Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 26, 2013 9:07 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:

If they're rich then the question just switches to being "how do they make so much money?"
Actually the anime is portraying the elder brother as a kind of genius too - not as super-genius as Renchon, but he seems to have a lot of strong capability in many things. So perhaps he uses his skills to good advantage and manages to make money from those channels? Speculation of course.

xchee said:

Was Ren-chon's close up really a minute long? Wow didn't realize that. But then again I was busy thinking "is she going to cry? No she's a tough kid...oh wait no...no don't cry! Oh no she cried :( " And I'm pretty sure the thousands who watched that episode thought the same too.
I actually timed it when I watched it the third time so the 1min15sec duration should be quite accurate (give and take a few seconds).

The static cut was so powerful that I actually found tears flowing out of my eyes as the static cut continued, and my tears came even before Renchon's tears started to flow.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 26, 2013 9:13 AM

May 2012
It just felt a bit too long. Like, I almost had tears, they were just starting to water, but then the scene continued on and on, and I just lost it, and became bored with watching the still screen.

It's probably partially because of my ranking for Ren-chon, but also because of how my brain never wants to stop really and is always moving forward.
Nov 26, 2013 9:55 AM

Sep 2012
^ But if you think about it - 1min15sec is not really long but it feels long because people are used to fast action in anime. I would say that 1min or so is pretty realistic duration for a girl like Renchon who does not usually cry.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 26, 2013 9:56 AM

May 2012
symbv said:
^ But if you think about it - 1min15sec is not really long but it feels long because people are used to fast action in anime. I would say that 1min or so is pretty realistic duration for a girl like Renchon who does not usually cry.

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with that, but it didn't make it any less boring for me. If they had stopped it probably just fifteen seconds earlier I'd have been fine.
Nov 26, 2013 12:31 PM

May 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Then again, there must be something else going on in this place. Otherwise why would Hotaru's parents have moved there for work?

Nowadays it is not farfetched to work at home or to run a business from home, my brother works at an acupuncture clinic and the owner lives in china! He does come to visit two or three times a year, but uses the internet most of the time to manage the business. I remember a decade ago my japanese teacher told me how "unsafe" had Tokyo become, young punks now carried switch knives and there were stories about random stabbings. So it would not be surprising if they already owned a piece of land for them to build a house and move in to the safer countryside, with internet, satellite television and wireless phones whatever else you need you can buy at a nearby city on weekends. IMO the harshest part must be winter, the sense of isolation must be hard for city dwellers.
Nov 26, 2013 1:31 PM

Dec 2011
But then they wouldn't have been moving because of their work, would they?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 26, 2013 2:44 PM

May 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
But then they wouldn't have been moving because of their work, would they?

We don't know if the father still has the same job or has just started his own company/freelancer job. We do not know if he lives with them or visits them on the weekends or not at all. In the end we do not know and probably never will since that is not the focus of the story, it is more likely we will know about what high school silent-kun or komari intend to enroll in (Tokyo is probably not the only option, there ought to be another one closer to home).
Nov 26, 2013 6:25 PM

Mar 2013
Lovely episode. I wish I could hear Suguru's voice, and he has talent playing guitar. I love him so much.
Nov 26, 2013 11:45 PM

Oct 2009
Did their brother ever talked?
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 27, 2013 2:57 AM

Sep 2012
mangamuscle said:
I remember a decade ago my japanese teacher told me how "unsafe" had Tokyo become, young punks now carried switch knives and there were stories about random stabbings.
I guess safety is relative. I lived in Tokyo for many years and it is still a much safer place than many cities around the world that I have ever lived.

Nov 27, 2013 8:38 AM

Oct 2009
Hotaru is way too mature! And I thought we were finally gonna hear Megane-kun talk :<!

Another great and lovely episode. Really hope there will be a second season!
Nov 27, 2013 9:40 AM

May 2013
DannyREN said:
Hotaru is way too mature!

Hotarun is far from perfect, she gets hysterical with ease (alebit Komari is worse, I still facepalm remembering how she was trying to drive away evil spirits from the temple -_-; )
Nov 27, 2013 12:26 PM

Dec 2011
DannyREN said:
And I thought we were finally gonna hear Megane-kun talk

Does anyone other than Konomi call him that?

Or, for that matter, has anyone other than Konomi and his family ever even mentioned him specifically? I don't think even Kazuho has...
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 27, 2013 1:55 PM
Sep 2013
I love the peaceful Atmosphere in this Anime.
Renge such an pro artist. And the Autumn scenario was well done.
Didnt know that Suguru could play guitar. He got many Anime-Figures in his Room Otaku ftw xD
Its a shame that their are only 4 episodes left ._. they should do an second season
Nov 27, 2013 3:52 PM

Apr 2012
Being Komari is suffering...
MrJc said:
again Suguru is just awesome
Nov 27, 2013 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
Will there be a second season? My guess: Yes!

To get a sense of how likely it is that we will see more of Non Non Biyori, I looked
at Amazon Stalker. For each case, this is Blu-ray + DVD for Volume 1 as of today.

