Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Revengers
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 19, 2023 9:09 AM

Feb 2021
This man Hakkai so pathetic lmao. 
Feb 19, 2023 9:19 AM

Aug 2018
taiju is fucking scum. they should kill him without any regrets
Feb 19, 2023 9:53 AM

Dec 2018
really does ANYONE left on planet earth know how to write a complete episode anymore? or is it just cliffhangers from here on to infinity?
Feb 19, 2023 9:56 AM

Dec 2018
i mean it really is a shitshow at this point and i just don't get how suddenly dude getting hit with a pipe isn't at the very least in a coma. not to mention "i was only fighting at 70 percent" what the hell does that even mean? 
Feb 19, 2023 10:36 AM

Jul 2013
sure thing, Takamitchy.

I can't believe they let Mitsuya get hit with a metal bar?? Chifuyu and Takamitchy just standing around, no help at all T_T pls
Feb 19, 2023 10:44 AM

May 2015
So this is the Shonen spirit ?
Feb 19, 2023 10:47 AM

Sep 2008
There's a phrase in basketball called, "Nothing but Net" to describe precise shooting where the ball never touches the rim of the basket.
There's a phrase to describe Takemitchy called, "Nothing but Ls" to describe him getting absolutely wrecked and never landing a single punch on his enemies. 

I can't help but laugh sometimes. This man has a heart of gold and balls of steel, but goes into danger with absolutely no plan at all, and gets destroyed, and is somehow perplexed why things keep going wrong. Like can you at least come up with something resembling logic? LOL, hopefully things turn out for the better based on what some other commenters say.
What isn't red? What isn't blue?
Feb 19, 2023 11:30 AM

Jun 2015
That Taiju is the reincarnation of a truck! Will there be any chance of Mikey getting a hit of insanity and looking for Mitsuya?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Feb 19, 2023 11:31 AM

Oct 2019
The way Mitsuya, Chifuyu and the Black Dragon guys just spawned to the scene with no sound or visuals to indicate their arrival.. lol
Feb 19, 2023 12:12 PM
Aug 2014
where the hell are the people who were hyping this arc up? saying we were not ready for it? cause NAAAH this shit is getting more worse by the episode this season.
Feb 19, 2023 2:04 PM

Jul 2015
MuMu_anime said:
DisconnectedUser said:
Dude you wouldn't recognize buildup if you were a punching bag and it hit you 24/7. There's no buildup here, there's just dragging things on for too fucking long.

Like what the fuck is up with this writing. Hakkai literally came there to kill Taiju, then Mitsuya comes and tells him he could never stand up to Taiju, orders him to fight Taiju with him while Takemichi and Chifuyu are distracting the other two. Instead he gives up and lets everyone get beaten without achieving anything only for him to do the thing he was supposed to after all the backup is half dead only for Takemichi to headbutt him because he doesn't want Hakkai to fight Taiju even though he was acting as a distraction for Hakkai and Mitsuya to focus on fighting him fucking 30 seconds earlier even though he came there to stop Hakkai from doing that in the first place.

Not to mention the part where everyone from Black Dragon just paused for a minute to let the others come up with a plan.

The writing is fucking abysmal and all over the place. The last time I've seen writing this bad is.. Big Order? Mayoiga? That's 2016 I think and I think they aired at the same time. Evil or Live? Ousama Game? Come to think of it those two aired at the same time as well. Wonder if there's another anime airing right now with writing this bad lol

Either it was actually watchable or I was on something throughout the entirety of season 1. I don't recall the first season being all that great but holy shit I do not remember it being this bad either.

Then drop it. The amount of half assed viewers Tokyo Revengers seems to have attracted this season is so stupid. I can't come into a damn discussion thread without hearing the most garbage ass takes. It's okay to not like Tokyo Revengers! But then go find another seasonal anime to focus your energy on. You're wasting your time and especially mine! Because you have some audacity to act as if you understand TR but can't see that this is how every arc in TR is structured. That was your first red flag and you failed to see it. I know TR has become controversial for the dumbest of reasons but sometimes it feels like the hate to like ratio is super unbalanced and not in a good way. I don't want you to love it, I just want people like you to leave this series alone. Gate keeping is looked down upon but I don't give a crap. It sounds very tempting the more this season goes on. When episode 8 comes out I feel it's going to become even more true, unfortunately 😔

TR fandom if people are this vocal about hating the Black Dragon arc then I'm sorry to burst your bubble Tenjiku will most likely not be doing any better. As a TR fan this season has become exhausting and it shouldn't be. It's disappointing but I just can't help but think negatively abouty favorite series future 🥲
The fact that you expect other people to act how you want them to was your first mistake and you failed to see it.

