Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2020 10:38 PM

Jan 2017
Challenge Period: January 01, 2021 to November 30, 2021 (PST)
Please abide by the forum rules/guidelines
(found here)

Use this thread to:
  • Ask questions related to the challenge.
  • Ask for anime recommendations related to challenge items (except for #87/88)
  • Give challenge feedback and notify of any errors.
  • Post badge donations for the challenge.
  • Alternatively, join the discussion on Discord and help others, ask questions and/or give suggestions related to the challenge.

Avoid in this thread:
  • Asking for Item #87/88 challenge recommendations - please use either the Participant Recs or AWC Staff Recs thread.
  • Posting comments unrelated to the challenge.
  • Heated discussions deviating away from challenge topics.
  • Spoilers of any kind (use spoilers tags).
  • Double posting - edit your last reply instead.

Donating Badges:
  • Tag @AWC_mod in the post.
  • If possible, share the links within code tags (for easier copying) since each post will be linked in the banners post.
    [code]image(s) here[/code]

• Also keep in mind the signature restrictions.
    SignatureRestrictions said:
    Images placed in forum signatures must not:

a. exceed a total area of 600px width by 150px height.
    b. exceed a total file size of 300 kB.
    c. be NSFM.

Screenshot Assistance:
lifeiscrazy said:
Hi guys!

As we all know, it's super duper important to have your username shown on screenshots @ MAL for Official AWC. But, for myself, with my petite 13 inch laptop, I always struggled to screenshot the stats far below, along with my username up top.

Why MAL doesn't have a sticky header is beyond me, so, while a few days ago I was complaining about that to Aeradae, today I thought; why the heck not try to fix it with a simple CSS script.

So, that's what I did.

It's been tested and works with most of the popular dark themes.
Screenshot Assistance for Safari users:
lifeiscrazy said:
With the recent versions of Safari, Apple dropped the support for the old plug-ins/extensions. Now, extensions have to be downloaded from the App Store. I've found a fantastic replacement for Tampermonkey and the like, which lets you insert custom CSS/Javascript into webpages.

So if you use a newer version of Safari (which comes with macOS Catalina), follow these steps!
1. Install the UserScripts extension.
fyi, it's all open-source!
2. Click the new icon that appeared to the side of the address bar with "</>" to open the editor.
3. On the left side of the page, click on the + to create a new code. Then there's two options:
4a. You can either pick New Remote and past the following URL and hit "Save" in the lower right bottom. (repeat this for the other two URLs)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/lnudwyh9ji7lzwk/MAL-Sticky-Menu-main.css
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hfgho9srcd2gmtr/MAL-Sticky-Menu-specific-pages.css
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7tkvq4a67jz6iiy/MAL-Sticky-Menu-picture-gallery-fix.css

4b. Alternatively, pick New CSS and copy, paste and save the codes directly from the URLs above into three separate codes.

Since there's a version number, and the update URL in the script, it's possible to check for updates. When the original code has a higher version number, it'll update and save it (you can review the code, before hitting save!). Right now, there's no function to auto-update scripts. But don't expect too many updates. Unless things break (and if they do, let me know!).
Challenge Spreadsheets:
Several participants have created AWC Challenge spreadsheets that create the BBCode for you:

Alexia383 said:
Hey

I have made an automated spreadsheet, that you plan in and fill out, and get neat BB code out with a simple copy-paste.
The sheet handles the Bingo boards automatically, you only need to set the ID/number of the board you want, and it grays out all items, not on the selected board. There is also a board visualization on the side that updates as you fill in items.
If there is any issues DM me (@Alexia383) here on MAL and I'll update it ASAP.
Hope you enjoy ^^

(NOTE: You can not edit the master sheet, go top left, File/Make a copy, to make a local version you can edit!)
MAL Watching Challenge 2021 Spreadsheet

Patches:
Version 1.3: Fixed not all rows having auto title. (Quick fix, select any auto title cell above item 26, and copy it all the way down to fill the missing formulas)
Version 1.2: Fixed Rubik's Rubric slot I6. was previously 112, it should have been 122
Version 1.1: Fixed issue where items 69-70 that had the Theme: Mahou Shoujo also listed the Genre: Shoujo, this is incorrect.
Cards with this issue: 1 Aera #69, 5 Étude #69, 6 Rubik #70, 7 Moz #69, and 8 Ran #69
And fixed spelling issue of plan-to-watchh, and card 5 Étude's Aviary center item was 112, which should have been 122.

