Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 18, 2012 3:30 AM
Oct 2012
Seeing as Jellal didn't have a 7 year gap, team B may be at an advantage here.

But Fairy Tail being Fairy Tail, team A is probably gonna win
Nov 18, 2012 3:57 AM
Jan 2011
NwAurion said:

Natsu also defeated Jellal (and so did Erza technically, she could have killed him, and he had to resort to tricks that are not possible in this tournament environment, it also won't work twice anways i'd think), who might even have to hold back to not accidently reveal his identity.

Erza vs. Jellal (won before, only got defeated because she hugged him and he cast a spell without her noticing. Won't happen in a tournament situation)

Not really. Jellal had to hold back a lot due to having to protect his tower, also he merely toyed with Erza and had to keep her survive for the sacrifice. And no Natsu didn't defeat Jellal, he was stomping him around until he ate Etherion and even then his sudden wound prevented him from casting Abyss Break (a forbidden spell that the Phantom Lord version was stated to able to wiped half own the Magnolia instantly), basically Jellal always suffers from tons of handicaps (nerf). Jellal has always been taken in the fandom as one of the strongest mage (at least on par with Laxus, and probably quite close to Gildartz at this point), also known as the god of versatility. You will see when it comes to his fight.
--------------

For the ep the Animation is indeed derpy some part, but I'm gonna ignore it and hope that they spend every budgets left on the fights, especially Jellal's one.

And looks like the Anime team this year is so focused on the movie, OVA, filler arc and such that they forget about the OST vol 4. Seriously, it has been over a year since the release of vol 3. The amount of eargasm it provides is just too much...
Nov 18, 2012 5:12 AM
Jul 2012
Talukita said:
For the ep the Animation is indeed derpy some part, but I'm gonna ignore it and hope that they spend every budgets left on the fights, especially Jellal's one.

i thought i was the only one who noticed this. Jellal's and wendys fight better be fucking epic.
Nov 18, 2012 5:15 AM

Nov 2011
JavierR said:
i thought i was the only one who noticed this. Jellal's and wendys fight better be fucking epic.

So Wendy is joining? Interesting.. I'm still bothered why Cana is mysteriously missing lol, bitch is probably up to something
Nov 18, 2012 5:21 AM
Jul 2012
LanceC said:
JavierR said:

So Wendy is joining? Interesting.. I'm still bothered why Cana is mysteriously missing lol, bitch is probably up to something

not a game changing spoiler but some people might be bitchy and what not

Nov 18, 2012 5:41 AM

Aug 2012
The tension is high!!! I can't wait to see all the matches animated!
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 18, 2012 6:03 AM

Nov 2011
I'm so excited for Jellal's fight based from the opening, but I don't think he's going to win :( I mean Jura is the strongest from Lamia Scale, Leon is just as strong as Gray, the rest are fodders except probably Cheria because she's new. If Jura can't even win then Lamia is doomed lol If Jellal loses then B team has Laxus, Mira, Juvia and Gajeel, all top notch fighters to carry the flag. So I'm sure he loses.

Lucy vs that red Girl, I can't predict the outcome, but hopefully Lucy delivers!

Laxus should get a 1v1 too but the Sabertooth dudes plus the leader of Raven Tail and Erza are the only ones match for him. Let's see what happens
Nov 18, 2012 7:24 AM
Jan 2011
JavierR said:
Talukita said:

LanceC said:
I'm so excited for Jellal's fight based from the opening, but I don't think he's going to win :( I mean Jura is the strongest from Lamia Scale, Leon is just as strong as Gray, the rest are fodders except probably Cheria because she's new. If Jura can't even win then Lamia is doomed lol If Jellal loses then B team has Laxus, Mira, Juvia and Gajeel, all top notch fighters to carry the flag. So I'm sure he loses.

You are thinking the backward way, if Jura lost to Jellal doesn't mean anything and it just proves how big of a monster Jellal is (probably one of the strongest mages in this tournament).

I wonder how will they add extra stuffs to the fights though, it would be a wonder if they manage to drag to the point that 1 ep equals only 1 chap.
Nov 18, 2012 9:26 AM

Jul 2011
It was more like the B team=A and the A team=C.
Nov 18, 2012 2:43 PM

Sep 2007
More Mavis and Fairy Tail A and B !
Nov 18, 2012 2:50 PM

Nov 2011
pizza_012 said:
Don't underestimate Mermaid Heel's Kagura Mizukachi. She's powerful ;P

She's by far one of my favorite Characters in this arc.

