Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »
Dec 13, 2016 3:02 PM

Feb 2013
Dunno what to believe lol.
Did she had one affair but the baby was his, or maybe she didn't have any affair, the question will remain unanswered.
Jan 1, 2017 5:50 PM

Oct 2013
Farabeuf said:
Radiant-Howl said:
I think it was interesting that they decided to have some of Takashi's suspicions to be proven correct and that Machiko wasn't completely guilty or innocent. It forces the viewer to come up with their own answers about what is right and wrong, despite the answer they suggest (that the wife should have been the one sent for reincarnation), and ultimately makes the show more engaging. .

I very much agree with your views here. It really isn't black and white at all. I do hope the future "players" have this less than clear cut dynamic that might challenge us as viewers. I also expect that we'll get a lot more behind the scenes action. Decim's subtle reaction to being wrong in his judgment might be a sign of future conflict.

True. I think that the message here is that people can't easily be judged as "good" or "evil", therefore the whole afterlife system seems to be faulty at its core.
While seemingly human, Decim and Nona clearly aren't, as they seem very far from understanding human emotions.
A lot of interesting concepts going on. I like the show, it's pretty thought-provoking.
Mar 7, 2017 1:53 AM

Jan 2007
hmmm....I imagine this episode was meant to show that the system is flawed, that this is far from a perfect tribunal, I definitely do not think either really deserved Hell/Void. And to be honest, this kind of judgements is very scary.

Plus, it is mentioned that the arbiters can't make a decision just by seeing the memories, yet the way people might act in this instance can be even more unreliable, as seen in this episode, where Machiko clearly felt regret but decided to say something completely different to her husband.
Apr 10, 2017 1:05 PM
Jul 2015
Decim did nothing wrong! That bitch deserved to burn!
May 15, 2017 9:54 AM

Jul 2008
So she cheated on him, and she lied about the baby not being his because she didn't want him to suffer thinking he killed his baby. She probably cheated on him because he was not able to trust anyone, maybe to spite him. I don't feel like she deserves an awful fate, if the void is bad like they seemed to suggest.
May 18, 2017 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
So confirmed that she cheated. Both fucked up, even though the guy's behavior was justified it was still pretty shit since it was based on a suspicion.
Jun 11, 2017 9:12 PM
Jan 2012
I see. So Machiko did cheat on him after all, though it was clear she regretted that. I think they should have made the design of the guy she had an affair with further different from Takashi's. I really didn't notice him in the previous episode.

Anyways, it is quite a shame that Machiko's soul was basically destroyed because Decim is bad at reading emotions. Nona was right, everyone commits mistakes, but he doomed her soul with that mistake.

Unlike some on this board, I can't agree that Machiko having an affair is worse than Takashi's jealously causing the death of three people. Going by Nona's words, Takashi could likely fuck things up even if the "misunderstanding" hadn't happened. IMO Machiko should have been the one to reincarnate.

Oh well. That is a bit of a disappointing conclusion for the first arc :( Will keep watching, though.
Jun 14, 2017 8:25 AM
May 2017
Nice behind the stage
Aug 8, 2017 11:02 AM

Jul 2017
Wow that was genuinely a good twist, enjoyed it.
Oct 21, 2017 3:20 AM
Jun 2007
ReilaNimu said:
I see. So Machiko did cheat on him after all, though it was clear she regretted that. I think they should have made the design of the guy she had an affair with further different from Takashi's. I really didn't notice him in the previous episode.

Anyways, it is quite a shame that Machiko's soul was basically destroyed because Decim is bad at reading emotions. Nona was right, everyone commits mistakes, but he doomed her soul with that mistake.

Unlike some on this board, I can't agree that Machiko having an affair is worse than Takashi's jealously causing the death of three people. Going by Nona's words, Takashi could likely fuck things up even if the "misunderstanding" hadn't happened. IMO Machiko should have been the one to reincarnate.

Oh well. That is a bit of a disappointing conclusion for the first arc :( Will keep watching, though.

This is kind of an old post, but I basically agree with the entirety of your opinion. Seems like we're the minority here haha.
Nov 10, 2017 12:59 AM

Apr 2017
I really like the twists Madhouse has done so far, they're easy to understand but you also question what's really the truth and what isn't. I thought Nona had bad morals for a second there, but I see where she's coming from. The man wasn't able to trust others so she decided to give him a second chance, though Decim doesn't understand that. At least — that's what I believe.

