Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2012 1:39 PM
Aug 2011
I remember watching the 1999 version a while back. I have also read some of the manga and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. How is the new series in relation to the 99 series and more importantly how is it in regards to portraying the manga?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 16, 2012 1:49 PM
Oct 2011
The 2011 version starts colorful and fast-paced and adventurous unlike the 1999 version, but gets darker around the Zoldyck Family arc.

The action is greatly made in it; Gon vs Hisoka had great choreography, Kastro vs Hisoka was adapted fully, Kurapika vs Uvo was great too.

They censored some gore from the Hunter Exam and Heaven's Arena, but they let all the gore out in Yorkshin, it's pretty gory and dark, way more gory than the 1999 version, in the latest episode it was a gore fest.

Kite didn't appear in the first episode of the 2011 version, he'll appear later on after Greed Island.

The 2011 version is more faithful to the manga than the 1999 version, the old one changed some stuff from the manga and added some fillers.
Candor123Oct 16, 2012 1:54 PM
Oct 16, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
I personally think it's doing great at portraying the manga, though I do feel like all in all, it's around the same level as the 1999 one in that aspect.
Both versions altered/omitted/added things.. and when I was watching them, I felt like the 1999 one was more focused on what they were doing at that time, while the 2011 one is more focused on what's going to happen later.... if I'm making sense.
..In other words, I feel like the 1999 anime (by changing it) expanded on the stuff put in the manga segment they adapted, whereas the 2011 anime (by changing it) smoothly paved the way for later developments in the manga that they're going to eventually adapt. and I'm still not sure I worded that better.
They excel in different areas (plus, a lot is dependent on taste/preference) so basically, both are good.
Oct 17, 2012 7:34 AM

Sep 2012
2011 in my opinion , better animation , sound effects , and feels way more epic xd.. anyways the only thing I hated about 2011 version it have no gore in the first arcs but it gets way more gory in the latest episodes .. anyway's manga is the most accurate but 2011 is way more fun .. Have fun :)
Oct 17, 2012 7:40 AM

Mar 2012
Viralz said:
Summery

Manga - best violence & gore, original.

1999 - best music and dark tones.

2011 - best animation, more faithful to manga.

No, no and no.
End Zionazism
Oct 17, 2012 7:58 AM

Sep 2012
Mikasa said:
Viralz said:
Summery

Manga - best violence & gore, original.

1999 - best music and dark tones.

2011 - best animation, more faithful to manga.

No, no and no.

Why not.. everything he said is correct :) cheers
Oct 17, 2012 8:06 AM

Mar 2012
Eps like 45 surpass the manga in violence, and blood in anime has the advantage of actually being red so that's a + for anime (both) over manga when used.

1999 better music, but not really (as) dark (as the others).
End Zionazism
Oct 17, 2012 8:27 AM

Sep 2012
Well actually to correct things up.. remember when Killua killed Jhoness ? In the 1999 version Killua crushes his heart but in the 2011 version , Killua has a crappy plastic bag that only throws it down.

And about how dark it is, I give my vote to 1999 version not only in the Yorknew arc but in almost all -except greedisland arc-
Oct 17, 2012 9:09 AM
Oct 2011
FateXFake said:
Well actually to correct things up.. remember when Killua killed Jhoness ? In the 1999 version Killua crushes his heart but in the 2011 version , Killua has a crappy plastic bag that only throws it down.

And about how dark it is, I give my vote to 1999 version not only in the Yorknew arc but in almost all -except greedisland arc-
It was his clothes. 1999 version is also guilty from (horrible) censoring too:
Oct 17, 2012 10:43 AM

Jan 2012
meshimoon said:
I personally think it's doing great at portraying the manga, though I do feel like all in all, it's around the same level as the 1999 one in that aspect.
Both versions altered/omitted/added things.. and when I was watching them, I felt like the 1999 one was more focused on what they were doing at that time, while the 2011 one is more focused on what's going to happen later.... if I'm making sense.
..In other words, I feel like the 1999 anime (by changing it) expanded on the stuff put in the manga segment they adapted, whereas the 2011 anime (by changing it) smoothly paved the way for later developments in the manga that they're going to eventually adapt. and I'm still not sure I worded that better.
They excel in different areas (plus, a lot is dependent on taste/preference) so basically, both are good.

