Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 25, 12:39 PM
Jun 2023
Reply to baymaxemon
section96 said:
@baymaxemon i hope so and maybe need to clarify (so not being impatient/complaining that much) by "not fond of cliffhanger" only at action stuff, if it's just normal talking i.e giving more "lore" i don't mind cliffhanger that much.

I was talking about the amount of chapters getting adapted per episode depends on how much action there is
if the chapters are full of action then a single episode can adapt as far as 5 chapters even.

about the cliffhangers I guess you just have to endure it or maybe binge after the season ends
@baymaxemon ahh dammit then cliffhanger gonna be hard with this, was kinda hoping anime would change that part so flows bit nicely than manga. and for binging not great idea for me cause forgotten some (frierien being one, still haven't watch it although plan was to binge it)
section96May 25, 12:45 PM
May 25, 12:56 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Really impressed with how they adapted the fight between 9 and Reno/Iharu. It was a slow struggle, and it felt like it had weight to it. The animation of Reno coughing up blood was especially impressive.

Kafka annihilating Number 9 was satisfying after the build up from Reno and Iharu. But man, does this have some brutal cliffhangers. Can't wait to see how they animate Hoshina going all out.
May 25, 1:19 PM

May 2019
I thought Reno was a goner for a minute there, that is until both Iharu and then Kafka showed up. When Kaiju No. 9 said he now knows how to kill Kafka (No. 8) I think he may be implying that all he needs to do is take a hostage or 2 to have him give up since he protected a couple of guys.
May 25, 1:56 PM

Mar 2019
This was by far the best episode so far, fucking awesome, it reminded me a lot of the fights in Jujutsu Kaisen. :3
May 25, 2:00 PM

Dec 2018
He could just revert back or say something...
May 25, 2:22 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi saved the day but he could not kill the humanoid kaiju due to human interference now Hoshina is after him
landofthekwtMay 25, 2:26 PM
May 25, 2:44 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Great episode. Things have gotten really interesting now. And heck of a cliffhanger.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 25, 3:03 PM
Aug 2018
Best episode so far. This show is really getting interesting, and I can't wait for the next episode!
May 25, 3:07 PM
Apr 2022
It's really good, but at this point I don't really understand at what point they will arrive. It's already episode 7 and I think the pacing it's too slow, not because the series isn't good but because the comic version is really fast, a chapter long less than five minutes and the series did not adpted so much of the stories
May 25, 3:32 PM

Dec 2022
speak of the devil and he shall appear!
damn ole dude popped off hard
pumped to see Vice Cappy go full ninja unleashed
May 25, 3:35 PM

Feb 2016
Kaijuu n.8: episode 7: Kaiju n.9
They are joking even with the episode names.
May 25, 3:40 PM
Apr 2022
Well, I wonder how he'll get away with it
May 25, 4:27 PM
Mar 2019
Kafka hit the Kaiju so hard, he saw his own end coming, then he got the chance to recover.
Why do they have Inhibitors? seems stupid when they are fighting Monsters!
May 25, 5:07 PM
Jul 2015
I really want to love the show. But it’s just mid for me, it’s enjoyable and pleasant to watch. But it’s needed to pick a road, it’s like inn between war of the worlds the movie (the one with Tom Cusie) Doroheaddoro and world Trigger.

My best hope it going to be a long series, getting to know the characters and everything around.

At episode 7, some information is shown. But it’s just not the most interesting, it’s not an investment story. It’s generic.

I like the read head, he’s going to be a great teammate.

I think I wish it was a little more, I don’t know, deep into the story. It’s a bit “I don’t know this character” feel.
May 25, 5:16 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah if you aren’t reading the manga these cliff hangers have got to be absolutely brutal for you ๐Ÿ˜‚ I feel bad for anime only, but I guess it keeps the hype alive as well. Another great episode.
May 25, 5:29 PM
Oct 2022
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
May 25, 5:36 PM
Apr 2016
This anime is everything I've been looking for and more. Love! <3
May 25, 5:38 PM

Mar 2021
This ep was so hype!! We got Reno and Iharu tag-teaming against Mushroom Kaiju, Kafka showing up just in time to save the young duo, and now Kafka vs Hoshina... lots of ppl will know Kafka's secret at this point oof
May 25, 5:40 PM

Jul 2022
Wow, Reno and Iharu were lucky that the Humanoid Kaiju wasn't fighting seriously. What I'm wondering about is what the Humanoid Kaiju meant by preparing Reno; maybe he was going to turn him into a Kaiju.