Dysp said:
Hello @AWC_mod,

I finished updating my spreadsheet and made a new blog post there.
Frequently Asked Questions:

Changes

AWC_modDec 28, 2021 4:52 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
There is a small mistake in the order of the items in card #7, right now 46 is before 45, the mistake is also in the BBcode.
Jan 7, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2020
I didn't understand at all about the card thingy.Can someone expain?

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 7, 2021 10:45 AM

Jul 2014
Scordolo said:
There's a Rubik's Quick-Start Guide that might help you.
Jan 7, 2021 10:51 AM

Jul 2020
mozgow said:
Scordolo said:
There's a Rubik's Quick-Start Guide that might help you.

Thank you so much.It really helped me.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 7, 2021 11:22 AM

Jan 2013
Hey @AWC_mod I've made some banners
fuyukiJan 7, 2021 11:27 AM
Jan 7, 2021 11:30 AM

Jan 2017
Frandro said:
There is a small mistake in the order of the items in card #7, right now 46 is before 45, the mistake is also in the BBcode.

Thanks for letting us know! Should be fixed now ^^

@fuyuki Thank you for the banners!
AWC_modJan 7, 2021 12:17 PM
Jan 7, 2021 12:33 PM

Feb 2018
@AWC_mod heya, made some banners for this year!

Jan 7, 2021 1:34 PM

Jan 2017
@arderine Thank you for the banners!
Jan 7, 2021 3:16 PM

Dec 2019
"Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 by an active participant that posted on the first or second page"

What page? Of their list? This is unclear.
Jan 7, 2021 3:38 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
jankenpyon said:
"Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 by an active participant that posted on the first or second page"

What page? Of their list? This is unclear.

The first or second page of the challenge thread

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Jan 7, 2021 4:12 PM

Mar 2020
"Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"

Is the main character in March comes in like a lion get count for this item?
Jan 7, 2021 4:13 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
AGM007 said:
"Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field"

Is the main character in March comes in like a lion get count for this item?

Rei Kiriyama is valid for this item 👍

Jan 7, 2021 4:47 PM

Dec 2013
and there we go... initiating this challenge for the first time.

Jan 7, 2021 5:36 PM

May 2015
Good day,

I require assistance comprehending just how this 'Bingo' system works. I am no stranger to these challenges-- and have participated in two of the 'Anime Watching Challenges' in the past, thus, I understand the basics, however, I want to make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that I grasp the concept of this format.

On the sign-up page, there are 11 Bingo cards to choose from, am I entitled to pick any of these cards I want from the get-go? Or do I start from card 1 and work my way through?

If I am understanding it correctly, I can select any of the 11 cards I want, right? I just need to finish any 5 of them in order to attain the 'Bingo Legend' title.

I apologise if I am asking questions that have an obvious answer. I am just very keen to not make any mistakes that might negatively effect myself or the challenge-inspectors.

One final thing, when you complete a bingo card, do you merely get the BBcode for a new card and post it in the EXACT same post; right under the complete card?

Thanks again.
Jan 7, 2021 6:12 PM

Apr 2011
Olde-Jo said:
Good day,

I require assistance comprehending just how this 'Bingo' system works. I am no stranger to these challenges-- and have participated in two of the 'Anime Watching Challenges' in the past, thus, I understand the basics, however, I want to make ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that I grasp the concept of this format.

On the sign-up page, there are 11 Bingo cards to choose from, am I entitled to pick any of these cards I want from the get-go? Or do I start from card 1 and work my way through?

If I am understanding it correctly, I can select any of the 11 cards I want, right? I just need to finish any 5 of them in order to attain the 'Bingo Legend' title.

I apologise if I am asking questions that have an obvious answer. I am just very keen to not make any mistakes that might negatively effect myself or the challenge-inspectors.

One final thing, when you complete a bingo card, do you merely get the BBcode for a new card and post it in the EXACT same post; right under the complete card?

Thanks again.

I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong) that you pick ONE of the 11 cards. How many of those 64 items on each card that you complete determines what level you're doing the challenge at. So, Bingo Legend is completing all 64 items on one card.

Example: If you're just doing Bingo Rookie, you just need to do 8 items that fall in a line.

And yes, I think if you really want to do more than one card, you just copy the BBcode and paste it under the other card so both your cards stay in the same post.
Jan 7, 2021 6:22 PM

May 2015
Apologies. I am so rather confused by this challenge. I initially thought we had to complete 5 different cards, all with different amounts of columns required for a rank.

