Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 7, 2023 4:51 AM
Sep 2016
unabomb said:
I don't understand why these literally AI generated isekai stories based on the same template get made in bulk every season keep getting made, they surely don't make profit, right? RIGHT? I mean who watches this. Is sacrificing a good story with great characters less profitable than just mass producing the same garbage every season? I don't get it, how can quantity overcome quality in anime.

Well, trust me this, Man, there're A LOT more where it came from, just waiting to be adapted. And we're not even talking about the Korean and Chinese bootleg ones (which pretty much more than quintuple the number). Some are trashy (like REALLY TRASHY. Just look at the vending machine one. There is another similar one about isekai'd into magic onsen as well), some decent (i.e. Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami, Isekai Cafe o Kaiten, etc), and in very rare cases we may find gems buried deep within (we are talking about Honzuki no Gekokujou, Hajimari no Mahoutsukai, Kumo Desu ga Nani ka, Youjo Senki, etc).

They're there because the markets are there... Unlike many western media that went for international recognitions, most japanese media are made by-and-for japanese ONLY, without care much about the opinions of people abroad. Which was why so many of japanese games, LN, and manga doesn't have official translations (just look at Atelier series, despite it's popularity worldwide, the first 3 title in the series are yet to have official english localization). Titles like this are popular in japan, it doesn't matter whether the world except them, the japanese does, and it's all that matters for them.

Regarding the negative opinion on the title, I mean it's an isekai title, a villainess-isekai at that, whaddya expect really.... I can't say much more about this title without spoiling anything (I don't read the LN, but I did read the manga at least), but I actually like this title more rather than most other villainess isekai out there (even more than Hamefura). Ofc it wasn't as good as Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami, but still, Pryde is still considered as an intellectual prodigy (if you stick long enough with the anime you'll find out why soon) who has strong character, self-sufficient and crafty, with great leadership qualities, which made this title a somewhat fresh take on the usual Mary Sue-Cinderella-esque villainess isekai (where the villainess just sit and wait as the love interests save them everytime).

However, if you really wan't another fun villainess-isekai, there's Watashi no Oshi wa Koushaku Reijou just right around the corner. I mean, how often do you see a villainess-isekai but yuri.... It does sure look fresh doesn't it!?
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Jul 7, 2023 5:45 AM
Jan 2018
She seems to be hung up on future events that she knows the original pride did or would have done.

I can understand if she’s crying for what she remembers that happened before her other memories came, but why cry for something that hasn’t happened yet and something that can easily be fixed.
Jul 7, 2023 7:06 AM
Mar 2022
For my opinion, the show was great but its kinda dark at first but they mixed it with comedy and other happy genre, but pride is scared that she will or the real pride will comeback or she will become evil again by some third party, so she decide to change her fate, but i think she will be alright in the end , but i get the feeling that she will become what she feared off in the near end of the anime, ask for her relationship with stale it’s quite wholesome, i look forward to watch this anime to the end
Jul 7, 2023 8:04 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Well I’ve dug myself too deep now so you know I can’t not check out the Otome Game/Romance Fantasy show of the season lol, last season’s Raeliana was a pretty good one and so far I’m liking this one quite a bit. Right off the bat I’m heavily reminded of “My Next Life as a Villainess” and I’ve heard that show is a parody of this genre but it was the first one to get adapted so I always find myself comparing it to whatever the current one is lol.

This one seems to be a lot more serious, our MC Pride has done some fucked up shit in the game she’s actually from and post reincarnation she’s now desperately trying to keep things from going that way again, and it seems she’s already doing a great job so I don’t think there should be big problems there. I also really like her design, the hairstyle and the red hair are very nice, the OP also slapped so I’m really looking forward to that ED now, these types of shows usually have amazing EDs lol.

And lastly, the OG truck-kun is back in business, good to see you again old pal lol.
Jul 7, 2023 8:40 AM
Mar 2022
me gusto como trasmite su preocupacion y su dolor la prota por las actos de la villana
Jul 7, 2023 10:11 AM

Dec 2018
uncleqrow said:
unabomb said:
I don't understand why these literally AI generated isekai stories based on the same template get made in bulk every season keep getting made, they surely don't make profit, right? RIGHT? I mean who watches this. Is sacrificing a good story with great characters less profitable than just mass producing the same garbage every season? I don't get it, how can quantity overcome quality in anime.