Kafka arrived at the perfect moment. The fight was pretty good, and I'm surprised by his great power; he defeated it quite quickly, but it's obvious it will come back stronger (a typical cliché, but I like it). I'm conflicted: I want them to find out that Kaiju No. 8 is Kafka, and at the same time, I don't. Now Hoshina, who has a 92% battle potential, is facing Kafka.
May 25, 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
Goddammit why are the episodes of this show always so short? It's 23mins instead of 24 then there's that stupid unnecessary recap, come on.
May 25, 5:53 PM

Feb 2019
i wonder who will thwart his attempt at eliminating no. 8...but of course the big bad escaped thanks to humans thinking of attacking no. 8 without thinking that he was probably about to kill another kaiju or something.
May 25, 6:19 PM

Apr 2022
kafka pulling up to the scene was cold. pretty cool action episode, more with hoshina next but i find the other kaiju's voice pretty annoying icl.
May 25, 6:20 PM

Jun 2023
My fave episode so far maybe, super duper banger!
May 25, 6:32 PM

Mar 2007
This was a very upsetting episode for many reasons. The torture, the fact that Kaiju #9 got away and then the 2nd in command just removed his limiter in an effort to take out #8, not good.
May 25, 6:40 PM

Dec 2013
Reno and Iharu did their best but they were never going to win this fight. Looks like Kafka will have to transform again after all.

I loved the humanoid Kaiju's confusion when Kafka was destroying him. The "I'm in danger" had me laughing.

Well, this is looking very bad for Kafka. The vice-captain and his 92% are no joke!
May 25, 7:04 PM

Jul 2016
Reno and Iharu practically praying for some asspull to come save them, and Kafka going full All-Might against Kaijuu No.9. Man, this sure was a fun episode.
May 25, 7:11 PM

Jun 2012
Kafka did more damage to the humanoid kaiju than I thought, exposing his core and all.
But of course the fight was interrupted so it got away.
Now Kafka cannot surprise it next time they meet.

Why did the two rando's not call in that Kaiju No.8 protected them?
Communication is the greatest power in a battle.

Hoshino has gotten serious!
Who will interrupt them next week do we recon?

Find out next time on Dragon Ba... I mean Kaiju No.8.
May 25, 7:16 PM

Aug 2019
Hell nah! Please just let Kafka rest ffs. He should've gone underground or something.
May 25, 7:19 PM
Dec 2021
That felt like the shortest episode I've ever watched.
May 25, 8:38 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
Deus ex Kafka... too bad that the 2nd captain is now hunting him, and he looks pretty skillful. Besides, he opened his eyes.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
May 25, 9:03 PM
Jun 2021
Y’all are so lame in this thread…. Literally nit picking over small shit. This is only the 7th episode… this is their FIRST mission. Relax. This episode was great. Iharu is a cool side character and I can see him getting over that wall he thinks he hit already. Reno is going to be strong too, he reminds me of Genos from OPM… he has major potential. And vice captain Hoshina at the end is about to go full badass mode. I love when the always happy character has that other side to them… while yes some things in this show can be predictable that’s just a byproduct of us consuming so much media now…. There can only be so many plot twist and story structures. As long as you don’t know the whole story, I say chill out and enjoy
May 25, 9:08 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to Inexplicable
is it me or did they really cut back on the retarded attempts at jokes?
@Inexplicable Oh that's why I liked this episode!!! Thanks for pointing it out!
May 25, 9:39 PM
Jan 2021

kafka was stupid he could have easily stomped the core since those bullets arent fatal anyway plus he could have turned to human form after escaping , also wonder why the defense force keeps attacking kaiju no 8 while letting kanju no 9 go freely every time , those two men didnt even mention about kaiju no 9 in there intercom
May 25, 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
Finally, things are getting serious.
May 25, 11:15 PM
Apr 2022
liked the k8 vs k9 fight, excited for hoshina actions in the next episode
May 25, 11:40 PM