Great episode, I think Death Parade will be a favourite of mine.
Nov 21, 2017 9:15 AM

Dec 2016
This show is definitely interesting to say the least but now I'm wondering the format of the next episode. Will it be half game and half of the arbiters watching, or will it be like the first two episodes with the game being one episode, and the ones watching from behind the scenes being another.
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 19, 2018 4:49 PM
Jun 2013
ok so it did go the way I thought. She was lying to give him one last gift even though I agree with nona that I feel this marriage would've ended up bad ether way. Im guessing the new girl is to give some dam humanity to decium since it seems hes a all face value guy and doesn't get human emotion like love. Great episode and im happy they laid out the purpose of everything right away so we wont keep being confused and can just focus on the interactions of the characters. Though I hope we find out how arbiters are chosen and such. Would be nice to get a happy episode.
souledge94Jan 19, 2018 5:05 PM
Jan 19, 2018 4:54 PM
Jun 2013
suicidekillme said:

I agree with you on the whole affair thing since yea its fucked up she did it but she did it once and like 5 seconds after she felt horrible, but im guessing going by takashi personality before the affair happened he was probably putting her through hell. Even after all that she still loved him enough that she threw her soul away to save his its to bad decium just reads stuff at face value and thats why ms dark hair is here to teach him stuff.
Mar 20, 2018 7:30 PM

Feb 2015
Good episode explaining what happened the last episode, with some backgrounds and how the bar works.
Apr 7, 2018 12:55 PM

Nov 2017
I liked how they went with a recap to further explain the behind the scenes of how it all works. Emotional episode
May 15, 2018 10:29 PM

Sep 2017
Well then, let's get right into the shit, shall we?

Shitty sequence that doesn't fit at all.

CREEPY.

I don't trust the elevator guy.

Anyhow, we revisit last week episode. No matter what you say, Machiko was a BITCH and a THOT. She cheated on the guy(when she was married no less) and deserves to be sent to the void/darkness. The guy on the other hand was a good guy. Don't care if the bitch regretted it afterwards, doesn't make her any less redeeming(You are supposed to regret cheating after all). The arbiter is not as cool as he was in last episode. To think that he regrets his decisions means that he is not fit to be a death god.

Throni said:
Decim did nothing wrong! That bitch deserved to burn!

My point exactly.

I hate this NTR type show. What's the purpose? We are no closer to figuring out this whole mess to begin with.

Anyways, resurrection or the void, what is the difference? How will you judge the people who didn't die in groups? How will you judge whether a person who died alone has to be sent to resurrect or void? What about a baby? Or Light Yagami's victims?

The facial expressions of the couple are straight out copied from Studio DEEN. Shame on you Madhouse, only DEEN is allowed to pull that off.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Aug 9, 2018 1:02 PM

Mar 2018
This episode was interesting because explain more about the story.
Oct 26, 2018 2:43 PM

Jan 2010
At the very least, it's nice to know that Death Parade's afterlife is stocked with alcohol.
Nov 3, 2018 3:47 PM
Oct 2018
I just started watching this anime, so I might be late for disscusion, but..

If Nona and Decim can see players' memories and Machiko did cheat, Decim shouldve known how often Machiko was cheating and whos child she had carried, because he had insight on all of her memories.

Therefor, if he Decim could see Machiko's memories, he would've known that she was lying about cheating Takashi regularly and carrying other's man chilld in order to save him.

It seems illogical to me that Decim can see memories, but yet he didn't know what she acctually did, based on the fact that he didnt know if Machiko lied , even though he knew her memories.

Dec 21, 2018 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
Regretting that you become a cheating bitch doesnt make it fine and justify cheating. Judgement was right on this one. The thot to the void.
■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■
Apr 9, 2019 3:37 PM
Jul 2018
Takeshi lost control of the car and inadvertently killed himself, his wife, and his unborn child. Takeshi also throws the dart to pain his wife's womb with the baby after she tells him not to because he thought it wasn't his. So he's cool with killing an unborn child if it isn't his. At the time, both people thought they were alive so the intent to kill was there.

Machiko was wrong for cheating on him and betrayed trust. She probably had some hand in Takeshi losing control of the car. She also expressed remorse and tried to ease Takeshi's pain for what he thought he did which was kill the unborn baby.

So they both were in the wrong. I'd say Takeshi was more in the wrong because he was cool with killing the unborn child because it wasn't his and he caused their deaths which I think is worse than cheating.

On another note, how were these arbiters picked? Is there punishment for screwing up a decision? Why can't all the arbiters greet the deceased so that the decision can be decided through discussion between all of them?

I like how this is a setup for Decim's possible character arc.

