Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »
Mar 9, 2015 4:08 PM

Aug 2009
I'm very torn about my opinion on Kiritsugu (he did kill my boy Lancer after all)

A strong episode. Natalia was kickass.
Apr 7, 2015 4:47 PM

Jul 2013
Impala said:
RedRoseFring said:
Great backstory.

Now I know why he's such an awesome character.

Impressive episode.

+1

Damn, that was emotional!
Kiritsugu was cold.
Natalia :(
May 14, 2015 4:01 AM

Apr 2013
What the fuck is wrong with that asshole? Oh my god this is like Suzaku all over again. "I'm one of the good guys, I kill to save other people hurr durrrrrr" -_-
GatorMay 14, 2015 4:24 AM
Jun 16, 2015 5:56 PM
Jul 2018
Shit almost cried m8. 10/10 so far.
Jun 26, 2015 2:13 AM

Jun 2014
I'm pretty sure he could have taken different repercussions instead of blowing up the whole damn jet from the get go, like swimming to the land and break the window so only Natalia can get out? Oh well, though it would of been more dramatic and sad if she purposely dove to the ground to explode the whole jet.
Jun 26, 2015 5:58 AM

Jul 2007
InfiniteXV said:
I'm pretty sure he could have taken different repercussions instead of blowing up the whole damn jet from the get go, like swimming to the land and break the window so only Natalia can get out? Oh well, though it would of been more dramatic and sad if she purposely dove to the ground to explode the whole jet.

Which would result in bees getting out.

So no.
Jul 28, 2015 4:08 PM

Jan 2015
Ahh the feels at the end. For them to become so close and then killing her. At this point its hard to say if I respect his character or not. Sacrificing what is so important to him to protect the greater numbers. Trying to become that hero of justice. I don't like how he is, but I do feel bad for him.
Jul 28, 2015 4:09 PM

Jan 2015
CookingPriest said:
InfiniteXV said:

So no.
What I was expecting is for her to break through the window at the front of the jet so she can escape, and the bees would still be in the main part of the jet. The jet could then be blown up so Natalie can survive but the bees are killed.
Jul 28, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2014
WisestOne said:
CookingPriest said:

So no.
What I was expecting is for her to break through the window at the front of the jet so she can escape, and the bees would still be in the main part of the jet. The jet could then be blown up so Natalie can survive but the bees are killed.
falling into the ocean from that height is like hitting solid rock
Aug 11, 2015 8:50 PM

Sep 2014
wow, fucking amazing. 5/5. I knew Natalia would die during the flashback, but I didn't know that's how they would kill her off. Amazing. Kiritsugu is twisted, and I love it.
Aug 27, 2015 11:01 AM
Dec 2014
What a sad past. :/
Sep 2, 2015 9:34 PM

May 2014
Lucena said:
I thought it was an o.k. flashback episode up until the twist. I was ready to throw my computer out the window until Kiritsugu explained his reasoning for shooting down the plane. I already had a feeling that Natalia wasn't going to make it, but not like that.

Also, does anyone else think Kiritsugu's reasoning for killing Natalia is a little flawed?

Not really, it is consistent with the last episode where he killed his father. His character is one where his feelings are DETACHED from killing. He takes lives into account by the number of lives rather than what he feels for a certain life, say his 'family'.

The only flaw is that HOW did he become this cold and easy to kill people so apathetically. The reasoning that he didn't kill Shirley and then it led to more people dying is WEAK IMO. But it could be a valid reason if he loved Shirley and regretted not killing her THAT MUCH.
Sep 7, 2015 10:28 PM

Jul 2014
holy shit, these past two episodes about Kiritusugu have been indescribable. I actually...bawled at the end of this episode. Kiritsugu screaming in agony.... I felt it all. When Kiritsugu lifted that rocket launcher, I was seriously panicking. Fuck...I really really liked Natalia especially towards the end.
Amazing, yet this sorrow I feel for Kiritsugu is real. Wow.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2015 3:07 AM

Dec 2012
What a dirty strategy.

