Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Aug 19, 2013 8:54 PM

Feb 2012
You know, i really think the Producers messed this up. I didn't even GET that this last scene was meant to be ambiguous. If they would have done the kiss on the lips, i at least would have got that.

Knowing that it was meant to be ambiguous by the author still does not take away any of my frustration, rather it adds to it:

I don't have anything against the ending how it was meant to be. I even think this is a really great idea by the author on how to end the story. And it doesn't even bother me that Kyousuke didn't choose any of my Favourites. (the title made it kinda obvious)
BUT, the way how they showed it, was just horrible. There is literally nothing that suggested that they would resolve it like this. Everything was set up like they would go "all in" for it towards the end. All this drama with the other girls feels completely wasted the second they say "oh yeah let's end this now" (and continue it secretly - which a regular viewer like me didn't even get at first).

Or to shorten it: They've built it up making me believe there will be an unrealistic end, but in the end they made a realistic one, not clear enough and way too short, leaving me truly shocked for a bit. And i can understand the people raging about it.
I mean i seriously expected there would be a resolution like "everything has been a dream" or "oh we're not blood related after all". This would have been horrible story-wise, but atleast it would have been in the flow of the set-up...

Now what we have? An ending that leads everybody to think that their favourite characters love for Kyousuke was wasted for just a few weeks with his sister. And maybe some Kirino-Fans are mad too, thinking "that's it? they won't continue?".

Horrible direction? I don't know, but i feel like there is wasted potential. They should have made it much clearer that the end would be ambiguous.

Oh, and i gotta say this...Kyousuke really must be the most pathetic male lead character in a romantic anime ever! :C
Aug 19, 2013 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
Kyousuke becomes less pathetic if the author's intent is as indicated in the exchange at the panel quoted above. Remember the anime became a runaway hit prior to the ending of LN being written and published. Based on the newly restrictive laws in Japan regarding anime and manga, we're back to presenting ideas in code because to do otherwise would create problems for the producing company and sales. The ending is what the producers intended. It is more ambiguous than the author intended, even though the author probably originally would have written the final chapter somewhat differently and would have clarified things even further. Knowing that the kiss was supposed to be on the lips based on the author's comments should settle the debate over what he intended us to understand was the ending--and which girl Kyousuke ends up with. If he ends up with nobody he is pathetic--if he ends up with Kirino (despite the impossibility of actually showing that ending for a show with this investment and commercial expectations in Japan today) he is a brave man for seeing his love to the end.

But despite all that: I still think they should add Kuroneko and at least have a plural marriage...she is the best girl after all and she is the only rejected girl that Kyousuke has flashbacks about.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 19, 2013 11:28 PM

Sep 2011
It is so great then a show starts out great and in the end turn out to be a pile of crap. I hope this anime never comes back again.
Aug 20, 2013 12:08 AM

Sep 2008
It was very satisfying to see Manami getting punched in the face and Kirino rubbing in the fact that her and Kyousuke were dating.

Kyousuke saying "Every one of them was too good for me." was pretty much spot on. Good to see him say it.

In the end, they didn't even take the incest route. I guess this anime is too afraid to take the incest any further and decides to be generic garbage till the very end.

What a bloody waste of time this whole anime has been.
Aug 20, 2013 12:12 AM
Jul 2013
I see the parallels some people were drawing between incest and homosexuality. What Manami was saying is exactly , and I mean EXACTLY what the anti-gay crowd preaches. This show was bold, but in trying to do so, it lost some overall quality, I think.
Aug 20, 2013 3:24 AM

May 2007
Sleeps said:

People like you always seem to think it's about shipping, and that people who didn't like it don't have legit reasons, other than their waifu not being chosen...

Maybe YOU (and the majority actually) watch anime just to "ship", but the story itself was just bad as hell. Three rejections crammed into 3 episodes, it's like a bucket list or something... Not to mention they don't have the balls to continue the whole incest thingy. I wouldn't like it if they really were together, but then it would at least be consistent.

