Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2014 5:01 PM
Jul 2013
Seeing these spoilers I'm glad I dropped this hahah everything is so meaningless LEL
Aug 11, 2014 5:02 PM

Apr 2008
dormantpsycho said:
Seeing these spoilers I'm glad I dropped this hahah everything is so meaningless LEL

And yet you are still here.
Aug 11, 2014 5:06 PM

Jul 2012
Well damn. I thought Sheele was a good character. This sucks :(
Aug 11, 2014 5:25 PM

Jan 2010
Forgetfulness said:
Darklight0303 said:
Exactly. But alas some people want things in big obvious neon leters to get it.
Except Sheele had a clean shot at cutting off Seryu's head before berserk Goro was even activated. There was basically no reason to keep her alive in a fight and "hurdur she's defenseless" is not an excuse

You Akame ga Kill defenders get awfully high and mighty trying to defend a mediocre show with legitimate flaws. If anyone needs things spelled out in neon lights, it's you

Preach on brother. If this anime is supposedly great, I guess there are no bad animes ever made.
Aug 11, 2014 6:05 PM

Nov 2008
i just couldn't believe it that sheele had to die....it was just too sad an episode. only the first half was awesome.

RIP Sheele

Aug 11, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2013
Yvese said:
It really doesn't matter at this point. You could argue Sheele could have just killed Seryuu with a quick slice to the head then rush to save Mine all in the same amount of time but the author chose not to.

It's easy as viewers to sit back and do your typical arm chairing that people just love to do, yet fail to realize that if they were in that situation they probably would have made the same mistake. People react based on impulse which is what Sheele did. At that point, Mine was the only thing on her mind and the whole "kill the user to stop the raging dog" never occurred to her anymore.

If you can sit here and say you've never acted on impulse that resulted in a mistake ( doesn't matter how big or small ) then you need to get out more and stop watching cartoons.
My thoughts exactly, althought smth comes to me right now: In the backstory with her friend,Sheele is depicted as someone that can be calm in extreme situations, but i guess the time she expend bonding with Night Raid made her relax.

Anyways,since i'm not really interested in the current discussion, i'm not gonna elaborate on this subject, still a awesome adaptation of a awesome manga.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 11, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2009
Yvese said:
It really doesn't matter at this point. You could argue Sheele could have just killed Seryuu with a quick slice to the head then rush to save Mine all in the same amount of time but the author chose not to.

It's easy as viewers to sit back and do your typical arm chairing that people just love to do, yet fail to realize that if they were in that situation they probably would have made the same mistake. People react based on impulse which is what Sheele did. At that point, Mine was the only thing on her mind and the whole "kill the user to stop the raging dog" never occurred to her anymore.

except, as some pointed out a few pages ago, sheele is not a normal person. her character is being an airhead irl, and turning into a skilled and cold blooded asssassin in battle. the whole thing still doesnt make sense, since they had no chance of defeating the dog, as pointed out in the sam episode. thats why sheele went after the psycho.

If you can sit here and say you've never acted on impulse that resulted in a mistake ( doesn't matter how big or small ) then you need to get out more and stop watching cartoons.

I fail to see what one thing has to do with the other.

Darklight0303 said:
Thorden said:
yes, if you kill Imperial arm/Teigu user it stops but it was never said that it stops instantly. On top of that Koro was in berserk mode which adds another question mark whether it would stop or not. It would probably still function because you know, if someone goes berserk they give zero fucks. So the safest bet to save Mine was the old fashioned way and thats what Sheele did. Also Seryuu seemed to be harmless at that point. No arms, no guns so Sheele could finish her off later after saving Mine. Just my two cents...

