Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 8, 2013 2:43 AM
Nov 2012
DStev said:
Yay for Shiina actually showing emotion.

That was the high point of the episode IMO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2013 2:48 AM

Apr 2009
Sorata can be such a jerk sometimes..
Jan 8, 2013 3:47 AM

Dec 2012
What killed me was when sorata was like "go back to working hard," shiina said the most impactful line so far in the series (next to last episode's "is this love?"): she says "then get out of me/my mind."

Ohmygawd thefeels
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2013 4:01 AM

Mar 2008
Been a while since an anime episode left me so pissed off lol. Srsly, wtf Sorata.

F*ck, now I won't be able to think straight for at least couple hours... Hate when this happens, but it only shows how good this series is, if I'm getting so excited about it.
viesiuJan 8, 2013 5:39 AM
Jan 8, 2013 4:51 AM
Nov 2012
Good episode. Highlights for me were Mashiro going all yandere on Sorata during the cooking scene x3 and the scene where Sorata yells at Mashiro. Ai Kayano's voice in that scene really sounded like her acting in Sukitte ii na yo. as Mei Tachibana, which surprised me a little.

In any case, I can't understand why Sorata yelled at Mashiro so much, since she's clearly messed up and confused over love. Help her out, Sorata ;~;

Apart from the episode, I don't know why they didn't follow up on the ending of the last episode. Did that actually happen or was it just a dream or something? :S
Jan 8, 2013 5:04 AM

Jun 2011
...I really want to backhand Sorata right now.

HOW DARE YOU YELL AT MASHIRO LIKE THAT. Fkn get it through your thick skull, you twat. Mashiro's yandere mode was so cute as well xD

But alas, there's no way I can hate this series~

5/5
Jan 8, 2013 5:06 AM

Sep 2011
Not a fan of the new OP. First one was better.

For the episode 5/5.
Jan 8, 2013 5:09 AM

Dec 2011
Love the new OP and ED!

Hahaha. Lots of funny scenes this episode, especially the knife scene "I'll cook you!" and Misaki's Christmas lift! Ahahaha.

I feel sorry for Shiina. She doesn't realize that she has feelings for Kanda.

And finally, a flag raised for Aoyama and Sorata! Woohoo.
Jan 8, 2013 5:14 AM

Oct 2011
At the beginning I was like WTF, but it turned out to be dream.
Awesome episode btw.

Jan 8, 2013 5:31 AM

Sep 2011
Anyone have any idea on the note Sorata had?
Jan 8, 2013 5:37 AM

Jun 2012
This is becoming better and better. Actually I am even surprised, because I haven't felt the urge to drop this series so far.
This show might be one of the more memorable good hearted romances.
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Jan 8, 2013 5:37 AM
Nov 2012
okay, a little shock to me ;D
and also for aoyama yeah @@

but something bugging me after watch this
Jan 8, 2013 5:40 AM

Jan 2013
I feel bad for Shiina getting yelled like that :( .
Sorata being dense as hell -_____-

Love the new OP (Konomi Suzuki once again <3 ) , but i prefer the old ED more.

Great episode after waiting for 2 weeks , it was worth it.

Well i got the feeling that something bad will happen between that promise of Sorata and Aoyama, just a feeling though.

5/5 as always.
Jan 8, 2013 6:13 AM

Sep 2010
Except for Sorata's over reactions awesome episode.....

4/5
Jan 8, 2013 6:16 AM
Dec 2011
It's possible Sorata's application was a success but next he needs to make a presentation like last time. The reason he was frustrated was probably because seeing Mashiro not doing her best made him lose some of his confidence and he thought he might fail like last time.
Jan 8, 2013 6:23 AM

May 2010
Great episode...Lovely openin & endin songs;D
Jan 8, 2013 6:33 AM

Dec 2012
Sorata was kind of like a douche towards Shiina. Not sure what was in the letter but if it was a letter of rejection then he certainly vented his anger all on Shiina. I do feel a little sad for Shiina seeing that her efforts were not appreciated, although she was really vague and wishy-washy that might cause frustration, but that was due to her not even understanding her own love for Sorata.