Same here. She is one of my favorites to win the tournament although it's unlikely against some of the others. I won't spoil anything but based on that coolness of this episode and her leadership status, she is likely one of the strongest mages in this arc.
Nov 18, 2012 3:49 PM

Nov 2011
Talukita said:

You are thinking the backward way, if Jura lost to Jellal doesn't mean anything and it just proves how big of a monster Jellal is (probably one of the strongest mages in this tournament).

That's precisely why I think he's going to lose. He's practically the strongest mage there being one of the 2 Wizard Saints and Jura admittedly being the weakest of the 10. Jura is the only S-class level on Lamia Scale, if he loses then Lamia becomes a fodder team. I mean Lyon is only as strong as Gray and Gray isn't even near the top 5 strongest in Fairy Tail. Jellal winning is what we'd all expect given his stature, and with Jura being Lamia's only hope, I conclude that Jellal is going to lose :(
Nov 18, 2012 9:25 PM

Feb 2012
AMAZING episode!

So stocked for this season! :D
Nov 19, 2012 4:16 AM

Aug 2009
And so the competition begins! New outfits, nice humor. Just a few things bothering me:

- Jellal getting into the competition proves that the holders of this event should check the backgrounds of their competitors! Did they even check that everyone actually belongs to a guild and has a guild-mark? Obviously no, since Jellal can just waltz right in. Just wear lots of clothing and hang with the right people.

- Was Mavis watching over Zeref and when he left she had nothing to do, but meddle with the affairs of the current Fairy Tail? If were going to have ghost's too in the Fairy Tail universe than this is going to be one big mess of a story.

- Why didn't they tell the judges that Raven Tail attacked one of their members before the tournament? Even if it is allowed in the rules I bet the LAW would see this as an assault and have one of Raven Tail's members jailed. They have a witness and Raven Tail basically confessed, since seriously? How many knew that Wendy was going to be in the original team? And I bet Wendy's memory would feel suddenly feel better if she came face to face with her attacker.

- Having Raven Tail appear in the tournament, made the plot point a hundred episodes ago, where Gajeel got information of their whereabouts and gave it to Makarov, a complete waste of time!

Ugh, all these plot holes. I hope they show a lot of cleavage for every plothole I find...
Nov 19, 2012 4:56 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
- You're right about first.

- Mavis is here because she's cute and funny. Wanting her gone because she has nothing left to do would be the same as wanting Carla, Bickslow, Freed or any other not-very-important characters gone. Who cares if she's a ghost, this is a not-serious fantasy anime. ^^

- The Law and magic council is useless, thats all. Such things always happen to Fairy Tail guild and they dont do anything. They didn't say anything to Phantom Lord guild when they beat and chained Levy, Jet and Droy to a tree, they even left their guild emblem on Levy's stomach lol. It's not a surprise they don't do anything here either.

- I don't think he only learnt his whereabouts, there must be more to it (I hope^^)
JinbouNov 19, 2012 5:01 AM
Nov 19, 2012 5:48 AM

Mar 2011
Ahh Raven Tail. I have been waiting for them to pop up ever since Gajeel mentioned them. I wonder what will happen? Is Gajeel going to betray Fairy Tail some how in some weird twist?

From what I understand Gajeel is believed to be loyal to Raven Tail by infiltrating Fairy Tail? But he also told Makarov about this I think? (I may be confused here, it has been a while since I watched the episode(s) concerning this). If so I will assume he will double cross them for Fairy Tail in the end. Eh I don't know.

Fairy Tail Team B, seemed obvious, but totally surprised me XD. They look like they would destroy team A on paper at least ;O.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Nov 19, 2012 7:06 AM
Aug 2011
Stark700 said:
pizza_012 said:
Don't underestimate Mermaid Heel's Kagura Mizukachi. She's powerful ;P

She's by far one of my favorite Characters in this arc.

Same here. She is one of my favorites to win the tournament although it's unlikely against some of the others. I won't spoil anything but based on that coolness of this episode and her leadership status, she is likely one of the strongest mages in this arc.

Most of the fans were intrigued by her since her first appearance in the manga. I cannot wait to see her limit.

