Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2012 9:25 PM

Mar 2012
Review has been posted. Thought this show was pretty mediocre from start to finish, but I was definitely satisfied when it ended on a happy note. I liked the non-serious elements of this show much more, so that ending suited the show better (not to mention the disappearing ghost ending is very generic).
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 24, 2012 9:28 PM

Aug 2010
I'm not upset over the happy ending for Yuuko and Teichi but all I can say is poor Kirie.
Jun 24, 2012 9:30 PM

Jul 2009
Actually I think the happy ending worked much better. This episode gave us the best of both worlds: a sad ending and a happy ending.

I'm glad they didn't do just the sad route, like what they did in Ano Hana. It worked well there, but I don't think it would've worked well here. Menma was never really the sole star of the show. But here, this show revolves around Yuuko, it is basically Yuuko. So, for her to have the same fate as Menma - in my opinion - would not be taken kindly.

So overall, I got my bitter+sweet ending. It made its impact without leaving a bitter taste afterwards.

Actually now that I think about it, it would be stupid to have a sad ending. This series was pure fluff, but fun to watch. So, it was highly unlikely to have a 'bad' ending from the very get go. So I guess that's even more of a reason to give this show an 8 when they executed a 'fluffy' ending so well. It took a traditional route, but very little of it felt cliche.
KurogashiJun 24, 2012 9:54 PM
Jun 24, 2012 9:33 PM
Feb 2012
.... they just had to ruin it all in the end....
Jun 24, 2012 9:35 PM

Sep 2011
Omfg, when she disappeared i was like T-T, and then the happy ending comes Love the Series

9/10
Jun 24, 2012 9:37 PM
Nov 2008
Unbelievable! Even though I knew it was coming after the end of 11, the entire episode hit me in all the right emotional levels. 10/10 was inevitable, something I haven't given out in a long long time. And then,e the very last scene...RUINED EVERYTHING! All the emotion that had built up, all the felings of sadness, loss, and acceptance, all of the impact, all of it thrown completely out the window! UGH! That was the last thing I wanted to happen! I haven't been this flustered over an ending since season 1 of Kimi Ni Todoke. I hate to do it, but what I had thought to be a perfect anime has a glaring flaw. And with that, 9/10.
Jun 24, 2012 9:48 PM
Aug 2011
Oh great...she magically came back because she has ~regrets~.
Of course this never followed through with anything seriously even at the very end.

Fuck that and this series. 4/10.
Jun 24, 2012 9:49 PM

May 2009
Not a bad anime in the least. As was said before, there was some dragging eps in there but the tail end of the anime was very enjoyable. 8/10.
Jun 24, 2012 9:55 PM
Jul 2011
I found myself quite disappointed by the ending. They had a perfect bittersweet ending that could have been one of the best/most memorable endings I've seen in a while and they completely destroyed it. I kind of wish I hadn't watched the last few minutes of the episode.
Jun 24, 2012 10:03 PM

Mar 2012
Yusa-pyan said:
Thalandor46 said:
Unbelievable! Even though I knew it was coming after the end of 11, the entire episode hit me in all the right emotional levels. 10/10 was inevitable, something I haven't given out in a long long time. And then,e the very last scene...RUINED EVERYTHING! All the emotion that had built up, all the felings of sadness, loss, and acceptance, all of the impact, all of it thrown completely out the window! UGH! That was the last thing I wanted to happen! I haven't been this flustered over an ending since season 1 of Kimi Ni Todoke. I hate to do it, but what I had thought to be a perfect anime has a glaring flaw. And with that, 9/10.
parfaited said:
Of course this never followed through with anything seriously even at the very end.

DarthObsidian said:
I found myself quite disappointed by the ending. They had a perfect bittersweet ending that could have been one of the best/most memorable endings I've seen in a while and they completely destroyed it. I kind of wish I hadn't watched the last few minutes of the episode.

Really? Not sure why everyone thinks her disappearing would have been better. This show didn't intend to be entirely serious. It didn't have the power to make viewers depressed (like Ano Hana or After Story) because it lacked the buildup, so it went with what fits. Also, disappearing is how every "ghost that has something to settle on earth" story ends, so it's a nice change. Personally, I'd go as far as to say the ending was one of the few things they did right.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 24, 2012 10:07 PM

Jan 2012
Yusa-pyan said:
Thalandor46 said:
parfaited said:

DarthObsidian said:

^Thank you for saving my time .

and I don't see how can a human be in a relationship with a ghost. It will never work . Even if it works, the relationship will be just temporary . Unless somehow she magically obtained a human body that ain't a skeleton/decayed . But no, I don't think that will happen .
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jun 24, 2012 10:10 PM

Apr 2012
Kurogashi said:
forscythe said:

I saw somewhere it will be released with the bluray release around July 25th. Here's to hoping the insert was a really beautiful song for the moment.

