilist.co/anime/127690/PUI-PUI-MOLCAR/characters

Edited to also ask:
For the forum set challenge:
- Are AWC signature banners also valid for anime to use? For example, could another user go for Haikyuu based on my post in the submission thread?
- Is the validity still there in case the "anime in forum set" is left with an N/A?
- Should I watch out for picking someone who has already finished the challenge?

I'm asking this because I changed my mind on the anime I was going to watch for this, and scouring the thread again there's a lot of NAs + AWC banners (myself included).
RulenneClarissaMar 31, 2021 1:51 AM
Mar 31, 2021 4:54 AM

Sep 2009
RulenneClarissa said:
Would Pui Pui Molcar be invalid for the "non humanoid" challenge due to not having any main characters listed?

Edited to also ask:
- Are AWC signature banners also valid for anime to use? For example, could another user go for Haikyuu based on my post in the submission thread?
- Is the validity still there in case the "anime in forum set" is left with an N/A?
- Should I watch out for picking someone who has already finished the challenge?

I'm asking this because I changed my mind on the anime I was going to watch for this, and scouring the thread again there's a lot of NAs + AWC banners (myself included).

PuiPui Molcar: we're going by MAL here, so until the main characters are added, this will be invalid.

Forum sets: yes, the banners count as well, so another user could use your post to watch Haikyuu or Kamisama Hajimemashita. Please put those two anime instad of N/A.
If someone mistakenly puts N/A but their forum set is from an anime, you could use their post (if you're 100% sure you know which anime it is).
You don't have to look for people who finished the challenge, just save a screenshot of the post you're using - you will have proof even if the person changes their set or deletes their post.
Mar 31, 2021 5:58 AM

Apr 2009
Kaylee_ said:
RulenneClarissa said:

Edited to also ask:

PuiPui Molcar: we're going by MAL here, so until the main characters are added, this will be invalid.

Forum sets: yes, the banners count as well, so another user could use your post to watch Haikyuu or Kamisama Hajimemashita. Please put those two anime instad of N/A.
If someone mistakenly puts N/A but their forum set is from an anime, you could use their post (if you're 100% sure you know which anime it is).
You don't have to look for people who finished the challenge, just save a screenshot of the post you're using - you will have proof even if the person changes their set or deletes their post.
Thank you for the clarifications :D
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

622 by hoshi4 »»
Today, 3:00 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

627 by Ranacchi »»
Yesterday, 4:15 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

125 by Joyboy_WoL »»
Sep 23, 8:18 PM

Sticky: » ๐ŸŒท๐Ÿธ Mini Challenge #2 - Spring Bingo 2024 ๐Ÿธ๐ŸŒท

Aeradae - Apr 28

22 by kjplethodon »»
Jul 1, 4:34 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.