Exactly. But alas some people want things in big obvious neon leters to get it.

and it was never said that it doesnt stop instantly. berserk or not, a chain saw without someone to hold it cant cut trees. the fastest way to save mine was cut of the head of a girl without arms in 0.2 seconds and then go after the dog. even if the dog didn instantly ceased to work, time was of essence since justice girl called for reinforcements and fighting the dog is moot. seriously, i just can not see how letting justice girl live was a good move.
Aug 11, 2014 6:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Why is it that everytime I leave this thread for hours and come back, there is always something to make me cringe to no end lol

I can't take this crap anymore xD...Just let the haters hate people...There is no reasoning with them
Aug 11, 2014 6:48 PM

Dec 2013
Tokoya said:
Why is it that everytime I leave this thread for hours and come back, there is always something to make me cringe to no end lol

I can't take this crap anymore xD...Just let the haters hate people...There is no reasoning with them
+1
FragOutFire said:

Aug 11, 2014 6:48 PM

Apr 2008
Tokoya said:

My ignore list increases every time I visit this thread.
Aug 11, 2014 7:05 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
HiddenEL said:
I'm glad that episode started lightly (compared to what's to come after...)... princess carrying Tatsumi... (n˘v˘•)¬
There was no censoring at all indeed... Tatsumi cutting them into half like nothing. xD It must be the training from his Aniki (Bulat).

Tokoya said:
This is pretty much 95% of my reaction to when I read it in the manga....This is all that needs to be said
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o65GJzvC_So

Was good seeing my waifu at the end though

My biased feelings aside this episode was fucking amazing
5/5

I was pretty much having goosebumps for whole time...even though I knew what was going to happen in the end... tears were definitely rolling from my eyes...for some reason... so beautiful... There's still more things to come for Tatsumi though!

I was thinking about Sheele saving Mine in the first watch...but this helped me remind about the sequence of events.
(That Koro's roar.... (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ)

Laviose said:
Hmm.. Many people seem to be confused about Sheele's actions. From the anime's perspective, she should have killed Seryu before the berserk Koro crushes Mine to death. However this case is not true for the manga since there's little time interval between the activation of secret skill (after Seryu's hands were cut off) and Sheele's hearing being impaired by the echoing scream of Koro.
http://i36.mangareader.net/akame-ga-kiru/9/akame-ga-kiru-3317649.jpg
http://i40.mangareader.net/akame-ga-kiru/9/akame-ga-kiru-3317651.jpg
In fact, the manga later reveals that organism-based Teigu can continue to function for a short time despite its owner's demise. *No major spoilers allowed*
If Sheele chose to kill Seryu instead of rushing to rescue Mine, Mine would have been crushed to death by Koro despite getting its owner killed.
Hope this clears up some confusion :)
IKR, that video tho xDDDD

Forgetfulness said:
I like the part where all three of you disregard valid criticisms in favor of ad hominems.

And we're supposed to take the manga readers seriously lmao

>Valid criticism

It's also funny how all of you guys' "valid" criticism has been addressed many times over, yet no one seems to comprehend what they're reading lol

Read this and be amazed
Yvese said:

Darklight0303 said:
Tokoya said:

My ignore list increases every time I visit this thread.
I don't blame you at this point lol I'm considering doing the same
TokoyaAug 11, 2014 7:13 PM
Aug 11, 2014 7:14 PM

May 2009
jonnyhan said:
Forgetfulness said:
Except Sheele had a clean shot at cutting off Seryu's head before berserk Goro was even activated. There was basically no reason to keep her alive in a fight and "hurdur she's defenseless" is not an excuse

You Akame ga Kill defenders get awfully high and mighty trying to defend a mediocre show with legitimate flaws. If anyone needs things spelled out in neon lights, it's you

Preach on brother. If this anime is supposedly great, I guess there are no bad animes ever made.

/out
Aug 11, 2014 7:28 PM

Jun 2013
Well........... That was depressing.
Aug 11, 2014 7:32 PM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:
HiddenEL said:
It's also funny how all of you guys' "valid" criticism has been addressed many times over, yet no one seems to comprehend what they're reading lol

Read this and be amazed

Her actions went against her character traits, and that's where the criticisms come from. And that's what her actions should be based upon, since it was so strongly conceived in the previous episode.

