Forum Settings
Forums

The social position in the society that you are scared of the most?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 12, 2014 10:23 PM

Jul 2011
Korrvo said:
What makes you an extremist is acting like your opinion will be the only one correct ever and anyone else is a moron, as well as forcing that opinion on other people. In that way, you're not just an extremist, but a close-minded egotist.

Also known as the poison of society and the starter of many quarrels between people that shouldnt be there in the first place.

Some opinions aren't opinions anymore, there is so much evidence for them that you can consider them as facts. You would think this wouldn't be an issue if they truly are viewed as facts, but oftentimes there is great controversy over this because people have agendas of their own that they are trying to protect. Science has no political agenda, but people go out of their ways to make it seem like there is some great controversy or conspiracy.

If you still deny evolution after being presented with all the evidence, then yes you are a moron. There should be quarrels on issues where people go out and contaminate society with their ignorance -- that's the real poisoning.

You can have an opinion on anything you want, but sometimes it's going to be wrong. If you still stick to it despite being presented with evidence contrary to what you believe in then you are an ignoramus.
Jan 12, 2014 10:26 PM

Nov 2013
Zeally said:
oh god this is turning into another brainless atheist/religion thread

Sure did. And everyone suffers as a result.
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.
Jan 12, 2014 10:38 PM

Jul 2012
Only thing that scares me more than religious nutjobs are feminists...oh god...just...NO!

AAAAH!
Just thinking about them makes me wanna punch a woman in the face.
Jan 12, 2014 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
And now audience, as I rest my case, I present to you, example A's final form.

Oh well.

Kobapo said:
Only thing that scares me more than religious nutjobs are feminists...oh god...just...NO!

AAAAH!
Just thinking about them makes me wanna punch a woman in the face.
I completely forgot about feminists.

Fuck all feminists. They make me want to pull my hair out.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 12, 2014 10:49 PM

Jul 2011
snaphat said:
Zeally said:

Korrvo said:

Oh well.

This discussion was never focused on religion, it was about science. I felt obligated to clear up misconceptions about science. It's my hope that one day everyone will be scientific literate, but it may be an idealistic dream.

If Korrvo still feels certain scientific theories like evolution are mere "opinions" and if you claim they are correct then you are being a closed-minded egotist, then I don't know what to say to him anymore. Hopefully my posts hit home to some rational-minded people.
MeasureJan 12, 2014 11:05 PM
Jan 12, 2014 11:06 PM

Nov 2013
in said:
snaphat said:
Zeally said:

Korrvo said:

Oh well.

This thread was never about religion. I felt obligated to clear up misconceptions on science. It's my hope that one day everyone will be scientific literate, but it may be an idealistic dream.

If Korrvo still feels certain scientific theories like evolution are mere "opinions" and if you claim they are correct then you are being a closed-minded egotist, then I don't know what to say to him anymore. Hopefully my posts hit home to some rational-minded people.

It's easy enough to prove evolution by simply navigating to the artificial speciation article on Wikipedia. The only downside/valid argument against it is that bias mutation (one of the mechanisms of evolution) doesn't occur much in successive generations of fruit flies when they produce a new species in laboratory conditions. You don't need N*N posts to prove it.
Need technical discussion? I can help! How i sell my method:
Very well.
Jan 12, 2014 11:16 PM

Jul 2011
snaphat said:
It's easy enough to prove evolution by simply navigating to the artificial speciation article on Wikipedia. The only downside/valid argument against it is that bias mutation (one of the mechanisms of evolution) doesn't occur much in successive generations of fruit flies when they produce a new species in laboratory conditions. You don't need N*N posts to prove it.

I wasn't trying to prove evolution, it was just being used as an example. The purpose of the posts was to dismantle an attitude that certain scientific discoveries are opinions, and a people who champion such discoveries are extremists. Unfortunately I wasn't very successful in convincing korrvo, but it was worth a shot, and who knows who will read the posts in the future. So in all I don't think it was a futile effort. Though I do apologize for all the suffering I made you go through.
Jan 13, 2014 12:37 AM

Dec 2011
in said:

in said:
That being said, science does not concern itself with statements that aren't falsifiable. If you asked me "Is there life after we die?", I am not going to claim my view on the matter is correct.