It's a huge joke, the anime deals with a huge identity crisis and doesn't know it's an ecchi siscon anime or a real drama, but tries to be both.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2013 5:18 AM

Dec 2012
Lol, don't get why people hate the ending or more precisely the last 5 minutes or so. The kiss and everything was great but their relationship was not realistic. It was the best decision for both of them, despite lingering feelings for each other as witnessed towards the end. I do love them though!

7/10 for the specials!
Aug 20, 2013 6:52 AM

Apr 2010
May as well not date if you're just going to separate after graduation. So fucking dumb.

Horrible ending.
Aug 20, 2013 7:03 AM

Apr 2010
Solkiskey said:
May as well not date if you're just going to separate after graduation. So fucking dumb.

Horrible ending.

^This.

He basically broke the other girls hearts for doing this shit. Dumbest plot idea ever, seriously....
Aug 20, 2013 7:30 AM

Apr 2008
Saishuni said:
You know, i really think the Producers messed this up. I didn't even GET that this last scene was meant to be ambiguous. If they would have done the kiss on the lips, i at least would have got that.

Knowing that it was meant to be ambiguous by the author still does not take away any of my frustration, rather it adds to it:

I don't have anything against the ending how it was meant to be. I even think this is a really great idea by the author on how to end the story. And it doesn't even bother me that Kyousuke didn't choose any of my Favourites. (the title made it kinda obvious)
BUT, the way how they showed it, was just horrible. There is literally nothing that suggested that they would resolve it like this. Everything was set up like they would go "all in" for it towards the end. All this drama with the other girls feels completely wasted the second they say "oh yeah let's end this now" (and continue it secretly - which a regular viewer like me didn't even get at first).

Or to shorten it: They've built it up making me believe there will be an unrealistic end, but in the end they made a realistic one, not clear enough and way too short, leaving me truly shocked for a bit. And i can understand the people raging about it.
I mean i seriously expected there would be a resolution like "everything has been a dream" or "oh we're not blood related after all". This would have been horrible story-wise, but atleast it would have been in the flow of the set-up...

Now what we have? An ending that leads everybody to think that their favourite characters love for Kyousuke was wasted for just a few weeks with his sister. And maybe some Kirino-Fans are mad too, thinking "that's it? they won't continue?".

I'm totally with you! I hoped for a Kuroneko-ending, but I was okay with a Kirino-ending, too. After Kyousuke broke the hearts of almost every girl in the show, I wanted Kyousuke to end up together with Kirino in a clear "straight-in-the-face" way, but It didn't happen. Maybe because of the publisher or the producer. I don't know. But I know that the ending left me in the first moment really angry.

Silaqui
Aug 20, 2013 8:09 AM

Jun 2013
Disgruntled fanboy tears are the best tears.
Aug 20, 2013 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Solkiskey said:

Horrible ending.

They basicly made Koysakas into some perverts who jsut want to screw each other for a while to enjoy forbiden incest thrill, then walk awayfrom it without consequences.

personaly i just ignore the part after their pseudo-wedding and threat it as some sort of their projection of the future, instead of the actual future. Weird story narration in this part also implyes that this aint reality.

The way I feel Oreimo ended is they confesed their feelings to each other and aknowladged each other, to later live togheter in secret relationship, awere of the fact that they cannont openly display their love in front of family and the whole world.
The reasonalbe ending.
Aug 20, 2013 10:05 AM

May 2010
they had to go there... at first i was like, ight cool incest what they went there he drop everyone else for her do you my dude..... then the fight i was like damn they getting it in, kinda pointless but whatever let it rock..... then the ending came, wtf it was all good till the end came, wtf was the point just up and bounce like that after letting everyone know, that a bitch move my nigga shit was look mad sus just saying.

overall i like the series been watching it for 2 season till the end, just didnt like the last couple episode IE these, "true ending" kinda feel like it was done in poor taste wasnt done in some aspect that i would have like to seen

Not mad or sad, just disappointing ending for me.

and Solvite i feel ya bro

now to sit and wait for the rage ahahaha
Aug 20, 2013 10:09 AM

Jan 2012
Satisfied, it's canon biatches!

