Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 21, 2012 5:57 AM

Jun 2010
This is what I've been waiting for the whole arc. OMG! Too epic!!! *Speechless*
Oct 21, 2012 6:22 AM

Jul 2010
chikkychappy said:
Bigbuffoon said:

I think this version's animation bested the 99 version by miles

*dies laughing*

lol wut

You know that old animations, having low number of pixels, exhibit bad quality especially in dark room scenes. Sure, the action was fast-paced in the 99 version, but that does not make it better than the 2011 one since both were fluid enough. The 2011's somewhat slower transition during each attack (esp. physical ones) was appropriate since the room was spacious, and the appearance of Nen was faithful to the manga. And so far, only in this battle scene will I give the nod to 2011 over 99 (I normally prefer 99 over 2011 on soundtracks)

I respect your opinion, but I do not see what was funny in mine :P
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Oct 21, 2012 6:22 AM

Sep 2008
x5exotic said:
edl01 said:
OK since no one has brought this up yet:
The Zoldyk's really suck as assassins don't they? I mean isn't an assassin meant to kill a target quietly without being seen and stuff? How is a giant purple dragon and freaking NEN LAZORS stealthy by and sense of the word?
Also lol at the people trying to say the animation in this version is worse than the 99 versions, I mean there is opinion...and then there is just being plain wrong...by the way golden eye looks well better than the new call of duty.

Not necessarily, an assassin's job is to kill someone. The means are up to him. Not all assassins are ninja

what he said plus, it's not like they are hiding that they are assassins so they don't have to do anything by stealth. Chrollo is also a target that simply can't be killed silently, he is too strong for that.

---
But about the episode

This fight was better than Kurapika vs Ubogin imo but I still prefer the old version of this fight. It was good though but the fight from the 99 is my favorite and this was not enough to top it. The episode was good though looking forward to more.
Oct 21, 2012 6:32 AM

Jul 2012
Epic episode, the fight was one of the bests i have ever seen... But, i didn't watch the first series, is Kuroro already dead?

Oct 21, 2012 6:41 AM
Mar 2012
I honestly prefer this version, I like how the fight was completely clear and not just some dark colors everywhere as if they ran out of animation budget, the second music wasn't that bad either
Oct 21, 2012 6:51 AM

Aug 2012
I really liked this ep, though I had some minor irritations while I was watching it, nothing really notable. Appreciated the filler added, especially since it ended the ep where it did (xD) and I like seeing the kids running and Kurapika squirming

As for the fight, I don't care about it as much as some people, but I still thought the start was a bit iffy in quality. Liked the stuff from the benz knife and after though. (and zenooooooooo)
oh, the VAs were brilliant this ep too (I was getting irritated by the "Bean" guy's VA for a while, so maybe the rest stood out more or something)
Oct 21, 2012 7:35 AM

Feb 2008
Ah, such a wonderful episode! I'm finally starting to feel like giving this remake a 10.
I think my only complain, was that on the original this fight was on a dark room. I think it added to the atmosphere and made fight feel a bit more intense. Still, the fighting itself was better than the previous version, congrats Madhouse.
xFo0x said:
Epic episode, the fight was one of the bests i have ever seen... But, i didn't watch the first series, is Kuroro already dead?

Oct 21, 2012 7:57 AM

Jul 2012
Great episode, just wish they got to the fight sooner in the episode.

Oct 21, 2012 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
Zoldecks are the SHit
5\5 this week :)

hurry up
can't wait for Geedisland
Oct 21, 2012 9:24 AM

Oct 2010
wow so epic
Oct 21, 2012 9:50 AM

Mar 2012
Good, could've been better.
End Zionazism
Oct 21, 2012 9:56 AM

Jul 2010
I'd like a new OP please Madhouse.

EPIC episode as always. Can't wait to see more of the fight.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Oct 21, 2012 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
^ This is pretty much the last fight of this arc. The rest will focus more on the story

Good episode.
Oct 21, 2012 10:51 AM

Jan 2012
5/5 episode. But i really did prefer this fight in the original
Oct 21, 2012 11:14 AM

Apr 2007
I can't wait till we get past GI (which we better) so you guys can stop comparing both anime in like every episode thread.

It baffles me that I didn't remember anything about this fight, because it's all sorts of awesome~~

fishergirl16 said:
But man... the Boss of the Troupe is too sexy... xD
I agree, but only think he looks sexy with his hair down. Why you comb it back Chrollo? ;^;
Oct 21, 2012 2:39 PM

Dec 2010
That was EPIC XD
Oct 21, 2012 3:20 PM

Nov 2011
The Zoldyks rock

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 21, 2012 6:44 PM

Jun 2012
That was really cool with the battle still going on. Things are getting even more intense as the troupe enters the building. The fight near the end of the episode was amazing, brought back memories of the Hunter exam.
5/5

Oct 21, 2012 6:51 PM

Jan 2010
Epic!

This is the best shounen arc to date in my opinion, and this fight is one of its finest moments!