He got all memories but didn't get any memories of regret? That's weird. He doesn't need to empathize emotionally with the players if he has all their memories.

removed-userApr 9, 2019 3:42 PM
Jul 6, 2019 9:24 PM

Feb 2015
I thought it was weird but this episode kind of confirmed my suspicions. At least he knew he misjudged.
Sep 2, 2019 4:11 AM

Mar 2018
Looking back on it, she really deserved what she got.She cheated and she hides the fact that she cheated.We are not sure baby was his, could be from her cheating partner too.Adding these into her mistake throw made the husband more insecure, expecting him to think rationally after that is not logical.She is not that evil and husband is not that victim(afterall he tried to kill a woman with child) but Decim's decision was right.She started the fire with cheating/hiding and she acted like a psycho in front of her husband to spite him.

Everyone can play good guy all they want, but anybody would lose their mind if they learned that their partner cheated on them and pregnant.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Mar 16, 2020 12:30 AM
Jul 2018
We've seen backstage of the game between matchy and Takashi. It was a nice thats no more thing to say.
Jun 16, 2020 4:17 AM

Dec 2018
Well, this was a nice method to add more episode to the series than what they actually have.

Decim is not wrong at least to send Machiko to the void since she did cheats on her husband. In fact, both of them should go to the void since her husband also want to kill her. Although, I don't know what kind of moral they're using for the judgement.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 18, 2020 7:19 AM

May 2013
Great job at confirming/clearing suspicions from previous episode.

Decim's decision-making is fallible and I guess the black haired chick is there to validate and/or correct his arbitration through differing perspectives. I am starting to like this dynamic and the show has piqued my interest now.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Aug 31, 2020 4:31 AM

Mar 2020
so it was the other way around, how could nobody see that? it is their job after all
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Oct 4, 2020 6:42 AM
Aug 2020
Pretty boring episode!
Nov 30, 2020 3:41 AM

Apr 2020
It seemed that the Assistant could clearly understand human feelings, and it seemed like Decim as a judge couldn't be wrong
Dec 21, 2020 9:35 PM

Jul 2020
Amazing intro and already loving the cool looking bartender named Decim or sumn
Jan 18, 2021 12:42 AM

Dec 2018
I hated the guts of that machiko lady after Episode 1 but now that I've watched Episode 2, I don't know whom to hate :")
That's life I guess, nothing is black and white
I feel like they're playing with my mind
Jan 22, 2021 4:02 PM

Jan 2020
not bad for a repeated episode from a different perspective.
personally, the ED and OP just aren't as great as i heard they were.
Feb 3, 2021 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
Ah okay, so the Arbiters aren't necessarily all-knowing. Decim made a mistake with the previous couple, I suppose?

Interesting to see more of how the Quindecim system works. Explaining more of the process causes me to have a lot more questions though. What exactly are the arbiters? How they born? Is there a God overseeing this process? Is there punishments for making mistakes? What is that place we see near the end?

I suppose it's a good thing that I have many questions. Hopefully the most important of these are going to be answered in the remaining episodes. I'm only two episodes in after all.
Mar 4, 2021 6:33 AM
Jul 2020
While I do sympathize a little more with machiko than I did before , I think she still is the one more at fault. And the husband is not necessarily as bad as they make him out to be. The names were similar and also they mentioned that the husband was a doctor too and that he is some one who marrying or married recently. Also she did infact cheat. That too soon after wedding. She acted suspiciously too not by not showing texts but by resisting that much makes it feel like she did something wrong. While innocent people get angry by false accusing but she was not innocent . The husband at a point considered of dying to protect his child until he remembered that the child could be some one else's. He wasn't necessarily a bad guy. Also I can understand her lying to make her husband not feel bad but the lie in itself makes him feel like crap that his wife never loved him and his whole life has been a lie and if they lived he would have to raise some one else's child.

I do believe the child is the husband's though. Because I think it was a one time thing and it seemed like she was pregnant for quite some time.

While the white hair girl judged the husband pretty harshly he is not the only one at fault if he could have never been happy. Because wife cheated almost immediately after wedding. He doubted her cheating on him when heard that on the wedding day. And it never showed he accused her of cheating or he treated her poorly, he was suspicious and kept to himself like biting his lips when she was texting. The one time he confronted her she already cheated by that time. So there is no guarantee she wouldn't have cheated even if he wasn't suspicious. She didn't even have that much time gap between husband finding out and her cheating to feel that the husband is making her feel bad. While it's true that she felt guilty but there is no guarantee she wouldn't repeat it as they didn't live long enough. Many cheaters do feel guilty the first time but it gradually fades away. What makes it worse is she probably did it on their honeymoon or just before it that too being pregnant.
Mar 21, 2021 12:38 PM

Oct 2020
I didn't liked this one. A man doesn't have clear idea of human emotions is making decision of who goes to void or reincarnation. And why only these two and also why there is no end of this. The theory is just like a circle here which never ends. Feel bad for Machiko. She just had the punishment of the wrong mistake and the Fool got away.