How am I wasting ESPECIALLY your time? Dude you yourself chose to answer to me. Take responsibility of yourself for fuck's sake. I don't give a fuck if someone thinks I'm wasting my time, I'm not the one complaining about my time usage. If you see what I'm doing as a waste of time then don't do it. I don't see it that way. You can't expect other people to act how you want them to. You're just complaining about me using my time on complaining about the writing of a show. You're expecting me to move on from something I think negatively of while getting stuck on a comment you yourself didn't like. You're doing the exact same thing as me. Only difference is I'm not being a hypocrite about it.

If other people's opinion of your favorite show is making you think negatively of it then maybe there's some truth to those opinions. It's that or you're just way too concerned about your opinion being affirmed by others.

The amount of people acting on a totalitarian impulse is too fucking high.
DisconnectedUserFeb 19, 2023 2:08 PM
Feb 19, 2023 2:43 PM

Jul 2022
dam~~ i hope takemichi's able to take over black dragon, would be pretty interesting ngl
Feb 19, 2023 2:47 PM
Oct 2020
DisconnectedUser said:
MuMu_anime said:

Then drop it. The amount of half assed viewers Tokyo Revengers seems to have attracted this season is so stupid. I can't come into a damn discussion thread without hearing the most garbage ass takes. It's okay to not like Tokyo Revengers! But then go find another seasonal anime to focus your energy on. You're wasting your time and especially mine! Because you have some audacity to act as if you understand TR but can't see that this is how every arc in TR is structured. That was your first red flag and you failed to see it. I know TR has become controversial for the dumbest of reasons but sometimes it feels like the hate to like ratio is super unbalanced and not in a good way. I don't want you to love it, I just want people like you to leave this series alone. Gate keeping is looked down upon but I don't give a crap. It sounds very tempting the more this season goes on. When episode 8 comes out I feel it's going to become even more true, unfortunately 😔

TR fandom if people are this vocal about hating the Black Dragon arc then I'm sorry to burst your bubble Tenjiku will most likely not be doing any better. As a TR fan this season has become exhausting and it shouldn't be. It's disappointing but I just can't help but think negatively abouty favorite series future 🥲
The fact that you expect other people to act how you want them to was your first mistake and you failed to see it.

How am I wasting ESPECIALLY your time? Dude you yourself chose to answer to me. Take responsibility of yourself for fuck's sake. I don't give a fuck if someone thinks I'm wasting my time, I'm not the one complaining about my time usage. If you see what I'm doing as a waste of time then don't do it. I don't see it that way. You can't expect other people to act how you want them to. You're just complaining about me using my time on complaining about the writing of a show. You're expecting me to move on from something I think negatively of while getting stuck on a comment you yourself didn't like. You're doing the exact same thing as me. Only difference is I'm not being a hypocrite about it.

If other people's opinion of your favorite show is making you think negatively of it then maybe there's some truth to those opinions. It's that or you're just way too concerned about your opinion being affirmed by others.

I'm sorry I triggered a hater in a discussion board about a series they find abysmal 🙇‍♀️! I should have been more polite. Please go waste your time somewhere else. Thank you!
Feb 19, 2023 3:01 PM
Nov 2017
final scene.. amazing
Feb 19, 2023 6:30 PM

Feb 2022
Good episode!

A chapter full of action and a very determined Takemichi at the end of the chapter, I loved it
 I'm not a critic or anything like that but I like to give my opinion

Feb 19, 2023 6:37 PM
Mar 2015
Once more into the breach dear friends and fill in the wall with our English dead
Feb 19, 2023 8:34 PM
Aug 2013
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 20, 2023 6:04 AM
May 2020
Marinate1016 said:
This shit so stupid man. Why does everyone keep grabbing knives with their bare hands lmao

How fucking convenient that Taiju got two goons just hiding out in the church the whole time who were not making a peep even when he got stabbed, dude just pop up out of nowhere. Then somehow Mitsuya survives that and like 40 other shots to the skull?? How is this man not dead lmao

Hakkai bum ass really just gonna sit back and watch all this take place and not raise a fist until everyone on the floor seizing up lmaooo