Kekeke. Loved the ending, loved Kirino, loved OreImo.
Aug 20, 2013 10:18 AM
Oct 2011
Aug 20, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2012
Words of wisdom:

"incest for the win"
yeah

right

incest for the win
Aug 20, 2013 11:52 AM

Mar 2013
Im a bit sad.. that's over =l
Aug 20, 2013 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL!!!!!

T__________________________T

Goodbye to this series and I will remember it forever
Aug 20, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2009
People in denial FTW.

kirino x kyousuke forever and ever.
Aug 20, 2013 3:05 PM
Jul 2013
Return to be normal siblings.

A girl addicted to games erotic of sisters and a Siscon.

alright...

Incest for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 20, 2013 4:22 PM
Oct 2011
Aug 20, 2013 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
fackifiknow said:
Disgruntled fanboy tears are the best tears.

So are the tears of the people actually thinking this was a good ending, and then trying to give us reason why it was. Of course, the reasons the people give are a bunch of bullcrap and doesn't help their cause to justify this shit of an ending.

TL;DR It gave half the people cancer. Image above.
Aug 20, 2013 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
At first.... i really thought they are really gonna be incest.....
but they're not... sh*t..
Aug 20, 2013 7:37 PM

Mar 2009
diamondketo said:
You all need to watch Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.

Learn some Realism. I thought the ending was fine. It wasn't the greatest. I agree with most of you that I rather have Kyousuke take atleast one of the girls (Kuro or Kirino). Then have all the characters be fine with it. But the author took this into matters of real life. Look into the real message.

In the end he kissed her. You can see they still have some affection. You can guess what is going to happen next.

Episode 14: 10/10
Episode 15: 8/10
Cat Fight Scene: 4/10
Episode 16: 9/10

This is exactly it. They knew they couldn't have their relationship in front of everyone so they broke it off. There was heavy foreshadowing that says otherwise though. The author probably felt large pressure from the media. Who can blame him? The show is popular...
Aug 20, 2013 11:11 PM

Aug 2010
So looks like they realized that it won't work out between them. Kyousuke is screwed now. Pretty sure none of the girls will accept him after he rejected them. Looks like a lot of people are hating on these OVA's but I found them to be good. This series was an enjoyable ride and it has now come to an end.

7/10 for the last 3 episodes.
Aug 21, 2013 12:08 AM

Jun 2012
....well that was unfulfilling
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Aug 21, 2013 12:26 AM
Aug 2013
I'd like to remind folks that nobody, not even their friends in Otaku Girls Unite! know about Kirino & Kyousuke's secret: That is to break-up after Kyousuke's graduation.

That means all their close & trusted friends are still thinking that they are a couple.
Aug 21, 2013 12:37 AM

May 2010
Stark700 said:

That's right Manami, get mad. Manami vs. Kirino. Oh god, I've been waiting for this shit. I feel somewhat sorry for Manami though. Incest ftw lol

Oh damn it happened:

Oh man they really did it huh !?

Well they are not my best couple in Oreimo (Kuroneko is my favorite ^^) but I don't really care how the story ended up anyway
Aug 21, 2013 1:52 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't mind the incest route and was looking forward to how they will end up together, but they just broke it off and Kyou did all that for nothing? If they were gonna go that route they should have went all the way.

Honestly disappointed and terrible execution of ending the series. I still enjoyed the series overall and definitely the ep. itself except for the last few min. I just disliked the ending.