From the other side, I would like to see more. But till now it didn't impressed me.

How fool I am! I just accidently voted for 5 where I wanted to give it just 2 :P
Mar 21, 2021 5:24 PM
Jul 2020
@Maddy_ReDark what do you mean ? It was not a simple mistake as I spilled coffee on you. She cheated . Sure he suspected quite easily but the situation was very misleading. Him hearing the similar name, them talking how she is marrying and husband being a doctor , her chatting late night in bed, her resisting so much when he tried to look at the phone. Sure he suspected her falsely when she didn't cheat but he didn't accuse her directly and by that time he accused her she had already cheated. This is not a case of an unfortunately mistaken accusation . While he mistakenly accused her due to false information she wasn't innocent at all even if it was a one time thing cheating is still a terrible betrayal especially it was very early in their marriage. It's like saying a husband alone is in the wrong due to accusing based on false information when the wife in reality did infact cheat, which is absurd. How many wives would be oh okay it's one time thing it was a mistake ? No need to let her off lightly just because she feels guilty. And there is no real guarantee she wouldn't do it again.

What if you see it this way, the husband had the misfortune of hearing what the friends were saying otherwise it wouldn't have ended this way but in that case the wife would have gotten away scott free after the one night stand. Sure the husband could have still have suspected her like the white hair girl says but at the opposite side of the coin the wife could have still could have continued cheating. If you are gonna assume she never would have cheated again then you can also assume the husband would have never suspected her either if he didn't hear the friend's as he didn't supect her during their relationship before marriage. Also think of other scenarios if she wasn't pregnant before and she got pregnant during that one night stand . What the husband did wrong too but his suspicions were not completely off base she is guilty and it was a terrible betrayal. It is classic case of showing it's okay if it's a one time thing and she feels guilty when it's not.
Mar 21, 2021 7:31 PM
Jul 2020
@Makaze_no_Moujuu

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:
In my view a lot of people seem to have twisted moral standards, she should of just broke up with him before cheating. It's not that complicated to me it seems.

Well, she was having his kid and wanted to make it work. Also, they had just married, so even tho things started off rocky, it could still possibly be salvaged; especially since their were having a child.

Cheating =/= a relationship can't be salvaged. And this was all from a ridiculous misunderstanding.

So I have a question. She was having a kid and wanted to make it work. So the first choice instead of choosing to discuss with her husband what is the problem she cheats. So instead of working and salvaging things she even makes things worse and harder to salvage. And them marrying recently only makes it worse because even though she married recently she cheated. My problem is both are at fault here. The husband is wrong for doubting her on false information, she was wrong because she cheated. And people say it was a one time thing and she truly regretted but it doesn't make it right. She would have completely kept it from the husband and there is no guarantee she is not going to cheat again just like how there is no guarantee that the husband would have never doubted her if not for what he had heard. And people assuming that he treated her like shit which was never actually shown, all that was shown was he was frustrated but the only time he accused was in the car. Sure cheating is not something you necessarily blast one's soul but neither is accidental killing, he didn't plan on killing in a way it is much less of purposeful thing than her conscious act on cheating. And people like to bash the guy for being non trusting when infact the wife wasn't trustworthy ( don't tell me it is a one time thing) because if he never suspected her she would have still cheated because it was never shown that he accused her of cheating in the anime till the very last moment. Also people like to paint him as a bad guy but in the beginning he thought of saving both of them , then at a point he even thought of sacrificing himself to save her and his son , then he remembered the conversation which messes up his whole thoughts.
Mar 21, 2021 8:06 PM
Jul 2020
@Makaze_no_Moujuu

Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Epicenter said:
"Only cheated once" Heh.

Yeah, because it's clear that she really regretted her decision. Someone who feels that guilty won't just keep cheating, especially not when she clearly loved Takashi. She was just hurt, and she made a mistake.

You say we have twisted morals, well I say you do for judging a person's entire character from one bad decision and treating infidelity like murder; as if she deserves Hell for cheating. That's completely unreasonable.