Well, trust me this, Man, there're A LOT more where it came from, just waiting to be adapted. And we're not even talking about the Korean and Chinese bootleg ones (which pretty much more than quintuple the number). Some are trashy (like REALLY TRASHY. Just look at the vending machine one. There is another similar one about isekai'd into magic onsen as well), some decent (i.e. Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami, Isekai Cafe o Kaiten, etc), and in very rare cases we may find gems buried deep within (we are talking about Honzuki no Gekokujou, Hajimari no Mahoutsukai, Kumo Desu ga Nani ka, Youjo Senki, etc).

They're there because the markets are there... Unlike many western media that went for international recognitions, most japanese media are made by-and-for japanese ONLY, without care much about the opinions of people abroad. Which was why so many of japanese games, LN, and manga doesn't have official translations (just look at Atelier series, despite it's popularity worldwide, the first 3 title in the series are yet to have official english localization). Titles like this are popular in japan, it doesn't matter whether the world except them, the japanese does, and it's all that matters for them.

Regarding the negative opinion on the title, I mean it's an isekai title, a villainess-isekai at that, whaddya expect really.... I can't say much more about this title without spoiling anything (I don't read the LN, but I did read the manga at least), but I actually like this title more rather than most other villainess isekai out there (even more than Hamefura). Ofc it wasn't as good as Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami, but still, Pryde is still considered as an intellectual prodigy (if you stick long enough with the anime you'll find out why soon) who has strong character, self-sufficient and crafty, with great leadership qualities, which made this title a somewhat fresh take on the usual Mary Sue-Cinderella-esque villainess isekai (where the villainess just sit and wait as the love interests save them everytime).

However, if you really wan't another fun villainess-isekai, there's Watashi no Oshi wa Koushaku Reijou just right around the corner. I mean, how often do you see a villainess-isekai but yuri.... It does sure look fresh doesn't it!?
fair but I do wish studios tried something new, there are gems but they are rare
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Jul 7, 2023 10:52 AM
Jun 2022
The feeling of regret of sorts felt so real.
Jul 7, 2023 11:09 AM

May 2015
It's a bit off-putting that she feels so strongly about things that she has never done and only happened in the game, but this is a fine start. Nice move with giving her a premonition ability, makes it easier to explain how she knows things and why she does what she does.
Jul 7, 2023 12:19 PM
Aug 2017
Another boring villainess show. Honestly this almost feels like the Raeliana one but the protagonist is younger and the surroundings are different. Idk..not invested in it. I almost forgot it was coming out tbh.
Jul 7, 2023 12:24 PM

Mar 2013
Great animation and finally—yes, I finally get to see another red-haired girl as the main MC. (I dearly miss Shana). Anyway, I hope I get to see more of their childhood days before growing up into more or less of a teenager (around 10~15 years old) for the next episodes, the time gap would kill the fun out of this series IF IT EVER HAPPENS!!! (That is one of the trope or whatever you call it, I mostly hate in a series.)

This will probably become something like "My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom" or hoping that the story telling could be greater than that. I'm expecting more from this series.

For now, lets watch and see.

P.S. Please make Princess Pride act more natural.
CrazyButNot4UJul 7, 2023 12:27 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 7, 2023 11:04 PM

Jun 2021
With what happened in the game, this is darker than I thought that.
Jul 7, 2023 11:05 PM

Nov 2012
Not bad. A little too much like Otome Game. If she plants vegetables next week, I'm done.
Jul 7, 2023 11:08 PM

Feb 2011
this plot has been milked dry lol.

