Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 9, 2023 2:11 PM

Aug 2021
There are so many things I love about this show but I actually was hoping the romance would be put off for a bit longer. Sosuke's and Mitsumi's relationship has been so refreshing for me b/c of how open they were able to be to this point w/o romantic feelings getting in the way. Even in this episode, that's really easy to spot. Maybe I'll end up eating my words but I'm just a bit concerned about the tonal shift there.
May 9, 2023 2:34 PM

May 2019
Hmm, so this is not a romance labeled show but it sure implied it even though they both said they're friends. Mitsumi made a big deal of Shima simply choosing to stay home but her concern was only as a "friend." Hope she doesn't get her heart broken if she thinks there's more there than there actually is.
May 9, 2023 2:34 PM

Nov 2021
What a cute episode, it looks like Sousuke is now able to open up to Mitsumi. Also, does it seem like Mitsumi likes him?
May 9, 2023 2:41 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
My heart has been overloaded with wholesomeness - part 6

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 9, 2023 2:48 PM
Oct 2020
Glad that they made up quickly
May 9, 2023 2:55 PM
Mar 2015
She just realized why she was so concerned about his absence
May 9, 2023 3:01 PM

Nov 2012
this ep healed the S out of me, I kinda wanna read manga to get some sweet stuff

My Candies:

May 9, 2023 3:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I was going to say chill skipping some class days is fine from time to time but she mainly just wanted his presence xD While he just didn't want to listen to the rumors, that cute in the end, and of course they made up ahah
May 9, 2023 4:00 PM
Mar 2018
"This is the first time I've been real friends with a girl"
A CRITICAL HIT!
May 9, 2023 4:02 PM

Mar 2020
Love and a bit of drama is in the air this episode, and it delivered everything very nicely. Compared to last episode, the visual direction was much better, and the episode also tackled a little rift in Mitsumi and Sousuke's relationship. In every school, there will be a variety of personalities, and what you think is normal might not be for someone else. Some people think skipping school is a really bad thing, some people take studying extremely seriously, and some will be laid back. Being friends with someone despite these differences can sometimes be challenging, but for Mitsumi and Sousuke, something so minor wouldn't make things awkward for too long.

The main reason I've enjoyed this show so much so far is that it's quite "human", if you catch my drift. They're relatable human emotions that we go through, and seeing others tackle the trials and tribulations of life in such a nice manner is great to see. Now, whether or not this is a step towards a more romantic route, I wouldn't really mind, it's fine as it is, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to romance either. At this point, it's starting to run away as my AOTS, despite some very strong competition this season.
May 9, 2023 4:08 PM
Aug 2020
SSJ-SUP3RM4N said:
There are so many things I love about this show but I actually was hoping the romance would be put off for a bit longer. Sosuke's and Mitsumi's relationship has been so refreshing for me b/c of how open they were able to be to this point w/o romantic feelings getting in the way. Even in this episode, that's really easy to spot. Maybe I'll end up eating my words but I'm just a bit concerned about the tonal shift there.
won't spoil anything specific, but there is no need to worry about that.
May 9, 2023 4:14 PM

Sep 2018
What a great little episode, she is so innocently cute, it's adorable watching her go about her day. Enjoying the slight development in the friendship as well. Had it at 8 before, bump it up to 9/10 after that one.
May 9, 2023 4:30 PM
Jan 2021
i wasn't really paying attention to the ost.

but this episode had so many quiet moments, i never noticed how good it is.
May 9, 2023 4:35 PM

Apr 2022
now that was a very relatable episode. i used to be like shima, always missing out on school for no reason and i knew someone exactly like mistumi, uptight. fun times.
might wanna bump up the rating after this.
May 9, 2023 4:36 PM
Mar 2023
This episode was just what he needed today, Mitsumi realizing that he is feeling things for Shima that start to go beyond friendship, and Shima realizing that Mitsumi really cares about him because she has him. affection, so you don't want him to get a bad image thanks to what the rest invents. I feel recovered ladies and gentlemen :)
May 9, 2023 4:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m actually amazed they managed to talk their problems out, Oregairu could never dream of this lol, and that’s not a diss because I really like Oregairu, but that’s what this reminded me of lol. Love to see it tho, the entire process of their quarrel was interesting to watch, so many great Mitsumi reactions and Shima was a bit different than he usually is, especially at the end when he was laughing his ass off about the situation lol. And then the pinnacle of Mitsumi’s reactions immediately followed as she realized she might love him and ran home quickly, that perfectly got across how she was feeling and was just an amazing moment.