Still, even with the bad ending I'm still getting those inevitable feels of a series legitimately ending. Going to miss the series but definitely not the way it ended.
Series:8/10 Ep.:8/10 that ending:1/10
Aug 21, 2013 4:58 AM

Apr 2013
Huhh -_-

So it's finally over T_T
Aug 21, 2013 6:43 AM

Nov 2010
My choice would have been Kuroneko or Ayase

I thought they took the specials all the way with an unconventional route,
but at the end they had a fail safety device at the end of the wedding vows

It reminded bit of the bit True Tears handled
Compliments to them to take on the forbidden love
It started as a Sis/Bro con after all

from Royal to Bums and same sex marriage these topics will always float around
Aug 21, 2013 8:44 AM

Sep 2011
Even though I still feel about about the girls got rejected(Except Kuroneko and Manami) especially Ayase, it's still a fun ride. :D

Aug 21, 2013 9:22 AM

Jun 2011
Kirino vs Manami with Kyousuke's intervention is like Luffy vs Jimbei with Sanji's intervention.

"Childhood friends can never beat little sisters." Wow.

Was a little frightened when Kirino broke Manami's glasses, was afraid that the glass pieces would hurt her eyeball.

Lol at him saying "Incest ftw, I am going for the real sister ending" haha.

And.. okay..
What the FUCK?
Seriously, that left a bad taste in my mouth. What the fuck did they meant by being lovers for limited time only @@. Dahell man, even Manami ending would be better than this piece of shit, what the fucking hell? 1/10.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 21, 2013 9:59 AM

Feb 2011
My god was that bad. I mean, wow... they've got to be kidding me.

It felt like the writer pretty much went "Incest is fine HUR DUR and everyone will accept it". After the first episode of these specials, I really didn't even care anymore about anything in this show.

1/10.
Aug 21, 2013 10:40 AM

Sep 2012
And it ends. I'll never forget this series

Not really good ending but they still quit being lovers.

MyAmy said:
Well they are not my best couple in Oreimo (Kuroneko is my favorite ^^)

She's also the one i want to end up with Kyousuke
Aug 21, 2013 12:16 PM

Jul 2008
I am not that upset that Kirino and Kyousuke didn't end up together.

What does upset me is these past three episodes are pointless. There was no reason to fight Manami, reject every girl, continuously proclaim is love for Kirino if all of it had an expiration date. Why was Manami's spiel so serious if they were not even planning to be together anyway?

I feel bad for Kuroneko and all the other girls who had to put up with these sibling's bullshit.
Aug 21, 2013 12:28 PM

Jun 2013
awful ending. Ruined the show for me.
Aug 21, 2013 2:06 PM

Sep 2010

it was good tho, emotional rollercoaster in the whole sense of the word
8/10
9/10 regarding all oreimo stuff so far

BUT I SWEAR TO GOD SOMETHING REALLY BAD WILL HAPPEN IF WE DONT GET A KURONEKO/AYASE/MANAMI/KANAKO/SAORI(?) ENDING OVA(s)
Aug 21, 2013 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
Catastrophic said:

it was good tho, emotional rollercoaster in the whole sense of the word
8/10
9/10 regarding all oreimo stuff so far

BUT I SWEAR TO GOD SOMETHING REALLY BAD WILL HAPPEN IF WE DONT GET A KURONEKO/AYASE/MANAMI/KANAKO/SAORI(?) ENDING OVA(s)

Maybe you're feeling like this:

But seriously now, IF you are into the broxsis thing too(I have no sister though) then you may also try this to ease your mind a little xP
Aug 21, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2012
SousukeARX7 said:
But seriously now, IF you are into the broxsis thing too(I have no sister though) then you may also try this to ease your mind a little xP

That show is garbage as well.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 21, 2013 5:40 PM
May 2011
For all those Kirino x Kyousuke fans that think they didn't end up together here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_4je9a6n4w

I watched this hoping for the ending, would have liked if they had been a little more accurate at the end to the LN (like including the ring she asked him to buy for her, kiss being on the lips instead in the end) but other than that its still good.

(As for the others that were hoping an other route, what would you think would happen with a show under that name, and the fact that Kirino is probably the main heroine)

I'm happy it didn't end with an open end like the majority of these kind.
Aug 21, 2013 6:07 PM

Oct 2012
Ending gets a 7/10 from me.

This was probably the best way to conclude this show and it was even explicitly mentioned by the author that there wasn't any other way he could end it without stirring any trouble from the publishing company. If you read between the lines, it is implied that the relationship will still continue sometime in the future.