Jul 7, 2023 11:41 PM
May 2023
Always a sucker for Otome, the is gonna be my personal anime of the season. Knowing the future is always such an underrated curse/power that I can't get enough of.
Jul 8, 2023 2:24 AM

Jul 2020
an okay start I guess. I kinda enjoy this latest trend of villainess shows but I'm still hoping to see a show where the "villainess" actually acts like one. Like, if Pride actually stuck to the original storyline of the game and actually made Stale kill his mother - that would be really interesting. But the way the show started, it's just average.
Jul 8, 2023 6:58 AM
Apr 2023
Not a unique premise of "reincarnated into a villain of an otome game and now trying to change fate in to something of protagonist's"
It is in the same line of "My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!" (where Uchida Maaya voiced the MC) but I like these types of animes and this has different flavor after all.
Looking forward for future episodes!
Jul 8, 2023 7:45 AM
Jan 2021
Feels like there's soo much happening in the episode, but still enjoyed it
Jul 8, 2023 10:37 AM
Jul 2016
I wish the opening had the same gunshots that the second PV had. 😕
Jul 8, 2023 2:45 PM

Jan 2013
Inexplicable said:
an okay start I guess. I kinda enjoy this latest trend of villainess shows but I'm still hoping to see a show where the "villainess" actually acts like one. Like, if Pride actually stuck to the original storyline of the game and actually made Stale kill his mother - that would be really interesting. But the way the show started, it's just average.
OK, psycho! 

No, but what I would want to see is the "original" person recovering their past memories in another life, without it being about that past self reincarnating into the "original". So, make it so the real villainess has to bullshit their way through avoiding a bad ending, and maybe in the process of receiving those memories, and having to play the part of a good person, just maybe it will actually reform her evil ways. Since, as these stories currently are, they really have little to do with a "villainess" in terms of the story.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 8, 2023 4:22 PM

Jan 2021
Nothing much to say; another formulaic isekai with the female MC being reincarnated as the villain. I love it, though, so I am not complaining—a severe contrast between in-game Pride and the reincarnated Pride, which kept watching and piqued my interest. 

I would play that Otome game with the dark, atrocious Pride.  I'll be here next week. 

Great ed song!
Jul 8, 2023 7:53 PM

Oct 2021
Overall enjoyable, I'm looking forward to the future episodes

Unfortunately, it was a bit overdramatic for me because I've watched and read other villainess stories that executed the bad to good troupe better so this execution felt a little cringy or embarrassing, especially when she suddenly started her outburst. I think they could have built upon that a little better. Instead of giving us her inner monologue where she regrets what she did show us how she mistreated the maids so the scene would feel all the more brutal and impactful rather than a 180 degree turn.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Jul 9, 2023 12:37 AM

Mar 2008
It's really fucked up when you think about an 8 year old getting a 7 year old to stab their mother to death. Though I don't get why she's acting guilty when she hasn't done any of those things in actuality, unless she's afraid she will start becoming like the character she became which seems to be the case perhaps. I have to assume Pride isn't the only harmful character in this world which is the only way any conflict could arise being that this Pride has no interest in being a bad person.
Jul 9, 2023 3:43 AM
May 2016
I'd rather watch the "OG" game she's a part of, the MC is super boring and quite stupid.
Jul 9, 2023 6:40 AM

Aug 2012
So is it just me or is it obvious that Gilbert is the evil boss?
Jul 9, 2023 11:14 AM

Jan 2013
traed said:
It's really fucked up when you think about an 8 year old getting a 7 year old to stab their mother to death. Though I don't get why she's acting guilty when she hasn't done any of those things in actuality, unless she's afraid she will start becoming like the character she became which seems to be the case perhaps. I have to assume Pride isn't the only harmful character in this world which is the only way any conflict could arise being that this Pride has no interest in being a bad person.
The author has kind of made her believe that she literally is Pride, and since she has Pride's memories of being an evil child, remembering the events from the game is making her feel like those are real, and that she would have actually done them if she didn't "recover her memories" from the past life she lived. So, she takes everything personally as if she is the same evil Pride that committed horrible atrocities. I'm pretty sure that logic doesn't add up, but it is what it is.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 9, 2023 11:45 AM

Mar 2008
LostSpectre said:
traed said:
The author has kind of made her believe that she literally is Pride, and since she has Pride's memories of being an evil child, remembering the events from the game is making her feel like those are real, and that she would have actually done them if she didn't "recover her memories" from the past life she lived. So, she takes everything personally as if she is the same evil Pride that committed horrible atrocities. I'm pretty sure that logic doesn't add up, but it is what it is.