And that is why this try at a "shocking death" fails. Since Sheele is underdeveloped for lack of time, you could claim she could have done literally anything in that situation just to justify her death.

Either a plot hole by being against her character or not by acting on impulse, her death feels meaningless because it was easily avoided and her character didn't leave an impact.

That is where the criticism comes from. Just because you don't like it it doesn't stop being valid.

Now you could claim people are overthinking it, but at least they aren't using headcannons of "you didn't know what was going on in her head" instead of the actual information directly given by the show. Some people (including me, I don't deny) like to analyse and think through things in the shows they watch. Myself I distinguish between shows I should just lay back and enjoy, and shows which I try to think things through. When I came upon AgK I was expecting the latter, given the overall serious tone.

Now I'm not saying it is a bad show, I'm just disappointed it doesn't fall into the category I was initially hoping it would be in. The category where people can come together and discuss possibilities and so on.

And then I get here and all I see is personal insults poorly disguised as arguments coming from both sides of the fence, instead of discussing only about the show. Surely yall are above this. Come on. Maybe I'm just putting too much faith in this community, as I don't post here all that often.
Aug 11, 2014 7:33 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Tokoya said:
>Valid criticism

Read this and be amazed
Easy. Sheele had plenty of time to slice Seryu's head off before Goro went berserk. Yes, that was before Mine was even captured

There is no "oh no the stress of the situation got to me so I made the wrong choice", it's "hurdurrrr plot-induced stupidity for too long hurdurrr....Oh shit I'm in a pinch! What do I do? What do I do?"

Try thinking with your brain and not with your ass....and be amazed!

>Many opportunities

oh my how we're making things up now to try and get a point accross xD

There was only 1 opportunity and it has been addressed MANY TIMES....You just refuse to accept it because you have some compulsive disorder to bash this series over nothing at all

The only legitimate criticism that I can agree with that I've been seeing is that Schere didn't have that much development so feeling for her death would be hard unless you're like most people whereas that last episode/chapter was enough to make you fall in love with her
Aug 11, 2014 7:37 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
SergioSource said:
Tokoya said:

Her actions went against her character traits, and that's where the criticisms come from. And that's what her actions should be based upon, since it was so strongly conceived in the previous episode.

And that is why this try at a "shocking death" fails. Since Sheele is underdeveloped for lack of time, you could claim she could have done literally anything in that situation just to justify her death.

Either a plot hole by being against her character or not by acting on impulse, her death feels meaningless because it was easily avoided and her character didn't leave an impact.

That is where the criticism comes from. Just because you don't like it it doesn't stop being valid.

Now you could claim people are overthinking it, but at least they aren't using headcannons of "you didn't know what was going on in her head" instead of the actual information directly given by the show. Some people (including me, I don't deny) like to analyse and think through things in the shows they watch. Myself I distinguish between shows I should just lay back and enjoy, and shows which I try to think things through. When I came upon AgK I was expecting the latter, given the overall serious tone.

Now I'm not saying it is a bad show, I'm just disappointed it doesn't fall into the category I was initially hoping it would be in. The category where people can come together and discuss possibilities and so on.

And then I get here and all I see is personal insults poorly disguised as arguments coming from both sides of the fence, instead of discussing only about the show. Surely yall are above this. Come on. Maybe I'm just putting too much faith in this community, as I don't post here all that often.
Eh? Schere was the most caring person in the group lol....And I dunno how any of you guys didn't realize this by now, but everyone in Night Raid are like family to each other....I dare anyone to come here and lie and say that if they had to decide between saving your close friends' life and killing an enemy they'd chose the latter

Clearly you've been watching the wrong anime lol....No offense to you btw
TokoyaAug 11, 2014 7:41 PM
Aug 11, 2014 7:41 PM

Feb 2012
Why are you people arguing the logistics of the plot when that really isn't the worst thing about this pile of mediocrity?