I agree with the rest of things and I don't like the knife grabbing as well but here it kinda makes sense. If you wanted to stop someone from stabbing someone and if the one holding the knife was your friend you could do 2 things:
-Grab the blade but but not the cutting surface or grab them by the wrist. The problem is that in both those scenarios he could just force the knife out of your hand without hurting you.
-Grab the blade by the cutting surface so if your friend didn't want to hurt you he would not be able to move the blade without cutting your hand and because of that the only thing he could do would be letting go of the knife.
Feb 20, 2023 7:27 AM

Jul 2015
MuMu_anime said:
DisconnectedUser said:

I'm sorry I triggered a hater in a discussion board about a series they find abysmal 🙇‍♀️! I should have been more polite. Please go waste your time somewhere else. Thank you!
The amount of projection though. Your reading comprehension is non-existent too.
Feb 20, 2023 8:54 AM
Oct 2022
character development
grew big balls -check✅
took punches like man -check✅
plans to take over black dragon -check✅
gets courage from his gf- check✅
stops crying -check✅
pisses off taiju-check✅

punches taiju's balls - cross.❌

p.s: yes this is copied comment from 9anime.to (@ashutosh_tomar)
Feb 20, 2023 2:02 PM
Oct 2020
0451 said:
SpaceboiBebop said:

I totally hear you. I think the same lol, but this logic can be applied to most, if not all, shonen anime.

Makes me appreciate Jojos mockery of this whole genre lol.

With that said, I’m still enjoying it, but man these characters don’t even have super powers to justify all the hits they’re taking.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not using this point against Tokyo Revengers. As you said, a lot of anime do this. And it's not just anime, a lot of shows and movies do this too. Otherwise, they'd be too boring to watch. It's just that in TR's case, it's a lot harder for me to suspend my disbelief. When you see the main character being beaten to a pulp in every other episode, it just starts losing its weight.

I completely agree with that. I know exactly what you mean.
Feb 20, 2023 2:06 PM
May 2020
hands given to everyone daamn
Feb 20, 2023 2:42 PM
Apr 2022
THEY GAVE MY BOY TAKEMICHI RESOLVE?????
Feb 20, 2023 2:47 PM
Apr 2022
the whole point of this arc is to show takemichi gaining resolve and trying to once again save Hina from death, stop focusing on the little things and enjoy the fighting if it pleases u or just leave? no need to talk shit in from of all of us who actually care about what's going on.
Feb 20, 2023 4:22 PM

May 2018
Finally Takemitchy actually stands after taking a punch. Now let's hope he actually starts learning how to fight...
Feb 20, 2023 5:08 PM

May 2020
MuMu_anime said:
DisconnectedUser said:
Dude you wouldn't recognize buildup if you were a punching bag and it hit you 24/7. There's no buildup here, there's just dragging things on for too fucking long.

Like what the fuck is up with this writing. Hakkai literally came there to kill Taiju, then Mitsuya comes and tells him he could never stand up to Taiju, orders him to fight Taiju with him while Takemichi and Chifuyu are distracting the other two. Instead he gives up and lets everyone get beaten without achieving anything only for him to do the thing he was supposed to after all the backup is half dead only for Takemichi to headbutt him because he doesn't want Hakkai to fight Taiju even though he was acting as a distraction for Hakkai and Mitsuya to focus on fighting him fucking 30 seconds earlier even though he came there to stop Hakkai from doing that in the first place.

Not to mention the part where everyone from Black Dragon just paused for a minute to let the others come up with a plan.

The writing is fucking abysmal and all over the place. The last time I've seen writing this bad is.. Big Order? Mayoiga? That's 2016 I think and I think they aired at the same time. Evil or Live? Ousama Game? Come to think of it those two aired at the same time as well. Wonder if there's another anime airing right now with writing this bad lol

Either it was actually watchable or I was on something throughout the entirety of season 1. I don't recall the first season being all that great but holy shit I do not remember it being this bad either.

Dude, it's ok for people to not like it. It's not just blind hate, the guy gave reasons as to why he didn't like it. That's what these forums are for, discussing your opinions on each episode.

And even though I like the show, I 100% get the hate. It's hard to enjoy sometimes when it feels like the MC makes zero progress on himself, and continues to make terrible decisions even though he's supposedly a guy in his mid 20's. If he was just a punching bag, ok. If he just cried every single episode, ok. If he refused to even TRY learning to fight after the first beatdown, ok. If he didn't blindly run into all these conflicts without a plan, ok.