Your point of view may be right, but this isn't any different than those religions that just implies their point of view on others. From your point, you are just living through the name "science" instead of "me".

Example: let's say X thing you said can be proven. Ok, now let's say Y that cannot be proven/disproven. You say "science" to the first and stated nothing to the second. Well, that just shows you don't have your opinion, just throwing "science" as logic. Just look at the bold text in first quote and the entire second quote. Korvvo just said about implying your opinion on the others, he didn't stated his opinion on those specific theories.

It's like you did with evolution, just threw that "science has proven", without stating anything more than "science". You just believe that science is always right, but this can be also wrong. Science can't go ahead without "wrong opinions", aka wrong theories. If anything from the evolution has proven to be wrong, what can you do ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2014 1:04 AM

Jul 2011
xJapaliicious said:
Your point of view may be right, but this isn't any different than those religions that just implies their point of view on others. From your point, you are just living through the name "science" instead of "me".

Example: let's say X thing you said can be proven. Ok, now let's say Y that cannot be proven/disproven. You say "science" to the first and stated nothing to the second. Well, that just shows you don't have your opinion, just throwing "science" as logic. Just look at the bold text in first quote and the entire second quote. Korvvo just said about implying your opinion on the others, he didn't stated his opinion on those specific theories.

It's like you did with evolution, just threw that "science has proven", without stating anything more than "science". You just believe that science is always right, but this can be also wrong. Science can't go ahead without "wrong opinions", aka wrong theories. If anything from the evolution has proven to be wrong, what can you do ?

Good points. There is tendency for people to misuse the word science and throw it around like it's a out of jail card. Hell even some religious people argue that science has proven the existence of god, but I digress.

Science cannot prove anything. It's an ongoing process not some end. Though I still consider certain theories like gravity or evolution as fact because there is overwhelming evidence in support for them. However, if convincing evidence was presented to the contrary (it'd have to be pretty damn amazing) then yes I would change my stance on the issue. In the absence of such evidence, the most logical course of action is to accept the theory of evolution.

I'm not going to press my opinion on the after-life on people, but I'd be happy to have a healthy discussion on it -- and I would consider their opinion on it. However, if someone is convinced that evolution is a myth then I will challenge their assertion and classify it as ignorance.

We can't prove anything to 100% certainty, but we can certainly disprove some assertions (or have good reason to disregard/doubt others). We have the means to prove the claim the Earth is 6000 years is false. If someone is spouting that then yes I will throw the phrase "there is overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary" and I'd be happy to cite some examples like radioactive dating.

It is different from religions because it is not based on faith, but rather evidence -- data. The evidence is out there you can go look at it. I don't think there is some conspiracy that almost all the scientists in the world are purposely misleading us and fudging the facts.

Maybe I reacted too strongly because there is another tendency of people to make it out to seem like there is some controversy in certain scientific theories that almost all scientists today consider true. To play it off as if it's some opinion and it's okay to ignore all the evidence and believe something else in its place. Not to mention a waste of all the knowledge we as humans gave gained throughout the centuries.
Jan 13, 2014 1:12 AM

Dec 2011
in said:
I'm not going to press my opinion on the after-life on people, but I'd be happy to have a healthy discussion on it -- and I would consider their opinion on it. However, if someone is convinced that evolution is a myth then I will challenge their assertion and classify it as ignorance.

I just wish. I don't know how many times on real life or any forums trying to discuss after-life and none of them had karma/dharma theories (just the theory itself, because has more than that).

I'm an agnostic theist. I believe in God, but I know there is nothing to prove his existence.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2014 1:28 AM

Jul 2011
xJapaliicious said:
in said:

I just wish. I don't know how many times on real life or any forums trying to discuss after-life and none of them had karma/dharma theories (just the theory itself, because has more than that).

I'm an agnostic theist. I believe in God, but I know there is nothing to prove his existence.

That's an interesting topic, would make for good discussion, but I feel like I've already done enough damage. The OP probably doesn't like me for not answering the question and hijacking the thread for my own personal motives. In my defense I like to think I was fighting the good fight.