That would make sense in one way and not in another. That's how reincarnation in other media usually is depicted as being born having your own personality but that personality remembers past memories. Only thing to suggest otherwise is fact she's in a game world.
Jul 10, 2023 3:50 AM
Dec 2019
have no idea whats happening and why everything turns "emotional" every 2 seconds like what is going on lmao
Jul 10, 2023 2:03 PM
Nov 2017
The last line from her was so GOOD. KILL ME, SHE SAID!!!!!!!! AAAAAAA
Jul 10, 2023 10:00 PM
Sep 2008
Is this a more serious "My Next Life as a Villainess"?
Jul 13, 2023 11:01 PM
Jul 2016
I didn't like how she felt guilty just for being a character and things that hadn't been done yet. It'd be different if she was regretting things she likely already did. Like how she broke into tears and started apoligizing to her little brother at the thought that her character in the future forced him to kill his mother. That's some kind of weird roundabout nonsense that I personally don't like. Considering I have about 20 anime already, I decided to drop this just after the first episode.
Jul 15, 2023 10:33 AM

Nov 2013
how da hell can someone be so evil at 8 years old? look at how cruel ingame Pride was ... even making the kid kill his mother...

anyway, it really shouldn't be hard for her to change the future, she just needs to not be as mean as she was before
i mean, she already changed many things and it's only been 1 episode (like saving her parents, earning the love of her servants instead of fear, not making Stale kill his mother, etc)

that preview, both her and the sister are totally cute, damn
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 15, 2023 10:45 AM

Nov 2013
S1zu said:
Feels generic somehow even though this is my first otome game anime. still isn't bad, I'm going to keep on watching it.

really? now i'm curious how this can feel generic to someone who never watched an otome anime before
i meaaaaan... while some parts of this remind me of other villainess anime i watched before, even then i wouldn't call this generic lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jul 15, 2023 1:15 PM

Nov 2009
Hehe, I remember reading this manga a long while ago. (did not finish reading)

This one is slightly more interesting than the other Villainess, cause this one... starts out with the Villainess being actual evil to start with and the MC starts in the mid of it.

Unlike most other ones that are either Tsunderes or start the story from the beginning where the Villainess wasn't evil to start with (not within the new reincarnated timeline where everyone doesn't have previous knowledge unless they're also reincarnated or told).

This one has more "feeling" since the MC knows exactly how evil the OG Villainess truly is from birth (whereas the other series the villainess being misunderstood by others then viewed or turned evil afterwards or just "I bully the Protag of the otome series") (this series' OG Villainess literally kills maids for fun)

So while the plot is similar to other Villainess (stop the bad end)

The setting has more emotion in this series, so it's not going to be just 'fun and game" adventure
amlgJul 15, 2023 1:44 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 15, 2023 3:17 PM
Oct 2020
I don't get why she is crying over things she never did or never even happened yet in her timeline. 4/10. Even the part with the contract, why was she freaking out? You know the storyline just don't do what the OG villainess did, problem solved. Too much unnecessary dramatics.
Jul 18, 2023 3:53 AM

Mar 2013
I was really looking forward to this one.. But now after having seen the first Episode all I could think of was "out of all the Reincarnation + Villainess Stories.... they chose THIS one?"

Maybe it was the pacing? I honestly have no idea but something about this just annoyed me and I couldn't get into it at all.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jul 18, 2023 6:35 AM

Feb 2014
I read several comments here & i agree that it's weird to feel guilty + trying to atone over a fictional character's evil deed, even if you're reincarnated into her.. especially because you remembered that it's all just a game in your original world. You're fully aware that her atrocities are just fiction, so why you're crying head over heels for it? NONSENSE!
ProtozJul 18, 2023 6:44 AM
Jul 30, 2023 1:37 PM

May 2015
A great start. 