I'm sorry but you don't know what your talking about...The 1999 did way more than just alter/omit/change the story. It interpereted the story completely different. It CONTRADICTED the manga. The 2011 anime doesn't. So i don't know where you getting your information from but it's not the same what so ever.
Oct 17, 2012 1:55 PM

Aug 2012
noonealive said:
meshimoon said:

I'm sorry but you don't know what your talking about...The 1999 did way more than just alter/omit/change the story. It interpereted the story completely different. It CONTRADICTED the manga. The 2011 anime doesn't. So i don't know where you getting your information from but it's not the same what so ever.

......so you basically agree with me. (except you're a bit more extreme/pro-MH.)
I suppose you're just better at getting the particular idea across~ (and in less words too)
Oct 17, 2012 2:10 PM

Sep 2010
And in comes the "you can't say anything positive about the 1999 series" trolls.
Anime_NameOct 18, 2012 8:40 PM

Oct 17, 2012 2:46 PM
Mar 2012
The censoring decreased a lot so what's the problem? 99 didn't even bother showing the complete hisoka vs kastro fight
Oct 17, 2012 2:56 PM

Sep 2010
noonealive said:
meshimoon said:

That's a big word, contradicted. Maybe one day you'll learn how to use it right.

Oct 17, 2012 4:45 PM

Aug 2012
Shaduge said:
The censoring decreased a lot so what's the problem? 99 didn't even bother showing the complete hisoka vs kastro fight

..since you're focusing on just this for now--> the censoring did decrease as the eps went on, that doesn't mean the censoring in the earlier episodes just magically disappear.
And is the rhetorical question directed at somebody specific? because it seems sorta random..
Oct 17, 2012 4:48 PM

Feb 2009
-The 1999 version is darker, more suspenseful, the story has a good pace and an amazing and way better ost. This version was directed like in an artistic way.

-The new one (2011) is more colorful, targeted at a more wide audience, the story it's very fast pace. This version is more faithful to the manga.

-The manga and its hiatus are killing me, like Berserk. But still it's in my top 5.

In the end I prefer the original anime (1999), but I like how in the new one they are portraying the Genei Ryodan, but specially Phinks and Feitan who are getting the treatment they deserve. Also I notice that the Chrollo from the 1999 ver. was better, his voice fitted perfectly and he had a very white looking pale face, (looked kinda dead). Those 2 things makes him more intimidating than the one I'm seeing in the 2011 ver. But I gotta hand it to Madhouse, I'm liking this new version (2011) a lot. The Yorkshin arc has been very good and entertaining and I expect them to step up their game in the future arcs to come.

The best thing is that this unique and amazing franchise got revived in anime, and I'm enjoying it.
Oct 17, 2012 5:44 PM
Oct 2011
Zero_sama said:
Also I notice that the Chrollo from the 1999 ver. was better, his voice fitted perfectly and he had a very white looking pale face, (looked kinda dead). Those 2 things makes him more intimidating than the one I'm seeing in the 2011 ver.

yeah danchou was more creepy in 1999. not only the pale face but also the completely black eyes and the more monotonous voice
Oct 17, 2012 6:14 PM

Jul 2007
Zero_sama said:
-The 1999 version is darker, more suspenseful, the story has a good pace and an amazing and way better ost. This version was directed like in an artistic way.

-The new one (2011) is more colorful, targeted at a more wide audience, the story it's very fast pace. This version is more faithful to the manga.

-The manga and its hiatus are killing me, like Berserk. But still it's in my top 5.

I have to agree with you.