Thanks. A month long wait eh.

That insert during the notebook scene truly was awesome. The vocals, the bittersweet tone, SO FUCKEN BEAUTIFUL.

For sure. It's well worth the wait though. This series really pulled through in the last few episodes! Reminds me of the insert song in episode 8 of BRS. I just now found the soundtrack online.
Jun 24, 2012 10:11 PM
Mar 2011
Post-Josh said:
Yusa-pyan said:
Thalandor46 said:
parfaited said:

DarthObsidian said:

Really? Not sure why everyone thinks her disappearing would have been better. This show didn't intend to be entirely serious. It didn't have the power to make viewers depressed (like Ano Hana or After Story) because it lacked the buildup, so it went with what fits. Also, disappearing is how every "ghost that has something to settle on earth" story ends, so it's a nice change. Personally, I'd go as far as to say the ending was one of the few things they did right.

i want a second season, the comedy in this series is little, but quite different, done correctly and was actually funny.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 24, 2012 10:15 PM

Apr 2008
These feels.....whyyy

God damn sad music made me ... HNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHH
Jun 24, 2012 10:17 PM

Sep 2011
Spacebar said:
Yusa-pyan said:
Thalandor46 said:
parfaited said:

DarthObsidian said:

and I don't see how can a human be in a relationship with a ghost. It will never work . Even if it works, the relationship will be just temporary . Unless somehow she magically obtained a human body that ain't a skeleton/decayed . But no, I don't think that will happen .

This is anime we are talking about. You expect anything to make sense? Get real already, even all the top rated anime is full of crap
>Stop comparing real life assumption into t.v
Jun 24, 2012 10:18 PM

May 2010
That insert was fucking amazing. There were manly tears shed even though it ended exactly as I expected.
LunaJun 27, 2012 12:38 AM
Jun 24, 2012 10:19 PM

Jan 2012
Tyrel said:
Spacebar said:
Yusa-pyan said:
Thalandor46 said:
parfaited said:

DarthObsidian said:

This is anime we are talking about. You expect anything to make sense? Get real already, even all the top rated anime is full of crap

You wanna start with me ? I remembered saying that I gave up on common sense in anime already ? You don't get it ? I'm meaning that there won't be a good ending for this series no matter how far they pushed it . *facepalm* please look at the quotes i put on top ^ . Obviously , we are talking about the turn about of the ending here ........
Jun 24, 2012 10:21 PM

Jul 2011
If there's a second season, yes, ending would be pretty good BUT if there won't be a second season, they didn't have to really do it like that. Yuuko could have disappeared, the paranormal club would start anew, Kirie or Momoe (they obviously want to **** him) could have dated him, they'd have kids, call her Yuuko, good ending. This is just... First off, she's stuck in school, what the hell is he going to do past graduation? If there is a second season, they better find a solution to that. Secondly, she's a ghost. Dates will be cheap but how hard would it be to explain lonely, single, forever alone dinners, or being walked in on with hard on sticking in the air and hands grasping invisible buttcheeks. It just doesn't make sense to do it like that.

UNLESS! Yuuko gains the power to possess people and possesses Kirie and they start having some weird threesome relationship... Teiichi is one lucky bastard.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Jun 24, 2012 10:24 PM

Sep 2011
Spacebar said:
Tyrel said:
Spacebar said:
Yusa-pyan said:
Thalandor46 said:
parfaited said:

DarthObsidian said:

You wanna start with me ? I remembered saying that I gave up on common sense in anime already ? You don't get it ? I'm meaning that there won't be a good ending for this series no matter how far they pushed it . *facepalm* please look at the quotes i put on top ^ . Obviously , we are talking about the turn about of the ending here ........

Already trying to pick a fight? Very mature. I remembered I don't bother reading most of the posts people make on here because they're full of shit. /Leaves before you try and pick a fight lul.
Jun 24, 2012 10:25 PM

May 2012
Can we say
?
Cause I certainly think so ~
Jun 24, 2012 10:27 PM

Apr 2008
Watched "that" scene again and realized I probably would've died of a heart attack if the anime just ended at the end of that insert song.
Jun 24, 2012 10:27 PM

Jan 2012
Tyrel said:
Spacebar said:
Tyrel said:
Spacebar said:
Yusa-pyan said:
Thalandor46 said:
parfaited said:

DarthObsidian said:

Already trying to pick a fight? Very mature. I remembered I don't bother reading most of the posts people make on here because they're full of shit. /Leaves before you try and pick a fight lul.

You started the flames , so yeah it looked like that you think you're some hotshot . I was posting my own opinion about the unavoidable bad ending and you go and give me that lecture ? Look at who's full of shit ?