Shinobinomi said:
And so the competition begins! New outfits, nice humor. Just a few things bothering me:

- Jellal getting into the competition proves that the holders of this event should check the backgrounds of their competitors! Did they even check that everyone actually belongs to a guild and has a guild-mark? Obviously no, since Jellal can just waltz right in. Just wear lots of clothing and hang with the right people.

- Was Mavis watching over Zeref and when he left she had nothing to do, but meddle with the affairs of the current Fairy Tail? If were going to have ghost's too in the Fairy Tail universe than this is going to be one big mess of a story.

- Why didn't they tell the judges that Raven Tail attacked one of their members before the tournament? Even if it is allowed in the rules I bet the LAW would see this as an assault and have one of Raven Tail's members jailed. They have a witness and Raven Tail basically confessed, since seriously? How many knew that Wendy was going to be in the original team? And I bet Wendy's memory would feel suddenly feel better if she came face to face with her attacker.

- Having Raven Tail appear in the tournament, made the plot point a hundred episodes ago, where Gajeel got information of their whereabouts and gave it to Makarov, a complete waste of time!

Ugh, all these plot holes. I hope they show a lot of cleavage for every plothole I find...

Start suspecting that the organisers don't give a shit about the tournament, nor about its participants. Start making theories and don't blame it on plot holes. I'm not saying this is true nor false. It may or may not be.

That info that Gajeel gave. Think of what other info could be exchanged or what knowledge could be gained.

Ghosts? Mess? The guild master of Cait Shelter who crated Nirvana 400 years ago and Karens (Lokes previous master) ghost.

TehWhiteTiger said:
Ahh Raven Tail. I have been waiting for them to pop up ever since Gajeel mentioned them. I wonder what will happen? Is Gajeel going to betray Fairy Tail some how in some weird twist?

From what I understand Gajeel is believed to be loyal to Raven Tail by infiltrating Fairy Tail? But he also told Makarov about this I think? (I may be confused here, it has been a while since I watched the episode(s) concerning this). If so I will assume he will double cross them for Fairy Tail in the end. Eh I don't know.

Fairy Tail Team B, seemed obvious, but totally surprised me XD. They look like they would destroy team A on paper at least ;O.

You are in for a fucking ride. No joke.
Most manga readers are probably laughing and/or crying as they read your post.
Nov 19, 2012 8:17 AM

Aug 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

Start suspecting that the organisers don't give a shit about the tournament, nor about its participants. Start making theories and don't blame it on plot holes. I'm not saying this is true nor false. It may or may not be.

While it might be true there might be a conspiracy theory going on, we must remember that this is not the first time this competition is held. How come no one has noticed this after all these years? Jellal only sensed some weird magic, nothing else. Or this could be just bad story-writing.

That info that Gajeel gave. Think of what other info could be exchanged or what knowledge could be gained.

I do hope they delve deeper into it. I really do. Maybe there would be something about their experiments with Dragon Slayer Lacrimas...that would actually be interesting.

Ghosts? Mess? The guild master of Cait Shelter who crated Nirvana 400 years ago and Karens (Lokes previous master) ghost.

Ah yes, Cait Shelter. That is true, they were ghosts. They were also assholes who tried to give Wendy a few lifelong trauma's by telling her that all the people he lived, ate, slept and laughed with are all fake and then disappearing with an evil smile.

Karen wasn't a ghost though. When Locke saw her in mirrors and in flashes, he was just feeling guilty for "causing" her death. Every time he saw her was because he remembered her and started to feel guilty.
Nov 19, 2012 7:01 PM
Jul 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

i know i was
Javi-HimeNov 19, 2012 7:23 PM
Nov 19, 2012 7:18 PM

Nov 2011
JavierR said:

i know i was

What he said was true though, on paper no one team in team A is match for team B besides Natsu and Erza. Of course it's different in reality, you know, typical shounen stuff.
Nov 19, 2012 7:24 PM
Jul 2012
Nakama Power is FT's theme cmon everybody knows this.
Nov 19, 2012 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
JavierR said:

HAHAHA right. And this is Team B's weakness, just a bunch of excellent warriors who never teamed before put together.
Nov 19, 2012 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
I wasn't surprised about Mavis and the Fairy Tail B Team since OP have been spoiling us for quite awhile now.

Finally the game proper is about to begin. They didn't get to name all the individual finalists but maybe along the course of the Games?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 19, 2012 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
LanceC said:
JavierR said:

HAHAHA right. And this is Team B's weakness, just a bunch of excellent warriors who never teamed before put together.