But let’s backtrack a bit to earlier in the episode when Shima was hanging with his friend Chris. I couldn’t help but notice that Chris has two posters in his room, one said “Pomeranian Rhapsody” with the classic Queen imagery, and the other said “International Game Brothers” which was clearly a Mario and Blues Brothers reference, I got a kick out of those lol, felt like they were worth pointing out in an all around fantastic episode.
TheColonel76May 9, 2023 4:56 PM
May 9, 2023 4:49 PM
Apr 2023
I feel so called out. The way she overthinks every interaction is just me.
May 9, 2023 4:52 PM
Apr 2022
I LOVE THEM SO MUCH I'M GONNA CRY OMFG
May 9, 2023 5:12 PM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode!
May 9, 2023 5:24 PM

Oct 2022
I just love the way they portray character dynamic in this part of the story. The conflict between two opposite character and how they handle the resolution properly. Awesome episode as usual.

May 9, 2023 5:41 PM

Dec 2022
I can feel Shima's reaction when he got confronted by Mitsumi but when he knew she really is just concern with him that's when he remembers that she's that kind of character.

May 9, 2023 5:58 PM

Oct 2013
this show gives me life

<333
May 9, 2023 6:09 PM

Jan 2010
best parts were mitsumi telling shima that is boring without him around and her running at the end calling her best friend lol.

loving every chapter of this anime.
May 9, 2023 6:34 PM
Nov 2019
My gosh what a cute episode.

You can tell Mitsumi thinks hard to always do the right thing. Irl, confronting someone instead of continuously making passive aggressive comments to each other is extremely difficult for a lot of people. By doing so, Shima-kun opened up about his personal life to her! I love how he respects her vulnerability by doing the same. They’re gonna make a great team :)
May 9, 2023 6:47 PM

Oct 2022
It's so refreshing when communication issues can be solved in one episode instead of dragged out.
May 9, 2023 6:57 PM
Jan 2017
For what it's worth, it reminded me of highschool feelings.
May 9, 2023 7:36 PM

Mar 2016
This is a delightful coming of age anime and I got a little bit of romance vibes in this episode, please don't give me hopes about a relationship between those two.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 9, 2023 7:40 PM

Jun 2012
The miscommunication they had because they couldn't express what they truly wanted to say and how they resolved made this a really sweet and cute episode. Their expressions really added to the cuteness!!!
My 2023 Candies:

Bonus 2023 Candies:

May 9, 2023 8:07 PM
Apr 2023
Looks like a milestone or a point of development for both of Iwakura and Shima this episode.

Looks like their line of friendship just got a bit blurry and became something more.
May 9, 2023 8:43 PM

May 2022
Such heavy emotions. Mitsumi-chan and Shima-kun are each experiencing feelings they've never had for the opposite sex. Shima-kun's tears and laughter, Mitsumi's heart bursting out of her chest while she runs home through the wet streets, the emotional roller coaster of puberty! We all want these two to end up together, but will we get what we want!?

The animation, the pastel color palette, the silly and childish vibe, the too-light music, all serve simply as a counterweight to the deep and passionate feelings of our friends Iwakura and Shima. Surely this is all building up to a confession and a kiss?!
May 9, 2023 9:20 PM

Jul 2021
This episode kept me grinning ear to ear for the whole 23 minutes.

We have reached the halfway point of this series and things are starting to develop between the main characters. 

The last few minutes were perfectly executed, from Sousuke's laugh to Mitsumi's reaction and ending with a phone call to Fumi. They went full circle, starting with a phone call to ending with one.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

May 12, 2023 8:01 PM
Aug 2021
This episode was so DAMN fluffy. I can't get any better than this one.
May 12, 2023 8:28 PM
Oct 2019
This is too cute 😍
May 12, 2023 8:34 PM

May 2018
I want to hug and squeeze KumikoMitsumi-chan so badly. After a nice and subtle teen drama, fluffiness all around, I love it. Possible AOTS.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 12, 2023 8:45 PM

Nov 2022
I really appreciated the two of them being honest at the end there. It was nice seeing two people make up properly after an argument.
May 12, 2023 11:42 PM

Oct 2022
When Shima realized that Mitsumi was being genuine and wasn't half assing like most people do, he stopped her because he felt guilty about putting up a face. He thought that maybe he should be honest too, and when he was, she believed him, and sometimes, that's all you need. Instead of believing all the gossip and rumors, it's nice when you get to know someone just by talking to them and letting them be honest without judgment. For real though, we all need more Mitsumi's in our lives.
UndefeatedBahamut
May 12, 2023 11:56 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
All in all, the most important thing is to try and be honest with yourself. And always doubt your own opinion, because it's gonna be wrong so, so often that you might as well source-check yourself.