And I liked this new version of this fight lol
Oct 21, 2012 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
Wow! Smokin"

Now only if Naruto would follow suit...
Oct 21, 2012 9:51 PM

May 2011
Chibi_Ubu said:
Wow! Smokin"

Now only if Naruto would follow suit...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Impossible...;/
Oct 21, 2012 10:24 PM
Mar 2012
I might be a Die hard 99' HxH version fan, but these last couple of weeks MH has really stepped up the quality of the series. It's no longer childish nor happy so I'm pretty satisfied with the way the new adaptation is going.

About this particular episode however... I felt they were lazy in many regards.
The bright hall where the fight develops seems unfiting, The pacing was kinda off... And by far my most obvious complain has to be the colorless Nen... That air escaping sound effect they use, for nen, really drives me insane =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNH4zodURxc&feature=related

What new fans don't get... It's not that we hate MH version, but the fact you feel kind of dumb while you watch it. They spoon feed you with special attack kanji presentations (that felt corny even in the manga)

For me what matters is the overall enjoyment factor... And 99' footstep, jump, nen sound effects really gave it own personality to the series, and cranked up that enjoyment factor in the process. They are those little things some of Us miss, but this (adaptation) isn't be any means a bad one to watch.

Hope we get color nens when hatsus get developed tho' :D
kronoxSOct 21, 2012 10:45 PM
Oct 21, 2012 11:04 PM
Jun 2012
kronoxS said:
I might be a Die hard 99' HxH version fan, but these last couple of weeks MH has really stepped up the quality of the series. It's no longer childish nor happy so I'm pretty satisfied with the way the new adaptation is going.

About this particular episode however... I felt they were lazy in many regards.
The bright hall where the fight develops seems unfiting, The pacing was kinda off... And by far my most obvious complain has to be the colorless Nen... That air escaping sound effect they use, for nen, really drives me insane =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNH4zodURxc&feature=related

What new fans don't get... It's not that we hate MH version, but the fact you feel kind of dumb while you watch it. They spoon feed you with special attack kanji presentations (that felt corny even in the manga)

For me what matters is the overall enjoyment factor... And 99' footstep, jump, nen sound effects really gave it own personality to the series, and cranked up that enjoyment factor in the process. They are those little things some of Us miss, but this (adaptation) isn't be any means a bad one to watch.

As a Hunter x Hunter fan who is tired of the constant arguments between the 1999 fan base and the 2011 fan base, I just want to say that I love how you voiced your opinion about this episode. I wish more fans could be this reasonable and open-minded, myself included.
Oct 22, 2012 12:05 AM

Feb 2011
Monochrome said:
I can't wait till we get past GI (which we better) so you guys can stop comparing both anime in like every episode thread.

It baffles me that I didn't remember anything about this fight, because it's all sorts of awesome~~

fishergirl16 said:
But man... the Boss of the Troupe is too sexy... xD
I agree, but only think he looks sexy with his hair down. Why you comb it back Chrollo? ;^;

I totally agree if only Lucifer would keep his hair down all the time that will be exciting. :)
Oct 22, 2012 6:05 AM

Jul 2010
kronoxS said:

Hatsus were given color in the new version. Uvo has red, Kurapika has yellow (green for the cross), and obviously Zeno and Silva have violet. The colorless ones in the new version are Ten and Ren. Old version has colors for Ten and Ren if I remember it correctly.

And yeah, technique naming might be corny, but it's better than not knowing the names at all, or worse, having them scream the technique names like how most other shounen anime do. I like the stylish kanji, after all :)
BigbuffoonOct 22, 2012 6:19 AM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Oct 22, 2012 12:34 PM

Aug 2008
We fucking get it already, you guys love your nostalgia. At this point it seems like you guys are LOOKING for something to nitpick about.

It's been 52 episodes already, if Madhouse hasn't met your demands/requests/ideas then it's time to let 'em go. Complaining every damn week is stupid.
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Oct 22, 2012 2:22 PM

Oct 2009
granpa u roxx :0

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 22, 2012 3:19 PM

Sep 2008
nooblet606 said:
We fucking get it already, you guys love your nostalgia. At this point it seems like you guys are LOOKING for something to nitpick about.

It's been 52 episodes already, if Madhouse hasn't met your demands/requests/ideas then it's time to let 'em go. Complaining every damn week is stupid.

or we can say our opinion on a forum..it so happens a forum is there for that purpose.
Oct 22, 2012 4:06 PM

Aug 2008
Mephz said:
nooblet606 said:

or we can say our opinion on a forum..it so happens a forum is there for that purpose.

I have no problem with opinions, I have a problem with repetition.

-Complaining about the animation in a particular episode = no problem
-Comparing 99 vs 11 every week = problem

We get it that they prefer the 99 version. No need to remind us every week.

