Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 22, 2011 8:31 AM

Aug 2010
Yes that was Tokyo Tower, not the Eiffel Tower, I forgot that the Tokyo Tower was modeled after it.

Anyway maybe Momoka sacrificed herself to change fate again?
Oct 22, 2011 8:35 AM

Feb 2011
Butterfly333 said:
Btw, is there anybody else who think that Natsume is not that bad actually? i mean...you know, the feeling that she is not that evil...
she is on the opposing team, crazy/obsessive and/or desperated, but not evil i think

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 22, 2011 8:36 AM

May 2010
Zeando said:
nonlly said:
Zeando said:
and here himari and shouma are running straigh, while kanba is facing an other direction

I have a bad feeling about this one, hope Kanba isn't going to betray his siblings or anything like that
well, see how sanetoshi is starting to mess with kanba too now?
that won't bring anything good, i fear...

looks like Kanba is going to take Natsume's side (bye bye incest?)
Oct 22, 2011 8:36 AM

Feb 2010
Wow. THAT WAS BRILLIANT. this show gets better and better as it goes on...

I'm suddenly wanting Yuri to bring Momoka back....

Momoka seems more and more amazing as the show goes on; no wonder so many people were touched by her.

The whole father rape/torture/mutilation was VERY hard to stomach, but it makes sense why Yuri is the way she is. He's a monster.BIG time.

Wow I love this show. Thought provoking at every turn.
Oct 22, 2011 8:43 AM

Feb 2009
nonlly said:
Zeando said:
nonlly said:
Zeando said:
and here himari and shouma are running straigh, while kanba is facing an other direction

I have a bad feeling about this one, hope Kanba isn't going to betray his siblings or anything like that
well, see how sanetoshi is starting to mess with kanba too now?
that won't bring anything good, i fear...

Does anyone else find it weird that Kanba is switching sides like that? I mean, he was so strongly "I'm doing it all for Himari!" before...

Just hope they have a good explanation.
Oct 22, 2011 8:48 AM

Sep 2011
I hope Kanba doesn't go to Natsume's side. I really don't like them together. So of course, naturally, that's what will happen. :\

If they do team up, I hope it's strictly business and Kanba keeps his love for Himari. Come on Ikuhara, I know you love incest! Don't let me down.
Oct 22, 2011 9:04 AM
Sep 2010
Such... amazing... directing... I'm out of words.
Oct 22, 2011 9:08 AM

Feb 2009
YayPepsi said:
If they do team up, I hope it's strictly business and Kanba keeps his love for Himari. Come on Ikuhara, I know you love incest! Don't let me down.

For once, I agree. This is the very first time I have ever supported incest... So it totally figures that this is going to be one of the first times that it doesn't work out. *Sigh*
Oct 22, 2011 9:13 AM
May 2009
The father was quite messed up indeed (as expected of an artist, ahaha). I mean, treating your daughter like a block of marble... Nice reference to Michelangelo's words though.
Shoma to the rescue was hilarious. Honestly, the bottle scene... Haven't LOL that much while watching an anime for a while. I kept grinning at the whole phone talk, too.
It's cute that Sanetoshi gave Double-H these scarves.
Things are finally starting to get clear, now all left is to know Tabuki's role (maybe he wants the same thing as Yuri?), and the indentify of the guy who's holding Himari in the OP (also the Crown Prince, but maybe that's the same?).
The OP is great and certainly suggests a lot of things (like, Ringo burning = her probably making a sacrifice to change fate, Kanba running in a different direction = him probably taking another path, perhaps dissapearing like Momoka in the end/not being in Takakura family at least). I feel like Sanetoshi and PoC are staring at each other like they've taken a bet, and Sanetoshi is all "you know I'll win", while PoC only stares saying "we'll see". :D well, Sanetoshi was telling PoC/Momoka to find out if the fate exists or something, it sounded kind of like a bet. That's probably why do I get this feeling.
By the way, the title of the episode, "Savior of the world", reminds me of the line Sanetoshi said; about the whole world crying out to him, "save me". Or something like that.
Oct 22, 2011 9:44 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
So far the entire series revolved around Momoka. Let's see if that changes...

Nice OP also... so many foreshadowing of things to come :D
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 22, 2011 10:02 AM

Feb 2011
Kipcha said:
nonlly said:

Does anyone else find it weird that Kanba is switching sides like that? I mean, he was so strongly "I'm doing it all for Himari!" before...