Sure there are people who truly stop once they regret it but there are quite a no. of people who don't. They all start saying I truly regret my actions and I will never do it again but they still do it and after sometime stop feeling the guilt. And people act like the husband wanted to cause that accident , it was a complete accident he didn't plan to kill her , it's like saying if she didn't resist there would be no accident which is ridiculous. Sure infedility is not that big as murder but neither is being non trusting, if people blast him so much for being non trusting the wife should be held to the same standard for being untrustworthy. If wife's is being treated as simple mistake then the husband's should be treated as simple misunderstanding again the result here their death shouldn't be taken into consideration as it was not intended. consequences alone shouldn't determine the action's value. What if action never lead to death would that change things , no his action would be just as bad. What if the wife is not pregnant before and got pregnant due to the one night stand ,there were chances she could have but she was already pregnant so it didn't happen . If you ask me neither of them should be sent to void . And the wife isn't the one who is less at fault because she regrets actions , she regrets it because she was at fault here. The husband would have regretted if he was the one at fault.Let's apply your own logic here do you think who commited a murder and feels guilty is better than a person who cheated and doesn't feel guilty. And if a one time thing is excusable or not is decided by the partner , she not only cheated but she wasn't going to tell him which adds it on her mistake. Because the one who decides whether to forgive her and be with her is decided by the partner and not by her.
Mar 21, 2021 8:28 PM
Jul 2020
@Tokoya

Tokoya said:
After reading some of these comments I've come to realize that some of you don't believe in forgiveness lol

Her cheating on him was a bad thing and all but at the end of the day she knew that he was the one that she truly loved and was extremely sorry for what she'd done (It's not like she went whoring around and slept with like 5 different guys). I can't speak for everyone but I'm the type of guy that never gives up on the people that I truly care about even if they make mistakes and because of this I'm willing to forgive them. If that guy truly loved her/and wasn't so self-conscious, he could have seen through her little play very easily.

To put things short, Nona was spot on in her claim, even if the wife didn't cheat on him, this outcome was inevitable because that guy is not fit to be in a relationship with anyone because he is paranoid and selfish, hence why Decim felt bad because he realized that he fucked up (Which I highly commend the writers for because having him be a "perfect" or god complex character would have been kinda cliche after a while....I like characters with depth to them and with room to grow as a person)

I sympathize with the husband because I know the pain of being betrayed, but his actions and just overall character kills it all, plus it's all his fault why they died.

Forgiveness is hard to do but it's not impossible people

It cuts both ways. If she loved him so much she shouldn't have cheated. She shouldn't have given up on working on the problem. Sure his actions led to their death but it was an accident, he didn't plan on killing her. It's like saying they had an accident because she didn't allow him to take the phone and resisted hard which is absurd. Sure forgiving would be an option but let me point it out to you did she ask him for forgiveness, did she tell him the truth and apologize , no she desperately tried to hide the truth which in a way also led to their accident. Let's consider a scenario where she didn't cheat she wouldn't put up such a fight when he asked her phone which wouldn't have led to an accident. Let's consider a case where she would have confessed he may have forgiven her or not which depends on him neither is wrong. You are expecting him to be understanding and hoping him to forgive when she didn't confess , cheated on him and tried to hide it from him.
Mar 21, 2021 9:06 PM
Jul 2020
@Tokoya

Tokoya said:
IZEROII said:
I really enjoyed the "reverse" perspective of this episode. One of the better introductions to a universe I've seen recently.

Nona has captivated me.

Or we just understand the concept of marriage vows which is arguably one of the strongest convents between a man and a women (in this case) let one between the couple and God (if you believe so). That said something like cheating on your husband may not be a forgivable event considering they are newlyweds and don't have a ton of tangible, vested interests in their marriage aside from "love". I think individuals like yourself and your agreeable peers need to reflect on the level on insult cheating ie being unfaithful imparts onto a marriage. I'm not married and I can understand the degree of betrayal one must feel given the situation this character was in. I will go on to say being unfaithful is a calculated "mistake".
IIRC, this couple was on their honeymoon when they died which usually takes place a few days if not the day after marriage, so she cheated on him before they got married

Clearly this woman loves this man and only wants him in her life but with that being said, why would a woman like this go out of her way and sleep with another man? It's because the guy himself is very selfish and extremely paranoid (which in itself are terrible qualities to have especially for a spouse). Everything that happened was his fault. Like I said before, her cheating on him was wrong too but at the end of the day when you take a good look at this man, she deserved better (Yet she still chose him in the end and that says a lot about her character). What annoys me is that some people are condemning the woman without even understanding the full story

I'm not going to repeat what I said earlier but forgiveness is also encouraged in some religions as well.