On the other hand, yay for Aoyama. Although Shiina is undoubtedly going to be the ending girl at least Aoyama gets into the limelight for a awhile.
Jan 8, 2013 6:38 AM

Feb 2012
very Good. I enjoyed this episode especially the scene at the end with Nanami and Sorata. It makes me feel more relieved that the chances of Sorata ending up with either the two of them goes up to fifty but i know shiina is still the one so nvm.

Dat Pinky Swear. So sweet! The sweetest scene ever in Sakurasou. Does anyone agree? :D

Does anyone notice that Aoyama's character/personality and beauty keeps on getting better and better as this show goes on? She's really very attractive now compared to Shiina, no joke.
Jan 8, 2013 6:57 AM

Sep 2008
Sorata is such an asshole. Why did this shows protagonist have to be him and not Ryuunosuke or Jin? Annoying.

Goes without saying, this episode left me disappointed.

The OP and ED were both worse than the previous ones too. Hoping JC Staff doesn't start dragging another one of their shows into the gutter.
Jan 8, 2013 6:58 AM
Apr 2012
pizza_012 said:
very Good. I enjoyed this episode especially the scene at the end with Nanami and Sorata. It makes me feel more relieved that the chances of Sorata ending up with either the two of them goes up to fifty but i know shiina is still the one so nvm.

Dat Pinky Swear. So sweet! The sweetest scene ever in Sakurasou. Does anyone agree? :D

Does anyone notice that Aoyama's character/personality and beauty keeps on getting better and better as this show goes on? She's really very attractive now compared to Shiina, no joke.

Although that was a decent scene in comparison to most of Aoyama's dull moments, the end of the last episode absolutely obliterates that scene, especially in terms of sweetness, IMO.
Jan 8, 2013 7:00 AM

Sep 2008
pizza_012 said:
You're joking right? That pinky promise was frustrating if anything. It was so obvious Sorata was being dense and didn't know how much it meant to Aoyama. It looked like he thought it was a joke and I doubt he would put any effort into ever keeping it (should it ever become difficult to do so).
Jan 8, 2013 7:05 AM
Feb 2009
two weeks i waited for this ep... just to see it ruined by that stupid kanda...
5layer said:
pizza_012 said:
You're joking right? That pinky promise was frustrating if anything. It was so obvious Sorata was being dense and didn't know how much it meant to Aoyama. It looked like he thought it was a joke and I doubt he would put any effort into ever keeping it (should it ever become difficult to do so).
i thought as well, cant bear to see it when things didnt go as aoyama planed.
flame_tiongJan 8, 2013 7:10 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Jan 8, 2013 7:06 AM

Dec 2009
Seems like it will keep getting more serious when it comes to the love in the second half.

I love the new ED, the song really makes me nostalgic. It reminds me of Christmas, oddly enough. The animation, however, is rather... meh. It works in the start, but later the heads start ignoring the pace of the music.

I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 8, 2013 7:06 AM

Sep 2012
oh god! Misaki is the best! the marriage registration letter made my day xD I wonder what is she planning for christmas trying to kick everyone out........... LOL

where did Ryuunosuke go? will be curious to see what will Rita do to him on christmas :3

Sorata has finally become a jerk huh? :/ to actually hung up on your adorable little sister is an unforgivable sin!! not to mention he keeps yelling at Mashiro D:

somehow I just have the bad feeling about Nanami's date with Sorata... please proof me wrong T.T but regardless of the outcome I will still support Nanami! ><

p/s the ED animation is a bit awkward :/
Jan 8, 2013 7:14 AM

Feb 2012
Kanda is so mind-numbingly dense its not even funny or enjoyable anymore. Not that it ever was but whatever.