For instance, I thought that the first card you selected, you only needed to complete 2 columns of that card in order to be deemed as a rookie.
And for the second card, I thought you needed to complete 4 columns to be regarded as an Enthusiast before moving onto card 3, and so on until you reach card 5 which requires an entire card with its columns complete.

I seriously need this correcting; if anybody can help.

@MeMaHa19:
Thank you for your comment, buddy, however, it seems we both need to find out how this challenge actually works-- as we're both definitely confused,
Jan 7, 2021 6:24 PM

Apr 2019
(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed

There's no comment and the wording not 100% clear to me. My interpretation of "has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED)" is:

(OP=0 AND ED>=0) OR (OP>=1 AND ED=0) OR (OP=0 AND ED=0)

In that case, a simpler and clearer rewording suggestion would be
(117') Watch an anime without either Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed, or with both missing. The anime must have finished airing before you started it.
In case the 3rd term is not allowed, just replace "or missing both" with "but not missing both.".
inimJan 7, 2021 6:29 PM

Jan 7, 2021 6:32 PM
Dec 2020
(100) Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

Pretty stupid item to be honest not only does it exclude anyone registered after that date but it excludes people registered before that complete every anime they start watching.
Jan 7, 2021 6:33 PM

May 2015
@inim

I recall that challenge being present in the 2019 Anime Watching Challenge, and I asked the same question, in which, I was told you need to watch an Anime with only one of the two missing, rather than them both being missing. For instance: an Anime without a closing listed, but, has an opening listed can be watched and will be regarded as eligible.
Jan 7, 2021 6:44 PM

Apr 2019
Olde-Jo said:
@inim

I recall that challenge being present in the 2019 Anime Watching Challenge, and I asked the same question, in which, I was told you need to watch an Anime with only one of the two missing, rather than them both being missing. For instance: an Anime without a closing listed, but, has an opening listed can be watched and will be regarded as eligible.
Thanks, having a precedent is good.

In that case, two words would improve the original formulation "and has either no Opening Theme (OP) or no Ending Theme (ED) listed".

Jan 7, 2021 6:46 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
inim said:
(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed

There's no comment and the wording not 100% clear to me.

The item requires that the anime have neither OP nor ED.

Similarly to how "no eating or drinking" is understood to mean "neither eating nor drinking"

~(A ∨ B)

Jan 7, 2021 6:47 PM

May 2015
@inim

I couldn't agree more about clarification, pal. I'm struggling with understanding some things about this challenge myself.
Jan 7, 2021 6:50 PM

May 2015
@dierubikdie

Not quite the same, thus, I disagree with you. It's more like saying "No eating or no drinking" rather than "No eating or drinking." Those two things are clearly individually stated.
Jan 7, 2021 7:03 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
@inim
@Olde-Jo

Alright, we don't need to engage in some kind of 300 IQ logic death-battle here lol

We're adding a note to the item list. Thanks for the heads up.

Jan 7, 2021 7:05 PM

May 2015
@dierubikdie

Apologies if I came across as snotty or aggressive. I did not mean to. I appreciate you adding a note to the item.
Jan 7, 2021 7:09 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
No worries; we do our best to prepare everything perfectly, but sometimes there are things here and there that need tweaking/clarifying on release day. Thanks to both of you for letting us know about this.

Jan 7, 2021 7:45 PM

May 2015
A quick question about the card. It seems clear to me now that you only pick 1 card out of the 11 presented, so, I picked card 9. I am looking to complete the entire card, however, there are numbers on the card that aren't in the items menu.

For instance, when I click the "show items" button on the card, it counts up to 64 and that's it, however, there are numbers higher than the number of 64 on the card, such as: 100, 115 etc. How do I complete the entire card if I can not see which items relate to those numbers above 64? I don't know what item is required for a number like... say... 115, thus, I don't know how to fully complete the card. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Jan 7, 2021 7:48 PM

May 2015
Ahh, never mind. I am a fool. I just realized that each item has a different number next to it. My bad.
Jan 7, 2021 7:48 PM

Mar 2014
I need help with (102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)

I've no idea how to find something like that
Jan 7, 2021 7:50 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Shuichi2 said:
I need help with (102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)

Check the Episodes tab on the anime page. It'll give you individual release dates for each episode.

Well, most pages do. Some anime don't have episodes listed, so you won't be able to use those.