That whole sequence of events post-death felt cheap and unwarranted. Like, we hastily got told Sheele's background a whole ONE episode ago. Was there a point to her character other than to gather sympathy?
Aug 11, 2014 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
Tokoya said:

Please don't spoil besides answering my question, as it seems you read the manga, but am I to assume Night Raid aren't as good as they made us believe? Considering they're a team of ruthless assassin's hand picked to save the country/empire/thing, you'd assume they'd be more efficient. Did they get picked mainly for their attunement with the Imperial Arms?
Aug 11, 2014 7:55 PM
Oct 2013
R.I.P Shelee.

lol at some of who find flaws in every series they watch.
Some of them are just attention whores. Some.
They have their opinion. That's it and just leave them be.

Don't waste your time debating with them cause they won't understand. Let's just discuss with the people who loves the series. :)
Aug 11, 2014 7:58 PM

Oct 2013

These ridiculous anime expressions are so bad they could legitimately ruin the show. There were so damn many in this episode alone, omfg.

The episode was great, but I'm not very empathetic towards Sheele's death. Yeah, I was starting to like her after the last episode, but she wasn't given nearly enough screen time OR development to make this a sob-worthy episode like most character deaths are for me. Despite that, I'm shocked a main character was killed off this early on. That's a major sign that more main characters are going to be killed off later on; hopefully after they receive significantly more development, so I actually feel heartbroken over it.

Oh well. Regardless, those dumb as shit psycho-anger expressions need to gooooooo.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 11, 2014 8:01 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Tokoya said:

>Many opportunities

oh my how we're making things up now to try and get a point accross xD

There was only 1 opportunity and it has been addressed MANY TIMES....You just refuse to accept it because you have some compulsive disorder to bash this series over nothing at all

The only legitimate criticism that I can agree with that I've been seeing is that Schere didn't have that much development so feeling for her death would be hard unless you're like most people whereas that last episode/chapter was enough to make you fall in love with her
Yes, there wasn't a whole 50 seconds between when Scheele disarmed Seryu (pun intended) and when they were stunned by the roar.

Excuse me, let me just wipe the shit out of my eyes because cutting hands and running over to Goro takes a mere few seconds but apparently 50 seconds must not be enough to cut off her head.
You are unbelievable lol....Your argument holds zero weight whatsoever and this is what you respond with.....LMFAO

Oh my goodness, your extremely biased hate gets more and more blatant everytime you post xDD

There wasn't 50 seconds in between anything, the entire argument surrounding that ONE chance to kill her (And it was the only chance at that) has been debunked many times over and you're repeating the same shit over and over except now you're making shit up....

Forgetfulness said:
Also, I said "plenty of time", not "many opportunities"

"Oh my how we're making things up now to try to get a point across ECKSDEE"
Both of those essentially means the same thing, I just worded it different lol

Either way, after reading this post, I have officially began to stop taking you seriously :)

EDIT: I could have sworn that you said *times* Either way that has been debunked many times too lol

SergioSource said:
Tokoya said:

Please don't spoil besides answering my question, as it seems you read the manga, but am I to assume Night Raid aren't as good as they made us believe? Considering they're a team of ruthless assassin's hand picked to save the country/empire/thing, you'd assume they'd be more efficient. Did they get picked mainly for their attunement with the Imperial Arms?
Uhm.....They are that good but there are other people that are that good as well....Zank and Seryu are only the beginning

And I'm not sure how to answer this last part but they all came from the Revolutionary Army and were just chosen or volunteered to be apart of the group....I think most of them got their Teigu prior to joining the group...
TokoyaAug 11, 2014 8:06 PM
Aug 11, 2014 8:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Tokoya said:
You are unbelievable lol....Your argument hold zero weight whatsoever and this is what you respond with.....