The guy was too much of a hot mess as well so he will never find happiness because that's just his nature...This outcome was inevitable even if she didn't cheat

What annoys me is you are condemning the guy and making everything his fault even though wife shares more than enough blame. Again cheating before marriage doesn't excuse it , I believe she cheated on after marriage. At the very least she was engaged. Next if you are so unhappy with the guy that you cheated don't marry him. And you are saying she cheated before marriage because he was suspicious of her which absolutely ridiculous ( again don't marry the guy ) because he heard the friends on the day of the wedding which makes your reasoning completely false. Again it is a huge assumption he treated her like shit , it was shown how nice he was to her before marriage clearly shown not an assumption. After marriage it was never shown he treated her badly all it was shown was he was struggling and kept it to himself until he burst out in the car. And they didn't have that much time from wedding to honeymoon to get into a big fight or him treating her badly that she wanted to cheat and like a guy who previously mentioned they wouldn't be going to honeymoon. And you guys only see bad points in him non trusting ( which the wife is guilty of even though based on false information). He even at a point wanted to sacrifice himself to protect her and his child when he sudenly remembered. Maybe he could have forgived her but finding that out at such a time seriously messes one up. And the wife even hid her affair which makes her even suspicious. Sure he could have believed her based on his past with her but if your theory about her cheating because he was suspicious is true she could have believed in their past and discussed it with. Both messed up their marriage him by not trusting and her by cheating , both would have happened one way or other . People are arguing because his actions caused their death , so he murdered her so he is worse but that happened due to untimely message what if the message came when they were parked. What if she had become pregnant due to an affair.

And you say it's clear she loves him and only wants him. Sure we can tell that but can the husband. All he knows is what he heard from her mouth she cheated , the child is not his and she never loved him. How many people would be so sympathetic if the roles were reversed and the guy was crying. Sure his act had more serious consequences but his was more of a rage act gone wrong while she should had to take several conscious acts to go to a room and have an affair .
Svk32145Mar 21, 2021 9:10 PM
Mar 22, 2021 4:25 AM

Oct 2020
Svk32145 said:
@Maddy_ReDark what do you mean ? It was not a simple mistake as I spilled coffee on you. She cheated . Sure he suspected quite easily but the situation was very misleading. ....

Thanks for the explanation. But was there any proof? Do you mean I've missed something important? I saw only their assumptions. The final words of the wife didn't seemed enough true to me. And actually no one likes to show their messages. It is a private space. And they were just newly married.

Other hand, the man was too aggressive. Though he tried to save her sometimes. But my point is the man was too doubtful and he tried to through his opinion on her. Even if I agree that the woman was bad and deserved the punishment, I don't like that the man didn't got any punishment. Because of the man the accident happened.

What I didn't liked most is there is only two things - reincarnation and void. But things can be between this two. And another thing is they didn't explained what about the other crimes or good deeds but just if you are wrong in relationship you are in void. The woman may could be a good hearted person who used to help others but this side never came in front. She was thrown to the void. That was too much of punishment. And I think it was just based on her last speech not on any solid proof.

If you read this again then I would like you to let me understand if I am wrong here.
Mar 22, 2021 2:40 PM
Jul 2020
@Maddy_ReDark

Maddy_ReDark said:
Svk32145 said:
@Maddy_ReDark what do you mean ? It was not a simple mistake as I spilled coffee on you. She cheated . Sure he suspected quite easily but the situation was very misleading. ....

Thanks for the explanation. But was there any proof? Do you mean I've missed something important? I saw only their assumptions. The final words of the wife didn't seemed enough true to me. And actually no one likes to show their messages. It is a private space. And they were just newly married.

Other hand, the man was too aggressive. Though he tried to save her sometimes. But my point is the man was too doubtful and he tried to through his opinion on her. Even if I agree that the woman was bad and deserved the punishment, I don't like that the man didn't got any punishment. Because of the man the accident happened.

What I didn't liked most is there is only two things - reincarnation and void. But things can be between this two. And another thing is they didn't explained what about the other crimes or good deeds but just if you are wrong in relationship you are in void. The woman may could be a good hearted person who used to help others but this side never came in front. She was thrown to the void. That was too much of punishment. And I think it was just based on her last speech not on any solid proof.

If you read this again then I would like you to let me understand if I am wrong here.