Only for now :P

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LuckyMango

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LuckyMango

Feel free to comment on my profile for anime recommendations.
Ill try my best to help! Remember don't message me. Comment!
Nov 19, 2012 11:03 PM

Jan 2011
LuckyMango said:
LanceC said:
JavierR said:

Only for now :P

We've seen this before in a couple of other arcs:

Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 20, 2012 6:07 AM

Mar 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

TehWhiteTiger said:

XD ok then, so laughing because i'm completely wrong or ? Well I like to wait and find out ;P. Well I expect Raven Tail will have a big role in the future, and I suspect Team A will beat Team B somehow maybe <.<.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Nov 20, 2012 9:54 AM
Manga DB Admin
Aug 2012
what the... looks like Fairy Tail has a Pandaman-like character now. I'll look for her in future episodes. :P

Btw it's on 2:11 in my video.
Nov 20, 2012 10:02 AM

Apr 2008
Galliard said:
what was that character?

Time: 2min 20secs

Mashima throws such creatures in randomly. They have no deeper meaning other than being some kind of easter egg.
Nov 20, 2012 12:36 PM
Jul 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

TehWhiteTiger said:

XD ok then, so laughing because i'm completely wrong or ? Well I like to wait and find out ;P. Well I expect Raven Tail will have a big role in the future, and I suspect Team A will beat Team B somehow maybe <.<.

no spoilers for you. its for your own good XD
Nov 20, 2012 2:23 PM

Nov 2010
Oh come on, I can't wait for next episode and I don't want to read manga to spoil everything, can we get a little hint only XD

Well, Fairy Tail Team B suprised me, even more when they look blatantly overpowered... but thinking of it I realized that Team A is at least on the same power level as Team B, if not even stronger.

Gajeel... Nah, I don't think he'll betray Fairy Tail (maliciously), he's too loyal to Makarov for giving him 2nd chance. Even if he "betrays" Fairy Tail, I think he'll backstab Raven Tail in the end.

Saturday is too far away...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Nov 20, 2012 3:26 PM

Mar 2011
Aurioch said:
Oh come on, I can't wait for next episode and I don't want to read manga to spoil everything, can we get a little hint only XD

Well, Fairy Tail Team B suprised me, even more when they look blatantly overpowered... but thinking of it I realized that Team A is at least on the same power level as Team B, if not even stronger.

Gajeel... Nah, I don't think he'll betray Fairy Tail (maliciously), he's too loyal to Makarov for giving him 2nd chance. Even if he "betrays" Fairy Tail, I think he'll backstab Raven Tail in the end.

Saturday is too far away...

I agree. Team B on paper up until now has been proven as the stronger people (except maybe Juvia, although technically she was classed as a A-class wizard way back). But with all the training and extra container stuff it is harder to say who is the strongest anymore.

I think Gajeel will do something,,, but it will be some form of double cross as you said.

I have been thinking about the strength levels, how would you say up to now they have been stacked?

Gildarts > Laxus / Mystogan / Elza / Mirajane (perhaps that order but they have always been shown as a similar league imo) > Natsu / Gajeel / Gray > Elfman etc etc. Well that is a vague idea I have, but I could never figure out a more detailed list from what we have seen so far,

I also find it funny how certain things are just suddenly changed. Such as Juvia originally being called a class-a wizard but later it changed. Although I suppose that could be said that Fairy Tail had higher standards with ranks. Also how we had that whole arc about who was the strongest in Fairy Tail, and then a while later Gildarts just pops up and they all claim he was always by far the strongest, sort of making said arc redundant. But yeah off topic...

Anyway, I don't really want spoilers, but you have made me really curious now >.<.

Nov 20, 2012 4:31 PM

Mar 2012
Lets just say in all animes the protagonist are always #1

Nov 21, 2012 12:38 PM
Jul 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
Anyway, I don't really want spoilers, but you have made me really curious now >.<.

what are you curious about?
Nov 21, 2012 2:42 PM

Jul 2009
This episode definitely got me pumped up for the upcoming episodes :P
Nov 21, 2012 2:55 PM

Mar 2011
JavierR said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

Just why people who have read the manga are supposedly laughing at my comments. Am I completely wrong or..? I don't want to know really, but I am anxious to find out in the anime now ;P.