Theodoricos said:
DStev said:
Yay for Shiina actually showing emotion.

That was the high point of the episode IMO.

I totally agree! I loved the change of voice and everything, Shiina's development is starting to show a lot, as opposed to the static Aoyama (she's like a bad smell, we're 13 episodes into it and she's still hanging around ruining everything with the same old shit)
erochanJan 8, 2013 7:22 AM
Jan 8, 2013 8:15 AM

Jan 2013
5layer said:
pizza_012 said:

Agree, Aoyama sets her expectations high for that promise and Sorata dense as fuck would break down her emotions obviously. =_=
Jan 8, 2013 8:18 AM

Jul 2009
Finally it's returned!

for starters, i'm going to whine and complain about how i will miss the old ED "Days of Dash" compared to the new one, but i the new ED seems to fit that arc that we are progressing through, so it guess that's alright, the new OP is good, but, it will take some time to get use too, Still, prefer the animation of the first one though,
alot of Shiina and Sorata in the OP though, just it felt like at first, they were the only ones in it, then it would slowly introduce the other characters. enough on the OP and ED onto the actual episode!

The dream was hilarious, probably woke afew people up, i didn't see it coming, the the sentence Shiina said, i could believe it, but the moment misaki, popped up, it just didn't seem as believable, then the ship scene happened that's when you just cack it, because you know it's a dream, bring back the cat sitting on your head as a wake up call is a nice way to begin a new arc.. bring back some old gags.

i'll just poke on some parts on the episode other then tearing it apart.. xD

The rooftop scene was hilarious, "Please don't rape me in broad daylight"

Hilarious, so daring misaki!

Shiina, acting more human, that was rather interesting, wanting to learn how to cook, because of misaki's actions on the roof top was sorta predictable, but it proved to be good on the comedy side, murderous intent shiina, kawaii as hell xD

Sorata, losing his cool completely at shiina, is completely justified, it's happened before and for the same trigger, it's going to be the shiina effect for now. Being rejected twice, having such high hopes for the second attempt thinking you've absolutely nailed it, and then being told it wasn't good enough, while the person closest too you, is just able to slide through everything, with little to no effort
*Remember Shiina studying and taking tests* as well as her ability to great at manga and painting. It would drive anyone insane for that short amount of time

especially when he thinks she is starting to not care about it anymore, Sorata seems like the type not to like too much to change, and is rather dependant on things saying the same and slowly changing.

And.. that was trying to not be biased at all, being a hugge nanami fanboy.

I'm incredibly happy with the development with Nanami x Sorata, can't wait to see the next episode,

Though, that bastard better not ditch her for shiina, that would be an absolute punch to the gut. for both fans and poor widdle nanami.

i would rather sorata focus on nanami then shiina, as shiina is just the plot controller.

I would love for an anime to completely flip that way of plot controlling.
just make it seem like the character "shiina" for example, but actually make the close friend be the main girl in the end.

That'll be the day.
Jan 8, 2013 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
moonbby said:
I totally agree! I loved the change of voice and everything, Shiina's development is starting to show a lot, as opposed to the STATIC Aoyama (she's like a bad smell, we're 13 episodes into it and she's still hanging around ruining everything with the same old shit)

IMO, Aoyama was not that static of a character, remember her being stubborn on her first days on Sakurasou but she gradually changed as days goes on and even I starting to like her personality. But still Sorata x Shiina ALL THE WAY xD
Jan 8, 2013 8:46 AM

Nov 2007
I LOVE the new ED.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jan 8, 2013 9:02 AM
Nov 2012
5layer said:
Sorata is such an asshole. Why did this shows protagonist have to be him and not Ryuunosuke or Jin? Annoying.

Goes without saying, this episode left me disappointed.

The OP and ED were both worse than the previous ones too. Hoping JC Staff doesn't start dragging another one of their shows into the gutter.

