Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Oct 7, 2019 5:02 PM

Sep 2016
Ryuseishun said:
I cringe at the "fuck this teenage drama shit" or "Kokoro is a whore/thot" comments. Seriously, it's really just the perks of growing up for these kids....especially since they were never really informed of the norms of the society in the past.

Pretty much.

I've learned to not listen to people cries about anime because they always reveal themselves wrong after I watch the episodes...:D
bruh
Jan 13, 2020 9:53 PM

Apr 2015
I absolutely love this episode as someone who loves to ask questions. I really resonated with Squad 13 and Kokoro.
I love how Trigger studios was able to do what they did with Kill la Kill but in a different setting. I love not being able to guess what the next decisions are going to be. I liked to be surprised when it takes a new path.
Apr 23, 2020 12:05 PM

Apr 2013
I was ready the whole time for 02 to kick some Nines-ass, unfortunately it didn't happen.
May 5, 2020 4:26 AM

Feb 2018
Alright, you are is so cute... 02
May 13, 2020 11:30 AM

Jan 2013
Information OVERLOAD.
I want to talk about all the stuff we learned but it's just too much.
Cloning, puberty, fake humans, Klaxosaur princess .. and so much more.
Jun 7, 2020 3:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
So we now at least know that the Klaxosaur have a ruler, and she looks a lot like kid Zero Two.
Jul 12, 2020 9:39 AM

Aug 2008
So human reproduction and sexual relations are banned for... reasons I guess. Still hormones will do what they will, even without being taught they can figure it out as Kokoro just seems to have done. Still find it strange that Zero Two wouldn't have been doing that already with Hiro but I guess... reasons again.

The klaxosaur princess might lead somewhere interesting but this whole society world this show takes place in is so silly given what is known so far that it better lead somewhere truly interesting. Don't have high hopes in that regard though.

How convenient that Kokoro would drop that book though thereby leading to what will probably be a "bad end". Shall see.
Jul 28, 2020 3:30 AM

Jun 2020
another amazing episode. so sad & just WOW so much happened

as cute as hiro’s new horns were they seem really ominous. but the hiro & zero two scene was sooooo cute - NEED MORE

people hating on kokoro & falling to see how her maturity (mentally & physically) is actually foreshadowing & symbolic of something so much more. that was great development & I’m so glad mitsuru is the one that is accompanying her & with her. futoshi wouldn’t have been able to relate, or to understand her. mitsuru has come a long way & has matured a whole ton too, unpopular opinion but they were meant to be

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 28, 2020 3:14 PM
Jan 2019
Kadmos1 said:
Kokoro and Mitsuru just had sex? Hiro and Zero Two should have been done this first (in the way they showed Kokoro/Mitsuru doing it).
wasn’t it stated that they did have sex by Zorome he’s said to Kokoro and Mitsuru are you trying to connect like Zero Two and Hiro
Aug 28, 2020 3:20 PM
Jan 2019
gswelcome said:
So human reproduction and sexual relations are banned for... reasons I guess. Still hormones will do what they will, even without being taught they can figure it out as Kokoro just seems to have done. Still find it strange that Zero Two wouldn't have been doing that already with Hiro but I guess... reasons again.

The klaxosaur princess might lead somewhere interesting but this whole society world this show takes place in is so silly given what is known so far that it better lead somewhere truly interesting. Don't have high hopes in that regard though.

How convenient that Kokoro would drop that book though thereby leading to what will probably be a "bad end". Shall see.
Zorome stated to Kokoro and Mitsuru that @are you trying to stick your bodies together? Are you trying to imitate Zero Two and Hiro” meaning he saw them have sex
Oct 10, 2020 10:26 PM

Aug 2018
Damn so Mitsuru fucked Kokoro?!?!?! I feel so bad for Futoshi, he really deserves Kokoro...

sad to hear that Zero 2 and Hiro cant have a child together, how unfortunate :(

Jan 30, 2021 11:03 PM

Jul 2013
I was baffled seeing Hiro getting horns like 02😂 nice episode
Feb 18, 2021 4:18 AM

May 2015
why poeple are hating on Kokoro? anyway i really want to know more about Ikuno!!!! aaaaaaa
No matter who much you regret or wish,
if you couldn't do something in life,
you can't do it after death, either.
- Hanako
Jun 4, 2021 3:15 PM

Nov 2013
Well, isn't Nine Alpha a nasty piece of work?

Either way, an enjoyable episode. But the calm before the storm, it seems.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 15, 2021 10:31 PM

Feb 2021
Woah what the fuck is going on?!? Nana is going through puberty? Their bodies had been altered and only stamens and pistil are now left cause they need to pilot the franxx? Mitsuru and Kokora had sex will be be having kids?? Also the Nines are really assholes. Also the 'Papa' is in outerspace and talking about destroying the earth? WTH?? Things aren't making sense and this is too intriguing!

Jun 25, 2021 7:42 PM

Jun 2020
That was a befitting flower crown like for Zero Two, And some cute moments with her and Hiro

What's was Kokoro thinking about doing to Mitsuru she's trying to seduce him, Glad that Mitsuru has changed and communicates with the group and especially to Hiro which was nice, The 9's moved in from orders of their "Papa"

Things have been going down and there's a lot of drama and mention between Kokoro's curiosity about reproduction and that embrace by Mitsuru and things have gone down, That princess was something else maybe she knows Zero Two as well.
Jun 26, 2021 7:10 AM

Apr 2021
Well Glad to know Mitsuru is getting along with Hiro....Wonder how things are gonna go about from now
Aug 30, 2021 6:24 AM

Feb 2021
Why isn't no one talking about ikuno she hit the 9's and she also said that everyone has something that cannot be shared with others and in the end song she is leaning on ichigo like trying to kiss her . Am I the only one thinking in this way

Anyway the drama is getting intresting hiro and zero two are having a great time it's so nice to see them happy, many are against Mitsuru & kokoro's relation but I don't have any problem they are so great I like them both

So will they kick nana out ? And the new character is in human form so many things happened
Mar 20, 2022 7:20 AM

Jun 2020
A pretty good episode. Princess of Klaxosaurs. HAHA!