I love the voice actor for the MC. The names are a bit unique, Pride and Stale. I'm curious what the other harem members are called. 

I can already tell I'm gonna like this a lot. Honestly might like it more than All Flags Lead to Doom cause I like this MC more than Katarina so far. Katarinas a bit too ditzy for me. I like the more serious MC here. 

Also, is it bad to say that I really like the orignal Pride? Idk theres just something about listening to that stereotypical villainess voice saying those lines with that smug expression thats really satisfying. Of course the making him kill his own mother part was dark but until that point she was pretty nice. 
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 7, 2023 8:44 PM

Feb 2019
i'm not liking the way this otome country's leaders and how they treat people. no wonder pride was a spoiled brat lol
Aug 8, 2023 8:16 PM

Oct 2022
Let's go Truck-kun, the real savior of this anime as always.
Aug 8, 2023 11:33 PM
Mar 2012
expected another romcom, got royalty with dark angst.
seems promising, but iv a backlog of half watched isekai otomes.
Sep 14, 2023 11:43 AM
Jan 2023
just like otome thing
Sep 19, 2023 11:36 PM
Aug 2022
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO TRUCK-KUN IS FUCKING BACK THIS SHOW WILL BE A GODDAMN BANGER I CAN FEEL IT
Sep 24, 2023 11:07 AM

May 2018
Why is this isekai anime so underrated? //I think this is because I haven't watched many isekai anime and found this one interesting.//

The first episode is so good and has an interesting plot!

I already love all the characters, especially Pride and Stale <3
naruuunaruuuSep 24, 2023 11:11 AM
Nov 29, 2023 1:05 AM

Dec 2020
This was boring not gonna lie first impressions are not great it started with generic-Isekai-death.mp4 (the return of Truck-kun is great)
No character building of her past they didn't even bother showing us her eyes. At least try to convince us that it's not important otherwise it's lame unless you do some mental gymnastics on us.
And watching the MC made me think. What a fkin crybaby like: Oh no! In the game that killed them! How horrible! Naturally, because I'm in this game world now and I am now the evildoer who did those things in that game. I am now responsible for the deaths that occurred in that game thanks to a game developer hiding in the mother's basement predetermining it while no actual death has happened yet!!!
Dec 1, 2023 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
another anime paste on Otome game, not 100% but ferry similar lol
Sugram22Dec 3, 2023 12:32 AM
Jan 2, 10:46 PM
Aug 2020
''Can I change the history of this world?''
I'm tired of saying this, I've been reading shoujo josei titles of this type for many years and the level of intelligence of the characters is impressively low, I don't understand how they always think that the world has a fixed direction, where their actions don't change the end result
it's obvious that it changes, and it doesn't make sense to think about it in the same way that it doesn't make sense to expect anything about this genre of story, it's terribly boring
Mar 11, 9:56 AM
Jun 2022
Just After Watching 3-4 Similar Otome Game Animes . This One Really Isn't Needed . Just Want To Drop This ASAP , Can't Stand Their Phony Dialogues . Annoying!
Apr 10, 6:13 PM

May 2015
Princess Pride is sure carrying a lot of guilt for her original self's actions. I can already see how the original game was set up for a romantic dating sim, if they killed off both parents instantly and kidnapped kids to force them to live with you! Stuff like that only happens in fan fiction and dating sims.
Apr 21, 8:57 AM

Aug 2019
pretty standard otome isekai start.
having seen a few of these already now i kinda want to see one where the mc doesnt turn into the nicest girl in the world but would instead do all the horrible things and then use her knowledge of the game to make sure no one would come in her way.

that ed was good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2023

28 by Magicmist »»
May 29, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2023

31 by Magicmist »»
May 22, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2023

46 by Magicmist »»
May 15, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2023

56 by bridison »»
May 10, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Higeki no Genkyou to Naru Saikyou Gedou Last Boss Joou wa Tami no Tame ni Tsukushimasu. Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 3, 2023

30 by Magicmist »»
May 8, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.