7790 Kill la Kill
7201 Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
6753 Yuru Yuri Season 1
5753 Yuru Yuri Season 2
5585 Kiniro Mosaic
5207 Non Non Biyori

I decided to compare Non Non Biyori to some other successful recent Cute Girls
Doing Cute Things (CGDCT) series. I added Kill la Kill as well just for comparison.

There seems to be a continuous insatiable thirst for CGDCT in recent years.
Remarkably, I can count eleven CGDCT anime series in 2013 alone. Clearly, we
are presently in a golden age of CGDCT. The expectation of such strong viewer
demand could help to explain the excellent production quality of Non Non Biyori.

BlueKaitoKun said:
It's a shame that there are only 4 episodes left ._. they should do a
second season.

Agreed!!!
okanaganNov 27, 2013 4:41 PM
Nov 27, 2013 4:43 PM

Aug 2011
If only KKK got this kinda love :(
Nov 28, 2013 2:56 AM

Dec 2011
Kitakubu has too much of a niche appeal. Non Non Biyori can be appreciated and loved by anyone.
Nov 28, 2013 4:35 AM

May 2013
Ugh, I hope they don't do this again. There's nothing canon between those two and it's just the typical "durr she's so cute and tries to act so mature and adult like!!11" shit. The two worst characters with an episode all focused on them, terrible.

More Natsun and Renge-chon when?
Nov 28, 2013 4:50 AM

Dec 2011
Mizusi said:
Ugh, I hope they don't do this again. There's nothing canon between those two and it's just the typical "durr she's so cute and tries to act so mature and adult like!!11" shit. The two worst characters with an episode all focused on them, terrible.

More Natsun and Renge-chon when?

Before this episode we had only had half an episode from Komari's perspective - far less than any of the other 3 main characters. Give her a chance in the spotlight too.

And Hotaru's crush on Komari is very much canon - just as it is canon that Komari doesn't even realise it.
Nov 28, 2013 5:02 AM

May 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Before this episode we had only had half an episode from Komari's perspective - far less than any of the other 3 main characters. Give her a chance in the spotlight too.

And Hotaru's crush on Komari is very much canon - just as it is canon that Komari doesn't even realise it.

To me, what saved this episode was the sketching part to the end. Renge has some mad skills and the planes flying along with the OST was really a nice touch.

And no, I don't see anything canon about that. She finds Koma cute, Hotarun isn't madly, deeply in love with her.
Nov 28, 2013 6:54 AM

May 2012
Mizusi said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

To me, what saved this episode was the sketching part to the end. Renge has some mad skills and the planes flying along with the OST was really a nice touch.

And no, I don't see anything canon about that. She finds Koma cute, Hotarun isn't madly, deeply in love with her.

Koma-chan disagrees with you >.>
Nov 28, 2013 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

"I do not feel sentimental!" LOL
It took just one episode so to cheer me up on a cold day and moralein umidaed also gray. The warm colors and the atmosphere sweet and funny, they were a lifesaver.
Plot nice and smooth, I hope to see you tuttte four seasons! * _ *
Storytelling with two faces, is very cute, see a romantic Komari-chan while in the meantime the other make the atmosphere all around funny and hilarious. Great beautiful thought to insert another new character, so the narrative is more stimulated.
Character design cute and very simple, because then fail during the whole episode to keep on good levels? D:
I love that episode too, see Komari in trouble all the time makes you so kawaii! Poor thing ...

alexpte said:

Suguru again confirmed a badass

I agree! :D

kuuderes_shadow said:
Incidentally diospyros kaki is the scientific name of a species of persimmon, and 'jiro' is a Japanese cultivar of this species. Hence the 'name' Kakijiro.

Oh! We also have some scientific references! Good! : D

P. S. Scenarios nice, too bad they are not excelled in every scene, good autumn landscapes, but Suguru's room a little more detail would have gave way to understand her taste in figures! ASD
BGM very beautiful!
Nov 28, 2013 7:52 AM

May 2013
Hell, even Yuyushiki is gayer. http://ogmansblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/classy-bean-in-stereo.gif
MizusiNov 28, 2013 8:02 AM
Nov 28, 2013 7:44 PM

Jul 2012
how can we hear suguru talk? he doesnt even have a seiyuu lol
only 4 episode till the end ,but i want more Q.Q
Nov 28, 2013 11:41 PM

Dec 2011
Feer19 said:

only 4 episode till the end ,but i want more Q.Q

Don't remind me of such things. Oh well, at least the first BR comes out only a couple of days after the last episode airs. Goodness knows how long it will take to actually arrive though.
Nov 29, 2013 3:44 AM

Oct 2009
alexpte said:

Suguru again confirmed a badass

When I look at it again, he clearly had a fetish for cat-girls..
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 29, 2013 8:13 AM

Dec 2011
It's not something you particularly notice on the first watch through.