Oh my goodness, your hate gets more and more blatant everytime you post xDD

There wasn't 50 seconds in between anything, the entire argument surrounding that ONE chance to kill her (And it was the only chance at that) has been debunked many times over and you're repeating the same shit over and over except now you're making shit up....
Arm cutting scene: 12:25
Roar starts: 13:15
That is indeed 50 seconds if you know how to math

Regardless, I don't "hate" on the show. If you look back at my comments when I first watched the episode, I said that I thought the montage of Night Raid pictures while Sheele was dying was nice and made her death at least a little bit sad.
I just don't disregard legitimate flaws because I'm blinded with how great the manga like many people on this forum are

Show me a quote where it was debunked then. 50 whole seconds of pressure-free time for a "professional killer" to slice Seryu's head off...this must be one hell of an excuse
Both of those essentially means the same thing, I just worded it different lol

Either way, after reading this post, I have officially began to stop taking you seriously :)
Oh really? It means the same thing?
I guess we can see that from this quote
There was only 1 opportunity and it has been addressed MANY TIMES....

And you don't have to worry about taking me seriously. After all, it's because of fans like you that Akame ga Kill is the laughingstock anime of the season which is insanely apparent in Anime Discussion board

1. It happened at 12:39....Nice try though

2. To refer back to the post of @Yvese....During this moment, the bitch screamed for her dog to go Berserker mode....The dog was already a pain in the ass and her close friend was literally in front on the thing...You mean to tell me that you wouldn't pause to see what the fuck was going on/about to happen? Especially if you know the definition of the word "Besrerk"? And even if you lie and say no, people have addressed the Organism based Teigu thing and other stuff over and over again so I'm not going to bother repeating it

3. If you say so xD

4. Everyone who responded to you or indirectly responded to you lol

5. I edited the post before seeing your new one...Check it out

6. Yeah okay....Like I said, there is only one legitimate criticism about this episode and quite frankly, yours isn't one of them

All of you butthurt people can use the same old line about us manga readers ba bla bla, but the fact of the matter is, you guys' attemps to nitpick are just so flawed it's laughable, hence why you guys piss so many people off, kthnxbai x''DD
Aug 11, 2014 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
Time in anime moves differently than time in real life. I thought DBZ taught us this as kids.

@ Episode - I really have to wonder what Mine is doing in Night Raid though. This isn't criticism but rather speculation as she seems like a regular person who just happened to get good with an Imperial Arm. Like just take her gun away and you could throw her into Toradora.
Aug 11, 2014 8:26 PM
Nov 2013
I was gonna catch up on the rest of my anime tonight because I've fallen so behind...
...but anything else would look worse by comparison after this episode
Aug 11, 2014 8:27 PM

Nov 2012
Well, this episode managed to be so stupid it was funny. +1 score
This is the second coming of Mars of Destruction
Aug 11, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2010
I love this episode ,but then once Shelee died my favorite character ,I was in utter pain and sorrow
Nooooooooooo
I cried like Mine T ^ T

Ahhhhhhhhhh !!!
Note have not read the manga
So I am devastated
Aug 11, 2014 8:32 PM
Jun 2013
good art with manga for this ep

Aug 11, 2014 8:33 PM

Apr 2014
Lost412151145 said:
good art

Seryuu is still fucked up in many ways...
shit...dat creepy smile...
Aug 11, 2014 8:34 PM

Dec 2013
@Lost The best art i've ever seen in a manga
FragOutFire said:

Aug 11, 2014 8:38 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my god the feels! Saddest episode of Akame ga Kill so far.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 11, 2014 8:38 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
@Tokoya

1. Ah my bad then. 12:25 was the point at which Seryu stopped attacking, but yeah I said that wrong.
Regardless, that cut to her arm-guns could have went straight for the head and bam, the job is done.

