Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 9, 9:46 AM
Jul 2019
I haven't read very good opinions about this series. What are the best arcs? Is there a point at which the story gets drastically worse? Should I watch the entire series or watch a few arcs and drop it?
Aug 9, 9:57 AM

Feb 2024
Whty don't you just wacth the first episode and make up your own mind?
Aug 9, 10:08 AM
Jul 2021
just give it a watch. watch first few arcs and you'll know how good it actually is. when I started it, I didn't have much expectations as I heard many bad things about this anime, like being childish and the entire "power of friendship" stuff, but NO, there isn't much Power of Friendship stuff, there's an actual GOOD plot. It's definitely one of my top 10 anime and I'm thinking of giving it a rewatch.
Aug 9, 10:09 AM
Mar 2019
stop reading negative comments also read the positive review, the anime is good but not good for everyone what I mean is some people like this type of anime while others don't it's base on preferences just watch it if it hits those boxes of preferences you like in an anime.
Aug 9, 10:25 AM
Jun 2023
Tartarus arc is my personal favorite. The final season has a lot of rushed fights, plots and scenes (still pretty good imo) but the finally is definitely gonna make up for the rushed stuff in 100 Year Quest
Aug 9, 10:38 AM
Apr 2024
KillerWaffle50 said:
Tartarus arc is my personal favorite. The final season has a lot of rushed fights, plots and scenes (still pretty good imo) but the finally is definitely gonna make up for the rushed stuff in 100 Year Quest

Spoiler for final season:

Also the fact that Mavis and Zeref kissed twice yet we didn’t get a real confession or kiss from any of the main ships (besides gajeel and levy, but they didn’t kiss) 😭
Aug 9, 10:44 AM
Jun 2023
katsuki1over said:
KillerWaffle50 said:

Also the fact that Mavis and Zeref kissed twice yet we didn’t get a real confession or kiss from any of the main ships (besides gajeel and levy, but they didn’t kiss) 😭

ALSO SPOILERS FOR FINAL SEASON

I personally think the whole Mavis and Zeref ship was built up well in ZERO and the Gajeel and Levy ship was slowly built up through out the series.
Aug 9, 10:54 AM
Apr 2024
KillerWaffle50 said:
katsuki1over said:

ALSO SPOILERS FOR FINAL SEASON

I personally think the whole Mavis and Zeref ship was built up well in ZERO and the Gajeel and Levy ship was slowly built up through out the series.

SPOILER

Yeah, I did enjoy seeing their love story play out as well as Gajeel and Levy. It wasn’t rushed or anything, I’m just disappointed they kept teasing us with NaLu and basically confirmed Lucy was in love with Natsu but we didn’t get a real confirmation. Also I looked up if NaLu and if Gruvia would be official back when i was watching season one, and I got false information that they did so I watched the whole series thinking they would actually confess in the final season. When i got to the part when Juvia saved Gray I thought he would confess (because it heavily hinted he realized his feelings for her imo), and I was so sad they didn’t bc they’re my favorite ship. We’ll see abt 100 Years Quest, I heard there’s a lot of good scenes for us shippers, and so far it seems promising.
Aug 9, 11:09 AM
Oct 2021
Honestly fairy tail is one of these shows either u like it either you hate it. Just start by watching the first ep and make your own idea about it
Aug 9, 12:19 PM

Aug 2020
Killua7566 said:
I haven't read very good opinions about this series. What are the best arcs? Is there a point at which the story gets drastically worse? Should I watch the entire series or watch a few arcs and drop it?

I watched this showed unbiased and didn’t really want to see any reviews. It was good at first but later on after the grand magic games it kinda fell off imo simply bc there was a lot of asspulls and there was a lot of things that I didn’t really like about. The filler arc after the grand magic games was bad and The tartaros arc didn’t interest me and introduced a lot of things and shifted the series. The series started off as a character driven show then it was more story focused but it was like too late for that I didn’t really cared much about it. The final season was mediocre tbh. 100 years quest is the best part of the series imo. So overall I would say that fairy tail as a whole was ok. the characters are amazing and their interactions and chemistry, I didn’t really like much of the story bc I think it was executed poorly. But aside from that the soundtrack, openings, especially the ending themes are very great as well. Ik it might sound a bit bad but I enjoyed the 1st and 1/4 of the second season, I didn’t enjoy 3/4ths of the second season and the final season, but I’m enjoying the 100 years quest so far (anime and manga) I would say start off watching the first few episodes if u don’t like it then I guess drop the show if u want to.
Aug 9, 12:30 PM
Aug 2022
Killua7566 said:

Not gonna lie, just don’t watch it, It ain’t that good
Aug 9, 12:39 PM

Jan 2023
Killua7566 said:

If you skip the filler arcs then for me is one of the best shonens. So yes, give it a try
Aug 9, 12:45 PM
Dec 2021
One of the best chill animes, don’t expect a lot because it’s not amazing but pretty good. Lots of character developments and relations. Just enjoyable idk why people hate the “Power of Friendship” thing so much. It’s literally what the show is about.
Aug 9, 12:47 PM
May 2022
I disliked this anime. but it's mainly becoz I watched all the big animes n of this type first and didn't like seen things I seen before and characters who are alike. I love basilisk but know its not good. judge n try for yourself. if some one told me to only watch chimera ant arc in hunter x hunter I wouldn't of loved it as much I don't think.
Aug 9, 12:57 PM
Aug 2023
I didn’t care much for fairy tail. If you like overpowered mc who overcomes everything through the power of friendship then this is for you. But what do I know. I gave Eden zero season 2 a 9 rating. So touché. Watch a season see how you feel.
Ghost_EquinoxAug 9, 1:01 PM
Aug 9, 1:53 PM

Sep 2022
Killua7566 said:

Based on your fav 10 I can definitely assure you not to start watching this shit will definitely save your couple of weeks and it wouldn't suited your taste either. You can thank me later your saving your valuable time.
Aug 9, 2:21 PM

Feb 2014
Killua7566 said:

Watch it until the Oracion Seis arc (Which I consider the peak of the series), then you can drop it if you want.
If you really end up liking it, though, you can watch it until the Tenroujima arc or the first half of the Magic Games arc.
Aug 9, 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
If you love Shounen even a little, You'll love this.
Aug 9, 3:22 PM
Nov 2023
Killua7566 said:

Hii ! I saw this anime when i was a late child so i might be biased, but honestly, it’s worth watching it, the few things that can be said tho is that there’s a lot of fan service. But overall i think its story is really good to watch, so maybe you should give it a try. My favourites arcs are Tenrou island arc, Grand Magic games Arc, Tartaros Arc and Alvarez arc. But you should watch from the start if you wanna understand everything :)
And i don’t think that there is a particular point where it gets bad
Aug 9, 5:45 PM
Dec 2022
I'd advise you to read the manga instead but if you wanna go for the anime and don't mind the filler arcs, go for it.
Aug 9, 9:10 PM
Dec 2020
I started watching this show back when it was on Netflix. They only had the first 40-something episodes. It didn't strike me as anything special, and I honestly forgot about it. It was months later when I discovered there was more and continued watching it, and I'm glad I did. To this day it is one of my top, if not favorite, series of all time.
Aug 9, 9:28 PM
Nov 2022
Killua7566 said:

if it was that much worse then it wouldn't be so popular right?
Aug 9, 9:37 PM
Jul 2024
idk lol but the anime is good out of 600+ anime I've watched this is the best one
Aug 9, 9:58 PM
Jun 2024
bro fucking 600???
Aug 10, 1:34 AM
Jan 2024
Antimetaious said:
idk lol but the anime is good out of 600+ anime I've watched this is the best one

bro you have like 16 completed anime on your acc... 💀 600?
Aug 10, 2:21 AM
Apr 2024
I think that it's just bad, but I think you should watch it if you want to, don't mind the reviews, everyone has their own taste. So if you want, give it a try, watch some episodes, and see for yourself.
Aug 10, 5:32 AM

May 2009
The show is IMO good until the Tenrou arc. At that point the quality drops drastically. That is 253 episodes. After that there is a time skip which is detremental to the stroytelling, with some plotpoints being dropped, some leading nowhere, some new ones being introduced which are objectively dumb. Fight lose tension. The quality of the animation and narrative pacing take a dive.