It wasn't without its flaws though. I thought the Manami/Kirino fight was really uncalled for. And once again, some scenes and characters were changed/cut from the original novel. I guess A-1 Pictures is just as bad as JC Staff in terms of adapting LN's. Why can't Oreimo season 2 stick with freaking AIC Build for god's sake?

If there's one thing I liked about Kyousuke these 3 episodes, it's the fact he had the balls to pick someone AND reject the rest of his harem in the process. You don't see that happen very often in harem anime - at least this one is decisive.

Wish people would think about the ending before raging and giving it a 1/10. You people need to be more open.
Aug 21, 2013 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
Goryo said:
SousukeARX7 said:

Well yeah but we pretty much know what to expect, at least the fan service is good.

Oreimo tried to address many themes at a time and didn't actually focus on anything. Instead we got our hopes mercilessly crushed by company policies.
Aug 21, 2013 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
They obviously weren't going to continue to live as a couple publicly. Good ending, glad it stuck to something a little more realistic. I'm gonna miss this anime a lot.
Aug 21, 2013 10:09 PM

Dec 2012
Natsu12345 said:

What the FUCK?
Seriously, that left a bad taste in my mouth. What the fuck did they meant by being lovers for limited time only @@. Dahell man, even Manami ending would be better than this piece of shit, what the fucking hell? 1/10.

This. It's a fricken anime, and it isn't even being broadcast on television. Couldn't the director have shown a little less restraint, and have done something a bit better and less realistic? I mean, lovers don't always follow cold logic, do they, and most definitely not in a fricken anime. A conclusion where they remained as a couple should've been doable.

I feel like the director's own prejudices interfered with this ending.
NainAug 21, 2013 10:13 PM
Aug 21, 2013 10:31 PM

Aug 2012
Goryo said:
SousukeARX7 said:

At least you knew what you were getting into. It didn't unexpectedly trash itself with the ending, which probably 99% of its watchers saw coming a mile away anyway.

You guys also need to stop giving the ending that "it wasn't what the author intended" excuse and rate the ending you saw with your own eyes. If it's bad, it's bad; if even the author acknowledges that he doesn't like it, then so be it.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Aug 22, 2013 1:17 AM
Aug 2013
Non Light Novel readers may feel aggrieved.
However, Oreimo is no ordinary anime and you have to take in the hints and subtlety sprinkled throughout the show to get the message:
From the OPs, EDs, the actions and dialogue..it all points to one Route:

Kirino Happy End.

The author also said it himself and he is somewhat pleased with how it was animated.
Aug 22, 2013 9:59 AM

Aug 2011
The feels, the laughter, the tears

and the ending T_T
5/10
Aug 22, 2013 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
The ending is crap. Not because of the author, but the director of the anime and LN publishing company. But seriously, if it is my story, I want to write it my way, screw the publishers, I'll get another publishing company to print them or print the LNs myself.

In any case, I still don't see Kyousuke going out with any girls he meet in the near future after all that.

After reading the author's interview and watching the anime, I take it that they get back together for a round 2 in the future. Hope there's an OVA on the aftermath

Everything up to the wedding: 9/10
"Go back to normal siblings": 0/10
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Aug 22, 2013 11:08 AM
Aug 2011
I thought it was a good show but the ending was weird. Anyone else think this show was like a harem?
Pages (18) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

116 by NetorareVibes »»
Sep 2, 8:37 PM

» The ending is not as sad as you think!!! PLEASE READ

White_Kotori - Jan 8, 2017

20 by simon2571 »»
Aug 14, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Specials Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

253 by kagamiiin »»
May 6, 5:57 AM

» Harem ending

removed-user - Dec 11, 2022

3 by Aref_Afkhami »»
Dec 12, 2022 1:41 PM

Poll: » Who do you want Kyousuke to end up with? ( 1 2 3 )

YamiNoOkami - Jul 6, 2013

121 by Shengud »»
Dec 19, 2021 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.