Now i want to see whether you will keep to your line ''/Leaves before you try and pick a fight lul.'' . Let's see .
Jun 24, 2012 10:33 PM

Dec 2010
TheLocalHentai said:
First off, she's stuck in school, what the hell is he going to do past graduation?

This isn't proven or anything, but i think its as solid a theory as any, she said that the kiss brought her back, before she was lingering around the school due to the way she died, but now she is personally haunting him thus she should be able to follow him home or anywhere else he goes, she has no lingering attachments to the school after all.

vampko said:
Can we say
?
Cause I certainly think so ~

+1
Jun 24, 2012 10:44 PM
Nov 2008
Post-Josh said:
It didn't have the power to make viewers depressed (like Ano Hana or After Story) because it lacked the buildup, so it went with what fits.

And this is where we differ. Amnesia, particularly the second half, was an emotional ride for me. I'm not sure I'd say depression was be the primary emotion I experienced, but there's no question in my mind that that was a part of it. That's what the ending ruined for me. All the built up emotion was gone in an instant.

Thinking about it a little more, I don't think it's so much the happy ending that ruined it for me, but the overly happy ending. Alternate idea: Sees box, opens box, faint voice in the background: "Teichi-kun...", the end! I think I'd be satisfied with that kind of ending, because it would provide emotional hope. The way they went, there's no need for such hope. Personal conclusion: Happy is a boring emotion.
Thalandor46Jun 24, 2012 10:54 PM
Jun 24, 2012 10:52 PM

May 2012
Thalandor46 said:
Post-Josh said:
It didn't have the power to make viewers depressed (like Ano Hana or After Story) because it lacked the buildup, so it went with what fits.

And this is where we different. Amnesia, particularly the second half, was an emotional ride for me. I'm not sure I'd say depression was be the primary emotion I experienced, but there's no question in my mind that that was a part of it. That's what the ending ruined for me. All the built up emotion was gone in an instant.

Thinking about it a little more, I don't think it's so much the happy ending that ruined it for me, but the overly happy ending. Alternate idea: Sees box, opens box, faint voice in the background: "Teichi-kun...", the end! I think I'd be satisfied with that kind of ending, because it would provide emotional hope. The way they went, there's no need for such hope. Personal conclusion: Happy is a boring emotion.

I am sad that someone finds happiness boring. But, everyone has their own way of things.

Personally, i LOVE happy ends! Especially super happy ends like this one~
Jun 24, 2012 10:53 PM

Jan 2012
Thalandor46 said:
Post-Josh said:

And this is where we different. Amnesia, particularly the second half, was an emotional ride for me. I'm not sure I'd say depression was be the primary emotion I experienced, but there's no question in my mind that that was a part of it. That's what the ending ruined for me. All the built up emotion was gone in an instant.

Yup, agreed . A bittersweet ending would actually do this anime wonders imo . But then , most author/director makes it a happy ending to please the viewers . So yeah , it turned out like that for the profit.
Jun 24, 2012 10:56 PM

Dec 2010
vampko said:
I am sad that someone finds happiness boring. But, everyone has their own way of things.Personally, i LOVE happy ends! Especially super happy ends like this one~

This, but like you said people have their own opinions, i've actually even met people who don't like endings unless there bittersweet O_O, shows that there are a lot of different opinions
Jun 24, 2012 10:59 PM

May 2010
cried my ass off
Jun 24, 2012 11:04 PM

Sep 2008
I said after previous episode I hope this one doesn't have bitersweet ending, but now that I've seen an actual episode, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad.

On the other side, I'm actually quite happy they ended up together in the end. Who knows, it was fun ride and I wouldn't mind second season, if it ever comes.
Jun 24, 2012 11:14 PM

Jul 2009
Aww... I really want my own personal ghost ... :(
Jun 24, 2012 11:16 PM

Jun 2010
Seems like i'm the only one who hated the ending. It was really lame, 20 minutes of people crying and shit and then she just comes back? I can't even say how much i'm offended by this.

3/10. Just horrible, that ending killed my score of 6/10.
Jun 24, 2012 11:41 PM

Feb 2010
lol i knew she would come back 8/10^^

nina4life said:
I'm actually quite happy they ended up together in the end. Who knows, it was fun ride and I wouldn't mind second season, if it ever comes.

manga is still ongoing if the sales are good enough 2nd season is a no-brainer.
Jun 24, 2012 11:56 PM

Aug 2010
Thank you.

This is what I wanted to see. No, they actually outperformed themselves. The insert song during the goodbye, and the godly opening of the season at the very last scenes with the happy end. Fantastic 5/5.

The series deserve a 9/10 from me. It was the best show for me this season, the humor worked quite well and the romance aspect was executed neatly too. Loved the visuals and the characters as well, there was basically nothing I did not enjoy.
Jun 24, 2012 11:59 PM

May 2010
i personalyl loved the happy ending cause i didnt see it coming :)
Jun 25, 2012 12:03 AM

May 2012
so is the episode 1 is the continuation of episode 12???
Thats a nice ending..