But the problem is this character continues to do all these things, and that'll inevitably wear on peoples' patience. The writing doesn't help bail out these things either, never trying to rationalize or explain how this could even be possible. If that weren't enough, they made the bizarre choice to have all the kids be MIDDLE SCHOOLERS, and you have a 20 something dude consistently being taken to task not just physically, but mentally, by these middle schoolers. Wasn't it just a couple episodes ago where he saw the initials "B.D." on the back of everyone's gang jackets & couldn't figure out what it was, even though all episode he was talking about BLACK DRAGON?

Again, I don't hate the show, I just know I can tolerate way more than many fans who expect good writing, character progression & meaningful development. But to act like this is all blind or unjustified hate instead of valid criticism? C'mon... we can enjoy the show, but it's easier to just accept that there's definitely plenty for people to complain about. I haven't read the manga, but if this keeps up, I won't be surprised if viewership continually declines & we don't get another season.
“No, you can’t have a show where everybody’s Krillin!” – Shinpachi
Feb 20, 2023 5:17 PM
Jan 2021
This episode was amazing! The tension of the arc at a climax, all the characters having to do with Hakkai's backstory in one place, just seeing everyone's resolve was amazing!
Feb 20, 2023 7:24 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Damn that was a great ep!! Imagine if Takemitchy actually beats Taiju and takes over Black Dragon XD
Feb 20, 2023 8:13 PM

Feb 2012
Why is everyone just appearing out of nowhere? It's so off putting to have them just pop into the scene. Hakkai is as much a loser as Takemitchy. It was incredibly frustrating to watch Takemitchy and Mitsuyah try to give him the motivation to stand up to his brother only for him to back down. I feel bad for Mitsuyah, he put up a "good" fight but Taiju is too strong and everyone else is beyond useless. 

Takemitchy is such a shit character I can't even be happy about that final scene. It was just laughable.
LiquidGoldFeb 20, 2023 8:16 PM
Feb 21, 2023 12:16 AM

Aug 2019
Takemitchy is extremely daring, despite the fact that he is weaker than Taiju.

He has a lot more endurance than I imagined. He's taken a lot of punches from Taiju, yet he's still standing.

Hell yeah Takemitchy!!
Feb 21, 2023 1:21 AM
Mar 2018
The Grit of matsuyu and takemitchy is out of this world. enduring countless blows from taiju who is shocked and gives them respect.
i really do pity hakkai as he knows not what to do
Feb 21, 2023 2:53 AM

Jul 2020
Fuck yes, kick Takemitchi's teeth in some more, that's the only thing he's good for anyways
Feb 21, 2023 12:11 PM
Feb 2019
This anime is totally fucked up.

The knife was a lot smaller, and then like magic, it become like a SWORD !!!

Come on !!!

Gradius2Feb 21, 2023 12:27 PM
Feb 21, 2023 12:43 PM
Nov 2020
Feb 22, 2023 5:36 AM

Sep 2020
This episode is pretty dumb ngl, I really want Mikey to save this situation.
Feb 22, 2023 7:25 AM
Jul 2021
Bro i thought i was the only one who hated this ep.
The mangaka of TR will really sell his soul to make the show look a lil bit cooler .
Lets count the no of people who walked till in the middle of the church and no one noticed
Yuzuha , mitsuha, chifuyu , the two goons like what the hell is going on.
Also mitsuha actually put up a fight against taiju and dude wasnt even tired .
Then fricking takemitchy came ate like 10 punches to the face, and taiju is suddenly out of breath gasping like crazy ?
Also whats with holding the knife itself for gods sake, there is an entire human body which is not sharp , also if you are so fricking hinged about not killing taiju, you can atleast use knife to hurt him for gods sake. He is literally throwing benches at them , and you wouldn't even use the weapon you have.
Too dumb ngl, and the characters dont look cool at all, just dumb.
Also just remembered that when mitsuya got knocked out, they put him in bench talked for a shit ton of time, then make their minds up, mitsuya wakes again, they talk for another discussion all while taiju and group is waiting for them to finish up( even tho taiju literally said 5 secs ago that he was getting tired and gonna end this soon).
Ik its an anime and isnt supposed to make all that sense but this is beyond dumb
This show is either super predictable or would just do literally non sensical things and try as hard as it can to be non predictable.
Idk if we are allowed to send our predictions in ep discussion forum so lemme know if its not allowed and i will delete it.
Ik for a fact this is gonna somehow end up leading to, mikey and draken saving the day.
And kisaki and hanma walking thru all of this without any harm all because they would say, that takemitchy and group have no 'proof ' against them, which is a stupid ass excuse but would make perfect sense for this show.
I haven't read the manga so dont spoil me and I'm not spoiling anyone
Aryan-0_0Feb 22, 2023 7:30 AM
Feb 22, 2023 8:51 PM
Apr 2021
Absolute gay ass' ass
Feb 22, 2023 8:53 PM
Apr 2021
Marinate1016 said:
This shit so stupid man. Why does everyone keep grabbing knives with their bare hands lmao