Nov 4, 2015 3:34 AM

May 2013
Ughh, so fucking depressing. Loving Kiritsugu even more each episode. Such a awesome written character.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Nov 24, 2015 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
A suitable end to the past of Kiritsugu, and so it seems he wanted to be a hero of justice... with that ending he sacrificed his mentor for the lives of others. It's really emotional, just thinking about their final conversation.
Jan 19, 2016 4:28 PM
Jul 2015
Anticipated Natalia's death, did not anticipate Kiritsugu killing her, right up until the very end. I'm so bad at predicting fiction.
Feb 2, 2016 9:10 PM

Apr 2014
Natalia's smile though, she taught him well. Kiritsugu is easily my favorite character, he always remains true to himself

Apr 23, 2016 3:38 AM

Apr 2016
Kiritsugu's amazing and tragic backstory Part 2: A blast of Maturity. Yeah... That works. This episode is probably the bleakest of the whole show, and considering this season in particular, that's quite the achievement. Remember Natalia, that girl in the flashback mid-season 1, telling Kiritsugu to use the origin bullets? Well, let's watch her raise an adolescent Kiritsugu. This answers two very important questions; those being: how Kiritsugu got his grey morality, and why he smokes (when away from family). Their banter is pretty amusing, and their dynamic was pretty interesting considering that both were mercenaries. This honestly made the final sequence with Natalia in the plane just that much more tragic. Kiritsugu lost the two most important women in his life, and if something happens, that number's bound to increase. This concludes Kiritsugu's backstory, and man was it beautiful. If episode 15 was one of the three contenders for the show's high point, then this two part backstory makes the second contender for that honor.
May 2, 2016 6:58 PM

Nov 2015
[Re-watch | BD version]

Painfully beautiful...
I actually shed some tears... Kiritsugu's pain... was there to grasp...
Natallia saw it coming, she was proud of Kiritsugu, that he reunited the strength he needed to finish the job. The sacrifice for the greater good, kill a loved person to save thousands maybe millions that will not thank him. That's a big sacrifice, Kiritsugu knows it well.

Again, more reasons to love Kiritsugu's character development and Fate/Zero as a whole.

I mean, I have not much to say, it is all there, the feels...
It's a tragic backstory, the one that made Emiya Kiritsugu how he is, why he pursues his goal, how it was born, how HE was born, the one he is now.

As a note: This was the plane that Kirei read Kiritsugu blowed up because his target was inside, back in episode 01 (first half of Fate/Zero)
HumbertoZeroMay 2, 2016 7:11 PM
Jun 28, 2016 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
wow. just wtf. this is getting crazier. how they were talking to each other, and how she was reminiscing over her life and how she is *usually* so strict on Kiritsugu made it pretty obvious she was about to die, but I honestly was thinking maybe the ghouls would break through the cargo door. Not have Kiritsugu sacrifice her. He freaked the fuck out after, too.
well, intense shit.
dextronautJun 28, 2016 8:07 AM
Jul 29, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2016
Past 2 episodes helped us understanding the character of Kiritsugu. First he killed his father and now, Natalia. He would do anything to save the world!!
Aug 27, 2016 4:43 PM

Mar 2015
She could have landed. Busted the front window. Take care of the ghouls afterwards.
Flawed/10
Sep 6, 2016 11:20 PM

Jun 2016
Moral of the story: Always keep a parachute handy during potentially fatal airborne missions. R.I.P. Natalia.

I liked these two episodes, despite the drastic change in setting. I complemented them by listening to the Drama CD in the BD, which rounded off Kiritsugu's character development nicely. The next episode opens with Kiritsugu seeing Irisviel, so this is perfect timing.
Oct 23, 2016 12:00 PM

Mar 2010
Well I had a feeling that would happen, I guess that was his last time he will shed tears.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 19, 2016 6:24 PM

Jul 2009
Wow what an episode. I actually thought Kiritsugu would have some plan on landing somewhere in the airport and having some sort of mercenaries kill all the ghouls while Natalia escapes.

But I guess he didn't want the same thing that happened in the village back then.