Although the OVA didnt completely follow the manga, I feel the additions the animators made to the story made it even better. The job of animators isn't to just animate still manga panels but to also accurately express the feeling and atmosphere the mangaka is trying to get across. I think the original anime did a better job in that respect.

Anyway, I just started watching this again after dropping it around the first 8 episodes.(i just couldnt get over the colorfulness and more childish tone)
I skipped all the way to the Yorkshin arc hoping for a change in color scheme, and I definitely saw a difference. Not as great as the HxH ova but definitely an improvement.
Oct 18, 2012 3:47 AM

Sep 2012
Trie said:
Zero_sama said:

I have to agree with you.

Although the OVA didnt completely follow the manga, I feel the additions the animators made to the story made it even better. The job of animators isn't to just animate still manga panels but to also accurately express the feeling and atmosphere the mangaka is trying to get across. I think the original anime did a better job in that respect.

Anyway, I just started watching this again after dropping it around the first 8 episodes.(i just couldnt get over the colorfulness and more childish tone)
I skipped all the way to the Yorkshin arc hoping for a change in color scheme, and I definitely saw a difference. Not as great as the HxH ova but definitely an improvement.

You cant tell the difference with out watching it from the beginning am I not right?
Oct 18, 2012 4:25 AM

Sep 2012
Zero_sama said:

In the end I prefer the original anime (1999), but I like how in the new one they are portraying the Genei Ryodan, but specially Phinks and Feitan who are getting the treatment they deserve. Also I notice that the Chrollo from the 1999 ver. was better, his voice fitted perfectly and he had a very white looking pale face, (looked kinda dead). Those 2 things makes him more intimidating than the one I'm seeing in the 2011 ver. But I gotta hand it to Madhouse, I'm liking this new version (2011) a lot. The Yorkshin arc has been very good and entertaining and I expect them to step up their game in the future arcs to come.

The best thing is that this unique and amazing franchise got revived in anime, and I'm enjoying it.

1. Darker, not after the kastro fight it isn't
2. More suspenseful, not really, they're almost equal but the usage of silence and string tracks is more suspenseful than loud music
3. Better ost, initially yes but now they're equally amazing. All OSTs of the 1999 were brilliant and so are the new tracks of this version. And I expect the GI ost to be better in this version.
4. Chrollo's old VA was great, and Miyano is as good despite being different. Still they both give the "chrollo" vibe.
Oct 18, 2012 10:20 AM

Sep 2010

You just can't erase the past episodes and pick the dark ones that are going now.
OVERALL the 1999 is darker because the OVERALL series has a darker tone than the 2011 one.

2. More suspenseful, not really, they're almost equal but the usage of silence and string tracks is more suspenseful than loud music

If you think it's so close then easily someone else could personally pick one of the other.

3. Better ost, initially yes but now they're equally amazing. All OSTs of the 1999 were brilliant and so are the new tracks of this version. And I expect the GI ost to be better in this version.

You really have an issue with shit being equal. Understand that some people are going to be as noncommittal as you and will pick one over the other.

4. Chrollo's old VA was great, and Miyano is as good despite being different. Still they both give the "chrollo" vibe.

Fuck again.
When given a choice between two or more things some people will pick one as their preference no matter how similar the choices may be.

Oct 18, 2012 10:30 AM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:

You just can't erase the past episodes and pick the dark ones that are going now.
OVERALL the 1999 is darker because the OVERALL series has a darker tone than the 2011 one.

If you think it's so close then easily someone else could personally pick one of the other.

You really have an issue with shit being equal. Understand that some people are going to be as noncommittal as you and will pick one over the other.

Fuck again.
When given a choice between two or more things some people will pick one as their preference no matter how similar the choices may be.

1. Yes and you can't erase the recent episodes and stick with the first few, the HxH exam was darker in the old version, the zoldyck arc, well is a tie (u mad?) and the other 2 arcs go to Madhouse, so overall, it's for MH.