2. lmao I already debunked this. There was enough time to cut off her head before "berserk mode" was activated; I just provided an example of when she could have done this up there ^ in point 1. If it was always on berserk, you would have a point but no, Sheele had a clean shot with no pressure. There was no reason for her to aim for the wrong spot or suddenly stop
Sheele literally went for the wrong spot and stood there doing nothing until it was too late because of plot induced stupidity

I see.....But I think it's kind of obvious that she did that to prevent another surprise attack just in case

And I think this also factors into the reason as to why she left Seryu without a second thought....Her having a gun in her throat is completely unexpected because as far as us waters/readers/Schere knew, Seryu was pretty much done
Aug 11, 2014 8:43 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lost412151145 said:
good art with manga for this ep

Part of me kinda wishes that they showed this much detail in regards to the body parts for this anime xDD
Aug 11, 2014 8:47 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Tokoya said:
I see.....But I think it's kind of obvious that she did that to prevent another surprise attack just in case
Killing her straight off would have "prevented another surprise attack" as well.
And I think this also factors into the reason as to why she left Seryu without a second thought....Her having a gun in her throat is completely unexpected because as far as us waters/readers/Schere knew, Seryu was pretty much done
But they're supposed to be professional killers. In an earlier episode Akame makes Tatsuya strip just to check for a potential scratch, yet they take risks like that? They shouldn't really expect anything in a fight

And also again, killing Seryu would have stopped the Imperial Arms (at least, to their knowledge it would) so there was no reason not to

I see your point, however, what Schere did was just being cautious (Which is essentially the same as your Akame example) and naturally anyone would think that if they did that someone, said person would be done and cannot retaliate.....That throat gun was completely random and unexpected....Plus to be fair, she was going for the kill but as I stated earlier...Berseker Mode happened and you know the rest
Aug 11, 2014 8:54 PM

Nov 2008
i don't post much anymore but after reading this thread made me lol too much to keep my thoughts to myself.

personally, if i enjoy a anime I watch it to enjoy it, or else i drop or put it on hold. i don't really watch a anime to pick out every plot hole and then go on the forums to argue over pointless minor issues that don't make a difference or even matters.

but this Sheele thing is just so stupid it's funny. personally i could care less but I will argue for the director.

1. Sheele's first thought after attacking was that, damn not only does that chick have a psycho pet dog, she is quite strong herself and I really couldn't cut her since she blocked all my blocks.

2. Even after tripping over a rock, Seryuu was able to prevent a death blow by sacrificing her arms. Sheele acknowledged that. and when she cut again, we saw her cut off the guns. some assumed that Sheele went out of character to cut off the guns instead of a death blow, but I could also assume that seryuu was able to dodge again and the director simply thought we are smart enough and they don't have to explain it every single time and have Sheele say stuff like "oh shit she protected her vital again" 20 times in the fight.

3. 50 seconds in anime is not 50 seconds in reality. there is something called "dramatic affect". obviously the director just want you to feel the intensity and the emotion of the moment and slowed down the anime time to give you enough time to processes all the information and add to the suspense. I thought that was pretty obvious but guess just like some people can't tell when someone is been sarcastic, some takes everything literally when trying to prove a point.

4. since Sheele is a professional killer with skills that you don't have, she was able to tell that when doggie went berserk, she had 2 seconds to save mine or else she will be crushed. and she also know Seryuu is strong and a psycho and will do everything in her power to avoid her vital getting sliced and 2 seconds is not enough time to kill her.

When we add everything together we conclude that because Sheele is very skilled and loved her friend. she realized that she couldn't kill Seryuu before Mine gets crushed and since Seryuu is already supposedly out of combat ability, Sheele went for doggie to save her friend's life and the psycho still had one trick left that was a gun in her mouth.

Even the scene after proved that Sheele made the right choice if she valued Mine's life over her own. just like when doggie ripped her in half, she was still alive long enough to use her scissors to let Mine escape. do you really think Seryuu would just drop dead after getting sliced with her "justice" and berserker doggie would just go poop and Mine would live?

but then again, If i want, I could spin it any other which way I like to make a "plot hole" and spend hours arguing over pointless things when I could go watch more anime.
hi
Aug 11, 2014 9:08 PM

Nov 2012
T3hSource said:
Madoka spoilers

edit: misread your post, oh well, ignore the spoiler.