Do you mean proof of cheating? Decim has her memories. When the girl asked he said she had another man ( which decim believed it was a regular thing which the fmc argued ). The only doubt is that if it was a regular thing( which i believe is a one time thing ) . If you are talkng about pregnancy the child is husband's , not the guy with affair. I only mentioned it because people are giving crap for husband getting killed but that was an accident it was not planned , so the outcome shouldn't determine the severity of his action. My point is if him being suspicious never lead to an accident would his actions be better , no. Should the wife's cheating treated worse only if it had led to pregnancy, no because her actions now could have already lead to that outcome. My point was their death was an unforseen circumstance, he didn't want to kill her , so their death is a complete accident which shouldn't be taken into account when criticizing him. The phone is a private space I agree , people don't let them look into them but do you think she would have resisted as much if she didn't cheat. Blaming him for the accident entirely is like saying if she didn't resist the accident wouldn't have happened which is absurd. It's not like he was a careless driver , wanted to kill her , he was already suspicious and she had some suspicious behavior ( she cheated too) and happened to receive phone call at an unfortunate time. They would even be alive if she lifted the call, or if she didn't suspiciously cut and evade the answer ( not saying she is to blame for the accident because of this but that too many unfortunate incidents happened at a wrong time that led to the accident ). And you talk about the woman could have been a good person who helped people but that side didn't come out. The same thing applies to husband , infact it applies to him even more. The wife's good side the regret was shown, the wife was made more sympathetic even though she cheated. While from the husband mostly only bad side was shown. He clearly said he loved her and just wanted to start a family while crying but that part wasn't emphasized at all by the writer. Only his doubting parts were shown. He was extremely nice to her when they started dating even the wife thinks so , so he could have been a real nice guy with insecurities but it wasn't focused on . He was a doctor too , he might have helped a lot of people in the past. Good people can have trust issues due to may be some incidents in life. It's just that people think just because doesn't trust anyone makes him a bad person. Many anime throw trust word lightly showing how Mc trusts fully and he is admirable. But it is not all roses and sunshine in real life. People who are trusting get screwed around a lot even by close relatives. Even in this case even if he trusted her he would have been betrayed terribly by his new wife just before honeymoon while being pregnant with his child and hiding the incident because she wanted to work things out.

He came off as aggressive sure but he was in a very hard place during the game. People say the 2nd dart was on purpose but it was not , he remembered the conversation almost at the releasing time, there is no time to change course all that happenes was he fumbled. I mean can you imagine having the memory comeback right at that time . He even said it was not in purpose, he had no reason to lie at that time. And after he thought he killed his child you can see how much he felt guilty ,is that the sign of a bad person . He had two choices to believe either he killed his own child or his wife betrayed him he was in really messed up place. People act that way when put in such a position , similar reaction occurs in 5th or 6th episode even the fmc makes a comment about it, that when people are put in extreme situations they are going to act that way doesn't make them a bad person. Sure she felt guilty and I am not saying she is complete trash . But the husband is not as bad as people make him out be. The husband was dealt with a really bad hand. Also she is not as innocent as people claim , some claim the husband treated her badly which was never shown even in her memories she only remembered good times with him, he suspected her but he never accused her till the end so even that can't be the cause of cheating, and she desperately tried to hide it. If the husband never doubted her she would have still cheated and gotten away Scott free. If she felt so guilty why didn't she confess to him before and ask him to decide whether they should stay together or not. It is the partner who got cheated that decides.

If I were to chose I would have sent both of them for reincarnation husband being non trusting in itself doesn't make him a bad person. Even though I think the wife got short end of the stick I would have definitely not agreed if she got away Scott free and the husband was sent to eternal void. And if you watch post credits Nona says okay only 3 months on phone. Many speculate that since decim made a mistake he asked her to put the wife in void only for 3 months. Which I think is a fair deal. If the husband got put in the void he would have been put in for eternity which is ridiculous especially considering he was the one who got betrayed. And Nona considering the he would have never been happy because he would have never trusted anyone was again something I find harsh, would he have been trustworthy even then she would have cheated. Don't try to place blame on the guy entirely because the other person feels guilty. And what she did wasn't that long from from wedding which makes her betrayal even more heart breaking .

Ps: I don't really see the point of people wanting to be reincarnated in this anime. I mean there are only two options either void or reincarnation. It's either you go to void now or later after many reincarnations or repeatedly get reincarnated and hoping you never do a bad thing. And it's not like it's a guarantee they would do things they couldn't do either and it's not like they would remember them. It's better to choose void if this is the case because it is just a matter of sooner or later unless there is another option.
Svk32145Mar 23, 2021 12:09 PM
Apr 20, 2021 12:36 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Wait what huh wait huh what NANI??