Just hope they have a good explanation.
maybe he'll come to the conclusion "for himari, i have to work with natsume" xD (him alone or being tricked by sanetoshi :3)

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 22, 2011 10:19 AM

Aug 2008
Poor Yuri. Her father is messed up.
On a lighter note, I enjoyed the catfight between Yuri and Natsume. I thought Natsume got the diary for real.
Oct 22, 2011 10:25 AM
Dec 2007
Excellent episode as usual with lots of developments and symbols.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 22, 2011 10:45 AM

May 2010
Great episode once again.
Kinda preferred the old OP than the new.
Like the way that fairytales are always used as symbolism in this show.
I'm really curious what really happened between Yuri and Ringo. lol

So much questions running in my mind after this ep. -_-
StormViruzOct 22, 2011 10:53 AM
Oct 22, 2011 11:01 AM

Jun 2010
Great episode, it showed us that Yuri is a girl with a bad background and not so evil like we thought.

Momoka looks like Ringo with pink hair pretty much. But I believe she has a connection to the Princess of Crystal. However their personalities are far too different but their eyes are quite similar.

Yuri's father was so insane. Yuri was already beautiful yet he was obsessed with perfection. I just felt sad for Yuri, she've been under a lot. However, she is obsessed with Momoka so far.

Anyone noticed that Sanetoshi has some black rabbits and the school rabbit who Momoka was talking about was white? Another symbolism...

Meanwhile I wonder who is Mario exactly.
Oct 22, 2011 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
So we finally know what Momoka's diary actually does.

This episode reminded me so much of shigofumi, Yuri's father is exactly like Mikawa Kirameki, they're both obsessed over beauty which is never a pretty thing.

And we've actually got to see Momoka's face :D

This new op isn't as good as the first one though :L

5/5
Oct 22, 2011 12:32 PM

Aug 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Blackbird said:
Yeah what kind of father is that, that's why Momoka knew she would die and she sacrified herself to be able to save her.
I don't know about the knew but she must have died on that hospital bed or something because she was clearly still alive and stable with Yuri at the end of the episode itself.
I think the reason Momoka died was because she transfered the fate of the people who were supposed to die in the train explosion/accident seeing as it was a bigger "transfer", there were greater consequences, i.e. death.
Oct 22, 2011 12:59 PM

Oct 2011
That is crazy stuff...
but in inteligent way

Oct 22, 2011 1:26 PM

Jun 2008
bendomolena said:
I think the reason Momoka died was because she transfered the fate of the people who were supposed to die in the train explosion/accident seeing as it was a bigger "transfer", there were greater consequences, i.e. death.

That's a big possibility. What makes me wonder is how her diary survived without a scratch if her body was never found, I assume she keeps her diary with her all the time. So maybe she did something to ensure the diary survived the bombing as well?

We know what the diary does, but not really how it's done. Does Momoka write the alternate fate in it and it comes true? If so, then there should be records about her saving Yuri, which means Ringo would've known Yuri's connection to Momoka. Unless maybe the entry disappears after it's written or something. Also, all the stuff in the diary about Momoka and Tabuki, was Momoka trying to change her fate so she ends up with Tabuki?
Oct 22, 2011 1:39 PM

Oct 2011
MapleRose said:
We know what the diary does, but not really how it's done. Does Momoka write the alternate fate in it and it comes true? If so, then there should be records about her saving Yuri, which means Ringo would've known Yuri's connection to Momoka. Unless maybe the entry disappears after it's written or something. Also, all the stuff in the diary about Momoka and Tabuki, was Momoka trying to change her fate so she ends up with Tabuki?

yes yes :)
because all things in diary are conected with her being with Tabuki!
so if she "cast a spell" on herself that would mean that she went to reality where she is with him, and wht remain is her recorded new fate.
I wait to the episode that will explain those wounds on his hand - I think that it may be conected.

And also this project M seems to be about regaining power to control destiny. But how? Ringo didn't seemd to be able to do so.
Oct 22, 2011 3:22 PM

Aug 2011
New OP is nice. Episode was good. Great overall presentation of past events.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
Oct 22, 2011 4:54 PM

Mar 2008
Project Momoka.
Oct 22, 2011 4:56 PM

Aug 2010
The new OP is awesome. I laughed a little when Shoma found out that Ringo was right next door.
Oct 22, 2011 6:29 PM

Jan 2011
prismheart said:
The new OP is awesome. I laughed a little when Shoma found out that Ringo was right next door.