I recommend you starting the show and not feeling bad for quitting when you no longer enjoy it. Who knows, maybe you enjoy the whole thing.

After quitting the anime I read the manga for completionist sake. The Zero arc is fine (a prequel manga IIRC, adapted in episodes 266-275).
Aug 10, 9:16 AM
Nov 2023
Honestly, I only recommend watching this if you can watch it with a grain of salt. As in, it’s clearly best enjoyed by people who watched it as their first or one of their first Anime. A lot of the hate is due to people watching Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and other newer improved Shonen, before watching Fairy Tail, and then not liking it cause of how used to they are of Shonen troupes, like power of friendship and protagonist plot armour. It was meant to be people’s Naruto, something they watched first, or early on as a kid and treasure deeply cause of nostalgia. There’s no point watching such a long Anime like Fairy Tail and ending up joining all those other people who hate it.

Most consider the best 3 arcs to be Grand Magic Games Arc (around midway), Tenrou Island Arc (also midway in), and Tartaros Arc (towards the end part of FT).
Aug 10, 11:14 AM
Nov 2023
Fairy tail is one of my absolute favorites. but if i'm being objective - there's MANY plotholes or things that you'll roll your eyes to. the thing is that every good show needs a healthy balance between the viewers emotional investment in the plot to the viewers emotional investment in the characters. and while most shows have an imbalance of over- investment on the plot and not enough emotional investment in the character- fairy tail is the opposite. It ovrely invests in the emotional connection to the characters while it neglects how reasonable the plot is. overall i highly recomend the show if your capable of letting go of reason to gain a heart warming anima. these characters get deep into your heart - so if u do give it a shot- watch it from the very start.
Aug 10, 11:30 AM

Jun 2011
Fairy Tail has a bad reputation, but it has its own charm, and it's a fun show in its own way. Watch the show and judge it for yourself.

Some of my favorite arcs are Phantom Lord arc, The Battle of Fairy Tail arc, Edolas arc and Tenrou Island arc.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 11, 1:00 AM
Apr 2017
Killua7566 said:

I suggest reading the synopsis and watching a few episodes. If you enjoy it, keep watching; if not, drop it.

There's no sense in reading others' opinions if every single person is different, I learned this because I like some animes, shows and movies that most of my friends don't
Aug 11, 9:33 AM
Jun 2019
Killua7566 said:

Many people don't have a good opinion because they didn't place the necessary attention while watching it, many others think of it as a masterpiece.
Aug 11, 9:37 AM
Jun 2019
Ghost_Equinox said:
I didn’t care much for fairy tail. If you like overpowered mc who overcomes everything through the power of friendship then this is for you. But what do I know. I gave Eden zero season 2 a 9 rating. So touché. Watch a season see how you feel.

🤦🏻‍♂️
Aug 11, 9:56 AM
Jan 2017
Well fairytail is a really good anime.
But like most anime it also has it flaws.
It starts strong but gets slow after awhile this ofc is needed as rushing things is never a good thing, this is proven in the last arc.
Aug 12, 8:35 PM
Jan 2023
Personally I had fun watching it, but I wouldn’t watch it again. It’s extremely plain and corny at times but it has enough fun characters and scenarios to be entertaining if you don’t mind the obnoxious fan service.
Aug 14, 12:31 AM
Apr 2018
I watched most of the anime and read all the manga, the plot is decent but you'll get tired of out of nowhere wins because of friendship and such tbh. It's good for beginners but after a while you get tired of the repetition
My Candies:
My Bonus Candies:

More topics from this board

» According to you, who is the best waifu in Fairy Tail? ( 1 2 3 )

FruitPunchBaka - Mar 26, 2023

121 by Mann-_- »»
Aug 12, 2:13 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 58 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Emiko_Chan - Dec 13, 2010

102 by AnimatedAddict »»
Aug 6, 6:25 PM

» Should i watch any filler?

AceAdrian1 - Jul 30

20 by LucaDude »»
Aug 2, 11:27 PM

» Would Fairy Tail be considered the Johnny Test of anime?

Tsubaki5386 - Aug 1

5 by Theo1899 »»
Aug 1, 11:20 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 83 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 10, 2011

85 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Jul 31, 6:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.