2. Umm okay...

3. Okay and I did say that at first the 99 was better, and now MH has improved enough to the point where I like both as much as each other in different ways. And I'm glad I get to experience it twice in different styles, both of which are good

4. You said that like, 4 times or something, what's your point? Yes they could..and yes I can still decide that it's a tie.
Oct 18, 2012 10:41 AM

Sep 2010
1. Yes and you can't erase the recent episodes and stick with the first few, the HxH exam was darker in the old version, the zoldyck arc, well is a tie (u mad?) and the other 2 arcs go to Madhouse, so overall, it's for MH.

I wasn't erasing anything. I was making a comparative assessment based on all of the episodes between both series. The 2011 has stints of being dark but the 1999 series is dark more often. It seems you are just taking cherry picking highlights.

You said that like, 4 times or something, what's your point? Yes they could..and yes I can still decide that it's a tie.

Well I was taking your post line for line and the idea that the two were equal kept propping up. My point was that even if you think the two are equally good that wouldn't stop anyone else from actually having a preference. Also whenever someone asks if X is better than Z the answer that both are equally good comes across as if someone is scared to have an opinion and is skirting the actual question. I might be getting oversensitive to this with November rolling around but it is still sickeningly noncommittal.

Oct 18, 2012 10:46 AM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:

I wasn't erasing anything. I was making a comparative assessment based on all of the episodes between both series. The 2011 has stints of being dark but the 1999 series is dark more often. It seems you are just taking cherry picking highlights.

You said that like, 4 times or something, what's your point? Yes they could..and yes I can still decide that it's a tie.

Well I was taking your post line for line and the idea that the two were equal kept propping up. My point was that even if you think the two are equally good that wouldn't stop anyone else from actually having a preference. Also whenever someone asks if X is better than Z the answer that both are equally good comes across as if someone is scared to have an opinion and is skirting the actual question. I might be getting oversensitive to this with November rolling around but it is still sickeningly noncommittal.

1. Not really. Highlights schmighlights....it was darker OVERALL

2. Yes and them having preferences wouldn't stop me from thinking both are good so...
So thinking two things are equally good is being scared to have an opinion...hmm didn't know that.
I did say which parts are which and which were better and some of basically MH have stepped their game up to rival Nippon on equal terms and come up with the same quality...while some aren't as good and others better making the overall experience almost have the same quality.
Oct 18, 2012 12:51 PM

Sep 2010

Nice backtracking there. That's not even close to what you said.

2. Yes and them having preferences wouldn't stop me from thinking both are good so...

Then why not just reply to the thread itself instead of trying to argue against someone else's opinion?

In fact the only time your shit comes up is when there are positive remarks for the 1999 series. Man, that is odd to have no counters to bring down the positives for the 2011 onto an "everything is the same" playing field.

What exactly is the point of directly countering(you easily could have just commented to the OP) someone else's opinion with your opinion other than to make your opinion seem like it's more right?

Oct 18, 2012 1:24 PM

Sep 2012
Anime_Name said:

Nice backtracking there. That's not even close to what you said.

Then why not just reply to the thread itself instead of trying to argue against someone else's opinion?

In fact the only time your shit comes up is when there are positive remarks for the 1999 series. Man, that is odd to have no counters to bring down the positives for the 2011 onto an "everything is the same" playing field.

What exactly is the point of directly countering(you easily could have just commented to the OP) someone else's opinion with your opinion other than to make your opinion seem like it's more right?

No, I said the dark tone was OVERALL better in the MH version, how's that not even close?

Hmmm so first I'm scared to have an opinion and now my opinions are hostile toward the 1999 version?

No, I just called people on their non-sense when it came to praising some parts of the 1999 that it didn't really deserve. The dark tone, is indeed better in the MH version.

As for my "countering someone else's opinion...
it's easier than typing all the shit on my own and then addressing it, he typed it, I just type the corresponding number 1, 2, 3, 4 and give my thoughts on each. Are you experiencing hardships with the way I operate?
Oct 18, 2012 1:49 PM

Sep 2010
No, I said the dark tone was OVERALL better in the MH version, how's that not even close?