Another good episode.
May 13, 2023 1:09 AM
Nov 2020
ah yes, open communication in any kind of relationship you are in!
May 13, 2023 1:10 AM

Dec 2015
And people said this would be no romance (or only much later lol). I guess the remarks that some fans only recognize romance when it is very blunt (in those boring generic shounen and shoujo anime) ... and not when it is subtle. Didn't expect an episode fully dedicated on the two mains - this came really sudden.

For me this was pretty obvious that they hinted a lot here. Much better development than in most generic romance anime. Just that in the generic romance you do not have surprises a lot. The couple usually ends up together. Here we still have this more like a coming-of-age story ... there they ... might try to be in that kind of relationship. But where it also is possible that it might not work out - with them not staying together. But we'll see.

The "romantic subtext" is definitely required here after this episode though.
May 13, 2023 3:33 AM

May 2015
easily anime of the season 
May 13, 2023 4:29 AM
Nov 2019
its just nice to watch
May 13, 2023 6:10 AM
May 2021
it's really nice. Everything about this anime is really relatable for me to some degree, especially misunderstanding between friends. Had that a couple of times during my school life. It sucks but it happens. It's nice that they communicate with each other and deepened their friendship even more. Love it
May 13, 2023 7:46 AM
Jun 2021
This episode made me smile a lot because Mitsumi's behavior made me exasperated. I didn't expect Mitsumi to realize his feelings for Shima so quickly... I hope the two of them will always be together^^
May 13, 2023 8:04 AM

Jul 2021
For Fumi, yeah it's pretty normal for people to interpret it this way, when it's especially their first time too. I do think teenage love is a temporary thing, unless it's manageable. This EP builts some drama, not inherently bad  thanks to its narratives. Mitsumi really cares about Shima's whereabouts even tho she has a lot to learn, not only Shima's, but about people's own purpose in life around here. It's not always about to be the top class shenanigans. There were some comedic relief and the drama went straight-to-the-point in Shima's view where "It's all good" meaning acceptance but conversely, it's a detachment and moving forward is everlasting for some. Also the poster reference is killing me (lol) and ah yes. The-the-the HAND moment. Glad they easily made up in one episode. Shima wants Mitsumi to not feel dependent on rumors spreading around when all it takes for her to see the reality, and it's definitely a questionable thing as the story moves forward.
May 13, 2023 8:16 AM

Oct 2022
Being straight-forward like that sometimes bring people on the spot and makes them talk their feelings out, but still that's some smooth convo.
May 13, 2023 10:14 AM

Dec 2018
While watching S1E6, I found myself both laughing and crying at the same time. Laughing because of the reactions and how well emotions were expressed, and crying because both realized they like each-other. One of the best episodes thus far, imho.
May 13, 2023 12:23 PM

Jan 2022
This episode was definitely different from the others but still cute. I liked how Shima wanted to move forward but at the same time was worried about her being upset while Mitsumi was completely overthinking things. Very relatable. I'm glad Mitsumi decided to clear the air and talk to him about what happened. It really is true, people who are the happiest tend to have a bad background. Poor Shima deserves better. Mitsumi has finally realized she has feelings for Shima while he proceeded to be like "I've never had a real friendship with a girl" lol not sure how this anime is not considered a slice of life!! 
This never updates so that's cool
May 13, 2023 2:02 PM
Jan 2018
I love this show so much!! Omgosh it’s so wholesome. Even the awkward moments turn out right in the end, aww
May 13, 2023 2:37 PM

Sep 2020
Why no romance tag ? This episode was soo good. Best one as of now imo.
May 13, 2023 5:41 PM

Nov 2022
That ending with Mitsumi running through the street and asking herself why she feels so hot, made me giggled a bit. This anime knows how to capture the purity of moments.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

236 by anii_squid »»
Sep 4, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

140 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 20, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2023

174 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2023

210 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 8:14 AM

» Skip to Loafer Season 2 possibilty?

thermoquasi - Feb 29

27 by perseii »»
Jun 26, 12:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.