I agree. Sorota is bad, why he makes Shiina disappointed like that? I feel this eps so dissapointed.
Jan 8, 2013 9:03 AM
Jan 2013
Man, I hate the new op.
Jan 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Oct 2012
Sorata = dense
Jan 8, 2013 9:40 AM

Apr 2011
New opening and ending! Awesomeness.
Jan 8, 2013 9:47 AM

Jun 2010
Oh man. Sorata is releasing his frustrations upon Mashiro who loves him. Something tells me Aoyama might give her ticket to Mashiro, just so that they can reconcile.

Jan 8, 2013 9:55 AM

Dec 2010
People complaining about Sorata being dense is one thing, but acting like it wasn't expected is another. I mean who seriously expected any MC in this kind of anime to truly get it with this many episodes left, if anything the sad truth is that there are way more dense MCs then Sorata. In any case something is sooooo gonna go wrong with that promise, i can see the drama already, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered to show both Aoyama's ticket and Mashiro's invitation side by side like that at the end. Another thing failure isn't easy, we have already been down the road of Mashiro is way more talented but not to give up, but that doesn't mean he is gonna start smiling at the bitterness of such a fact, was taking it out on Mashiro who did nothing wrong bad? well of course it is, but that doesn't mean its a unatural reaction, he likely would have blown up on anyone, and to him Mashiro was acting "abnormal" so it just topped his irritation even thought Mashiro didn't deserve him yelling at her. Well hopefully Sorata and Mashiro make up on Christmas Eve, it goes without saying which pairing has more relevance at this point, shippers aside this is SorataxMashiro to lose, the little ticket this episode does nothing for Aoyama standing in my opinion, heck Sorata didn't even blush meaning he doesn't see her that way while on Mashiro's case he blushes every time, he just to dense to figure out why.
Jan 8, 2013 10:09 AM

Jun 2011
Sorata was indeed in the wrong here and far to harsh. He also let his own personal frustrations get the best of him and misplaced it at Shiina, but that is very normal and human thing to be honest though it does not make it right.

It was not like what Sorata said to Shiina was without truth though to him and even her editor it looked like she has become a little wish-washy and satisfied with the norm for her manga, that just meeting the deadline for it is enough and that she has lost some of her passion and drive towards that she had towards it at the start. Sorata seeing this is worried that she might be throwing away her chance by becoming a little to satisfied and that she could end up going downhill or losing her spark for her manga. His original feelings are of concern for her and he may of even talked to her calmly and normally to her at some point about it and it was not like he would of forced her to do anything. It is just things did not go that way and a conflict sparked at the worst time when he was feeling like crap from his letter which led to him wrongly taking his personal frustration out on Shiina on not what he was frustrated about but the other issue with Shiina. It was by no means right of him though.

We also know why Shiina is like this that she got her head filled with Sorata and that he interests and her as herself are growing. Sorata did not know she was having these feelings and thoughts and its not like if he did know he would tell her to throw them away, drop everything else and just focus on the manga. Sorata is under the misunderstanding that Shiina has just got a bit complacent and losing drive towards her work.

Nanami also read far to deeply into Sorata agreeing to go so it was fairly obvious he was not looking at it the same way she was its not like Sorata is at fault here like some people are saying.
DragoonDeusJan 8, 2013 10:34 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jan 8, 2013 10:18 AM

Dec 2010
Slicer22 said:
Nanami also read far to deeply into Sorata agreeing to go so it was fairly obvious he was not looking at it the same way she was

While that's true it still brings the question if he is gonna treat her promise as trash and go with Mashiro, because honestly even if he doesn't see Nanami's intentions i still don't see him breaking a promise with a "friend" for no reason. Some kind of drama obviously has to go down, so for a set up episode i didn't see this to be bad at all, if anything not every episode can be like episode 12.

Slicer22 said:
its not like Sorata at fault here like some people are saying.