Compared to your first comment.

Scared to have a prefer one over the other. Your repeated "equal" comments on this subject caused me to your "They are the same" crap was only aimed at the comments saying the 1999 series excel at anything better than the 2011 version.

No, I just called people on their non-sense when it came to praising some parts of the 1999 that it didn't really deserve. The dark tone, is indeed better in the MH version

Which so happens to be whenever a positive thing about the 1999 series gets mentioned. Funny how things work out.

As for my "countering someone else's opinion...
it's easier than typing all the shit on my own and then addressing it, he typed it, I just type the corresponding number 1, 2, 3, 4 and give my thoughts on each. Are you experiencing hardships with the way I operate?

What would have you believe anything you said has caused me a hardship? All you've done is demonstrate that same "Can't say nice things about the HxH(1999) in this forum" that everyone else here as. Your comments instead of being outright hate were more passive-aggressive.

Oct 18, 2012 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
No, I said they are equally good but in different ways. And it's funny how you talk about opinions yet you are so frustrated about mine. And no, I'm not "scared", who would I be scared from? You're one of those paranoid boys who make conspiracy theories around anime huh?

"Which so happens to be whenever a positive thing about the 1999 series gets mentioned. Funny how things work out."

Yes because I don't see any pro-2011 point here being untrue, and I only corrected two points, that's hardly "funny" and "whenever it's mentioned"
As for the manga part, I have nothing to comment on.

As for "Are you experiencing hardships with the way I operate?" That was a fancy way of saying "problem" with a troll-face on...way to take things literally.

How did I say that no one can say nice things? I just said somethings aren't true, but if you look at some other thread of someone asking about the 1999 version, I did recommend that he watch the series.

Here's something that'll make you look silly: While I do think both are good quality-wise..I prefer the 1999 version.

And the frustration goes on...
Oct 18, 2012 5:10 PM
Oct 2011
1999 is much better overall. madhouse greatly improved during yorkshin but 1999's york shin is still two or three notches better (except for the requiem scene. 2011 wins this.)
Oct 18, 2012 7:01 PM

Oct 2011
Anime_Name said:
And incomes the "you can't say anything positive about the 1999 series" trolls.

I agree with this so much. It honestly feels like it's the same 5 people or so in every thread that will do this as well.

I think in terms of filler and such the 2011 version has stayed closer to the manga, although I still think the OST to the original was much better. Obviously, the original had more filler and also did some things differently than how the manga/2011 version did them, but the 2011 version isn't perfect either. The biggest thing the 2011 version did wrong was eliminating Kaito from the beginning. So neither version has really been perfect but that's okay because they are both really good.

I still currently prefer the original to the reboot, but that could change depending on the next few arcs that are to come.
fearthebeard85Oct 18, 2012 7:44 PM
Oct 18, 2012 8:40 PM

Sep 2010
Yes because I don't see any pro-2011 point here being untrue, and I only corrected two points, that's hardly "funny" and "whenever it's mentioned"

Shocking.

And the frustration goes on...

Not really. I am just sitting back and enjoying this thread play out so predictably.

Oct 18, 2012 11:42 PM
Jun 2012
Ellyssi said:
I remember watching the 1999 version a while back. I have also read some of the manga and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. How is the new series in relation to the 99 series and more importantly how is it in regards to portraying the manga?

...Dang, I'm sure this was an honest question and all but you just reopened a can of worms...(Then again, it has been a year since the remake has aired so I guess anybody who's new would be curious...)

Anyway, I believe that the 2011 version is slightly better than the 1999 version and will even surpass it to the point of no return if Madhouse gets the green light to fully animate the controversial Chimera Ant arc (although some will definitely disagree with me here). In regards to the manga, it still has a ways to go in surpassing it in my opinion.