Although it does explain his clay creation and how attached he got to it.
Nov 29, 2013 9:48 AM

Nov 2010
Slice of life at it's best
Poor Komari chan is such a clutch and not trendy
I had some good laughs with the MP3, Chou Chou and more

The environment of Autumn was brought at well and highly detailed of the forest
It was nostalgic when they brought out those fragile plane toys and threw them far away
Renge surprised me again with her witty comments

Konomi's appearance was out of nowhere, but blend in nicely

The soundtrack is so good, a must have when it's out
Nov 29, 2013 12:07 PM
Jul 2013
Poor Komari, everything goes wrong. And Renge has a natural talent for drawing, kawaii.

The last part was funny, the dried persimmon for Hotaru.
Dec 1, 2013 6:50 PM

Aug 2012
http://i.imgur.com/DMgok1o.jpg
This is the same face i make when i don't know what the hell somebody is talking about.
Dec 1, 2013 9:49 PM

May 2012
05:52 dat nekome

13:45 LOOOOL

Konomichan is my konomi.
6.5/10 for this episode.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Dec 4, 2013 5:19 PM

Jan 2012
i knew when they started drawing that ren-chan might be a decent artist xD

lovely autumn feel, there friendship is so realistic, and when they were both sleeping under the tree and she started drawing, can't help but see that and smile :) such a feel good anime, but also with humour that i can enjoy which is rare actually
Dec 7, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2012
lol we almost got to hear him!! ><

Dec 10, 2013 9:13 AM

Jan 2011
I wanted to see the other picture Ren drew, fml.
Good episode, moar.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 14, 2013 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
nooo! D: he was just about to speak
Dec 28, 2013 6:07 AM

Jul 2010
Stark700 said:
This artwork is pretty well done imo: http://i.imgur.com/XONJTQF.png
Ren-chon's drawing skills <3

I see Hotaru is very much in love with Koma-chan..Her lovely eyes are just cute .

It's very nostalgic to see those airplanes.I had played with these when I was younger.
Dec 28, 2013 8:33 PM

Feb 2012
Komari would be much more likeable if she wasn't obsessed with becoming a woman.
Dec 29, 2013 1:22 AM

Dec 2011
Sombrefloe said:
Komari would be much more likeable if she wasn't obsessed with becoming a woman.

That's a very significant part of her character, though.

Probably because she knows that next year she'll be the oldest in the school, and the following year she won't even be there any more... yet at the moment she's still really just a kid. Especially with Hotaru's arrival accentuating this, she feels as though she has a responsibility to grow up.
Dec 30, 2013 2:41 PM
Jan 2010
I had the exact same plane as Renge had as a kid. Talk about a small world.
nii-chan best girl
Dec 31, 2013 2:52 AM

Dec 2011
tytheimmortal said:

nii-chan best girl

...what?
Jan 6, 2014 12:22 AM

Oct 2012
Shintani Ryoko's character.. Such a normal girl xD
Lol.. Koma-chan owned by Hotarun

Ren-chon's realistic drawing.. so real *_*

Ah Suguru... We just want to hear your voice :(
Dried Kakijiro~ xD

Anyone notice the UMA (Unidentified Mysterious Animal)?

kuuderes_shadow said:
tytheimmortal said:

nii-chan best girl

...what?

Wat? (Insert wat pic here)
"Signature removed"
Jan 7, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, this might just be my favourite episode yet! Komari was at her most adorably hilarious, and I love what they did with Suguru playing the guitar and talking at the same time. XD And of course, the ally of justice, Stem Ranger! (which even Komari wanted to do in the end :D)

The art in this episode was beautiful once again, with the leaves being blown about and lying on the ground, and that log fire at the beginning.

So yeah, great episode, I still haven't stopped smiling. :)
"Get chance and luck!"
Jan 10, 2014 10:47 AM

Jun 2011
Wow really, the scenery in this episode, the artwork was done very well, I just had to pause on few instances to take snapshot of the scenery and set them as my computer background.

Dat guitar, nii-san's a cool dude XD
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 13, 2014 6:58 AM
Aug 2011
I wanted to see what Renge meant to draw originally.
Jan 14, 2014 5:07 PM

May 2012
Great episode! Renge sure can draw!
Jan 14, 2014 5:36 PM

Aug 2013
Koma-chan faces are the best xD

I like how the brother was casually playing guitar. The soundless brother never get old :P

Hotarun obscession for Koma-chan is disturbing xD
They are so cute :3

Ren-chon drawing is just too good, I feel like I'm such a shitty drawer... Well, in fact I am.

Stalk Ranger!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 20, 2014 6:06 PM

Aug 2008
What the shit, Renge. This motherfucker can draw!

And those toy glider planes omg I loved those as a kid. ;__;
Jan 24, 2014 12:42 AM
Jan 2013
Their brother is the best.
Jan 29, 2014 1:05 PM
Aug 2012
the day I found out that Renge is a genius/way more mature than me:/

And yo, how we couldn't hear Onii-chan talking over the guitar: hilarity. this show does a good job with its comedy
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

263 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Aug 20, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

160 by jilebi_james23 »»
Jun 18, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

235 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 29, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

162 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 21, 3:59 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

262 by Lowsttt14 »»
Mar 30, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.