Nov 22, 2012 2:15 AM

Aug 2011
hehe i love the face of the raven tail's girl ! just amazing :P
Nov 22, 2012 4:30 PM

Sep 2011
TehWhiteTiger said:

Pretty much sums up your thoughts on what I crossed out. Not happening.
Nov 23, 2012 3:27 AM

Nov 2011
One question, on the ep they showed the rankings as well as the point distribution, like 10 points for 1st place, 8 for 2nd, 0 for 8th, etc. Was that scoring for:

1. The elimination round. So Natsu's Team has 0 points as starting while Laxus team has 8 points starting

or

2. Scores for the competition. In Juvia, Gray and Lyon's battle, for example, Juvia is 1st place, Lyon is 2nd, their teams get 10 and 8 points respectively.

I watched a messy subtitle so I didn't really get that part.
Nov 23, 2012 3:51 AM
Jan 2011
LanceC said:
One question, on the ep they showed the rankings as well as the point distribution, like 10 points for 1st place, 8 for 2nd, 0 for 8th, etc. Was that scoring for:

1. The elimination round. So Natsu's Team has 0 points as starting while Laxus team has 8 points starting

or

2. Scores for the competition. In Juvia, Gray and Lyon's battle, for example, Juvia is 1st place, Lyon is 2nd, their teams get 10 and 8 points respectively.

I watched a messy subtitle so I didn't really get that part.

The 2nd one.
Nov 23, 2012 7:17 PM

Mar 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
JavierR said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

Just why people who have read the manga are supposedly laughing at my comments. Am I completely wrong or..? I don't want to know really, but I am anxious to find out in the anime now ;P.

Lol if you wanna spoil yourself just go read the manga. Its around chapter 268 onword.

Nov 24, 2012 5:01 AM

Jun 2008
Erza you always manage to tempt the shit out of me even at the most casual of moments.
Nov 25, 2012 7:46 AM

Jan 2012
fairy tail b team is stacked
I have to believe that when things are bad I can change them
Dec 21, 2012 6:29 PM

Jul 2010
Wow didn't see that coming, Fairy Tail Team B. I'm sooo hyped up to see Jellal Mystogan in action after so many episodes!

But I'm very curious how they'll deal with this, I mean it can't be that Natsu will fight against Laxus right? I mean judging from the set up Rouge and Sting are his final enemies in this arc... right? Or it'll be finally a real fight between Natsu and Laxus though that leaves me with the question where Gajeel stands if that's the case...

I'm so looking forward to the next episodes! :D
Jan 8, 2013 11:58 PM

Sep 2008
Master Mamiko Noto is here!
There is no way Fairy Tail can lose now!
Her approval face is so adorable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2013 6:36 AM

Sep 2011
Why do I have to work!? I want to watch more!!! ;-;

SilentTruth said:
LOL @ mavis simple mind there of accepting Jellal.

LOL Mavis is fking awesome!
Jul 23, 2013 5:45 AM

May 2012
Haha epic two Fairy Tail teams! and both look really strong with one of them even Gajeel joined! I really love the first Guild Master she's such a funny and great character! Well lets see what the first round will be like!
Aug 10, 2013 5:08 PM
Oct 2010
fuckin lulz at a b team. i guess with jellal there they were able to secure their spot.

mavis <3

and at least we found out who attacked wendy
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Oct 6, 2013 9:17 PM

Dec 2012
Really like the direction this arc is taking, the games sound like they're gonna be fun. Did not see a Fairy Tail team B coming at all, good to see Mystogan (sorta) again and Laxus. Mavis is a fun and cute first guild master, hope she remains around as a ghost.
Mar 15, 2014 5:12 PM

Oct 2013
Fairy tail team B sure looks tough,and why do i get the feeling that Gajeel is going to betray them somehow cuz Ivan was talking to Gajeel to act like he is a friend to all the member's of Fairy tail and a good guy,that was in episode 45.

Mar 17, 2014 4:52 PM

Jan 2013
I'm so glad that we have more Mavis <3 she is so adorable :D
Epic 2 Fairy Tail teams xD
Jellal will be participating...interesting.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Question for anime watchers

Killua7566 - Aug 9

36 by ChuckleFunker »»
Sep 21, 1:49 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Mar 15, 2010

116 by Cammell »»
Sep 18, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Feb 1, 2010

81 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

garfield15 - Jan 25, 2010

108 by Cammell »»
Sep 16, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Jan 18, 2010

86 by Cammell »»
Sep 15, 11:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.