Jan 2017
It's one thing after another that my heart couldn't get a second of rest, whew! What an episode! I mean, I know that Kafka will later come to the rescue but still, seeing Reno undergo such ordeal was so nerve-wracking. And then when everything seemed to be all over for the enemy, Kafka was seen by the other officers, much worse, the enemy managed to escape! But as if that ain't enough for the roller coaster ride, Captain Hoshina caught up with Kafka in his kaiju form. Much as I want Kafka to overcome the dilemma, I want to see Captain Hoshina in action too!
May 25, 11:59 PM

Oct 2016
WTF WAS THAT CLIFFHANGER!!! Honestly a very good episode. I liked getting to see the determination of both Reno and Iharu, and I loved the action scene between Kafka and the humanoid Kaiju. I wonder how this next fight is going to turn out. I know Kafka isn’t going to die, but how will he get out of this? Is he going to have to hurt Hoshina? (10/10)
May 26, 1:50 AM
Jun 2012
This was a fine episode overall.

The production value of the fights and their choreography was fairly weak. Versus the previous excellent offerings.

An expression on the difficulty of consistency at this level.
May 26, 1:59 AM

Feb 2018

Never ending plan to watch list...

May 26, 2:08 AM
Mar 2018
I enjoyed the intense fight against the Kaijuu; Reno and Iharu didn't do too bad, all things considered. I liked that each one of them got their moment. The enemy was kinda getting on my nerves with his way of speaking, though it did get pretty funny when he was getting thrown around by Kafka. x)

The vice-captain is so badass (and scarier than the demon)! I can't wait to watch the next episode!
May 26, 2:10 AM
Mar 2019
Kafka's going to get tested now. This was the risk of transforming in a warzone.
May 26, 3:37 AM
Jun 2013
Dam this episode was brutal when it came to the violence. I kind of figured some BS would happen to let the villain escape especially when we know jack about them. Though I loved when he was utterly confused about getting his ass beat.
May 26, 3:47 AM
Dec 2022
Humanoid Kaiju vs Humanoid Kaiju. Now this got to be awesome. Next up the fight for survival with Vice-Captain Hoshino. Damn the cliffhanger.
May 26, 4:43 AM

Mar 2019
The Kaiju vs Kaiju fight was really good visually. Still the best part of the show.

Dialogue/Internal monologue during the Reno-Iharu vs Kaiju fight was atrocious. Reno is getting killed and Iharu is at first jealous of Reno and upset at his own limitations, but then is like "He's gonna be a great soldier one day! You're awesome Reno!" So dumb.
May 26, 6:08 AM
Oct 2022
For me this is one of those “hurry up and wait” type anime. By the time we actually get somewhere in this world the season will be over. Kafka was much better in this episode even though he still had to work in his patented 6th grader yelling technique. Other than that he was a cool protagonist for change. Something has to give he xxxxxxxxx xx sad re though.. he needs to pick if he’s either going to come back to the defense force
May 26, 6:17 AM
May 2021
That art for that one scene when Hoshino tries to slash kaijuu 8 was lowkey fire. Actually really hyped for the next episode
May 26, 8:03 AM
Jan 2019
I'm left ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm right ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm left ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm right ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm left ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm right ๐Ÿ‘Š
๐Ÿค“: Need to retreat
and I'm left ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm right ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm left ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm right ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm left ๐Ÿ‘Š and I'm right ๐Ÿ‘Š
May 26, 9:52 AM
Nov 2022
Very good episode, Kafka fought like a true monster, what I find funny is that Kaiju 9 allowed them to say their speeches and didn't kill them immediately xd.
May 26, 9:57 AM

Jan 2017
Nice cool discussion, i skipped past most of it cause read the manga

May 26, 11:18 AM
Apr 2024
Another amazing episode!! My favourite by far ๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ been waiting to see this fight for a while now and it did not disappoint!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fortress_Maximus - Jun 22

229 by higherthanhigh »»
Sep 24, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

275 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 15

259 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 8

186 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 1

146 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:30 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.