How fucking convenient that Taiju got two goons just hiding out in the church the whole time who were not making a peep even when he got stabbed, dude just pop up out of nowhere. Then somehow Mitsuya survives that and like 40 other shots to the skull?? How is this man not dead lmao

Hakkai bum ass really just gonna sit back and watch all this take place and not raise a fist until everyone on the floor seizing up lmaooo
F*cking FACTS my guy this episode was the dumbest one by far
Feb 22, 2023 8:58 PM
Apr 2021
Marinate1016 said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

It's almost like you don't have over 600+ series finished in your list, why you're trying to apply realism in a shounen series about superhuman teenager delinquents with time travel?

It’s almost like I don’t care. Go cry.
Marinate1016 said:
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:

It's almost like you don't have over 600+ series finished in your list, why you're trying to apply realism in a shounen series about superhuman teenager delinquents with time travel?

Marinate we should be friends, ur based as hell xD
Feb 22, 2023 9:39 PM

Nov 2021
Takebitchy back at it again with the maxxed out defence no attack.

Well, more like maxed out vitality XD cause he bleeding like a mf* hahaha

Feb 23, 2023 5:57 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Mitsuya appears to save the day!!! kekeke
Feb 23, 2023 8:12 AM

Feb 2019
Hellish2021 said:
Marinate1016 said:

Marinate1016 said:

Marinate we should be friends, ur based as hell xD

Appreciate that my guy. Real recognise real
Feb 23, 2023 11:41 AM

Jun 2019
Man... now I just start feeling bad for Takemichi at this point. He can't defeat him but he's still trying which is commendable but I don't think there's any hope of winning this fight. Takemichi wants to take over Black Dragon. Damn...
Feb 23, 2023 9:22 PM

Jul 2016
Someone should make Yuzuha a Toman commander considering the metaphorical "balls" she has shown this last couple of episodes. Easily the only person with guts in that church until Mitsuya showed up.

But seriously, how can this be so trash? Hakkai has reached Takemichi-levels of pathetic, Taiju and co. patiently waiting for the others to talk and form a plan, everyone grabbing knives by the blade to show how metal they are, Taiju being portrayed as a damn refrigerator with legs despite only being 16/17, fucking Takemichi magically being able to take Taiju's "seVeNty pErCEnT" punches despite almost reaching comatose state just one episode ago... ugh.
Feb 24, 2023 7:22 AM
Dec 2021
Zipf Distibution, ZETA FUNCTION. RIEMANN ZETA FUNCTION
Feb 24, 2023 4:01 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Mitsuya really had guts in this episode, and Takemichi as well I respect him for that, standing in front of Black Dragon boss and taking all the hits, this is hardcore
Feb 24, 2023 5:56 PM
Jul 2019
Sure, no one sees the tall blonde guy carrying a piece of metal walking around in the church until he ambushes Mitsuya in front of everyone...
Feb 25, 2023 4:40 AM

Jan 2021
Why is everyone always taking takemichi so seriously?

Fights are also poorly done, can't say I'm a fan of this season
Feb 25, 2023 11:00 AM

May 2020
The way Taiju, Koko and Inupi were just standing there waiting for Mitsuya to finish his pep talk got a laugh out of me.

But the thing coming in next episode is when this series will reach peak comedy. Can't wait.
Feb 25, 2023 6:48 PM
Jan 2023
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2023

137 by callmethebigG »»
May 19, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

191 by windyshadow »»
Apr 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2023

129 by vv1 »»
Mar 18, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2023

103 by vv1 »»
Mar 16, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Revengers: Seiya Kessen-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2023

112 by vv1 »»
Mar 16, 8:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.