Maybe that's the story Saber predicted when they were talking about back when Lancer was killed.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Nov 20, 2016 4:31 AM

Dec 2013
Well, those two last episodes kinda helped me to better understand Kiritsugu, but I still don't approve his methods.
Sep 2, 2017 5:34 AM

Jan 2015
wow, the two episodes about Kiritsugu's past were great. I still don't quite like him/ approve of his methods, but now I understand him. I rarely change my opinion on a character, but this anime managed to make me change my mind.
Nov 8, 2017 10:00 PM
Jul 2014
I know it seems silly for fantasy action anime but the avenues of approach entailed in this particular episode seemed highly unrealistic. If you're going to create a universe with certain modern elements of logic would seem lacking if you were to break your own logic for plot gratification.
Firstly for the plot rational she for one is branded a survivalist by the author's plot yet died a martyr death. Even with my limited imagination, I can conjure up many a scenario in which she could have survived and eradicated the problem even if she did not follow her own principles. Also since earlier in the episode they stated that people were ''infected'' by physical contact like biting, its safe to assume that the curse works in the same way as a blood born pathogen like aids or rabies. Therefore the only prerequisite is direct bodily fluid contact. This ties into another hole that furthers the questionable plot in this story.
Also the way she died was rather outlandish. The plane she was on was depicted as a fairly large passenger plane(about the size of your average 747). Now ignoring the absolute fact that if she really got in contact with the control tower she could easily land it in the ocean as opposed to the runway, I know with complete certainty that it is almost impossible for a SAM(again whats depicted as either a type 91 or a stinger) shot at the fuel tanks to be able to explode and incinerate the cabin or a plane that size in its entirety to destroy every corpse and wasp or even reach into a locked and sealed pilot cockpit. That's simply not how explosions work in the air or on a moving plane for that matter. There would be lots of debris and fallout. Fallout that would be able to infect more animals and people. Lets say seawater somehow magically sterilizes the curse or disease, if that was the case it would be purely improbable the people in this universe wouldn't know that being this imitation 21st century earth's surface is still covered by 71 percent water needless to say most is which is seawater.
But whatevs well just go ahead write anything nonsensical as "just a story" and call it a day. I just feel bad that it reflects poorly on the director and possibly author when things are either rushed or brashly done. Nothings perfect but i felt a lot of this episode wasn't even necessary for the series much less the way it was presented.
Nov 12, 2017 2:33 PM
Nov 2017
This is one of my favourite anime episodes ever, perfectly executed. I loved their relationship, really interesting, & the way it ended like that... so cool, so emotional. So much tragedy in K's young life. These few flashback episodes work on their own independent of the rest of the show.
Anime_UKAug 17, 2018 6:59 AM
Dec 2, 2017 6:10 AM

Feb 2008
Jesus fucking christ this was horrible. I get Kiritsugu's reasoning and it makes sense but damn it hurts to watch it happen. 6/5
Midori-tanDec 2, 2017 6:13 AM

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jan 21, 2018 10:42 PM

Sep 2010
All those death flags in the final conversation between Kerry and Natalia. Saber's observation Kerry aka Kiritsugu wasn't able to save someone which explains his actions in past episodes was right.
Apr 1, 2018 12:22 PM
Jul 2017
episode 5 and 6 of fate zero were better than 90 percent of anime i have ever watched
Apr 1, 2018 12:23 PM
Jul 2017
Kerry what do you want to be when you grow up
Apr 18, 2018 5:10 AM
Feb 2017
another pretty neat episode about kiri's paste.

Aug 17, 2018 7:00 AM
Nov 2017
Mrkulci said:
episode 5 and 6 of fate zero were better than 90 percent of anime i have ever watched
Agreed, so damn good. Easily the most memorable epsiodes of the whole franchise.
Nov 5, 2018 3:12 PM

Mar 2018
These last two episodes were amazing.
Nov 18, 2018 10:41 AM

Apr 2018
Welp this single ep shits on the first half of grisaria no rakuen

But once again:where are the cops?where are the journalists?

But i am pretty sure that there was a lot of ways to save the day without killing her
Nov 21, 2018 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
Ahenshihael said:
HATUL300 said:
This episode made the backstory okayish, but I still don't like this silly pandering with the zombies/vampires/ghouls or whatever the hell they are.

Because its a freaking multiverse of alternate timelines and alternate dimensions. And what's half the reason multiverses exist in fiction in the first place? Yep to see cameos and concepts from other parts of multiverse.