Everything I was thinking about regarding the first episode has been cleared up in this one. I'm just glad that it's not all as shallow as it initially appeared to me. Damn it's got some layers. At first I was thinking man are these arbiters so dumb that this newbie was able to catch on things that they couldn't? Turns out the newbie was the one not catching onto the even MORE subtle things. Again I'm just hoping that this anime will actually be smart and not just LOOK like it's being smart.

Still kind of feel sorry for that lady though. Sure she cheated on him but is that enough to send her to the VOID? Didn't she somewhat redeem herself by sacrificing herself for her husband? When 2 people are brought in does one have to be reincarnated and one be sent to the void every time? If both prove themselves to be worthy and pick up mjolnir can they both be reincarnated? It's only episode 2 but I hope they'll clear this stuff up as we move along. If not, no matter, it just has to be as riveting as it has been

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 23, 2021 11:29 PM

Feb 2018
BetaMaleUltra said:
Wait what huh wait huh what NANI??

Everything I was thinking about regarding the first episode has been cleared up in this one. I'm just glad that it's not all as shallow as it initially appeared to me. Damn it's got some layers. At first I was thinking man are these arbiters so dumb that this newbie was able to catch on things that they couldn't? Turns out the newbie was the one not catching onto the even MORE subtle things. Again I'm just hoping that this anime will actually be smart and not just LOOK like it's being smart.

Still kind of feel sorry for that lady though. Sure she cheated on him but is that enough to send her to the VOID? Didn't she somewhat redeem herself by sacrificing herself for her husband? When 2 people are brought in does one have to be reincarnated and one be sent to the void every time? If both prove themselves to be worthy and pick up mjolnir can they both be reincarnated? It's only episode 2 but I hope they'll clear this stuff up as we move along. If not, no matter, it just has to be as riveting as it has been

There will always be people who have different opinions than you. Cuz,I think what Decim did was justified. Once a cheater, always a cheater. That bitch deserved it fully. Many people here on this thread are talking about forgiveness. But they died before even going that far just because the wife didn't talk about it. Maybe he would have forgiven her, who knows. I, for one would never, but those are just personal beliefs. A cheater should be punished no matter what.If the husband had cheated, I still would have said the same thing. Cheating is unforgivable (at least according to me).One thing that I noticed is that most of the people who were saying that the wife is innocent are female, including some of my friends. I wonder why!
May 24, 2021 7:17 AM

Dec 2020
some behind the scene from the last episode. my hunch was right, machi lied to make takashi feel less guiltu of himself. tragic. we meet 2 more characters this episode, a playful boss (that probably has a dark side) and a ..guy who's ? cant make much of him yet but he's definitely not like clavis
Jun 21, 2021 6:47 AM

Jun 2021

This anime op is so good all the characters are really enjoying and dancing.this anime tells that the bartender acts as a arbiter gives a judgement to departed people sends them to reincarnation and void. reincarnation means people get another chance of life to born as human.void means fell into darkness there is no return.there is no heaven or hell.bartender is so cool and few times he makes mistakes on his judgments.
Jul 14, 2021 6:56 AM

Apr 2018
This felt like a recap but with a lot of information and some explanation.. So Machiko did cheat but still felt something for her Takashi.. welp, they could have lived a happy life. And the little girl is scary af lol.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 16, 2021 2:05 PM

Apr 2021
learned some background info about the arbiters and the whole purpose of the bar and the games

also kinda got a different perspective on the first episode which was really cool to see!
nona's got some style, but the personality reminds me a lot of my manager in the café i worked at, all the friendly stuff she says seems fake :V :D

i like the black-haired girl tho, she'll be a good assistant to the arbiters since she understands human emotion much better than them!

and to be honest, i somehow didn't get the clues that what machiko did was an act :D so getting that cleared up really made me feel dumb and made me feel like the anime is smarter than me, which is a feeling i love while watching these kinds of mysterious, thriller-ish anime <3

i'm loving this show so much, i don't want it to end :D
i wish i was a cloud
Oct 3, 2021 12:05 PM
Oct 2021
I'm glad that machiko was sent to the void.women who cheat doesn't deserve to live.Many are saying she regretted the one night stand but that doesn't change the fact that she cheated on him. She is nothing but filth.
Pages (14) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

672 by Nynxyy »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2015

522 by constructios0913 »»
Sep 20, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

842 by JoestarJonathan »»
Sep 13, 9:55 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

454 by kyota521306 »»
Aug 26, 7:00 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

602 by 0k_Cxz »»
Jul 30, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.