+1
I lol'ed hard.
Oct 22, 2011 7:55 PM

Jun 2008
I almost shed tears.
I was raging at that you-know-who-jerk.

Great episode.
My Yuri don't you do anything foolish k. ;A;
Oct 22, 2011 8:17 PM
Oct 22, 2011 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
Gotta say Lily Hoshino is one of my favourite artists so seeing this at the end made my day.
Oct 22, 2011 11:42 PM

Feb 2010
wtf
Oct 23, 2011 12:45 AM

Nov 2007
somehow they made me feel bad for Yuri the potential rapist who was going to rape Ringo, who before was stalking and going to rape Tabuki. where was Tabuki anyway? I thought he might have been with Shoma.

seriously though Shoma being in the next room is WAY TOO COINCIDENTAL. then he was utterly useless, so I guess it didn't matter.

Sanetoshi is pretty creepy, but holy fuck what the hell was with Yuri's father? that guy was a total nutjob.

now I get the impression Momoka is somehow alive. while multiple people fight over this magical diary. where is Kanba getting that money? is everyone involved in a love triangle? even the penguins?!
Oct 23, 2011 5:54 AM

Oct 2011
mystik said:
seriously though Shoma being in the next room is WAY TOO COINCIDENTAL.

I think I'm willing to forgive this show for that. I mean, this show is about fate and destiny. Coincidences are bound to happen.
Oct 23, 2011 7:15 AM
Jun 2011
this show never ceases to amaze and molest.
Oct 23, 2011 8:20 AM

Feb 2011
pantyshots said:
mystik said:

I think I'm willing to forgive this show for that. I mean, this show is about fate and destiny. Coincidences are bound to happen.

I think Yuri did it on purpose somehow.
Oct 23, 2011 9:59 AM

Nov 2009
I thought the beginning was hilarious. So we finally get to see the Diaries true powers, and how Yuri managed to get involved in all this.
Oct 23, 2011 12:33 PM
Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
This is just a start up of my experience with the double mindfuck effect this episode caused. I shall start with the one that most mind screwed me in point format
Oct 23, 2011 1:01 PM

Jul 2009
what's that song called at the end
Oct 23, 2011 1:17 PM

Apr 2010
Kurogashi said:
what's that song called at the end

Gray Wednesday, sung by Triple-H.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 23, 2011 1:52 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode. Momoka sacrificed herself to save Yuri's fate. But I don't think she's actually dead.
Oct 23, 2011 2:46 PM

Apr 2011
Jesus tittyfucking christ not unlike the rest of the episodes this one's absolutely amazing in many ways.
Oct 23, 2011 3:29 PM

Sep 2009
I'm pretty surprised that people are actually like the newer episodes of this show. I guess I'll be in the minority on this one.
Oct 23, 2011 5:52 PM

Oct 2011
VASVISM said:
pantyshots said:
mystik said:

I think Yuri did it on purpose somehow.

possibly. yuri could've read it in the diary.
Oct 24, 2011 11:16 PM

Aug 2009
Dad of the year.
Oct 25, 2011 10:31 AM

Nov 2009
spigot said:
this show never ceases to amaze and molest.

this
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2011 2:47 PM

Nov 2009
this is one of the best shows I've ever seen .. I'm speechless
this episode almost made me cry .. this is what we call "masterpiece"
i've never seen something like mawaru in my whole life .. and I doubt that I will see any
Oct 25, 2011 3:51 PM

May 2008
AMAZING EPISODE!!!

need the next one!
Oct 25, 2011 6:04 PM

Mar 2008
Was I the only one who misinterpreted Shouma's friend for Tabuki at first? Why did I get the feeling that they look similar? And how much important to the story is that guy? I mean, so far all side, invaluable characters were replaced with those generic white human figures. The fact that this guy is properly drawn makes me think he might play a crucial part in the next episodes. What if he's Himari's destined one? xDDD
edit: but now that I think about it, there were also Kamba's girlfriends.. so perhaps this guy is not that big of a deal to the plot...

Tabuki's scars and the wounds one gets for using the diary... ahem... could it be related? I mean, could it be that Tabuki used the diary himself?