Which is a given considering the original VN, which this is a prequel to, told its story in bits separated in three different timelines covering the three equally canon variations of same event.

This part of the Fate Franchise ( vampires, ghouls) should have been in a different series so it could be fleshed out. As of now, it feels shoehorned it to create a B grade horror movie. This episode was better than the previous episode definitely but much too short to leave any lasting emotional impact. Also, these two episodes should have happened just after the argument between Saber and Kiritsugu. Having it now just breaks the focus of the series.
removed-userNov 22, 2018 1:34 PM
Dec 5, 2018 11:31 AM
Jul 2013
Kiritsugu doesn't make the same mistake twice.
Well, in the end we didn't get to know anything about Natalia.
Dec 9, 2018 12:57 PM

Oct 2013
Lucena said:
I thought it was an o.k. flashback episode up until the twist. I was ready to throw my computer out the window until Kiritsugu explained his reasoning for shooting down the plane. I already had a feeling that Natalia wasn't going to make it, but not like that.

Also, does anyone else think Kiritsugu's reasoning for killing Natalia is a little flawed?

I was able to understand his reasoning. Just remember what has happende on the island. Cause of him not killing Shirley the whole island, everybody just got transformed into "zombies" and everyone had to die.

So he was exactley in the same situation again. By killing Natalia by destorying the whole plane he played it safe. Otherwise there was a possibility that some of the bees could have escaped and many more people needed to die again.
My only regret is having regrets!
Jan 31, 2019 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
Good backstory, he needed to kill the bees cause they were still a part of the dead apostle and another town may have been easily destroyed if that plane had landed. In the case he had no choice, good thing this battle wasn't on ground ... just imagine hundreds of bees in a urban setting going out of control making ghouls.
Feb 28, 2019 10:54 PM

Aug 2018
Fantastically good episode, and that ending song sent it over the moon.
Apr 9, 2019 4:18 PM

Feb 2012
2nd filler ep in a row. IT WAS THE BEES AND TSUKIHIME which made Kiritsugu like this. I think I'll just consider all this fanfiction.
May 29, 2019 6:21 PM
Jan 2019
That was an insane episode, Kiritsugu!
Jun 13, 2019 10:43 AM

Dec 2018
It was at the moment that Natalia said that he wanted to act as his mother, that Kiritsugu had the resolve to shot down the plane. Speaking of mother, his mother wasn't showed, probably used for experiment by his dad.

Kiritsugu saved Natalia from embarassment.

If it was Shirou, I bet he will do that.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 7, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2019
Ever since it was mentioned that he took down a whole plane on his own, I knew it had to be sth. like these. And oh was it emotional. They knew how this was going to end when she saw the first ghoul but I still clung to some false hope anyway...
Aug 12, 2019 8:48 AM

Sep 2014
RiP best mom Natalia, was sad to see Kiri breaking like that.
Sep 27, 2019 10:56 PM
Dec 2017
Come to think of it they are so many ways to kill those ghouls. Even he made a big sacrifice. but he still could rescue his mother or Natalia. But he chose to kill Natalia. That is the easy way to stop those ghouls. Kinda sound heartless but he is what he did to prevent dying more people. Make me cry

Oct 29, 2019 7:12 AM
Dec 2018
Hi, I came here just to say I think Kiritsugu is an absolute idiot. From a minor thing such as imitating and starting to smoke to the fact that he killed his only "family" even though it was not actually required. There are major forces like the mage association, no way that those ghouls could not have been killed. He got deluded, I hate to see people getting blinded in front of their goal and their values getting messed up. Trying to save the world? Maybe stop killing people. Who tells you what is good and bad. People like you create an unnecessary spiral that never ends. He did not kill his childhood friend, fair enough. To kill your own father was a bold move, unexpected but its a "gift" ok. Then he goes on killing people then kills the only person who has been kind to him. How many people would have saved, adopted and trained him like that alone in the middle of that dangerous occupation? She should not have died.
Pages (12) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Apr 7, 2012

529 by CondeSebastian »»
May 23, 3:10 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

14 by Spoopy69 »»
May 17, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.