Jan 7, 2021 7:53 PM

Mar 2014
dierubikdie said:
Shuichi2 said:

Check the Episodes tab on the anime page. It'll give you individual release dates for each episode.

Well, most pages do. Some anime don't have episodes listed, so you won't be able to use those.

I just realised there was info in the general list, I've just been looking at the list for the card I'd signed up with T^T
Jan 7, 2021 8:03 PM

May 2015
I'm doing the Neat Freak restriction, along with the Endurance restriction, so, I am hoping somebody in here can help me get kick started on this Anime watching spree by helping me with a recommendation for the opening item:
(03) Watch a Special that has a total duration of 20 minutes or more.

Thank you.

Also: Why is this thread not showing up on the forum posts section of my profile? For instance, when I click 'Forum posts' on my profile, this thread is entirely invisible, almost as though I have never commented on it.
Jan 7, 2021 9:16 PM

Apr 2019
(30) Watch a directly related anime that aired at least 10 years before/after a previously completed anime from the same series
I'm not sure what is considered directly related.

Plan A:
I want to watch Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden (1998) and consider it a directly related anime to Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou (2018). The two have no direct relation linked on their respective pages. They are, however, linked as the latter is an "Alternative version" or LotGH (1988) which is the "Parent story" of Gaiden. Direct enough?

Plan A': Gaiden (1998) and LotGH (1988), connected as "Side/Parent story". Works?

On a content level the argument would work that Gaiden is of course a side-story (imho even a prequel, but that's another debate) to both the 1988 and the 2018 versions of what is the same story based on the same novel. Is that then the same series? What defines "same series", studios change often, see Genshiken.

Plan B:
Saiyuuki (1960) and Boku no Son Gokuu (2003) are connected as "Alternative version"s of each other. Does that count?

(94) Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2020 onward

Does that include or exclude 2020? Like in the (117) question it probably would be helpful to include that in the explanation. Many people on MAL have very basic English skills and the subtleties of the definition of "onward(s)" should not be required to take the challenge. "featured in an article published in the year 2020 or later" does the same job, doesn't it?
inimJan 7, 2021 10:23 PM

Jan 7, 2021 10:38 PM

May 2017
Olde-Jo said:
I'm doing the Neat Freak restriction, along with the Endurance restriction, so, I am hoping somebody in here can help me get kick started on this Anime watching spree by helping me with a recommendation for the opening item:
(03) Watch a Special that has a total duration of 20 minutes or more.

Thank you.

Also: Why is this thread not showing up on the forum posts section of my profile? For instance, when I click 'Forum posts' on my profile, this thread is entirely invisible, almost as though I have never commented on it.

- A whole bunch of the Lupin III series is specials
- Also check out the Pokemon series they have some too
- https://myanimelist.net/anime/2617/Ghiblies
- https://myanimelist.net/anime/6616/Watashi_no_Coffee_Samurai__Jihanki-teki_na_Kareshi
- https://myanimelist.net/anime/12485/Gregory_Horror_Show__The_Bloody_Karte [I mean it's not good, but it's quick]

The thread doesn't show up on the forum posts because this post is in our AWC Club and not actually in the anime forums. The actual challenge post, however, still is in the anime forums.

inim said:
(30) Watch a directly related anime that aired at least 10 years before/after a previously completed anime from the same series

Plan A:
I want to watch Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden (1998) and consider it a directly related anime to Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou (2018). The two have no direct relation linked on their respective pages. They are, however, linked as the latter is an "Alternative version" or LotGH (1988) which is the "Parent story" of Gaiden. Direct enough?

Plan A': Gaiden (1998) and LotGH (1988), connected as "Side/Parent story". Works?

On a content level the argument would work that Gaiden is of course a side-story (imho even a prequel, but that's another debate) to both the 1988 and the 2018 versions of what is the same story based on the same novel. Is that then the same series? What defines "same series", studios change often, see Genshiken.

Plan B:
Saiyuuki (1960) and Boku no Son Gokuu (2003) are connected as "Alternative version"s of each other. Does that count?

(94) Watch an anime Featured in an article from 2020 onward

Does that include or exclude 2020? Like in the (117) question it probably would be helpful to include that in the explanation. Many people on MAL have very basic English skills and the subtleties of the definition of "onward(s)" should not be required to take the challenge. "featured in an article published in the year 2020 or later" does the same job, doesn't it?

If you look at the screenshot posted under the item, there is a screenshot that shows what we mean.

For Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden, if you list Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu as the previously watched anime, it would be valid. If I look at the pages for both Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu Gaiden and Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou, I see no relation, so that would not be a valid method.

For Saiyuuki and Boku no Son Gokuu, they are listed as Alternative versions of each other and would be considered valid.

For the Featured in an article from 2020 onward, that includes articles that were created in 2020. We can add a note to the item to make it very clear.
Jan 7, 2021 10:46 PM

Apr 2019
Aeradae said:
inim said:

If you look at the screenshot posted under the item, there is a screenshot that shows what we mean.
Thanks you for the clarifications. The part that confused me in the screenshot is that the relation "Prequel/Sequel" is used. That is the most simple one, and evidently it is "direct". My confusion was more about how "indirect" it can get beyond simple prequel-sequel. Adding something like "all relations expressed as relation links on the page can be used" or such would help to make understanding easier.

Jan 7, 2021 11:42 PM

Nov 2015
Congrats to the AWC staff for getting this up 🎉

I'd like to ask, are we allowed to put anime on our challenges if they are still currently airing ? I got an invalid item last year for the finished airing date being after my start date, but I couldn't find anything about this in the OP.
Jan 8, 2021 12:45 AM

Dec 2012
Hey, maybe I just missed something... but can I take (for example) a few Bingo cards at once? Let's say that I'm watching Noragami right now, but I would like to plan somewhere a season 2. Sadly, there's no correct place on my Bingo 1. It's possible to finish season 1 on Bingo 1 and then jump to Bingo 3 to finish season 2? To put it simply: it's okay to jump between all my Bingo cards? Finish something here, there, back to the first one...
EmronnnJan 8, 2021 1:05 AM
Jan 8, 2021 1:39 AM

Jun 2017
I'm using the TV restriction but for (63) Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that is rated Rx — Hentai, it looks like there's no TV type for that rating.

That's a middle square so do I need to switch that one out for another item that can use a TV type or is it fine to watch an OVA for that item?
Jan 8, 2021 1:49 AM
Dec 2012
I'm freaking out. I accidentally clicked Delete instead of Preview when editing my post. What can I do now? I was so excited about participating and I don't want to be disqualified.
Jan 8, 2021 2:14 AM

Sep 2009
Togs said:

I'd like to ask, are we allowed to put anime on our challenges if they are still currently airing ? I got an invalid item last year for the finished airing date being after my start date, but I couldn't find anything about this in the OP.

Yes, you can use currently airing anime except for items that state otherwise (those with "that finished airing before you started it" written).
Just remember that the anime has to finish airing by the time you turn in. You are also allowed to use 2 anime that finish airing in December - see 11. in FAQ in this post for more info on this exception.

Emronnn said:
Hey, maybe I just missed something... but can I take (for example) a few Bingo cards at once? Let's say that I'm watching Noragami right now, but I would like to plan somewhere a season 2. Sadly, there's no correct place on my Bingo 1. It's possible to finish season 1 on Bingo 1 and then jump to Bingo 3 to finish season 2? To put it simply: it's okay to jump between all my Bingo cards? Finish something here, there, back to the first one...

No, you are not allowed to do this. You need to decide on one Bingo card.

dowoma said:
I'm freaking out. I accidentally clicked Delete instead of Preview when editing my post. What can I do now? I was so excited about participating and I don't want to be disqualified.

Make another post, just be more cautious in the future. ;)
Jan 8, 2021 2:22 AM
Dec 2012
Kaylee_ said:
Togs said:

Yes, you can use currently airing anime except for items that state otherwise (those with "that finished airing before you started it" written).
Just remember that the anime has to finish airing by the time you turn in. You are also allowed to use 2 anime that finish airing in December - see 11. in FAQ in this post for more info on this exception.

Emronnn said:

No, you are not allowed to do this. You need to decide on one Bingo card.

dowoma said:

Make another post, just be more cautious in the future. ;)
Ahh thank you so much! ;-; I will be very careful!
Jan 8, 2021 3:00 AM

Dec 2012
Thanks Kaylee_, makes sense.

Now it's clear, maybe even worth to mention it in general post.
Jan 8, 2021 3:39 AM
Oct 2020
I seem to have a strange problem. Whenever I ry to add an anime to the list I have to edit my list. However, when I try to put a link to anything to my post, it always freezes no matter whar I do.
Is there anything I can do about that?
Jan 8, 2021 5:29 AM

Dec 2012
Kris_1 said:
I seem to have a strange problem. Whenever I ry to add an anime to the list I have to edit my list. However, when I try to put a link to anything to my post, it always freezes no matter whar I do.
Is there anything I can do about that?