There's more to the episode title, that has been somewhat lost in translation. I'm totally convinced that it's another reference to the "Superfrog Saves Tokyo". And we've already seen that the frog is Ringo. LOL, made me laugh to see the frog eating the fly in front of the No.2. They really are such a couple xD
My question is though - who's the saviour? The frog, i.e. Ringo? Or rather... Momoka? Or could it be that Momoka is also a frog since she comes from the Oginome family? I mean, Takakura's children are all siblings -> all penguins. So Oginome's children are all frogs then, right?
In any case that's another +1 for possible foreshadowing of the saviour actions towards the world from Ringo's side.

Momoka being the PoC is shouting at us, BUT! If she really is.. WHY didn't she tell anything to Ringo about it? She did have a couple of chances to do that! And another question is... if Momoka is PoC.. then WHO's in Mario's hat? Who controls Mario?

Another question: how come No.2 was up and running while Shouma was off? Does it mean that he could still hear the fight? Oh... and the fact that Shouma ended up next room.. it might not be just convenient to the story.. at some point, I thought that perhaps Masako was able to make Shouma's friend win this ticket, so that Shouma would actually appear on stage? But that's a bit too much of guessing/planning from her side.. unless she was told to do so by Sanetoshi.. or unless Sanetoshi himself made that guy win such a prize and share it with Shouma.. OR... yet again.. perhaps that faceless friend will soon become another major character... we'll see...

I'm also quite impressed - saving Yuri from her mad dad.. kinda provoked the 95 accident. I mean that flying helicopter - exactly the same as the one Tabuki saw in his flashback in 1995 right during the bombing accident. It gave me a feeling that helicopters did not just bomb the subway, but also that enormous David tower... but then... if Yuri was saved by Momoka.. why does Yuri still have something wrong with her body? I'd expect that all physical wounds disappear from her body just like her father did... but it didn't happen.. why?

Finally, Momoka... the way she loved everything and everybody in this world... the way she saved people taking their pain instead... she's such a Jesus! She's such a Saviour of the world. She's such a Goddess. She's so much on the same level as Sanetoshi, yet completely opposed to his devil side. Perhaps, I wasn't the only one who noticed that reference, but it was so FABULOUS MAX!
soulelleOct 26, 2011 5:04 AM
Oct 26, 2011 12:24 AM

Jun 2011
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!
just when i thought i couldn't love this show anymore i end up LOVING IT EVEN MORE!
Oct 26, 2011 5:28 AM

Nov 2009
soulelle said:
Was I the only one who misinterpreted Shouma's friend for Tabuki at first? Why did I get the feeling that they look similar?

same here

soulelle said:

Finally, Momoka... the way she loved everything and everybody in this world... the way she saved people taking their pain instead... she's such a Jesus! She's such a Saviour of the world. She's such a Goddess. She's so much on the same level as Sanetoshi, yet completely opposed to his devil side. Perhaps, I wasn't the only one who noticed that reference, but it was so FABULOUS MAX!

yup, the reference is very clear
"savior of the world"
and how she got hurt ( even died as we will see later ? ) because of her saving other people and changing their lives
i think that even the diary refer to something but for now I will keep the thought to myself.
Oct 26, 2011 6:47 AM

Apr 2011
this mindblew me right after episode 14.
poor Yuri, I really despise that damn father of hers.

and I finally get to see Momoka, which leads to my next question..
isn't she the same girl who was running around in Sanetoshi's library?

/still mindblown
Oct 26, 2011 7:37 AM

Aug 2010
WoW
Oct 26, 2011 8:18 AM

Oct 2010
soulelle said:
I'm also quite impressed - saving Yuri from her mad dad.. kinda provoked the 95 accident. I mean that flying helicopter - exactly the same as the one Tabuki saw in his flashback in 1995 right during the bombing accident. It gave me a feeling that helicopters did not just bomb the subway, but also that enormous David tower... but then... if Yuri was saved by Momoka.. why does Yuri still have something wrong with her body? I'd expect that all physical wounds disappear from her body just like her father did... but it didn't happen.. why?
Think of Hellgirl. The person is sent to hell right away and you get cursed but if you have a knife cut from that person you sent to hell, even though you are wounded and that person was sent to hell, still does not remove that knife cut at all.

So if anything like Hellgirl, the diary only made Momoka pay up for saving Yuri not saving her and healing her.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RainbowMagnet - Oct 13, 2011

219 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 13 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Oct 10, 2011

48 by basskiller »»
May 17, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

217 by jumbosan »»
Apr 13, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Blackbird - Jul 14, 2011

176 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 11:17 PM

Poll: » Mawaru Penguindrum Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jul 7, 2011

351 by jumbosan »»
Apr 12, 10:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.