Already received too many accusations of intellectual arrogance and mental bullying to the point of making people cry. I think I'll call it a night, it's almost 4:30 at night where I am. In case anyone was taking notes, remember science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can **** off.
Jan 13, 2014 3:21 AM

Sep 2012
I just wanna go ahead an throw out there again that my entire reason to bother arguing this in the first place wasn't for any specific scientific or religious view in the first place, just that you should have some manners and respect for other people's opinions regarding the matter by not shoving your view down other people's throats.

Nobody can know for sure, and while some will believe the things that they can see better with their eyes, the others will believe in something more supernatural to better explain the impossible to explain. There is no lapse in brain power between these two types of people simply because of varying viewpoints on something that cannot be answered anyway, so you should not imply that there is and belittle people just because their belief does not match up with yours.

ESPECIALLY on such a touchy subject that can bring out the worst in people.

Tl;dr Lemme see some fuckin' manners you classless hooligans.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 13, 2014 3:25 AM
Dec 2011
Mogu-sama said:
Also, very religious people unsettle me.

This
Jan 13, 2014 3:29 AM

Apr 2012
how did my joke thread turn into a heated debate about a very complicated matter? can someone enlighten me?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 13, 2014 3:37 AM

Sep 2012
bunny_lover said:
how did my joke thread turn into a heated debate about a very complicated matter? can someone enlighten me?
I walked in and the thread couldn't handle my extremely attractive aura of amazing, so it blew up.
Jan 13, 2014 4:21 AM

Jul 2011
bunny_lover said:

That nigro has a gits avatar, of course he would take offence to a throwaway comment and feel the need to start bagging religion somehow in the process.

I dislike turbo nerd neckbeards on the internet assuming all forms of feminism are the same. If they actually left their basements for once they would realise that many forms of feminism are far from obsolete and an absolute necessity. Outside of reclusive online communities women are put on anything but a pedestal.
Jan 13, 2014 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
Livestock, because I don't want to end up on someone's dinner plate.
Jan 13, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
Radical Feminists, they don't want equality they want subjugation and persecution of all men, all the things they are meant to be fighting against.
Jan 13, 2014 6:18 AM

Sep 2013
I'm scared of people that have a so called "real life". I just can't understand what's going through their head.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Jan 13, 2014 6:23 AM

Nov 2013
I'm scared of garden gnomes. Why that poor sub-sect of the LP community has been forced to guard our lawns for decades continues to baffle me. I fear that they will one day tire of the endless abuse, and rise up to over throw their masters.
Jan 13, 2014 10:59 AM

Oct 2013
None. Not even armed police scare me and that's because I have no business with them. I don't screw with the law and the police don't mess with me.
Jan 13, 2014 11:23 AM

Jan 2014
Being a Lawyer.
At one point it was a dream.
Studied Law, dropped it.
Jan 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Oct 2012
I am afraid of psychologists.
Even when you just talk to them on a private eye-to-eye level, they start analyzing and diagnosing every little centimeter of your brain.
Also, nowadays they act all economical. They will find a disease deep inside some fucking abyss in your brain, and they'll make a big deal out of it until you yourself believe you're sick and try out all the 9213392 types of meds they invented just to learn that in the end, nothing's gonna work on you.
That's utmost brainwash!
For me, this kind of psycho business is demon-something business, I don't know how it looks for other people though.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Jan 13, 2014 1:12 PM

Nov 2012
Girls

They walk around to stress me.
Jan 13, 2014 1:45 PM

Sep 2013
LiYuxin said:
They will find a disease deep inside some fucking abyss in your brain, and they'll make a big deal out of it until you yourself believe you're sick and try out all the 9213392 types of meds they invented just to learn that in the end, nothing's gonna work on you.

I cracked a laugh at that.
Although psychologists don't prescribe meds, psychiatrists do.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Jan 13, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
Anyone with higher authority.
Jan 13, 2014 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
Soren333 said:

very fitting for your avatar ^^
Jan 13, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
daintybiscuit said:
Soren333 said:

How so?
Jan 13, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2012
Soren333 said:
daintybiscuit said:
Soren333 said:

How so?

Kogami, correct? By the end of the show he has certainly shown that the structures of "higher authority" (the Bureau) can't hold him down :) he's the dog that got off his owner's leash
Kewpie_dollJan 13, 2014 4:01 PM
Jan 13, 2014 3:57 PM

Dec 2009
Not sure....
Jan 13, 2014 4:22 PM

Oct 2007
I used to be scared of dentists if that counts.