Sheele's death would be better had they cut all the music and theather flashback emotional attempt bullshit, specially if this anime wants its audience to take it seriously instead of looking like a parody.
MomonoAug 11, 2014 9:12 PM
Aug 11, 2014 10:02 PM

Apr 2009
Sheele.. :'( :'( :'(
Aug 11, 2014 10:18 PM

Feb 2011
Aaaand... there goes my favotrite character. Damn.
Aug 11, 2014 11:07 PM

Mar 2014
kenshin322 said:
i don't post much anymore but after reading this thread made me lol too much to keep my thoughts to myself.

personally, if i enjoy a anime I watch it to enjoy it, or else i drop or put it on hold. i don't really watch a anime to pick out every plot hole and then go on the forums to argue over pointless minor issues that don't make a difference or even matters.

but this Sheele thing is just so stupid it's funny. personally i could care less but I will argue for the director.

1. Sheele's first thought after attacking was that, damn not only does that chick have a psycho pet dog, she is quite strong herself and I really couldn't cut her since she blocked all my blocks.

2. Even after tripping over a rock, Seryuu was able to prevent a death blow by sacrificing her arms. Sheele acknowledged that. and when she cut again, we saw her cut off the guns. some assumed that Sheele went out of character to cut off the guns instead of a death blow, but I could also assume that seryuu was able to dodge again and the director simply thought we are smart enough and they don't have to explain it every single time and have Sheele say stuff like "oh shit she protected her vital again" 20 times in the fight.

3. 50 seconds in anime is not 50 seconds in reality. there is something called "dramatic affect". obviously the director just want you to feel the intensity and the emotion of the moment and slowed down the anime time to give you enough time to processes all the information and add to the suspense. I thought that was pretty obvious but guess just like some people can't tell when someone is been sarcastic, some takes everything literally when trying to prove a point.

4. since Sheele is a professional killer with skills that you don't have, she was able to tell that when doggie went berserk, she had 2 seconds to save mine or else she will be crushed. and she also know Seryuu is strong and a psycho and will do everything in her power to avoid her vital getting sliced and 2 seconds is not enough time to kill her.

When we add everything together we conclude that because Sheele is very skilled and loved her friend. she realized that she couldn't kill Seryuu before Mine gets crushed and since Seryuu is already supposedly out of combat ability, Sheele went for doggie to save her friend's life and the psycho still had one trick left that was a gun in her mouth.

Even the scene after proved that Sheele made the right choice if she valued Mine's life over her own. just like when doggie ripped her in half, she was still alive long enough to use her scissors to let Mine escape. do you really think Seryuu would just drop dead after getting sliced with her "justice" and berserker doggie would just go poop and Mine would live?

but then again, If i want, I could spin it any other which way I like to make a "plot hole" and spend hours arguing over pointless things when I could go watch more anime.

Very good observation, i would sugest to all those stupid commentators who only see flaws in this anime STFU, just drop this anime if u dont want to, or just read the manga, because its the author who wrote the story okay? go comment on the manga thread if you like or just shut up cause you cant do anything about whats going to happen even if you rant here idiots cause thats whats the author wants....... well on my personal obsrvation this anime is becoming really good, and again very well adapted episode by Whitefox, i personally think this is one of the best anime's this season 8.5/10 :)
Kuro_masterAug 11, 2014 11:16 PM
Aug 11, 2014 11:27 PM

Nov 2007
The best and the most emotional episode of the season. Cannot believe Sheele had such an ending written for her. Now I know there could be more deaths in the next 20 episodes. But it still hurts to think she is gone. ;_;
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 11, 2014 11:30 PM

May 2012
That Seryuu girl have completely different personality than the previous episode.

Anyway, this episode is the best episode so far.
Aug 11, 2014 11:48 PM

Feb 2012
You're lying to yourself if you don't think this show (or manga, since it's been adapted faithfully) is a giant hunk of doodoo with a cherry on top.

It's entertaining sure, but it's still doodoo in the end.
Aug 12, 2014 1:18 AM

Dec 2007
Wow. So much arguing over trivial details. Sasuga, myanimelist. But kenshin322 said everything there is to say about that.