I place 2011 higher than the 1999 version because it has slightly better animation, characterization, art, and pacing. 2011 also explains complex concepts such as Nen with much more clarity. (Warning: Prepare for long post)

To elaborate, fights or any cool move in particular is animated with a larger-than-life quality to it. Everything seems to flash, explode, or sparkle more than you would expect and I honestly find this approach visually appealing. However, since there are times where I find the 1999 version has smoother animation, 2011 is only slightly better here. Then again, '99 seems smoother animation-wise probably because the 2011 version likes using the "slow, then speed up" animation approach during "fast" moments...

Moving on, the characters in the 2011 version are closer to how they were portrayed in the manga. Take Gon for instance. (I can't tell you how much I LOVE his character now because I'd be writing more than I already am haha.) Unfortunately, characterization is only slightly better than the 1999 version because Madhouse doesn't take the time to flesh out the characters beyond what the manga did. The 1999 version, on the other hand, went above and beyond in this aspect and made the characters feel more fleshed-out. Unfortunately, the added characterization was inconsistent and even cliche in comparison to the manga, so that kinda sucks. If the 2011 version were to create more filler that was consistent with the manga characterization, that would make me soooo happy.

Art is slightly better because it's style is closer to the manga and makes characters stand out more than they did in the 1999 version (I swear, some characters seemed so bland that they blended into the background). Also, the lighting on anything and everything is absolutely gorgeous. However, I feel that everything "felt" darker and deadlier in the 1999 version because...well, it looks older...crap, I don't know. Also, Killua and Kurapika's hair looked better in the 1999 anime...yipee for shallow reasoning XD

And finally the pacing. 2011 was actually paced very well during the Hunter Exam, whether people want to realize this or not. The plot moved forward at a speed that allowed enought time to introduce, elaborate, and conclude a scenario. I would say that the rescuing Killua arc and Heaven's Arena were also paced fairly well, although there were areas that were too fast or slow for my tastes. Unfortunately, the way Yorknew has been paced feels all over the place so that leaves the pacing to be slightly better in the 2011 version. At least the 1999 version was consistently slow during the Hunter Exam/Rescuing Killua/Heaven's Arena and consitently fast-paced during Yorknew...

Yup, yup, this is my long-butt analysis/explanation for why I feel the 2011 version is slightly better...

I have to admit though, 2011 is weak in the music area. I feel like they don't have a good variety of "tension" tracks, and there have been many times where I feel like they misplaced the music...As far as the 1999 music track goes, I honestly felt it was cheesy the moment I heard it for the first time, but it definitely compliments the overall atmosphere the 1999 version was going for...

Also, I think the 1999 version impacted me more emotionally than the 2011 version has, although there definitely have been moments where it was quite the opposite (not very many though).

...Yeah, I'm tired now after typing all that, but I really enjoy talking about Hunter x Hunter...I hope this post provided a somewhat different perspective on this matter! :D
Oct 19, 2012 12:22 AM

Sep 2012
fearthebeard85 said:
Anime_Name said:
And incomes the "you can't say anything positive about the 1999 series" trolls.

I agree with this so much. It honestly feels like it's the same 5 people or so in every thread that will do this as well.

I think in terms of filler and such the 2011 version has stayed closer to the manga, although I still think the OST to the original was much better. Obviously, the original had more filler and also did some things differently than how the manga/2011 version did them, but the 2011 version isn't perfect either. The biggest thing the 2011 version did wrong was eliminating Kaito from the beginning. So neither version has really been perfect but that's okay because they are both really good.

I still currently prefer the original to the reboot, but that could change depending on the next few arcs that are to come.

Now you're just being unfair.

Where exactly? When did anyone say you can't say something positive? Or is disagreeing a taboo here? Well I guess that contradicts with what you said about your being free to say what you want in the other thread.

And don't forget the 1999 hardcore trolls who keep on hating each episode, and they are a lot. Name 5 people in this thread who fit the category you're complaining about? I thought so.