I've had my fair share of police contact over the past years, so I only shrug my shoulders nowadays.
Hireshi.com - Join today! Working on streaming Japan/Korean drama & movies, as well as anime.
(this will come when the main site is up)
I take avatar/ signature & profile/intro picture requests. Message me with reference.
Tutorial on how to resize GIF images in Photoshop CS3(avatars,signatures)
Jan 13, 2014 4:24 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Jan 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Jan 2014
Lawyers/Police/Judicial System because in personal experiences in court, the guy I was going up against had police ties and he got off easy. It's scary because they can let people who have done horrible things go, just because they have connections.
Jan 13, 2014 4:43 PM

Nov 2008
Unlike most people, I'm not really scared of people with a higher authority and indifferent towards extremists.

I'm scared with people that have/are:

- tattoos all over the body

- too many piercings on their face

- black bulky people that are not cops

- gangsters if they are in groups

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 13, 2014 4:46 PM

Oct 2013
DenjaX said:
Unlike most people, I'm not really scared of people with a higher authority and indifferent towards extremists.

- too many piercings on their face

- gangsters if they are in groups

There are a lot of black people in Montreal, Quebec?
Jan 13, 2014 4:59 PM

Nov 2008
Fierce_Deity22 said:
There are a lot of black people in Montreal, Quebec?
Yep. That's why I specified it to bulky black men. Most black people I acquainted with are good people.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 13, 2014 5:00 PM

Sep 2012
DenjaX said:

But the ones that aren't crooks are like the cuddliest teddy bears ever.

Give them a chance :(
Jan 13, 2014 5:07 PM

Nov 2008
Korrvo said:
DenjaX said:

But the ones that aren't crooks are like the cuddliest teddy bears ever.

Give them a chance :(
Are you one of them by any chance? Sorry.

It's just that I got pickd with some of them and I don't really want to see them again xDD Good thing I got good flight response.

Jan 13, 2014 5:09 PM

Sep 2012
Naw I'm a skinny white guy but thanks for the compliment.
Jan 13, 2014 5:10 PM

Oct 2007
DenjaX said:

Guess you wouldn't want to encounter me then :p
Hireshi.com - Join today! Working on streaming Japan/Korean drama & movies, as well as anime.
I take avatar/ signature & profile/intro picture requests. Message me with reference.
Jan 13, 2014 5:16 PM

Nov 2008
hireshi said:
DenjaX said:

Perhaps if you have moé tattoos, I would love to be your friend. xDD

Jan 13, 2014 5:20 PM

Oct 2007
DenjaX said:
hireshi said:
DenjaX said:

Perhaps if you have moé tattoos, I would love to be your friend. xDD

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/047/d/6/Demon_Mask_with_Tiger_by_ktdragon740.jpg

Not mine, but my tattoos are kinda similar.
moe enough?:P
Jan 13, 2014 5:23 PM

Nov 2008
hireshi said:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/047/d/6/Demon_Mask_with_Tiger_by_ktdragon740.jpg

STAY AWAY FROM ME

Jan 13, 2014 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
DenjaX said:
hireshi said:

STAY AWAY FROM ME

I have seen everything :{
Jan 13, 2014 5:34 PM

Oct 2013
cunt

Jan 13, 2014 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
Loli_Sensei said:
cunt

50% of the world population?
Jan 13, 2014 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Loli_Sensei said:
cunt

aye

Jan 13, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2012
most men are scared of cunts. they are weird looking and sort of complicated. if i were a man i'd be scared of cunts too! unless you meant cunts = epic bitches lol
Jan 14, 2014 1:02 AM

Apr 2012
Loli_Sensei said:
Fierce_Deity22 said:
Loli_Sensei said:
cunt

aye
you identify urself as a female on MAL. So you are a slut?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why aren't Americans rioting over the fact that McDonalds is now a Luxury Item?

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

14 by Nette »»
20 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

821 by Hitagi__Furude »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Better to spend 30k/$ on a new car or an anime figure?

Dije - May 3, 2023

42 by vasipi4946 »»
43 minutes ago

» What are you insecure about the most?

Ejrodiew - Apr 30

46 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» What do you smell like? ( 1 2 )

Theonewhorules - Feb 17, 2022

55 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.