Jun 25, 2012 12:15 AM
Jan 2010
hmm i was hoping for a grim ending... idk this happy ending seems a bit fake... but ah well, still brought a smile xD
Jun 25, 2012 12:17 AM

Aug 2011
HawthorneKitty said:
I was totally hoping for a bad end...

Agreed...but it was still a satisfying one at that... I felt the series dipped off in the middle but it certainly delivered near the end.

9/10 from me
Jun 25, 2012 12:36 AM

Apr 2011
The ending was a little ehhhhh... but other than that awesome series

8/10
Jun 25, 2012 12:42 AM
Nov 2008
they make us cry then they say "hey, i was just trolling, tadah" then you go FUUUUU

didn't like the ending at all, but hey, now they can do another season with another gost inside the school and a pet-ghost to please the views.
Jun 25, 2012 12:43 AM

Nov 2011
The epilogue was... not as fleshed-out or as carefully-handled as I would've liked, but... I can't lie, it's still the result I hoped for, and I would've been rather upset to see Yuuko simply disappear. I find myself buying into the easy happy ending for this one. -_-;
Jun 25, 2012 12:55 AM
Mar 2012
that ending was a pure troll, in a good way, a game changer per se, i was on the verge of tears when yukko suddenly showed up in the end, the reason was conceivable too, so yeah 5/5, this anime's ending and fate/zero's filled in on each other spots...
Jun 25, 2012 1:09 AM

Mar 2012
The ending was very unexpected, kinda feel like I just got rick rolled.
Jun 25, 2012 1:10 AM

May 2008
Well It was fun watching this series.
Jun 25, 2012 1:47 AM

Nov 2008
It would have been a great ending had they ended it in the scene with notebook, but this is good as well.

Well it's time to back to the manga!

Overall I give it an 8/10 but since I really enjoyed the last few episodes then it's a 9/10.
Jun 25, 2012 2:00 AM

Sep 2010
I was prepared for a sad ending. But I love happy endings, and I love how it ended. Yuuko's so hot. :) Need more!
Jun 25, 2012 2:13 AM

Jan 2011
It was a great show, but this ending? An fake goodbye and coming back later doesn't work in one episode, it needs multiple episodes to have impact. The art was amazing though, the colors were really unique at times, the comedy was great and some of the 'mysteries' were very entertaining.
I'll give it 8 out of 10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 25, 2012 2:13 AM

Aug 2011
As much as I love a happy ending. I cant help but think it would have been better with a bitter sweet end.

The emotions were tugged, tears were shed, and it was a nice gentle castoff worthy of the highest praise.

Then as he explains how he shall lock away the memories, just as Yuuko had before, and you look to what could be a happy relationship between Teiichi and Kirie. Yuuko suddenly appears and completely shatters the mood to replace it with the fan-fiction you were already prepared to write after the credits.

4/5 this episode
9/10 overall
KirasNoteJun 25, 2012 2:16 AM

Jun 25, 2012 2:53 AM

Sep 2010
It was all good till the end of episode.....

Why! oh-Why, forced a happy ending....

Final Episode - 3/5

Series - 7/10 (first few episodes were lame, but got interesting in the end, but ending ruined the climax.)
Jun 25, 2012 2:57 AM

Nov 2011
Wasting pages of a notebook for dramatic effect is not acceptable. I'll need to hug a few trees to make up for those.

That was a fine ending. The effect of parting scenes on me is directly proportional to how much the show manages to make me feel for the characters. In this case, not very much. Yuuko was fairly interesting, if only for her past and her issues, but the MC was just that, the main character. I felt the show had a lack of focus, until the last few episodes. Okonogi was no more than comic relief, and occasionally the source for Yuuko's jealousy. Kirie had an episode or two, but was no more than the unrequited lover, with familial relations to Yuuko that didn't play much of a role. Overall, I still enjoyed some parts of the side stories, the main story was fine, and concluded nicely for what it is. There was potential for something more, but that was lost past the premise. I dislike forced happy ending twists, but it's understandable for such series, and not enough to affect my score for the show.
MissileSoupJun 25, 2012 3:03 AM
Jun 25, 2012 3:10 AM
Aug 2011
I can't decide between a 8 or 9. The beginning of this anime wasn't that good and had very slow moments during the middle, but those last 4-5 episodes were really, really good.

I shouldn't forget the stunning visuals, that really played a vital part.

Okay!
I think I'll go with ... 9/10
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2012

146 by Baskarite »»
May 17, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 8, 2012

304 by Baskarite »»
May 12, 9:08 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2012

157 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 1, 10:18 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2012

143 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 1, 9:30 PM

Poll: » Tasogare Otome x Amnesia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2012

170 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 29, 9:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.