@Anime_Name No. You are obviously frustrated, I'll get you a blanket and cocoa.
Oct 19, 2012 12:39 AM

Nov 2011
Trafl-guy said:

South Park reference? if so nice! xD
Oct 19, 2012 12:48 AM

Sep 2012
NJZanDatsu said:
Trafl-guy said:

South Park reference? if so nice! xD

Yep! :P
Oct 19, 2012 4:47 AM

Oct 2011
Trafl-guy said:
Now you're just being unfair.

Where exactly? When did anyone say you can't say something positive? Or is disagreeing a taboo here? Well I guess that contradicts with what you said about your being free to say what you want in the other thread.

Maybe I stretched a bit in agreeing with that point, but it's not fair to light up anyone who says something positive about the original anime like this either:

meshimoon said:
I feel like the 1999 anime (by changing it) expanded on the stuff put in the manga segment they adapted

noonealive said:
I'm sorry but you don't know what your talking about...The 1999 did way more than just alter/omit/change the story. It interpereted the story completely different. It CONTRADICTED the manga.

That person said they felt some of the changes expanded on the story but got blasted for it and told they don't know what they are talking about. THAT is what I was referencing.

I never said anyone couldn't disagree with me. I gave my assessment on both series (which you completely ignored) and how I feel about it. I really don't care if people disagree with me or not on that because there is bound to be someone who disagrees. That is what makes discussions fun, if everyone agreed it would be a waste of time.

Also in reference to the other thread, I never said you guys couldn't like the Chimera Ant arc, I found out a lot of you guys like it. It wasn't my favorite arc but I also never said it was bad either. I called it overrated, but that's just my opinion. You're free to say whatever you want but I will offer up my opinion as well. I'm pretty sure that's what a discussion is all about.

Name 5 people in this thread who fit the category you're complaining about? I thought so.

I'll give you this since I kinda overexaggerated there after like 1 or 2 comments. That, I was being unfair on.

And don't forget the 1999 hardcore trolls who keep on hating each episode, and they are a lot.

I am well aware of this, believe me when the reboot first started, you were hard pressed to find anyone who was willing to defend it. Now, you have more than your fair share who defend it but also get the occassion when it gets flipped in the other direction.
Oct 19, 2012 12:05 PM

Jan 2012
meshimoon said:
noonealive said:
meshimoon said:

......so you basically agree with me. (except you're a bit more extreme/pro-MH.)
I suppose you're just better at getting the particular idea across~ (and in less words too)

Your saying the 1999 anime was just as faithful as is the 2011 anime. So no i don't agree with you because they're not. Pretty simple. I can go into detail to make you see the differences but i don't have to.
Oct 19, 2012 12:07 PM

Jan 2012
Anime_Name said:
noonealive said:
meshimoon said:

That's a big word, contradicted. Maybe one day you'll learn how to use it right.

Explain please. 'll tell you later if i care though.
Oct 19, 2012 12:12 PM

Sep 2010

Nope just speculating on the trend in this forum and commenting that your opinion v opinion shit is dumb.

Explain please. 'll tell you later if i care though.

Explain the word contradiction to you? If we were in real life and didn't have access to the internet maybe I would. But seeing as we are both on the internet I think you can look up the word yourself and see how it doesn't fit where you used it.

Oct 19, 2012 12:16 PM

Mar 2012
From this thread we can learn: Anime_Name is wrong

Poll closed.
End Zionazism
Oct 19, 2012 12:18 PM

Jan 2012
Anime_Name said:
Explain the word contradiction to you? If we were in real life and didn't have access to the internet maybe I would. But seeing as we are both on the internet I think you can look up the word yourself and see how it doesn't fit where you used it.

Oh so you don't want to explain it for me? Than i shouldn't give shit about it..
Oct 19, 2012 12:43 PM

Sep 2010
noonealive said:

Oh so you don't want to explain it for me? Than i shouldn't give shit about it..

I am so surprised that you are content with spreading lies and ignorance in these forums.

Leave me alone troll.