If they really feel like comparing, they should compare arcs or major fights. Not every damn episode.
- Signature Removed -
The signature seriously lacked "It's a Sony" qualities.
Oct 22, 2012 4:40 PM

Sep 2008
nooblet606 said:
Mephz said:
nooblet606 said:

If they really feel like comparing, they should compare arcs or major fights. Not every damn episode.

or we don't listen to your opinion on the subject? Perhaps we wish to compare every episode? It's our choice not yours.
Oct 22, 2012 7:06 PM

Apr 2007
nooblet606 said:

Or they could compare in the thread that, you know, was created for such a purpose.
Oct 23, 2012 2:06 AM

Oct 2010
Only three things to say
If they start showing more blood it will be like hellsing .
Some times i wonder if the age rating of 13 is right and why not 17.
I guess this 2011 version will overtake the 1999 version in ratings on MAL.
Oct 23, 2012 8:22 AM

May 2011
All I have to say about this episode other than what's obvious...
I was so waiting for
to show up at the end. xD (Ref. to 1999 ver. )
I cannot wait for the Spider Arc and the movie~~ ^-^
Oct 24, 2012 2:46 PM

Jul 2009
That fight was simply mesmerizing. It takes a lot to impress my cynical, jaded self these days, but the hairs on my neck stood up when Zeno let rip with his attack.
Oct 24, 2012 3:02 PM
Mar 2012
nooblet606 said:

There is no problem with comparing, and people here praise the 11 version when it does a great job, they aren't really stubborn. Without any comparing, this forum wouldn't even get a quarter of the attention it usually has, it's like the sao forums where everyone is talking about the light novel. Not to mention that if it wasn't for comparing, people will forget about the old version
Oct 24, 2012 8:45 PM

Apr 2012
Kurapika being forced to babysit neon when he was in front the door, and him actually obeying the order didn't make any sense. I know that he isn't Sasuke but still it doesn't fit his personality. Especially when you keep in mind the scene where
Don't remember what happened in the 1999 version but it was more logical than that

Also Zeno and that laugh, that was weird and out of place, I know they wanted him to seem more sadist and badass but they completly ruined his character. He is supposed to be a veteran, cold assassin who only cares about the money, the first line he said in the previous episode is a proof of that and
brimskebOct 24, 2012 9:15 PM
Oct 25, 2012 2:04 AM

Oct 2011
^ You do realize that he didn't know Chrollo was inside the room? And his job is to protect her, and they already established the rule where if they called he'd come back asap.

And enjoying killing someone is different from enjoying combat. Big difference.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2012 4:44 PM
Oct 2011
I really liked the new adaptation of this fight...

but I kinda missed this part..

Oct 25, 2012 7:36 PM

Aug 2012
^I only miss Danchou's beautiful earrings.
Oct 26, 2012 12:23 AM

Mar 2012
5/5 enuf said..
Keep moving forward
Oct 27, 2012 7:01 PM
Oct 2012
Those 2 purple balls look damn sick..
Oct 31, 2012 6:54 PM
Feb 2012
CHALLENGE TIME:

Around 10:52-10:53 ish pause at the exact moment(s) we see

1. Phinks (when he runs past the dude not him charging the camera)
2. Feitan (again running past the dude not him charging the camera)
3. Decapitated Head

and yes they do appear.
Nov 1, 2012 5:59 AM

Dec 2007
1000/5 !!

Damn that episode was SO EPIC !!!
Apr 17, 2013 10:27 PM

Jun 2009
I thought it was pretty awesome. I think the worst thing about my experience with '2011 is coming to these forums and seeing people complain and compare to the '99 series every damn time. Like another poster said, I don't mind people complaining about what they feel is flaws in the series but, man, every time I come here it's "one or the other did this better".
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 5, 2013 9:23 PM

May 2012
Man, awesome fight as always :)
Jun 9, 2013 6:20 PM

Nov 2011
I don't think he would die that easy...I smell a rat. Otherwise, nice fight. No wonder the elderly are to be feared.
Jul 6, 2013 6:26 PM
Jan 2013
i just re-watched the Best Episodes in HXH and episode 52 is one of them

f***ing Amazing animation Epic Fight
Jul 11, 2013 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
Silva & Zeno FTW!
Jul 11, 2013 6:31 PM

Dec 2012
Also Zeno and that laugh, that was weird and out of place, I know they wanted him to seem more sadist and badass but they completly ruined his character. He is supposed to be a veteran, cold assassin who only cares about the money, the first line he said in the previous episode is a proof of that and

Even though Zeno is a veteran, he enjoys killing people. So that laugh makes sense to me.
Aug 2, 2013 4:05 PM
Jul 2012
Wow, this episode is quite amazing.
The fight was totally psychological and mind blowing knowing the opponent's move. That's quite awesome.
Everything is crazy. Kurapika is now getting mad, and in the preview holy shit things are going down again with his eyes.
Also, holy crap Illum is back crazy! O:
5/5 pretty better episode than the last one. awesome arc.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 78 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

gedata - May 4, 2013

150 by Nerdason »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HybridMBL - Apr 27, 2013

264 by Nerdason »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 76 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RX-782 - Apr 20, 2013

289 by Nerdason »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kefkiroth - Nov 5, 2011

186 by Tenhopaugordinho »»
Yesterday, 9:40 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Keiz - Oct 29, 2011

174 by Tenhopaugordinho »»
Yesterday, 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.