I love this show at this point, but i would agree it has a lot of faults. The characterization kinda sucks for most characters, and Sheele was the worst one. Instead of post death, tear jerking flashbacks, how about we could have focused on her a bit earlier (and i would ask to make her more realistic, but hey, this is anime) and have her death be more genuinely impactful? Maybe the author wanted to ease us into the dying by killing off the least interesting character first, idunno.

One of the best parts about this show is also one of the dumbest. "When two imperial arms clash, someone must die." How is this rule enforced exactly? What is it that stops the combatants from just fleeing, or what if the area is suddenly filled with a sleep inducing gas or whatever? I guess you could just say "Magic. *snort* *snort*" but that's a very specific thing you're explaing away with a sweeping statement. But while it is just a stupid excuse, it is an excuse to avoid boring storytelling. Someone has to die in every important fight? I'm down for that, whatever the excuse.

My favourite part about this show is still the fighting itself. The choreography and the animation is superb. Aside from the fast, repeated attacks (a shounen obligatory), the combat is very smooth and free flowing. I wish we could have gotten that in Katanagatari. Which was also animated by White Fox. Weird.

I'm stoked about this being 2 cour. I'm not stoked about the manga still publishing. Stupid anime industry that can't adapt complete stories. Maybe they'll follow up with finishing seasons later, but that sounds dreamy.
Aug 12, 2014 1:20 AM
Jun 2013
Wow, manga readers are usually pretty bad, but AgK's seem to be the worst.

Just because someone doesn't like a show/scene, or points out flaws, doesn't make them a troll or hater. And please, stop spoiling the show. Even things like "big surprise for anime watchers next week" has no purpose other than to boost your own ego and announce to everyone else that you're in the "know". Even small things like that can ruin the enjoyment for other people.
Aug 12, 2014 1:21 AM

Oct 2013
[sarcasm]I'm shocked by what happened this episode! I never expected someone was going to die! At all! I mean, the manga readers have their mouths sealed so you can't expect them to give hints at the upcoming episode. Oh the feels! I'm going to cry a river now.[/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, this episode was pretty decent I guess. They said that this episode is where shit gets real but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The first half was pretty meh. Just another villain of the week although the fight with Seryu was the highlight of the episode.
That puppy teigu is better off being a cute little puppy rather done a monstrous dog that eats people. Esdeath is finally is the capital. Next episode looks like we have new villains.
Aug 12, 2014 1:40 AM

Apr 2014
Rip sheele
you wont be missed and never remembered for the rest of the episodes.
Aug 12, 2014 1:47 AM

May 2009
VicenteJor12 said:
Quality moments:

HORRIBLE ANIMATION White Fox! HORRIBLE ANIMATIOOON!

1. It's called QUALITY, not quality, you dumbass.
2. They aren't even animated. Static characters in far away barely qualifies as QUALITY.
bastek66Aug 12, 2014 2:19 AM
Aug 12, 2014 1:52 AM

Dec 2013
I knew this. People are so retarded.
#301-> Scheele died -> #292 lol
edgy kids
AizixAug 12, 2014 1:56 AM
Aug 12, 2014 3:20 AM

Nov 2013
Kyouraku-san said:
edgy kids

Good action-episode, I think.
Aug 12, 2014 3:43 AM

May 2013
Kyouraku-san said:
edgy kids

It's because of Justice-chan.
Aug 12, 2014 5:34 AM

Feb 2014
Wow that was a good episode! Poor Sheele, but she gave her life to save Mine's life. That battle was pretty intense between them and that Coro is dangerous. Tatsumi lost it for a minute, but that guy was right he knew that joining Night Raid meant anyone could die at any moment. I feel for him but revenge isn't the way to go. Seryu will get hers I'm sure. Now she has returned to to captial??? Oh shit, it is about to get real now. Can't wait for the next one!
Pages (19) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

2 by Shizuna »»
Jun 28, 7:03 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1212 by Zoopiez »»
Jun 8, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.