Oct 19, 2012 12:53 PM

Mar 2012
Leave us alone troll.
End Zionazism
Oct 19, 2012 12:54 PM

Jan 2012
Anime_Name said:
I am so surprised that you are content with spreading lies and ignorance in these forums.

I don't know what you mean lol. I'm a man of truth.
Oct 19, 2012 12:58 PM

Mar 2012
noonealive said:
Anime_Name said:

I don't know what you mean lol. I'm a man of truth.

Funny how yesterday he was calling people who protested against some lies and ignorance "trolls" and now he preaches honesty. Everything must go conveniently according to how he wants it and everyone must say as he thinks.
End Zionazism
Oct 19, 2012 11:45 PM
Oct 2011
Mikasa said:

No he's not.

Just ignore them Anime_Name. You are far outnumbered here. The discussion will also just go round in round and you'll be at a disadvantage because you will be branded as a troll and "obviously wrong" just by their sheer number, even though you brought up some good points. It's not worth it.

If you want an HxH thread that is more balanced visit this:
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=814188
It has a number of 2011 tards for sure, but I can say that reasonable people who have decent taste outnumber them.
chikkychappyOct 20, 2012 12:01 AM
Oct 20, 2012 1:53 AM

Mar 2012
chikkychappy said:
Mikasa said:

No he's not.

Just ignore them Anime_Name. You are far outnumbered here. The discussion will also just go round in round and you'll be at a disadvantage because you will be branded as a troll and "obviously wrong" just by their sheer number, even though you brought up some good points. It's not worth it.

It has a number of 2011 tards for sure, but I can say that reasonable people who have decent taste outnumber them.

No no, he's a universal troll. Go to the anime discussions and go around basically anywhere and you'll see. Youre just on his side because you're probbaly pro-1999...hardcore :P
End Zionazism
Oct 20, 2012 5:09 AM
Jul 2012
Just forget about him. As much as I prefer mangas over their anime adaptations, I must say the 2011 version is well done (the second half of it), I'm really looking forward to it now and not just watching it, it made the manga even better. The 1999 version had some nice soundtrack and openings (obviously?) but the ryodan part while dark wasn't detailed at all, too much dark colors just make it a cheap work. Their Greed island arc was good imo even though a lot of people disagree with me on that.
Oct 20, 2012 5:55 AM

Jul 2010
2011 - animation
1999 - soundtracks
Manga - gore (the art's crap though :P)

I have no qualms whatsoever about the plots of all three, they're all good
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Oct 20, 2012 12:05 PM
Jun 2012
chikkychappy said:
Mikasa said:

No he's not.

As far as I can tell, Anime_Name is branded as a troll because he regards those who favor the 2011 version to be individuals with bad taste (and I'm sure you think the same way to an extent). I understand where you guys are coming from because I personally think that I have good taste in anime as well. I also understand that you guys are highly passionate about the 1999 version and want others to understand your point of view...

However, you guys shouldn't force others to convert to your side of things when they already have a clear stance on what they prefer. Instead of forcing people to accept things like "2011 is good, but 1999 is superior," at the very least, respectfully let them understand WHY you guys feel that way. Don't put other opinions down and elevate your own just because you don't agree.

Of course, 2011 fans are guilty of this too and they should know better, but you know what? I'm happy that more people are enjoying the remake now. When it first came out, almost everyone who watched the 1999 version beforehand HATED the remake. Heck, even I was guilty of this. But now, there's a larger group out there that is loving this remake and even Hunter x Hunter in general, so I'm happy about that.

By the way, narutoforums may be more balanced but I don't think either side makes themselves look very "reasonable" there...just my thoughts on that.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Knov's shoes

Guaxinito - Sep 22

3 by Cory0905 »»
Sep 23, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 105 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2013

150 by oozePOP »»
Sep 22, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

1046 by Ougi0Best0Girl »»
Sep 20, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

162 by samagra7 »»
Sep 19, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

933 by LizIsListing »»
Sep 18, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.