Sorata was indeed wrong for what he did but not nearly to the extent people say, but well people always like to oversimplify things to their understanding and make the MC worse then what he really is. Just like the dense MC in this genre isn't new, the MC getting hated on isn't new either.
Jan 8, 2013 10:31 AM

Jun 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:

Slicer22 said:
its not like Sorata at fault here like some people are saying.

Sorata was indeed wrong for what he did but not nearly to the extent people say, but well people always like to oversimplify things to their understanding and make the MC worse then what he really is. Just like the dense MC in this genre isn't new, the MC getting hated on isn't new either.

Just making sure you and others know but that last bit you quoted is only about Nanami i already said Sorata is pretty much wrong for the who Shiina thing.

He may leave Nanami alone for Shiina next episode and break his promise but that is a little like when in Toradora Ryuuji decided not to wait about for Minori at the chiristmas party and go be with Taiga, though he did try to make it back for Minori but he went to who he thought needed him (and as we all know he loved) and that was a great part of Toradora with Ryuuji climbing through the window in the santa bear costume and making Taiga happy. Also Taiga realised how much she loves Ryuuji after she convinces him to leave and try and meet Minori, Taiga then runs out trying to catch him only to realise hes gone and she crys. It will be the same probably next episode Sorata going to the one who really needs him and of course deep down somewhere inside he know he loves and the one who is most important to him.
DragoonDeusJan 8, 2013 10:54 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jan 8, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2007
This show just keeps getting better and better. I prefer the original opening and ending themes but the new ones aren't bad either. I'm still supporting Nanami over Shiina though, do I'm glad they're going on a date. Looking forward to the next one!

It looks like Sorata's ring tone had changed from Alex the Kidd to Outrun!

Jan 8, 2013 11:18 AM

Jun 2009
Decent episode. The new Op and Ed are ok, but not that astonishing. I liked the old ED more, but that is just my personal taste. The new Op is just as good as the old one.

Sorata is getting annoyed by Mashiro talents just like Rita in the past and Mashiro is having love feelings for the first time. Interesting development. I also wonder why Jin is avoiding Misaki. Is he still afraid that he can't keep uo with her talents? I hope that it will work out.

Also it seems very obvious to me that Sorota is going to break that promise with Aoyama. I just get that feeling. There was so much accent on that promise between Sorata and Aoyama. Too bad. I like Aoyama more than Mashiro, but I don't see them together. Mashiro x Sorata is the unavoidable couple at the end. At least that's what I think.
Jan 8, 2013 11:32 AM
Oct 2012
The reason that Sorata was so angry was because he was rejected (his game or something).

And when Mashiro said: Then get out of me!
Its meant: Get out of my heart! you know... love.

Yea I think that Sorota will break that promise and will tell Mashiro that he also loves her and then... idontknow xD

Cant wait for the next episode!

PS YES BAD ENGLISH, Gomennasai!!
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
Jan 8, 2013 11:52 AM
Mar 2011
As someone pointed out in this thread, you cant have an anime without "cliche". with that said, im hoping for something a little "less" cliche plot. i think the most cliche thing that would happen is if Sorata breaks his promise to Aoyama. everyone can see that coming. what i like about this show is there are some originality with the events and the dialogue is diff from what ive seen in anime so far.
they could go the route of Sorata actually fulfilling his promise with Aoyama. then of course followed by mashiro finding out and getting all jealous (which is yes, cliche) but we have not seen Mashiro jealous yet. this is the better route/plot to go than Sorata breaking his promise to Aoyama <---if this happens, then we'll have an overly depressed Aoyama for the second half of this series.

but eh, speculations and peeps diff in opinions. we'll see in a week whats in store for us
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jan 8, 2013 11:56 AM

Nov 2009
It seems like the ending just leveled up XD

This is the foreshadowing before the big drama begins to start

Marow said:
Seems like it will keep getting more serious when it comes to the love in the second half.