On which moment exactly? As far as I understand, pay attention to your memory usage. Normally it should be easy to edit your entry, but if you are getting stuck with that, try:
- Try to log in with any other browser, for example by using Microsoft Edge,
- Remove some of your saved tabs and if it's okay, clean your browser cache,
- Reinstall your browser,

Please keep in mind that Chrome is a kind of little monster who eats a tons of your RAM.

I don't think that it's a correct topic to discuss it, but I now that it's a shame to have any problems with AWC, especially technical. Hope that you can enjoy it with us.
Jan 8, 2021 5:47 AM
Oct 2020
Thank you, turns out removing other tabs and cleaning my browser actually helped.
I know this wasnt the right place to ask, I just didnt know else I could write for help. I appreciate your help, especially since this is the first time Im participating in any anime related challenge.
Jan 8, 2021 7:14 AM

Jun 2017
(16) Watch an anime without a Licensor listed What if a licensor gets listed after i turn-in my challenge

(58) Watch an anime with 50 or less favorites on MAL and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more that finished airing before you started it Should i get a screenshot for this?

(92) Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set. What happens if the user changes his forum set image?

(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed- Should the anime have 0 openings and 0 endings... or an anime with 0 openings but 2 endings work for this?

(113) Watch an anime in which one of the characters has at least 500 more favorites than the anime. Should i get a screenshot for this?

(121) Watch an anime that has a higher score than a listed adaptation (under Related Anime). Should i get a screenshot for this?

Does the challenge have any minimum total duratioin requirement for entries where time is not mentioned?
Jan 8, 2021 7:30 AM

Sep 2009
MadClaw1138 said:
I'm using the TV restriction but for (63) Watch an anime with a total duration of 16 minutes or more that is rated Rx — Hentai, it looks like there's no TV type for that rating.

That's a middle square so do I need to switch that one out for another item that can use a TV type or is it fine to watch an OVA for that item?

You can watch an OVA for this item, it is an exception for the TV restrction.

pranaynighukar said:
(16) Watch an anime without a Licensor listed What if a licensor gets listed after i turn-in my challenge

(58) Watch an anime with 50 or less favorites on MAL and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more that finished airing before you started it Should i get a screenshot for this?

(92) Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set. What happens if the user changes his forum set image?

(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed- Should the anime have 0 openings and 0 endings... or an anime with 0 openings but 2 endings work for this?

(113) Watch an anime in which one of the characters has at least 500 more favorites than the anime. Should i get a screenshot for this?

(121) Watch an anime that has a higher score than a listed adaptation (under Related Anime). Should i get a screenshot for this?

Does the challenge have any minimum total duratioin requirement for entries where time is not mentioned?

For 16, 58, 92, 113 and 121 - take screenshots. If you're worried something might change over time, you can always take a screenshot - you won't be penalized for extra screenshots. If something changes, like user's forum set, and you don't have any proof of how it was before, it will be invalid.

For 117, the anime should have 0 openings and 0 endings.

The challenge does not have a minimum duration requirement - if the minimum duration requirement is not mentioned in the item, the anime you watch can be any length.
Jan 8, 2021 10:26 AM

Jul 2016
(52) Watch an anime with a score of 8.00 or above and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

can the anime still be airing when I start it for this item?

(100) Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

and for this one do I need to necessarily have it on-hold? because I have some animes in watching that are 'on-hold' for a long time now.
hirodakeJan 8, 2021 10:31 AM

x5

Good times become good memories, but bad times become good lessons.
Uncle Iroh
Jan 8, 2021 10:39 AM

Sep 2009
hakuryuu- said:
(52) Watch an anime with a score of 8.00 or above and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more

can the anime still be airing when I start it for this item?

and for this one do I need to necessarily have it on-hold? because I have some animes in watching that are 'on-hold' for a long time now.

52 - Yes.
100 - No, it can be on your watching list too.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

465 by Bern_stein »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

471 by Bern_stein »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

103 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 17, 1:42 PM

Sticky: » 🎄🎅 Mini Challenge - Winter Bingo 2023 🎅🎄 ( 1 2 )

Aeradae - Dec 1, 2023

83 by kjplethodon »»
Apr 16, 4:00 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

10 by AWC_mod »»
Jan 17, 8:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.