PS: Are the makers implicating consensual underage?! Damn!
Sep 21, 2022 3:26 AM
Feb 2022
it was going to boring so i dropped it
Nov 14, 2022 3:02 AM
May 2021
it was okay and all
Feb 1, 2023 1:42 PM
Aug 2017
Kokoro just forced herself onto Mitsuru wtf. She would’ve raped him had they not got interrupted. What happened to consent and respect.

Then the nines saying gender doesn’t matter and it’s wrong to want to leave a mark behind. Ffs.

Kokoro and mitsuru end up doing it. Seemed so forced considering Kokoro was breaking down crying. Everything is so forced in this anime. 

Ikuno better not come in with the yuri shit next episode

Hurry up and kill off bichigo and kokoro 
Mar 26, 2023 6:21 AM

Mar 2023
I find it so sad that papa and the others didn't teach them about basic human stuff, but i can't imagine how the manga author must think to create the thought of humans not knowing how to reproduce feel so realistic in the characters
May 5, 2023 8:45 AM

Dec 2022
Kokoro's thirst cannot be contained! Took her no time at all to advance her relationship with Mitsuru.
Hiro starting to show some klaxosaur traits now, pretty cool.

Shaded Horizon

May 27, 2023 1:28 AM
Feb 2022
Well, i didn't like what Kokoro did initially, as Mitsuru was a jerk with no redeeming qualities whatsoever, and her decision to throw away the big boy Futoshi, especially breaking the promise that easily, while could be understood and even tolerated, but still felt somewhat whorish (read picking an aloof bad boy over an insecure but loving nice guy). Yes, later episodes cast a different light on them three, and i've grown up to like Kokoro and Mitsuru to an extent, they got some courage to them. Still, i feel like i'm being retrospectively forced to side with Kokoro over Futoshi, as they show her as someone close to being heroic, developing her personality, continue elevating Mitsuru, while leaving Futoshi in the dust drooling at Kokoro and his food, unable to grow up or develop. While by now the viewers' sympathy (and maybe even mine) would be on Kokoro and Mitsuru side, it doesn't justify Kokoro's actions in the partners' swap episode. Long story short, i might be spoonfed to like Kokoro and it might even work to an extent, but that doesn't mean i will forget how she messed up early on.
Sep 29, 2023 1:21 PM

Nov 2010
If there's no drawback to transforming into a Klaxosaur hybrid like 02, then it's a win-win for both of them.

Very nice scene between Kokoro and Mitsuru. She's really curious about how humans reproduce, and her maternal instincts have awakened. If I were Mitsuru, I'd blow lots and lots of my load into her!

Poor Futosh, but he's such a sport, and I admire that.

In my case, I have zero interest in leaving a legacy. Once I die someday, that's it. I don't mind being forgotten. Most of us will be forgotten whether we like it or not. Only a very few people can be lucky enough to leave their mark and be remembered for a long time.

The present-day human society should be controlled when to procreate, just like in the anime. Overpopulation pisses me off so much.
I didn't expect Kokoro and Mitsuru to have sex in the end.
Nov 3, 2023 10:43 PM

Dec 2022
When the man got slapped and the other whistled I couldn't stop laughing. Ikuno 100% a lesbian or almost there. Get some Mitsuru

Nov 30, 2023 7:48 PM

Nov 2023
Nice hair accessory ongfrfr
Dec 17, 2023 3:24 AM

Sep 2018
You can't control who you have/get feelings for, as much as people feel pity for the "fatty" of the group, who got shafted to the sidelines. Cruel by the writers, but an organic and believable development. I did think they would do the deed eventually, so not too surprised this episode.

Overall so far, it's been a pretty good show. I can definitely tell why this has such mixed reception though (though I have heard the last few episodes are more controversial), it has a lot of teen melodrama and a lot of triggering developments for some. Plus, it's a mesh of a few critically acclaimed series, that can also ruffle feathers, if it doesn't live up to it's predecessor. Personally, it's like I've been watching an interesting ongoing case study. Curious as to how it ends, but I'm not the least disappointed by this show so far. It's about an 8/10 right now.
GakutoDeathGlareDec 17, 2023 3:27 AM
Dec 29, 2023 3:26 PM
Aug 2018
Finally, a noteworthy episode! This show has been rather slow building, and all its "problems" seem to be very small and unexciting, but in this episode, we can see that something bigger is ready to show its face.
Dec 30, 2023 3:49 PM
Jan 2019
Permit coitus! Discipline people who insult others for discussing it! <A<
Feb 16, 1:57 PM

Dec 2022
intense episode SHEESH whole hell of a lot to say about that one so I'll just say I'm glad Kokoro finally got it she needed it bad :)
May 14, 11:20 AM

Mar 2023
things are really intensifying O_O
zero two looks so cute (*^o^*)
Jun 6, 12:42 AM
Dec 2022
The respite for Squad 13 comes to an end when the Nines drop in for a visit. So their tranquil life is over and the reality sets back in.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

334 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 23 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

49 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 22 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

39 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 21 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

45 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

68 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.