I love the new ED, the song really makes me nostalgic. It reminds me of Christmas, oddly enough. The animation, however, is rather... meh. It works in the start, but later the heads start ignoring the pace of the music.

Agreed XD
MagicFlierJan 8, 2013 12:00 PM
Jan 8, 2013 12:08 PM

Nov 2012
Bahh...
Sorata's misdirectioned anger fucked up things. But fucked up usualy means fun and great story development, I'm glad he did it :D

And that overly attached Santa is slowly becoming my favourite character xD
Art should be left alone by those unenlightened, raw and uncensored as it is, because enough refinement was already done by it's creator, in it's creation.
Jan 8, 2013 12:10 PM

Nov 2012
I didn't think this anime could get any worse..., but Sorata just had to prove me wrong. The irritation factor for this episode was off the charts. It really seems this anime is following the 4th pattern, ie. every 4th episode will be a great one and in-between we get irritating shit. So 2 more shit episodes to come then we will get a good one.

At this point, I'm only continuing cuz I have come too far to turn back now. So I will see it thru to the end. Setting expectations to the lowest from this point onwards and I'm almost positive I will still be disappointed. Oh well, not every anime can be a Chu2.....

Episode Naxcore: 1.17 out of 5
NaxrrhidJan 8, 2013 8:45 PM
Jan 8, 2013 12:16 PM
Dec 2012
Not sure if anyone noticed but its almost a month before Christmas so I doubt that we wont find out what happens with the whole Nanami promise thing. Hopefully it wont be as cliche as people said it could be cuz that would ruin the whole show's credibility (atleast for me)

Overall one of the best eps so far. There were plot developments and emotions jammed packed into this episode but they also found a way to sneak in some utterly hilarious moments (His sister on the phone xD still laughing). Thats actually my favorite part about thiis show being that its a love triangle (not harem) that doesnt focus on stupid cliche plot developments but instead a bigger message involving dreams, hardships, jealousy, and rejection, something you dont see every once in a while.

Used to be hardcore SorataxNanami but lately Ive been split between the two but new opening already foreshadows a SorataxMashiro pairing in the end (opening has more spoilers than a Fairy Tale opening) but either way I'm chill with it. Hope it keeps getting better and continues to be the most unexpectedly good anime in a whiile.
Jan 8, 2013 12:20 PM
Oct 2010
sorata is an idiot
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jan 8, 2013 12:25 PM

Apr 2010
Aoyama finally managed to ask him along hopefully she can make her feelings clear to him since he seems to be the only one that doesn't know her feelings for him.
Shiina's is also showing clear feelings for him and the editor is also aware of this still it seems he doesn't like the things that she is doing for him.
Hopefully Sorata will realise the girls efforts at some point.

The marriage thing was so funny could not stop laughing during that scene not to mention the reaction of Aoyama.
Jan 8, 2013 12:26 PM
Sep 2011
Naxrrhid said:
I didn't think this anime could get any worse..., but Sorata just had to prove me wrong. The irritation factor for this episode was off the charts. It really seems this anime is following the 4th pattern, ie. every 4th episode will be a great one and in-between we get irritating shit. So 2 more shit episodes to come then we will get a good one.

At this point, I'm only continuing cuz I have come too far to turn back now. So I will see it thru to the end. Setting expectations to the lowest from this point onwards and I'm almost positive I will still be disappointed. Oh well, not every anime can be a Chu2.....

Happy to see there is more people that thinks the same as me about this show. You wrote what i was thinking. :)
Jan 8, 2013 12:27 PM

Oct 2011
Yay new OP and ED. I miss the old one already. TwT Sorata what are you doing!!!! Don't put your frustration onto Mashiro.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2012

289 by Nayasianboy »»
May 21, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Mar 25, 2013

641 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 13, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

402 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 4, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2012

246 by Kristhian1_ »»
May 1, 2:28 PM

Poll: » Best Girl

Shizuna - Mar 23, 2022

29 by Mochi_i »»
Mar 31, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.